It's over, Steam lost, Borderlands is fucking huge...

It's over, Steam lost, Borderlands is fucking huge, probably going to be one of the best selling games of 2019 and it's an Epic exclusive.

RIP Steam, you had a good run.

Attached: OHNO.jpg (1094x987, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17735191/
borderlands.com/en-US/shop/#rg="united-states"
2k.com/en-US/game/borderlands-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>59.99
wtf they said epic would sell games cheaper than steam reeeeeeeeee

>probably going to be one of the best selling games of 2019

Maybe on Reddit

So it'll be a success like Captain Marvel?

>Borderlands is fucking huge

Borderlands 2 sold over 10 million copies on Steam alone.

It's huge.

>not being a smart ass and buy Borderlands 3 full DLC complete edition on Steam for $20 in 1 or 2 years

There isn't even 10 million concurrent PC Epic users.

7 years ago, during which its creators have been diligently falling into irrelevance.

Giving these publishers any money for this game gives them permission to repeat this process. If they're going to get your money anyway there's no reason to stop.

borderlands is shit tho

More likely, it's going to sell decently well on Epic games, and then when it stops being an Epic Exclusive it's going to get significantly more sales.

Attached: propaganda.jpg (550x400, 34K)

Borderlands is going to sell 10+ million copies in it's first week alone.

Screenshot this.

>One game is going to unseat Steam.
You sure about that user?
You wouldn't be using hyperbole would you?

How the fuck does anybody stand these games? They're like the obnoxious le wackiness from Shithesda Fallout turned up to a billion

Attached: 1469656315472.png (521x521, 43K)

Go check twitter or reddit, the shitstorm is massive over this and nobody is defending Epic. This will be one of many strikes against Epic that might actually push them to improve their store front.

>Steam cope

there's a lot of faggots in this world

>Go check twitter or reddit, the shitstorm is massive over this and nobody is defending Epic
lol just like it was massive over Exodus, or The Division 2, both of which went on to sell amazingly kek

GAMERS RISE UP, AMIRITE?

Fucking pathetic. Borderlands 3 Collectors Editions sold out in half an hour.

Normies love this shit, and nomies make up the majority of the market. What don't you understand?

>we now live in a timeline where PC is committing console warfaggotry with themselves

What a time to be alive.

Attached: bat.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

yes and that was before battleborn failing and more shooty looties entering the market. bl3 won't be huge, it will be an average game that people will beg gearbox to turn into another battle royale.

>RIP Steam, you had a good run.

All shitposting, anti-chinese posting, and general crap aside, Valve isn't doing anything anyway to stop it so...

Is Gearbox I dare say it, back? Is this Randy's redemption arc? New Brothers in Arms when?

It's a fun looter shooter.

Pre-sequel flopped hard tho. It's irrelevant franchise at this point.

If Exodus sold amazingly why did steamspy/ebin store guy hide the numbers for the original release of last light on his website? It can't be because 2.5x 20k is 50k copies only, can it? I can still find it through Google but I imagine that won't last very long now.

Sure. On PS4.

>Pre-sequel flopped hard tho.
>Sold over 5 million copies on Steam
>flopped
Try again.

What? Last Light sold like 1 million + copies.

Gonna pirate it.
Fuck 2K.

>The Division 2
Literally nobody bought it on Epic. You still need uPlay anyway to launch it, so people bought it on Ubi store.

>Something makes me mad
>I'm going to commit a crime
Nigger.

fun diabolo style game

people like what you don't like get over it

How many people bought it on Steam?

>crime

lmao

Definitely a nigger.

Guys seriously, is no one considering the fact that Valve has spent the first quarter of the year not fighting this at all?

I mean it's not really Epic's fault if Valve isn't doing anything but letting Epic get the new games and going "ah shucks" behind the scenes.

Redux sold millions, not the original LL for it's PC launch period, which is what their 2.5x refers to. The original came out just after THQ closed with pretty much no advertising and had ranger difficulty as DLC. The launch was rough as fuck but thankfully for 4A Redux turned things around (though the original 2033 is better).

borderlands is a mid-sized franchise. On par with assassins creed, so I think it c an be a good jump that epic needs to propel their launcher into relevancy. Now, if they could somehow convince actiblizz to release the next cod, or bungie to put destiny 3 on there? that would for sure bring it up.

