AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I JUST WANT A SEQUEL ALREADY! WHY WHY WHY WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ANOTHER DEUS EX GAME? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHERE DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG?

Deus Ex thread

Attached: DXMD.jpg (616x353, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It all went so wrong with the last two sequels. It didn't need those two then and it doesn't need more sequels now.

Wrong. They are both excellent games.

Attached: Soy Denton.jpg (897x767, 72K)

MD sucked prolapsed asshole.

more like deus ex ventkind overused, what an uncreative way to design a stealth game

>WHERE DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG?
October 2, 2013 when Squenix tried to go full yearly turd mode.

Attached: 1536719331931.jpg (640x779, 201K)

i disagree, The Fall was a terrible sequel

by releasing 1 game after that and having no plans to ever release another.
that doesn't sound like "full yearly turd mode"

>more like deus ex ventkind overused
kek

Do a permadeath run, it's interesting because the hardest part is at the beginning. Only part I ever got close to dying was breaking into the thug's place to get the papers to pass the faggot cop, rest of the game was pretty fun

don't be a fag either, build yourself for lethal combat

that blog is years before md came out. md and the and fall were only the beginning of what was to come, but the failure of those stopped them in their tracks.

thanks, i know.

I don't know if I can play this game. This image gives me PTSD of some of America's most obnoxious years.

Attached: deus-ex-mankind-divided-aug-lives-divided.jpg (1200x675, 134K)

yea, they could've been more subtle about it

MD is an underrated gem and all of the supposed flaws are entirely on square enix, not Eidos montreal.

In terms of level design and gameplay it's a step up over HR in every way. Story it's slightly less interesting but still engaging and the world building is all still there. My main criticism is that it feels less like a complete story than HR is; in HR you get attacked, your gf is "killed" but she's still alive and you eventually find her, get revenge and get to the bottom of the conspiracy. In MD you basically just get involved in a conspiracy but it's never truly resolved and it ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger. That's the main issue, it's that we were expecting another sequel to MD within a few years of its release, and now we have to wait probably years if not more.

Then you are a pleb that has no taste in games. Immersive sims like DX are some of the best gaming experiences available, and that picture has little if anything to do with the overall plot of mankind divided. Give it a shot and you will understand.

The part where consumers actually wouldn't take the sheer pile of SHIT that they tried to shove down everyone's throats cemented that it'd never get a sequel.

No one counts that shit, nor do they play it.

>immersive sims
but MD is neither, it's more like a prolonged episode of Dr. Who or the intro to a bad contemporary sci-fi book

just give it a try, man
it's pretty good

Attached: 1446100920974.jpg (228x561, 47K)

So tired of this bullshit criticism, yes it's an immersive sim you moron, and it's actually a really great game. I honestly don't understand what triggered people so much. HR has a more interesting and involved story I guess, but everything else in MD is better, and the DLC is also excellent.

Fuck Adam Jensen

New JC Denton game when. I want Spector back.

Attached: c8398c30be48d8343aa39dab3e50493554fa2ada.png (660x622, 217K)

What would that accomplish? JC's story is done, I mean unless you want to scrap Invisible War and do something else I really don't see what else can be done with JC, he's not that particularly interesting of a character anyways, the story surrounding him and the underlying conspiracy is what made DX1 such a great game.

>one hub
>one boss
>characters feel arbitrary and flat
>narrative is one-note
>new abilities make the game way too fucking easy
>1 branching choice right at the end of the game

>and the DLC is also excellent
ah yes the excellent one-use praxis kit DLC
and the excellent 2-hour quests cut from the main game and relegated to day-1 DLC

MD was such a blatantly unfinished cash-grabby game that it retroactively ruined HR
luckily the original is untouchable

why is MD so unoptimized

>one hub
One hub that is larger than all the hubs in DXHR combined and filled with areas to explore.
>One boss
Literally who the fuck cares about bosses in a DX game? They were the worst part of HR.
>Narrative is one-note
The narrative is actually interesting and deals with the consequences of what occurred in HR.
>new abilities make the game way too fucking easy
As if HR or DX1 are difficult games in the slightest. You can completely stealth through any DX games and it's insanely easy to do, yet no one complains about that. It's the entire point of an immersive sim, choose your playstyle and play how you want to play. In my opinion though, if you're getting into shootouts it's not as fun, much more fun to stealth around each level.
>1 branching choice right at the end of the game
As opposed to the push a button ending in HR? The choices in HR don't matter much either and people weren't complaining then. Regardless, there's tons of user choice in the side missions.

>and the DLC is also excellent
>ah yes the excellent one-use praxis kit DLC
and the excellent 2-hour quests cut from the main game and relegated to day-1 DLC
You clearly didn't play the actual DLC. Both System Rift and A Criminal Past take at least 6 hours minimum to beat, longer if you like to explore.

MD is a great game, and it's a good sequel to HR. I will never understand why anyone that played HR would want to shit on MD, they're both excellent games.

There's legitimate things to complain about with MD; for example the breach mode which was tacked on grind garbage, and yes there's some parts that feel unfinished or scaled down because SE decided to rush the game and focus the team on pointless crap like breach.

Human revolution was fine. Not as good as the original, and fucks with the lore but still a good game. Mankind Divided improved upon HR’s game play and had several quality of life improvements but had a boring story with characters no one liked and Prague just wasn’t as interesting a hub world.

