So Yea Forums which one? remember there's no such thing as a wrong opinion

so Yea Forums which one? remember there's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

Attached: smw_vs_smb3.png (1026x800, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/threads/super-mario-all-stars-is-a-truly-horrible-remake.1036207/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Super mario world was too hard for me. Super mario 3 felt better for me.

Attached: 1 - P5ziGXn.png (512x443, 88K)

3 was amazing by NES standards, and a true masterpiece. But SMW was pure kino and I would take it over 3 any day.

SMB3 has better controls but the levels are very short (because the game was designed to be completed in one sitting due to the lack of a save feature). SMW feels like you're platforming on ice but it's probably the better game overall.

Mario 3 is probably a little better overall, but if I had to play one for the rest of my life, I'd pick World for the movement options.

that's okay user, nobody will ever make fun of you or criticize you for saying that.

Dumb sissy anime boy.

no bully plz

3 has better level design and difficulty curve.
World has a better designed world map, better item implementation, and secrets.

Both are outstanding games and if you think either is legitimately bad, you're a faggot.

Attached: 1vwiEyB.png (437x553, 115K)

3 was good, but SMW is one of the greatest games ever made and one of the only legit 10/10s.

you tell em user

Unironically.

Attached: 300px-SMB2_NES_US_character_selection_screen.png (300x299, 43K)

Honestly when it comes to level design and all that they're both pretty kino
But for me, World's aesthetic pushes it over the edge, it's just so vibrant, innocent and happy

discard your opinion in the trash please

There is nothing wrong with SMB2, a fun game to play when time's limited and offers multiple playstyles for any run.

super mario world has more soul

um
*flips through meme book*
le soul

Super is so hilariously easy but at the same time it's final world/s is probably harder than anything in SMB3 (Unless you fly over outrageous you casual piece of shit)

>Akkoposter

Not even surprised

>World
>hard outside of like two special levels

this post changed my mind, i have a new view on this game now.

no bully, think about user's self esteem

>no bully
Fuck off, samefag.

>le pretending jap mario 2 is good

I prefer SMW, the secret exits gave me more of a purpose than just running to the right.

Ah, there's the wrong opinion

World, any one who says 3 is a boomer blinded by nostalgia .

3, anyone who says World is a zoomer blinded by nostalgia .

3. I've never liked World, felt really shitty compared to the NES games.

SMW
i think the main thing i dislike about smb3 is the music

Spotted the boomer

>soul
>boomer
>zoomer
I see the shitposters have arrived.

Good, hope you enjoy SMB2 now.

Attached: 1493882555219.gif (943x800, 128K)

I like SMB3 more because despite being more linear the attention to detail and the variety are unbelievable for a late 80s platformer, no wonder Nintendo had enough self confidence to get rid of all jap third parties with the N64.

Super Mario Bros 3 is objectively superior to Super Mario World.

There is no disputing this.

what do you mean? I'm just looking out for user.

never got to play jap version, just had a hard time with the us version as a kid

Thinking SMW is better is the wrong opinion.

You should replay it, the game isn't that long and now that your an adult the game should be no problem.

might as well

3 and it's not particularly close. 3's platforming, themes, and powerups kick the shit out of world. People only rate world so highly because muy overworld and multiple exits

Attached: 1527258554365.jpg (1100x3200, 1.15M)

>opinion

>fact

fixed

i refuse

Cherrypicked as fuck image aside, people tend to prefer World just because of how fluid the controls are, which is why is one of the most hacked games ever, this may have to do with how the NES is a bit of a bitch to make games for since the thing doesn't even do colors like any other console while SMW has a very straightforward editor but the point still stands. I don't prefer World to 3 but the controls of Mario + Yoshi are definitely the best thing to come out of it.

That's fine. It's okay to be wrong.

Why not both?

Attached: 1537787530861.png (866x600, 1.08M)

All of them are pretty good t.b.h. Is there actually a better streak of games in a vidya franchise than SMB3/SMW/Yoshi Island/Mario 64?

>inb4 soulless copypasta

you can't be wrong if you're denying opinions

>Mario World
>Yoshi’s Island
>Link’s Awakening
>Pokemon Ruby Saphire Emerald
>Windwaker
>Donkey Kong
Peak comfy

>tighter controls
>more skilled and satisfying movement options
>designed to be played in one sitting
>better aesthetics
>harder
i never got the praise this got. it was just a bunch of remakes with inferior controls and boring uniform aesthetics.

Attached: 1533564784077.gif (271x303, 2M)

>inferior controls
>only SMB is affected

>boring uniform aesthetics
Yeah, I hate how they reused this for everything. Oh wait.

Attached: allstars3.png (381x334, 45K)

That's actually the best looking game on the remake

Mario 3 all the way, simply put the music is better, the worlds have more variety than just dino world, and it just feels more interactive.

