Bloodlines 2 Speculation

CLANS

We have 5 clans to choose from in the base game, down from the 7 in the original. This means they are going to try and make each clan count, stand out, and represent a different way to play. They say as much in this interview.

>"We wanted to pick those clans that deliver a clear player fantasy," says Christian Schlütter, lead producer. "If I'm someone who just likes to punch people in the face, we have a clan for you. If I'm someone that ... in a normal roleplaying game, would play a wizard or something, we also have a clan for that."

My guess.

>Brujah = brawler/melee
>Tremere = ranged magic

The above quote basically confirms this.

>Nosferatu = stealth
>Toreador = Ranged weapons + Social

I don't feel confidant calling a 5th but I suspect it would be either Malkavian, Lasombra or Ventrue. They all have a bit in common, they can be played primarily for social runs. Malk and Lasombra are jacks of all trades when it comes to their disciplines, while Ventrue and Lasombra are the two most patrician or noble.

Attached: 1553756931011.jpg (1200x802, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/au/time-to-speculate-about-vampire-the-masqueradebloodlines-2s-clans/
rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/22/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/
youtube.com/watch?v=6chxuovrbCI
youtube.com/watch?v=DfpCFB-VHhs
youtube.com/watch?v=aQQKKhGobq8
youtube.com/watch?v=0mqmBSGpJXc
youtube.com/watch?v=ulueUlCPjvs
youtube.com/watch?v=SnuMPITjFm8
youtube.com/watch?v=8B6ChV7IpkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Toreador best

Where my Tremere bros at.

If Malk isn't in the game, it's not even VTMB

It will be, the question is will it round out the 5 vanilla clans as a hybrid class or will it be one of the free clan DLCs after the launch.

They are surprisingly underrated. The auspex/celerity combo is formidable not to mention they can just charm their way out of most situations.

Doesn't this come out today?

Attached: 1554321330610.jpg (1482x2047, 658K)

Is he Vandal Cleaver?

Why would it be?

I'm guessing they will discard either Ventrue/Toreador and Brujah/Gangrel.

My bets are Ventrue and Gangrel because of the SJW air permeating the game...

Excellent guesses. The 5th is definitely Ventrue though. No fucking way they would let somebody go Makkavian first run.

5 clans and you expect me to even pirate?

Attached: 1510975287806.png (360x360, 184K)

You're a fucking idiot.

He's holding a cleaver and looks insane?

Ventrue is gone for sure. Gangrel as well since they're pretty similar to Brujah

Even if Malk gets put into the game we wont get anything near as glorious as the tv talking to you.

Best clan even Presence is good
Toreador is the best they can't remove it

Imagine the backlash from no malkavian, they are nit stupid.

If there's no Nosfuratu in this game I will be really disappointed.

drop nosferatu nobody plays it who wants to be ugly

Ventrue will social clan 100%. Nobody cares about toreadors.

I guess
Malkavian
Brujah or Gangrel
Tremere (Tzimisce very unlikely)
Nosferatu for stealth builds
Ventrue/Toreador for social and balanced builds
I don't think we'll see Lasombras, maybe 1 npc

Not everybody mary sues their way through the game, user.

Probably no Malkavians nor Gangrels. Malks are too difficult to write well given their peculiarities.

I'd say Brujah (melee), Toreador (range hybrid), Ventrue (pure social), Nosf (stealth), Tremere (wizardy)

Brainlets.
Ventrue are the most basic bitch clan. They aren't going to withold a clan if it wouldn't respark interest when released as free dlc.
I'd say Makavian and Gangrel since they're different enough to be interesting but not so different that level design needs to take them into account like Nosferatu

This is boring and that's why it is right.

>different level design
another reason to drop uglies

Gangrel and Brujah always felt like the same shit to me in vtmb. They're just the filthy edgy commies who smell bad.

The Ventrue clan was available in the pins given during the pretend-party

It would be logical that the assamite remplace the nosf

I hope they handle Malks better than in the original. Playing as a wacky retard was insufferable.

I hope they find a way to keep the malks cryptically prophetic regarding characters and plotlines without resorting to reddit humour.

Gangrel are actually pretty cool when done right, but their strengths are not really suited to a city setting so in the context of the video games they come across as second rate Brujah.

Exact same clans as in first game.

Missing 2 will be DLC.

Please, no.

Attached: lizard.jpg (675x1200, 124K)

It's Paradox user

Don't see why not

I think Malk, Toreador, Ventrue, Tremere and Gangrel will be the player choices. Brujah is pretty generic compared to Gangrel as a melee character and doesn't stand out as much. Plus Beckett was a bit of a fan favorite in the first.

Really hope Gangrel isn't cut, they're my favorite by far and I plan on remaking this chick

Attached: qt314.png (679x554, 585K)

Thinking about replaying 1 again, never played as a Tremere, is it worth it? (Yes, I know about the safehouse).

Yeah sure. Thaumaturgy's a good shakeup from the original gameplay. Not a huge amount of changes from other clans tho

Brujah will be playable because the Anarchs are a joinable faction and this would make no sense without their posterboy clan being available.

Damn, I completely forgot best boy Christof was Brujah.

Attached: words words words.jpg (2560x1440, 658K)

There's no way they aren't cutting Gangrel and Toreador, I thought it would be Malk at first but they're probably too popular at this point, just don't expect wacky dialogue this time around because they're dialing back the crazy to be "sensitive" or some such bullshit. Do note that Malkavians can have a wide variety of mental problems, even things as simple as amnesia.

Man I don't know if I can buy it on release if I cant play gangrel

Somebody should tell those two people next to him to sit up. All the blood's gonna rush to their heads and it's not gonna feel good

I want Ravnos.

Tremere is the easiest class to beat the game with because they can walk into a room, take no damage, then make all the enemies combust spontaneously

Gypsies who have to commit crimes or suffer negative repercussions. It isn't going to happen in this current year. Also they are nearly extinct.

what if you start as thinblood caitif?

Have they confirmed a character creator? I don't want to be a rasta man again

You do, that's all but confirmed already.

Yes. One for your human aspects, then a second one after you do the prologue for your vampire aspects.

I can see them cutting Nosferatu for two reasons:

1. They have a character creator this time which means they'll have to design a whole other set of stuff for them.

2. It means they'll have to design a whole bunch of alternative ways to interact with people and move around.

Just play Brujah or Nosferatu and stop bein a bitch

and I want Cappadocians but we can't always get what we want

It is either Nos or Malk. They need a stealth option. Besides it is confirmed that they are designing levels/missions so that there are multiple paths to completion, so chances are that instead of making Nos specific paths they just restrict Nos to a smaller range of the overall possibilities for environment/character interaction.

>too difficult to write
The first game wrote a fantastic fishmalk. If this game isnt even going to try and match the quality of the first in its strongest selling point why the fuck does it exist? Who played bloodlines for anything but the writing?

So from what i understand, you'll start as a thinblood.
Wouldnt that mean the only way of gaining power is diablerizing?

this seems like a really bad move from the devs
Im not even typically that picky of a motherfucker but if I'm willing to hold out and wait for my clan I'm sure theres others that will too

That or taxi drivers

NO MALK
NO BUY

Attached: 1549397045572.jpg (960x954, 47K)

No Toreador no buy

>Get in faggot its time for Amaranth

Attached: totally not caine.jpg (500x297, 34K)

Pretty much. I just hope that your time as a thin-blood is full of moments where you get your ass kicked by lower gen vamps so at least when you get to this point you appreciate the power boost. It would simply undermine so much of the story and setting if you make the leap from thin-blood to real vamp and you just keep on playing exactly how you did before.

The bloodpacks are too damn expensve though. He'll be switching to melee a lot.

I never had a problem with bloodpacks because bloodpacks were all I bought. Every penny I got went straight to the blood bank. I also think I went out of my way to level my physical stats a little bit so I could grapple and drain enemies mid combat, but that only works if there's weak enemies around since you're still a nerd at the end of the day

What is the best clan to pick if I want to play as a stunning and curvaceous woman of african-american descent?

Attached: 1553053139067.webm (640x800, 1022K)

I don't think they'll let use create female characters with massive proportions because western devs feel threatened by sexualised women.

Uninstall.exe

There's only one black player character in the game, and that's male brujah.

Toreador's are beautiful and sensual, so they might fit. Brujah could also work in America, if you buy into notions of institutional racism against blacks

Thank you, I will read up on them.

