Power Rangers

Was it shit?

Attached: SQ_NSwitchDS_PowerRangersBattleForTheGrid.jpg (1000x1000, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/emmaklahana/status/1106223102990520320
twitter.com/WllyP/status/1112879282198593536
youtube.com/watch?v=Dzi8T0aGXWU
powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Sheriff_Skyfire
youtube.com/watch?v=CC3TFnu_wEc
youtube.com/watch?v=o_cLPgReLYM
youtu.be/Sn5-UEG2q7g
youtu.be/rWc4lOVlgLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AS-8wsledg
youtu.be/u6k5fONDf-w
youtu.be/zgRV7gEz5T0
youtube.com/watch?v=ge_GUxaxDgs
twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1113519842064310272
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, sadly. Cool idea though.

How come American adaptations always make stuff "gritty" and take it so seriously

For fuck's sake they're wearing dinosaur outfits, it was designed with a sense of humour in mind.

Why is it Saban's Power Rangers, I get that he was behind the team that made Power Rangers but why the fuck would the guy who managed the team get the whole thing named after him?

It's actually a very solid fighter, but it needs more content and some polish. I'm positive that they'll be fixing it up as they rank in sales, especially since they've just announced three new free fighters. Anyone who says it's shit hasn't played it.

Yes its shit. Every power ranger game that doesn't have the 90 music is shit.

Confirmed never having played the game.

>It's actually a very solid fighter,
It really is not, the game is a complete broken mess. Not just the huge amount of glitches but how they completely fucked up scaling.

It is fun as a dumb kuso game but it will never be anything more than that. And it isn't going to be a big seller.

>no kira no buy
Less OC, more rangers pls

twitter.com/emmaklahana/status/1106223102990520320

Rita when?

>THIS is the first fully cross-play fighter apart from Sony

why

Lol, best way to make the people do the opposite

Its solid as a tag based fighter which is by design supposed to be broken.

Glitches were what I was referring to with polish, and I'm sure they'll iron those out with title updates. Scaling and other balance issues can also be fixed in later patches. The foundation for a good fighter is there, and it feels great to play. It's a very low budget game so you need to cut them some slack and not expect Guilty Gear levels of insanity.

>apart from Sony
Cause this is where the main playerbase is for most fighters. For the cost and difficulties it incurs you aren't really widening that playerbase that much.

It uses the movie logo, which was still a Saban property when it came out. Even though the game has a shoestring budget, it was most likely started during or after the movie came out.

Blame the comics, which ramp up the edge factor of the series, and considering that this game take three comic "original" characters, you can guess why. Power Rangers rarely took itself seriously, except ironcally for the times when the Super Sentai adaptaiton was goofy in origin (Turbo, RPM)

This is just admitting that right now it isn't a solid fighter which was my point. Basic shit like this
twitter.com/WllyP/status/1112879282198593536

>The foundation for a good fighter is there
The foundations are it is a fighting game that sometimes work. With that you could say any fighter could become good, you could take any fighter and update/change enough things to make it a good game. But considering the budget and the interest this game is unlikely to ever see a huge overhaul. It isn't going to be anything more than a dumb fun side game.

>not expect Guilty Gear levels of insanity.
You say that like ArcSys is a big company who always had lots of money.

They've probably got double their budget back in the sales already considering how obviously this was made with basically no money. They have plenty of time to listen to complaints and fix it now, but I don't care if they don't because it's a fun enough kusoge game.

It's not like they expected this to get an EVO main spot.

Attached: a12b738faefbd3eeae522d619097b1f6348c2f924a9f7faf0163870c0c9a98ed.png (442x434, 91K)

It's just ok, balance is kind of fucky.
We're getting three new free fighters soon, so that's good.

Attached: 1536723289979.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

>fully cross-play

>make the other two versions come out at a later date
>given probably the lowest budget a licenced IP game has seen in a while on major platforms

wow, the publisher really had no faith in this game considering they were also the developer...

Sentai > PR
though both are in the verge of cancelling

>First blue ranger we get is from the movie
Good job at making him fit the style, but I have no idea what moves he'll have.
I don't recognize the other two either.

PR is surprisingly in an okay enough place. If the new sentai doesn't save the series PR will likely still go on for a bit

>I have no idea what moves he'll have.
Look at the mobile game, Legacy Wars, for an idea of how he'll play.

Udonna is from Mystic Force and the Dragon Armor Trini is from the Boom comics, so it's a nice bit of diversity.

Comic and Mystic Force. She showed up in like four episodes in total as a ranger.

Attached: 8a8f62b3f57c8d710906534e0e3416e3.jpg (419x648, 50K)

If she's half as annoying as she is in Legacy Wars I'm going to be happy as hell.

Attached: 1544645740867.webm (640x310, 2.96M)

>isn't going to be a big seller

I don't think they ever thought it would be. game seems more like a passion project to the series, and is an enjoyable because of it. doesn't excuse bugs and glitches, but still gives me a reason to enjoy it.

They really are making some strange choices for the roster.

Is this the Overwatch of fighting games?

>Rushed out before Mortal Kombat 11

I wonder why

>dragon armor TigerRanger

When the fuck did that happen

I'm getting FEXL Vibes with the free characters they are offering.

Boom comics.

It was basically released early because publisher wanted returns.

But it's a nice base there padding now with content. By year's end will be solid fighter

>but still gives me a reason to enjoy it.
I didn't say you shouldn't, just being realistic about it. I think of it like that Sailor Moon fighter people have become obsessed with lately. It's a weird entertaining oddity, but with stuff like this I always worry that people start to over hype and push it too hard. It doesn't need to be a solid fighter that everyone should be playing, which would likely just result in the devs making it more bland because most can't handle the stupidity. Let the devs make the weird broken official fangame and then have them move on. Would probably be better for it that going deep on making a serious game.

Everyone like where do these characters come from couldn't spend a second reading premise of game.

