He's right

Not a fan of Epic Store, but I love how it melts the brains of Yea Forumsalve dronies

Attached: epic twitter.jpg (941x1062, 193K)

Reminder that boycotting it will do nothing as many people will buy the game on the epic store.

As a consolefag I'm just eating the popcorn and watching Pcfags have strokes from rage.

That's true. No one can convince me to stop sucking cock, despite being heterosexual...

Attached: 1547936325111.png (435x374, 167K)

Isn't this the feet/fat guy

God I wanna fuck Ruby so badly

good for them

>B-b-but I have to make a big stink or they'll think I'm okay with this!!!1

So do I, and I find it outrageous that despite RWBY being a 3D show that you can (presumably) rip/recreate models from no SFM or other 3D animations of any note have been created.

Some Steamfag on Yea Forums tried arguing that exclusives aren't competition, lowering prices is.

There is nothing wrong with what that guy said.
It's not really competition if you're just using your infinite supply of money to buy timed exclusives, forcing people to use your shitty store if they want to buy the game at launch

why do people keep saying
>that's not how competition works/it's anti-competitive
Do they seriously expect epic to compete with steam just by selling the same games at the same prices? There's an entire fucking boneyard of storefronts that tried that. Trying to leverage some kind of advantage against your competitors IS competition.

isn't that an angry legbeard?

You sure about that?

Attached: 3.png (1280x720, 412K)

>haha it's good that pc gaming is devolving in features because someone got mad!
Great.

Perhaps I'm just bad at searching for it.

isn't competition supposed to benefit consumers? exclusivity contracts don't do that

>>haha it's good that pc gaming is devolving in features because someone got mad!

What features are being devolved? Steam is still here

>le gamer that hates GAMERS
cringe

>it's ok to have launcher exclusives in PC because of mad pc gamers
THE ETERNAL COCKSUCKING STATE OF BUYFAGS
LMAO

Attached: 1554086927710.png (976x658, 272K)

Que up the WebMs of snake beating the shit out kids on that level.

>Do they seriously expect epic to compete with steam just by selling the same games at the same prices?
I don't think anyone has objected to EGS undercutting Steam

>Trying to leverage some kind of advantage against your competitors IS competition.
Customers are generally only interested in competition if it benefits them in some way, they aren't wetting themselves to the pure concept of competition

Literally everything Steam has developed, just because dude fortnite money lmao

>Literally everything Steam has developed

What if you don't use them/don't want them?

Heh gamers

Whats with all these weird Twitter "leftists" that constantly suck corporate cock

>Pirating multiplayer games
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Crab mentality. The consolecuck has already suffered similar anti-consumer practices, and is now happy to see others in the same situation.

Valve will always be second best just like their popular esport titles.

Communists turning against the proletariat because they see themselves as superior people. Happens every time.

Because its accurate

>he cant pirate multiplayer games
THE STATE OF BRAINLET BUYFAG

Based and piratepilled. A bottle of rum to you my good sir.

Attached: Gabe-Newell-Pirate.jpg (600x400, 36K)

bro isnt she 15 years old...

>don't boycott the game because it won't mater
>just spend your money gweilo
Epic will never see a single penny from me for as long as I live. Publishers who sign over exclusivity to Epic will never again see a penny from me for as long as I live. I do not support exclusivity at all and I am absolutely not afraid to drop an entire portion of the hobby just like I did with all consoles.

Attached: 1248306280601.jpg (400x481, 29K)

>it's fine that cars only go 40mph now because I don't drive
Geez, I dunno.
Then again, we're back at the point where Epic provides nothing useful for me, so I might as well pirate. I have no need for their launcher as it does nothing.

>Looks at mw2 boycott
>Looks back at you

>Smiles

>THE STATE OF BRAINLET BUYFAG
You certainly can, but why would you? Whats that? You gonna use a tunneler? OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1390001573470s.jpg (250x241, 11K)

Why does Valve always get a pass for taking away choice by getting rid of physical copies and giving digital distribution a monopoly on PC?
EGS would have never even been attempted if Valve were boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam like they should have been.

Back to discord, James.

If they have the money to outright buy exclusivity they have the money to sell the games at a lower cost and eat that cost.
Competition is supposed to be convincing me as the customer that your store is worth going to. Not forcing me to either use your store or pirate the game

Wow, fuck this gu-
>Koops avatar
On second thought, fuck you Steam niggers

That's right fellow anons, it's best to surrender now. Throw away those silly notions of voting with your wallet and not supporting practices you don't like, it's just a free to download launcher

where's your shit crawling wojack pasta-kun?

Hey dipshit. Cherry picking hypocrites doesn't mean everyone is a hypocrite. If your argument hinges on this assumption you're not going to get anywhere. If the only way you can win an argument is by pretending the person you're talking to is lying to you then you are being legitimately ignorant.

