Why does Yea Forums have such a deep and irrational hatred of this franchise?

Why does Yea Forums have such a deep and irrational hatred of this franchise?

Attached: Fire_Emblem_series_logo.png (1600x356, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jA6A-ySMHYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

smash

muh smash roster

Cuz it was a once solid franchise that turned to waifushit

waifus and their fans for me

Smash and it was always a waifushit franchise which committed the grave sin of getting popular.

Mostly due to a combination Smash autism and waifufaggotry along with the series gaining popularity.

You clearly don't understand OP. Fire Emblem's greatest fans are the people who hate it the most

Attached: slick Corrin.gif (600x600, 2.03M)

It was a medicore franschise constantly shilled by smash with no success, until it took the waifupill. Now, it's known as a waifutrash series with a high grossing gacha game and a self-loathing fanbase.

Attached: __tharja_fire_emblem_kakusei_and_etc_drawn_by_kokouno_oyazi.jpg (449x732, 97K)

Because it's a consistently mediocre franchise that has a rather large number of reps in Smash and in turn has the smash roster autism.

Shut the fuck up nigger.

This, don't listen to what anyone else says. Smash popularized it, and then all of a sudden there were seven FE characters in Smash, with 5 of them being derivative of the same moveset, AND on top of that, 4 of these characters are all either from Awakening or Fates, and Corrin was clearly only in for advertising. (This was okay when Melee did it with Roy because the majority of Yea Forums were kids when Melee came out.)
So it's obvious why Awakening and Fates get shat on so much despite being perfectly fine games (or, uh, okay at least, in Fates' case), because they are the most popular games and thus they are the worst games.
Though I will admit, the waifushit is fucking annoying, and Fates started that.

I only played one of them. I didn't like it or dislike it. Marth has been my Smash main since 2001 though.

Even as a casual Smash player who doesn't care too much about the roser, and someone who's barely begun playing Shadow Dragon, I still think all the FE characters in Smash is weird and wasteful. Considering that and what I've heard about the series having pretty mediocre sales until Awakening, someone high up in Nintendo mus really love the franchise.

I wouldn't mind all the FE characters if they had more unique movesets. Corrin had no reason to be in, but they were a breath of fresh air moveset-wise.
Like Mario and Pokemon, you don't see all the Pokemon reps being various versions of Pikachu or Mewtwo, or the Mario reps all being basically Mario with a changed moveset and then Bowser.

I think the crests are to blame

>Though I will admit, the waifushit is fucking annoying, and Fates started that.
waifufagging and ship wars have always been a thing in FE, Awakening was just one of the first instances IS decided to capitalize on it. Don't believe me? Well it's been 16 years and the FE fanbase STILL can't agree on who Hector's canon wife is.

Attached: 06639eea1041dfa96bfb3b16ff92d304e66c2516_hq.jpg (750x720, 57K)

florina

for the same reason why call of duty, fifa and nu-pokemon are hated on here. it's a shit franchise that gets milked for cash grabs on a regular basis.

People whine about the Fire Emblem Roster in Smash so here is the ideal roster:
>Marth, who has alts of various sword-wielding lords (Alm, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eirika, Lucina)
>Ike, who has a Hector semiclone who is Lucas levels of different
>Robin, with maybe a Celica echo
>MAYBE Tiki or Ephraim
That's all it needs really.

It's no one. Hector is an asexual beast of raw energy. Hector produced Lilina via mitosis and through Elibe's finest magic changed her appearance to how she is today.

but tons of people will still argue it's Lyn or Farina(but it's stupid because the only reason people think she's the canon one is because she has blue hair)

>Smash popularized it
Awakening came out before Smash 4 though, the saturation is a result of FE's popularity, not the cause

it goes beyond movesets. mario and pokemon are legitimately popular enough to warrant that many characters. fire emblem isn't. the games sell like shit and aren't popular no matter how hard nintendo tries to force it.
i'm not even a rosterfag, but the fire emblem complaints are one of the only things they're right about. of course, the rosterfags then ruin it by begging for other generic anime swordsmen like erdrick, isaac and lloyd irving instead.

Attached: 1550613299150.png (2616x4100, 1.3M)

Yea Forums literally always liked FE it's the retarded newfags from smash and the shitty translations of the later 3ds games that are insufferable.

Lilina has blue hair
Blue and green together would make teal you cumstain

you'd be surprised how many dumbasses believe Hector x Lyn is canon

FE wouldn't have so many characters in the first place if they had unique movesets, it's in the weird position of being a niche franchise that among Nintendo franchises happens to have the greatest incidence of new, important characters appearing. With most of the other series in Smash you are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point for important characters, whereas almost every new FE game introduces a new main character. Thus clones are the compromise.