The entire game is an adaptation of the recent battle for the grid comic arc. About a evil Tommy whose taking over the entire ranger multiverse. The game is based around the comics NOT the show people

>more comicsshit

>Look at the mobile game, Legacy Wars
>Chargeable lariat that guard breaks
>Counter
>Rapid punches
>Electric burst around him
>also a mine for good measure
So he's a heavy brawler, cool

Hell the trailer leaked around the same time MK11 did it's thing so something wrong is going on over there. Game is fun though

Udonna/MagiMother is from Mystic Force/Magiranger.

Attached: MagiMom.webm (640x480, 2.79M)

only the comics did that because >>>>comics

american adaptation is fine

OG Yellow Ranger in Zord Armor

Attached: MMPR_Yellow_Ranger_Black_Dragon_Armor.jpg (517x637, 66K)

RPM was the best

I haven't watched the series since Lost Galaxy ( Leo is GOAT). How did they manage to do Gokaiger? Aren't they missing a ton of teams in the US versions or did they eventually use them all?

>How come American adaptations always make stuff "gritty" and take it so seriously
You haven't watched a lot of sentai have you?
>For fuck's sake they're wearing dinosaur outfits
Did you only watch MMPR?

They did a shitty half season that only a handful of past rangers appeared till the finale and the pre-Zyu teams just appeared as "New Powers"

That's the mobile game, tenderfoot.

They only used the ones seen in PR plus Maskman for some reason and I can't remember if Dairanger was seen as well. They did their own take of the Legendary War with essentially all new footage and they flew in a bunch of legacy rangers for the fight (At the last minute, Lost Galaxy Red was pissed because it meant having to close down his law firm for a while at the drop of a hat). Saban also half-assed everything about the invites, they had to pay for either the plane or the hotel they stayed at, I can't remember which, they were only in a short amount of scenes, and if I remember right you only had a scant amount of rangers returning for the various episodes (Jungle Fury Red I think was one of them because he was a producer I think it was on PR).

It was basically a mismanaged mess.

Attached: Best character.webm (322x362, 151K)

>they put quantum ranger
>he plays like a certain blue swordsman

Why the didn't they just skip it then? I know Gokaiger has top tier suits, but that can't be the only reason.

They wanted to get to Gokaiger as fast as possible but had Goseiger in the way, so they mashed up the two

There were more Pre Zyu rangers surprisingly actually. They had simple explanations for that

post webm cunts

I NEED MORE QUANTUM POWER

Were there? I just remember the Maskman bit blowing up when it happened and then the comic more recently with them. I couldn't stand Troy in Megaforce so I just very quickly skimmed through some things in SMF.

Attached: Power.Rangers.Megaforce.S20E07.Who_s.Crying.Now_.720p.HDTV.h264-OOO.mkv_snapshot_15.10_[2013.04.05_0 (1280x720, 155K)

Dairanger, Fiveman and Changeman were used for sure, I remember them using the Changeman combined attack

Did they use Jetman? I always thought they ere the coolest looking out of all of them.

>presumably make a game that's supposed to cover all of power rangers
>like 90% of the roster is either MMPR or the MMPR-focused comic

Even as a MMPR only game the roster would be bad, why the fuck Zedd isn't in? At least in past MMPR fighting games we got more villains than heroes

I read somewhere the game is basically early access. They rushed it out the door to not get totally ass raped by Burqa Kombat 11.

Which is why they'll keep giving new content updates for free because the games not even finished yet really

Game is utterly garbage and price or what devs wanted or budget is no fucking excuse

With all the american only alternate forms and shit they put in, im annoyed they never bothered to put in the actual american only ranger in this shit.

Attached: B1EYuA_CIAA_WrR.png (599x449, 449K)

It's like Marvel vs Capcom but instead of 40 characters there's only 8/9 out of the 25+ years of Rangers.

Attached: 11.jpg (732x314, 134K)

There are like multiple now with Spirit Rangers and Hyperforce being a thing.

It's alright considering it's $20 but

>Get new Power Rangers fighting game
>It isn't by a known FG developer
>Instead of bringing back cool characters like the Psycho Rangers and the Quantum Ranger they just rip shit from the Tommy circlejerk comic and the 2017 movie.
>HURR DURR WHAT IF TOMMY WUZ DA STRONGEST AND WAS EVIL AGIN.

Who the fuck asked for Mastodon sentry

Biggest flaw is lack of monsters/main villains

>Who the fuck asked for Mastodon sentry
I didn't, but he is a lot of damn fun so I'm not complaining.

Now that this is out of the way how long until Japan releases a Sentai fighting game with the proper attention to detail?

What the fuck are you talking about

At the moment, it's probably worth $10. After story mode, and if they give a second batch of 3 free fighters to bring it up to 15 total; then yeah, I could say it's a decent game for $20.

Considering the only half-decent sentai game was the Jetman game for the NES, never

Never, you'll only ever get shitty arena fighters as your action licensed properties.
Also, Japan probably isn't as nostalgic for old sentai as America is, it's very much a kids thing.

>that opening theme

That too.

Black Ranger proper could have filled the same role near 1:1. Did they forget the axe is also a gun?

Comic + probably needed a fodder character for the story mode but didn't want to use a generic goon.

>Did they forget the axe is also a gun?
>why the fuck I get a gun, just cause I'm black

There's a strong correlation between being an egomaniac and being a complete fucking hack. They like to make sure they take all the credit.
See "A Hideo Kojima game" and "A Spike Lee joint"

absolute Rangerlet here
How diverse are the powersets of different rangers on the same team?
How diverse are the powersets of the same ranger on different teams?
I keep getting confused about green and white, how do the colors fucking work, if at all consistently?

>no putty character where you control a group of them and can send one to grab the enemy like Noob Saibot's shadow

>How diverse are the powersets of different rangers on the same team?
One or two signature weapons per ranger. One or two signature Zords. Some seasons have individual powers for rangers in their civilian identity.
>How diverse are the powersets of the same ranger on different teams?
No correlation between different teams. But red rangers tend to get a sword.
>I keep getting confused about green and white, how do the colors fucking work, if at all consistently?
Colours are largely arbitrary. Most of the seasons work are standalone with some loose ties to the earlier ones.
Seasons 1-6 were presented as a single continuity, though. One guy was a green ranger in seasons 1-2, then switched to white in 2-3 for plot and existing Japanese Sentai footage reasons.