I'm not insisting that me not buying the game or supporting Epic is going to make a large difference. I'm only responsible for what leaves my own wallet. I don't give a shit about anyone else's wallet but my own. Full stop. If my actions coincide with an established or publicized boycott then it's coincidence. I make decisions based on my own standards; not a bandwagon.

Chinks have never convinced me why I should pay, for a copy twice rather than pirate. Chinks are literally paying the publisher for every copy they expect to sell so why should I pay for it again.

>haha i don't care about this issue but it makes people i don't like angry so i love it!
Wow, where have I seen this mentality before...

Attached: 1545086543804.jpg (585x560, 83K)

It's literally the Comcast strategy of "we are the only choice if you wanna play/watch this"

Wow the guy in OP's post is actually ri-
>user changes his opinion to the complete opposite entirely based on something completely unrelated to the argument
On second thought, fuck you Epic chinks.

no store tried to sell games at a lower price, because they can't
tim swiney is a brainlet that got lucky with fortnite though so he doesn't understand
cutting prices 15% and just paying devs would have made the store look much better than steam, it would showcase a potential (i mean, only potential as it'll never happen) benefit the lower cut could bring
but instead he's just pissed everyone off and in turn is paying more in the end

?

Take the money they are throwing at publishers to keep games off steam to increase the benefits of using epic store that improves it user ecosystem. Sell games for a more competitive price even

Let me make it simple for you idiots.

Voting with your wallet doesn't work anymore. Millions will download the game. You won't even dent the profits.

What don't you get? Go pirate it for all I care. I'm buying it. All normal people are. The only ones who are crying are the fucking steamonly babies who are mad that another launcher has EXCLUSIVE games.

You know what happens when a console gets an exclusive? People get that console. They don't complain about it. They either wait for the exclsuivity contract to end or buy the console.

Just shut up and let's see what happens. God you're annoying.

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-220528.png (836x219, 49K)

tiananmen square 1989
winnie the pooh

seething

PC gamers can't boycott for shit. Epic will do fine

Attached: i2R3gHOh[1].jpg (800x666, 85K)

>I don't like this but people who don't like it are idiots

from liberals

not a big fan of pcbros but i am a fan of how they're melting insectoids brains

Attached: tiananmen square.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

All it means is that I won't be purchasing said game.
When whichever game IS released on my platform, I won't be buying it since the release hype will have died down and I won't be giving a shit anymore.

Attached: 1471888600795.jpg (500x375, 38K)

I know.
Yeah yeah xi is Winnie and tianmen square was a protest and the tank ran the dude over who cares.

>PC gamers can't boycott for shit. Epic will do fine

So why exactly has Bethesda dropped their shit launcher and why is Microsoft moving towards releasing all of their PC games on Steam now?

I just know i'm gonna pirate every game that comes out of Epic store.

Attached: seething.png (500x500, 256K)

Windows store was shit botnet
Bethesda literally said it was due to costs and effectiveness on the mod scene.

Epic will be fine

This shit doesn't work in discriminating customers, retard. "Other people are spending their money at Epic so you should be doing it too" isn't going to change anybody's fucking mind. You're also a stupid prick for acting like people haven't been complaining about exclusives on consoles for literally decades. Don't misrepresent the argument. People aren't upset because they would need to click their mouse a few times in different spots. You're not going to silence criticism of Epic by acting like this. You can go fuck yourself, you dick sucking shill.

Attached: 1341103465475.jpg (490x490, 45K)

Any more edits of that pic with "cope", "cringe", and "yikes"?

>get told boycotting will do nothing
>so paranoid and defensive that he thinks that means he's being told to buy the game

Nah. We're just laughing at your inability to stop this big win. Furthermore, I just tossed another $20 at Epic to buy the Magma Legends Bundle. Enjoy.

last light came out in 2013
steam probably has 3x more users since then

>exclusivity is the only way!
tired of this this non argument
epic can compete by out-servicing steam at their own game and they have tons of money to make deals with publishers that isn't exclusivity cancer that also benefit you the consumer.
-customer loyalty programs
-make deals with publishers to offer games at discounts steam can't match; get games on day 1 at 30-50% off. its actually cheaper for epic to for half the price of 5 million copies than full price.
-daily and weekly game coupons
-uplay like rewards for playing video games like discounts and in-game items.
-weekend flash sales
-pre-order incentives; ie. buy borderlands 3 at epic get the game for a big discount and get the first 2 games with all dlc free. buy xcom 2 at epic and get a special season pass at epic only that gives you all the dlc for a better price.
-offer devs a huge discount to use a third party anti cheat so devs stop being lazy fucks by shipping mp games with zero fucking protection.

That's literally what shills like you are trying to convince people to do by mocking the idea of not spending money at Epic. You're fucking retarded.

Cope

actually im wrong
its more than 3x

you know why epic isnt giving real numbers?
the real numbers are pathetic

Attached: asdsad.png (715x468, 117K)

>Nothing but insults
Not even a coherent argument.

