Have any of you tried making youtube videos? Did it work?

Have any of you tried making youtube videos? Did it work?

Attached: download.jpg (274x184, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6BgGUehYA8
youtu.be/fESFqiKUXks
youtube.com/watch?v=v5kRW54Bbe4
youtube.com/channel/UCh_wasuq-rPAKRm2zP_RQrA?view_as=subscriber
youtube.com/watch?v=qYAvY_5mtsQ
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When Dark Souls 1 came out I used to rip nico videos and reupload them (with credit) to youtube. Had almost 10k subs but then was bored and felt scummy so deleted the channel.

I just reupload promos that Nintendo deletes because they’re not currently marketing that game anymore.

Shadowplay doesn't do a good job of recording my games.

I have shitty upload and would take like a day trying to upload at 1080

Wow, you guys are good at making excuses.

I thought about doing a review channel but I decided against it because I'm games journalist level of bad at video games.

Doesn't stop "game journalists".

Really thinking about starting one, not sure where to begin though. I'm passionate about singing and voicework, I automatically follow gaming news, and I want to entertain people and find like minds.

I would but I don't want to talk or put myself in front of the camera.

Eventually it did. Struck gold with 109k views after T H E A L G O R I T H M picked up my video from 5k views. Nothing I've made has reached near there, but as long as people who need to can find my videos, it doesn't bother me

i do it for a living

I tried making a tabletop channel years ago. I think before Critical Role launched. Had my channel deleted by Paizo claiming they had trademark on their OGL released art. Though I didn't get over 3000 views on anything so I'm sure I was destined for the ashbin before all this loganshit.

Forgot to add, any tips on where to begin? I have a nice voice and I'm not overly autistic

I recently tried recording myself playing paint the town red. Probably not a very interesting game but I just wanted to see how it feels to narrate or talk to the camera. It felt really awkward and my webcam is shit but the gameplay itself looked allright.
I also realized how nasal my voice sounds because of my crooked septum + allergies, so that made me go to the doc and now I'm getting my septum fixed next month.
I also started talking in the car, pretending I'm shooting a video and explaining my day to viewers to get more accustomed to talking to nobody in particular. It's fun but autistic as fuck.
I'd like to try making some YouTube videos in the future because honestly, successful youtubers make so much fucking money and I'm playing games anyway, might as well at least try to get some money out of it.
But honestly I don't think I'm funny or interesting enough and I've never been the type to want much attention, let alone from cameras or crowds, so I don't think it's for me. I'm also already rich and got my own business so maybe I should just stick to that.

I have some integrity, But I'm unattractive and care about my privacy so I don't want to show my self on camera and I don't know how to animate so I don't know what to show on screen if my gameplay video sucks.

I kind of want to try. I think I will, just for funsies.

Pretty sure I remember you ( ˘ 3˘)

Are you able to network with people with what you're making? You could get an exclusive scoop and that'll bolster your views/subs
Don't do it thinking you'll ever make more than mere pennies off of it

>Don't do it thinking you'll ever make more than mere pennies off of it

I know, but that's the temptation. Getting paid for playing games.

Hell yeah.

Not too much, though I have a bit of networking from when I narrated a couple audiobooks. I just need some sort of creative outlet where I can use my voice, and video games are my favorite hobby. I'd love to voice act for video games, but that's a stretch

I get between 50-100 people watching me stream on youtube. I consider that a success.

I wish I could stream but I live in a hood that doesn't get good broadband internet. Can't even do a good 480.

Did a LP of New Vegas when it came out on Very Hard + Hardcore.

Half the videos were hit by Content ID claims. I later did a MechCommander 2 LP and that was it. Next time I record myself playing a video game I'll host the files myself.

How do youtubers deal with copyright?
Many of them put that SpongeBob 'an eternity later...' shit in their vids for example. I get that publishers probably tolerate gameplay vids because it's free advertising, but what about snippets from TV shows, music etc?
Seems like you need a legal team to make videos

I think if it's under 6 seconds you can get away with it

When is the next anime review, kenny?

How many subs does it take to start living off neetbuck donations? 100,000?

Attached: God's Programmer.jpg (640x852, 132K)

>I don't know how to animate so I don't know what to show on screen if my gameplay video sucks.
Just get good then. If you can't talk into a microphone & you're ugly af there's not much hope for you.

Yeah I got 40k subs but I took a break because I need to find an actual job and the games I cover aren't very popular right now.

I guess so. Maybe the big ones do have some help tho.

Also, I'm following this german youtuber who is very succesfull and founded a company for influencer marketing, presumably with a focus on gaming.
If I have money, could I just go there and pay them to make me famous? If I'm not completely unlikable and the established youtubers promote me a bit, it seems like it would be easy to gain a reasonable amount of followers, which would then be a win win for the marketing firm and me.
Why dont they do this or what's the catch?
Is it more like a musician where you already need a bit of a nice portfolio to get a contract?

>I got 40k subs but I took a break because I need to find an actual job
So 40,000 subs doesn't make you anything? God damn, my 100,000 guess might not be far off then. Are we at a point where 40,000 ain't shit?