>powers for rangers in their civilian identity
This confuses me but thank you for the rest.
So red, blue, yellow, pink, black is or isn't the default loadout?

Never ever

Nope, I think red and blue are the only colours to be represented each seaon.
When Disney bought the show, they've mandated the characters to use superpowers even for "unmorphed" fight scenes. For example, the first season to do this, Ninja Storm, gave red ranger flight, blue could walk on water and yellow dug underground.

In timeforce some of the team members are mutants and have powers like super strength.

>For fuck's sake they're wearing dinosaur outfits, it was designed with a sense of humour in mind.
Jetman had people dressed as birds and had the most kino ending in Sentai

>they've mandated the characters to use superpowers even for "unmorphed" fight scenes
That's some Beetleborgs shit right there.

>still no RJ
>Udonna instead of Solaris Knight

Attached: 6593236-4706882008-5a62f.jpg (552x399, 42K)

>no Carter or Ryan
>no Jen or Eric
>no Kruger
>no RJ
>no Dillon or Ziggy

Attached: 1471105287639.png (247x200, 66K)

I hope they add the Wolf dude from Jungle Fury and the White ranger from Dino Thunder.

>kid game
>kid console
>kid intellectual property
idk, you tell me

Attached: hellnaw.jpg (299x299, 9K)

I feel like Trent would be too similar to Lord Drakkon designwise, shame because he has cool looking moves

>no Carter
They wanted the game to be somewhat competitive

It's a mixed bag for each season honestly some season will have a small team of 3 or 5 and gain about two extra rangers that show up from time to time. The colors usually don't matter but are usually Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, White, Green, Black,. The colors saved for the ones added later are usually stuff like Gold, Silver, Purple, or a darker shade of one of the ones on the team. The power sets usually don't matter SpD had all the characters have special powers because they were aliens, it all just depends on the setting and lore for that season.

Every season has a red
I wanna say every season has a blue but I might be wrong so let's chalk that up to 95%
Like 90% have a yellow
After that it's a lot fuzzier, green/black and white/pink tend to alternate a lot but that's not a hard and fast rule, for example the current Super Sentai has a green and a black but no yellow.
And then there's the sixth ranger. Generally speaking they'll be gold or silver but white seems to be popular too. Again this isn't a hard rule, for example in ToQger the sixth was orange and obviously in Zyuranger/MMPR it was green.
Occasionally you'll have some oddball colors thrown in like a purple or an orange but that's what most season's color schemes boil down to.
pic related is every team through Gokaiger just as a reference, though it doesn't include most of the sixth rangers.

Attached: 1297655520624.jpg (1753x1200, 1.17M)

Attached: ssc.png (1979x795, 384K)

The one with the hair on the helmet will always make me laugh.

>You haven't watched a lot of sentai have you?

>Engine Sentai Go-onger is almost a parody series, while RPM takes place in a post apocalypse world, and takes it self seriously 90% of the time

Why are there two teams of 11 and 12 people?

Power Rangers itself is shit so obviously the game is too.

Pretty based taste. Add Cameron from Ninja Storm and Trent from Dino Thunder.

More toys

toys

is that a fucking constellation themed team third from the right?
dope

Is Drakko using white ranger powers?

I get the meta reason, but why do they need so many people? Do they still get in in one giant robot? Do they gang up on a single monster like some sort of bully?

Kyoryuger was kinda weird. It's mainly a 5-man team with the usual sixth. Purple and Silver were pretty relevant in the last third I guess. Cyan and Grey were basically just mentors giving them powerups in one or two episodes though their powers got passed down to new people and they helped in the final fight and the dark blue one was a movie thing.

Didn't watch Kyuranger so I couldn't tell you but it was definitely one of those experimental seasons where they're trying new stuff (mainly to sell toys), same with Lupinranger vs Patranger, the second to last one on that list. The reason there's two reds is because it's actually two teams of 3.

in Kyuranger's case it's because the villain won before the series started, their mission is taking the universe back from it

Rangers are much like Stormtroopers in that the more there are, the weaker they are.

Its time.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dzi8T0aGXWU

I will never forgive Megaforce for not giving us this same level of love.

Attached: 1521950550654.gif (224x166, 2.89M)

That's pretty rad. I should get to watching some toku one day. I have the /m/ rec list for a while now.

I just hope Power Rangers last until we get this. Considering Hasbro just bought them, and are ending "The show that must not be named" they're probably going to stick with it for a while. Worst comes to worse, Bandai will probably front most of the money if Power Rangers run out of Sentai to adapt.

Attached: Lupinranger_VS_Patranger_Promo_Poster.jpg (394x473, 47K)

It must be neat being a suit actor.

Default Drakkon combines green and white MMPR powers. As the comics plot goes on, he tries to absorb one power from each team in the entire continuity.

Fuck I still miss them.

Attached: 1553553521207.png (800x450, 671K)

It would be a shitty arena fighter ala-Kamen Rider nowdays. You have to put the idea into Bandai's mind a year ago to actually get a game you'd want.

>Sun Vulcan had 3 people
>won most of their battles with little to no problem
>meanwhile 5 people teams get their ass kicked during the first half of the episode
You might be into something

Gokaiger was my first sentai and while I don't get nostalgic for it that often, when it hits it hits really goddamn hard. I remember during that tournament miniseries when the battle theme for it started playing in the final episode I almost started tearing up.

Seems like it'd be hell when doing regular stunts (someone post that one Faiz image) or any number of horror stories involving stage show actors that I'm not gonna recount here, but in the end stuff like this would make it worth it.

Wow, those range from amazing to awful. What is their theme even?

Guest character when?

Attached: SuperNinjaSteel-Episode_14.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

>What is their theme even?
Constellations i think?

Suit designs haven't been good for some time.

Did they seriously adapt the Jiraiya episode?

Zodiac-themed. Well, more like constellations in general. All but one of them are aliens, IIRC.