Yeah. Just sit there and wait 6 months. I'll be playing with my friends and having fun on launch day as will millions of others. No argument needed. The game will sell and meet profits.

The end.

But that's exactly how competition works

9volt is an SJW faggot.

9volt is a cuck that thinks sucking up to corporations will give him special privileges
Don't take anything he says seriously

Attached: Big Brain Big Combos.png (669x574, 469K)

Same shit from shills like you every time. You have no argument, and when you get called out you repeat the same buzzword as if that makes the beating you just took disappear. You're an embarrassment.

>woo i just gave my info to the chineses!
>what now gamers!
Fucking neck yourself!

>comparing the launch of fucking last light to now, 6 years later
Pathetic

this desu senpai

anybody loyal to a multi billion dollar company should be sterilized

Attached: blends.png (270x270, 79K)

not that user but enjoy your Chinese spyware then I'm sure it won't bite you in the ass at all

>Epic will be fine
I have doubts, seeing as the only thing that's even materially different from steam is exclusivity deals and supposedly a bigger cut of sales to devs, neither of which are in any way benevolent to the end user.

Epic is turning valvecucks into absolute mongloids. This is so tame compared to something like MHW getting timed console exclusive, the storefront is free to use if you own a PC and you aren't gated by hardware. How can people throw this much of a fit over a storefront when console timed exclusives are much worse.

You could literally make one of these in seconds, so does it matter if they already exist or not?

Which has nothing to do with me or my decision. You're acting like what you do with your money matters to me. It never did. But apparently what I do with my money works you up into a defensive fervor. When I explain the reasoning behind my decision you act like having reasons for decisions at all is ridiculous and people should just spend their money indiscriminately. If you want me to spend money at the Epic store then you need to convince me to do it. Telling me other people, like you, are doing it isn't enough you fucking retard. You're running away from the argument by pretending like you pissing away your money for a company that is actively trying to fuck you over is not only a good thing but it's worth bragging about.

>Why does Valve always get a pass for taking away choice by getting rid of physical copies
Because most of the people who remember that either developed stockholm syndrome, or turned piratefag and stopped caring

Attached: 1546903848529.gif (360x238, 1.93M)

cope

Same faggots that make petitions that never work expected to boycott epic?

People complain about console / PC port double dipping all of the fucking time. You're just either not paying attention or you're ignoring it because it doesn't align with the agenda you're fucking pushing.

>not a big fan of [thing]
definitely a big fan of [thing] statement

you do know that LL has only sold 20k right?

>How can people throw this much of a fit over a storefront
because the were raised under a monopoly, most didnt play games or were even born when PC gaming wasnt cucked to hell by Valve
it's like freeing slaves, they dont know what to do with the freedom

it really is shocking how many valve drones there are...
when i was shocked years ago after i figured out that steams takes 33% they told me lmao dude its standart.

i only buy good games so i want most of my money to go the devs and not to cuck middle men. i really hope epic destroys that fat fuck in the long run.

Attached: 1544567803544.jpg (1737x587, 213K)

>ha ha it really makes me laugh how Winnie the Pooh's communist state-owned corp Tencent and their chink shill/hypocritical shit Sweeney are trying to strong-arm their way into the PC video games industry and establish a monopoly
y-yeah it's really funny ha ha so funny please don't tiananmen square me comrade

You know for a fact consoles take similar cuts. Shut the fuck up.

>it's like freeing slaves, they dont know what to do with the freedom
They're freed from being able to buy games from multiple storefronts with competing prices to being able to only buy games directly from one store? How is that 'freeing' them?

It's so crazy that this place went from praising gaben to rightfully shitting o him to completely forgetting everything that ever existed and are now hailing him as the savior.

Not a big fan of EGS, but anything which upsets Valve's market dominance will be for the best in the long run.

competition is good in business

fuck gaben and his monopoly.

>twitter screencap
>he's right
okay retard

>figured out that steams takes 33% they told me lmao dude its standart.
hold the phone when did it get raised to 33%??

Do people who whine about games not being on steam not realize that steam is just as bad.

Who said anything about 33%? It's 38% now.

>PC gaming wasnt cucked to hell by Valve
>no one has ever been able to actually prove this yet faggots always repeat it ad nauseam
And anytime they do try to refute it's always because of "muh Steam censorship" over retarded tiddy games no one gives a fuck about
antiValvefags are the bigger cucks

Attached: 1550747293764.jpg (888x894, 68K)

>competition is good
>reduces consumer buying power down to two stores
>every other storefront has dozens
really made me think

I'm saying competition drives prices down. Gaben has to give me a reason to use his store over Epic.

This isn't a matter of preference. It's a matter of principle. People aren't complaining that they'll need to click their mouse in different spots to run a game. They're complaining that a company is using monopolistic business practices to ensure customers pay more for video games and they take all of the profits to further support them using even more monopolistic business practices in the future.

