Will any game ever match the difficulty of VVVVVV?

Will any game ever match the difficulty of VVVVVV?
And I’m not talking about bullshit artificial difficulty and cheap shit like I Wanna Be the Guy or whatever.
I’m referring to ACTUAL difficulty.
VVVVVV has that in spades, ESPECIALLY if you choose to go for No Death Mode.
Dante Must Die? pffft.
Ironman? Whatever.
VVVVVV No Death Mode is the TRUE über.

While you pansies are fawning over Sekiro, I’m playing a game that has broken men many times. It’s so frightening that most “game journalists” don’t even know about it, for their employers would never wish such a game upon even the highest paid shills.
Cowards weep within the first fifteen rooms.
But not I.
I emerge from The Final Level with gritted teeth, and say:
“Again.”

Attached: 2B4B7CA4-C98F-411D-B34D-D073DBD6F727.jpg (508x381, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UrrpYGm_fI
youtube.com/watch?v=HCQK_y8JutU&t=126s
youtube.com/watch?v=VsYLIg67pYo
youtube.com/watch?v=IfQQYpOd-vI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was pretty fun
I've beat it 100% several times, something I can't say about any other game
I do think some games have surpassed that difficulty though
youtube.com/watch?v=3UrrpYGm_fI
youtube.com/watch?v=HCQK_y8JutU&t=126s
youtube.com/watch?v=VsYLIg67pYo
youtube.com/watch?v=IfQQYpOd-vI
rhythm games are the zenith of fair difficulty

>spiketraps and antigravity WITHOUT JUMPAN XD: the indieshit
Yikes! Why are indieshits so obsessed with spikes?

>Yikes!
Opinion discarded.

>can play most low/mid teir songs to ~97%
>always fuck up random simple notes
Is this normal?

cookie cutter 8 bit indie platformer number 3872

yeah, nerves can get to you if you don't keep them in check

Try Not Another VVVVVV Game

VVVVVV isnt that hard in the grand scheme of things
just look at dodonpachi's Inbachi or really any other cave shooter true final boss. iirc nobody has done a no bomb no miss Inbachi without TAS tools

At least half of VVVVVV difficulty comes from frame rate cap.

What?

>Anything more difficult than what I can finish is bullshit
>Anything less difficulty is too easy

Imagine not realizing how subjective your definitions are. IWBTG isn't really that difficult, just like VVVVVV, it expects you to know what's coming next to complete it.

yeah.

Daddy gave you good advice.

Yea Forums hates patterns and memorization for some reason
Building up muscle memory is bad according to a lot of faggots here
The original IWBTG is bad though

It wasn't really difficulty and more twitch reaction/trial and error.

vvvvvvvv was only good because it was released at a perfect time when indie games were just starting and humble bundle was too

if it was released today it wouldn't be anything special

Attached: beee.gif (680x812, 235K)

DustForce

I have no idea what IWBTG is but difficulty through memorization only is shit.

The only two sections in all of VVVVVV that could be reasonably classified as "yeah that was pretty hard" are Veni Vidi Vici and that one trinket where you have to skip like five checkpoints. Everything else is challenging, but not insanely difficult or anything. Plenty of games have/had already surpassed it in genuine difficulty.

Difficulty through memorization would be giving you a long number to remember, these games have very simple clear traps that you'll know how to avoid after seeing them once. The hard part of these games is practicing your execution until you can string together a section or level perfectly which is fun

VVVVVV was supposed to be hard?

>The hard part of these games is practicing your execution until you can string together a section or level perfectly
Memorization, in other words.

True and applies to most early indie hits desu they were surpassed by later games, or sometimes even their predecessors that went overlooked like the N games compared to Super Meat Boy

Super Hexagon by the same guy

You can't just lump everything you don't like into the memorization category. It's like saying that learning a song on guitar is the same as memorizing a number, they both require practice and repetition but the former is all about dexterity over just memory and is really enjoyable to perform on a kinetic level along with building transferable physical skills that can be used when learning other songs.

>Shitting on VVVVVV

>along with building transferable physical skills
We are talking about videogames though where memorization is literally a waste of time.

If you're so concerned about wasting time then just don't play vidya, not like any other type of practice is less of a waste of time than memorization you're still just playing games and will only learn how to play other games better at best. I'm talking about what's fun

>get 1000+ combo in IIDX
>drop spaghetti and miss
every time

>one trinket requires you to die to get it
>room is edited in no death mode to be obtainable
>also has a different name congratulating you for getting this far
good shit

Attached: 1531371852801.jpg (1125x900, 91K)

vidya skills are transferable from one game to the other so it counts
plus, certain competitive games train your critical/on-the-spot thinking, which is a skill that can be transferred into the IRL and it's tasks

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

>VVVVVV came it in 2010
How the fuck has it been that long

Attached: whoooooooooa.gif (260x146, 1.14M)

No point arguing with a retard who thinks that videogames teach valuable real-life skills.

No point arguing with a retard who can't argue against what he hates

Sure they can though not decision making but getting good at vidya requires perseverance, discipline and smart practice which are all valuable when learning a real life skill.

All the good comes down the drain when you realize that instead of learning something practical you wasted your time playing videogames.

Just do both, why are you pretending like it's a choice?

Attached: 1553751278951.jpg (343x481, 39K)

Because life is short and time is a limited resource.

And yet here you are wasting time pretending to be a robot-tier autist for attention

VVVVV wasn't hard with the exception of two or three levels.

You can learn valuable life lessons from 4channel. If you filter all the garbage, that is.