Stage design fully composed of corridors

>stage design fully composed of corridors
>V is shit
>enemy AI is STILL shit
>No combat adjudicator
>Crazy mash combos and some other moves never came back.
>game is piss easy
Dude I'm loving this game for real. But why you guys pretend it to be better than 3?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

I'll give you a (you) but only because i'd feel bad if you went through all this effort and had nothing to show for it.

wish i didnt have the urge to tackle these points despite it being bait
(You)

Nice arguments.

>No combat adjudicator
?

yea and we all know the combat adjudicators were such an important aspect of devil may cry that the game is forever worse without them
heres your last one

>No combat adjudicator
its the red orb things that go dark

Yeah and that is the only aspect I critiziced.

Nobody wants to argue with you. It would be wholly unproductive because you don't have any will to change your mind.

Look dude it's better than the reboot and that's all that matters

quit being nostalgia blind

Im not saying the game is bad. It's fucking great, but I'm sure it could be way better

Sure, because asking for no braindead enemies is so nostalgic.

are you implying that the enemies in 3 werent exactly the same

He's completely correct

Not exactly that but enemies are even easier than in 3

He's completely correct but he sounds like a bitch while saying it.

DMC3 > DMC5 > DMC4 > DmC > DMC1 > DMC2

Don't @ me

I'm @-ing you, faggot. what are you gonna do now?

I think 3 is marginally better just because the build up to the last fight is so damn good. 5 is a close second.
>No combat adjudicator
I have no idea what the point of this is though.

thats debatable, i would say the enemies are on par with DMC3's normal, atleast on DH.

something you could say is that the bosses were not as challenging as they were in 3 (fuck beowulf)

>DMC1 below 4 and Donte’s game

kek

Kys

Attached: 1553731580628.jpg (600x626, 37K)

>4 and 5 that high
>1 that low

Here's you're @

not him but 1 is pretty bad

Have you nigs replayed DMC1 lately? That shit aged like milk
>terrible camera
>terrible enemy design
>terrible bosses
>on-rails escape sequence

no it's a good game. 3>/=5>4>1>DmC>2

>Have you nigs replayed DMC1 lately?
I replayed it at the start of fall last year.

V is a fine character.

That is not how Combat Adjudicators work

I don't take anyone who's willing to rank DmC seriously.

Attached: 1432278171930.gif (350x300, 1.99M)

Yes. It got kind of aged, but
>terrible enemy design
You are very wrong there buddy

if you're going to rank 2 you might as well rank the reboot as well.

The game is fine mechanically. Your boy Itsuno worked on Definitive Edition. Free-flow combos were a really cool idea.

i dunno man, not much about it holds up
>only two weapons (they are good though)
>most guns are meh
>story is ridiculously awful
>combat is limited
>nightmare is repulsive
>phantom is boring
>worst dante

the soundtrack is good though

(3 >= 5 >>> 4 ≠< 1 >> DmC) ∞> 2

Kek that ∞> made me laugh get this free (You) my dude

Attached: 1553959711579.jpg (247x211, 8K)

Nah
>Free-flow combos
What does that even mean

Attached: 1485550729707.jpg (750x720, 70K)

the atmosphere and level design is good, the weapon and ability set is a bit limited but they are solid, if we're talking about bad stories DmC is way worse, nightmare is a nightmare fuck that guy on DMD, 2 and DmC have a worse dante 2 because he says like 3 lines throughout the entire game and DmC because he won't shut up and is obnoxious every time he opens his mouth.
DMC1 had one of my favorite voice line deliveries in the game not the cheese one, although I love that too. it's the "don't come any closer, you devil!"

Oh jesus another dmc2 shiller

>Nah
yah. 2 is the worst in the series by far, even including all the marketing bullshit that shat on the fans of the series.

Dude, they are here. Just ignore them

If you pressed Y Y, you could switch to another weapon and get the finisher move of that weapon. Most chains finished at the third hit so you could finish your combos any ways you wanted to. Educate yourself

>YEET
I'm a bit afraid to ask, but what is that?

It's Patty from the anime user. EDUCATE YOURSELF

>If you pressed Y Y, you could switch to another weapon and get the finisher move of that weapon
Yes. And you know what that means?
>Most chains finished at the third hit
Oh yes you do.

you insane buffoon.

3 has too many bad parts that drag down any playthrough
5 may not reach quite the same highs but it's also smooth sailing pretty much start to finish

What does not ranking DmC have to do with ranking 2? 2 will be at the bottom like it always has been and always will. DmC doesn't have to be acknowledged just because it was a functioning game.
You make it sound like that's not possible in DMC, where you can switch to any weapon and finish off an enemy in any way. In fact, that sounds like a basic ass combo from any 2 bit action game. There's no need to call it "Free Flow".