It never is anywhere close to this and they don't villianize Sony/Capcom/etc. to the level they do with Epic/Devs using their store. Look anywhere people are discussing this and they give free passes to consoles doing this when it's MUCH worse. People are making a huge deal over something they are normally okay with because they are fragile fucks.

>just by selling the same games at the same prices?
They don't need to sell them at the same prices. Their vaunted revenue split should mean cheaper prices

>10 black dicks vs 15 black dicks

every thread
>guy how does epic compete????!! we need exclusives!
>people list rational ways that benefit the consumer
>shitpoosting stops
>new thread started
>guys really how does epic compete??? exclusives are the only way!!
its just an endless cycle

So why are we suddenly having this massive shitfest between Steam and these Epic people?

>but anything which upsets Valve's market dominance will be for the best in the long run.

Even if the thing that is upsetting Valve's market dominance genuinely doesn't give two shits about the consumers and only cares about pleasing the publishers?

As a pcfag I'm just going to buy BL3 on EGS because I'm not a screeching drone

Steam isn't chinese spyware, at the very least.
Also, last I checked people who publish on steam aren't contractually obligated to not release on any other platform, they just don't release on other platforms because they're lazy/other storefronts won't accept their game for whatever reason/they can't into building their own site/whatever other reasons a dev can come up with to not publish their game off of steam.

>I'm saying competition drives prices down.
then why you do support a store that limits your buying power to two stores? if anything epic should offer you MORE buying power and use thier money to create benefits for you

Nobody is giving consoles a free pass. I'm pointing out that singling Steam out as some sort of bad guy that does something no other company does is disingenuous. It's trying to detract from the fact that Epic is literally trying to do that exact thing in a marketplace where it has been absent for decades. Many of you are too young to remember what happened when IBM computers showed up.

Epic isn't competing though. Competing would mean offering the customer lower prices and more or better features, which Epic is doing the literal opposite. Imagine if you owned a store and a guy stood around out back and offered everyone who delivered stock to your store $10,000 to send it to Walmart instead. That's what Epic is doing.

>I'm saying competition drives prices down.

You mean like Green Man Game, Voidu, Gamesplanet, Fanatical, and all the other legitimate third-party sellers that I can't buy from for games exclusive to the Epic Game Store?

epic gave me thimbleweed park for free

when has gaben given you a free game?

Good. Fuck your store.

>only buy games directly from one store
you're acting like you need to pay to use the store. and if you already "bought game from multiple storefronts" (which nobody really did) what's the issue with Epic?
it's a stockholm syndrome thing.

Oh this is that dude that jerks off on plushies and sends them to people that he hates
Nice

Because a lot of people are really really mad at Gaben and they think that installing Chinese spyware on their computer is a good method of revenge.

Steam might as well be the PC platform to a lot of those people, if it's not a third party steam key seller it can fuck off

>Steam isn't chinese spyware, at the very least.
Neither is EGS

it's because even the people who cry FUCK VALVE FUCK STEAM AND FUCK NIGGERS have been so reliant on Steam for so long in terms of all the games they've been playing on PC that they don't want to admit it they want to act like they're somehow above it despite acting like bigger cocksuckers for the worse service (epic game store)

>sold more than last light
>but not redux
lmao

this is what epic should keep concentrating on: things that benefit consumers. free games are good, its a weakness of steam. they only give away portal or some other old valve game. epic gives out actually new games for free. we need for consumer benefits.

ebin maymay

>cutting off your nose to spite your face
I can't possibly see this backfiring.

any competition > a monopoly.

Its really funny that Exodus literally sold only 60k copies
Exodus got its own fucking E3 segment and yet only 60k people actually bothered to buy it.
This kills the Epic shill

>Steam might as well be the PC platform to a lot of those people
this.
zoomers grew up with Steam and they dont pirate. Steam IS gaming for them, so it's like Epic is threatening gaming itself when in reality it's the same shit

>Being this aggressively apathetic and dumb
No one gives a fuck that you're making bad decisions. If you don't wanna see people talk shit about it go somewhere else because you're clearly too thin-skinned for this place

>Who said anything about 33%? It's 38% now.
5000% and first born now

What did Gaben do to make people so retarded?

You can just go into MSpaint, put white on seething and then write any work you want

It's my birthyear

You seem to forget that i have options. i can just pirate their game.

>thats not how competition works
using money to control a market and thus manipulate consumers is precisely how competition works
why the fuck does this guy think theres ads all over the internet? for fun?
if this guy lives in america, he should know that's how presidential campaigns have worked for decades

>and if you already "bought game from multiple storefronts" (which nobody really did)

It's nice when people say things you can easily prove wrong. Steam has the handy option of differentiating reviews between those that bought directly from Steam, and those that didn't. It's not an exact science of sales comparisons, but goddamn 31% of reviews of Sekiro were from copies not bought directly from Steam. You're full of shit if you're saying nobody uses third-party stores on the PC

Attached: Sekiro Reviews.jpg (591x413, 60K)

Fuck now I have to get laid? This is impossible!

