Ragdoll phsyics

What's the best you've seen in game so far?

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eslNMer0R8
youtube.com/watch?v=bAtMx40nQGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sekiro

Rockstar games, easily.

Your mom when I hit

Titanfall 2's are pretty great. Or maybe they're not great, just the characters are flying around fast enough that you really get to showcase it. Either way, players keep their momentum when killed and there are some pretty spectacular wall-splats or bodies flying off roofs and so on.

this lol

Rockstar games are the only ones where I've consciously noticed them being good, in terms of comedy you can't beat Source though

Cs: source
like for real unloading on a dead player looks like how i imagine it would IRL minus the gibbing

god damn, how will I ever recover from this

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2

Used the same ragdoll engine as modern rockstar games, but obviously due to the nature of the star wars games, there was a lot more fun to be had SPECIFICALLY with physics

In fact, here is a complete list of games that use the euphoria engine.

It is surprisingly short, considering how good the engine is, albeit kinda wonky at times

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-221453_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 360K)

Euphoria engine games like GTA4/5 look really great in motion IMO.
Also I know it's heresy, and I haven't olayed CoD in a long time, but the ragdolls in CoD4/WaW look really good, they're the only games where the ragdolls don't jitter or freak out when they activate, and actually accelerate toward the ground like they have weight.

first couple times i played GTA4 i was having loads of fun just fucking with the physics

i was gonna say mp3

They're almost exactly the same in every non-rockstar game. Fucking physics engines have hardly progressed in the last 20 years.

the first time i ran over a group of pedestrians in GTA IV it blew my fucking mind how real it looked

GTA IV Euphoria Engine is the best physics ever.

RDR2 and GTAIV they aren't exactly realistic but they look really cool

Attached: Swat4 kills.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

0:03 is that Jennifer Lawrence?

Metal Gear Solid 4's ragdolls were very satifying. Playing Metal Gear Online 2 and getting a headshot made my 13 year old penis rock solid

Probably. It's using the graphical enhancement mod and I think they added in real world advertisements for the posters and shit.

I agree with what you posted but your pic isn't ragdolling. I didn't play SWAT4 but everything in it appears to be static animation.

Sorry nevermind I watched it again and I see the ragdolls. Wouldn't call them the best, though.

why the fuck dont more games use it

They aren't very good but it's more realistic than people flying backwards 20 feet from a gunshot like most games.

how many people still play this?

GTA 4, RDR and RDR2 have the greatest "realistic" ragdoll physics of all times.

Valve and Bethesda games have the best shitty and funny ones.

The company who made euphoria was taken over by a mobile games company. The euphoria seen in GTA V and Red Dead 2 are a bootleg in-house made version made by Rockstar devs

Well I agree with you there. That said, I have a special place in my heart for UT2K3/4 ragdolls. I think those might have been the first I experienced and there were some cool levels that had areas designed just to see them flop around.

Hitman

Attached: 20190109231123_1.jpg (1600x900, 362K)

Dying Light

youtube.com/watch?v=0eslNMer0R8

youtube.com/watch?v=bAtMx40nQGQ

showing off some mediocre gameplay
The gore was ppretty awesome too

can't wait for Dying Light 2

GTA 4

For shit and giggles: Source
For some seriousness: Euphoria Physics

Oh so Rockstar went back to euphoria for Red Dead 2 did they, well that's nice.

Skate 2 has great ragdolls. A pretty awesome blend of rigidity, limpness and movement so it seems like a live person falling over rather than a literal rag doll. Also you can control the ragdoll a bit so its even more fun.
Rockstar is best of course. Shame no other devs have a billion extra dollars to throw at ragdolls.

Any game where its some sort of procedural ragdoll/animation thing is best. Going immediately limp sucks unless its a headshot. Great thread op.

Also, any 3d game that uses animations completely instead of ragdolls is gay and needs to stop. Even having them ragdoll after they completely stop moving is fine. I need to be able to fuck with the body once its on the floor. Its a game after all.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 14K)

Skate 3 really fucked up with the ragdoll physics desu

GTAV

Companies should invest into better physics engines

>play game
>no ragdoll physics or intresting gore when shooting someone
>eventually drop game
Am I the only one? Its feels pretty autistic

It depends on the game

L4D1 didn't have the best ragdolls but it was always funny seeing a survivor's corpse blast across the map because a Tank came over and crushed them.

It really fucking did m8. Its like the fucking ragdolls have arthritis. They're not floppy at all.

>euphoria
>DMM for destructible objects
>disappears immediately after death / destruction
I was pretty disappointed to be honest. Other than performance reasons why have cool destruction and physics if it despawns immediately ?

Attached: 1553487670004.png (623x561, 109K)

Beter than nothing i guess? Lame-o current gen tech cant handle tons of tiny physics objects.

Attached: images(9).jpg (212x238, 11K)

I hate this on Dark Souls

I tought I was the only one

Im really really crazy and picky when it comes to ragdolls in videogames so I made a list of my favorite ones
-gta IV
-Red read 1,2
-Max payne 2,3
-all games that use the source engine, except titanfall 2 it sucks because the game would be a 10/10 for me if the corpsess ragdolled all over the place
-halo 3 and reach have amazing physics which make the games fell really cool and fun
-f.e.a.r. , i love when corpsess go limp imediatly after you shoot them and this game is an excellent example of it, this is also the reason why I loved metro exodus, great gunplay too
-condemned series
-the new hitmans and contracts
Thats it, feel free to add games to this list

For goofy shit Oblivion was pretty good. You could paralyze an NPC and watch them roll down hills and stairs. I even found a mod that allowed you ragdoll yourself for a short time allowing to jump into a table full of random shit and knock it all around.

GTA V was pretty decent with the right euphoria and blood mods
>tfw bloodtrail is VR only
I'd play the fuck out of the tech demo