They are going to add more clans after launch as free DLC

>We have 5 clans to choose from in the base game
Where did this get said?

pcgamer.com/au/time-to-speculate-about-vampire-the-masqueradebloodlines-2s-clans/

They say the game will ship with 5 but they will be adding more as free DLC over time.

they said they want to be respectful and the original game was problematic in its portrayal of mental illness or something in that vein. that means fishmalk is off the table, and writing a non-fishmalk would be a gargantuan task and as such a major waste of effort since the majority of players wont pick malk anyway.

>fishmalk BAD

okay faggots, sell me your idea on a non-fishy PC malk, and make it feasible for the developers to implement.

did they say which clans?

that's what mods are for

no, they're probably still trying to decide since no matter what, there will be people pissed off about the missing two

the clans that require the most effort obviously, malkavian and nosferatu.

Paranoid schizophrenic, NPCs will stare and whisper things to you and randomly start following you. Would make for a spooky playthrough

lame and weak. gets old fast, no narrative weight.

My suggestion would be to just amp up the 'fuck with the player' dial and give it a more sinister and less funny tone. The problem with Malks of any kind on the tabletop is that if you go too far you end up ruining the game for the other players. But since there isnt any other players in a single player rpg you can go as extreme as you want.

If you cant rely on the dr seuss hat and the pimp coat then rip off shit like FEAR.

What narrative weight does fishmalk have?

le funny epic dialogues

you didnt say anything concrete user. give examples on how you would make a viable PC malk that is engaging to play as and realistic to implement for the devs. if you need to remake the entire game just to make a malk then we have an obvious problem.

the insanity affects dialogue.

Its not remaking the entire game its just adding more content only one clan can see, something they did multiple times in the first game. And as for examples I dont know I'm not a game dev, anons idea of messing with npcs is a good start but it doesnt go far enough. Have entirely new dialogue trees, special npcs that only malks can see, alter existing dialogue, add prophetic in hindsight symbolic hallucinations.

Hell I think that would go beyond what Malks had in bloodlines 1, it would just be in a different tone to screaming at stop signs.

where does it say anything about adding more via DLC?

gangrel is going to be free DLC to promote the werewolf DLC
honestly I'd say nosferatu is out but I actually don't know anything about VtM

Quick Yea Forums ! No time to explain ! Pick a clan !

Attached: vampire-min-min-min.png (2588x1336, 1.39M)

rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/22/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/
>If you look at Paradox’s other products there’s obviously a strong commitment to the fanbase and user-generated content and modding and stuff like that,” said Kipling, adding that it would be “part and parcel” to their approach when making a true successor to Bloodlines. Paradox are also known for their post-launch support, which includes Bloodlines 2. I don’t know how much DLC there will be, but I do know that some clans will be added to the game after launch, and that these will be free to all players.

t r e m e r e

Attached: Lord_Tremere_-_VTES.jpg (1500x2100, 404K)

>Paradox are also known for their post-launch support
Thats a nice way of saying 'these fucks are hyper jews that will nickel and dime you to death'

Ventrue

My speculation is that it's going to be homogenized garbage filled with virtue signaling.

>make sequel
>make it have less content than the predecessor
>it's ok tho, you can pay even more to get the same amount of content

>We have 5 clans to choose from in the base game, down from the 7 in the original.
This just keeps getting better and better

>This means they are going to try and make each clan count and represent a different way to play.
Naieve much

Not necessarily. One of the quirks of thins bloods is that while they're too high generation to display and characteristics of their sire's clan, they also are capable of learning any vampiric discipline. This may be the dev's work-around for wanting to allow you to customize your charcter's play style while not having to re-write whole campaigns for certain clans.

All it means is they cut 2 clans out for easy DLC, and every clan thereafter will be its own 6.99 DLC. This IS Paradox yknow.

Attached: 1554210347256.jpg (360x352, 17K)

You want it to fail.

Lasombra changed in V5, they made them boring and less action focused. I suspect Lasombra will be implemented.

Paradox needs money.

Attached: 1532736181953.png (544x544, 533K)

No, but it will based on what's been known so far.

Go fuck yourself, Baba Vanga. We haven't seen even a second of its gameplay yet.

No we all just expect it to fail. How the fuck can you even have a shred of optimism left after being on Yea Forums?

Dropping spoilers in the retard fishmalk dialogue
And the conversation with the cab driver is excellent as a malk

What? No Ventrue? Sidelined for Toreabores? Fuck that.

>Actually thinking Bloodlines 2 won't be shit

Attached: 784.jpg (768x551, 44K)

Actually, I want it to fail, it's a game related to Paradicks, and probable V5 influences, it's enough for me to despise it.

Attached: Caiaphas_Smith.jpg (652x836, 189K)

>gameplay
That's not why people played vtmb you fucking tard. Its gameplay was dogshit.

Brujah, Tremere, Toreador, Ventrue, Malkavian

Screencap this post

1/4

Attached: 1.jpg (3388x2392, 1.69M)

2/4

Attached: 2.jpg (3392x2388, 2.29M)

You fucking idiot.

Attached: 1508411822968.gif (411x175, 1015K)

Say for yourself you fucking faggot, I loved the gameplay, was fine for the game, I just want an improved version of Bloodlines, nothing more than that.
>No wanting to rip & tear as a protean gangrel

Attached: 1539734113506.png (401x514, 334K)

3/4

Attached: 3.jpg (3392x2392, 2.1M)

Looks a lot like him, I wonder if he got turned?

Two of the following clans will absolutely get cut, all three if they decide to use any clans not previously used:
Gangrel
Malkavian
Nosferatu

>I loved the gameplay
What kind of retard are you? bloodlines gameplay was objectively dogshit.

4/4

Attached: 4.jpg (3388x2392, 2.11M)

Nos is probably getting cut. I don't see a way to make their gameplay work in the way modern games work.

Sewer rats will be in, right? RIGHT?

Attached: showing your friends your favourite clan.gif (290x224, 2.98M)

To be honest if they don't launch with Malk, or explicitly say that we are getting malk soon after launch, then this is more of a fan reboot then a BL game.

Attached: 1554229668953.jpg (491x740, 268K)

I can understand Nossies and Malks, but I will shitpost every VTMB2 thread I come across if Gangrels aren't implemented.

Attached: 1539821458897.gif (500x715, 518K)

Thanks for the dump blood of caine

Ventrue for Social
Nosferatu Stealth
Gangrel/Brujah for Melee
Tremere for Mage
insert 5th clan here
i can see Malkavian making the cut personally

Must suck being bad at video games.

Attached: 1532892883744.png (465x357, 160K)

So it's Unreal 4 instead of ChromeEngine 6

>No information about the gameplay
>No information about disciplines
>Less than a year
It's a scam.

Attached: 1547347757848.jpg (375x375, 39K)

No there is no 'you're just bad' to this, it is a fact that bloodlines had shit gameplay. Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you havent played it in a while and your memories have skewed rosey and for the sake of your dignity I hope that I'm correct.

>Lasombra changed in V5, they made them boring and less action focused.
Are you literally 12?
Fucking Shovelhead

>"We wanted to pick those clans that deliver a clear player fantasy," says Christian Schlütter, lead producer. "If I'm someone who just likes to punch people in the face, we have a clan for you. If I'm someone that ... in a normal roleplaying game, would play a wizard or something, we also have a clan for that"
Sounds like they are going to put all emphasis on gameplay role instead of clan backstory.

Attached: AfC79o9.png (600x358, 41K)

>players will be able to equip two melees and two ranged weapons at any a time

Ventrue for all-rounder and Camarilla posterboys
Brujah for melee and Anarch posterboys
Tremere for magic
Toreador for social
Malkavian for stealth and fan appeasement

Nosferatu are cut because modern game designers cannot fathom putting in the extra effort to make it work - plus they seem like the clan least likely to accept a thinblood given how they choose to Embrace people.

Gangrel are a bit redundant to Brujah in terms of their combat specialization and as far as I know they don't have a heavy presence in cities so there'd be no clan to adopt your thinblood.

Malk in the first game was gimmicky as well, you get cool dialogue options but ultimately it doesn't do anything

I play every year during october, I loved the game, the melee combat was fine, I don't understand why people dislike it so much, stop being a stupid social butterfly and accept the beast inside of you.
Jack and 9 explains to you that talking won't help you forever.

Attached: 1543180472850.jpg (483x269, 22K)

elaborate

Not him but they did nerf the tentacles indirectly by needing you to actually focus on controlling them instead of just letting them be autonomous rape shadows like they should be. An easy homebrew but still annoying.

And removed shadow armor.

So they were picked because they didn't think people could read the fucking clan descriptions before game? That's just pandering to the lowest common denominator.