>and if you already "bought game from multiple storefronts" (which nobody really did) what's the issue with Epic?
gee i dunno the fact they block other stores from selling games and drastically reduce your buying power?

Why does Steam even need competition? Not to suck Valve's dick or anything, but I don't see why someone thinks that Valve needed competition. If they were a dick head corporation that treated its customers like shit and held that monopoly like Comcast, but they're really not. Sure their customer service sucks, but its improved a lot lately, so why?

i bought sekiro from humble

>Steam is a monopoly
This picture kills the Epic shill

Attached: Monopoly.jpg (500x372, 55K)

So you do buy games from multiple storefronts

>all normal people are
you mean retard who are buttsluts for their corporate overlords cocks right?

>Buys game from multiple storefronts

>WAAAAAAAAHHHHH I have to buy from this one now?

Holy shit the complaining is pathetic.

GOG is nothing relative to Steam.

Epic have the money to compete.

Give me regional pricing, sales, linux client, linux support on the level of proton, user reviews that arent opt-in, universal controller support, VR, curators, wishlists, and a launchee that doesnt deliberately access competitor programs folders and files. Do that, remove all Tencent shares, and maybe I'd be interested

I don't think you've been paying attention.

>Nobody is giving consoles a free pass
The whole internet doesn't go up in arms and get the frontpage of every site with their console exclusives, some people say it sucks but accept it as a common business practice.

>I'm pointing out that singling Steam out as some sort of bad guy that does something no other company does is disingenuous
You may have me confused with someone else I don't think any storefront is good/bad, I'm saying people shouldn't be singling Epic out for these practices when it's done everywhere and just normal expected business.

>It's trying to detract from the fact that Epic is literally trying to do that exact thing in a marketplace where it has been absent for decades
This was normal since before Steam got big and if anyone wants to make a competing storefront they would have to do so by exclusives just like Epic is doing. There is no way people would switch otherwise.

>Scenario A: I can choose which storefront ot buy from out of multiple and they compete and as such I get better prices
>Scenario B: I can only buy from one storefront (Epic's) and it's 'partners' which all charge the same price so I always have to pay the max amount

Wow weird some people don't like this

Gamers don't need to be your audience. Gamers are dead. Cater to publishers and other publicly traded entities

i never claimed otherwise. still never buying from epic. :^)

>31% of reviews of Sekiro were from copies not bought directly from Steam
aka 30% pirated copies and 1% some other store

>Epic throws money at the dev to restrict sales
>Valve funds development to stop devs from doing any exclusivity deals
>devs think Epic is better for them

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-185651_Reddit.jpg (1078x1145, 649K)

Because steam's still got some issues
>inconsistency on allowed games
>steamworks DRM existing
>i dunno, those are just the two i can pull off the top of my head

The only thing holding GOG back is human inertia and not being so easy to publish on that your grandma could get something on the platform though the latter is enough of a double-edged sword that you may want to avoid it, and there's devs who get jittery when they hear there's no way to stop a pirate from downloading the installer and playing the game without paying for it beyond "hope the customers like it enough they decide to buy instead of pirate"

That's a bad thing. That's why capitalism is failing and democracy is failing.

Reminder that that page pushed the people playing games to the top and already finished in the bottom right. 20 people out of 833 cracked. That's not that many.

The truth is it was just some tiny little group and were overshadowed by the hordes of consolekiddies who bought in. MW2 *did* largely kill COD off as a major PC player and it never really recovered.

BUYING RIGHTS TO MAKE A GAME TO MAKE IT EXCLUSIVE IS ANTI-CAPITALISM.
STEAM PROVIDES A BETTER SERVICE AND DOESNT SELL INFO TO THE CHINESE.
SUPPORTING EPIC IS SUPPORTING COMMUNISM.
WILL BE POSTING TOR LINKS ASAP ON RELEASE, DO NOT BUY ANONS, DEMOCRACY SHALL PREVAIL.

t. never used steam

>The whole internet doesn't go up in arms and get the frontpage of every site with their console exclusives, some people say it sucks but accept it as a common business practice.
It's not new. People are tired of arguing about it. That will happen after a while.
>I'm saying people shouldn't be singling Epic out for these practices
Epic should definitely be singled out for pushing these business practices in a space that has been free from them for a very long time. This is bad for customers and you should not be trying to silence people for voicing their displeasure. This compulsion to silence this criticism actually favors Epic, so pretending like you're not trying to defend Epic is fruitless.
>if anyone wants to make a competing storefront they would have to do so by exclusives
No. As someone mentioned before and I will shamelessly repeat their sentiments, Epic could have easily taken the money they spent on buying exclusivity to simply lower the prices of the games sold on their store to be even lower than Steam's. They would still have to eat that cost, but it's clear they are willing to eat that cost anyway. Instead of doing it in a way that would benefit customers, they did it in a way that would benefit publishers and limit customers. People would have happily started using Epic if they could get games on Epic at a substantially reduced price. They would only be complaining about the lack of features on the Epic store, but they would still stick around to wait for more possible deals. That would have been perfectly fine.