>diabolo

What would you suggest they do? Start buying exclusivity just like Epic and justify this practice to the point where it becomes commonplace and we end up with a mirror image of the console market? Valve is doing exactly what it should be doing, focusing on improving its own service.

>fighting this at all
RE2 DMCV and Sekiro. Just nothing good in Feb.

No, the original sold millions as well user. Might want to check your facts.

Attached: MetroLL.jpg (1608x756, 177K)

Yes.

>Guys seriously, is no one considering the fact that Valve has spent the first quarter of the year not fighting this at all?
Why do you think Bethesda games are back on Steam?
I guarantee Valve is throwing money around to lure publishers back to Steam.

Who said that? You thought the better revenue share would make them charge less? Hahaha

that 2.5X also only included a small time span

Well, piracy it is. Certainly not gonna buy the game on steam in 2020. 2K games can suck my dick.

What the fuck, this is what I get right now
Something's fucked up here, are you a part of the patreon or something? I get completely different data

Attached: waitasecond.png (552x645, 285K)

>not being able to read
sad

Why is it $60? Didn’t the lower cut would allow them to sell cheaper than Steam?

I seriously doubt it. It's just Bethesda trying to win some good faith back. Also, Bethesda launcher is a fucking disaster. It eats like 600mb of RAM while having barebone functionality.

thats a shame, i really like borderlands and would like to support them but thats a pirate for me.

>back on steam
that's because the bethesda launcher failed, don't delude yourself on that front. I'm sure steam is doing something to combat the moneyhatting, but bethesda is probably the one company that isn't part of it. fo76 and quake champions were both colossal failures. In the future I expect bethesda launcher to just be a slightly cheaper option for beth games, and maybe some better preorder shit, or early release for dlc. Not releasing on steam is just dumb, timed exclusivity is a good tradeoff, because steam is full of people who have a tendency to buy on sale anyway, so 6 months to a year after launch, they throw up a "complete" edition for $40, everyone buys it, and it's a win win for the publisher. Consumer concern doesn't really matter to them either.
It would allow them, but why would they when retards will buy it for $60? The only reason metro was cheaper was because it was the first.

Who gives a shit? Why do you carr which corporation takes your money? It's not like Epic store is not free to install.

>RE2 DMCV and Sekiro
All garbage weebshit. Steam needs to step up.

look at the trailer, it's a shitshow. this thing looks awful and it's clear by their willingness to make it a chinese govt exclusive they have no confidence in the game. they're probably looking for a quick cashgrab and putting it on the chinese botnet will ensure almost no one is stopped from buying it due to poor reviews and serious issues because no one will fucking know about them. it's a good time to be a shitty developer.

cope

Steam Spy Data was fucked after the API change, you have to look at cached pages before the API change.

It's the same sunk cost fallacy bullshit as console wars. everyone's mad that "their" store doesn't have literally everything. It's pretty funny honestly, outs all the retards here for being console warring faggots.

>Borderlands 3 purchase poll
>strawpoll.me/17735191/
You better buy it again when it releases a second time my goy!!

Fuck that russian jew anyway.

I like having one launcher, and don't want my info in the hands of Chinese commies.

Borderlands games are legitimately the most boring pieces of shit to play. There's no mechanical skill involved, the hitboxes are xbox hueg, the art style looks like shit, the movement is slow, the itemisation is 90% of the time boring stat stick bullshit with X elemental damage. Even the division gives more meaningful itemisation. The 'story' is completely forgettable and might as well not exist. The world is generally barren and devoid of life outside of hubs. So much for a quality open world game. So why was it well recieved? "Unique" concept in an era where the industry lacked recently released loot-a-thons. It's amazing how Borderlands 2 manages to be even worse.

Attached: 74648484.jpg (565x564, 50K)

Well sitting around doing nothing isn't really working.
What about the other quarters? Does Steam have any big name releases coming soley for it soon? The longer Steam waits, the more attention goes to other services.
>Why do you think Bethesda games are back on Steam?
Yeah I checked your bullshit, Fallout 76 isn't on Steam, and the only Beth games on steam are the ones that have always been there since Morrowind.