>Console fighting game backed by multibillionaire Hasbro with combat supervised by Justing Wong has lower production values than a game made by horse fans based on their own IP

powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Sheriff_Skyfire

>hey, boss, how many constellations are there?
>>twelve, why?
>fuck, we ran out of colors at eleven...
>>uh, just use orange? we never fucking use that
>we already used orange, purple too
>>how about cyan? we fucking never use cyan
>nope, already used up cyan too
>>and you tried all the base colors? red, black, yellow, blue, wh-
>that's it! a SECOND red one! thanks boss

Ok show me a tag based fighter that's considered solid

Well color me surprised.

Maybe they won't ignore the Gavan 2-parter in BM after all, despite it just being a movie ad.

You tell me

Attached: 41dZAijEtjL._AC_SY400_.jpg (212x400, 11K)

Having two of the same color isn't anything new. Remember the Quantum Ranger?

>use the garbage 3v3 format
yes its trash

The game being low budget just shows how true to the series it is.

I hate the team based fighter meme.

How are the comics? Shattered Grid sounded dope.

> Steve Cardenas looks the same as he did in the 90s
> basically led the alumni Rangers in the last anniversary special
Finally, something goes right for him

>a group of assorted human aliens, a little kid, a robot waifu, a dragon alien and a emo dog teenager

Attached: 1491182766518.jpg (768x820, 110K)

Attached: s_h_figuarts_kamen_rider_black_rx_by_decadroid8-d8yejtv.jpg (781x1023, 75K)

Still a rangerlet, sorry.

I can never remember his actor's name but the black black ranger was always the coolest dude.

>We won't have Eric and Adam together in the same game
>We'll never have a jap crossover fighter between Kamen Rider, Sentai and Metal Heroes, so we can't have Time Fire(Quantum), Mastodom and B-Fighter Yamma in the same team.

Attached: 1544388285411.jpg (516x536, 20K)

Lucky (Red leader) got an upgrade that fixed that last one up. God I love this suit.

Attached: kyu30-(1011).jpg (1440x810, 337K)

I wonder if they will adapt Juspion if the Brazilian series and movie get made

>Well-coordinated and heavily practiced Jark Matter beaten by a rag-tag group of power rangers run by a furry red and a robot with 140 ping

>thought Kotaro was gonna be an annoying little shit
>he ends up being a solid character

Attached: 17951720_1622080617821608_7649780101435400176_n.jpg (626x401, 59K)

>Dante... I'm already a demon
>You were always a demon
>STOP RUINING MY MOMENT, DANTE!

Attached: 1552086339941.jpg (303x272, 14K)

That dinosaur costume in Japan is from the same season where it repeatedly makes weird comments like that God is a robot-dinosaur and also a huge asshole, and the green ranger dies a horrible and slow death instead of getting bullshit excuses into a new costume.

>toy sales are doing so poorly they had to resort to using dinosaur theme sooner than usual
Do we panic?

Attached: 1515194600908.png (460x550, 28K)

At least we're getting the best mecha battles in forever out of it.

Attached: 1553573146145.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

I wish there was an RPG power rangers game

He needs to be in.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

There's some incredibly credible rumors that if Ryusoulger underperforms then Sentai's done. So yeah if you really care about Super Sentai now's the time to raid Amiami or wherever your preferred seller is.

It's power rangers. I makes sense.

IMAGINE your franchise being on the brink of destruction. At worse it'll be on the bench for 3-5 years until they try again.

Attached: Decade_stare.png (302x225, 75K)

>The robots are fighting like people instead of heavy ass stiff machines
I mean, it doesn't make sense, but I've wanted to see shit like this in Sentai/Rangers for a while now. All awkwardly lumbering around with wild arc, slow, and retardedly telegraphed punches was getting old real fast.

Did you watch GoBusters? It easily had the best mech fights in years.

>things are looking grim for sentai
>meanwhile KR is grooving to the max

Attached: 1552523921311.png (1568x742, 1.89M)

The robots are also part mechanized dinosaurs. It doesn't have to make sense.
Also Super Robots, buddy. Most of them are like that.

>Power Rangers

Attached: 1546711246192.jpg (456x810, 27K)

Feels bad man. Feels incredibly bad but at the very least we have the Kamen Rider Climax series.

Attached: 1539938827439.jpg (1000x1006, 160K)

Outfit has nothing to do with how serious or not super sentai/tokusatsu is. Some had considerably mature and dark themes despite the protagonists wearing the most ridiculous costumes.

Yes, but only up until receiving the combiner clusterfucks. Ace fights were easily the best, though.
Ryusoulger might get some messy combinations later but hopefully with there being a newer suit actor inside them it would keep at least 70% of the mobility it has now.

Attached: Aced.webm (854x480, 2.69M)

There has never been a tag based fighter that's solid nor honest. I would argue the bullshit and glitches are what makes tag based fighters appealing. Shit like MvC2, UMVC3 are considered the pinnacle of the subgenre and they are far and away """"solid.""""

Saban is still a creative consultant, so he still gets to say what the franchise does. The only difference is that he can now be vetoed by Hasbro.

Is sentai worth watching if I'm someone who's very familiar with Power Rangers but doesn't give a shit about recent series, and if so which should I watch?

Sentai has always been better than Power Rangers, fuckin watch any of them they're all better than what jew Saban does to them

Attached: [G.U.I.S.]Choujuu_Sentai_Liveman_15[298DB15A].avi_snapshot_02.50_[2013.05.26_16.59.15].jpg (640x480, 21K)

Ryusoulger just started so it's pretty low-investment compared to picking up a completed series. If you don't enjoy it you can drop out at any time.

I dunno what the general consensus for best seasons are but personal favorites are Shinkenger and ToQger. Pretty radically different seasons in theme and tone though.

My favorite is Shinkenger.

Attached: snapshot20110330122829.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Is Tommy in the game and does he go "HUT-SIC-EYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" everytime he attacks?

Attached: jason david frank white and green.jpg (594x388, 76K)

RPM will always be better than Go-onger, and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Is sentai worth watching if I'm someone who's very familiar with Power Rangers
Yes
>and if so which should I watch
Depends
If you're looking for post-00's I'd say Abaranger, ToQger, Shinkenger among others
Pre-00's: Megaranger, Carranger, Jetman

I'm pretty sure there's at least three Tommys in this game

I know this shit is american version Power Rangers, but where's my Dekamaster? They put in Katt, but not the fucking Shadow Ranger? C'mon, if they wanted more female represantation, look no further than Time Force, it's got two of the best girl rangers in Jen and Katie. Like, fuck, Jen is the goat female ranger, she was essentially the leader and would fuck you up harder than all other time rangers combined.

