Steam is actually finished

Steam is actually finished.

Attached: Borderlands.jpg (1893x949, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/BORDERCHAD /
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games
youtube.com/watch?v=TyeXU1SBGEI
youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how the fuck can one guy have his threads fill half of the catalog
jesus christ mods get a grip

Perhaps your tears fuel him.

I know they fuel you. Shouldn't be too hard to ban you even though you use proxies

Why do you keep bumping your own thread you falseflagging faggot.

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna it pirate teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK I'M COOL! DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: eu3i.png (701x649, 23K)

unlike epic store which is a broken unfinished piece of shit

BASED

As shit as Epic is, it's unironically good it's here.
2 main reasons:
- Valve might wake the fuck up
- It made pirating great again

It's called Borderlands 3 because it's only going to sell 3 copies.

30 million*

Oh shit, Randy just announced that it's going to be released on another platform.

Attached: 1553073324956.png (846x1080, 1.35M)

winnie the pooh

>- Valve might wake the fuck up
Wake up to what?
Epic is not competing by making games, they are simply bribing people, if Valve answers at all, it will be by bribing them back.
What do I earn from that?

>tfw didn't really like any of the borderlands games that much. they were decent at best
>this opinion of mine was shared large and wide
>yet now people are acting like borderlands 3 is going to be a guaranteed GOTY or something
did I miss something? borderlands isn't even a good series

Attached: 1532734903272.jpg (500x511, 52K)

>Epic is not competing by making games
Not only are they competing by making games (Fortnite, you might have heard of it), but they're competing by being the number #1 engine of choice for AAA developers, they're competing by offering the best rate of return on Unreal Marketplace content and they're competing by offering the best rate of return to developers and publishers who sell on the Epic Store.

Meanwhile Steam released Artifact lol

What other games can I play on the Epic launcher? I dont play Fortnite, never been a fan of Metro, and Im very picky on indue games. Borderlands Ive always played solo, so Im thinking if its good Ill get it somewhere else after the timed exclusive.

outer worlds and those sony movies

> Valve makes games
Stopped reading there.
Also read the second part of the post.
If you think your wallet will benefit in the long run, you're clearly mistaken. Prices are only going up. Steam started it and the devs want more profit too. Except for a few select games, the ones on Epic don't have a lower price, despite the higher cut they get.
Remember when 39€ or $ was the most you were paying on PC? Yeah it's long gone my friend. We're getting closer to console prices.

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/BORDERCHAD /

Attached: 1530587348767.gif (575x420, 507K)

So, basically, all things that do not benefit me if Valve were to respond?
Why would I care?
How would I benefit from Valve making a better engine? How would I benefit from publishers getting mroe money?
I wouldn't, that's why I oppose it.
Give me instant, direct benefits or I will actively oppose any change.

Where did I say that Valve makes games?
I'm saying that Epic is competing with shit that, if Valve were to respond to, none of us earn anything.

>Prices are only going up.
Not really, I bought a DMC5 CD Key for $30.

fortnite is not something to brag about. you shouldn't even associate with those who "play" it.

>only a 6 month of exclusive
>meanwhile Halo will NEVER be on the Epic Store

maybe on consoles

>How do I benefit from devs who couldn't afford to make games before suddenly being able to afford to make games
>How do I benefit from devs having more money to spend on development
>How do I benefit from devs being less reliant on greedy fucking publishers

Gee user, I don't know, it's almost like you're fucking retarded.

Why won't these underage kiddies at least put some effort into trolling? These days they just copypaste template posts with one sentence.

>but they're competing by being the number #1 engine of choice for AAA developers
What AAA game other than Gears of War even uses the Unreal Engine?

Attached: 1451544407169.png (592x557, 430K)

>How do I benefit from devs who couldn't afford to make games before suddenly being able to afford to make games
If they had talent and passion they are already in the industry.
That 18% cut is not going to change much, it just means the 1% gets a bit richer.
And it's not like this is industry-wide, it's literally only on Epic's launcher.