>Clans will have exclusive locataions
That's more interesting, but I guess I would have expected that with there being just five clans.

Yeah I'm still not sure on this, especially since it also mentions as a thin-blood you are slated to just be executed immediately. This makes the 'well you'll just diablerize into something' even more retarded.

Attached: Thin-bloods.png (717x872, 1.32M)

>missing cats
oh fuck
tzimisce time?

This is probably because you start as a thin blood and diablerize someone to join a clan, and your player-character has a selectable backstory like in the Plus Patch apparently.

Thinblood stuff is sensible IMO. I was part of a Chronicle where the ST allowed a thin-blood to diablerize a (willing) Gangrel so as to descend his generation. As the Sheriff my Toreador wanted to blow his fucking lights out but the Baron allowed it since the Gangrel was willing and he'd "earned" it through a long-ass quest line we did.

Didn't stop me 'accidentally' unloading a couple rounds of Buck into his back every now and then during clusterfuck combat rounds later on though.

Mandatory cutscenes, mandatory dialogue parts, mandatory on rails scenes. All these can't really work with Nos. I dunno, modern games don't really lend themselves to protagonists that aren't in the spotlight, sadly. It's why games like Thief don't get made anymore.

V5 changed how thinbloods works on WoD, I suspect they are using in BL2

How is Redemption? It looks so interesting.

Even in bloodlines 1 thinbloods being executed immediately was ignored because of the fact LA was a chaotic mess.

>Everybody gets Protean because vampires turn into bats right?
Gross

Attached: images (1).jpg (283x178, 13K)

See
That's my take on it having played a fair bit of tabletop and loving VTM:B. I think the Thin Blood protag is also to emphasize how Bad things have become, too, since this is like 15 years after Gehenna was MEANT to happen, and Gehenna was an event that HAD to happen, if that makes sense? Within the canon and the timeline of the original VTM series, Gehenna was effectively a release valve for the Curse, and events like Gehenna were rumored to be cyclical. Dark Age Vampire even confirmed that IIRC because it also took place in an age of Thin Blood.

I think the way it went was one of three options:
1. Apocalyptic Gehenna, alá the Deluge or straight up apocalypse for the Vamps
2. All Thin-Bloods get massacred, mass amounts of vampires die off, and generation levels plateau out again.
3. Thin-bloods outnumber and overpower a lot of lower-generation vampires, becoming lower-generation themselves and assuming the status quo, meaning that THEIR sires are still relatively lower-generation, and things slowly escalate again over the centuries.

Of course since every instance of VTM is deemed to be a Chronicle and every Chronicle can counter canon where necessary to make itself work, I think VTM:B2 also adheres to this rule, so what it considers internally canon CAN contradict the greater setting canon.VTM:B1 did this with Caine and Toreadors.

Attached: damsel_by_vagiz_ahm_dd0k98z.png (1080x1458, 2.28M)

Only special snowflakes thin bloods, they also have a weak version of vicissitude.

That's the only page that really has new information.
Sounds decent

Jack's still in Africa, right? It would be very surprising if LaCroix actually returned. Motherfucker gets ashed no matter what.

Attached: Untitled.png (814x480, 521K)

Jeanette and Therese are the only ones with a chance of showing up since the asylum got franchised. Lacroix is deader than dogshit and Jack is playing pirate off the coast of negroland.
They shouldnt though. J/T are kind of done after you learn that they're the same bitch. What could they add to a story beyond fanservice?

Therese might have delusions of grandeur, which could make for a plot point.

Yes, but that was a matter of time. Not just exterminating a pack of thin-bloods is one thing, a thin-blood diablierizing into a clan is completely different. One is just not filling in a pothole on a road, the other is allowing a cannibal to exist. Mind you that's from a Camarilla point of view, but a taboo is a taboo.

I would probably accept it if the situation is just THAT fucked, but my worry is that that won't happen and the lore is going to bend over backwards. I mean, for fuck sake you even gain a black aura as a diablerizier, its taboo for a reason.

The people wanting Jeanette and Therese back are the same people that want the Dab of night back. It's pointless fanservice that would waste time better served to adding to BL2. Maybe a cameo or reference or just an email or bit of text saying what they were up to would be enough.

Attached: 1554132336421.jpg (780x1024, 151K)

The nature of Thin Bloods in VTM:B is sort of deceiving. I figure you guys know about the tabletop but they were ALWAYS meant to be a secretly hyper-powerful underdog with a shitload of potential, even in the earliest versions of their writing. It's just not explored in VTM:B or most Chronicles because nobody wants to be Johnny Weaksauce.

Thin-Bloods were never intended to just be punching bags alone, they were intended to start off weak as shit and really rough but because they have no bonds to their blood and have no starting rigid Disciplines they can effectively master most disciplines at a low level from my understanding. Even a low-level discipline is fucking powerful, especially against mortals and even against other vampires, so being able to master them without a whole lot of runaround and Humanity and Paths and shit is incredibly powerful... if you can survive long enough to do it.

They were basically meant to be the Deprived class of the VTM world but unfortunately WW's writers wrote themselves into corners regularly with Thin Bloods (and Caitiff who were meant to fill a similar, but softer role and are often conflated) and forgot what their purpose was and instead used them as dumbass redshirts in lore.

This also isn't even getting into the social implications of Thin Bloods for vampires. I don't have many characters left, but to put it short: Vampires don't like being reminded that it's a curse, and that it's merely the strength and nature of their blood controls their power and ability. The idea that you can be actually 'lesser' because of your Siring is a very fucking troublesome thing, especially for the Camarilla who want to big up vamps as the pinnacle of evolution most of the time while keeping them under wraps.

>I would probably accept it if the situation is just THAT fucked

I'll respond more next post, but if there's a Mass Embrace in the street like PCG says, then it IS That Fucked.

Attached: 1436421716263.jpg (600x821, 185K)

whenever I see this thumbnail I see a guy with giant neon red skis

Thank God I thought it was just me.

>best voice cast in a video game

That's a bold fucking claim

>That's just pandering to the lowest common denominator.
welcome to game development in these benighted latter days.

CONFIRMED CLANS

RAVNOS = SOCIAL PLAY THROUGH + COMMENTARY ON THE IMMIGRANT EXPERIENCE

DAUGHTERS OF CACOPHONY = RANGED SJW APPEASEMENT

SAMEDI = STEALTH + TIMED PLAY THROUGH (FINISH THE GAME BEFORE YOU ROT)

BAALI = REPLACES MALKAVIAN AS SPECIAL DIALOG CLASS EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS EXTREMELY EDGY

CAIN = EASY MODE NEVER HURT A GAME

The last person who claimed that was Todd Howard, I believe.

I want this for the sheer fucking banter

fag

Attached: 1415830781028.gif (245x179, 945K)

What about the neutral clans?

A Giovanni or Melpominee option would be pretty cool.
True Brujah when?

Never, ever

Attached: true brujah.png (1292x1100, 990K)

Shit nigga, come to think of it, Baali would make for a great experience. Too bad they're the de facto completely evil guys in the setting.

play east la
there's more content for victoria
hazel seems more interesting at first, but all content is good

it's better than it should be

is the word Baali will use to end every conversation

True Brujah a mostly sabbat clan right?

>I want to eat this fag, fag
>Why do you fag this fag like a fag fag
>You're all fags, fag
It's like seeing a bad rapper try to come up with new lyrics but end up spilling spaghetti

if you like the world of darkness and dont mind a mediocre diablo clone its pretty nice
there is almost zero player choice though, its just a dungeon crawler

>BL2's voice cast is "maybe the best of any game"

These guys need a series case of hold your fucking horses

Attached: uhhhh.png (570x481, 426K)

Nos will get cut. Malk is too iconic to get the boot and while they would need changes, it not nearly as bad as having to redesign 75% of the cutscenes. After that it's probably going to be Gangrel or Toreador.

They have a strong motivation though, to undermine and seed corruption, so it lends itself to lots of intrigue and espionage. The real problem is that it would have to be it's own special story because unlike other clans you can't write a shared goal.

Will Damsel return and will her model be an available asset for making porn with?

They better not fucking cut the Malkavians

Yeah I think Nos worked in BL1 because of the design philosophy of the time. 4 hubs, sewer system in each. BL2's scale just seems so much larger then that, you'd basically have to make an entire extra game for them, which I doubt they are prepared to do. They might do some kind of DLC mission thing in which you play as a nos then, but full game clan? No way.

>Malk is too iconic
Damn right

Hopefully.