But I guess they need to shove the comic rangers into the game.

Attached: JenScotts.jpg (1200x815, 150K)

That shit has cross-platform play? How is it?

action boy now
action girl now

>Garo

Considering he is easily one of the most popular non MMPR characters I bet on paid DLC

Attached: Crystal Pepis.png (960x1270, 2.26M)

>they specifically told JDF to stop his EYAAA in Dino Thunder

Attached: Angry_dwarf.jpg (551x423, 54K)

Whats so bad about the comics?

what the fuck why

>ending "the show that must not be named"
I-is Sentai doing poorly? I've been thinking about getting back into Kamen Rider and I don't want to find out it's cancelled forever :(

why should Sentai effect you watching Kamen Rider?

I think we'll ahve to wait until all versions are out I guess. The game has a fucked release schedule, first on Xbox and Switch, then PS4 on Europe, then PS4 on USA, and then PC vesion.

Has there EVER been a single good game based on a tokusatsu?

Attached: SeinfeldSMALL.jpg (802x1001, 107K)

Which sentai shows do you fags recommend?

Attached: Storage_Silver_Hard_Case.jpg (4351x2458, 1.04M)

waiting for the pc version sadly. dunno why the game is taking so long. also it;s obvious there releasing the characters as free dlc now so i guess they wanted to get out before MK11 destroys fighting game season for them,.

>I don't want to find out it's cancelled forever :(
Toei is not that retarded, they'll probably give it a few years break and then make a new season

The MMPR SNES games are good

>the show that must not be named
I was talking about the pony show, it's on it's last season.

Ninninger

Attached: Joseph-stalin-smiling.jpg (344x400, 28K)

Ultraman has several good games in the Fighting Evolution series

Attached: 152401850444.webm (934x702, 2.65M)

who's zord?

Because of your image I really can't tell if you're serious or being ironic but I'll download it.

Dont, it's boring unless you watch it for the girls

All the Battride War games for Kamen Rider are amazing if you like Musou games, or even just Kamen Rider in general. The attention to detail in regards to abilities and shit is radical.

is the Lupin one that a user posted at the start of this thread any good?

to be fair with the flipped assets and all, they can easily keep supporting the game with ranger season passes. they have as many as a roster from legacy wars, and then just "borrow" move sets from other games. clock work isnt gonna let the game just die.

>He never played Pipeworks Godzilla

Attached: gsdx_20161013110651.jpg (640x494, 85K)

They had one of the best sound offs ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=CC3TFnu_wEc

The PSP/Wii Kamen Rider Climax Heroes games are good.

It has a good start but it falls apart about twenty episodes on, the 6th member inclusion only makes things worse
If you want a good recent season watch ToQger or Zyouhger

>Cause this is where the main playerbase is for most fighters
l o l

Best/worst case scenario Bandai will license out Kamen Rider to be adapted for the west again.

Add some voice clips from the show for fuck same also add down special for each character

>Look up pic
>They're making a PR movie with a ton of old actors this year
Fucking based. I haven't watched american PR since SPD, which seasons after that are worth it? I hear RPM is decent.

Thanks, user. Gonna download these+Lupin and Kamen Rider Amazons I don't remember why I downloaded that one ages ago though I only watched the first episode and liked. My backlog has increased a fuckton but whatever

Attached: anime guy.jpg (425x319, 28K)

Kamen Rider SNES

Attached: 20090215154040.gif (356x310, 482K)

I've heard so much shit about Tommy's actor it's not even funny. His huge ego, his demands during cons, how he's obsessed with the fact that he's Tommy. And Saban just keeps stroking his ego so of course they'll base a whole comic around him. It's sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_cLPgReLYM

I hope they make it in.
youtu.be/Sn5-UEG2q7g
youtu.be/rWc4lOVlgLQ

they thought he was swearing

Got any good locations for Battride War roms? I tried to get battride war 2 but only found a wii u rom and fucked up somewhere in extracting it I guess? It might've been for a Wii U CFW.
Also would you reccomend Climax Scramble Zi-O or Climax Fighters on PS4

Obsessed retard

>Masked Rider pissed Toei off so much, that even a decade later, they we're hesitate to okay Dragon Knight
>While a critical success, Dragon Knight was a commercial flop
I don't think they'll try that again.
I haven't watched too much Sentai, but from what I've seen Kamen Rider has the suit actors interact with the non suits way more, which would lead into the need for more original footage, and that's a big no because part of Power Rangers' appeal to the companies who make it is how cheap it is.

>they we're
I meant Toei was, I don't know why I had a Brian fart like that.

Definitely watch Jungle Fury, RPM, and Dino Charge. Beast Morphers, the latest entry is also off to a good start.
Mystic Force and Ninja Steel are a maybe. They aren't really bad but not as good as the ones above. They have some pretty glaring flaws but can be an enjoyable watch. I mean Mystic Force has one of my favorite Yellow Rangers.
Operation Overdrive was a special kind of bad but fuck anyone who says the OP is bad. Its a guilty pleasure of mine.
>2019
>watching Samurai: the tale of our lord and savior Jaden Shiba
No.
Avoid Mega Force unless you want to know what it feels like to watch something you enjoy shit on

LuPat is dogshit

If you want a good sentai watch Shinkenger.

Not that I know of, unfortunately. I imported like a good goyim.

And Zi-O is better than the original in every way. EVERY way. It's a fun, if shallow, game and Zi-O adds an actual dedicated story mode with unlocks and upgrades and shit. The ONLY thing that the OG has over Zi-O is the addition of Black because of the anniversary of his series. But that's largely personal preference. He's my favorite classic Rider, so it was big for me, but when I got Zi-O the other new Riders were nice too. The gameplay is akin to Gundam Versus but a bit more barebones.

