Top 5 consoles:

PS2>PS1>SNES>NES>PSP/DS (kinda equal to me)

Attached: console-wars-seth-rogen.jpg (951x611, 102K)

>PSP
Found the Sonygro

Not even OP, but the PSP was amazing. Not only was it an amazing emulator but it had games for days. Especially the DJMAX series.

PS2
SNES
PS1
Original Xbox

NES>PSP/DS
Wtf did you smoke

>t. that one weird kid that only had a psp and not a DS

Attached: 1552624403404.jpg (250x242, 10K)

PS2>NES>SNES=Genesis/Mega Drive>PS1

It was the Neo-Geo of the sixth console generation.

All consoles:

SNES > GameCube > Wii U > Wii > NES

Excluding Nintendo:

PS1 > Dreamcast > PS2 > PS3 > Xbox 360

>PS1 >PS2

In what universe?

I hate ps4 and vita though. And ps3 is mediocre.
I had both, that's why there is slash. And i live in Europe, psp was much more popular here and only one kid besides me had ds, despite gba being popular at the time.
I didn't smoke, i actually played nes as a kid.
Shit taste, mate.

SNES > PS2 > PS1 > GCN > N64 > DC > SAT > GBC > Wii/Shop

N64 > PS1 > Gamecube > Dreamcast > PS2 > Xbox

Rest are meh. All handhelds are good and must own

PS1
PS2
MegaDrive
PSP
Dreamcast

It also was an amazing media device for the time. And had all the genres, both 3ds and vita suck compared to that. And ports actually resemble original games, unlike ds which was either gba like shovelware ports or shitty ps1 3d thing

Gamecube was objectively better than PS2

How in the name of God is ps worse than dreamcast, gamecube, ps1 and n64? Shit list, at least the order itself.

SNES, PS2, DS

Clear top three. There's enough separation between those and the next grouping that a top five makes less sense than just crowning those the best.

By what standarts.

According to /ourguys/ at IGN, these
> 1. Nintendo Entertainment System
> 2. Atari 2600
> 3. Playstation 2
> 4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
> 5. Sega Genesis

Snes>ps2>ps1>nes>neo geo

155 million people disagree

154 Million bought a DS, so by this logic it's just as good

The DS is the best handheld of all time, so that's not exactly wrong.

Ds is good, but handhelds are inferior, unfortunately, despite me owning mostly handhelds as a kid.

You're retarded if you couldn't get past the top 2 without immediately recognizing this

ps1 games havn't aged well and I'd put it below the SNES, otherwise a fine list. NES is great historically and belongs on that front alone, but I'd replace it with the GBA

I'm not a sonygro, you fucking retard.
It's not about aging, ps4 and xbox 1 should be the best consoles then.
Gba has less good games than nes and lots of shovelware

>I'm not a sonygro, you fucking retard.
I wasn't saying you were
I was saying you were retarded and this reply only confirmed it

Attached: 1517422979610.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Gba has less good games than nes
disagreed
>lots of shovelware
NES has just as much

PS2>Dreamcast=PS1>Mega Drive>PSP

I'm the op, you have trouble with comprehension or what?
You clearly have not played nes then

>I'm the op
you are a s0nygg3r
you're also a nint0dll3r

Ok, i get it.

Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Switch
Playstation 3
Nintendo 3DS

I had a PSP and the worst part of it by far was the lack of games. The most popular games on the platform were Japanese garbage, with not many things with Western appeal.

There were SOME good games like Syphon Filter, but that's hardly a massive game is it? Yes there were the GTA games, but they were fiddly and unpleasant to play with the terrible single analog stick (and the long loading times). Also I was really excited for Gran Turismo on the PSP, but it was AWFUL compared to GT4 on the PS2, because it didn't even have a single career mode. And again it was not fun playing it with the PSP's controls (e.g. lack of analog control for accelerator).

Meanwhile, the DS had Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon HG/SS, Pokemon Black/White and Black 2 / White 2, as well as New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, etc. In terms of blockbuster games, there's no contest that the DS absolutely thrashes the PSP.

I was probably too old to be interested in those sorts of DS games when I got a PSP (I was 14 when the PSP came out), but still, the thing I dislike most about the PSP is the lack of quality games. You're right that it was awesome as an emulation machine, which is how I've ended up using it. And yes it was a good media machine for the time - you could get on the internet with WiFi, which was pretty cool before smartphones were around. But the lack of good games was definitely the worst part about the console.

The fact that Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, a game that was never even released in the West, is the 3rd best selling PSP game of all time, shows exactly the problem that I'm talking about.

Are you retarded?
>Japanese garbage
>lists pokemon and mario as "blockbuster" games
Psp is the best handheld, sorry, mate. Only then comes your ds.

SNES>Genesis>Gameboy>PS2>PS1

Nostalgia cringefest

1. NES
2. SNES
3. PS4
4. Neo Geo
5. TG-16

>yuropoor
well that explains the shit taste.

