Which video game power would you prefer?

Double Jump Vs. Long Jump Vs. Wall Jump

Attached: Untitled.png (623x551, 26K)

The long jump!

blj

wall jump since long jumping is already a thing humans can naturally do with enough practice

Attached: 64.gif (231x239, 1.56M)

>i'm lovin i-

Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y A H O O

Double jump. I can already wall jump with enough speed and good shoes

Long Jump > Double Jump > Wall Jump
Most games in design get trivialised by the addition of a 2nd jump of similar height than the 1st one. It's a fun option but yeah, game either gets too easy or the level design becomes a mediocre mess of tiny platforms with everything else surrounding you being a deadly obstacle.
Wall Jump is a pretty niche ability that doesn't have much to offer. Don't really need to go further about it.
Long Jump is usually more fine than Double Jump because more platformers are built on verticality rather than horizontality. If done right, it's usually just a fun movement option that can let you speed through the game if you know the levels well enough.

Wall jump if you can do it on a single wall like in Metroid, otherwise, double jump.

I encounter more situations in which wall jumping would be a cool thing to do than long or double jumps. I very rarely find myself needing to clear wide gaps by jumping, but getting to roofs in any alleyway would be rad.

Man, I'm too fat to be jumping.

Fuck. It's like a tie between wall and long jump. I say long jump, I can do it in more places.

bump

How does momenum work for double jump?
Could I survive falling from great heights by performing one while close the ground?

double jump
>skydiving with no chute
>jump again for soft landing
If we're assuming normal human jumps that's not much height but being able to unanimously pick yourself up in midair from falls, trips, dives, or whatever is nutty.

Where would wall jump even be practical irl? Assuming you don't get extra jump length/height, you'd be limited to being able to jump up walls like 4 feet apart - do you encounter those often in your life?

asking the real questions

That may work just the way jumping inside crashing downd elevator does.

>Could I survive falling from great heights by performing one while close the ground?
Yeah because your second jump is just another jump but the air is your platform

fuck you're dumb

You're retarded, do you realize how fast you'd be falling with your body perpendicular to the ground? (which it would have to be to jump)
You're either going to jump way too early and break bones or leave it too late and fucking die.

That does next to nothing to the impulse you have. Please, study physics.

Backwards Long Jump

Let me guess: american education?

Not entertaining a mongoloid who can't distinguish between momentum within a falling elevator and free fall.

>bringing up physics in a hypothetical thread abput 300 lb virgins being able to jump at all

>be me OP
>user telling me what are and aren't my rules
this is why I don't answer questions when I make these threads

It seems I was correct.
Please, visit a real school.

put on a trip so I can filter it you immense retard

Attached: laugh.jpg (500x387, 45K)

You've brought the platform bullshit upon yourself. Could have come up with lolmagic argument and not expose yourself for a fool you are.

>Could have come up with lolmagic argument and not expose yourself for a fool you are.
My hypothetical scenario, my rules. If I say the air is a platform, it's a platform.

Hilarious, you still don't get it.
That means one with doublejump ability would either instantly explode the second he tries to perform it or end up with this scenario: - depending on how that platform works.

Hilarious, you still don't get it.
My scenario, my rules. Whatever I say goes. You fuckers have no input. We're discussing fiction, your shitty real world logic has no impact here.

>Jump out of the plane
>Second jump is equal to the first jump so you go launching back up into the air
>Fall back down again with no jump to save you

Fool.

Double jump breaks known laws of physics, so that one.

Also, with double jump, you can:
>Jump off airplane without a parachute
>10 feet from impact, double jump and take 0 fall damage

Wouldn't a double jump fucking collapse your spine?

I'm just having a good laugh at how dumb you and your rules are.

Would the double jump break my legs if I jumped from a high spot and double jumped like I do in games to mitigate falldamage

Attached: sdfsdfsdf.png (345x548, 23K)

Either that or you'll just leave a slightly lesser splat on the ground.

You'd take all the fall damage from the first jump.

one-walled wall jump like in super meat boy

jumping an additional 4 ft into the air would likely destroy your kneecaps
double jumps would only be good if it prevented fall damage because of changed momentum
wall jumping would only be useful if you can use it on any walls not just wall to wall

If I have to choose as-is I'd go for wall jumping because it has the most usability on average

I'm just having a good laugh at how you're still replying.

Monkey paw: you are SMB now. You have no skin and bleed all the time. That's probably really painful.

Stay mad.

>4 fucking feet
Jesus fuck, I could get four extra feet by exercising regularly. Anyone who picks long jump over literally doubling your jump height and distance is a retard, and OP is a retard.

ok, then i want a wall jump

long jump is +4 feet in addition to your own base jump length, but you'd still fucking destroy your knees from landing

>long jump is +4 feet in addition to your own base jump length
Yeah, that’s why I said anyone who picked it is retarded. Even the fattest fuck can jump 4 feet forwards. Height is harder, but still fairly easy to reach 4 feet.

Most of games cancel current vertical velocity to zero and sets your vertical speed to somewhat positive

how about one where you still jump normally but you remove fall damage

that would be the best skill to have