>How do I benefit from devs having more money to spend on development
Even more?
They already spend hundreds of millions on development, the problem with Triple As is that they spend way too much money on them.
And since when does a bigger budget mean higher quality?

>How do I benefit from devs being less reliant on greedy fucking publishers
That doesn't change anything, look at indie games, 99% of them are complete trash.

So basically, nothing, the only people who benefit from this are publishers, which is why I will actively opposite it.
The less money publishers get, the better.

Only thing I'm excited for is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and it seems nobody has heard of it.

It’s fucking shocking that it’s been happening for this long

>look at all these hypotheticals that have nothing to guarantee you that they will improve videogame quality
Give me direct benefits or fuck off.

Not the other user, but off the top of my head, Yoshi's Crafted Word, Tekken 7, Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Street Fighter V, ARK, Dragon Quest XI, Hellblade, Kingdom Hearts 0.2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, PUBG, Psychonauts 2, Darksiders 3, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Insurgency, Life is Strange 2, Octopath Traveler, Soulcalibur VI, Spyro Trilogy, Ace Combat 7, Shenmue 3 and that's just Unreal 4 and I guarantee you there's a lot fucking more.

>What AAA game other than Gears of War even uses the Unreal Engine?
Are you fucking serious?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

>Epic Games Store
>Gets shit ton of games
>Valve
>Fell for VR meme
OH NONONONONO

Attached: 523626.png (1511x998, 656K)

shitloads

Sorry that you're too much of a brainlet to see the bigger picture champ, bit your mental disability isn't my concern.

What bigger picture?
Oh look, those shitty high budget games?
Maybe now they'll be able to have a higher budget, so they can advertise their lootboxes even more.
Or maybe a few more indie devs will come here to fill the industry with more shovelware.
Yeah, really nice.

This industry needs to crash hard and be reborn like in the 80s and remove all current game developers.

>steam is finished because developers are using an origin tier distribution service to hide the fact that their games are shit

Attached: 1396510880623.gif (256x256, 13K)

>AAA

>Gets shit ton of shit games*
FTFY, name a single AAA game on EGS that has been confirmed good.

As I said, sorry that you're too much of a brainlet to see the bigger picture champ and autistically screeching about your own cherry picked examples really isn't convincing, in fact it just reinforces everything I just said.

So, no argument beyond delusionally thinking that more money is what videogame development needs.
How come the quality of videogames exponentially decreases the higher the budget is?

Nigger no one is going to take you seriously after the rest of your posts.

Reminder.

Attached: 1554358600246.jpg (606x245, 21K)

Oh no, my feelings are so hurt.

soon epic will stop supporting fartnite and move on other projects ya know

Based literalywho

So, no arguments beyond delusionally thinking that more money is what game development needs, even though budgets are already stupidly bloated?
Exactly, as expected from an Spic shill, just mindlessly sucking off developers.

Why would they when it makes so much money?
And why would Epic work on anything that isn't the latest fad?

Call me when they develop something decent.
After all, they are known mostly for giving birth to a fuck ton of generic third person shooters in the 7th gen.

no one is taking you for anything then a shill, publishers getting more money is not a good thing, publishers are by and large the worst part of the videogame industry. this is rewarding bad behavior.

Daily reminder that Epic claimed to have 85 million registered users yet only 4.5 million bothered to download Subnautica (a free game lol) from their launcher. Imagine how many games they would actually sell haha

I like how you just glossed over the arguments presented to you then autisticly screen about your own cherry picked bullshit and expect people to take you seriously.

Guess what, they don't, and i'm guessing they never have and never will.

>using fortnite as a badge of honor
just stop posting man

Attached: anti_mage_face_palm.jpg (500x500, 103K)

its okay. with the amount of money that Epic is promising publishers, i dont have to feel bad about piracy anymore because they get paid even if they sell 0 copies.

t. faggot who hasn't tried VR
If you had, you wouldn't be saying this stupid shit. Just wait until HLVR is announced on the 1st. You'll probably be raging that you won't have the hardware to play it.

who is this shit, and why should I care?