Acting like Epic is only doing it this way because they HAVE to do it this way is bullshit and you fucking know it.

>All these people responding to this bait

>DOESNT SELL INFO TO THE CHINESE.
EGS doesn't either

You need to own the game to review it

>The whole internet doesn't go up in arms and get the frontpage of every site with their console exclusives
that's because console users are braindead. need proof? they use consoles.

I wasn't the one who said that. I was quoting someone else. Dingbat.

hahaha yeah imagine taking business lessons from losers in their moms basement.

gamers are the most whiny entitled faggots ever

nani? you have to have the game in your library to review it epic-chan. try again.

Fuck Gaben.

Half Life 3 died for a SHITTY CARD GAME.

Attached: ZUXA8u8.png (462x445, 45K)

TENCENT IS A CHINESE COMPANY HOLDING STOCKS IN EPIC.
ANY STOCKHOLDER HAS THE RIGHTS TO ACCESS INFORMATION
IT MAY (KEY WORD BY THE WAY) NOT BE YOUR PERSONAL INFO BUT IT IS GROUP STATISTICS.

Hey troll, fuck off and die okay? If you dont enjoy vidya what the fuck are you doing on the vidya board.

Not release HL3

>Epic will be fine
Until the kids move on from fortnite. Then they'll be forgotten.

even if that happens (which is unlikely for the foreseeable future) they have daddy tencent to give them more money.

Faulty argument.

>go shopping at store
>store looks like shit
>much less people shop there as a result
>surprised when people don't want your shit

Attached: 1553813614256.jpg (591x639, 98K)

>chink shills are getting desperate and angry that nobody here is taking their bait
If nothing we do matters, why the fuck are you here trying to convince us to use epic? Fucking insect scum.

So why is being against something and speaking up against it laughable now?

How so.
And dont say food analogy, just because theyre overused doesnt mean they cant be accurate.

>9volt’s entire shtick is crying about gamers and how they’re all entitled nerds
>unironically gets indignant about video games not being considered an art form

Attached: 2620F0DA-37E0-4441-A41E-91E3C8C60566.jpg (800x450, 61K)

how so?
it is true that if any company did in another field the same thing epic is doing, they'll be accused of unfair business, and it has happened in the past.

>gamers are entitled
No that's devs

Attached: Untitled_0.jpg (960x670, 154K)

>Why does Steam even need competition?
(If you're not some poor mom and pop store somewhere in the Midwest just scraping by to survive) It's always good for thriving companies to have competition. Competition = companies trying to outdo each other by attempting to put out better products or services than their counterparts. For the consumer that isn't choosy about purchasing from different platforms, it is heaven. I've heard about Epic Store having spyware or something, but I haven't done any research so I can't comment on that. If it's true then that's inexcusable and low. But my point still stands that competition between thriving businesses is always beneficial for the consumer (who isn't a loyalist).

>So why is being against something and speaking up against it laughable now?
illegal in china

>posting mothercucking 9volt on Yea Forums
go back and also kill yourself

>Bethesda literally said it was due to costs
Yeah, because no one was fucking using it, it cost too much to maintain with no money coming back in from it

Anybody have the tianaman square massacre copy pasta that cuts all chink internet?

I dont understand this image
what is AAC and is this guys game rated better than 87?
or is the point that they only take high scoring games

SEETHING STEAM INCELS

Tell me chang why would Valve care if many devs are signing deals like this? They're the ones who pushed to let devs release games outside of Steam in the first place. The fact remains devs and publishers were never forced to the position they're in by Valve. They all voluntarily chose to do it since it everything from DRM, forums, and credit security were set up for them all while only taking the same cut that everyone else did. Valve can't do exclusives and lowering their cut won't stop Epic from doing their minimum sales guarantee shit.

Attached: 1553897065738.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

Watching PC babies fling shit at eachother in consolewar tier bullshit is fucking hilarious, especally over a fucking launcher no less.

Attached: kingcrimson.png (150x155, 41K)

I went checking the site i took that comment from to see if anyone replies, and the comment has been deleted by the staff for spam...funny uh?

My guess is AAC is Assault Android Cactus, and that he's complaining about how epic wasn't going to give him a publishing deal at all before he released the game

Intentionally representing Epic as a powerless, reactive business is not legitimate. In reality they're spending tens of millions of dollars to subvert a system designed to protect customers from being exploited. What they're doing is monopolistic in nature, and portraying this action as justified when it's coming from some broken down shack does not change the actual real world effects this practice has on the industry.

