Better than World of Light

Better than World of Light

Attached: Subspace_Emissary_Logo.jpg (410x160, 29K)

>has co-op

indeed it is.

Yeah i agree, at least it has a plot

Agreed.

One thing I never understood is why stamina wasn't used over percentage. Wouldn't it make more sense for a gamemode entirely based around platforming?

anything is better than WoL, jesus christ it's so fucking padded

The cutscenes are amazing, shame theyll never do it again cause people were in a "REEE FIGHTING GAMES SHOULDNT HAVE STORY" mindset at the time

Spirits are more fun and despite having no plot or variance I prefer just having battles than really badly placed platforming levels. Also the World of Dark sub levels are kino.

The biggest flaws of Subspace Emissary are the utterly generic enviroments (which don't line up between the levels and the cutscenes) and almost complete lack of non-playable characters who aren't original to the mode.

Everyone knows, WoL was just a glorified event match, while Subspace was an epic adventure

Attached: d19rabb-58f6e0c1-b345-4b68-a6af-a27bd7436086.jpg (1138x795, 869K)

World of light is boring as heck

The only issue with SSE is the lack of fun and unique environments based on Nintendo properties, and too many generic enemies even if some had cool designs. The lack of references and "oh shit nice" moments when it comes to representing characters in cutscenes was also unfortunate but not a big deal.

Mix Melee's Adventure Mode + SSE + Smash Run + Perfect character representation (and even potentially text dialogue with different box styles and sound effects to fit with respective series) and you have the best adventure mode.

No actually Sakurai said himself in an interview that he was upset that people would upload the cutscenes online, as he wanted the players to be rewarded for playing the mode to see them.
So to combat this during Sm4sh's early lead up to release they would make short animations and upload them online first. Annoying but at least it's something.

This also is the case for Ultimate although Sakurai finally caved in and put in cutscenes in WoL, but there are like like five (most of them are at the end) and one of which is already on the title screen when you boot it up. But what's incredible is when Mexico got the game early [somehow], they uploaded the last remaining ending cutscenes online. Imagine how mad he must of been seeing that.
So yeah this is why the online is shit.

Smash Run is still better than both

>durff better because i can watch movie

Attached: image.jpg (110x125, 2K)

Attached: 9ef.png (3840x2160, 350K)

Is he autistic?

Literally anything is better than World of Light. No single player at all would've been better than WoL

>muh cutscenes!!!
go watch a movie then, sonygga

>No single player at all would've been better than WoL
That was one of the biggest complaints about Smash 4 though. That it had no equivalent to Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary/World of Light.

I still have not touched world of light, or even spirits mode at all for that matter
there is just no reason to at all in ultimate

this
wish they brought back Smash Run
there was so much more they could do with that mode and was a great alternative to doing another crappy adventure mode you're not gonna go back doing.
online co-op, multiple areas, more enemy variety, and less smash oc.

>a glorified event match
except it failed at being that too
because most event matches were way MORE creative than any of the spirit fights in WoL were

Attached: 1551752881609.png (434x351, 100K)

Smash Run was good nigga
if they didn't do shitty Smash Tour but a bigger version of Smash Run, i'd be content.

I'm not arguing against Smash Run. I want that to return too. I'm just saying that for people who only played the Wii U version back then, it was a big complaint. Not everyone played the 3DS version.

>because most event matches were way MORE creative than any of the spirit fights in WoL were
like what? I thought the Paz spirit battle was clever

Fact

>Picking one character and doing a minigame with it is better than the narrative making you play nearly all of the roster by introducing them one at a time

Smash 3DS sold better than the PiiU version, so i have to disagree.

World of Light is good for what it is. Subspace Emissary was the better story mode, because it actually is a story mode. World of Light has more in common with Adventure Mode in Melee than anything else, and that's fine. I still wish the ending was more rewarding.

It was on a system that more people owned, was cheaper to own and get (both the system and game), and was out longer. I'm not surprised it sold better.

Subspace Emissary was a very boring platformer. I don't know why anyone would want to inflict Brawl mechanics in some sort of bad scrolling platformer with hyper generic enemies and environments. The Nintendo bosses and the cutscenes were cool at least, and Tabuu was a fun final boss that offered some vague threat.

Melee's Adventure mode was much better. Short and sweet, to the point, no clumsy retarded plot or generic enemies, and it didn't forget what it was: a party fighting game.

yes and i wish they expanded on it instead of being one time-limited giant non-linear stage.
i don't care for nomura's godawful writing and Sakurai already ruined it after changing the original lighthearted story to an edgy KH-inspired fanfic.
especially if the gameplay included is more garbage than what they shown cinematically.

Why was Rayquaza in a fucking lake?

because it was fucking cool as heck

Kyogre was having a grill out in undersea

same reason all the fighters are just figurines come to life.

the main things that separate event matches and WoL are variety
these are some of the objectives of event matches across the series
>CPU can only be killed by Pokemon from Poke Balls
>fight against a stage hazard to get more KOs on a Jigglypuff
>Trap two CPUs in eggs as Yoshi at the same time
>get coins on Luigi's Mansion without breaking the stage
>get 7650 with Pac-Man's final smash
>break the entire Wrecking Crew stage
>keep parachuting Game & Watches from landing on the stage
compare this to spirit battles which are just
>kill the enemy
>kill the enemy but they're big
>kill the enemy
>kill the enemy but there's wind
>kill the enemy
>kill the enemy but there's bombs
>kill the enemy
>kill the enemy
>kill the enemy
it might've been fun for like half an hour seeing what references they were making but after that i just stopped caring because of how fucking monotonous it was getting, quality over quantity

Brawl's shitty controls and combat really hold it back, playing it with PM installed is actually quite fun.

>Is Sakurai autistic
What do you think

But you don't get to play as master hand.

Because Gyarados wasn’t relevant enough at that time.

No.

Games are for gameplay, not watching cutscenes I can get on youtube.

But he likes the cutscenes himself. He wished to include them of people didn't upload them

Have you read up on development of these games?
He is.

All asians are autistic.

this is why Smash Run would do so well if it was the basis of Spirits' Adventure Mode, not Smash Tour 2

>inb4 that was a vague galaxy brain reference to LoR

No, it wasn't. WoL isn't particularly good either but Subspace's level design often just doesn't work for the kind of game it is, the platforming in particular is pretty atrocious. If you seriously think Subspace is better I implore you to go back and play it again - the cutscenes really can't save it.

I think the real problem is how Ultimate's event system works
notice how we never gotten a spirit battle with traditional stages or stage morph or how the event should be completed aside KOing people.

my hopes they introduce some new set of spirits where you can do all that stuff in developer-customized stages.

>stage morph
You just reminded.
>Add Stage Morph
>Don't bring back Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
Granted, I don't think people like Mushroomy Kingdom in general, but still feels like a missed opportunity.

Attached: 1523039403618.png (175x189, 31K)