Is it fair to put Twilight Princess among the Top 5 most graphically impressive games of the 6th generation?

Is it fair to put Twilight Princess among the Top 5 most graphically impressive games of the 6th generation?

Attached: 76020-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1118, 215K)

Attached: bfZBZzL.jpg (434x434, 80K)

its not even in the top 5 most graphically impressive gamecube games

definitely

Example of bad art, doesn't mean it's not graphically impressive.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (300x168, 12K)

In a technical sense, no. In an artistic sense, maybe, but then you have shit like:

yes

Attached: 2748238-2748238-6505231023-NGL2-.jpg (1024x576, 119K)

>top 5 most graphically impressive gamecube games

- RE4
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Twilight Princess
- F-Zero GX
- MK: Double Dash!!

Star Fox Adventures and Sunshine were great but they aged more than the ones above.

I like TP more than any other Zelda, but I'd say no, it looks like shit. I thought that in '06 and I think it now. Wind Waker aged much better, visually. It visually aged better than many 7th generation games honestly. I think some other 6th generation games with better looking graphics than TP were Metroid Prime, Jak and Daxter, Melee and Halo 2.

what about resident evil remake
and star fox adventures looks better than zero

?????

>jak and daxter

I could see the first game, The Precursor Legacy, running fine on the Dreamcast with enough development effort.

Attached: 25633.jpg (1280x868, 164K)

I mean the series in general, my bad. Jak 3 is one of the best games of the generation in terms of graphics, to me.

>mfw links clothes and hair got wet after he went in the water

Attached: Saoirse Ronan smile.jpg (1065x1600, 135K)

Top 5
Far Cry 1, Amazing outdoors
DOOM 3, Amazing indoors
Half-Life 2, all-around + tech
Black&White 2, impressive god game
Morrowind, impressive open world for it's time

Attached: fcwide1.jpg (1920x1200, 478K)

>6th generation
>PC

I remember the water looking really impressive at the time. The rest was kinda ugly, with some exceptions here and there.

Rogue Leader should be somewhere in there.

I love metroid prime 2, but I dont think its technically impressive
the game is mostly grey rocks, I know style is different from performance but I am referring to a low amount of effort,
really the only good argument for this games graphics is sanctuary fortress. Stylistically, its amazing, but its not graphically complicated or pushing graphical limits.

Huh yes? PC was around during 6th gen and even before with c64, ibm, apple, 486, pentium 2, etc. I had a geforce 4 ti 4200 during that time, playing at 768p even before the xbox 360 existed.

It's one of the ugliest games on the GameCube.

>posts high res modern rig screenshot when talking about graphix
PC friends, they gotta loudly fart into every thread about old games.

6th gen as in PS2, Xbox and GameCube you beast

>complain about 16/9 screenshot of old pc game
>proceed to post high res emulator screenshots or remasters

This
It always looked like shit
Only the Wii U version looks good

ok hitler

Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, Melee, Soul Calibur 2, and Metroid Prime 1 all are more deserving of slots than Zelda TP. Hell I might even consider Luigi's Mansion.

Re 4
Halo 2
Metroid Prime 1/2
MGS 3
Kingdom Hearts 2

We're talking about the Gamecube version, not the HD remaster, zoomer scum.

It's funny how Twilight Princess on Gamecube looked better than Skyward Sword on Wii. SS was so fuzzy and jagged that I found it unplayable. Looks great in an emulator though.

Attached: GC top HD bottom.png (799x657, 913K)

TP is ugly and blurry.

>SS is ugly and blurry*.
fixed.

*despite being a generation newer

SS being ugly and blurry doesn't stop TP from also being ugly and blurry.

For a Gen 6 game it is not ugly and blurry. It's definitely the best looking game on Gamecube.

hell no

A dark muddy mess doesn’t get to be “impressive” in anything other than how miraculous it was that it got past the beta testing stage looking so shitty.

>It's definitely the best looking game on Gamecube.
Not even the best looking Zelda game that generation.

video games dont age

As far as visuals go the Gamecube did better than that. I'd say Starfox Adventures look better and that was near launch.

Yes it most certainly is. Wind Waker's entire thing was water, yet it still did water way worse than Twilight Princess

If you account for size and number of assets, definitely - probably the best even. It has all the Wind Waker technology and more + textures

Pic related is the GameCube version at high res, no mods

Nice shitposts

Attached: tp1.jpg (3000x1689, 3.47M)

What are you even trying to say?

Or maybe you can just stop being an autist focusing on some 1% presence NPC?

Star Fox looks like generic Xbox shovelware trash and is small in comparison.

Attached: tp3.jpg (3000x1743, 3.07M)

TP is a big pleb filter.

Hell yes.

Shittaste.

Attached: tp2.jpg (3000x1689, 1.74M)

>Pic related is the GameCube version
you mean the pc version

>those clearly upscaled screenshots
top kek
on actual hardware (and a period era TV) Starfox was way more visually appealing.