>game is called bloodlines
>never get to play as an actual bloodline

god i hope so

>project Frasier
Cheeky.

>prince cross
>lacroix(the cross in french)
mmm

Well, considering they are cutting the number of clans, very unlikely we'll get to play as anything but the core clans, and certainly not a pretty out there bloodline like nagaraja. Oh well, I had my speculations for 4 or so days so.

Attached: 1554113504702.jpg (473x654, 41K)

Jack is dead.

no u liar

Lacroix confirmed as the Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter of the world of darkness.

LIARRRRRR

Attached: 1554109414102.jpg (366x366, 77K)

Nos might work since you're thin blood and exhibit no clan traits being Nos disfigurement. Potentially allowing you to be Nos and not look fucked.

>finally defeat the final boss of BL2
>Having the final cutscene
>BOIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>turn around
>WHERZ MI SARCOPHIGUTZ?

>Jeanette and her alter ego Therese
Isn't this the other way aouund?

I don't mind thinbloods getting powerful, I actually liked this idea, thinbloods should be easily adaptable compared to older vampires, since they aren't stuck with the bloodline curses, they could easily live among humans without too much problem compared to neonate, but, I hate V5 Thin-Blood Alchemy, specially the Blood Resonance, they have a sudo vicissitude with some blood magic, personally I would do this do thinbloods.
>Impossible to blood bond due weak blood
>Can learn disciplines by drinking blood from another vampire
>Can be cursed with a bloodline if the blood is too potent
>Cannot embrace or create ghouls
This could easily work with the Second Inquisition, governments start using thinbloods as meat shields during raids, or even as soldiers in blackops, could also be a reason why elders dislike thinbloods, they can't be controlled by conventional methods, are more adaptable and less connected to the beast.
White Wolf is retard when comes to writing.

Attached: 1539910755358.gif (500x389, 968K)

The N-word would be more appropriate because they are fully evil

NEONATE

Attached: 1554318526454.gif (268x200, 903K)

who /gangrel/ here

Attached: 1506964498202.jpg (440x498, 21K)

>You have received your instructions, I trust you understand them?
>Yes
>Then leave.
>Nigger

Are those real screenshots?

i hope we can play as caine

Yeah as long as Malks are still around and call glow in the dark niggers out, I'll grace this game with a pirate.

Attached: 1553930348652.jpg (2214x3100, 717K)

No, independent or within the Camarilla's inner circle.

>could also be a reason why elders dislike thinbloods, they can't be controlled by conventional methods, are more adaptable and less connected to the beast.
This WAS why they hated them in earlier versions of VTM. In fact Thin Bloods heralding DAH BAD TOIEMS was just a cover story. I can't remember how precisely because I'm a brainlet but there was a specific thing in the lore that the massacre of Thin Bloods actually brought Gehenna nearer. I think it's because it wakes up Antediluvians faster when more vampires die? Don't quote me on that though.

>I hate V5 Thin-Blood Alchemy, specially the Blood Resonance, they have a sudo vicissitude with some blood magic, personally I would do this do thinbloods.

I haven't read through V5 recently (in fact I don't think I stomached all of it) could you give me the bogpill on that? Don't have to though, I figure it's well retarded since most of V5 was mad retarded even by my standards.

Attached: 151141341341.png (1156x1920, 417K)

Wiki says a lot of them are in the true black hand, but I guess that is not regular sabbat.

>mfw LaCroix Tower, Sabbath Hotel, Triad nightclub

Attached: 1547413604510.gif (300x225, 814K)

In the final act a blood hunt will be called on you to stop from saying it

Attached: t-Joaquin-Phoenix-Joker.jpg (1543x1029, 196K)

Silly user, don't you know that Malk's are abelist propaganda to hurt the feelings of disabled people? They must be deleted from canon and all references to them paved over in concrete.

Attached: 1554229468811.jpg (740x491, 219K)

The blood of the antediluvians runs through the veins of all vampires. When a vampire dies the antediluvian can feel it. Mass killings of Thin Bloods actually brings Gehenna closer. Vampires don't know that, they think thin bloods bring upon Gehenna so they go out and hunt them.

>one of the best parts of the original was the music
>its so fucking good I still listen to it by itself
>we wont get the same magic since the composer isnt a homeless, ex con crack addict living on other peoples couches anymore
That soundtrack was lightning in a bottle anons. Just like the risk of rain ost.

How the fuck do I kill chinese vamp in santa monica? The blood strike gives only like 6 damage. He can kill me in 3-4 shots while I wait for the blood to come back.

Do Malks still have dominate in V5? Or is it still changed due to the great prank?

>diablo clone
When you say that does it mean boring point & click combat? Like you click on an enemy and your character just walks over on his own and attacks on his own with no further input from you?

'Cause I'm interested in the setting but I'm not sure I can stomach that toss.

Exactly, is the opposite since the true black hand seeks to aid the antediluvians in order to fuck up all other clans; compared to the sabbat that want to kill the antediluvians to avoid Gehenna.

Dementation got cut with Eyes of Chaos being rolled into Auspex and there being a new, actually useful Ability as part of Dominate.
I will miss Voice of Madness, the only usefull power of Dementation

Tal'Mahe'Ra was a mistake.
One Spirit Nuke wasn't enough
Hail to the Hierachy

You're thinking of Hunter: The Reckoning.

In 1999 they got it back.

I know is less chaotic and smaller compared RoR, but what happened to RoR2 ost ?

user got it wrong. Redemption is a genuine role-playing game with dialogue options and all that jazz. Combat is similar to games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate.

Use the shotgun or dodge his melee attacks

You're correct, user, thank you. I always thought it was a neat plot point but one that was rarely ever brought up.

Attached: damsel_by_ashka_marauder.jpg (600x800, 83K)

>We have 5 clans to choose from in the base game, down from the 7 in the original
its already imploding and they don't even have gameplay footage yet

oh boy oh boy

Attached: 1553243962376.png (660x594, 368K)

Thinbloods are just plain boring when written as the special snowflake hero role, it's similar to when they try to make the spaceweebs in 40k look like the good guy
Shit's fucked no matter what path you decide to go down, so you make the best of what you can work with. Just pumping up what are basically regular dudes with super powers (while removing the drawbacks to the super powers) is kind of dull compared to what the setting usually goes for

>Like you click on an enemy and your character just walks over on his own and attacks on his own with no further input from you?
Yes. I guess you can consider refreshing Disciplines as "further input", so yes and no.

>Dementation got cut
That's so fucking sad

This describes the state in v5.
Pic related from the Anarch book implies that the Great Prank might be the switch of Sabbat and Cam Malks in who's the "sane" and who's the "insane"

Attached: file.png (678x760, 92K)

>Toreador = Ranged weapons + Social

toreador is the most boring clan, the calans shouls be:

1. ventrue (social)
2. nosferatu (stealth)
3. memekavian (jack of all trades)
4. brujah (melee)
5. tremere (range)

Attached: 1553108209015.jpg (1024x1024, 57K)

If you read the material, its because they want each clan to have an individual playstyle mechanically, which obviously Venture or Toreador are not distinctive enough to make the cut, or like the nos are too distinctive and need to be cut.

>Malkavian
>Jack of all trades
What? They are social and spy powerhouses.
Also the only Clan that has both Obfuscate and Auspex

Brujah is even worse. Melee should be gangrel.

>toreador is the most boring clan
it is, but ventrue is railroaded down a path. toreador is social and open.
also I prefer gangrel. well, I don't, but gangrel is more of a niche what with the beastly nature and all that. brujah is just mad and punches hard. ideally both would still be in but I agree one of them will be cut

Venture's playstyle can't just be social, that's not enough. And Nos are wayyy to distinctive, when clearly what they are going or as thin-blooded is more mortal interaction in the first third of the game before going deep into vamp land.

Fuck you, nosferatu are great.
I only didn't want their stupid outfits, that's why I ended up using a mod.

Attached: Terrible Nosferatu Preview.jpg (1440x900, 653K)

>they want each clan to have an individual playstyle
what they want is to cut down on work. with the differenc disciplines the clans were all different

They say it's because they want every clan to be more unique, which if true, is great news really. In the original the five fairly normal clan didn't have much interesting clan specific stuff to them outside of combat. You got an exclusive apartment as Tremere and an odd bit of dialogue and that was about it

A lot of it is good but out of the tracks released so far it doesnt match up to the original. Theres no Risk of Rain, no Monsoon, no Hailstorm, no Precipitation, no Chanson d'Automne and absolutely no way in hell is there a Coalescence. Its not even 2nd place in Christolooloo's vidya osts since Deadbolt exists.