I can't speak to the Zi-O version but I really hated the original Climax Fighters. I just want another Battride War with Build and Ex-Aid in it. Those games aren't amazing but at least they're fucking fun.

I wouldn't say it's bad, it just is tremendously lopsided.

Who’s the golden Dekaranger?

>Lupinranger vs Patranger,
is it good? i've been wanting to get into toku, and I want some stuff to watch, all I have right now is kamen rider buld
witch I like

Damn. Thanks for th heads up

See

Those helmets are great. But Taurus aside, all those outfit are hideous.

How’s it better gameplay wise

I've been planning to make Climax Scramble my first japanese game I buy. Gonna be grabbing cards off playasia this weekend to grab it on eshop. No idea who I'll main but likely Cross-Z and Build.

LuPat isn't bad but fuck its so formulaic on top of being bare to the point that you feel like you're riding a carousel of whos turn it is to have the episode centered around. And it really s a damn shame because the concept is pretty good.

His name is Walter Emanuel Jones

They're also good games, unlike this.

Anyone with time manipulation is busted. Kabuto, Faiz, etc.

They rebalanced some stuff and added some different control options. I'm not at the game right now so I can't list them off, but some of them helped.

>THREE
>TOMMIES

Attached: 1547781769024.png (620x550, 168K)

Black Dino Thunder Ranger DLC when?

No Mesogog, no buy

Attached: power-rangers-dinothunder-episode-38-thunder-struck-part-ii.jpg (640x480, 19K)

Yes, just like the show.

Attached: Jaspion.jpg (300x216, 13K)

when.

Attached: Robo_Knight.jpg (300x200, 14K)

I need to finish Gaim and get to moving onto other series. So far I've watched Build, Ex-Aid and Fourze in full and close to finishing Gaim. Drive is up next.

IWAE!

The worst part is that Hasbro is probably going to continue the trend.

True.

5 Gokus

Drive is pretty fuckin' good. I think the golden age of Kamen Rider was early Heisei era Riders. Kuuga through to Decade. Before and after are also good, but something about that era is perfect to me. It was before the special effects were so over the top but they also weren't practical. Series like Kuuga, Faiz, and Kabuto also had god tier writing. And the abilities were all fairly unique. Most stuff now seems to either be another Decade or "how many forms can we give him?"

I genuinely enjoy Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue for GBC.

he was created for the western adaptation, right?

i almost feel like power rangers was better when disney had the rights, even though people generally hated that.
looking at it now, nickelodeon has done a pretty shitty job so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=8AS-8wsledg Bad game but godlike character select theme.

she is definetelly getting in right.

;-;

Attached: Mega-vi-nejipink.jpg (919x1600, 125K)

the game is so low budget, they just have generic grunts here and there.
characters dont even talk.

I remember me and my friends always joked that he said "HOT SEAT!" every time he fought.

This.
Showa and early heisei were just perfect, there was always a balance between telling a story/ making a hero and selling toys. Nu-rider is going full toy selling.

Yeah, he was created for the American version. The villain in the Japanese version is Creative Messenger Mikela and Visionary Messenger Voffa .

Post cool power rangers music (fun beat em up btw)

youtu.be/u6k5fONDf-w

youtu.be/zgRV7gEz5T0

Attached: 4bdc6ecbbc0735abf74e8ca5a21c4066[1].jpg (1080x1350, 284K)

She's Dekagold from Dekaranger VS Magiranger. The suit only appeared in a flashback, lasting only seconds after transforming only to get shot out of the transformation immediately.

Attached: Deka-rg-dekagold.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

are the really old stuff worth watching? i didnt really start watching the super sentai stuff until gokaiger was a thing.

It is if you're not a subhuman zoomer.

Attached: 1405644719557.webm (640x480, 1.77M)

Tried watching one of the Neo-Saban Era Power Rangers shows once, but fucking heck, why they are so souless? Everything from camera work to the fight choreography are so bland.

>are the really old stuff worth watching?
Yes, Liveman and Bioman are pretty good

no ninjor???

I really wish that the Zords were playable somehow. Have them be miniaturized thanks to evil magic or something. Beating up the Rangers with their own Zords would be awesome.

Attached: Jurassic World ending circa 1993.gif (240x178, 463K)

Shut the fuck up you zoomer pussy. Let cool things be cool. Not everything has to be a joke in and of itself, and power rangers was never a comedy. You fucking loser.

I'd of been fine with just a Zord vs Zord mode.

>zoomer
nope. i was already 10 when power rangers first premiered.

I'd rather pay 20 bucks for a re-release of the SNES zord fighting game than BftG

He's in Legacy Wars so there's a chance

That’s because doing go onger’s adaption over here as a parody aswell would’ve tanked just like turbo pretty much did

Only 2 Tommys atm moment but yea

Aye, kyuranger

Are the Kamen Rider Kabuto, Blade, 555 and Hibiki PS2 games good?

And RPM was amazing, hell, some say better than GoOnger. Bur that doesn't erase the fact that there's just as much dark sentai than there is humorous ones, if not more.

wtf is this? Looks rad, is it like a power armor zord?

Early Heisei Riders is pretty hit-or-miss. Kuuga and Agito is pretty good, writing wise. Ryuki and Kabuto is so-so. Faiz is an angsty mess. Some recent KR did much with sticking to its theme.
Ex-aid for doctor, video games and the different values of life in vidya and real life.
Build felt like a Gundam show with its war theme, science and how inventions can be used for bad and good things.

Only played the Kabuto and Faiz games, but yes, they were pretty competent games from what I remember.

They needed a Wolverine function. But also Kat is SPD best girl anyway so win win

Attached: 9cd72c235b84f818ec32b9b6612050d8148a5c44r1-640-480v2_hq.jpg (640x480, 47K)

Was her forehead aways this large? Aways had a cruch on her and seens like I still do, though, giant forehead or not

Which Battride War had EVERY Rider ever? The last one?

It's the husk of a reconstructed Dragon Zord.

Genesis probably

Genesis is the one with the Showa riders

Any roms for Battride Genesis?

I dunno dude I got my copy on playasia. Think that one's PS4 and maybe Vita. If you do find one though make sure it's the TV movie sound version.

dont you mean ISO?