Best Fire Emblem released in the west.

Attached: Path of Radiance.jpg (256x358, 52K)

Also FE4 had the biggest ship wars, nips almost throttled Kaga for making canon ships in Thracia.

>Claim not to be a rosterfag
>Shit on it
Fuck boy, Awakening and Fates was successful and the reason why Heroes exist and why the series is still thriving. You even use a fucking picture that rosterfags spam, you mongole.

Too many reps in smash + waifushit turned it's reputation from nonexistent to shit in the span of a few years, not to mention the fanbase is downright putrid

Attached: Black Knight.jpg (667x1000, 538K)

just because i'm not begging for geno, isaac, banjo 24/7 on an imageboard doesn't mean it's not still jarring to see a bunch of generic characters from a series nobody cares about.

For hating Fire Emblem Yea Forums sure makes a lot of threads about it and argue about different games in the series more than they should.

Attached: 1495683723498.png (233x256, 63K)

Attached: 1513746251068.jpg (890x821, 242K)

Smash but also some of the games being memetically terrible

The fanbase doesn't even like their own franchise

>Smash popularized it
the series nearly died well after Melee

no one hates Fire Emblem more than FEfags

Fuckboy, you are a rosterfag. Just because you aren't screaming the name of a character you want, you are still complaining about characters that got in a game before anyone you like.

Attached: annoyed.png (600x465, 462K)

>nips almost throttled Kaga for making canon ships in Thracia.

I hate shipfags.

same fuck kantai collection and that chink ripoff

>not to mention the fanbase is downright putrid

From what I've seen of the Fanbase, everyone hates every game in the series.

This is true

Attached: 1502859673411.png (149x153, 67K)

Lack of good waifus.

Which games are terrible? I was thinking about going through the series in release order, but fuck, I don't have that kind of time anymore unfortunately.

Attached: Tear Ring Saga.png (400x396, 385K)

i'm not. i wouldn't care if they were removed and replaced with nothing. hell, i'd gladly trade the fire emblem characters for home run contest, smash run and break the targets.

>Tfw you don't see a problem with the marriage and waifufagging aspect

Attached: clown.png (505x508, 626K)

Attached: 1499300386525.jpg (800x800, 101K)

You are delusional. You are still complaining about these character to the point you want them gone. That's still rosterfagging. You're not even saying the name of any characters because you know that show who you really are. You fuckboy, stop while you still can.

the player is the wife

Conquest has perhaps the worst story in any video game ever, but it has some of the best gameplay in the series. Radiant Dawn has a similar problem, although it doesn't sink quite as low story-wise or climb quite as high gameplay-wise.
Revelations isn't far behind story-wise, and the gameplay is almost purposely retarded on top of that. Birthright, Awakening, Path of Radiance, Sacred Stones, Echoes, and Blazing Blade are all pretty braindead easy, but the stories are generally ok (except Awakening, which also has a stupid story).
Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem look like actual ass.
Binding Blade and Thracia 776 have some complete bullshit mechanical frustrations.
Geneaology of Holy War is pretty different from the other games and can be pretty slow.
And the rest are NES games that can feel pretty archaic, and have all been remade regardless.

I can't tell if that's a man or a woman on the left. Face makes me think of a pretty boy, but I think I see boobs.

>Remove Lucina, Chrom, Roy, and Kiritorrin
>Change Robin's moveset to use magic only like their depictions in Heroes/Warriors
>Now only have Marth (light sword user) Ike (heavy sword user) and Robin (magic user)
Did I fix it?

Attached: 1554164090282.gif (192x197, 87K)

Avoid FE2/15, and anything from Fates that isn't Conquest
The rest range from meh to really good
Personally I don't like FE8 that much because the game is pretty braindead compared to most other FEs even on hard, but I don't think that opinion is that common

I've never played FE1-3 so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read over the years, there's no reason to play FE1 because it's been remade twice in FE3 Book 1 and FE11
FE3 book 2 supposedly has some value to being played even if you played FE12 already or plan or playing it in the future

I've played FE4, and FE6-14 for reference

Its 100% due to smash autists who get mad over anime swordsmen in smash

Upvoted
This reads like you don't have a single original opinion and just parrot condensed memes on every line.