Brujah and Gangrel should both be in
Brujah should be rogueish, using celerity to bash someone in the back of the head with a bat, while Gangrel should be a beefier frontal fighter, with unique abilities tied to various transformations and animalism powers to distract enemies

wrong
1 lasombra
2 giovanni
3 assamites
4 tzimisce
5 malkavian

Attached: 1553315577593.png (555x644, 387K)

They will 100% have a social clan for retards like me who never learn.

You just know they'll go with Brujah and just role those two playstyles into one. It's unavoidable.

Wait he is speaking to Therese/Jeanette?
They are anarchs now? What the fuck

Brujah and Gangrel are sort of interesting since they're both brute melee but have literally no disciplines in common.
Celerity + Potence for Brujah
Protean + Fortitude for Gangrel

the game felt very different playing them because you couldn't move freely and had to memorize bullshit sewer tunnels

yeah, they're probably gonna get cut just because of that

this new game sounds like a theme park experience, all clans will play more or less the same, kinda like skyrim and its "races"

You're high if you think there's gonna be more unique stuff than that and maybe a quest or two in 2

They're living in LA.

A homebase for all the five launch launch clans already confirmed too.

Attached: 1510077240949.png (800x840, 308K)

Ventrue arent just social though, they're tanky as fuck with Fortitude. A properly built Ventrue laughs at the idea of sunlight hurting him.

Also they have a dick and pegged La Croix
This is the future you chose

thats a general theme with the sequel i fear. a team full of has beens working on a sequel to a game that can't be recreated.

this would be the more interesting game

>They are anarchs now? What the fuck
Are you retarded, user? Therese was a BARON. That's an Anarch title of power just like Isaac. Anarchs aren't one linearly-structured group, the way they act varies from city to city.

>No don't worry that every character can use telekineses, flying, and shapeshifting into mist every clan will be wildly unique
>Look Tremere can shoot a fireball or something how exciting

i really wanted to play tzimisce in the OG game

they are like nosferatu but without the crippling low self-esteem

Attached: 1514992075735.jpg (892x896, 75K)

I mean I guess that makes sense, but I remember Therese being more inclined towards the Camarilla.

Guess that doesn't matter with La Croix gone

Like said. California has always been an Anarch stronghold, especially the L.A area. The Camarilla were a fairly recent arrival by the time the happens and only had uncontested control over one hub.

they were Anarchs in Bloodlines at the start
Therese goes Camarilla if you kill Jeanette, or if you reconcile them

Some fishyness is fine.
I would like to see someone who switches between being sane and insane. Basically Krieg from Borderlands 2, but less wacky.
youtube.com/watch?v=6chxuovrbCI

So I'm starting a new run in Vtmb 1 with Tremere, how does combat work for them? Is level 3 Thaumaturgy enough, or should I also put points in Guns?
Any point in going Melee with them?

Some clan specific quests and dialogue acknowledging your clan some more would make it the experience feel more distinct. I haven't seen any gameplay yet so as an optimist I will give them a chance

Attached: clown.png (240x221, 68K)

>I remember Therese being more inclined towards the Camarilla.
She was willing to cooperate with them but only in so much as it affirmed her power, as is a typical stance of vampires.

Besides, LaCroix was very much a taboo-breaking Cammy and a very shit one at that. The mere fact he was after a possibly-Antediluvian coffin was enough that if the higher ups in his Cammy sect heard about it his ass would be grass, hence why you can put Strauss in power. It's more likely Therese had some kind of knowledge that he was about to climb the power ranks and wanted to subtly show him she'd fight alongside him without openly flying the Cammy flag.

Strauss is much closer to "true Camarilla" in that he just wants the sarcophagus hidden the fuck away, regardless of what's in it. LaCroix actively hunting it, getting mortals killed, endangered, and generally risking waking up Grandpa Munster is enough to have him executed, which is part of why he's so eager to silence (and then side with) you near the end.

Attached: 5828391.png (1429x2000, 1.33M)

Mitsoda has something to prove and Avellone is good when he gets enough of a chance to actually implement something.
Actually not sure what Rik has done besides the last game though.
>last game he worked on was neverwinter nights 2
Wew lads.

Camarilla is a faggy european monarchical organization anyways

Anarch is just a vampire euphemism for liberal democracy

that's why youre playing as a thin blood

thin bloods can create their own disciplines, even if they're weaker than older gen vamps

>liberal democracy
That's what they want you to think! The Anarchs, and the Brujah in particular, are commie spies! They admire the USSR and want your childe sharing blood like some Sabbat mongrel.

Do your duty, join the Camarilla today

Attached: 1554108380932.png (503x751, 552K)

Full magic

Attached: 1x09_Storming_the_Castle_(28).png (1440x810, 928K)

the PC Gamer pdf is out if anyone wants it, you need to create an account on Mobilism and just search 'PC Gamer'

Attached: aa.png (1178x941, 458K)

>Sequel to a 15 year old game made in CURRENT YEAR

Yeah guys. It'll be great.

Attached: 1553887895091.jpg (872x685, 104K)

the combat is fine if you put points into it

>as an optimist
I’m happy for you clownfrogfag I wish I was

That really works, even against bosses? Sounds broken, but thanks.

I'm worried that it will be good but no-one will play it like the original game

Attached: 1417423678862.jpg (574x960, 77K)

>last game he worked on was neverwinter nights 2
I don't know which tracks he did, but MotB had fantastic soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=DfpCFB-VHhs
youtube.com/watch?v=aQQKKhGobq8
youtube.com/watch?v=0mqmBSGpJXc
youtube.com/watch?v=ulueUlCPjvs
youtube.com/watch?v=SnuMPITjFm8

Malk is literally VTMB's True Path.

Fuck outta here.

If it doesn't require a fan mod to run I'm sure people will flock to it.

Wish they retconned Prias' death and somehow manage to squeeze him into the game

The idea of a ghoul that can go toe to toe against most elders seems like a really cool scenario

If vtm2, bannerlord, and stalker 2 all suck I’m going to cut my dick off and throw it in the street

Likely
>Looks like Vandal
>wields a cleaver
>sits inside a giant V representing Vampire but also Vandal
Vandal is probably a major character in the game.

Watch a hundred gays try to diablerize your shriveling cock

>Moreover, your choice of clan will provide access to unique abilities and also unique locations in the game. “If you want to see truly everything of the game, you will want to play it with different clans."

nice

Attached: oo.png (1113x911, 2.72M)

Take the honkpill my friend

Attached: honk.jpg (224x225, 11K)

how do you make it engaging for the player? taking control away in a game that is all about player agency sounds like a really poor idea.

so far everyone has only had really vague, inconcrete ideas that they can't exemplify. this is why you get fishmalk.

this

vampires are no longer trendy, why not a superhero rpg?

>Malkavian exclusive area

Holy shit that's going to be fucking WIILLLLLDDD

Attached: 1554108165655.gif (320x213, 535K)

they've already said they have a problem with how insanity was portrayed in the first game

>uh, only melee and uh melee
so its like Vampyr but shittier

>capeshit
No thank you.

How do you feel about playing as a thin-blood?

>Paradox
>free DLC
lmao

Ignore that, I didn't realize someone already posted the pages where this is all said.

Are you retarded or just incapable of reading?

when waa avellone good last time? lonesome road was shit and Ulysses was the most obnoxious, masturbatory writer mouthpiece I've ever seen in a game.

>As with Bloodlines 1, the game is fully voiced, and while neither Paradox nor Hardsuit will spill details, Mitsoda boasts that Bloodlines 2’s voice cast is “maybe the best of any game”

muh fuggin dick

malkavians are different than memekavians

in the original tabletop game they're more like prophets than people that talk to signposts

Not happy, I would have preferred going right into a clan, or HAVING A FUCKING CHOICE INSTEAD OF BEING FORCED

If they are boasting that this early they must have some talent. Or some massive fucking bollocks but we'll see.

>locked to first person except for SICK SPECIALS
it's shit

Which implies fixing things by removing Fishmalk. Maybe give the player an actual mental illness instead of just TaLkInG LiKe a NeRD

I very sincerely doubt that ther eis a single mentalist fag out there who had a problem with it. being vapirically crazy and being humanly crazy doesn't have to be the same

i can't believe people are overly excited for Vampyr: masquerade edition

>make each clan count, stand out, and represent a different way to play
LOL
this means all the other clans will be DLC with very little variety in gameplay

Fishmalk was maybe 10 lines of lolssorandom, most of the time the dialogue in BL1 was just metaphors or waxing lyrical. Did you even play it?

