Borderlands 3

>make a game the way people have wanted it for years
>shoot it in the head by making it a timed exclusive to a service that rivals Origin in how bad it is
By the time it comes to steam, most people will either not care, have pirated it already, or be willing to wait for it to be insanely cheap.

What they've done is killed it, it's release will pass by with only a week or so of attention, then drop off the face of the earth like every other EGS timed exclusive.

I gave up on the series after 2, but this is just suicide.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

kys

Stay salty redditor

Eh this whole epic game store thing is just one big lesson in patience
Honestly I've gotten to the point where as long as it'll come to steam sooner or later I can wait it out

Absolutely based, epic shills will beta test the game before it truly releases on Steam with full DLCs and $20 sale.

What do you lose by buying it on Epic instead of Steam? Why is Yea Forums putting up such a hissy fit about Epic?

I haven't used It Epic yet and I'm genuinely asking. Is it the Spyware? Or because they made Fortnite?

Nobody's given a good answer and it just seems childish, "I've been using Steam and I like it" bullshit

>Complaining about shills
"I won't buy it unless it's on "''"truly""'" on Steam"

Attached: 1554143261829.jpg (307x307, 21K)

Having multiple platforms for games on PC is just plain bad.

Every single one of you steamfags "who don't care anymore" will buy this shit the literal instant it's on Steam. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

truth

Ill buy goty edition christmas 2020 on steam for 10 bucks

Finally, a sane thread amongst all the shill threads.

People will pirate the game and probably (eventually) buy the game on steam when it's super cheap.

The publishers don't care
they've got their money, the product and consumer can go fuck themselves

For me It's a mix of spyware and not wanting to support a company that pays for exclusivity
and yeah people like steam, why would they want to be forced to use an inferior platform?

Origin and UPlay have always been shit and inferior in every aspect to Steam. Now that Steam gets a legitimate competitor that's a bad thing because you're too lazy to click to the only other worthwhile store?

Retard

what if they released it on both but it was cheaper on epic?

I have no reason to buy games on release unless it's a masterpiece. Borderlands can wait.

If they make it cross platform. With consoles I'll definitely grab it though

Majority of sales will be on consoles, so I dont think 2K is botherd that much

>STEAM GOOD
steam has had all kinds of anticonsumer practices my man, it's out to suck up your data and money just like any other digital marketplace. At least Epic gives more money to devs, which should eventually force Steam to do something nice too.

Monopolies are not pro-consumer user, it's econ 101

if it was legitimate competition it wouldn't be buying exclusives

Nigger

Not really an actual legit competitor, it's mostly a waiting game to see if Epic is also as shit and inferior like Origin.

Steam is not a monopoly though user, and paid exclusives are not good competition
I wouldn't be constantly shitting on epic and their shills if they'd just commit to fair competition and stop paying for exclusives
and I'd argue that everything steam does for the consumer far outweighs what they do against the consumer, I mean yeah they want my money they're a fucking store of course they do, at least they're not poking through the data of their competitors services on my computer without my consent

I don't bother buying games until they've been out 5 years and are under 10 dollars anyway. I've got an xbawkshuege backlog, and even if I finished that I could like read BOOKS or learn a skill or something.

It's a good plan really. Best to get GOTY edition with complete DLC at reduced prices. People are way too impatient.

steam, off the top of my head had only one anti consumer thing
and that was only being allowed to refund one game on steam before the refund system was changed
now its fair

You shouldn't be paying for digital distribution to begin with. Don't care about physical copies or an actual physical copy isn't offered? Then you should be exclusively pirating.
Valve has done more damage to gaming than any other company.

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna it pirate teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOOO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK I'M COOL! DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: border pirate.jpg (701x649, 77K)

Because all the downsides of having a large scale launch platform for games, is outweighed with steam because of its monopoly. You only need to worry about setup, maintenance, performance, and quality of use once since you only have one. Like having one car that you use to drive anywhere you go and have looked after it for years making it your own.

If you now need to use two platforms, thats like having 2 cars, each with their own WOF and all kinds of car shit, that you have to use separately for work and general travel just because your asshat company decided you need to use their work car or you cant come to work.

PC's current situation has us with 5 cars and its only growing. Its a fucking problem.

>Going on discord
>People power tripping
Big big big surprise.

Pirates are saying fuck that, I'll walk.

why would we give a shit about a discord server?

The solution is to strip these storefronts of their DRM properties, so they only let you download launchers for each game, and nothing more. In other words, they should just be GOG. I wouldn't have a problem with steam or epic if their launchers were optional and I could just buy their games from my internet browser. Then I download "gamelauncher.exe" and I'm set. I find it funny that epic shills talk about steam being "cluttered with crap we'll never use" and yet they're okay with bloatware being shoved onto their computers. bunch of idiots.

I will buy it on epic, I dont really give ashit. I still play mostly with randoms

But you Valve drones voted for this when you accepted Steam and digital distribution
EGS would have never even been attempted if Valve were boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam like they should have been.

This shill just post the same shit literally on his topic

>people didn't boycott steam
>what's that? GOG users did? THEY DON'T COUNT DRM IS GOOD COMPANIES NEED TO PUNISH PEOPLE FOR WANTING TO OWN THEIR GAMES

:thinking:

>he thinks majority of sales will be on PC

Keep crying

EGS wouldnt have been attempted if valve sweetened the deal on new releases. They are holding out and thats the only reason EGS even has a chance to buy out all these devs.

Has nothing to do with boycotting and indirect voting 15something years ago.

I hate GoG for getting you faggots to accept a different definition of DRM. Having to have an account or be authorized by a server at any point is DRM, all these console wannabe platforms are inherently DRM. It doesn't matter if you don't need to go through it again or if you can back it up. Old physical copies with offline DRM that didn't need an account or server authorization at any point to access the game from the source (the physical media) was still rightfully considered DRM even though it has less and not as bad DRM and sometimes could be backed up and played without ever having to go through the DRM again yet it was still rightfully considered DRM.
All these console wannabe platforms are cancer, yes even GoG, they all charge for a download and are the pre requisite for tactics like easy distribution of dlc and micro transactions and intentionally releasing their games unfinished or unplayable without a patch because they can update it through the platform.
GoG is just as harmful to gaming as Steam and EGS
People should be demanding DRM free physical releases on PC but everyone is too busy praising le gaben and marcin
Death to Valve
Death to GoG
Death to Epic.