Shouldn't Sega show Playstation consoles now since Sega support that platform exclusively with a few exceptions.

PSP just had better support in the part where third parties would put their best efforts into PSP devices and would only dump their junk onto the DS, the DS still blew the PSP the fuck out in terms of it's larger quality library though.

Didn't PSP just recieve a bunch of enhanced ports? Come to think of it the Switch is a lot like PSP, only it actually has a few decent first party titles

psp had more "western games". you literally only list japanese games for ds.

Only fags and girls had DS.

You're free to keep to keep thinking that, you're just the only person that does though. It was a great device mired by some very stupid decisions regarding its library and media

I didn't have a DS, I thought I made that clear in the post, while I did have a PSP.

Sorry mate, but Pokemon and Mario are blockbuster games. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is not, unless you're in Japan, then it might be (I don't know Japan well enough but I know it was popular there).

Sorry mate but the facts are facts. There is a reason why the DS sold basically TWICE as many units as the PSP. There was only one winner in the handheld space of that generation and it ain't Sony.

154 million people bought it. You're in the minority lad. Like the hipstets that pretend PS2 was merely owned by lonely weebs. The reality is it was a hot fucking item on the market that everyone but you owned.

>psp had more "western games". you literally only list japanese games for ds.
I specifically said "not many things with Western appeal". Mario and Pokemon are made in Japan, yes, but they have global appeal, including massive appeal in the West. Monster Hunter is not very well known AT ALL in the West, and like I said, I don't think Monster Hunter Portable 3rd was even released in the West.

Sure, there are other PSP games with Western appeal that I didn't mention. Ridge Racer was okay. There just weren't any "must-have" titles though, I don't think. The GTA games were pretty awesome - being able to play a full GTA game on a portable device seemed like such a great idea - but in practice they weren't fun to play due to the PSP's poor analog stick, and due to long loading times too.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, I'm the guy who posted this: Yes the PSP was a cool device - l used it recently to emulate GBA games. What are the "stupid decisions" you mean though? I just think it needed more good games. AAA games. It didn't really have any "must have" titles.

I only had a PSP and not a DS. I was 14 when they came out, and I think I was a bit too old for the games of the DS at the time (Pokemon, Mario, etc.).

So I'm glad I got the PSP, but yes, in terms of objective success, the DS is of course objectively the winner. The DS had "must have" blockbuster games like Pokemon games and Mario games, while the PSP didn't really have any "must have" games. The GTA games were okay but not amazing, and they were fiddly to play on the PSP's controls (and TERRIBLE analog stick), and the loading times sucked.

When I moved out of my parents place in 2010 I sold my Darth Vader PSP because I needed food money and at the time I had had my fill of games.

Is it worth buying one today?

Here are my favourite five consoles:

1. Xbox
2. Nintendo 64
3. Xbox 360
4. Game Boy Advance
5. Xbox One

Yes I'm a Halo fan. Also I played so many other great games on the OG Xbox, like GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, as well as things like Star Wars KOTOR, TimeSplitters 2, and also things that weren't critically acclaimed but which I still found really fun: Unreal Championship, Enter the Matrix, Quantum Redshift, etc.

Attached: master chief.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

SNES > Switch > GC. Haven't owned more consoles than that, except SEGA Genesis but it wasn't any good to be honest. Stuck with PC mostly

t. Faggot

stand back faggots
NES>Dreamcast>Vectrex>PS1>3DS

Attached: 1553058018599.jpg (382x346, 36K)

>I specifically said "not many things with Western appeal"
dunno from top of my head there were couple of wipeout games, 2 or so gow games, like 4(?) gta games, ratchet&clank, burnout, daxter, resistance, littlebigplanet etc.
plus all the "western appealing" japanese games

but whatever i had both. but certainly used ds more for weird japanese games.

I had both, but preferred my PSP due to it being functional beyond just playing games. Music, for instance was cool as hell and made bus rides way more tolerable. Videos, because who didn't wanna watch movies at lunch?
And then the web browser. Once I found out my school's wi-fi password, I was goddamn golden.

PS1 should not be anywhere on that list
Every single 3D title released before the PS2/GC era was unplayable garbage, keep your nostalgia out of here

PS2>PS1>SNES>GC>360

I love every gen and almost all consoles though. And putting PS2 at the top is almost cheating since it had more games than 3 other consoles combined. It wins through sheer attrition. And of the 38 billion games there were easily 100 great ones. PS2 had more great JRPGs than GC had total games. But hell even the Xbox got gold that gen. Fable, Halo, Jade Empire. Best gen.

What about 2.5D games?

Attached: 2401-2019-120071196396961980310.jpg (1024x882, 156K)

NES
SNES
Genesis
PS1
OG Xbox

In no particular order.