It doesn't matter. They will say it's offensive even if nobody is offended.

honestly things are shaping up great by the sounds of it, Brian Mitsoda at the lead, Rik Schaffer doing the music, Avellone lending a hand
there's no major red flags like voiced protagonist or anything either

my only concern is the writing though, I still don't think anyone can beat Mitsoda, and I'm pretty sure he's not writing actual dialogue for characters which is what he does best

its implied thin bloods have more potential than they let on

unlike the inbreed clans, they can create their own disciplines, eat food, have sex and walk during daylight

Leopold is a great name for a turtle

I am no longer here.

Brujah will be the 'Warrior' clan because they're Anarchs and the new writers think Anarch=antifa.
You can bet they'll be DLC.

Imagine being able to actually fleshsculpt yourself into whatever you want.

considering it was Brian Mitsoda himself who said it, your doubt would be misplaced.

Attached: 1554303380591.png (480x882, 319K)

>2018+1
>Believing on devs
They want you to feel hyped about their game, of course they are going to boast, I will distrust them until I hear in game, I will accept nothing less than Bloodlines 1.

What you call "waxing lyrical" I call fucking annoying.
Just image someone at your table playing a Malkavian that talks like that

There's 5 clans and one bonus clan. I can see the bonus being Malkavian or maybe remaining as a Thin Blood

>Yo what if we made a game about vampire politics
>But the character you play as is basically a human with pointy teeth and could do everything, while also being almost completely removed from the politics
I hate it

because they're shitty vampires, not because they're secretly super special.

wah wah. you tell me how to incorporate a True Malkavian® as a player character or shut your mouth. So far everyone has only presented terribly obnoxious ideas. Fishmalk is the only cost effective approach in a game like this.

>create their own disciplines
V5 thinbloods let them copy other disciplines.

they already said they're not making you pay for any additional clans, so I doubt that

>how do you make it engaging for the player?
Multiple insane dialogue lines, additional dialogue with your insane part to calm it down a bit. Sometimes take the choice away in an engaging way, like when Lacroix dominates you to do what he wants.

so thin bloods are basically Twilight vampires

the absolute state of World of Darkness

Attached: edward_sparkling-1.jpg (328x363, 17K)

>there's no major red flags like voiced protagonist or anything either
No showing the gameplay and expecting people to pre order is a BIG red flag.

Attached: 1537371884822.png (400x750, 187K)

I mean Anarch's are deeply involved in revolutionary politics, from the French Revolution to the U.S.S.R, and they even favourably mention communism. It wouldn't be out of character for them to at least be aware of the various mortal far-leftist or socialist movements in America, but there's always the qualification that what works or doesn't work for mortals isn't what will work or not work for kindreds, and that Kindred must work out their own revolution. So I wouldn't be surprised if they knew about BLM or something, but I wouldn't expect them to say it was good or make a value judgement on it.

>Bonus thin blood option of founding your own clan

Attached: 1554108590694.png (500x509, 49K)

don't you question me boy

Attached: clans.png (577x241, 182K)

Schizophrenia based hallucinations guiding the player.

This might be a stretch, but the CEO looking guy living in the penthouse shown in the trailer is most definitely a ventrue. I feel like if they were gonna cut a clan they wouldn't go out of their way to show it in the teaser. Gangrel is probably the most likely to go given what we've seen so far imo.

E3 is coming up, they probably wanted to wait until then to get the polish right. Honestly I wouldn't have put it past them to just announce it until E3, but I guess they wanted it launched in a relatively quiet season in the run up to E3.

1/10 game if they dont bring back Malkavians, it was the most fun you could have in the first game.

Small changes to the game like additional sound effects or different textures when there's meant to be more normal ones. Enough that people who played Malks will come here mentioning things and other people who didn't will be telling them that they're wrong.

No, you STOP!

>anyone asking over Twitter about more info on the Clans or anything regarding the game is told to wait until they reveal it
>when asked this might happen they say the closer they move to Q1 2020
What a fucking vague answer.

Attached: D131X8bX4AATON_.jpg large.jpg (2000x1125, 199K)

If this sells well enough, I hope their might be an official remaster of BL1.

>expecting gameplay before E3
Are you stupid?
Honestly alchemy is a great concept for the tabletop, especially because it is actually bootlegging the disciplines to the point where you need 4 successes or more on the distillation for it to work as intended.

Malks will be in, just not like how they were in the first game.

More vague shit.
>JUST DO AWESOME LOL
How does it work in practice?

redditor detected

the funnest clan was nosferatu and you know it

>every clan just gets % buffs
fucking kill me senpai

>there's no major red flags
Literally whos as a developers, journo feminist as one of the leads, early preorder, making a sequel to the game of its time in the current year.

I mean its clear from the few retards in this thread spouting about fishmalks that any inclusion will be controversial. Hopefully they just go for it, but the co-writer already saying it was a 'product of the time' is enough of a red flag for me to think your right.

Mitsoda is the lead writer though, so all other writing comes through him, which he probably autistically edits, just look at his eyes, he hasn't had proper sleep for years.

cool houses & house parties confirmed so yeah I guess?

youtube.com/watch?v=8B6ChV7IpkM

Anyone asking for money and not showing a working prototype is a scammer.

The original devs were literal who's as well user.

>Nozzies out because it's a lot of work
>Tremere out because they're evil patriarchists
>Gangrel out because they're redundant
>Malks in because everyone whines about them but they're heavily gutted
>Assamite / Ravnos in for that sweet sweet diversity

Brujah
Toreador
Malkavian
Ventrue
Assamite
Setite
perma-Caitiff

I never understood the distinction between Gangrel and Brujah. They're much too similar.
I know Gangrel are better over all. They can shapeshift into wolves, have a clan-wide 'Amber Alert' that calls them to join in on a hunt regardless of allegiance, and can beat Brujah easily in a one on one fight.
So what does Brujah have?

Why would you want a remaster when the original game is already good enough.

I think the pre-order stuff is sadly just modern gaming, it was always going to happen and is industry standard. The lack of gameplay can just be explained as a pre-E3 move to build hype ahead of a release. The people who made the first one were literally who's as well, although the co-writer does concern me.

Daddy issues

>They're much too similar.
>Animalism/Protean/Fortidue
>Presence/Celerity/Potence
There is actually very few clans with less power overlap

Tremere are all but confirmed if you'd actually read the OP. Followers of Set though? Definitely fucking not

If it's DLC they have more time to develop it, I expect at least one DLC clan to be the best in the game, maybe Malkavian will be a DLC to allow longer dev time.

Being asshurt that Carthage got salted.

>its a "ventrue gets a +10 social, tremere a -5 and nosferatu a -10" episode

Attached: 160.gif (295x221, 613K)

whos vampire dick am I gonna have to suck to not die though...

They aren't similar at all other than "good in melee" and susceptible to raging. Flavour and Discipline wise they're very different

>Paradox
>not making you pay for additional content
is this your first experience with them

Official game that works on a stable source engine.

also, no game footage, published by paradox "games" and excessive expenses in advertisement

Attached: 1424623513977.jpg (1132x705, 104K)

No Gangrel No Buy
No Malk No Buy

Attached: 1554001315180.jpg (410x271, 104K)

APOLOGIZE TO TROIKA

Brujah are philospher kings and the most humane of all vampire clans

>Gangrel
might as well give up now

>Malk
Yeah that would actually be something

in old WoD, human political movements were either irrelevant to Kindred or they were pawns the Kindred cynically exploited
in nu-oWoD, vampires participate in human demonstrations to fight skinheads

>in old WoD, human political movements were either irrelevant to Kindred or they were pawns the Kindred cynically exploited
Stop talking about shit you've never read

Other clans as dlc?

Cain's

you'll probably be able to fight antediluvians by the end of the game

Attached: 1449909512903.jpg (922x990, 371K)

It's hardly been an extravagant marketing campaign, a reveal event/trailer plus some interviews and mag articles.

honestly, i went with Setite because it's a social clan that can be included with minimal effort

why do you wanna play a neckbeard in video games too user?

How is that vague?
You have a quest where you need to find someone and no one really knows where they are. Other clans need to go around searching for hints while the observant Malkavian can look down and realize his shadow isn't in line with everyone elss, it's point in a different direction that changes, but not in accordance with the light. They can follow their shadow to find their objective.

You're in the sewers. Other clans need to traverse through a frustrating maze of dead ends. The Malkavian sees a large procession of rats all headed in the same direction.

