I am currently playing Ass Odyssey (great game) on my OLED tv and I need some help

I am currently playing Ass Odyssey (great game) on my OLED tv and I need some help.

I already had the oled burn in once and I had to have it repaired. OLEDs burn in like a mother fucker do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Here's my problem.

In Ass Odyssey the most important UI element is the ability icons showing your cooldowns, and the ability meter. Both of these are bright yellow, the color that burns in easiest.

So here's what I want to do: Run some kind of program like reshade and do an overlay, just over these yellow areas, and tint them a different color like green or something. Is it possible to do this somehow?

btw i noticed when googling this shit earlier than the game is $20 on xbone and ps4 on amazon and best buy. Really good game, do not discount modern ubisoft, they are changing as a company

Attached: aco-9b.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c9w6A66QJzw?t=449
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

On Linux with Openbox WM you can just open a transparent terminal, set it to the color you like, set it to always be on top of all windows, and then disable the window borders and decorations.

wouldn't work in dedicated fullscreen which this game requires to not run all fucked up

Yeah, setting a window to "Always stay on top" in Openbox always puts it on top.

You're basically just asking for some semi-transparent blank window with no borders that always stays on top.

As far as I'm aware, you can only do this on Linux window managers.

it wouldn't work in exclusive fullscreen even in linux. I understand what you're saying

Stop using OLED if you don’t like burn in you dumb faggot

yeah let me just take back my $2500 tv

it still looks amazing as fuck you just gotta be careful with it

if it burns in again i get a new replacement tv which would be this years model so not really worried about it

Windows games ran through Wine/DXVK on Linux can get rendered "fullscreen" into a fake virtual desktop.

You spent 2500 for a shit tv. Oh boy am I laughing.

that's neat but linux is still unusable for desktop and always will be

i installed mint recently to see how far it's come and hey guess what, USB polling rate is wrong and my mouse feels like trash, I was done configuring things like this manually 15 years ago, not going back to it

>USB polling rate is wrong and my mouse feels like trash

I'm using a 1000Hz mouse fine and confirmed it's running at 1000Hz.

Mouse acceleration is enabled by default on Linux and you were probably running a shitty compositor with Vsync.

So yeah your mouse would feel horrible. Turn off mouse accel and compositing and it would feel great.

i spent 2500 for a tv that was called "the best television ever made" by the most respected sources on this type of thing

have fun with your thrown-away 14" sony PVM with roach carcasses inside it I guess. I'll be over here playing ass odyssey at 120hz on my oled

Ubuntu works fine for me with default configs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ proton is pretty cool for games as well

>"the best television ever made" by the most respected sources on this type of thing
you shouldn't listen to /g/

Well until they have soemyhing as good as OLED without burnin what else is he gonna use?

>Ubuntu works fine for me with default configs

Except the mouse acceleration and shitty Vsync compositor that destroys performance and makes games stutter.

Oh and the Gnome mutter compositor was hardlocked to 60fps until a few months ago, so you're still using one that is locked at 60.

Honestly the Gnome devs are retarded.

use the colorblind mode

nm it doesn't have one. i wouldn't worry about the burn in because they do change

Attached: plebbit.jpg (396x382, 41K)

I don't care how nice it looks, dealing with burn ins ever is unacceptable if you're paying that price.

Absolute shit.

well the guy replaced the display controller and supposedly there was a problem with the first one, where the thing that was supposed to prevent burn in, instead burned in the screen.

I don't fucking know. If you buy a TV primarily for gaming or use as a monitor, oled might not be the best choice though :\

however with HDR on especially, it just blows away anything youve ever seen. Like infinity war looks fucking insane.

>buying OLED for games and movies

youtu.be/c9w6A66QJzw?t=449 I don't know how you can tolerate that judder on slow panning shots, I had to return my C8 for a QLED. Yes, blacks aren't as good, but motion and colors are much better. But I also agree QLED is overpriced.

Attached: 1547401921142.jpg (562x800, 121K)

I haven't noticed anything of that nature.

yeah QLED would be the thing to buy but it's overpriced

microled will replace everything in like 4 years

My OLED has been fine. You’re a faggot that doesn’t know how to take care of their shit, and even more of a one for playing Assassins Creed.

if you arent playing ass odyssey you are missing out on a good game

it feels bethesda like in its scope, or at least, witcher 3 like

if the next one gets kinda more souls-like combat it could legitimately be goty

You are so fucking butthurt for buying a shit tv lmao

OLED has always been a meme retard

Just go back to /reddit/ already

This has got to be bait.

You’re a fucking idiot and I can already tell you don’t know how to take the necessary precautions to take care of an OLED just by the crap that you say. Moron.

As someone who has the game, no, you aren't missing out.

Bait memes aside, he’s just that stupid.

nah, the people here who arent acknowledging the game because theyre riding on preconceptions from the endless garbage AC games that were coming out, are missing out. it has nothing to do with those games and barely resembles the same series in any way anymore. it is an open world fantasy action rpg game

it is legitimately really good, and incredibly beautiful, with a super dense world of a ridiculous amount of shit to do

it has better options than almost any game out there, technical side is well taken care of too, though the renderer bogs down sometimes when it shouldnt

Why don't you just turn off those UI elements in options?

I have them turned off, when you get two melee wheels it's too hard to keep track of without being able to see stuff, and its important to be able to see cooldowns and rage meter

Just stop dude.

I put 80 hours into odyssey and I still think you’re a fucking retard.

OLED isn't suitable for games yet. That's just the truth of the matter.
90% of games are going to have static UI elements that will burn in your screen.

youre free to not like it all you want, youre probably not playing maxed out graphics at 90fps on a 120hz 55" oled

if youre playing on a laptop or something yeah its not gonna be as much of an experience for you

I'm not gonna sit here and be bullied about game choices on Yea Forums by people who are slobbering over classic wow and console games though, fuck yourself. AC: Odyssey is a good game.

don't listen to this faggot. I've had my 4k OLED for about 2 years no with no burn ins. Why would you listen to these people anyways? All they prob play are muh retro games.

I dont listen to anyone here i dictate things to people here

look how hard the cognitive dissonance is hitting them that someone dares say an AC game is good

>BUT I KNOW WHAT GAMES GUD, GAME FROM DIS SERIES NOT GUD
>WOW CLASSIC GUD

I'm sure it's fine, but I'm so burnt out on Origins that even looking at Odyssey makes me feel like I'm going to throw up.

This whole thread just reads like a navy seal copy pasta

Odyssey added special moves though, I can't imagine playing a game like this without them, to at least add SOME variety to the combat

also I have not played an AC game since AC2, I also enjoyed the fuck out of FC5 because I never played those games. Of course AAA games have less value to people who consume them constantly, but I don't really play AAA games