It's another Smash thread but it's about the soundtrack

Which series got fucked the hardest in terms of sound selection?

Attached: My_music.png (640x360, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3D1dI_yjTY
youtube.com/watch?v=EmUeqMnWmDY
youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M
youtube.com/watch?v=2I3KJp58Rfc
youtube.com/watch?v=2udFheMQDQI
youtube.com/watch?v=wmdnpbmM4pc
youtube.com/watch?v=SMDiy8g3HDs
youtu.be/Ak_p3Oqov08
youtu.be/mPOIX7g2kQE
youtu.be/RCjZTxGUzMI
youtu.be/9kwtT3H9eOQ
youtu.be/13oCXaj2H6E
youtube.com/watch?v=StAWjoJ_rv8&index=11&list=PLaj-smCOBsaBD4sbbZliMwWPr5aZZlWO-
youtube.com/watch?v=yNF2AKOtmY8&list=PLaj-smCOBsaBD4sbbZliMwWPr5aZZlWO-&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=SBP1Lxsj0wc
youtube.com/watch?v=mqww5ltonZw
youtube.com/watch?v=lYkVElaux80
youtube.com/watch?v=7mlC7-wIAZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=w2swoSYDIgo
youtube.com/watch?v=kH8SrilFRuU
youtube.com/watch?v=YYKBkGPYFZg
youtube.com/watch?v=3jMgtKL_cWg
youtu.be/7OeA_99ggX8
youtube.com/watch?v=LpYlJeH3xEc
youtube.com/watch?v=CT6PC3z-BLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Otj6khah0ng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your favorite series or whatever

does this board do anything but bitch and moan

FE has an astoundingly garbage selection.

bayonetta

Mega Man.
>only 20+ new remixes
>most of them from the classic series
Sad

>no metal gear rising music

mothers new tracks are poopoo

Pikmin

>expect brawl-tier soundtrack with amazing remixes from classics with an amazing range from tetris to actual popular songs getting in
>here's 30+ remixes from mario, zelda, kirby, megaman and DK series!

To be fair to DK, that series was really fucking overdue for some good shit. Its treatment in Ultimate is effectively an apology for what happened in Smash 4.

Attached: 1534400199624.gif (448x373, 1.99M)

Kirby
>The soundtrack is monopolised 90% by Sakurai's four games that he keeps jerking off to, ignoring the rest of the franchise despite it being 90% of the franchise overall.
Wario Land
>ONE ( 1 ) ported track from Shake It and that's it
But overall, most franchises in Smash just lack good boss themes. Where's my Plasm Wraith/Emperor Bulblax theme? Why do we need 10 remixes or so of 1-1?

For Pikmin they should have just ported all of Hey Pikmin's boss themes

>still only 1 song from Fates
>no End of All or Lost in the Waves
>no Twilight of the Gods
>every new remix is shit except id Purpose
Literally fuck over hard in music. Modding music in Ultimate when.

Attached: 1553186327216.jpg (1024x511, 35K)

final fantasy

Attached: 1497513278410.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

1. Xenoblade
2. Metroid
3. Wario
4. Sonic
5. Zelda

As a huge fan of Mega Man music, I want to say it got shafted, too, but Hard Man's theme is one of the 5 best songs in the entire franchise, so I can't really complain. Still needs all of MM9 and 10's stage music.

Attached: 1314941757545.jpg (668x567, 54K)

>Oh hey. Now's our chance to promote our biggest IP and win over new fans with our superb music.

>two songs.

It's their loss more than Nintendo's

I will always be upset about FF's representation in smash. Does Cloud even have a fighter spirit?

>Get a track from Heroes
>It's the fucking menu theme and not any of the Askr map themes

Attached: 1542645769734.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

I find the new songs to be a lot better than the dull MM songs in Sm4sh

He has two for both his FF7 and AC designs. They are also the ONLY FF spirits.

This is the only acceptable answer other than Metroid and Xenoblade.

Hell, I'd say Metroid had it the worst. Dark Samus didn't even get its' theme in the game, let alone any of the other stellar tracks from Prime.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3D1dI_yjTY

WHY WASN'T THIS IN SMASH? FUCK

Are there any flat zone songs available for unlock? I don't want to only have 2 songs

Nope, enjoy having the same amount of songs as Midgar

This coupled with the weird, limited set of Mr Game and Watch color swaps and his shittier forward air all combine to make me want to kill myself

Well yeah, since you have to get something for beating Classic with him, and of course his alt gets one. But they're not any official artwork of him at all, just his Smash renders since Square Enix apparently couldn't be assed to even give pic related.

Attached: Cloud-FFVIIArt.png (456x544, 181K)

Post the 5 tracks you'd want in the game along with your most wanted newcomer.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmUeqMnWmDY
youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M
youtube.com/watch?v=2I3KJp58Rfc
youtube.com/watch?v=2udFheMQDQI

And, of course
youtube.com/watch?v=wmdnpbmM4pc

Attached: 1550437041624.jpg (1024x432, 81K)

Because the travesty that is FF is too easy I'd say it would have to be something like Wario,Yoshi or Sonic. Most other answers here are too biased.

I find Streetfighters to be underwhelming, compared to all the songs they could have put in.

Not really. Dark Samus didn't even get its theme in the game. Hell, Metroid got shitall new tracks, even with 2 newcomers. The new Brinstar Depths is great, but that's like one of 3 new songs the series got, with one other being wasted on Fettuccine Force.

Xenoblade only got 3 new tracks, all from 2. Zelda got some tracks from BotW, but some of the older tracks were replaced with straight up worse versions, like Molgera's theme, and some of the Zelda music isn't even from any of the games, it's from the E3 trailer. Pikmin got nothing as well.

