In retrospect, this was a bad idea to "stick it" to the critics. Why did Anthem die?

In retrospect, this was a bad idea to "stick it" to the critics. Why did Anthem die?

Attached: TgeeK0H.jpg (900x1200, 643K)

Attached: EA arrogance.jpg (1067x1237, 273K)

A Destiny clone that managed to have less content and more grind than Destiny. An achievement only Bioware could accomplish.

EA rushed it out the door, because they are literally the worst people.

Also weird bugs like lower level gear being as effective if not better than high level.

Really it bummed me out it's shit since the javelins are pretty cool.

>EA rushed it out the door
Shit was a in pre-production since 2012, retards spent 5 years doing jackshit.

I mean, that's an opinion, yes.

This is one of the few times where EA deserves very little of the blame. Don’t get me wrong, they’re the ones who shoved Frostbite into Bioware’s open mouth, but everything else is on Bioware’s upper management being incompetent fucks on a game project which got scrapped and restarted multiple times over a 6 year period.

>2019
>still buying bioware

how many times do you have to get burned until you learn?

To be fair, that kinda was a thing in D2 up until Forsaken. A green shotgun had the highest range outside a quest exotic.

You can’t call it mere “opinion” when multiple Bioware employees were interviewed explicitly stating this was the case.

3 in a row.

Bioware is fine, everything is gonna be ok and bioware just need a small break.

Attached: Bioware is just going to live on a video game farm.jpg (1080x1651, 619K)

That not an opinion dumbass, thats a fucking fact.

Reddit argument

Attached: 1552717929669.jpg (110x125, 2K)

What the hell is this? A chocolate?

yes they made custom chocolate bars with the rating

well, it's not really, thanks for your input though.

>posting PC score

PS4 got it worse.

Attached: 2019-04-03.png (653x258, 61K)

>7 years

>rushed

for once EA aren't to blame here.

haha fucking retard we don't have opnions on Yea Forums :)

looks like you gave up user, how does it feel to spew literal shit out that mouth?

Nice try though

Don't pee your panta in protest, but read the Kotaku article. Frostbite being worthless for anything other than set match games, complete lack of leadership, internal arrogance (Bioware Edmonton repeatedly ignoring Bioware Austin's wisdom about online games), bosses who just want pretty games with cool flying.

no, they are, they made bioware use frostbyte, knew they had to restart multiple times and when things were finaolly doing well they refused to push back the launch date.

>lack of hype from the announcement due to boring aesthetic
>just another loot shooter with no innovation
>came out several years too late to catch the genre hype a la HotS
>bad engine
>crippling bugs despite years of development like low levels getting teleported into the final story mission

except they are to blame for forcing frostbite and then not helping bioware enough with their frostbite support team

I-I think it's trying to communicate.

DA;I, ME3, and ME:A

SEVEN. YEARS.

And it was the third game Frostbite-powered Bioware game.

If they were forced to use sand and water they should have been able to produce something more than they did. If you actually read the account of the employees, yes, they hated Frostbite, but it was years and years of continual indecision about what they were actually making that actually fucked the game over.

seven years isn't that long, that's 3 24 month dev cycles.

nah, Anthem is just the product of shareholders wanting to have game made solely for profit. Good games are made organically.

>Say game is going to be shit
>It actually is
Name one (1) better feeling

>say game is going to be good
>It actually is

>muh EA
Bioware made it and that is the sole reason it's shitty.

social justice, the answer is always social justice with Bioware

Attached: changing the face of coding.jpg (1400x814, 299K)

Your reddit format prose is really annoying.

Attached: 1553394973412.jpg (640x360, 57K)

>7 years
>Rushed
DMCV did better in 4 years (DMCV started in development in 2015 when Dante's VA casually said he's doing voice acting for vidya)

>be Bioware Austin
>brought in to salvage Edmonton's garbage fire of a development after they spent years pissing around only wanting to be "not Destiny"
>have 10 years of experience salvaging TORtanic into something decent, a treasure trove of knowledge on how to make a story driven multiplayer game
>get treated like subhuman workslaves and feedback ignored by the prima donnas in Edmonton
>laughed out of the room when they try to offer their experience actually running a multiplayer game as a service and point out basic flaws in game design because they're the "B-team"
>left to clean up Edmonton's semi-polished turd after launch while Edmonton leaves to work on Dragon Age 4 instead

Attached: na.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

good thats what they deserve for living in austin

How long till Bioware get close down by EA?

i find it strange that 6/10 is "bad"

to me, 6/10 is above mediocre, below unique.

anthem looks like shit to me though, would score less than 5 probably.

almost all of the chad stevens left bioware after mass effect 3 and looking at andromeda and anthem it shows.

6 is literally 1 in the modern world of critics

>Hey guys, our team has a lot of experience with MMO development, we know a ton of the common pitfalls with making an online multiplayer-focused game and can help out a lot with that.
>Haha, yeah okay, that's good for you. Is that code for the flying mechanics updated yet?

And who put the retards in charge of Bioware? Who enforced diversity quotas. Bioware like all dev teams are just a scapegoat. The lazze fair leadership is just a reflection of their corporate attitude. EA makes more money putting out 10 mediocre games than 1 very good game, and thats their entire philosophy

>Who enforced diversity quotas
bioware literally started this trend, not ea but bioware

If that were the case EA would have squashed it after Inquisition hardly breaking even and Andromeda flopping.

It is the case and it started way before andromeda lmao

If they're 62% cacao, that's kino

Yeah but Bioware had gotten lucky leeching of the vets