If you need an example of what happens when this shit gets out of control you get the console marketplace where customers are ultimately the ones that pay the price for all of these decisions. If all console manufacturers operated using the same reasonable standards like many other tech companies do then console choice would be a matter of preference and exclusivity would not exist. Customers would only need to buy one console and they would have access to all games available to consoles. But instead you have a system where that same customer now has to buy three or more separate consoles to have this comprehensive customer experience.

Forcefully injecting monopolistic business practices in the PC market is bad. The effect is not really a big deal if the amount of money invested into making it happen is negligible, which is what this analogy is trying to do. But the truth is the amount of money changing hands to accomplish this is nothing to sneeze at, and it is having an effect on the industry. This analogy attempts to make it appear as though there is no effect on the industry.

>they have daddy tencent to give them more money
Tencent is a company that cares about profits. They made a bunch with fortnite by getting lucky and jumping on an emerging trend. Once they realise they can't keep doing that, they'll back out. Chinks are greedier than Jews and care half as much about their customers.
>which is unlikely for the foreseeable future
Are you underage? The absolute maximum on this battle royale shit is ten years. Fortnite won't be the top br game for even half that. Still way too much money but it will end.

abacchio, narancia, and bruno all die

>second company would be accused of unfair business
Can you show actual real world examples of that?
Steamdrones delusional as always.

If you are hating on Epic please take a step away from the computer, go for a walk, think about life for a sec and realize you are complaining about literally the stupidest shit ever.

>this wall of text explaining why one launcher is bad and the other is based
fucking kek you guys are so delusional

Attached: 1419484231696.png (516x850, 213K)

Assault android cactus is overwhelmingly positive on steam currently, and he is mad that Epic rejected it. He thinks that Epic picks titles based on quality but they actually pick based on how many sales they can make off the title. The game has been around since 2015 and made all of it's profits so it's declined. Meanwhile, you can buy pic related on Epic store. A PC port of a switch port of a mobile game with a 57 metacritic. They dgaf about quality, just sales.

Attached: Game.png (388x291, 113K)

Don't reply to shit bragging about how you're illiterate.

>I love watching people understandably upset about bad business practices! It gives me the lulz and keks and stuff SO RANDUM

Goddamn twitter child.

He made game in 2015 and released it on steam.
In 2016 he released it on ps4 and xbox one.
Now he offered this game to Epic and they decided they do not want it, because currently only 4 people playing it on steam.
So he got butthurt and was bragging how his game has 87 score on metacritic and such.

hide shill threads, ignore shill posts, do not reply to shill posters.

>trying to spoil shit because Wahhh muh steam launcher
stay in your hole ironic weeb, anyone who gives a shit read the manga years ago

>Yea Forums is overrun with /pol/ outcasts screaming about how capitalism is the one true god etc etc
>Epic does the most capitalistic thing possible to compete: throws money at it
>/polv/ cries and whines and bitches and shits its pants
do you fags realize how hypocritical you are

this is where i'm at too desu
just inject that smug contrarianism right into my veins

I'll still just pirate for the convenience

>it's another Yea Forums is the same person post

yawn

Dont go bragging how you cant stop sucking gabens cock

I dont get it. What part of what the other guy said is wrong? Epic does pay to have timed exclusives. Thats why pirating their games is not that big of a deal

Im a retard who never finished college to help the folks instead, but im pretty sure he's making epic out to offer a worse product, but because instead of using their money to better compete they're using it to kill the competition. Which is illegal I think.

Criticizing Epic isn't defending Steam. I bash Valve for all sorts of shit. Epic is on the chopping block right now.

Stay mad retard. Only dumbfuck losers give a shit about videogames.

spoiler: you will also die one day

>Now he offered this game to Epic and they decided they do not want it, because currently only 4 people playing it on steam.

And yet Nintendo launched and updated version of the game on the Switch literally a month ago

he's wrong, but the former is anti-consumer while the latter is pro-consumer

Valve killed HL3 for Artifact

Stop defending their stupidity.

What site user?

>Nintendo
They literally have 0 games and nintendo players play only on nintedo consoles.
But this game available on PC from 2015, and I repeat only 4 people currently playing it.

Want to make a deal with Epic? How about making new game and not milking your only game for 5 years?

What does making games have to do with Steam as a storefront? Those are two completely separate things

What Epic is doing is legal. They're approach business in a different way by trying to appeal to the publishers instead of the customers. The trouble with this idea is that it relies on customers not having another choice, and this shreds customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. It's so economically unsound UNLESS you're an established monopoly.

>bad market reads are worse than literal anti-consumer practices

Attached: porcelain swan is disappointed by your offering.png (476x345, 154K)

You are Number 2 in this picture

Attached: Epic.jpg (1253x143, 110K)

...And how many folks are playing it?

It's old as fuck, dude. Let it go.

HL3 died long before Artifact. No one wants to make a HL game since 2007, get over it already.