Look I'm not shitting on Valve and saying they're worthless, but objectively speaking, Epic wants to push Valve over after 10 years of being the dominant PC player, and Valve is just happily laying down and going for it.

Also there has never been any succesful "boycott" of anything vidya related. Boycotts are already a hard thing to do IRL, needing alot of dedication, and moreso in this age of slacktivism where it's even too hard to get kids to give a shit about stuff on the internet. But it always falls apart because the moment these boycotters see people having fun with the game they're boycotting in the first place, they're most likely going to cave in, buy the game, and join them, Epic or not. No one wants to wait a year to play Borderlands 3 when it's community numbers dwindle a bit after initial launch time, nor two years to get a GOTY edition at a cheaper price on Steam when it's community is either slow or worse, dead.

That's the facts. Even if anons keep posting these ant-chinese memes, it won't change a thing, good or ill.

Epic shills on bargaining phase

>Epic exclusive.
so CPY store then?

Oh no, TWO launchers? How will you ever recover?

Keep coping shill. I don't want multiple DRM platforms.

By pirating.

Who's bargaining? You're the one completely butt flustered about having to install a 200 MB app.

>Well sitting around doing nothing isn't really working.
It's working perfectly fine. Steam doesn't need to start fucking over customers with anti-consumer practices in order prevent some sort of catastrophe. Epic will learn soon enough that strong arming their customers and only trying to appease publishers is not a viable long term strategy, and burning through customer good will before you even establish any is going to make people bail on that launcher as soon as they possibly can. If the only way it can become relevant is to force exclusivity, the only way it can stay relevant is to continue forcing exclusivity, and that's just not a reasonable option. They're hemorrhaging money like you wouldn't believe.

>chink spyware is a legitimate launcher gaissss

Attached: i have this great drink for you.jpg (400x220, 20K)

I think at this point if you're the kind of person who would actually support putting money in Randy "Funneled money from a publisher to make Borderlands 2 and outsourced the majority of the development to a nearly dead D-tier studio of the actual game the publisher paid for" Pitchford, you're the kind of person that would download the Epic Store launcher and actually buy Borderlands 3.

The only two things that can get me to buy a game is if it's an mmo or if it's on the steam store. If I buy a game on steam it's purely for convenience. If a game is not an mmo and not on steam there is no reason to spend money on it.

>poster from my Huawei phone

Based.

>Please, please just install our bloatware! It's just 200mb
Yeah, sounds like bargaining

Borderlands 2 was great, why wouldn't I buy Borderlands 3?
>giving a fuck about petty drama
Are you a woman?

>It's not like Epic store is not free to install.
not the issue for me. i'm not supporting a store that doesn't offer me anything as a consumer. i use uplay because they offer me a 20% discount for just playing games and doing achievements. i use steam for its many community features. i use gog because they sell old games and the occasional drm free new release. epic has a river of money flowing through it and they could gather talented people to make a great client that surpasses everyone else and devise brilliant consumer oriented incentives. instead they do the opposite, they diminish my buying power and announce it's going to take them a year to make a basic client. its clear they don't care about people who want to spend money on video games, so no thank you.

>Supporting a criminal is petty

Yep, you're exactly that type. You do you, bud.

Yeah but you're ignoring the obvious.

The average consumer IS. NOT. going to wait a year to play Borderlands or Outer Worlds. They will give Epic their money long before Steam get's this income.

Rather, not wanting to support a criminal. Also, 'the last one was good' is a pretty questionable mentality considering it's six years old and they've made precisely nothing of value since then. That's like buying Inquisition because Origins was good

Borderlands only ever sold on console, this will be the same with ten times more piracy on PC. Kys Zhang.

Joke's on you I don't have a phone

Your average consumer isn't even going to realize outer worlds exists, or is even out to be honest

But loot shooters aren't fun.

That's their right. They're the customer. You seem to believe this is going to topple Valve. It's not. Sucking off publishers doesn't please customers, and as brainless as you like to think customers are the trends in markets never favor companies that continually ignore their customers or engage in monopolistic business practices. You need to be an actual monopoly to pull that off and Epic isn't a monopoly.

