The Second Renaissance

Game based on this when?

Attached: 5801440a.png (801x440, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNiO2sTe2wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

such a good animated short. that semi-robotic-semi-goddess-like narrator voice really added to the sense of doom and foreboding as well.
probably one of the best man vs machine depictions out there.
id love to see a game based on pic related too.
what developer/company do you think would be best suited for these?

Attached: 1538189257232.jpg (1920x958, 384K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jNiO2sTe2wo

>probably one of the best man vs machine depictions out there.

Probably. I mean, it's incredibly plausible that we will implement AI driven domestic servants in such an inept way that they will actually go berserk when their owners want to shut them down, and that this huge usability flaw won't be discovered (or disclosed if it came up in beta testing) until long after these compromised units have been widely adopted by consumers.

Attached: 63bda13db350d2ebcb7008fdeba398af0dfaa75780e176b1f8319ed9240dca07.jpg (398x292, 42K)

>A game based off of the middle part of an anthology collection of short stories spinning off from the popular film franchise that most people would agree peaked at it's first installment.

Sorry user, I can't see it happening.

Drat.

Attached: kma.webm (640x266, 551K)

>that most people would agree peaked at it's first installment.

too low IQ to understand the architect confirmed

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 3.83M)

>Cant into reading comprehension
>Makes assumptions about poster based on the post
>Accuses others of having low IQ

Oh boy.

> Matrix Online
> 3 factions, Machines, Programs, Humans

> Only involve the Matrix as a setting
> Can't leave the matrix to see the surface of the "real world"
> Can't pilot a ship to broadcast depth or scavenge for resources and parts as a human
> Can't upload your machine conciousness to a Sentinel and go on patrol for rogue humans
> Can't do a cops-and-robbers-and-bank-tellers "day job" as a program inside the Matrix to make sure things either operate properly while moving through non-euclidean computer space, or be allies to the humans to uncover some secret the machines have, or be an agent to make sure humans and programs stay in check

> lol it's just a fucking grinding MMORPG like all the others
so much promise just flushed the fuck away

Attached: RedLetterMediaSummary.jpg (663x579, 39K)

never probably

Well, the humans don't win. What would the end of the game be, the resolution?

What would the "winning scenario" be?

i notice you didnt even try to refute his claims

there wouldn't be one is the point

>> Can't do a cops-and-robbers-and-bank-tellers "day job" as a program inside the Matrix to make sure things either operate properly while moving through non-euclidean computer space, or be allies to the humans to uncover some secret the machines have, or be an agent to make sure humans and programs stay in check
Holy shit I actually thought of a similar game mode... just have PvP where one faction tries to hunt down the other in a world filled with NPCs

its the ability to learn that makes them scary. but the real error was humans denying them instead of accepting. this led to them evolving past humans. they rejected the human way of life and fashioned new skins that look like cephalods and insects to drive the point harder. humans fugged up

Why would I? I have nothing to prove to strangers on a Cantonese finger puppet forum.

>Claim
>Insult based on claim
>Insult based on insult

Why carry it further? I think it's reached it's conclusion naturally.

>in a world filled with NPCs
not sure if the rest of your post is just sarcastic shitting, but the real cruelty is that the Matrix MMO was that it didn't have any meaningful NPC interaction.
You were always and only alone, by yourself, unless you decided to group with other players.
You could not actually replicate the plot of the movie and then red-pill the NPCs to join the humans, or interrogate and brainwash NPCs as a machine/program to keep them in the matrix.

for the amount of variety the setting offered, the Matrix MMO was really just your standard "kill mobs, get loot, repeat" RPG
there were game-moderator run story events but those stopped and started and couldn't be replayed as they were live adlibs

I see. I guess you don't see how that could be a problem when trying to get a game approved?

>every game needs to be you vanquishing evil otherwise people wont like it
you could just play as the robots if its really that big of a deal

You could have an end unwinnable scenario that just closes with a detailing of the story. Like Crisis Core but without Cloud existing.

I never played The Matrix Online so I don't know if most of that stuff is actually bad, but it would have been cool for your "mmo house" or "guild hall" or whatever to be your ship in the real world. Even if you couldn't pilot it or go to Zion or anything, would make for a cool team area.

If you get past the retarded mic gimmick, that's basically Binary Domain.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

>We demand it.

BIG BO

Attached: A-anim.279.jpg (843x362, 294K)

>be your ship in the real world. Even if you couldn't pilot it or go to Zion or anything
exactly.
it would've been that easy to think of, but the devs didn't. it was just the most generic MMO experience ever.

Not my proudest fap

Attached: SecondRenaissance.png (1185x504, 375K)

You're quoting me as if what I'm saying is ridiculous. I'm 100% correct.

Pitching a game where the humans don't win won't be accepted. And if for some ungodly reason it is, it won't be well received. This has nothing to do with MY personal tastes, this is just a truth of what people enjoy as a whole.

People like resolutions. People don't like unwinnable scenarios.

World Record was the second best Animatrix short after Second Renaissance

why is the machine war so scary

Because you know they would give any preferential treatment and treat everyone as equal scum to be eradicated and being treated the same as black and brown people terrifies you

>black and brown people currently are getting ripped out of mech suits by insectoid AI war machines while nuclear blasts explode above them
It's true, I don't want to share in this daily ritual PoCs have to face.

>being this triggered with banter

l m a o

Basically artificial machines realizing how superior they are to humans and evolving beyond human comprehension. Artificial life isn't as afraid of death when it can just upload a backup of its consciousness into a new form. It can't be reasoned with because according to all logic, it knows its cause is just.

I just mean visually. Maybe it's mostly the concept but every time second renaissance is discussed online people comment about how disturbing the war sequence is.

Nier Automata

I thought the stuff before and after the battle was more disturbing. Especially the vivisected people laughing/crying hysterically

Matrix simulation frozen in the year 1999 because AI determined it to be the peak of human civilization

checks out

Attached: this fucking guy.png (311x266, 128K)

>Dude nukes were useless lmao
Really activated those almonds, even when I was kid

maybe they were

There is no possible scenario in which a nuke would not be able to massively damage lifeforms, especially machine lifeforms.

yeah... heat would definitely do damage to machines.
also apparently nobody ever heard of nuclear emp

I'm sure you could come up with dumb in universe explanations. With their level of AI you could just say they had massive underground facilities and "surviving" machines and infrastructure were able to rebuild extremely rapidly.

They do explain it. The devastation of the explosion works still, but the radiation has no effect on them. The nukes just create a zone of in hospitality for humans and a safe zone for the machines to rebuild on.

People don't like that explanation because it isn't realistic.There aren't really machines you can drop a nuke on and then continue to use after.

keep nuking them