Halo Steam Remake

Let's be real, this is as good as a remake gets. The people calling it soulless are memeing. This is perfect.

Attached: halo-anniversary-graphics-comparison.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3tSN3L5InQ#t=17m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=saQB2VhzVU4
youtube.com/watch?v=H1YRUcEKecg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whoa, it's really cool that they're doing this for the steam release. Can't wait to see 343 guilty spark!

I'm unclear, is this the remake that was on Xbox One?

Looks alright but the original is a lot more colorful, that blue tint on the remake is pretty unfortunate

>remake adds more Soul

name a more based company than 343

it is soulless, H2A was a better remake

I don't like their game design but they're very competent

It's the 360 remake, than then gets better framerate and resolution on the Xbone. Halo 2 also has a remake for the Xbone.

That's a little disappointing, I thought it was all ground up

Until you actually play Combat Evolved Anniversary. Halo 2 Anniversary campaign was much better. Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer was also handled much better compared to the Combat Evolved Anniversary maps for Reach.

Attached: HaloTier.png (930x844, 701K)

>Steam Remake
Isn't that just Halo Anni that came out in 2011?

Attached: 81JdOYPydDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1082x1500, 218K)

yes

Captain Keyes

Attached: CEA_Keyes1.png (944x576, 731K)

It used Reach units (which were army). Halo 2A looks nice, but I prefer in game cutscenes over blur.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

fucking cringe. i forgot how awful he looked in the remaster.

This Mark V looks strange

>putting odst aka reach lite in god tier
cringe

>Reach worse than 5
>Halo 2 only at mid tier
>Halo CE at god tier
shit list

>dissappinting
Why the fuck would you wamt them to remake them from the ground up.

You might just win worst opinions on v if you keep this up

if you are the artist of this i hope you do lewds. and also link me to said lewds

I commissioned it from Rube a couple of weeks ago. Just look up Vien 'Quitonm.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.05M)

No epic no buy.
JK I will pirate anyway.

Attached: 1554343351160.jpg (736x592, 42K)

looks like something a halo fanboy would love

>the company that raped the series to death
>based

Sometimes, the art fits, but more often than not, it looks like one of those classic games that get student-project-tier fan remakes in UE4.

That's okay, though, because you can literally switch at any time with the push of a button, which is pretty based imo

honestly the majority of the ce remake is fine. but the flood introduction is kinda unforgivable desu

Attached: f24925440.jpg (500x697, 122K)

>yfw you don't get the first insider flight for halo reach

Attached: 1328574241287.gif (300x209, 1.71M)

>Reach on the same tier as Spartan Assault
You doddering buffoon. You drooling troglodyte. You god damn retard. I hate that I can't reach through this screen and pull your heart out through your gaping asshole.

Attached: 1511761583102.jpg (702x702, 154K)

>tfw you have played halo so fucking much you have been in every single beta including halo 2 and they instantly send you invites for everything the moment its ready

NEET life has its privileges

>Halo 5 fucking mid tier
>Halo 4 not in shit tier
>Reach that low
I get it's bait but apply yourself

Multiplayer:
2>3>5>CE>Reach>4

Campaigns:
CE>Reach>2>3>4>5

ODST is only good for the ost

Typical 343 appealing to their demographic

>right hand

deepest lore

dem lips

Look at master chief's new model for 5 seconds. That is what soulless means.
>he looks kinda fucked up, shouldn't we fix it? I don't really know how chief is supposed to look like
>it looks good enough
This is what is meant by soulless. Many remasters settle with "it looks good enough, we don't have the knowledge as to how it should look since we're just contractors"

Halo 1 remake looks like actual shit. Halo 2 remake is much better

>lighting that rapes and destroys the original artistic direction of the levsls
>models ripped directly from H3 and Reach, some aren't even rigged properly
>janky mocap cutscenes that are Foodfight levels of bad
>didn't include original multiplayer, just a tweaked Reach to make it "feel" like CE (it didn't)
>""""soul""""
At least H2A fixed this.

The Anniversary Mark V appearance didn't bug me much, apart from the shadow-less visor really sticking out. What they really fucked up was his animation in the cutscenes. It was like the animators thought oh shit he doesn't have a face to look at so we should have him constantly gesturing around and tilting/nodding his head. Sure the classic Halo 1 chief moved like a robot because of shittier animators/old tech most of the time in cutscenes but that actually worked with the lore of his character. It made the rare moments where he did show emotion more powerful, like when he picks up Jenkins's helmet and shakes his head at it:
youtube.com/watch?v=S3tSN3L5InQ#t=17m45s

Attached: mkVredesign.png (1800x1505, 1.33M)

>What makes this soulless?
>Just look at it dude

Attached: Soul_0.png (1000x750, 554K)

this

>rapes and destroys
>janky
>bad
>didn't include original
So you can't name a single objective quality okay thank you for playing

Attached: ckPu0hL.jpg (320x320, 17K)

>ODST
>God tier
>A fucking 3 hour expansion pack with the same multiplayer as Halo 3, sold at full price, is somehow on a higher level than the game it’s based on.
How many layers of shit taste you on?

Attached: F39558D0-A3B7-46BF-BE31-711CA77C9CE9.gif (290x189, 1.24M)

>Multiplayer
>Reach

CEA is pure garbage
2A is a fantastic remake

You're pretty spot on with the MP but it blows my mind how you rate Reach's campaign that high. It was nothing but reused levels, forced firefight sections, large completely empty areas that gave you nothing for exploring (mainly the city levels) and characters you had almost no connection to besides your own.

Replaying Reach made me realise how much people attached to it because of "dude emile is so cool" and "rip jorge :("

H2A is very good, CE is super underwhelming because it got basically no assets made for it, just Reach stuff slapped on. Marines should have been pic related permutations instead of the tan backpack wearing no leg armor ones we got. Elites should have all used the Minor armor model in different colors(what H2A did) instead of ugly as fuck Reach permutations for officers. Weapons should have gotten models instead of just slapping incorrect Reach weapon in the game(The M90 shotgun instead of M45, MA5B instead of MA5C, correct magnum instead of the H3 one, ect)

Attached: halocemarines.png (632x624, 783K)

yall ever do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=saQB2VhzVU4

Yeah just they use elites from reach but when they're infected with the flood they're suddenly the the halo 3 ones also the infected marines are from halo 3 too.

Its hard to tell if they used motion capture for the anniversary cut-scenes. If they did, it does explain the odd movements, they are trying to sync it with the classic movements.

Any videos that shows anniversary graphics but using classic animations?

Is there any way to get a legit copy of Halo PC easily?

Hopefully we can mod in the correct models.

No. Weird because I remember freaking the fuck out over complete bs rumors that Halo 2 might have flyable Pelicans in multiplayer. Mostly loved the idea because I liked flying the black hawk uh-60 in Operation Flashpoint around that time, dropping squads off, getting good angles for the door gunners, and doing the occasional strafing run with unguided rockets. Of course now I don't think flyable Pelicans could ever work in Halo multiplayer but maybe something will come about with the pc mods.

Speaking of pelicans: Dropship V933.
youtube.com/watch?v=H1YRUcEKecg

I liked the Falcon in Reach but I always wished it could carry passengers instead of just the two gunners