You're in dialogue with a character on the streets. They offer you a new course of action, insist it's for the good of the Seattle Coterie but risky and he isn't sure about it. They ask that you go behind other characters back to do it. He asks you what you think of the idea, but behind him you just see every single Kine behind him simultaneously turn towards you and nod their heads

Attached: 1368232576739.jpg (465x600, 47K)

Are they going to be allowed to include big breasted women under the current regime? Times have changed.

Attached: 1551388583517.jpg (1920x1080, 439K)

This post is so shit it violates the masquerade

Attached: 33221.jpg (380x380, 83K)

What? Young Vampires have always been invested in causes from their life. It's one of the things that takes a couple decades to grow out of like breathing

>The original devs were literal who's as well user.
>Released Arcanum and TotEE before VTMB

Attached: 1543619999704.png (492x317, 17K)

Brujah are rabble rousers, they can't not interfere and in that sense have a lot in common with the Ventrue, they just focus on the other end of town. They also have a pretty short lifespan as Anarch/Sabbat Brujah are not above mass embracing for cannon fodder. They tend to come in packs. Their powers are all about what would be useful in a riot.

Gangrel on the other hand nomads, drifters and wanderers. Their powers are geared toward survival, especially survival on your own. Gangrels tend to choose people who fight back when they are feeding to turn in to other Gangrels and then dump them on their ass before checking in on them a few years later. If they are still alive they will show them the ropes. Gangrel value autonomy, personal space and not being fucked with. They have a much higher lifespan than Brujah (if they survive the first few years) and a surprisingly deep oral history which means that when the younger ones care to listen to their elders they just might hear first hand accounts of events that everyone else only knows second hand or through rumour.

They are both rough and physical but almost opposites with regard to character.

There is literally one in the trailer

ah shit this actually makes sense, how else are they gonna trick the system for you not to have to go back for a refill every few days...

that's a fairly good point

i think most of us 4channers would be claimed by the fugly nosferatu so we could shitpost for the rest of eternity

Attached: 1489697265978.jpg (810x1080, 97K)

VTMB 2 voice cast featuring
Nolan North
Troy Baker
Ashly Burch
The guy who voiced the gruff male nord voice in Skyrim

Those games were not particularly big

We had a literal cow in the trailer you autistic falseflag poster.

Attached: 1420413035528.jpg (526x300, 52K)

pics

Opening teaser says otherwise.

i still can't believe this n64 tier game had better animations than mass effect andromeda

Attached: 146586 - 3D Damsel Shaotek Source_Filmmaker Vampire_The_Masquerade _Bloodlines.png (1280x643, 1.31M)

>Temple of Elemental Evil
>The game that NOBODY PLAYED because it wasn't Baldur's Gate 3

>4channers
Get cancer and suck hiro's pencil penis.

Attached: 1547347797423.jpg (210x212, 8K)

>other clans do x
>malkavians do Y
oh so in other words, tailor the entire game for one clan which the majority of players wont even choose. this is not reasonable use of developer effort.

i think it was more like how you utilized your mortal experiences in your current lives
like how the Texan rebelboo historian example character quickly became obsessed with True Brujah
or how the industry lobbyist who was embraced as punishment by a Sabbat Gangrel became a 'favor broker' for his coterie

yeah fuck off tranny

Look it up yourself retard. Trailer is like two minutes long.

>not 4channelers

This picture is one of three and it makes me sad I didn't save the other two.

Just fuck my budget up.

Are you clinically retarded?

Attached: 1554110427440.jpg (808x720, 240K)

You are new here if you don't think that most people ITT won't have at least one Malkavian runthrough.

what is that chin and bone structure O.o
is this mass effect andromeda all over again?

Honestly what would you say has the best voice cast? I always loved Fable 3's B-list British actors.

kys yourself my man

Temple of Elemental Evil is the best game ever made using 3.5E rules. But I can only imagine how confusing it must be for someone with no previous knowledge in it. It was also broken as fuck when it was released. I couldn't even loot enemies with my physical copy of the game without patching it first.

that's just Christina Hendricks' face

Did you even watch the trailer?

He probably means for the games he has worked on, all like 3 of them.

this
>tfw doing juggle combos with 5 celerity

Is there a problem?

source 2 (albeit a shitty early version)
hand-made animations
Andromeda on the other hand is a very good example of expensive tech in the hands of untrained retards
read Schreier's article, i think it's simplistic and it tries to hard deflect blame from Bioware's workers, but read between the lines and it'll become apparent that Bioware simply doesn't have trained tech people

Neverwinter Nights 2 spits upon you.

No, you give other clans benefits as well so each play style is unique and excels in certain areas. Brujah would lack a lot of ulterior means of doing quests but absolutely destroy everything head on. Toreador easily dominate the social options the game provides for many benefits. Tremere get fucking Blood magic.

Malkavians would be the choice that makes getting to your goal alive easy and open the players eyes to vague and hard to miss options for completing a level, but if you fuck up with these hints the Malkavian lacks the brute force or charisma to deal with trouble.

Attached: Malkavian.jpg (500x317, 33K)

Gangrel

Attached: gangrel.jpg (200x260, 11K)

the Bamham games had a really good voice cast

Gangrel are loners, content to carve out their little niche in the world and chill
Brujah are rabble rousing niggers

Where to?

Attached: caine.png (500x500, 221K)

Nosferatu would be my pick for DLC - and maybe even Malkavian if they want to change up their gameplay significantly.

>tfw going up against another vamp with celerity
>the game turns into the matrix

Attached: 1553784574171.png (1347x822, 260K)

and made her look ugly, so it is mass effect andromeda

Attached: 13-christina-hendricks.w330.h412.jpg (330x412, 36K)

Is there a full scan of the PC Gamer article?

Malkavian

Attached: 1554108081101.jpg (1430x645, 177K)

WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US?

Lasombra

Attached: VampireLasombra.jpg (746x1024, 94K)

I really hope Yukie is in
I liked her quest and allying with a Hunter is cool

It's a good game for sure. Hell, Mask is one of the best role-playing experiences I've ever had. But it doesn't do justice to the ruleset as much as Temple.

PRINCE CROSS GET DOWN!

kind of hated how you can only be rude to him

>that chin
Vamp 2 looks like an improvement tbqh

Lol what a shitty game. they gonna sell a bunch of clans as DLC. and besides ability it will only change one string in the game.

tremere

they're canonically the most powerful clan, choosing anything else is retarded

Tremere chad keikaku'ing everyone of course.

Chadador.

Toreador. I like the contradiction of being a passionate dead thing. And going fast.

tremere are being manipulated by Saulot tho

they're basically fancy pawns to a Jesus wannabe vampire

>wanting to be Zao-lat's most recent toy
We are really not so different, you see. We are all Malkav’s get.
And we will yet be Malkav

>One of them survived a beating from a True Brujah
I mean, that's the only piece of information in there that's not pure cringe .

Don't kid yourselves anons. Malk is gonna be paid dlc.

I can dream damn you

Attached: 1554325157199.png (1277x1023, 1.26M)

They've said that they won't be charging for extra clans so take from that what you want

>they're canonically the most powerful clan, choosing anything else is retarded

The Tremere? You mean those puppets of the Salubri?

>Zao Lat the liar
>jesus
Malkavians know better
>A few of the echoes speak of Saulot in words and impressions that flood me with unasked-for thoughts of the Eater — echoes of Saulot as a devourer, a thing that could feed on the very land itself, or perhaps even on souls. It would seem appropriate if he could devour souls. He was so very hungry for enlightenment.

not a fan of the mandatory first person view

Durance in PoE is pretty good. As is Grieving Mother, but I know that's a more controversial opinion. Even more controversial than that I think that Lonesome Road and Ulysses are fine and their awfulness, at least from a writing standpoint, is extremely overblown on here.

what are true brujah, really?
i thought all they do is cry about Carthage and how current Brujah are ghetto trash

What piece of Lacroix exactly will return?

Trujah are a horrible piece of lore that should be forgotten.
And all regular Brujah cry about Carthage.

Honestly the fact that you were always given the option to either tell Ulysses to shut the fuck up or even insist that you aren't the man he thinks you are made me alright with a lot of LR's writing.

LaCroix coming back would be a fucking great moment but I can't see it being justified. I can see Pisha having the same role of showing up in a creepy building, asking for a couple of artefacts and then fucking off. Maybe you can see the Giovanni book and the fetish in her collection or something.

Why gary never gave a yukie poster?

Avellone last worked on Prey 2017, which he wrote big chunks of. Ignoring the NEW GAME BAD attitude toward it for its (unwilling) part in burying the old Prey and Prey 2, the game had really fucking solid worldbuilding and really good character writing, albeit shitty dialogue in a lot of places.