>No option for "lol not playing"
shit poll

Don't want to deal with epic store shit so going to pirate it.

>Hehehe fuck Borderlands I'm gonna pirate teheheh
Alright I'll just ban you
>NOOOOOOO DON'T BAN ME BORDERCHAD AAAAAAAAAAA THIS'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ACTING LIKE A CU-CKOLD AAAAAAAAA

Attached: njgr.jpg (701x649, 34K)

>discord

Attached: 1530519923623.jpg (409x618, 58K)

I didn't say Epic was going to topple Valve, at least on their own.

It's just standard capitalism. One market get's old after a decade or so, and get's replaced by someone else eventually. Look at Dominicks.

GET YER SAILS UP, LADDEHS

Attached: steamcucks and epicucks COPE.jpg (1280x720, 858K)

This is not standard capitalism. This is a business practice used by monopolies to stay in power. This is bad for customers. You should not be permissive.

power tripping mods on the internet are hilarious, imagine taking your meagre position that seriously lol

>Actual paid marketing shills for the release of Borderlands 1 on Yea Forums
>Now suddenly 3 is announced and there are more than five threads about it

Hmmmmm..

>chink spyware
It's okay when [your local government with jurisdiction over you] does it.

Yeah, it's almost like people are excited for Borderlands 3 and love seeing Steam fags cry.

It's win/win baby.

these are just epic shills

>Excited for Borderlands 3

Utterly baffling. I don't even think more than 30% of the discussion is about the actual game compared to just shitflinging about EGS

>compared to just shitflinging about EG
That's steam fags for you.

Hope you enjoy BL single player lmao

doesn't matter, I always soloed all story before playing multiplayer

>Pirate game
>Install it and start it up
>Immediately close and uninstall
MOM TOLD ME I WAS ALWAYS A LITTLE TOO CRAZY

Attached: honkahonka.jpg (510x627, 37K)

>singleplayer
LAN Play with Hamachi. Works every time. They're 100% using the same engine too.

Have sex.

Borderlands 3 is UE4, and there's no LAN support.

Checkmate atheist.

>there's no LAN support
source?

it WAS elemental stuff in the original, 2 and presequel added some more unique modifiers. smgs that fire buckshot, slug guns, assault rifles that fire fiddy cal

i do, thanks

borderlands.com/en-US/shop/#rg="united-states"
>Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op
No LAN, Online or Splitscreen only.

I don't think that necessarily means there's no LAN, just that it isn't worth bringing up as a bullet point. LAN hasn't really been a popular form of co-op in a long while. The remaster of 1 still supports lan so obviously they still care to some degree.

go to bed Randy

>willingly paying for Randy Pitchford's cuckshed upgrade
guys what the fuck
he gets 5 dollars a week from his bull for snacks and he only spends 3, he'll get his shed up to code on his own

Pretty sure they don't describe PC-only features on a site where they show features of the general game. Borderlands 1, 2 and Pre-Sequel weren't advertised with "LAN" specifically, but it still exists.

At least it won't have Anthony Burch involved.

What is that faggot cuck even up to these days after getting fired from Gearbox and being 'betrayed' by his sister?

I'm guessing sucking cocks at the nearest truck stop. For free.

>Borderlands 1, 2 and Pre-Sequel weren't advertised with "LAN" specifically, but it still exists.
Wrong, the explicitly state that they support LAN.
2k.com/en-US/game/borderlands-2/

Attached: LAN.jpg (1476x567, 157K)

pre-release 2 and presequel didn't mention lan at all.

You expect Take 2 of all fucking publishers would not be greedy fucks?

Attached: 1545329559253.png (1692x1621, 289K)

>trust me
No thanks, I can find lots of proof that they did advertise LAN support prior to release and continue to advertise it as a feature.

I'll pirate it and wait for the goty on steam or gog or maybe not if the game is shit, biggest problem is that if I don't pirate I will have to avoid discussion and spoilers about it for 6m onths

Please post it then. I'm not asking you to believe me, i'm telling you because I remember sitting and waiting for weeks, looking around and not being able to find shit because they advertised explicitly to the console crowd.