>Binding Blade and Thracia 776 have some complete bullshit mechanical frustrations.
Thracia sure, but aside from low hit rates early, the game isn't all that different mechanically from FE7/8
It has STRs yeah, but those are only an issue in a couple chapters since they tend to spawn at locations you're not going to be near most of the time

ok

Attached: sunglasses tiger.jpg (782x455, 153K)

Robin's moveset is honestly the best of the FE characters(from a design standpoint), it doesn't need to be changed

I was thinking more of /ourboy/ being complete dead weight for most of the game.

inb4 some asspained user saying something about historical accuracy in the game about fighting a wizard dragon

Attached: 1534384500314.png (1600x1920, 1.1M)

fair enough, but we got units like SD Marth, Eirika, and Micaiah so he's not completely alone in that regard

the entire Down's Brigade outside of Nolan and Jill are dead weight, Micky is just trying to fit in.

I would definitely play fe3 book 1, fe11 is such a boring slog

Attached: 1510379735016.jpg (500x700, 87K)

Lilina is adopted

Attached: 406.jpg (600x2737, 214K)

Attached: 1551892898422.png (2280x1332, 3.28M)

fpbp

careful, you'll trigger the Echoesfag with such hideous art

only smashbabbies do, same reason why they hate kid icarus

Why is Celica wearing a dress that makes her torso look like a spooky skull?

Awakening is brought the waifu faggotry to its peak though

Attached: 1546059438961.jpg (850x1417, 262K)

I have only one reason to play Tear Ring Saga, but it is a big reason.

Attached: holmes.png (639x479, 407K)

Melee is the reason FE games even came west in the first place.

so am I allowed to like it if I don't play smash?

is this game even good?

Attached: 1512624447048.png (1280x1174, 930K)

Because they're cheap watered down versions of real games that take no skill and don't get you involved with any complex mechanics or gameplay

It's what mobas were to real MMOs, what fast food was to home cooked meals

Attached: 1389767036583.png (660x2875, 1.73M)

you mean what mobas were to RTSes

>and the FE fanbase STILL can't agree on who Hector's canon wife is.
That's easy, it's his Axe.
I wish we got him as a fire emblme rep, he'd be like ganon and Ridley in one, give me flying helicopter axe and lightning

Anime swordsman

And its fucking weebshit now. Tries way too hard to be Persona

What if they added Musketmen and Cannons to Fire Emblem?

True, but literally every FE game after Melee and before awakening sold like shit, in general

>doesn't count splatoon's recent bumps
>doesn't count the insane revenue from phone games for FE, mario or pokemon
plz

a mixture of both
buying gear is a cheap imitation of loot drops in mmos with rts gameplay

FE 7 was a mistake.

wait how did they fuck up the translation? i figure the waifu stuff would be increased in the nip version?

Uhh buddy the first FE characters appeared in Melee

Haven't played them, but from what I've seen, it's one of the worst localizations I've ever seen. They literally rewrite stuff and remove the option for becoming lovers I think, just making it a "best friends" deal, replacing dialogue with memes, replacing an entire conversation with ellipses as a joke, lot's of censorship, including of a character who people thought was forced through gay conversion therapy which is actually not the case as far as I'm aware, etc.

Attached: UbpRiHM.png (1200x1912, 299K)

Some characters getting rewritten, Effie being the most known example and shit like that youtu.be/jA6A-ySMHYI

Oh, I forgot changing personalities, like making a guy obsessed with pickles. I also saw some girl in pink armor who seemed fairly normal in the Japanese despite her muscular build if not e bi shy, and obsessed with her muscles in the English localization.

Attached: 1522197049631.jpg (548x378, 64K)

What the fuck. I dint realize how bad it was. I always thought is was just like retarded visual censorship. I feel anger at that now. What are the chances of this being done to Three Houses?

Probably small since the backlash got NoJ to step in. NoA localizations aren't perfect now like some people think, but they've gotten better.

None because the game will be released globally and will get censored during its development but hopefully by a better staff than the treehouse

I guess that's kinda relieving to hear/read.
Although i will be sad if no Camilla like character exists, but that's a small price for at least somewhat better translations.

Attached: Maribelle.png (248x541, 141K)

Attached: Minerva,.jpg (1131x800, 790K)

>no Camilla like character
Do we know if wyvern riders still exist in Three Houses?

Attached: pillowsofheaven.jpg (1129x1200, 235K)

All localisation was worth it for the massive improvement that is Silas and Camillas A Support

Attached: 1551638227597.jpg (1600x2046, 448K)

Attached: Camilla,.jpg (1000x1544, 189K)

Attached: Ssupport.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Attached: 1515273140030.jpg (625x927, 100K)

I was more talking about hyper sexualised mommy/sisters in lewd armor.