Attached: tumblr_pow025YdAr1wueik0o1_1280.jpg (1212x1212, 232K)

>LaCroix

Eh, I think as a player with a new character, I'd react wayy to much to him. Like I know he's a lier and would actively try to kill him, which is the kind of baggage I'm sure they don't want from BL1.

True Brujah are emotionless time travelers, more closely in line with the cold Antedeluvian Brujah instead of his passionate usurper Troile who gave the Brujah their famous demeanor. They seek to destroy the clan from the inside in order to avenge their sire

They're kinda like the Brujah version of the Nosferatu Enkidu

Just months earlier he did Dead Money, which was probably some of his best work.
I think he got a bit tired of fallout in the end, the tunnelers were a massive fuck you to the player.

The poor moments I chalk up to Arkane desu
They have loads of that in their new games, bioware levels of fags and shit, but I forgive them because they are Arkane and the only big money studio that makes these games anymore.

All I want is to be able to play a Lasombra and use Obtenebration to a reasonable extent. Yes, I know it's reworked into something called Oblivion. I'm still not going to bother addressing it like that.

Attached: lasombra_by_bellabergolts_dcexz6s.jpg (1666x1706, 261K)

I JUST WANT A GAMEPLAY TRAILER

>DLC releases
>Malk comes free

E3 I'm sure. Along with some Clan stuff and more revealing interviews.

I would love a mechanic where you can submerge in to and travel along/teleport through shadows. Thematically they overlap too much with Ventrue and we all know Ventrue will be one of the playable clans.

his penis, in honor of his favorite emperor Napoopan

But will you be able to dance?

Attached: ISOLATED.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

I'm telling you man, if there's no Malk on the base game people are going to lose their fucking minds. It's just not worth the backlash.

>bioware levels of fags and shit
Personally I don't normally give a shit about that stuff unless it's actively thrust in your face as clear virtue signalling (See V5 and Rudi) but I will say that Prey's mix of races and genders is accurate if only because it's a caricature of the Space Race era when a shitload of foreign scientists were all but kidnapped by the US and the Soviets (Whom, in the Preyverse, combined) for their knowledge. In fact it would be weird for a society built out of that to be all-white and all-straight.

Prey at least didn't shove it in your face anyway and Morgan is only gay if you play female Morgan (and as we know fellow Yea Forumsedditors, it's OK when it's lady gay). Dishonored 2 overdid it with how they reshaped Billie Lurk to basically be the Arch-Representative For All Minorities though. Her just being some dark-skinned street tough made sense because it collaborated with the racism of the time period, but a one-armed one-eyed multi-racial gay revolutionary with a boat and stuff? Went too far and made me not give a shit about the character anymore.

Emily being the protag in DH2 is something I'll defend though, purely because it was a logical leap from DH1 (especially if you weren't a faggot and played High Chaos). I'm just sort of surprised they even let you play as Corvo and didn't just do the DEAD DAD plot regardless of player wishes.

Attached: 46462815_378245179603011_6140232561152444005_n.jpg (1080x1350, 118K)

I'm here alone....

They can be differentiated the most, IMO, if the devs focus on the Abyss mysticism aspect of Lasombra, letting you really indulge in all that Obtenebration has to offer.

Attached: carmen-cornet-gratiano-de-veronese-by-ccornet-dbd6c5b.jpg (1118x1772, 232K)

>Obtenebration
user, I...

Attached: 1532607639843.jpg (663x579, 38K)

Yeah but they won't. We will get Ventrue and Tremere which will make Lasombra seem redundant when they can be reduced (unfairly) to goth Ventrue mages. They only have a limited number of clans to choose from so I expect they are going to try to avoid thematic overlap so I doubt we will get both Brujah AND Gangrel either cause they are both seen as fisticuffs class and they only need one.

Lasombra lost Obtenebration, get with the times gramps.

...in isolation

They'll save Gangrel for the Werewolf expansion

If they lean heavily on animalism and really flesh it out then that could be great I guess.

The biggest question I have is what generation will the player character be? In bloodlines you were already a quite powerful gen 8 vampire.

Attached: 1554130703127.jpg (768x920, 55K)

Thinblood

I wanted a Werewolf game instead.

I mean Portean

I really want to use protean again!

I WILL PLAY A CUTE TREMERE TWINK THAT HAS SEX WITH CUTE GHOULS

Attached: 1552123224872.png (1450x1900, 1.81M)

You're a Thin Blood who gets a clan later on. So maybe through Diablerie. So who knows

>Vandal Cleaver
>literally holding a CLEAVER

It was announced a year ago.

Attached: wwta.jpg (1076x1200, 166K)

Ah so we're fucked?

Attached: 1553840605957.png (562x399, 410K)

Thinblood, generation 15. Which I think personally is a massive mistake.

>Diablerie
What's that I smell? Could it be a blood hunt?

>Cyanide
Jankino.

see
>This is probably because you start as a thin blood and diablerize someone to join a clan, and your player-character has a selectable backstory like in the Plus Patch apparently.

Sanctioned Diablerie is a thing in V5 for obedient Thin Bloods. Get with the lore grandpa

What the fuck. Did more info come out of this?

i'm left, but this whole debacle is fucking retarded. the other day I saw people complaining how some clans are racist since their inceptions have real life counterparts.

reminds me of how people accused tolkien of racism since he made dwarves similar to the jews.

As long as you stick to fighting humans who don't use shotguns you should mostly be fine. Interview said that about 1/3rd into the game you will pick a clan to be initiated to by some unknown means. The common theory is a sanctioned Diaberalie for your performance in the first part of the game. From there it's implied the game branches heavily based on clan.

Attached: VampireAnimalism.png (482x324, 82K)

such disingenuous marketing happening in this post.
there will be no main weapons beyond melee, and all guns will be pick up and drop only.
don't believe their lies.

Pretty sure its dead. Been like a year since we got info.

isn't it basically just bait to keep Thinbloods obedient, and almost never happens on either side

But you got that information from statements they've made

Nope, still quiet. Only thing we know is that it lacks character customization and that we instead have to play the role of a premade werewolf. Whatever the fuck that entails. Ironically we know more about the new Bloodlines than this, and this might just be abandonware at this rate considering we haven't heard shit about it since it was announced.

Operative word being "almost", a player character being a special exception is nothing new.

Last news was in November announcing a 2020 release, but until I see a trailer or gameplay then yeah who knows.

The concept of selling clans as DLC is annoying honestly. That just means:

>the base game will hardly show the DLC clans so they'll feel shoehorned in once added
>the DLC clans will be overpowered in some way because Paradox is fucking stupid and has a notoriously terrible approach to DLC

It's the biggest problem with the game currently and has a big chance of ruining the experience for me.

It's implied to be yeah but there's lines about their blood "thickening" in that same bit of text. I can only imagine that means lowering your generation.

(you)

Attached: 57DE041A-A73B-474F-9E59-659DBF61D62E.png (1204x1280, 1.2M)

>gun skills
It's clear that the game favors improvisation for weapons, so I guess melee weapons will also break.
Jam your attribute points into clan specific skills, kiddos.

>and all guns will be pick up and drop only.
Most guns. I feel like that quote is wildly misinterpreted. My guess is relatively weak side arm weapons are going to stick with the character. One of the preorder bonuses is an engraved pistol. Stuff like AUGs or a flamethrower, it doesn't make sense to casually carry around downtown Seattle. So those powerful weapons will be temporary use. As will be large weapons like Sledgehammers or Fire axes.

>Only thing we know is that it lacks character customization and that we instead have to play the role of a premade werewolf
Dropped.

Frankly most political analysis serves as an agenda, because those people have a pre-set ideology (which to them is simply the world) and interpret all things through this. This cuts in all ways, but ensures that all things are political, because politics is all encompassing. Obviously VtM and the WoD more generally ARE political, but always in a particular context. Like in V5 they had Rudi and Rudi's army, which has a place, but the problem is it seems like an ideological bent because there is no blowback from their actions. Like; do you think that groups associated with breaking the masquerade and overzealously interfering in the mortal world for political reasons would be tolerated? The Camarilla classes having a mobile phone as a masquerade violation nowadays, actively beating people up for political ends is a BIG fucking no-no. I hope that's what BL2 does, it can have these kinds of ideas or reactions to BL1, but has them in the context of organic growth from the WoD and not just shoehorned in garbage which was clearly put in their due to ideological reasons which have no basis in the WoD.