Scenes in games you will never forget

>Scenes in games you will never forget

Attached: 300px-The_Searing_cinematic_still.jpg (300x162, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MAgCmi9869Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
youtu.be/FrFSDWx82sw
youtube.com/watch?v=fDY-PxP-2CU
youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
youtube.com/watch?v=OeHgrf5z4C0
youtube.com/watch?v=CXR9Bi9WkEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pre Searing was so comfy. Post searing was a lesson the world is a cruel place

Attached: 256px-NoRussian.jpg (256x144, 15K)

I will never forgive the charr for what they did to Ascalon. I will never forget being that level 6 mesmer/monk randomly grouped with 3 others duking it out against another randomly generated team in pvp. Forming fast bonds like that in pvp then getting sent out on a pve mission together to take down some charr south of the wall was amazing. Only to watch it all crumble down as the fucking charr obliterate everything that made Ascalon great.
FUCK THE CHARR
ASCALON FOR THE ASCALONIANS
I WILL NEVER FORGIVE
I WILL NEVER FORGET

For Ascalon

I will never forget Prince Rurik's sacrifice.
I will never forget that first view of Lion's Arch.
I will never forget trying to dodge meteors, as am I'm being chased by Hydras in the desert.
I will never forget the sea of WaMos stuck at Thunderhead Keep, desperately looking to get carried.

Attached: 5175821943_d7b64d3d53_b.jpg (1024x768, 160K)

I will never forget walking up to Ms. Liberty in Atlas park for the first time and training new powers.
God i miss this game

Attached: 33-MsLiberty.jpg (781x626, 69K)

>I will never forget the sea of WaMos stuck at Thunderhead Keep, desperately looking to get carried.

Don't even remind me.
>Prophecies comes out
>Warrior, Monk and Elementalist are the holy trinity of the game
>Factions comes out
>Assassin steals every role from Warrior
>dps, tanking, all of it
>even after shadow form was nerfed five times, they are still a better choice
It was horrible. If not for my guild of friends I'd never get GWAMM and 50/50 points in Hall of Monuments since no one wanted Warriors in their team.

COME ON
SENOR DICKHEAD

Attached: GTA_III_Intro.jpg (1024x768, 69K)

That dinner party in the Witcher 3

Seriously you know you will never forget this.

Attached: v1gaghplm4j21.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

youtu.be/MAgCmi9869Y

i played this game for multiple hours and forgot literally everything about it, it was the most boring waste of time ive ever wasted my time on

Only because THE MACHO MAN made a surprise appearance

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg

GW1 is my all time favorite gaming experience. My main account has clocked over 5500 hours. Pre searing is vidyas comfiest place.

youtu.be/FrFSDWx82sw

So in Guild Wars 2, the Charr just win? Ascalon is theirs, and everyone just has to suck it up?

4.5h hours here and yeah, same for me.
EoTN was a fucking mistake though.
My GW experience peaked when Factions came out. Nightfall brought a lot of cancer to the community.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDY-PxP-2CU

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.49M)

Yes, its fucking disgusting.

ending of halo 3 still gives me chills

Attached: 253111.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

I WANT TO HUG GWEN-CHAN!

Attached: Gwen-cheer.png (245x413, 82K)

Nearly. Humans are pretty much halfway out the door at this point, having nuked their own capital and turned the surrounding land into a blasted, haunted hellscape to slow the charr advance. However, a lot of the other races are being driven out of their old territory into Ascalon by the Elder Dragons' minions, so pretty much everyone's being pushed back to back. Some people want to fight other races for increasingly limited land and resources, others want to kill the Elder Dragons so everyone can go back home.

I remember going through Proph and being so annoyed at how bad the maps were laid out, I got lost more than I did in that campaign than in any other. The map was absolutely horrible to use too.

there's one guy updating the game who will fix all of the classes by 2030, if you still have guild wars and didn't see it, go check out your bank tabs

Heh,
>when you get PTSD over your company treatment of the franchise so you retreat back to the roots and channel your inner autism into tweaking 14-yo game.

Attached: drdhz.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

I want to BE Gwen-chan!

The first Guild Wars was such a good fucking game. I got 50/50 Hall of Monuments and God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals because I was so stoked about GW2 only to be massively disappointed, I do not think I have touched that game since it came out in 2012. What a fucking travesty bros.....

I came here to post about Guild Wars and Ascalon.
Jesus christ that was some memorable genocide.

If you haven't, you need to go find a copy of Guild Wars 1 and play the first several hours just to watch the burning of Ascalon and how well it is set-up in game.