Attached: Camilla 157.png (720x1018, 1.12M)

>hyper sexualised mommy/sisters in lewd armor.
I doubt it. If we get a big boobed beauty, she won't be family.

Attached: WeGotTrouble.jpg (851x938, 102K)

Attached: 1549568012526.png (1400x2373, 847K)

>food analogy
also what exactly was the genre that fe ruined?

Attached: 1507243622490.jpg (707x1000, 441K)

I swear, Yea Forums only hates food analogies because they're easy to make. A lot people have made bad ones, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. C'mon, think for yourself now and then, don't just follow board memes.

>also what exactly was the genre that fe ruined?
Advance Wars

Attached: 1511138976586.jpg (850x1230, 197K)

Not a genre and fe was first

Attached: 1553893424496.jpg (1024x990, 121K)

Waifus always add value to any game

>the genre

>Tactical role-playing games[1][2][3][4] (abbreviated as TRPG) are a genre of video game which incorporates elements of traditional role-playing video games with that of tactical games, emphasizing tactics rather than high-level strategy. The format of a tactical RPG video game is much like a traditional tabletop role-playing game in its appearance, pacing and rule structure. Likewise, early tabletop role-playing games are descended from skirmish wargames like Chainmail, which were primarily concerned with combat.

This is Celica. Say something nice about her.

Attached: Celica.png (1366x1074, 1.32M)

>the only people who hate a a shitty series is smashfags
FEfags always playing the victim card

Attached: 1530980261349.png (887x295, 204K)

>Three Houses copies Kiseki
>ZOMG Its a school setting with knights and shit
>Harry Potter LOL

Fucking kill me

>Yea Forums literally always liked FE
That was a mistake

>I doubt it. If we get a big boobed beauty, she won't be family.
Technically Camilla isnt family either so that is fine. I will try to hold some hope that IS delivers.

You wont be able to convince people that waifus dont ruin something. Same with unrealistic armor.

Attached: Camilla 183.jpg (707x1000, 212K)

>Many tactical RPGs can be both extremely time-consuming and extremely difficult. Hence, the appeal of most tactical RPGs is to the hardcore, not casual, computer and video game player.Traditionally, tactical RPGs have been quite popular in Japan but have not enjoyed the same degree of success in North America and elsewhere. However, the audience for Japanese tactical RPGs has grown substantially in the West since the mid-90s, with PS1 and PS2 titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Suikoden Tactics, Vanguard Bandits and Disgaea enjoying a surprising measure of popularity outside Japan. Further, older Japanese tactical RPGs are also being re-released via software emulation—such as on the Wii's Virtual Console—as well as on handheld systems, giving these games a new lease on life.

>However, in the 2000s, some developers complained it was becoming increasingly difficult to develop games of this type (though several had been developed in Eastern Europe with limited success); and even some developers were beginning to complain about a supposed bias against turn-based systems. Reasons cited include publishers' focus on developing real-time, action-oriented games; as well as a perception that games with turn-based mechanics were "too niche" to become successful. But things may have turned around in the 2010s, at least in the West. A few high-profile titles, such as 2K Games' strategy video games, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2—as well as a number of Kickstarter-funded RPGs, such as Larian's Divinity: Original Sin, inXile's Wasteland 2 and Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun Returns—were successfully developed and published in recent years, in part due to new means of funding and distributing them. According to Dan Tudge of n-Space, "The resurgence of tactical-isometric RPGs has a lot to do with accessibility. ... Changes in the ecosystem like Steam and digital distribution have made it easier than ever for developers to connect with players."

She's really obviously poorly-traced.

You and Alms empire thrived for about 2,000 years.

You were also redrawn by arguably the best artist FE has ever had aside from wada

Fuck no. It's almost as bad as Echoes

Attached: 1551764638692.jpg (3211x2000, 1.48M)

Did you even read what you pasted? It doesn't mention FE anywhere and the blame for the downfall of TRPGs is put on real time combat, something FE doesn't fucking have

Attached: 1553137443232.jpg (1157x749, 88K)

Only FEfags would dump images of a thread all about people hating their series. Makes perfect sense

You have a canon love interest who loves you.
And you don't use swords that much

>fe was first

>blade of light
>April 20, 1990

>Famicom Wars
>August 12, 1988
You dumb?

Attached: 1525532699070.jpg (390x437, 83K)

Ironic weebs need to be shot

>all about people hating their series
Seething

Attached: 1551637141418.jpg (1200x1112, 289K)

I used to love it.
Then Awakening happened, then Heroes, and now the game is pandering to subhuman waifu faggots.

