ESO is dea-

ESO is dea-

Attached: elder-scrolls-online.png (747x432, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/39210
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Been playing it for a few years now. Comfy as fuck

Lowish but healthy enough I guess. What are FFXIV's concurrent numbers?

I mean, I play on Steam and have never had problems, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people on PC at least play through Zenimax's launcher since it apparently gets better support.

quite literally half of eso's
steamcharts.com/app/39210

it's an ok game for retards

What kind of an idiot uses the steam numbers to give you an idea of how an MMO with it's own separate launcher is doing population wise?
It's literally always been the case that non-steam numbers are generally 3x-10x.

There’s hope Fallout 76 yet.

so you're playing it, right?

is it even a good game

It is now. It was shit at launch.

Combat is horribly dull which is sad because of how much freedom it apparently gives me, but considering the reason I've never played an Elder Scrolls game in the first place is because the combat looks like boring dogshit in literally all their games I guess I should not have been too excited. I got to the town with the daedra god guy and stopped playing. I want to try it some more but I can't see how the combat will get better with its hack and slash combat. Every MMO needs to have something similar to TERA/BDO combat.
Although the necromancer class definitely piqued my interest, but I'll have to see gameplay first.

I played the beta they did years ago and never really kept up. Anyone know if the PvP is any fun? I just watched a few videos on youtube and it looks interesting.

Yeah, it's launch was a mess but fuck is the PVP a blast

desu, unless you're playing PVP or like Veteran raids, all the combat is pretty much a cakewalk and boring.

The combat is great compared to other Elder Scrolls games. Having actual physical skills instead of just power attacks is a huge step up.

The first week playing this game is magical. You get dropped straight into Vvardenfell and you being the n'wah you are get right to stealing shit, going on quests and alch/crafting shit just like the real game. Then you take a look at the world map and you get your mind blown. Vvardenfell is only a tiny island compared to the rest of the world. You can literally visit every single place. Cyrodill and the White Tower from Oblivion. Mournhold from Morrowind's Tribunal expansion. Fucking Skyrim. It's all there.
You can actually make a good amount of money starting out since materials and recipes are always in demand. You can get a decent chunk of money selling stolen items to fences too. The whole game feels healthy, alive and a joy to explore.

Then week 2 settles in and it turns into a regular MMO. You realize that different areas all seem to have the same loot, only with differently themed recipes depending on the race that offer nothing but cosmetic differences. The real loot comes from dungeons that you enter through a dungeon finder like so many other MMOs.
Then a month later it becomes a chore. Do you daily Vet dungeons for keys. Open the chests with those keys to get some loot. Do your daily battlegrounds. Grind a little. Do some gathering route for money. All the magic and wonder from the start is gone. You no longer want to explore the regions because they don't contain anything worth visiting. You've already done the quests for the region, why come back? You could farm some materials there but your current route is the most efficient and it's a pain to teleport there.
All in all, I recommend you buy it on sale and take it easy playing it. It's easy to get lost in the world and will keep you entertained for at least a few weeks.

Sounds like its worth $10

Played the free weekend and bought it. Shit is pretty goddamn fun to play. Shame I'm trying to catch up on my backlog right now. Come Friday I can get in some more playtime. What class are ya?

Attached: 1529086061590.gif (270x138, 1.71M)

A couple months dated, there's been a major patch since then.

Attached: f2e25bb5.png (1229x1493, 115K)

I just started it but honestly it feels like a better TES game than Skyrim despite the MMO skeleton.

it's one of the best MMOs currently and I don't even play it. It's better written than the modern Elder Scrolls games, has better world building, actually some fantastic voice work, and you can do a lot in the game by yourself cuz fuck playing with other people.

dont be so lazy, user

Attached: firefox_2019-04-03_21-49-53.png (749x435, 153K)

>using steam for either eso or ffxiv

lol

>using Steam numbers
>when the vast majority of the playerbase uses the SE launcher, and a decent contingent are on PS4 as well
>in a game where the first piece of advice you'll find when googling it is to not buy it on Steam
Baka user, refer to the LuckyBancho numbers here

i play it solely for the lore and writing, it being the only game since morrowind to actually rival morrowind

Attached: alfiq.jpg (1920x943, 202K)

>not using Steam for ESO
It goes on a fucktillion Steam sales for like 80% off every time, there's no reason to believe the majority of its playerbase doesn't stem from there.

Can't you run the game through the launcher even if you bought it on Steam?

im playing rn, tons of fun quests

>mmos
>2019
Id rather rip my own balls off.

Why are ESOfags so insecure about FFXIV, of all things? You can never go into an ESO thread without seeing them screech how it's totally killing XIV believe me guize, when the two games are almost nothing alike. Why don't they compare it to some shit like Black Desert where the playerbases are roughly identical?

Attached: 1533586152574.jpg (214x298, 36K)

>Playing ESO
>Not playing the superior MMO

Attached: 382d605c99f50362699e48844da0aad1_620_KR.jpg (500x717, 62K)

literally no one has ever done that. i suggest you calm yourself and read the thread carefully

This

FFXIV almost never goes on sale. ESO is on sale all the fucking time

It's like GW2 but with Skyrim music and really obnoxious Bethesda monetization.
Matter of fact the very first thing they do after you purchase and load up the game is shame you for not buying more.

Like any post-WoW MMO it's fun in the beginning but then the expected loop sets in and it stops being interesting or feels like a second job just to maintain a certain level of play.
But I think most modern MMO makers realize people flow in and out of the same few MMOs. Yoshida even encourages you to sub a month or two, do content, then come back later. Though I would still criticize that since it basically means "We don't have good enough content to justify $15, please buy anyway". So game get designed around people coming and going with just enough tedium to keep the careless and dedicated paying.

Because it's a desperate grab for relevancy. They maintain a constant state of self-delusion to reassure themselves that they're somehow competing with the second biggest MMO on the market possibly first given the absolute state of WoW and half its playerbase disappearing from August 18 to October 18 as a B2P/F2P Skyrim clone with multiplayer.

How is this game even still alive? No real mods cause of the online and I remember people bashing the shit out of it at launch because of how bad everything was. So what changed?

the backlash was so great that most everything was scrapped and they got a few proper writers

the best part is when you go and see people talk about how ESO or FF14 has more players than WoW

>No monthly fee.
>Elder Scrolls aesthetics.
>"comfy"

Vigorous shilling at every E3 and a fuckmassive advertising budget that means they have primo space on YT and most game journo sites.

holy shit here ones already man you kids are hilarious

i assume that number is actually higher.

because everyone i play it with didnt buy it through steam at all

if we're not counting china numbers, absolutely

are you actually dumb enough to think this?

off hours btw

yeah your game is flourishing mate

Attached: 60356c161d6a8af1709be9cbb6981c9c.png (334x200, 115K)

i never understood the appeal of this shit desu. i tried it back in 2005 and played like 2 hours before going back to WoW.

i assume its just poorfags or something

Didn’t really enjoy it

The appeal for me was playing away from home. Eventually quit, mostly out of boredom.

Steam ESO has the nasty Habit of disconnect you out of nowhere, all because ZoS is too lazy to make Steam recognize the 64 bit client
the only way to fix this is using the Bethclient and buy the game again with your already existing ACC, hence why thre's more people using it.

tldr: all of ESO Steam problems can be averted if they put eso64.exe as the game's client

I play both

you should think about a career in marketing the way you wrap shit in gold

fucking todd wont give anymore catlootboxes for daily log in rewards , last one was fucking last October , fucking kike