But killing competition instead of using your funds to better compete isnt capitalist.
In fact I'm pretty sure it was illegal around the rockefeller times.
Then big buisness bought the government.

COMPETITION IS GOOD IN BUSINESS, RETARD

Stop sucking Gaben's cock. More options = lower prices/better deals. Otherwise you have to pay max.

Epic reduces you buying power to less than a fraction of what other stores offer.

Stop defending their stupidity.

HEH
E
H

so brave

>More options = lower prices/better deals. Otherwise you have to pay max.
you mean options and lower prices that epic doesn't offer because they block anyone but themselves and humble from selling games?

Making games exclusive isnt competition. It stops the othet party from competing.

More stores = more competition = lower prices or better deals.

Otherwise you willingly suck Gaben's dick only.

1989, Atari Vs Nintendo, Decided in 1992.
Atari sued Nintendo for unfair business for monopolizing videogames by restricting developers to only develop for the NES.
Atari was winning and the court agreed that restricting developers to only develop for a specific system was infringing their freedom to sign legitimate contracts with other companies to develop their games for other platforms, the only reason the suit was suspended and nothing was done against Nintendo is because during the months the court found that Atari stole some of the "limiting" technology source code Nintendo used to lock reverse engineering of NES games, thus invalidating many of the proves they brought into court.

In short, Atari was dumb, and if it wasn't for that mistep, the court would have legitimately fined Nintendo for unfair business.
PCgamer

Im just confused on why you thought the pic wasnt a valid arguement. You seem to agree with what its stating.

It's not competition, it's illegal. Epic needs to be broken up for anti-competitive practices.

>More options = lower prices/better deals. Otherwise you have to pay max.
But I can only buy games exclusive to the Epic Game Store from directly from Epic or their 'partner' Humble Bundle who charges the exact same price. With games on Steam I can buy them from a number of competing storefronts like GMG, Voidu, Fanatical, Gameplanet, Gamebillet, and others. All those storefronts compete against each other on price and I get better deals as a result

Attached: Consider this statement.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>Trying to leverage some kind of advantage against your competitors IS competition.
Not when you prevent the competition from even competing. They're tempering with their competition's busses, so the other teams can't arrive in time, making them win by WO.

They wanted leverage, yet they had one. The higher revenue cut for publishers and or developers, and the free games. But they shoved an undercoocked store out of the door, with a fuckton of problems, lack of basic ass features like shopping carts, search functions, and god damn regional pricing, not helped by the fact that nearly half of their shares is owned by a company known for stealing private information and giving it to their countries government. And because they know they fucked, or not, it could very well be entirely intentional, they have to pay up for heavily anticipated games to NOT be sold on other stores attention to themselves.

And unfortunately it seems like it worked, because for Epic, Metro Exodus sold a fuckton, even though we have no idea how much 2.5x more sales than steam on the same time frame really indicates. As far as I remember, Last Light sold, like, 300~400 on the first week/month or some shit, meaning they didn't even scratch a million units, which is kind of sad considering Metro Exodus had quite the hype surrouding it prior to release. Even Deep Silver has been tight lipped about PC sales while they only praised how well Exodus did on PS4 compared to Last Light on PS3.

>game is exclusive to epic
>game costs more than it would be on steam because valve covers the transaction fees in my country while epic doesn't
Really feeling those better deals so far.

And steam does have competition, it's just that they're all either inept fuckwads (origin), late to the game (GoG), or perpetuating the worst customer abuses the vidya industry has seen (epic)

>More stores = more competition = lower prices or better deals.
there are no more stores or more delas becaus epic blocks other stores from having them.
otherwise you willingly defend a store that offers less buying power.

Thats exactly what we had until Epic shoved their dick in your ears

How is liking the lesser established corporate while bashing the established and bigger corporate on the market "sucking their cock"?

Yeah, remind me how outraged Yea Forums about this. And how everyone hates Nintendo.

But again, exclusivity contracts not illegal. Nintendo never had such things and just threatened developers with consequences if they would release games on another systems.

So your example has nothing to do with Epic thing.

Epic gives out free games. Maybe Gaben will follow suit. It's a start.

Also it forces him to give developers a better deal for games. Devs get more money.

Yeah I mean especially since the publishers are getting guaranteed minimums anyway

I explained in detail why it's a faulty argument. It's not about legality. That was never in question. It's faulty because it's misrepresenting what is actually occurring as if it's inconsequential. It's not. This has actual consequences. They are not illegal consequences, but they are consequences that do negatively impact customers which is what that analogy is intentionally trying to hide.

Last light vanilla sold like 60K at launch week. Redux on Steam is at 2 million, but they ofc only can compare to the vanilla release.

>Devs get more money.
Publishers get more money. Developers are salaried and don't see a dime from sales. They might get a bonus if they're lucky.

shitting on epic is natural and expected, but it isn't the same as defending valve.