Yeah I mean ISO. I just call everything roms.

Never played the Hibiki one, but Kabuto was the best out of those other PS2 games listed.

Kabuto was fucking great.

>Time Force
Based, Time Force was one of the best seasons and Jen could easily be in the game. But it feels like they're picking really random shit as playable characters. Might as well add the trash loving alien guy from SPD too.

I quit watching Kamen Rider during Wizard since it bored me to tears but enjoyed Gaim. Are the seasons after those any good? I heard Ghost is shit.

Genesis and you could play as Rider 1 untransformed, the only character who got that distinction out of the whole roster

Attached: DbN2vDVU8AAoHHa.jpg (682x1024, 88K)

Hey this game is pretty fu-
>low block doesn’t block crouching attacks
Never mind it’s shit

no need for transforming

Attached: segata.jpg (484x667, 49K)

I'll have to grab the isos and try them out. I already got a PS2 emulator just for the the Ultraman fighting games

I'm honestly still amazed that the first Kamen Rider was also Segata.

udonna is one hell of a left field pick what

yeah too bad zoomers don't know who either of those characters are
youtube.com/watch?v=ge_GUxaxDgs

*blocks your path*

Attached: Carter_Grayson_Battlizer.jpg (850x640, 236K)

This. Kamen Rider tends to be the one they give nostalgia love to with the CSM belts but you don't really see stuff like that from the Sentai side of things.

I get that this was a low budget game, but it really suffers from pure laziness. The fighting just isn't fun because of the massive amount of little nuances that are missing that you take for granted in other fighting games.

You mean like crouch blocking?

It'll be dead UNTIL CARTER AND TITANIUM RANGER ARE IN

Drive's great, Ghost sucks ass, Ex-Aid is good, Build is great

What?
The first Kamen rider from like the 60's?

It's funny to watch, but even funnier to think of two guys dressed up as robot dinosaurs drunkenly flailing as each other with probably a pinhole worth of eye hole to see out of

Marvel pro players just aren't cut for creating fighting games, it ends in disaster every time

early 70s

So anywhere good to watch/download the episodes for the first Kamen Rider?

slayed

Attached: bara.png (1366x768, 899K)

SHIT-YAAAAA

They might have a point I used to say that all the time when I was a kid

She is in one image of the artbook, dunno why she isn't in game

Carter not being here is a crime.
>Ask if Carter is gonna come soon
>NWay guy says 'Who is Carter? Haven't kept up with my lore recently."
Not knowing his name is an offense. But seriously, they're mostly known for a power rangers game and they don't know CARTER?

Hope he comes in and voices.

How is my husbando Goldar?

He's a big guy.

>The crowd reaction after he transforms

Attached: 1528577001135.jpg (320x266, 10K)

She's got a bow so she qualifies for a costume on the Ranger Slayer

How does the Switch version compare to the other versions at this point? I'm on the fence for which system to buy for, since I heard the Switch version gets a bit choppy when too much action goes on, but I never really seen that happen on any of the early streams of the game.

Hi, Scorpina.

the stunt guy for engine bro in kamen rider build died from a stunt accident, it was pretty sad

I hope she gets in

there is one sub group that has handled it for awhile but they arent finished yet. no idea if they are continuing or not the rider sub groups are pretty fickle

This dude always reminded me mad of Desaan from Jedi Outcast

>tfw Power Rangers not only cut his romantic subplot with her but also the fact they had a baby

Attached: 1502552737676.jpg (1603x927, 301K)

That would have been way better than Ranger vs Ranger.

Way more variety. And the SNES Zord fighter was fun.

Watching Fillipinos seething is always funny.

Imagine actually being an adult who watches this shit and wants to play games about it, when you could be playing Sekiro.

Is it necessary to watch both versions of the same season?, i'm referring that american and japonese versions are different, but curious how much.

It held very well since it had shit that would only turn standard later on like dashing and EX Moves

Post good shows then.

How about something above a kindergarten level.

Imagine actually playing Fromshit

Post good shows then.

Is it just a boring fighting game? I was kinda hoping for more of an adventure game, maybe even an RPG

sometimes they're wildly different and sometimes power rangers just poorly copies the sentai plot

>sometimes power rangers just poorly copies the sentai plot
Neo Saban in one phrase

At least Hyperforce brought her back and gave her a bigger role this time.

They have a Zord mode in Legacy Wars so its likely they might implement it later besides just having the Zord Assists

It's sadly suffering the problem a lot of small budget fighting game get: Great mechanics but very little on terms of content.

Getting FGC people to work on the mechanics was a good thing but just like Skullgirls, there just aren't enough characters and variety so it loses interest quickly.

This is specially bad when you have an IP like Power Rangers with its loads and loads of characters. It's not the devs fault, they probably had to make due with what they were given.

God, I hope they get in sometime in the future.

Attached: 147fe8602b24e3f124e5f8aae999836b.jpg (706x552, 87K)

Allegedly, the contract they have with the Sentai people at the time stated that they were not allowed to skip series so they were forced to deal with Goseiger.

They were in Legacy Wars day one so its possible.

And MK11 probably forced them in a position so throw it out the door as well. I pity them as well

who are these guys?

Well then I wouldn't play Carter! And he's GOAT

Attached: tumblr_oe8udylcgw1qkzb67o1_250.gif (250x188, 1.12M)

Imagine Carter getting in as the weapons specialist fighter
> permarmed with Rescue Blaster
> sometimes busts out the Freeze Blaster for specials
> V-Lancer for heavy attacks
> Battle Booster for ground attacks
> Rescue Bird super finishers

Psycho rangers.

I checked the wikia page and wow, carter has a ton of weapons.

More like Billy, I want Daddy Goldar to wreck my ass.

Yeah she'd be cool. Or Nadira or Ransik.
And you gotta have Zedd
Maybe Zen Aku?

I understand you gotta have ranger but more monsters would be cool too

I'd pick Titanium Ranger instead for the Yea Forumsisor

Is Udonna an Israeli Ranger?

so is like kingdom hearts chain of memories but you have to build points to use them?