This, just look at Phoenix point.

Again, what arguments?

>cherrypicked
What did I cherrypick, exactly?

It's almost like you didn't read the part where developers getting a better return on their games means they're no longer reliant on publishers. Can you not read? Is that the problem here? Or is it your inability to think?

oh no what am I gonna dooooooo

>DUDE, DEVS GETTING MORE MONEY IS GOOD LMAO
Oh yeah, i'm going to be so happy those blue haired fatasses are getting more money.
Game developers are subhumans who need to be taught a lesson in humility.
You don't know how much joy I feel everytime I read how horrible their job is.
It's exactly the suffering they deserve to go through, even better when they go through all that just so that the entire community laughs at them.

And yet, I will still have the game without having it locked up with a shitty launcher.

Attached: PIRATE_MUSTARD_RICE.png (976x658, 272K)

they developed the unreal engine

You seem awfully mad about a store you don't care about full of games you don't care about.

I'm not convinced you're being truthful.

they're all shills. borderlands is the most boring fps ive ever played

they are already getting a fine return. anti-consumerist shit like this has to stop.

>operencia
That's pretty cool, didn't know they were making a game about hungarian folklore
It's gonna be comfy

So?

>guys im 14 and i found a twitter screenshot, reply to me please
fuck off

No, I care about modern videogames, I care about seeing them all fail because all videogames released since 2007 has been garbage.
Everytime a classic developer like Visceral dies it's always good news.

Videogame developers are all entitled millennials who deserve nothing but failure in their lives.

>they are already getting a fine return
That's a joke right? Most AAA developers are on way below average wages and most indie devs are literally working for less than minimum wage.

I have 0 (zero) friends, should I buy GOTY version of Borderlands 2 or buy the Handsome Collection for $14?

Attached: here i am.jpg (1000x1250, 315K)

>So?

I would use Epic launcher if it had the same amount of features as the Steam store

But it's as barebones as something like Uplay. Maybe even MORE barebones. It has absolutely nothing.

>i hate talking to people but i love posting on the internet
>thats why i only make vague comments and act superior
fuck off to reddit

GAMERS RISE UP

>That's a joke right? Most AAA developers are on way below average wages
this literally has nothing to do with video games and everything to do with american "culture"
>indie games (making a game in my bedroom) doesnt come with an hourly minimum wage :^((
woah it doesnt??? woah so you're saying sometimes people have like hobbies?? wow......

you would not use the epic launcher at all if the same game was already on steam

I don't give a fuck about this thing

Get the Handsome Collection, you get all three games + DLC and you can always find randoms or anons to play with.

How come Epic shills are incapable of offering arguments, and they can only suck publisher cock?
How come the 30% is suddenly a problem?

why is emma roberts perfect?

So, no argument, what a surprise.
Yeah, thanks for developing an engine full of texture popping and that has yet to be used by a decent videogame, I guess.

>All games are made in america
>Indie developers don't need to eat or pay bills
You are a special kind of simple.

The fact that i am statistically more likely to get my personal information/credit card stolen from the Epic Games Store than if I pirated the game will never not be funny.

>be chinese
>be low IQ and dishonor to family
>cant even get a job stacking shelves or flipping burgers
>spend all free time on reddit
>suddenly EGS launches and the chinese man wants to work for VIDEO GAMES
>to his surprise, he is offered a job
>"go on Yea Forums and spam it with threads about how awesome our launcher is, and deny any evidence they post about our anti-consumer practices. valve is evil, not us"
>"But sir, it is a moderated forum"
>laughter fills the building
>"Yea Forums has no mods you faggot, now get posting or you're fired"
makes sense to me

Is that their front page? Literally only Satisfactory seems interesting but I don't like autism simulators. The rest are just shit.

most AAA developers are in america retard
also in my post i made it specifically very clear that indie developers DO need to eat and pay bills, dont know how you ended up with the exact opposite meaning, english-to-chinese translator acting up?

