This is the best boss fight in Souls history

This is the best boss fight in Souls history

Attached: ape.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>brap and scat the boss
maybe for you.

I like how DaS1 is supposedly the bestest game but pretty much every iteration of the formula yields better bosses.

Gael, Genichiro, and Gehrman are all better
>all start with G
hmmm

Mirror bosses are always the best bosses in any action game.

Attached: ssdt-owl.jpg (800x1000, 151K)

Everyone loves DS1 because for most people it's their first Souls game. Looking at it objectively, it has a pretty weak lineup of bosses, is by far the easiest, and the last third of the game is obviously rushed and unfinished. The best boss, O&S, would be mid-tier at best in BB/DS3/Sekiro. The thing that sets it apart was the lack of teleporting which gives it a very adventurous feel compared to the others.

Wow. Imagine that.

Owl is fucking great, much better than Ape or Genichiro

How is this man supposed to be stealthy again

because shut up

>adventurous feel
This is by far the best defining trait of DaS1 that sets it apart from all the others

It was ok, especially the fake out, but Ludwig and Gael were legendary.

The bosses in DS2 are trash since half of them are piss easy and i defeated them on my first try

It's the same with DeS, and that game has maybe 3-4 bosses that even come close to the already low DS1 standard of bosses.
Nostalgia just blinds a lot of kids.

Treacherous cunt.

Nobody can detect you if everyone is dead

the throne defender and watcher is the hardest boss fight in the series

This, when I went deep in my first blind ds1 playthrough I was feeling suspense precisely because I couldn't just teleport away to my safe space, I had to commit if I wanted to explore even further away.

Can't argue with that

he can just sit down and look like a homeless man

DS2 still has more good bosses than DS1

It has like 41 bosses, I'd hope at least a quarter of them would be good.

i don't know if that's true, but it is a pretty good fight. shame about the one that comes immediately after.

top 10 hardest bosses in souls:

>1
Friede
>2
Orphan of Kos
>3
Demon of Hatred
>4
Sir Alonne
>5
Guardian Ape
>6
Nameless King
>7
Midir
>8
Gael
>9
Kalameet
>10
Lawrence

First of all, fuck that shit throwing ape cunt
Second, not a souls game, its a same axe sound effect game

Darklurker and Fume Knight and harder than any boss in Sekiro.

'no'

>uses lloyd talismans

what a nigger

>not mentioning Sword Saint to get edgy points

At lest you got your (you)

Where's Flamelurker
Where's the Maneaters
Where's Fume Knight
Ape is ez
Demon of Hatred is just an easier Laurence
Who the hell thinks Kalameet is hard

Demon and Guardian Ape on a list of hard bosses lol?

Scrubs. Headless Ape was easy as fuck, as was Guardian Ape. Just don't be a retard and you won't ever get hit.

What boss in Sekiro is hard? Demon of Hatred is the only one and thats because its more of a souls boss style.

How to beat second fight with him where he calls in another monkey

so what’s the sekiro build in ds1?

>Friede
>Hard
Besides everyone knows the hardest boss in the series is Lud & Zallen

Attached: 1549896952953.gif (446x469, 1.46M)

Just spam firecrackers at the new monkey. It dies quick.

came here to post this, literally the only boss i still haven't downed across the entire series.

lmao 2kat

Attached: 1537291178273.jpg (960x720, 65K)

>steals the first phase from a tutorial Monster Hunter monster
>fromfags cry about how hard it is
Yeah, nah

so does gay
tells a lot about you user

Oh yeah i forgot about the firecrackers

sekiro is not a souls game

that is like saying ass creed is a souls game

The only boss I find difficult on that list is kos

This. Frombabies are pathetic

That's because DeS wasn't trying to make every boss a degree of False King. There's loads of experimentation and gimmicks which keep it fresh. People complain about all non-False King variants in all later games in the series for existing (except Executioner's Chariot) when they should've been complaining about them not being as good as Old Monk and Fool's Idol.

Skeiro is not a souls game. This is the main reasen why people are disapointed in it btw

Attached: 1513488314427.png (499x338, 38K)

a lot of people i knew did guardian ape, both #1 and #2 first try

If you have a good shurikan upgrade, just use that damage sugar that halves your vitality and kill him with shurikans.

>flamelurker
>hard
Sticky white stuff. He's only hard when you're fresh at the game.

not even close

Attached: 1535016486576.png (296x342, 49K)

nice argument

a pure action game with no stamina is not comparable to an action RPG with a stamina system

sekiro has soulsborne are night and day

a game with hard bosses doesn't make it "souls"

How did people think this boss was hard?

>He's only hard when you're fresh at the game.
that's literally every single boss in the ""series""

Honestly, having played every souls game, my list would rank as:

(and this is excluding chalice dungeons)

>1
Sword Saint
>2
Orphan of Kos
>3
Demon of Hatred
>4
Friede
>5
Ludwig
>6
Gael
>7
Owl (Father)
>8
Lawrence
>9
Nameless King
>10
Fume Knight

Lawrence is the only one out of those ten I'd genuinely consider a bad, or just plain poorly conceived as a boss.

