Rainbow Road ranking

SNES > GCN > Wii > 7 > DS > GBA > 8 > N64
Discuss

Attached: 800px-Mk8-DLC-Course-SNES_RainbowRoad.jpg (800x450, 71K)

SNES is a total meme, it's a bland track with no walls. 64 is great, especially with the shortcuts.

64 RR was horrible and I'd argue that it's the worst track of all time

Well, since Mario Kart 8 remade the SNES version better, that technically puts Mario Kart 8 on top.

What they did to the N64 Rainbow Road was a travesty though.

Wii>DS>GC>rest
they have yet to surpass the jank brilliance of wiiboad road

I like the idea of it, N64 Rainbow Road was way too easy with its guardrails and lack of obstacles, but I think 1 lap is too little, 2 laps would have been great
It kinda makes me sad that N64 Wario Stadium is guaranteed to return next game since I bet they'll make it 1 lap (2 laps would be very welcome in that case too though)

>Wii rainbow road
>Using the half pipes for trick boosts or items is a fucking RNG roll
>But it’s fun

IT'S CALLED A ROAD
IT'S CALLED A RAINBOW ROAD

64 is the greatest.

64 has great aesthetics but it's honestly a terrible race track
The giant shortcut jump is fun though

>SNES higher than anything

Attached: buffoon.png (235x467, 60K)

Mario Kart 8 is so much faster than I think playing the race with three laps would be fine. At least in 150cc or 200cc. Now, ideally, they shouldn't have put the track in at all. There's dozens of better tracks I can name like Peach Gardens or Shroom Hill or Waluigi Pinball. Plus, they already have two other Rainbow Roads in the game.

t. turnlet

Shroom Ridge is the only one of those that hasn't been used as a retro already
But I hope it comes back next game, it's probably my favorite car track (Mushroom Bridge is also good)

The MK8 version of SNESRoad is way too wide, and it's too easy to go around the Thwomps. The MK7 version is still the best one.

Attached: how to be a mega faggot.png (800x480, 538K)

OP here I mostly rated these on their custom MKWii CTGP versions lmao
Except DS and 8 aren't on CTGP so I rated those based on their original games
And 64 sucks so hard in 64 so I had to put it on the bottom no matter what

>The MK8 version of SNESRoad is way too wide
All the tracks in MK8 are wider. That's one of the major improvements the game had. Its fixing one of the many flaws Mario Kart Wii had. They added four more drivers, but didn't widen the tracks to accommodate them. So you had endless bumping. And in Mario Kart Wii, getting bumped dropped your momentum to almost nothing. Which was worse than getting hit by a fucking item.

Mario Kart 8 made tracks wider and gave you a boost from being bumped. It's an improvement all around.

SNES is pretty average as a retro course. All Snes retro tracks are really. In SMK though, it's a fucking super difficult, intense race. It's a lot narrower and smaller, makes it way better in that game.

>7 isn't at the top of any and every list

Attached: 1553656906177.gif (451x274, 1.16M)

Fuck you. 64 RR is fantastic, but MK8 64RR is AIDS.

The problem with making the tracks so wide is that falling off the track is trivial now. It's a lot easier to avoid the other racers and stay one the road, and the recovery time is quicker, too. In MK7 and SMK, getting knocked off the course was a much more prevalent threat, and it was a lot more punishing, too. It would have been better to just keep the tracks narrow and balance the game around 8 racers, since then there's an actual risk of falling off again.

>All Snes retro tracks are really.
I think Donut Plains is one of the best retro tracks in MK8. They took my most hated level in the SNES game and made it my favorite, because sliding mechanics in MK8 are butter.

Fuck you're right actually I forgot about that one, that's an exception. One of my favorite courses in the game. I was like 9th in time trials on that course for like 3 days.

this

you can't just make RR SNES bigger and keep it as hard.

i mean, tight turns, 90 degrees too, enough room for maybe 2 karts on some straightaways and most importantly, no fucking rails at all.

that makes all the others shit, gameplay wise.
i do hate that no other RR64 does the entire 3 laps, just 1 lap but cut into sections. its gay.

I enjoy SNES retros in general. Because course design in modern MK is much more complicated, sometimes it's nice to play a simple course.

?

???

Hard mode: include course remakes

based
wii rainbow road is sheer madness

I didn't like how they changed N64 RR at first but now I'm fine with it. Turning the Chain Chomp into a bouncing obstacle rather than a weird random thing that sort of passes you by once in a while was a good change, and removing the rails made it more challenging.

I don't like it.
>One lap instead of being a marathon that made it feel special
>No massive jump shortcut
>No characters in neon lights

>IT IS A ROAD THAT YOU GO
>WHEN YOU DIE

The first stretch on that course is the fucking worst. It's so easy to get knocked off by a heavy character.

SNES RR has best music

>GBA that low.
lemme guess, you are one of those brainlets that keeps falling off and is pissed off because of that.

me on heroin > GC > SNES > Wii > 7 > DS > GBA > 8 > N64

nah it's just not that special
I play on the custom Wii version and it's kinda cool to use the railing for tricks to gain speed and I like the shortcut, but other than that there's not much to it

>One lap
Yeah, I will say that I don't really like how much they shortened it. Should've been two laps at least.
>No massive jump shortcut
That was never intentional.
>No characters in neon lights
The fireworks are pretty similar but I can see why someone would prefer the neon.

...The point of that RR is to use the jumps and boost pads to just go as fast as possible, including skipping large areas of the track.
that's what makes it so fun to learn, it's at least 4th place

>That was never intentional.
Misakes into miracles.

I'll try it out again, I admit it's the one I have the least experience with

Phantom Road >>> All Rainbow Roads

This
Also 64 RR music is overrated as fuck

Nah 64 RR music is the best thing about that track