Normal fantasy setting

Normal fantasy setting
>play as a valiant knight and save the beautiful princess and the kingdom from the clutches of the evil lord, ride off on a unicorn together at the end

Dark fantasy setting
>play as some no name loser whose life doesn't matter
>townspeople are all dying, depressed, and don't give a shit about living anymore, are irritated you even want to try and make things better
>"Oh no, princess Natas was kidnapped, she's prolly dead so don't bother saving her"
>ooooooooooh lots of grimdark imagery like gothic buildings and eclipses and it rains a lot and blood red sunsets btw eclipses so dark, dead bodies everywhere
>boss fight - "Face me hero, I am a former knight who was corrupted by evil after realizing being a hero is pointless, how dare you try to be a hero, you will realize how futile life is and give up like I have!"
>boss fight - "I'm a unicorn that realized goodness is dead and hope is dead, so now I'm black and evil and stuff with red eyes, im also crazy neeeeeeeeeeeeeigh!"
>boss fight - "I'm Samuel Goodness Priest a member of a blatantly corrupt church as a hamfisted attempt at showing religion is bad! I wear lots of robes and a look real blatantly evil to drive it home how bad religious people with faith are! I only care about 3 things, serving God, serving God more, and killing anyone who disagrees with me since they are clearly heretics! I like saying heresy a lot too, HERESY!"
>final boss fight - "I'm the evil lord but I dont even know why I am fighting just fucking kill me for the love of god, btw the church is evil and made me this way"
>ending - "Oh thank you brave knight, btw I'm actually not a princess but a demon queen and my name is Satan bet you didn't see that coming, I fooled you all le epic plot twist! Btw that unicorn from earlier is my lover, time to fly off into the eclipse and start my plans for world conquest, you can fight me and my steed/bf in the shitty dlc coming up!"

Dark fantasy is a fucking meme.

Attached: The.Hunter.(Bloodborne).full.2401550.jpg (1920x939, 335K)

I'm not reading all that.

me either.

Because thanks to dark fantasy, you're mostly illiterate and can't enjoy anything unless it involves tons of skulls, death, gore, and rape shit.

yeah whatever fag

Attached: 1494742468129.jpg (512x512, 45K)

not reading that either

>black and evil
> c'mon man .jpg

I read all of that and wish I didn't. What a waste of time.

Attached: 56954700_p5.jpg (1196x1181, 122K)

A moment of valor shines brightest against a backdrop of despair.
I like dark fantasy not only because of the aesthetic but also because that saving the innocent becomes all the more worthwhile when its in a world of monsters and deception. It makes your fight feel like a real struggle, not something pre-planned by destiny because the world is good.
Games like Darkest Dungeon and the Witcher are bleak but this makes that great moment of heroism and happiness all the greater. The darkness can also lend itself to interesting themes, worldviews and decisions.
Saving the princess gets boring. There must be something more to think on.
Though soemtimes it goes too far into the other direction. Like Game of Thrones "everything and everyone is evil and if not evil then stupid". Which is equally as unthinking and simple.

>It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Maybe that is not true for all dark fantasy. Sometimes the end is horrible no matter what. But that doesnt devalue what has transpired. A dark story can be perfect for many things.

Attached: regis.jpg (2560x1440, 2.15M)

fpbp

Attached: FPBP.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

>play as a valiant knight and save the beautiful princess and the kingdom from the clutches of the evil lord, ride off on a unicorn together at the end

Why do you give a fuck when it isn't real. It's just a story, whether the world is full of hope or despair isn't what matters. What matters is if the worldbuilding is good and interesting.

Dragon Age origins is dark fantasy I like all the tragedy and gloom the game has

Tragic hero, there, your autism need not be read.

A fantastic meme.
This is why Souls got so popular.

Seething christcuck

you sound like a bic lmao

>top = boring cliche, braindead and dull
>bottom = interesting, complex, thought provoking and fun, not nearly as much of a cliche

Fuck off back to your switch manchild.

you do realize this webm doesn't make sense, don't you?

it's ok, it's terrible bait written by a 16 yo.

Didn't read, so...
Bloodborne thread?

Same

same thread again
fuck off and die faggot