Attached: hmm.png (549x515, 254K)

I failed.
>Can't hold conversation or joke with self.
>Require freinds.
>Schedules never line up
>Have trouble trying new things so we cant ever play different games.
>Everything has to be a joke for them.
>Advertising on other media worked, but everyone leaves bc no content is being made regularly.
>People assume its a certain channel bc friends dont wanna play anything different.

I only use youtube to shitpost
youtube.com/watch?v=F6BgGUehYA8

Attached: 1548968702036.jpg (1024x663, 139K)

Doing ayyyyyyyt
youtu.be/fESFqiKUXks

so basically
* Get Funny
* Upload Regularly
* make smaller videos to expand the channel into different directions

Attached: depression.gif (500x616, 989K)

I was debating making some walkthroughs and a few challenge runs on Dark Souls 1, 2, BB, and Nioh but then I realized that far better people have done far more interesting runs that I've done. Even my DaS 1 speedruns were pretty mediocre since I could never break 2 hours and 80% of your runs were resets in literally the first five minutes due to a necessary drop
That being said even if I never got viewers streaming my shit on twitch got me to finish way more games than I normally do since I typically get bored of the core gameplay loop 2/3 into most games.

Dark Souls 3, not 2. You couldn't make me play 2 again.

lp I put hours and hours of work into
SUB 1000 views
SUB 1000 views
SUB 1000 views
SUB 1000 views
>shit video i put no time into
+10k views

why, bros?

because you used a popular franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=v5kRW54Bbe4
things like this reminds me of 34no404. All of his charming art gets at most 500 notes, but then he made a shitty eyesore pixel art of overwatch mei in a maid outfit and got like, 5k notes.

so basically it’s a waste of time to fuck around with unpopular franchises???

I've been making video game essay videos weekly for like a year now. Still getting sub 100 views but one of my older videos got a couple hundred more views because a switch port released so that's nice.

I used to stream old DOS games when YouTube live first was released

Not if you love that unpopular thing. Unless you get nourishment from 15 minute internet fame.

Why even do this anymore, there‘s literally a trillion videos on evry video game ever,

What sort of presentation do you use?
If you just make it a PowerPoint it’s garbage.
Get an animator if you want views.

I did and yes. I was at 10kish subs, when youtube just banned me. It was an easy $300 a month before adpocalypse. About $100 after.

I mean, I think I have pretty decent editing at least compared to when I first started. The only good thing about the channel is improving my editing and recording skills desu.

>write a 40k word fucking disseration on MMOs
>get the scheme of narrating and animating the entire thing and uploading it to youtube
>have tried speaking the entire thing aloud, takes me about five hours
>would probably take a year of effort and get 54 views total
>autistic obsessive brain won't let me move on with my life, constantly pressuring myself to start working on it before anything else

How do I escape this?

Attached: 1443447302464.png (248x241, 101K)

Dopamine hits from comments

Be the next half a press you can be

>takes you five hours to speak 40k words
>takes me an hour to get a four minute narration write

Attached: 1530213526664.jpg (1075x1062, 46K)

There needs to be a non advertiser run platform for us.
I hate that you have to watch your speech just so you won’t get shadowbanned

been doing a vlog channel for the past month.
i have 1 subscriber.
I have made a few wow videos and they get viewed but everything else gets ignored. I am somewhat ok with that since everything i do is low effort.

I only make videos for specific things I want to show, not much for views. No let's play or walkthrough, mostly just short funny clips or shit I wanted to share.
I have shitty videos that reached 300K views on my old channel from the minecraft era but that's about it.

I made like 2. I was gonna make a big ol channel and everything but I'm just too lazy to do anything. Any time I try to get myself to do something I start getting filled with self doubt and give up on it.

why are most high tier youtubers mostly genXers?
Why aren’t there any coot 18 year old bois making cam whore gameplay/ review vids?

It has nothing to do with the amount of time. It's how you use it. You can legally use clips from most TV shows and movies if your video is criticizing or critiquing something. The video has to be artistically "yours".
Look at RedLetterMedia's reviews/critiques of Star Wars and other movies, especially the Episode 1 review. It's like 90% clips from the movie with some small original recordings mixed in.
Note that just because you're legally allowed to use clips from whatever you want (as long as you're creating your own works) that doesn't really mean shit to YouTube and how they handle content strikes. They really don't give a shit, and literally anyone can take your shit down as long as there's enough reports.
It's possible to get the decision reversed, but good fucking luck with that.

That’s pretty cute desu

There are some games that you can’t upload either like p5 despite lp being your take on the game
Thank god they fixed it.

Yeah, that's why I was saying that it really doesn't matter about the legality. YouTube is fucked.

Edit that shit down. Can almost guarantee half is useless fluff.

I am not interesting enough for twitch and im not a good enough writer for youtube.