>so much ecto in the game it should be worthless
>people regularly crash it to minimum price just because they have so much
>others are so hardcoded to think it's worth money that they buy it back up to it's normal price

is there a name for this

Okami - Issun getting praise for Amaterasu during the final boss.
Wonderful 101 - "Protect Earth"
Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn and Oswald reaffirming their love for each other.

I think it depends. I needed a second to remember it, I think it's more on what your first elder scrolls experience is.

I remember oblivions opening much more than Skyrim and even Morrowinds since I played those 2 first.

Also
Asura's Wrath - Fight against Yasha. Then against the Chakravartin.
SMT III: Nocturne - True Demon Ending

The Charr were right.

I feel you. I bought/pre-ordered the SHIT out of GW2, super-hype, addicted to GW for year/s and loved everything about it.
GW2 launched and I plunged right in, felt disheartened from the getgo with all the public-events / run around the map doing 'hearts', etc.
I actually 100%'d the entire worldmap and fiddled around in WvW the whole time my love of GW just slowly suffering in the background
eventually gave up and stopped several months post-launch
never looked back
never want to look back
rest in peace, real guild wars
>i actually hear all the post-launch content in gW2 is about literal lesbians and sjw bullshit and pushing nonsense as actual storyline, lel

playing a dead game out of habit

I remember it only because how tedious it was. For real, one of the worst opening to rpg or even any game.

>i actually hear all the post-launch content in gW2 is about literal lesbians and sjw bullshit and pushing nonsense as actual storyline, lel

they've been fixing that since the person in charge of doing the absolute most shameless virtue signalling got fired for being retarded but obviously all of the content she wrote is still there

Is it worth playing for story, writing, etc?
I know the 'endgame' is some awkward horizontal bullshit, but i might reinstall because the MMO market is well and truly dry as a fucking bone

? nothing is different though

no

I need to replay World at War someday.

Attached: big_1476790270_image.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Attached: D34D4E1AB02325C261390848E605942995C53A20[1].jpg (1024x576, 64K)

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

Most scenes in LoK are unforgettable, but the dialogue at the pillars comes out on top of them all.

Attached: latest[1].png (1280x800, 791K)

Attached: Ohayo Ohayo Bonjour.webm (640x480, 446K)

tfw activision still sells it for $20 11 years later

>autist spams gw2 general so hard for months he permanently kills it

Attached: Hi-res-Divine_Spirit.jpg (248x250, 10K)

thank you, it is stuck now

The first soviet missions in the first CoD. And yes, it is very much a rehash of Enemy at the Gate, but it still stuck in my mind.

Attached: 1471201925-73944371.jpg (950x713, 138K)

Why did it have to go away?

Attached: City-of-Heroes_Page_6_Image_0001.jpg (787x560, 89K)

>fix all classes
so by that you mean make everything worse

You don't scare me. Communist piece of shit...

Attached: bowman.jpg (1080x720, 48K)

>where is my gun
>what do you mean just run into the machine gun fire
>they won't really shoot me if I try to leave right?
The whole Russian campaign is amazing
Also
>cod 2 boot camp
>grenade throwing tutorial
>they give you a fucking potato

When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its majesty?
Blinded?
Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?
No.
Yet the humans were able to evade your ships, land on the Sacred Ring, and desecrate it with their filthy footsteps.
Noble Heirarchs...surely you understand that once the parasite attacked-
There will be order in this council!
You were right to focus your attention on the flood. But this demon, this Master Chief...
By the time I learned of the Demon's intent, there was nothing I could do.
Prophet of Truth, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bungler! The Counsel demands it!
You are one of our most treasured instruments... Long have you led your fleet with honor and distinction. But your.. inability to safeguard Halo... was a colossal failure.
Nay! It was heresy!
I shall... continue my campaign against the humans.
No! You will not! Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet...and you shall be left behind.

YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!!

BAWMAEENG

BAWMAEENNNG

EW FACKIN SANOFABEETCH

BANG!

youtube.com/watch?v=OeHgrf5z4C0

Attached: Ocelot_(Twin_Snakes).jpg (258x497, 23K)

Majula...

Attached: DarkSoulsIINextGen-1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.26M)

those grenade worth more than your life comrade

>tfw we can never go back to the Factions meta
God damn even revisiting GW1 today sucks. All the retarded PvE-only skills ruining builds makes even the PvE less fun to play in comparison to how it used to be.

Attached: 1475415729582.jpg (410x599, 94K)

>I was in a coffee shop running away from home when I heard the news
Absolute kino intro.

Attached: zanarkand-streets.jpg (860x630, 92K)

Attached: 1281880267342.png (478x3595, 92K)

Bear Seek Seek Lest

It's strange I don't remember this at all playing the game years back, I thought it was an addition to the Remaster when I played that again.