Attached: 1410933240904.gif (376x474, 26K)

What do you not understand? As far as I know, it's not possible to do that in other DMC games. Educate me please

>You make it sound like that's not possible in DMC
No, you can't. It is literally a weapon switch offset.

>Educate me please
Open your mouth user

I'm not talking about taking a dick down my throat, I'm asking a legit question here

Why do people like to pretend that DMC3 is a flawless masterpiece in comparison with the rest of the series?

>Some of the most obnoxious enemies in the series
>Half of the bosses are sub-par
>Temen-ni-gru is pretty boring and grey (though its better than most of DMC5's environments admittedly)
>A DMD mode that's more focused on being tedious than challenging, when DMC1 got DMD right beforehand.
>Some of the missions go on for longer than they should have

I'm not trying to say DMC3 isn't a great game, but it has some real shit parts that DMC5 more or less manages to avoid mostly, leading to a more consistent experience.

>terrible enemy design
>terrible bosses
nigga

How is that any different from changing to a weapon and inputting the move that I want that will kill the enemy? It's a longer sequence of events in DMC but that's about it. "Weapon switch offset" isn't unique to DmC, hell even musou games have a similar mechanic.

Attached: 1460005307625.jpg (294x297, 29K)

if you complain about 2 being ranked and not DmC then you're a retard. they both go in the bottom of the ranking and everyone knows the order.

I liked them in the stages as a way to gate some orbs behind some minimum style tests.
Though I found some of them really hard to pull off because of how shit I was with some of the weapons.
The Void's options, and the weapon customization allowing weapon loadout system allows one to simulate the effects of an adjudicator well enough.
I thought people found the puzzles to be annoying for repeated play throughs.
Maybe next game they could do what I heard Ninja Gaiden did, have one mode with all the puzzles and filler with another that trimmed it down to be much more focused only on the action
>Crazy Combos and some missing moves
Admittedly I was never able to get a hang of those but I can understand missing them.
Wall Running and Sword Pierce could be nice to return just for the sake of options.
>game is piss easy
Have you tried the higher difficulties? I hear a lot of people complaining that DH was too easy and basically tailored so Journalists wouldn't bitch if they picked it.
>Shit AI
Not sure how to fix that, which game in the series did you feel have good AI? Figure it would be hard to balance giving the player chances to style with having everything be overly aggressive or almost puzzle like to even damage.
>V is shit
Some people like him, but I do feel he was more of a beta test for another game series than anything else

No shit it's not unique, but it was a nice-to-have. What do you not understand? Every third hit there is a "finisher" move that ends the chain. When you switch weapon in a "normal" DMC game it resets the chain to 1, meaning, for example with Rebellion, you don't get the Million Stabs finisher instantly. It was just a nice way to mix up your weapon combos. It was different is how I'd put it

I suppose it was an interesting shortcut.
But it created a bit of an underlying homogeny no?
As the pause offsets would have to be the same between several weapons.
While the timing could be slightly different it kind of set a similar rhythm for them all to an extent.

I could see it as having some potential, but on the other hand some people would prefer to actually have direct access to the start of the other weapons combo immediately.

I wouldn't say it's better really, but I'd agree on it being different.

I wish there was a way to combine all of these in a centralized options menu but design for that would require tacking on way too many options to keep track of.

Well, it was mostly used for ground combos (but worked in the air too). And considering Donte had most of Nero's moves, Combos A through C flew perfectly into "that" finisher. I personally liked the idea, but it did fit with the game's style system so it made sense in DmC. Not sure it would apply in DMC5, seeing as getting an SSS is not really that hard if you switch your Style and weapons all the time anyways. It was a good attempt at making it seem like you had more options

>REEEE MY GAME IS PERFECT THE HYPE IS REAL DONT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE
this is why we cant have nice dmc threads anymore

>Free-flow combos
Are you me? I mean, I posted this in another thread when people were asking what feature from DmC would make a cool addition in 5. But I only came up with that name because I had no idea what else to call it.
I do agree that was a neat feature, I just find it weird someone else copied that term. Unless I somehow accidentally used the correct terminology?

>>stage design fully composed of corridors
All DMC bar 2 were like that.
>>V is shit
You are shit
>>enemy AI is STILL shit
But you want adjudicators, literal combo dummies, back for some unknown reason
>>Crazy mash combos and some other moves never came back.
Good, because they were trash
>>game is piss easy
Hardly any DMC game is hard but you're right, it's easier than the previous games on average.

How would you call it otherwise? Lightning Returns used that terminology if I'm not mistaken and it was literally the same mechanic (example two light attacks into Blizzara finisher). That shit is mighty fine in video games

Sorry OP you're not allowed to criticize this game, you drive Yea Forums in to a synchronized seethe which will result in no real counter argument except "fuck you"