I thought I had this YouTube thing figured out but I came to the conclusion that you have to essentially make garbage content on a daily basis to make a living off of it which my brain doesn't want to do because it has standards

Pls respond.
I want to watch some boyysssssss play games not balding bearded men

I made three.
one is a neat thing
one is a bug+meme
one is a bug+meme
they're all 2 years apart and I haven't uploaded anything for 5 years.
I somehow got 4 subscribers out of it.
I don't really know why.

I haven't tried actually making videos because I don't like talking and it's hard to make videos with no talking and no effort put into editing.

Attached: shrug.jpg (500x715, 103K)

I have never made a video but I have 3 subscribers. I don't know how that works.

No, man. It's all important. Fucking editfags trying to water me down. I know your type.

you're probably a girl

This is why people switched to streams. Even a micro community can make more cash than someone with a hundred thousand subs.

Thing with streams is that donators can chargeback at basically any point and you can't do anything about it. And then you don't dare remove any of it from paypal because if they get requests for chargebacks they expect the money to come from you.

Paypal and twitch cracked down on that shit hard now

it's fun and i feel like i'll appreciate it a lot more in 2 years when i go back and look into what i was thinking back then.

Back in 2012 I used to make videos pretty regularly.
I had 4000 subs at my peak which I think is pretty good for the time.

I don't think I could be bothered trying to make youtube videos again today.
There's nothing to make videos about and I'm not interesting enough to come up with something catching. It was easier back then.

Attached: 1552062553686.gif (300x250, 471K)

I've seen your hour long Andromeda video before. Good stuff.

>Have any of you tried making youtube videos? Did it work?

I have actually: youtube.com/channel/UCh_wasuq-rPAKRm2zP_RQrA?view_as=subscriber
Most of my vids are just a "sit and listen while you do homework or play a game" since that's the kind of stuff I actually view.

I do basically everything: I do the art, I do some fuckin' jokes, and they're my opinions. I don't do lets plays, news, or anything like that.
My latest vid was just an exercise in teaching myself how to record game footage and simple video editing, but I fucked up the recording: youtube.com/watch?v=qYAvY_5mtsQ

It's a general media channel though, and I plan on doin' some Anime vids next.

Attached: Anime_Retard.png (481x511, 128K)

>try to make effort to edit something
>0 views
>upload some random clip i recorded
>10k views

algorithm working as intended

I uploaded two shitty gameplay videos years ago that are sitting on 2 digit views
Going well

i have a shitty pc coupled with shitty internet. I try to only upload 2D games but i'll maybe transition to funny le maymays because people like it i guess
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA

Attached: 4c6.jpg (1019x1369, 234K)

I'm sitting at about 150 subs and my best video was a For Honor one when the beta for it just came out with 15k views. I really wanted to make more but I was offered full time at a job so I gave up on the video thing. Trying to to do it again but can't think of anything to come up with atm except maybe a video for RoR2. I first need to git gud at fucking Merc in it though.

Attached: Darkest Dungeon Highwayman.jpg (960x621, 45K)

I'd collaborate with you user

I'm currently trying to craft a review of Ashen. I have 170gb of footage, and just picked up a Shure SM7b so my voice sounds somewhat decent. Recording a script is harder than I thought.

Is there any way to record and then press a button to SPLICE the video at that moment when something cool happens but keep recording? I know you can save the last 5 mins or so with shadow play but I'd still like to keep recording and it can be a bit stutter for no reason too while OBS comes out much better

Anyways, my point is sorting through hours of footage is a pain in the ass and I wish there was an easier way to sort shit while still recording basically everything

What do you bring to the table?

I can do a lot of pressups

My method is bringing out a notepad and time stamping any moment by looking at the time on OBS. Sometimes hard in fast paced games but it works for me.

Attached: 325tw7y6.png (111x955, 22K)

Got 4k subs after 10 months making reviews and analysis videos. It's okay.
>Recording a script is harder than I thought.
Practice. It gets a lot easier in time. Maybe just accept your first few videos won't be perfect and use them as a learning experience.

We can work with that somehow I'm sure, just gotta workshop it

I made videos of a niche custom gamemode for TF2. One of my videos has 100k+ views, but it took almost 5 years to do so. Now I have shadowplay and lots of cool footage, but I'm so nitpicky about my editing that nothing comes out of it.

Congrats on the progress user

And yeah, I'll probably just have to see how it goes. I find myself using that 'presenter voice' that comes across a little hacky. Plus my voice is quite deep, and I find it hard to enunciate words due to that. I've written an eight page script and it comes to 30 minutes of speaking, but it still feels like I haven't gone into enough detail

I think the key to make content is to be somewhat authentic. The problem is that when I'm playing games and being authentic, I'm a tryhard and never say anything because I'm concentrating on te game.
The second important thing is regular content, because people will probably not be interested in 1 video every 3 months.
The third one is to just try and don't care wether people find you or your content interesting. If you worry too much beforehand, you probably won't produce anything at all.

Number 3 is my biggest issue. I don't think I can offer anything particularly exciting.

I see, that's actually so simple I feel bad for not thinking of it before

you and mandalore are good boys