Vr will save them!

Why would anyone care about indie devs when the vast majority of indie games are absolute garbage?
Oh no, how bad will I feel for a corner of the industry that shits out nothing but games like those turds you would find on Flash sites for free 10 years ago.

the 30% is suddenly a problem because journos with friends in the industry suddenly decided it was a problem....but only for steam. No one cares that Sony, MS, Nintendo, Apple, or Google also charge 30% on their storefronts. Its just the evil monopoly STEAM.

BL always gets marketed on Yea Forums

Attached: 1520317647537.jpg (300x440, 33K)

This.
The first Borderlands got one of the most obnoxious shilling campaigns ever in Yea Forums

cool. Another game to pirate

It's always been a problem, but because the industry was controlled by greedy fucks there was never an alternative.

Now there is.

Why do mods not give a fuck about marketers and shills and redditors anymore? give me back my authoritarian dictatorship please

Probably because the only game that gets countless threads and generals are indie games. Right now it's Risk of Rain, before that it was Kenshi etc.

You sound awfully like a Chink.

What exactly is happening here?

Attached: 1553429214105.jpg (716x520, 69K)

Shilling

just look at the art
the teaser trailer was kino
look at the cover art too
pic related is created the most hype for me

Attached: rhyswallpaper.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

>some faggot thinks I'm a scumfuck bastard
I'm totally ok with that.

chinks live in a communist dictatorship lardo
authoritarian would be [germany] or west germany
you CAN tell the difference, right?

a videogame board is discussing videogames

do these people not understand that what they think only matters if you respect the person saying it?

making EGS threads guarantee free (yous)

*blocks your path*

Attached: halo-mcc-halo-3-chief.jpg (1600x900, 388K)

How can a human STILL not understand a VERY BASIC rule of communication, which is that, the more desperate you are to be believed, the more people think you are lying?
>haha its finished
>guys everyone its finished
>listen please everyone its important trust me
>hello? steam drones? finished?
im not asking how could anyone fall for it, cause no one has, im asking what are they even expecting by posting like this, are they not aware how obvious it is?
is it some weird double bluff where they think instead of getting Yea Forums to like it, they should TRY to get Yea Forums to hate it, so they think about it more?
i just dont get it anymore chaps

i was wrong when i said borderlands was the worst shooter ever
thanks for correcting me

ITS STORM EAGLEEEEEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=TyeXU1SBGEI

What don't you understand?
Making fun of retards (steam fags) is entertaining.

There's really nothing more to it than that. I mean have you ever seen Yea Forums this wound up? I sure as shit haven't. Steam fags just endlessly take the bait, if they didn't this shit would have stopped months ago.

Attached: based.jpg (718x628, 74K)

Doesn't matter what you think
Halo is more popular than memelands

>[china] is merely pretending
i hope you didnt believe that when you typed it

Isbit true that you can't play games offline on epic?

Ching Chong never ever have the experience of PS or Xbox, ofc you will never know how Halo feel like

>Epic is not competing by making games
Oh the irony. When was the last time Valve made a game?
Fucking Valveshill.

I have never given a shit about Borderlands and I'm not about to start now.

Attached: 1529649453225.gif (270x200, 277K)

>install steam
>install epic store
>play games without bitching about them
>whoah

>Oh the irony. When was the last time Valve made a game?
less than a year ago you mad autistic bitch
reminder that valve drones literally do not exist, no matter how much epic shills want someone to point the finger at

at the start i used to post this in every thread, but when it was discovered that EGS searches almost all your steam files and your internet cookies etc without your consent, i was like HA
i'm not even a paranoid neet with loads of gay shit on my computer, just think its funny that EGS keep trying all these different angles to pull in audience BEFORE just trying to make a bloody good game
tl; dr
fuck china fuck america fuck you

Read the entire post, the point is that, since they are not making games, Valve is not going to make games to compete, they are going to start bribing developers themselves.
What the fuck do we gain from that?