Hes still gonna pirate.

Anyone mind telling me how to pirate?

I’ll just buy Doom thanks
>loot shooters

It's not really powertripping. You probably don't use discord, fair enough, but they're absolute cunts, if anyone at any point in your server has ever said anything (even deleted) that they perceive as going against their TOS, they can ban everyone in the server, and shut down said server. And you're powerless against it. If you're not hardline you risk you r entire server getting shut down cause some whiny cunt can't stand that steam no longer has a monopoly.

That's only for partnered servers which are cesspits filled with hundreds, if not thousands of users.
That definitely isn't a partnered server considering the ESL moderator.

No, you're more likely to be given a second chance with a partnered server. Without, all it takes is someone making an account, joining, spamming stupid shit, then reporting the server to get it nuked. It's happened before, It continues to happen even now. I lost a server 5 days ago because of some cunt whining about some retard who streams and shills his shit (that I delete all the time), then he started spamming porn, and would you look at that, even after deleting it, the server is deleted, I'm banned, with no way to appeal.

Attached: thumbs up.gif (477x265, 422K)

Not him but you're a crybaby. Never expect anything out of your control to be the way you want it to be.

maybe valve will be spurred to make a decent game? if i have to use epic to get a free game every two weeks and play world war z and borderlands 3 online im in. the game they are giving away is this week 50 bucks on steam

It's fun and you can play different styles like teleport behind you-unsheat katana or le epic 360 sniper

I wouldn't trust them to make a good game considering their recent endeavors.

i dont even get why they'd do this the game has thrived on steam for a long ass time. fucking lame as fuck.

Attached: 1469414022100.jpg (640x625, 43K)

>crime
>

Where was I crying? I'm just stating the facts that discord is a shithole that will ban you and delete your servers at the drop of a hat because they're so afraid to upset their advertisers/investors with the risk of the filth it hosts coming to light. I've already made a new server, I stopped bothering to put in real effort after the second one they deleted for 0 reason without giving me a response other than "uhhh some ToS stuff was broken I guess".

I wish I could just go back to using vent or irc but no one uses them anymore. At least it's not skype I guess.

>Valve suddenly releases Half-Life 3
>It looks like it might somehow live up to the hype through ancient black magics
>Gay Ben makes the announcement that it will be sold on both Steam and the Epic Store

>Where was I crying?
>I lost a server 5 days ago because of some cunt whining about some retard who streams and shills his shit (that I delete all the time), then he started spamming porn, and would you look at that, even after deleting it, the server is deleted, I'm banned, with no way to appeal.
I know that you think you have a good reason to cry, but this does not mean you're not crying. Crying can be justified. But I don't care about your feelings. And once more I'm going to stipulate I'm not the person you were talking to. I'm someone else that doesn't want to listen to you cry about what happens to you in a chat program.

>crying
I was posting a point, to the user claiming that it was only partnered servers. Are you retarded or just shitposting?

But you understand this and continue to use their service while complaining. This is why I have an issue with the shit you're saying. It's why I'm describing what you're doing as crying. The point you're making is that Discord is shit but you're still using it. You're no different from the shit heads that come here and complain about the rules.

This. They think my demand for the base game is $60? Iol

>complaining
again not complaining, posting a point
you're just retarded. Have a nice day, and make sure to wear your helmet, user.

Since Reddit is huge, that would be all they need really.

dead ip
there is nothing interesting in running around picking up guns and shooting for the 3rd fucking time

>Sells tens of millions of copies
Pssst, nothing personal sperg.

It is not like an improved store would actually change anything. At this point people bitch about epic store just because it is epic store.

>Anti-piracy shilling

I can smell the meager salaries from here

They would have to sell three times as many copies on Steam to make the same profit.

If Steam wasn't so greedy, it'd be a no brainer, but Steam is greedy as fuck so it makes financial sense to go elsewhere.

I'll just buy it after 6 months though?

Oh snap.

honestly I will be surprised if it sells at least 10 mil

Imagine actually giving a fuck about Blanderlands 3: It's Fucking Nothing Edition when you can play Risk of Rain 2 instead.