I want to HUG user when he BECOMES Gwen-chan

It's a weird choice since you never get a narrator other than Tidus aside from that one scene but that line in particular is a really great one, and the voice actor did a good job of hitting that nostalgic tone.
Pic related is another scene that still sticks out to me. Yuna whistling after that whole ending sequence is just really pathetic.

Attached: FFX_Ending_-_Yuna_and_Lulu.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

You've made your last delivery, kid.

Attached: intro.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

wow uh... i remember this looking better

I actually started playing this when I was I got hired as a real courier.

>tfw 15 years later
>still no modern GW successor
>instead we have MOBA garbage and countless battle royale clones
I hate this timeline

Attached: e5b.png (522x679, 336K)

Attached: Dead2.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

Hi, yes, hello, I have a late reply for you.

GW2 takes place ~250 years after GW1. During this time, humans decided to go full-scorched earth. Following the Ascalonian example of salting the earth, the Orrians decided to sink Arah so the charr couldn't claim it. The tremors and dispersal of magic woke up the Elder Dragon Zaitan, who used his powers over death to create the Risen, an ever-growing army that is the primary threat in the first arc of GW2.

The charr, meanwhile, had a massive societal change. Upon realizing that the humans, so desperate for divine intervention and getting silence, were weak for being dependent on something other than themselves, the Blood, Iron, and Ash Legions turned on the Flame Legion and the Titans, their own gods, and purged "weakness" from their own race. Flame Legion defectors still hide in the plains of Ascalon and beyond, preying on dishonored gladium to lure them into their ranks to ignite another Searing on the the three Legions. Blood, Ash, and Iron, meanwhile, are attempting to make a treaty with humans (which some seperatists actively sabotage and revolt against the monarchy in Divinity's Reach) in their desire to go to war with the Elder Dragon Kralkatorik, who is creating Branded from the Blood Legion homelands all the way down to the Domain of Vabbi in the far south.

Charr science is the best in Tyria.

I know you won't actually play the game, but let me tell you my perspective as an outsider who hasn't played GW1 before.

The story for the first 30 levels is good, as the writers of those early stories made it feel like the player was actually involved in something related to how you would play your character. The story from 30-80 is generic, but serviceable.

Then Living World Season 1 happened.
-Lesbian necromancer detective noble
-Lesbian mesmer not!noble subslave
-3smart5u underage genius prodigy
-Halfrican mommy issues retard
-A legitimately good character, but it's a charr
-Villain is Harley Quinn gone steampunk

Fortunately, you can't ever play that part again.

LWS2 was also incredibly boring for me. I almost gave up on it because I felt so removed from my character, and from these NPCs I'm apparently working with, not to mention their interactions and the script was so milquetoast I couldn't sink my teeth into it.

Heart of Thorns and LWS3 were marginally better. Marginally.

Path of Fire had one of the most contrived, asinine, fucking retarded plot points that has ever been introduced, and you could tell whomever was at the helm was a blind fuck who had no idea where they were steering the ship, and if it wasn't for the fact that by this point they realized literally NO ONE liked the lesbians and basically kicked their relationship out of the window, I would've dropped it.

But LWS4 has been a legitimately good story arc and if they pump out a finale for it as good as the last two chapters have been, then it will make everything all worth it.
youtube.com/watch?v=CXR9Bi9WkEA

So basically the humans get cucked so much even the Charr start to feel bad?

Yes. Even the opening cinematic for human characters in GW2 states that they've been beaten down to almost nothing. That's one of the reasons why most racial leaders agree on unity, because it becomes clearly obvious that Zhaitan's Risen vastly outnumber the remaining living forces able and willing to fight them.

Attached: The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_(explorable)_loading_screen[1].jpg (1024x512, 232K)

What a thrill...

Attached: SnoopyShinyJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif (444x250, 3.54M)

It's like the complete opposite of WoW's human-wank.

unfortunately, despite the autist putting it out of its misery, the /gw2/ remnants became something much more ugly

Unfortunately, GW2 has its own form of wanking in the sylvari, an Irish/Welsh-based humanoid plant that only appeared ~30 years ago in lore, and the majority of the plot revolves around their race for the first two-thirds of the released story content.

It was too good for us. It was the mmo we needed, but not the one we deserved.

Attached: sad bats.gif (500x213, 1.69M)

Attached: FINAL ULTIMATE LEGENDARY EARTH POWER SUPER MAX JUSTICE FUTURE MIRACLE DREAM BEAUTIFUL GALAXY BIG BAN (384x216, 2.86M)