Nu-Deus Ex games are homogenized console trash and have nothing to with the original game other than the name and tacked on references.

MD is fun but the only things i hate are the boring story and lack of location variety

MD was pretty good tho.

>>one hub
Which was massive and detailed, better than both HR hubs combined, only arguable aesthetically.
>>one boss
That's one more than necessary.
>>characters feel arbitrary and flat
>>narrative is one-note
Yeah I guess. The main story just really wasn't the focus this time, and that's fine by me. I did like how the conspiracy bullshit was more in focus compared to HR.
>>new abilities make the game way too fucking easy
If you're not retarded HR is just as easy. At least they're refreshing and fun to use.
branching choice right at the end of the game
>choice
lmao

>the excellent 2-hour quests cut from the main game
The pre-order one was even shorter and shit, and nobody really acknowledges it. System Rift does feel somewhat like a sizeable cut sidequest, but it was great nevertheless. A Criminal Past is around 6 hours and definitely wasn't just cut content.

Faggot.

>to scrap Invisible War and do something else

I would prefer that, to be honest. Invisible War had many problems, but one thing that could be done was focusing on one of the endings. Hell, you could make two other games, and have Invisible War be the ending where JC merged with Helios.

Personally, I would like to play a game where JC Denton plays a role similar to Venom Snake, and attempts to rebuild civilization with Tong

Attached: 1529097141374.png (343x492, 129K)

is that the oh yeah yeah guy lol

I've always said that DX:MD was a passable immersive sim but a poor Deus Ex game. If it had been re-branded something else instead of being tacked onto the DX universe I would have given it a free pass. Sadly the devs shoehorned some quasi-social awareness into it under the guise of conspiracy and the attempt clearly fell flat on it's face. Tonally it's a radical departure from past games in the series and actually reminded me more of VTM:B than anything else. Once more, not a bad thing on it's own but not what I want in my DX. I can only hope Arkane will step up and give us their take on the DX series with whatever they're doing next...I mean why not? They've already given us their versions of Thief and System Shock.

The next one gonna suck since the art director left the studio this year

just finished MD here are my thoughts:
+excellent main hub design
+side missions were great
+best part was infiltrating ARC HQ
+better gameplay then HR
-Prague is kind of a uninteresting choice
-Golem city was a wasted opportunity
-game ends just as the story seems to be taking off
-only cam across two boss fights, did I miss something?

Is the Adam in Mankind Divided a clone?

deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence

Yeah, probably

Attached: JC Jensen.jpg (300x400, 11K)

MD's gameplay was great, only the story sucked because it was cut in half.

no, you came across the first half of what should have been a full game, if not for underhanded publisher shenanigans

i liked it

sidequests were great

prague was great

excellent subplots

>System Rift... take at least 6 hours minimum to beat
Yeah, more like 2 hours
Agreed on the rest though

My problem is I wanted more from the newer games then they could give. We'll probably get another but sometime after cyber punk I say

I enjoyed Mankind Divided and don't get the complaints over it. It could have been longer, but otherwise was pretty great.

The dlc missions were really good. Very high quality and fun to play.

>It could have been longer
It surely could, but a blind attempt-to-do-everything run is about the same length for both HR and MD.

not if you're an autistic exploration nut like me who has to check every single crevice and break into every single apartment and read every single email / journal / log. Also silent stealth no alarms makes it last a lot longer too.

I liked the first half of the game, but I found my interest waning and never bothered to finish it (got as far as Prague being a shoot-on-sight location, and then stopped playing)

Dunno if it's the game or me, because I loved HR and I'm a huge fan of the original, but MD just didn't really do it for me

Personally I think it went wrong when MD decided to make it about Jensen again.

Because Square-Enix are too busy funnelling all their funds into their failed and forgotten Final Faggotry and Queendom Hearts series and masterpieces like pic related. They ain't got time for no desu ex, boi

Attached: 1545154460455.png (750x458, 557K)

>only one boss battle
>boss glitched and game wouldn't register that he was dead
>had to look up where his secret killswitch was and revert to an earlier save and kill him that way

Attached: 1446239392666.jpg (720x540, 63K)

Is it? I tried running it the other day but couldn't, I just figured it was my pc.

I didn't know that, pretty cool. the last boss was annoying to fight

my favorite part has to be either when unconscious enemy's clip through an object and get mangled and die which ruins a passive run or getting spotted and shot through walls

>and the excellent 2-hour quests cut from the main game and relegated to day-1 DLC
A Criminal Past came out later and doesn't fit into the main game at all. It's also really damned good.

>get to the boss
>"Use Killswitch"
>wait what, where the fuck did I get that
>Laputan Machine
>YOU DEFEATED
>google where the fuck I could possibly get it
>turned out to be the sekrit base, probably, still not certain, might have just been a bug
>oh wait you can nonlethal him
>reload
>after a couple attempts end up just throwing one of my 10+ hoarded EMPs I hadn't once used at him and using a takedown
>rush to the convention through the shortcut I spotted on the map earlier, with time to spare
So much for that final boss.

>final nu-ex game coming to a close
>aging adam jensen fighting the conspiracy openly with lebedev and the nsf
>final boss is nano-aug paul denton
>not possible to win
pic unrelated

Attached: depd.png (482x361, 321K)