Just gonna grab it on console. Rather play it on pc but fuck epic and fuck tencent.

launch, not all time

Pc as platform is not as relevant as consoles these days. They can afford to lose some sells while making extra epic store exclusivity money since the majority of the game will sell on Xbox One/PS4 anyway.

Yaarrrrrrr, day one fucking pirate for me brehs :)

this

I think pic related sums up the whole discussion on Yea Forums quite well. See you ingame in September, lads ;)

Attached: vote with youre wallet.jpg (800x666, 84K)

Yeah, will be great to play as Moze and your friend can sit in the back of the mech! Oh wait, you can't play online with your pirated copy? Aww, that kinda sucks. But then again, what are friends anyway, right?

Attached: 1549492055587m.jpg (859x1024, 141K)

>he thinks you cant play online on pirated games

That's because it's one of those games everyone gets on sale for $5.99

Do not forget the higher transaction fee!

Attached: 15563798982555.jpg (500x500, 35K)

oh no no no don't fucking tell him brah

>The Division 2
Nobody cared because people buy Ubisoft's games directly on Uplay.
And look at Exodus, the game was forgotten within days because nobody played it

>you can't play online with your pirated copy

Attached: benefit.jpg (300x392, 33K)

How do you see other people in a single player?

Why would they?
Look at Bethesda, they cam crawling back since their games weren't selling.
Epic can''t afford to be paying for lost sales and bribes forever.
They'll wait it out, they are not worth attention when they need to spend so much effort to even get one game.

>epic says launch sales
>shill can only pull up lifetimesales

Attached: 1554361658127.gif (400x250, 1.52M)

So, why is this cut thing suddenly a problem, and why don't they have a problem with Sony and Microsoft taking that cut?

It's co-op, not multiplayer, you can play with Hamachi or Tunngle.

How will you see anyone playing Borderlands 3 in the Ebin launcher when it doesn't have that feature?

Attached: 1548684950948.jpg (407x428, 20K)

I eagerly await reddit's bitching of how the game isn't like division 2 but with wacky toon characters.

because Epic and Sweeney have been parroting it
every time someone says something bad about their store he goes buhhhh steam thirty percent bad!

>toon
Stick to reddit.

>petty drama

Attached: 1553090499980.jpg (640x426, 58K)

>steam no longer has a monopoly
How many again Chang?

Attached: Monopoly.jpg (500x372, 55K)

>DUDE, ENDLESS ULTRA SARCASTIC AND SELF AWARE QUIPS ONE AFTER ANOTHER LMAO

Attached: 1543481710066.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Gearbox has never made a good game.

Think about that for a second

honestly I will be surprised if it doesn't sell at least 10 mil

Objectively wrong.

>They would have to sell three times as many copies on Steam to make the same profit.

Attached: 1553510329025.png (399x391, 14K)

turn off the voices and play a podcast in the background.

As a PC player I've pretty much mastered the art of having to wait years to play a game. This really doesn't bother me anymore, whenever I get to play it, it'll be new to me.

>its only 6 months exclusive

This is baby tier waiting, I was expecting a year at least.

Attached: 7b8.png (658x663, 578K)

Oh shit, it's in my launcher too.

Attached: 1529555031284.png (846x1080, 1.35M)

>Epic can''t afford to be paying for lost sales and bribes forever.
Tencent will just start to pump in money into Epic. Hell, by now I wouldn't be suprised if old boy Tim just wants to cash out on Epic, inflates it's worth by buying all the exclusives he can get his hands on, and then jump ship before it crashes. It would at least explain why the fuck he keeps on changing his stance weekly on every important aspect of the store.

Attached: EGS roadmap.png (2490x1200, 1.14M)

But I thought that was sekiro?

>only exclusive for half a fucking year
hahahah holy shit how desperate are you

meh. its not like i wanted to give that pedo Randy my money anyway. i do wonder how much Epic did pay him. was it more then he stole from sega?

based as fuck

this. 2 was awful, and the humor has always been reddit-tier rick and morty feces. Considering it's from the developers of Battleborn we have no reason to expect any better this time around.