>uniform aesthetics
Only SMB and Lost Levels look alike. 2 and 3 have their own styles and World wasn't changed. Just say "I didn't like the backgrounds in All-Stars 3."

get that filter shit outta here faggot. disgusting

Attached: 1548130825418.jpg (619x597, 193K)

Attached: super_mario_world_sprite____remastered__by_rainbert_dbg2v9n-250t.jpg (351x250, 17K)

I'm convinced this is where they got Paper Mario's design from

I always thought 3 was harder than World, but maybe that's because I grew up with World and didn't play 3 much until later

I grew up with 3 and only found it slightly harder, and that was mostly due to it lacking a save feature. People mention Dark Land, but you can save up a bunch of P wings and cheese practically the whole thing Like Dark Land, Bowser Valley can be difficult without exploiting it by using broken ppwerups such as feather That fortress right before the shortcut kicks you in the dick if you don't have a cape feather.

Well, yeah.

Attached: MRPG64.jpg (500x309, 94K)

I felt like SMB3 had stronger theming in the levels as opposed to SMW. A lot of the levels in SMW blend together in my mind because they use the same tiles and enemies almost everywhere.

The physics are a bit better in SMB3 too, but the cape in SMW is fun as shit too.

It is when they're the wrong ones.

You can have the opinion that the earth is flat, but it's still wrong.
Just like how SMW being better than SMB3 is wrong.

I feel that the physics on SMW are a little bit floaty and I miss my shit more often.

why you gotta do this to me

user there's nothing wrong with liking Super Mario World. It's a good game and it would be wrong to deny anyone from it.
Just don't get the wrong idea and think it's better than Mario Bros 3.

I always felt SMW was overrated. Style over substance. SMB2 pips SMB3 for me as well though, the mechanics are more interesting.

SMB2 > SMB1 > SMB3 >>>>>>>> SMW

if i say smb3 is better than smw will you stop domestic abusing me

Only if you actually mean it.

okay smb3 is better than smw. now i can't feel the baby move.

shh, it's just sleeping user.

3 > World
3 had more variety in bosses and power ups

it ain't kicking anymore

This

I prefer Mario 3s quicker gameplay and faster levels to Worlds slower pace and longer, exploratory gameplay

SMB3 also understood the point of the overworld. The overworld is part of the game and has items that can only specifically be used there, such as the hammer or the music box. All subsequent Mario games have missed this point about overworlds.

new super mario bros is the only game i ever did a 100 percent completion, i will never have that experience again.

both amazing mindblowing games, but for me SMW takes it, it's just a clean and clear 10/10

Attached: 71866mPB6PL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 45K)

I just want another sprite based Mario sidescroller in the same vein as Sonic Mania that just drips passion and care. Super Mario Maker is almost like scratching a bug bite; it helps temporarily but then it just makes it worse and leaves you wanting more.

Attached: 1515981292145.jpg (651x962, 108K)

what
that game didnt include super mario world
you are thinking of super mario all-stars + super mario world
and yes, its the best one

This

3, for nostalgia reasons. I grew up broke with an NES and didn't get to play World until years later when I discovered emulation.

They're both good though, and I respect people choosing World over 3.

You're right that both are fantastic in their own right, but clearly people do have their preference. I like 3's better level design, art style, balance and variety more than I do World's better controls, camera, world map and secrets.

I will say I've gotten to appreciate World more over the years as some of its levels do take multiple playthroughs to fully appreciate. Vanilla Dome and Valley of Bowser have some outstanding levels.

World has a surprising amount of alternate bonus routes that serve literally no purpose due to being longer than the main path.

Attached: chocolate-secret.png (4096x3002, 176K)

NES 3 > World > SNES 3

3 had far better challenge and it handled its power ups better than world. Choosing between NES and SNES will depend on how much you want the quality of life saving option. Personally I like NES 3 more because of its color palettes. World has a lot of forgettable levels and the game is very easily broken by the cape.

Yeah, I know. Check out this part from Vanilla Dome 4 (the outdoor Mushrooms level with Bullet Bills), which comes right after Vanilla Dome 3, the level all about skulls on lava. It seems whomever made both levels had a lot of ideas for the skull raft and he couldn't implement all of them in just one level.

Funnily enough, the more expansive levels in the game with lots of different paths and bonus routes, the ones from Vanilla Dome and Valley of Bowser (including Chocolate Secret), are all pretty close together in SMW's internal level list. SMW only had 3 level designers so it seems it was just the work of one guy who had a lot of ideas.

Attached: Level1F5.png (1536x432, 35K)

There's also that level with the troll secret pipe that forces you to go left

neogaf.com/threads/super-mario-all-stars-is-a-truly-horrible-remake.1036207/

>In the original game and every port and remake besides this one, when Mario hits a block, he bounces back quickly with no loss of momentum. Not so here! In this shitty game, Mario is sucked up for a split-second, and goes straight up, and goes right back down, straight down; this tiny physics change, literally ruins the entire flow and balance of the game, making it a completely lesser and different experience. Instead of a seamless flow of gaming action, you constantly stop, and start, and stop, and start.
>this tiny physics change, literally ruins the entire flow and balance of the game