I saw a tourney of it and it looked like jank but also pretty fun. It's out on Switch now but the PS version is coming next week IIRC. Once that version drops it'll be interesting to see pros really get into it with sticks. Even intermediate players can do some crazy shit on the Switch version with the shitty joycons/GC controllers.

The Psycho Rangers, pretty much THE gold standard of evil Power Rangers.

Is Hyperforce worth a watch? I"ve never been interested in watching other people play DnD but they seem to be having fun with Hyperforce.

>Mystic Force representation
Huh, neat. Don't know what the fuck the others are though.

seems fun enough to pick up in a sale

Left is upgraded Trini from the expanded comics plot, right is the Blue Ranger from the 2017 movie

in the comics the yellow ranger wears the dismantled husk of a megazord as armor.

the blue ranger is the one from the recent theatrical movie

Honestly he'd feel a bit too similar to Magna Defender both visually and gameplay-wise. If we get a Solaris Knight color scheme for him I'd be happy. We need more alt colors in general though. You'd think there'd be more since that's the easiest shit to do.

Pick a more based choice for a new villain character
Protip: you can't

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x266, 23K)

It's fun jank even if you can make people rage quit by infiniting KO'd characters

You shouldn't cry if Sentai tanks this year. Shit has been going on since the 1970s, making this the most rehashed thing in the world. It could use a break, we've seen it all at this point.

He was the robot, right?

He's apparently the best character in the game, but seems like it's only because of his jank hitboxes so one patch could send him down to bottom tier.

From what I've seen on stream the Switch version has longer load times between matches, but the matches themselves play fine, even when it's a clusterfuck.

Did they have unique weapons or is the only difference their color? If it's the latter they could just make "Psycho Ranger" the character and have their colors just be different color choices.

thats Mack, from Operation Overdrive.

Carter is the Red from Lightspeed Rescue, arguably, one of the most badass Reds.

It's a mobile game with no real input, so yes.

>Carter becomes the Dante of Power Rangers
I'm fine with this

OperOver was so fucking awful

Zyuranger in the NES is a good game too

Okay, not gonna lie. Thinking back. He was so based.

Why am I getting hit by overhead attacks all the time? I never play fighters but I thought a standing block worked on overheads.

which series were they from again? the only evil rangers I can recall were special new members like the green or white from dino thunder.

also those super cheap american ones made from rags

Apparently first day online blocking low didn't work. That's not what you're describing but maybe there's other stupid glitches.

They are from Power ranger in Space.

Attached: 1552533935291.jpg (1200x800, 124K)

are those the rangers that met the TMNT?
never watched that series

yep.

Lightspeed Rescue had a bit of a SMT-like plot, so yeah I'm okay with that.

so Lightspeed Rescue is better than KyuKyu Sentai GoGoFive?

Is Trini in the game lads?

Attached: confused_lolibaba.png (498x685, 346K)

Did this game ever get a translation patch?

They're both really good and both had badass Reds.

She's literally getting in as Free DLC, user as her comics form.

>quick we need to rush out the game so it can compete with mortal kombat or something
Did they look at how MvCI is dead these days? Take some time to polish the product, goddamn.

twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1113519842064310272

This if only because I know if SPD red gets in, he won’t be a gunslinger like Dekared was.

Ninja Storm was so fucking comfy.

>still thinking it's coming out this year
wew lad, I'm surprised she hasn't taken the money and run at this point

I just noticed, the GoGoFive team is actually a family rather than multiple different people.

They had Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive though, arguably the two worst series in the entire run. Everything else was good though. There was less average than there was under OG Saban.

I just want the plain yellow suit tho

This.

Game feels very snappy. It feels good to press buttons. It feels like MvC3 with a crazy small budget. Every character feels much different from each other. Also, surprisingly solid as fuck net code.

I hope they are able to continue to work on it and add more content for the next couple months because I would totally support this moving forward. Im having more fun playing this garbo fighter than I was playing MK11 last weekend honestly.

Specially since it seems to be based on Shattered Grid/Beyond the Grid from the comics. Should have launched with Jen and Lauren.

Yeah the release date is stupid. Not to mention the fact that the PC release is like 2 months away. Just do it all in one go, especially since crossplay is a big selling point.

You could have Carter unmorphed and give him a rock and he'd still find a way to win.

The funny thing is. Some of the better ranger seasons are when the full Ranger team are adults. It's something that the new seasons haven't had because Saban was trying to cater to the Nickelodeon crowd by using teenagers.

Doctor K was cutie

Attached: Dr._K.jpg (604x401, 94K)

Shit mother fucker. Them are some solid picks. Just give me Blue Centurion, Ninjor, and Phantom Ranger though

The burrito ranger makes it too cringy for me to watch, make of that what you will.

I liked Mystic Force... Though that may have been primarily because of how aesthetic the costumes were. I don't actually remember much of the story. I also liked how everyone's default sidearm was a broadsword, instead of a blaster.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x768, 321K)

>How come American adaptations always make stuff "gritty" and take it so seriously
This has pretty much ruined the comedy genre. Movies like Blazing Saddles would be impossible today -- not because of the content, but because the content couldn't be delivered in the same light, wistful way that made you not take it seriously. There's so many quality comedies from the 70's and 80s that would never survive this forced-dramatization.

Literally impossible to hate

Attached: I-love-Lothor-title-card-800x603.jpg (800x603, 62K)

I watched Power Rangers a kid. That would be around 1994? Looking back, it's pretty funny how the black guy was the black ranger, and the asian girl was the yellow range. typical white guy was the white ranger. That should would get someone lynched if it happened today.

They looked cool, but the entire series was a total mess. Granted, it got even worse with OO, but it didn't help that everyone in MF was unlikeable except Maddie and Xander every now and then.

Too bad. You get a bad ass Trini instead. RIP.

Attached: IMG_20190404_182713.jpg (928x569, 93K)

Its fun, and when it gets serious it good but user here is right Chloe's running gag can get annoying, but if you can manage, it's pretty good and the best damn season in the Neo Saban era. It is pretty good except Chloe, though the ending hopefully can change her in a season 2,if there is a season 2.