Steam searches the exact same things.
Load up Process Monitor some time, check for yourself.

It's only for 6 months.

Attached: 1554349639255.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

>steam searches your steam files so its okay
>i also didnt address the "without consent" part of your post
there is actually an IQ requirement to reply to me, sorry

Attached: uhhh.jpg (248x244, 15K)

Honestly he's right. These steamfags pirating it just because it's not their valve hugbox can kill themselves.
If you're a general pirate then that's cool.

>Steam searches the exact same things.
no, it doesn't
>check for yourself
I and others already did

>2K
Was already not going to be purchasing it, but unfortunately that means I'm a mute statistics. Here's hoping those that dislike EPIC's shenanigans will stick by their guns for 6 months.
I doubt they will but oh well.

I'll be absolutely shocked if 2K put RDR2 on Epic only though, given it's sheer monumental, and continuous sales of GTAV on steam.

nobody gives a shit what you think

>hits pipe
>is there anything more cucked than playing a borderlands games
>you pay gearbox who employs both randy pitch ford and anthony burch
>randy will use the money to watch live sex chat streamers and fund his magic hobby
>anthony will use it to pay a bull to fuck his wife and buy a nintendo switch
>the money will also be used to develop more games like duke nukem and battleborn
>and if youre buying on epic it will go into making more dab emotes for fortnite
>and then your info will be sold to china
>and all so you can grind for unsatisfying loot in a game with the worst writing and gunplay

Attached: bilbo-and-gandalf.jpg (960x408, 40K)

Statistically, there will be at least a couple people finding out about how scummy the Epic store is on a daily basis.
Whether they are pure newfags lurking or just people that have been out of the loop for whatever reason.
Their goal with the constant saturation of threads is to make the regulars stop giving a shit about providing arguments to their points and leave them unchallanged except for "Fuck off chink" style posts.
If we had uncompromised mods / janitors that actually did their jobs, we wouldn't have to worry about such blatant shilling like this, but without that we simply have to keep pointing out their bullshit.
If nothing else, come up with a pasta involving the main points and dump it in any shill thread you see.

>a year or two ago
>see bl2 labeled as sjw shit when sjw was the hot buzzword
>now suddenly everyone likes borderlands
>youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w

VRshit doesn't count.
I'm talking about a real game.

>never seen Yea Forums as wound up as mildly chafed at Tencent fucking up the platform and vendor market for PC gaming
You haven't been here long friend.

underrated

Attached: its all made up.png (1016x554, 770K)

They also never address that a publisher can generate keys and sell them on other sites where they get a bigger cut.

>he doesnt know what satire is

>Keep hearing about all these steam fags
>Just see >95% of people shitting on EGS
>EPIC shills that won't fuck off spamming and bumping shit threads everywhere calling everyone steam drones etc...

People aren't wound up because they love steam, they're pissed off that every 10 minutes 3 new epic shilling threads are posted, probably by the same guy.

>t. didn't play the game, because this dialogue is said in as serious-a-fashion as Borderlands gets, and the entire related quest is chock-full of retarded SJW bullshit, like 30% of the dialogue in the game

YOU don't know what satire is.
That's not satire, that's cringey Tumblr "humour"

Yeah this whole notion of "Valve will make games again" is nonsense. Why would valve make games which take years to develop at best a handful, as a method to compete with EPIC buying off loads of games into exclusivity every month.

If forced to 'compete' in this corner the market monopolistic bullshit it'll be through bidding with publishers.
People who think it's devs packing their pockets full are moronic. It's the record breaking annual profit publishers pocketing it.

simbly eric

Looks like a stupid cartoony game.

Valve won't make real games again no matter what.
The fat fuck Gabe Newell is content to sit on his fat whale of an ass doing nothing rather than ever making Half Life 3 which is what everyone wants.

Funnily enough that doesn't stands out as all that bad nowadays; now 5 years later things are shoved down our throats much more blatantly, so that's just small potatoes comparatively to everything else.