Anyone complaining about MM or FE are just biased. FF is too easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMDiy8g3HDs

Attached: 1531044302177.png (566x609, 428K)

Any series that doesn't even have music at all like Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Starfy, Frog Bell, Bomberman, Doshin etc...

Attached: 767657_mhpjwomeWp1rrftcdo1_250.gif (240x160, 217K)

This actually. We don't got a lot of good tracks but thank god for the after burner climax track

Metroid and Xenoblade still actually got new tracks, what did Wario get? Or how about the complete lack of Sonic remixes or anything new for Yoshi that isn't the awful New Island stuff?

No, why are you here?

Xenoblade got like 1 track more than Wario did, dude. Metroid got, what, the Fed Force song and Brinstar Depths?

Sonic is a little iffy, but I actually really like Fist Bump, and the tracks for the Sonic stages were already stellar.

>No Ai no Uta

Attached: e9811Q.png (464x280, 94K)

I thought Killing Moon was in. Such sadness.

What new songs did Wario get because I'm pretty sure they just added some back that they took out in 4. I'd take cool remixes of songs like Depths, Parasite Queen, and Ridley over just one dumb New Island song or once again Wario and Sonic's no remixes. I will admit though even standard Studiopolis is one of the best songs added in Ultimate though.

Classic has the best music so it's only natural

Unironically this

my only complaint is that some songs were removed, and some arent the full versions
where is the full version of the DK rap? where is RIght There Right On?

I'd say Metroid has a fine collection in terms of music from the 2D titles, but there's high potential for a lot of really good Prime remixes that they just don't want to cover for whatever reason.
youtu.be/Ak_p3Oqov08
youtu.be/mPOIX7g2kQE
youtu.be/RCjZTxGUzMI
youtu.be/9kwtT3H9eOQ
youtu.be/13oCXaj2H6E

Imagine if we had Brawl-tier remixes/arrangements for any of these themes. Instead we have three straight rips, one of which has a terrible voice over at the start, the other of which has a very mediocre remix that frankly sounds worse than the original(Parasite Queen)
Is it just because its American?

Attached: 20190214_231619.png (1000x1000, 1.72M)

> megaman didnt get a single battle network song for its stage
> all we got was starforce THE SEQUAL to battle network
> we could of had this in smash
youtube.com/watch?v=StAWjoJ_rv8&index=11&list=PLaj-smCOBsaBD4sbbZliMwWPr5aZZlWO-
youtube.com/watch?v=yNF2AKOtmY8&list=PLaj-smCOBsaBD4sbbZliMwWPr5aZZlWO-&index=12

we got cucked EXE bros

What Wario Land-specific tracks do you think have potential for great new renditions? Genuine question, haven't played any Land games since I was a wee lad

They still fucked up hard by leaving out the only good version of Jungle Japes that has appeared in Smash
youtube.com/watch?v=SBP1Lxsj0wc

>Megaman fag thinking he has any right to complain about music

FF for sure
Sonic is a close runner up.

i didn't want more classic megaman remix's
we could of gotten megaman osts from the other series's instead

They cut this? But this was music made FOR smash. I didn't think any of those would get cut.

The biggest thing that comes to mind right away is 4's escape music. Shake It has a solid soundtrack in general and I'd probably go for one of the boss songs,bamboozle village, or soggybog river from it. Also Greenhorn forest or the ruins from Wario World are just begging to be in Smash.

Different subseries with different fanbases man.
Classic Megaman fans are not necessarily Megaman X fans, Dark Matter Trilogy Kirby fans are not necessarily fans of Sakurai's Kirby games, and so on & so forth.

But Classic is what Smash got. Only Ultimate added a few non-classic songs.

If you're actually whining about subseries, again, fuck off.

Metal Gear

ikr I was devastated when I didn't find it in the DK stage setlist
but hey no worries bro we got this gem instead :)
youtube.com/watch?v=mqww5ltonZw

FF7 obviously. Massive ass RPG full of iconic Uematsu tracks. "Lol let's just put in the 2 songs you hear the most in-game."

What were they thinking leaving out those vocal tracks?

There was no way they could license Love Deterrence but I was still disappointed. Especially because PW Paz was even included as a spirit battle.

youtube.com/watch?v=lYkVElaux80

youtube.com/watch?v=7mlC7-wIAZ4

youtube.com/watch?v=w2swoSYDIgo

youtube.com/watch?v=kH8SrilFRuU

youtube.com/watch?v=YYKBkGPYFZg

bonus vocal track: youtube.com/watch?v=3jMgtKL_cWg

Attached: kisspng-yo-kai-watch-2-jibanyan-nintendo-3ds-5b10a5eacecd57.8539274915278177068471.jpg (900x920, 153K)

Bizarrely, this remix is also missing.
youtu.be/7OeA_99ggX8

Attached: 1509772449894.png (994x994, 447K)

This being cut too literally makes no sense

youtube.com/watch?v=LpYlJeH3xEc

Any series that isn't Mario, Zelda or Castlevania.

Kirby only 2 new remix this time around bro

>10 billion Castlevania tracks
>Richter
>Literally no Rondo of Blood songs besides one remix of the stage 1 theme and a track ripped from Harmony of Whatever

Let me clarify here

youtube.com/watch?v=CT6PC3z-BLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Otj6khah0ng

Attached: 235434754.jpg (280x285, 24K)

All I wanted was Road Taken and got another remix for a song already remixed. Great.

>every new remix is shit except id Purpose
End of Despair is pretty good. There are better candidates for a remix in FE4, though.

God damn Xenoblade X's soundtrack is so good.