>wwn get another Zelda as good as TP thanks to Miyamoto’s retarded way of think and Aonuma being Aonuma

No, the GC version at high res on Dolphin.

It's an emulator, there is no PC version.

>TP is a big pleb filter.
agreed, they stick out like a sore thumb liking such a shit game

You must be quoting the wrong person I'm saying that TP looks great, and that the person I'm quoting has a screenshot from 2 generations above the topic.

They both had the same shitty resolution on GC, retard.

You can upscale other games of that generation and they look like shit compared to TP.

Attached: ugly trash (2).jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

dolphin is a pc software so technically it's a pc game

And here you are braindead, shitposting about a game you don't like. That's certainly speaking for TP rather than against it. Retards apparently don't like it.

Attached: GZ2P01-126.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

TP was awful and didn't live up to the hype.
Hell it didn't even live up to 10% of the hype.

This is what other games that generation looked like, so yes.

Attached: gfs_68784_2_1.jpg (480x272, 30K)

>TP was awful and didn't live up to the hype.
Your hype, I got what I wanted after WW starved me of dungeons and bloated me with spoil bag quests.

Considering how big the hype was that's not saying much.

Calling it awful makes you look like the reactionary glue eater I pegged you for, though.

With every post you keep proving that it's a good game.

and apparently also impressed with such piss easy difficulty and bosses that makes even Wind Waker seem like Ninja Gaiden.

How does Nintendo do it?

Attached: GZ2P01-18.png (1920x1080, 3.37M)

TP is too easy but WW is actually easier so no idea what you're smoking. TP at least has the morning star sub boss, the ice enemies and the twilight mobs that do like 2 hearts per attack and can easily kill you at the beginning.

WW doesn't even have that.

did you actually play the game in 2006? It looked like shit with its muddy aststyle

Not even close

>such piss easy difficulty and bosses that makes even Wind Waker seem like Ninja Gaiden.
Nah, WW had QTE to win and nothing fun to fight. TP did with the special skills provided you went the extra to get them.

>muddy >X,D

It looks just like in the pics except with AA and lower resolution you retard, which is something all games suffered from back then.

>and can easily kill you at the beginning.
oh you poor thing

Posting emulator screenshots doesn't make the game look good, you know?

>not even close
>close

In that case name 5 games that are as big as TP (consider the dungeons and all the unique assets in them and how sharp the interior textures were) that looked better and were better animated.

I'm waiting.

Attached: GZ2P01-331.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

Then compare it with other upscaled games of that generation, you lazy fuck?

No one is going to fire up a PS2 nowadays to take screenshots with his capture card.

Attached: sotc.jpg (3840x2160, 1.5M)

Attached: GZ2P01-249.png (1920x1080, 2.24M)

>Then compare it with other upscaled games of that generation, you lazy fuck?
No
The proper way to comepare them is to look at all the games on their original hardware in their actual output resolution

Still waiting.

I don't care about your autism, though. All games suffer the same way from lower resolution, it's not an advantage for TP and I don't have old ass low res screenshots of old ass games.

Attached: GZ2P01-122.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

also don't forget the CRT and composite cables

Good. They can do better.

Clearly they didn’t considering their output post 2006.

at least post the emulated screenshots at right resolution you dumb cunt.

oh boy, its one of those

Attached: lel1.png (216x150, 101K)

I said that they can, not that they will.

yeah because emulation at 1080p is surely the way to go when your point is that TP lloks better than all the other games of the generation

I wanna fuck a Zora.

Attached: bueno.jpg (362x366, 33K)

I’m still waiting on Pikimin 4.

Yeah, that'd be pretty swell.

Comparing graphics has nothing to do with replicating the subjective way you played the game back in the day. You don’t ask people to show GTA IV screenshots taken on the rig they had in 2009.

GTA 4 is a PC game

Instantly comes to mind with impressive particle effects that look good to this day.
Also OP is cherry picking so fucking hard to sell his narrative its pathetic.

Attached: ZOEHD_ZOE2_cc_07.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Star Fox Adventures blew that shit out the water four years earlier.

Attached: Bribeclaw.jpg (1272x716, 249K)

rofl no, it was ugly when it came out

MGS3 also exists, still on PS2 mind you.
Doom 3 was also ported to Xbox, Both Halo 1 and 2 are a thing. Tekken 5 looked incredible back in the day, Fzero GX is a marvel in motion still, you name it.

Attached: 1770722_0.jpg (540x309, 48K)

>QTE to win
Those QTE's as you call them can be disrupted by another enemy and even miss the target. It's never scripted except for Link's reactions and movements.

>MGS3

Lol TP link is easily 2x more tris than Snake

Ok and?

Doesn't matter, the environment geometry and textures make it a 10x prettier game. TP got flak for its bad texture work as soon as it came out.

Also if you want to start posting screens of the games up-scaled on emulator or their re-releases, your gonna have a bad time.

Attached: sram.jpg (1200x800, 154K)

If anything TP is bar-none the ugliest first-party GC game.

Very bad time.

Attached: XII.jpg (1280x720, 162K)