Yeah seething so much you can't even reply right. The state of FEfags, I guess they really love people shitting on their series so much huh? No wonder they actively defend bad games

Attached: 1551840040615.png (183x182, 89K)

FE always had cool looking ladies. But now it's all it has, and even the designs are subpar now

If you used to love it that's sad

>Which games are terrible?
All of them

You can't tell anyone to avoid Birthright and imply Awakening is tolerable in the same breath. Birthright is better than Awakening in every single way.

Because it turns out IS doesn't know what the fuck their doing.

How did it take until now to not realize this possibility.

This humble franchise suffers from a rather common illness, its fanbase is degenerated and corrupted to say the least.

Seriously, a solid chunk of the fans of FE are text book wretches that are up to no good, believe me.

HERO

Attached: __cynthia_fire_emblem_kakusei_and_etc_drawn_by_nagahama_megumi__c274945785c6cbc124ebc6f0f85a4d8b.jpg (596x811, 150K)

Smash, Gachafags leaking from their containment thread.

>s-smash!
FEfags are so pathetic

Attached: 1508572548117.jpg (704x396, 36K)

I assume it's smash slotfaggotry, but I've only played the Ike games so the rest of the series might really be shit. Hoping Three Houses will be good.

Attached: __byleth_dimitri_alexandre_bladud_and_edelgard_von_hresvelgr_fire_emblem_fuukasetsugetsu_and_etc_dra (863x1200, 240K)

Tellius is some of the worst in the series

Funny because it's true. FEfags are a fucking disease

Because it killed Advance Wars, which was way more fun and less cringe.

Radiant Dawn is better than most games in the series

A piece of shit better than dogshit isn't the most impressive thing. It's 4th on the list of "barely qualifies as a good game"

>you have to list literally everything you're using as an example for something or else it's not an example of something

you're absolutely stupid

Unironically no u
Why would you paste a fucking wikipedia article if it doesn't relate to the topic

Because there's literally nothing wrong with it, people that complain about waifushit are retards that don't know why the new games are trash so they just repeat what they read on the internet, "muh waifus"

The localisation had a negligible effect on the quality of Fates, which is to say that Fates is shit even without the localisation and focusing on the localisation distracts from the actual flaws.

It looks like shit and it's likely going to be real shit

Attached: 1535529262565.png (720x692, 343K)

You're completely right but the marriage aspects are still disgusting for bringing the most braindead and cancerous lifeforms to FE. Awakening killed the series for a reason.

>hypothetical article talks about fps games
>say halo is a bad fps game
>wasn't listed in the arbitrary list so in your lunatic world this means halo isn't an fps

>You're right
>Except not really waifus are disgusting Awakening killed the series
You must hate FE4 then. And Awakening didn't kill shit, it saved the series, and even if it did kill FE, it would be because the maps and the gmeplay were terrible, not because it hurts your feelings that fictional characters can get married.

Man Awakeningfags are so fucking dumb. Besides Awakening didn't save shit. It was better off dead.

Um... yeah, FE indeed is a TRPG, thanks for letting me know

A bad one

Yeah I'm an Awakeningfag even though I just said that game is shit.
>Besides Awakening didn't save shit
Yes it did.
>It was better off dead
That's irrelevant.

Of course you are. Defending it is grounds for bias. You poke a deflection to not come off as bias, can't understand simple statements because you also one of the ironic weebs I'm talking about. It killed the series even more than it tried to save it. Popularize Gaidenshit beyond belief deeming it to be completely okay with all future games being Gaidenshit, based it all around support shipping bullshit just like trashy FE4, forcing the devs to make BR and Rev in Fates instead of focusing on just Conquest to make it better, it's second worst game in a already shitty series, and again made FE popular with the worst fanbase of all time. It very much killed the series and it would have been better off dead.

Attached: eab9007877319fbd2fc9658a052a0c9d.png (1671x2305, 2.04M)

>Of course you are
I'm not, but sure, keep deluding yourself into thinking anybody that says the truth likes Awakening. A classic, if you see someone saying something positive about a game, that totally means they love that game, because the mere thought of someone hating Awakening but not being delusional enough to deny that it saved the series is something that you simply cannot accept.
>But it was bad! And the games that came after were bad too!
Yes, and that's still irrelevant, the quality of the series has nothing to do with it being alive or dead.
>it's second worst game
No, that would be FE1.

you said it wasn't

Attached: 1551009548912.jpg (119x125, 3K)