As for the most frustrating, that would be the pre-patch version of the Flexile Sentry in DaS2, exclusively in higher ng's for his ridiculously overbuffed ninja adds.

I didn't find Guardian Ape too challenging at all

and*

Sekiro is not a souls game you stupid fucking cunt. It's made by the same guy and that's all the have in common.

>Sir Alonne
Not even the hardest boss in his own game. Hell, not even the hardest boss in his own DLC

this, its not a clunky tedious game

>Demon of Hatred
>Laurence

These fights really aren't even remotely similar apart from their high health pools.

Demon is agile, fast and very mobile, whereas Laurence is slow and cumbersome like his predecessor, the cleric beast, and his difficulty almost exclusively comes from the irritating aoe's from his attacks.

>Laurence
>bad design
wai-what?

Attached: RAGNAR.jpg (2048x2048, 479K)

retard
all bloodborne bosses are harder than sekiro bosses because you cant just mash L1 to deflect/parry, you actually have to time your dodges

Which monster?
I haven't played Sekiro but I am an MHfag and this cas piqued my curiosity.

oh shit nevermind I thought you meant Ludwig

still Laurence is fine

Haven't fought him yet, what ive heard it's basically "hey remember us telling you to forget the souls playstyle? REMEMBER IT AGAIN FAGGOT!"

>undersells it by having you fight the headless one and his bootyfriend 30 minutes later
waaaaaack

I loved the first fight though. No camera issues, no bullshit arena, just cool shit and an awesome twist. Top 5 probably.

>any top 10 hardest list without Loran Darkbeast or FRC Ebrietas

Attached: 1536621978788.jpg (320x320, 8K)

>just use your countless hours of experience bro
We're talking about first encounters retard. When I played DeS back in 09 for the first time I thought Flamelurker was actually a joke fight and you weren't actually supposed to kill him, I ran around the whole level looking for some lever or some shit before finally manning up and deciding to get better at the game.

How do you guys remember the names of bosses from DaS2? That shit was such forgettable garbage.

Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty fanfic chalice dungeon bosses, sweety.

I wish I didn't have the headless ape spoiled for me
It would've been so much more unnerving to have it be a surprise like intended

Attached: 1483617411934.jpg (616x322, 61K)

Fuck you, Sir Alonne wasn't forgettable, he resonates with my weeb soul

that's why I stayed away from every Sekiro thread, while playing
when he stood up again, with his head in his hand I panicked and died immediately

Alonne is small time now that Sekiro exists.

>No Bullshit Arena
Maybe, but there was Apeshit everywhere.

the music, the unnerving noises and the one-shot scream really made it spookier than what it deserved to be for such a meager 2nd phase

Maybe, but I haven't gotten around to playing Sekiro yet. Might give it a try over the weekend

>friede
>hard

Basically.
Last boss is alot more fun than demon.

I love DS2 but that's BS.
Darklurker can barely hit you with him slow melee and his magic only needs you to run to the side all the time occasionally hitting him.
A bit tricky when he splits but still not that big of a deal compared to Alonne, Fume, Ivory or even Elena.

>Guardian Ape
>Not Headless Ape & His Wife's Son
>Not Daddy Owl
>Not Sword Saint
bait

Flamelurker is a joke, barely passes as a DS1 miniboss, something around the same level of complexity as the chained prisoner. Barely any moves just a few flailing punches and a jump and an explosion punch.

Maneaters is a fucking broken mess where one can end up flying in circles and never landing, it rarely becoming a 2v1 as the first one starts to get hurt like they intended.
Both DS1 and DS2 gargoyles are lightyears better.

They go down like a bitch if you use fire weapon and have decent DPS on your build. That fight is also easier without summons as the 2nd cat comes in when the first is at 30% HP instead of from the start if you summon.
You can get a really good stagger combo going and kill the first as the 2nd is jumping in, thus it'll never become a 2v1.

but you can teleport after a certain point in the game so even that argument is stupid

FRC AB >

Except DS does the gimmick bosses better like Chariot, Pursuer, Najka, Skelly Lords etc. except the gimmick is on top of a regular fight, not the fight itself.
You don't just pull the gate lever and that makes Chariot die instantly, you still have to fight the horse.
Same for pursuer, you can 2 shot him with the balista of you parry him in front of it and run up to it to shoot. Or have a summon do it.
But he can also break them and fuck you over, the gimmick being 100% optional.

Compare that with meme bosses like Dragon God, Old Hero or Storm King where once you find the gimmick the bosses just melt in seconds.

I really enjoyed the fight, but I have way more trouble vs. "human" enemies than I had with him, I died countless times to lady butterfly, died like 4 times to Genichiro, but did Ape on first try.

Attached: 1554132776439.jpg (222x249, 8K)

At least make a smart bait thread. How fucking stupid are you?

Attached: Faggot.png (521x367, 92K)

>barely kill Ape with 1 heal left
>SHINOBI EXECUTION
>"FUCK YEAH I DID IT FIRST TRY"
>music starts up again
>"NAANIII???!"
>DEATH
>lose 2000 XP

Thanks Miyazaki

Attached: 1550755170899.jpg (704x593, 361K)