Why do wRPG fans criticize jRPGs for having too many games that are braindead turn based or about god killing when...

why do wRPG fans criticize jRPGs for having too many games that are braindead turn based or about god killing when wRPGs have just as many as these two categories?

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

it's fun to piss off the weebs and watch them seethe

except they're unironic

Jealousy at their shit games never getting the recognition of the average JRPG. Nobody cares about WRPGs except Bioware & Bethesda shit

WRPG's have soul and are less cringe even when they do it

>WRPG's have BUZZWORD and are less BUZZWORD even when they do it
ok

wRPGs havn't had soul for almost 2 decades now

Meaningless buzzwords that are used to excuse them for being outdated & unplayable pieces of shit

that was fast

Seething weebs go mash A for another 200 hours

>BUZZWORD BUZZWORDS go mash A for another 200 hours

JRPGs being cringe isn't a buzzword it's a fact, show any JRPG screenshot to your dad and he'll think you're a faggot tranny in the making. Show a screenshot of a WRPG and he'll think of Conan and other high test adventure flicks

>games that are braindead turn based or about god killing when wRPGs have just as many as these two categories?
What are you talking about? WRPGs have always been primarily real-time, in fact the term is used to clarify how much action-focus there is compared to its ancestor term, CRPG. And even CRPGs had long since become real-time by the time WRPG started being thrown around.

The only time "WRPGs" were primarily turn-based was in the early days of CRPGs when there was really no JRPGs to speak of, and the Western designers were forced on a technical level to do turn-based stuff.

So yeah, JRPGs are literally just aping the primitive days of WRPGs, and making up for that technical lacking with fancy soundtracks, character designs and cutscenes (and at that point you'd be better off with an actual movie or anime for those features, hence why Spirit Within is the greatest JRPG of all times).

Why would you ever show your dad any game that you're playing when you're over drinking age
Fucking retard, he won't respect you no matter what if you do that

Attached: 1554225256482.png (583x256, 72K)

JRPGs although having good story, plot, and characters most of the time ends up forgetting about how to make the gameplay interesting 90% of the time.

As an experiment to demonstrate what's more cringe obv
>nintendofag
It all makes sense

the same thing applies to wRPGs

>what is underrail

True, this reminds me to a RPG I have played lately, I don't know the name but it's like a Dark Souls but with an underwater theme.
Anyone knows which game I'm talking about? It's a 10/10 game for me

Attached: 1546802284153.jpg (550x550, 20K)

You've been here too long fella

Attached: 1552463189467.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

Coping mechanism

JRPG gameplay tends to be slow-paced in contrast to WRPG's gameplay, fast-paced. WRPG also makes you feel like you're in control of the events by having you directly control the character instead of relying on RNG like with turn-based RPGs, how many times have I been so pissed that the boss hit a crit causing me to repeat the fight again.

They have no games so they have little to do

New Londo

JRPGs make them feel uncomfortable.

>relying on RNG like with turn-based RPGs
did you somehow miss the D20 era of wRPGs?

Forgive me. I thought the OP was talking about modern times where WRPGs are currently full of "soulslike" gameplay and the such when JRPGs still haven't moved on from their turn-based era.

>JRPGs still haven't moved on from their turn-based era.
most of the major jRPG releases this gen aren't even turn based, just P5 (ps3 game) and DQXI, octopath too I guess if you count that as a major one but that was deliberately made to be like a classic FF game

>WRPGs are currently full of "soulslike" gameplay
like what? I'm genuinely interested unless you think shit like witcher 3 is soulslike

By soulslike, what I mean is the same style of combat as souls games. In that regard, yes, I think Witcher 3 has soulslike """combat""".

then I disagree, witcher 3 is bamham shit, not soulslike combat