>t. hasnt played the game and has an opinion on it from Yea Forums threads
how isnt it?, just because its not funny doesnt mean its still not an attempt at satire

Personally i love how every show on Netflix features the absolute rarest of interracial couplings; black male, white female, which is statistically absurdly rare, but it is the prevalent coupling in all Netflix originals.
>hmmm, wonder who might be doing this, and why?

Because it's not.
It's cringey nu-male hipster "humour"

Not the point I'm getting at, I was saying that to compete against this form of competition (Given by EPIC) by simply making your own games would be an extremely inefficient way to compete and unfeasible even if gamers think it's desirable.

Half life 3 won't be made because it's a hyped poisoned chalice which can only possibly be a disappointment and as such a PR mess for Valve. It'd be stupid from a business perspective to attempt it.
L4D3 on the other hand would probably be far more reasonable for Valve to suddenly drop to get attention going again, without crazy expectations.

no, pc gamers are pissed off that people won't stop bitching about what drm service the game they want is now tied to, and are happy to point out that this shit is irrelevant. shills are shitting on EGS and gamers just want to talk about FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

So yeah you might actually care about your privacy, but I bet there are a shitload of drones who use this argument, but still use social media, non-open source software, cellphones etc.
Suddenly this is a huge deal when u can use it in a pointless Yea Forums discussion about what is the worst sort of cancer? I remember when steam launched because I was a dedicated counter-strike player, it was literally pushed down our throats, now we just learned to accept that this tumor won't go away. The same will probably happen with the epic store if they keep having good exclusives.

I'm saying that no matter what happens Valve will never make real games again.

All they've been doing for years is make VR trash and Pay2win trash.

99% of these are shitty low budget indie games.
I asked for AAA.

Attached: 1553192703627.jpg (1280x1279, 302K)

>Pay2win trash
how is dota or csgo or tf2 paytowin again

Dota and CSGO are ancient at this point.
By pay2win I meant that stupid card game they released last year.

they're still being updated you know

this is not a thing people should be doing to get wealthy. that works just fine for me.

Irrelevant.
They're old games.

So? Nice goalpost moving.
>buhhhh they haven't done anything
>oh yeah that but I mean new and by that I mean new games and by that I don't mean card games or vr games

Publishers are reporting record profit margins quite regularly though... But it's the store fronts, which are negotiating with the publishers, not the Devs... That are holding the gate to the money...

Unfortunately as well it's in the publishers interest to keep devs hard up as hell as it continues dependency.
For Indie's as well, unfortunately they lack the capital to invest in the marketing to really get big, and most need the money up front not after development, which of course pushes them towards publishers who'll be writing up the contract.

>i define all human language
>everything i say is true
>if you disagree with me you are autistic
im so glad i met you

How am I moving the goalpost you retarded shill?
I'm saying that Valve hasn't made a real game in years, which they fucking haven't.

Last I checked Updates don't count as games.

>Its been SOOOO LONG since valve made a game
>no it hasnt
>NO card games dont count
>ok, no it hasnt
>NO NO that doesnt count either
>uhh okay retard
>LOL. LOL THE SHILL REVEALS HIMSELF. HAHAHA. HAHA I AM EPIC.

Attached: 4chan police.jpg (640x626, 187K)

I dunno. I played and really enjoyed the original borderlands, but I've had zero interest in playing either of the sequels. Not really interested in this one, either. Not that I would buy it for PC regardless, as I never do if I can help it.

China will grow larger.

kek

B-B-BUT ITS NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH THOSE USERDATA FILES PROMISE!

Did you even read the post at all?

And you think there's some kind of guarantee that whatever they make next will be as popular and profitable as fortnite?
They stumbled into that more by luck than anything, anyway.

It's not even about video games anymore
It's about American imperialism being taken by China

Sachiko on the frontpage AND on Yea Forums!

For the last 3 years people have been trying to hack reality be repeating a lie often and loud enough.
There's no reason to stop now.