"Why not add an easy mode to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice instead of gatekeeping? It won't impact your experience at all."

>"Why not add an easy mode to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice instead of gatekeeping? It won't impact your experience at all."
Because fuck normalfags and casuals.
Any questions?

Attached: Robert.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI&t=3s
youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI
disabled-world.com/definitions/quadriplegia.php
frontlinejp.net/2019/04/03/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-2-2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based

Even disabled gamers can cheat in single player, offline games. I don't see it as an issue that needs to be resolved by the developers.

I have a question

Attached: 38953E58-FB4B-4299-BCAF-97C99C42B931.jpg (500x366, 46K)

no patrick sekiro is not a souls game

Shut up

Virtue signalling

An easy mode just to let the bads progress through the game without much effort doesn't even make sense now that you can just go watch a playthrough of any game on Yt.

1/5

based

>from has a rep for making hard or mechanically complex games
>one of their games finally gets huge mainstream recognition
>suddenly casuals are whining to be catered to
I'm thinking fuck normies

Attached: 1534667364130.png (480x465, 218K)

Forgot Image

Attached: 1.jpg (594x960, 63K)

>no Portugal souls

Attached: efe.png (261x206, 78K)

Why doesn't FROM just cash in on this and officially release a tweet of "FUCK NORMIES AND FUCK CASUALS"?
It would forever cement their adoring fanbase

2/5

Attached: 2.jpg (613x960, 41K)

3/5

Attached: 3.jpg (707x960, 53K)

Keep going...

AHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S NOT A FUCKING SOULS GAME FROM SOFTWARE DOESN'T ONLY MAKE SOULS GAMES THEY MADE OTHER GAMES BEFORE THE SOULS SERIES

4/5

Attached: 4.jpg (960x936, 57K)

Most games would legitimately be better if they had "easy mode" things like infinite health cheats and so on. I really like playing for the challenge and then afterwards going back and enjoying the environment, looking for out-of-bounds tricks, or even just enjoying the unique soundtrack that plays there, and it's a pain to do that while getting avoiding stunlock chains in the arena that you can only enter during a bossfight. People bitching about how letting games have "easy mode" things being worse are stupid. It literally doesn't affect people who don't use it. Even if you DID git gud it's still nice to have. I spent hours dicking around in games I knew like the back of my hand by enabling things like infinite ammo and health and just goofing off.

also Sekiro has been great so far, I wish they had a boss-rush/training mode so I could just replay the boss fights again as many times as I like after I'm done. The trick to beating them is to realize that you have to play slower, not faster. The game itself lets you play really fast, and it's much more fast and fluid than previous FS games, so it's almost counter intuitive that the trick to beating every counter is to play slower.

Attached: 1328367094607.jpg (524x481, 47K)

Because gatekeeping is unironically good and it should always exist (and it doea) in every medium.

p smart guy, there's really no reason in forcing yourself to play a game that's not for you. Good for him.

5/5

Attached: 5.jpg (1080x793, 71K)

Yes, what is your question?

>censored

youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Attached: 1271544812097.gif (293x295, 5K)

I didn't do it

Also it would've been smart if he just kept it on 4/5 and not lash out at From in 5/5

If fromsoft doesn't want to add an easy mode they don't have to. Why are gamers so entitled?

They only want an easy mode so you can't tell them they can't beat it, they don't care about the story or even the gameplay, they only care that you get joy out of being better at the game than them and want to stop you from doing that.
They only care because its exclusive, if the game was just some hidden gem only a few people played they wouldn't feel the need to be part of the experience.

Most of their games aren't actually complex, Sekiro is definitely their most mechanically complex game so far, if only for the fact that things like movement cancels are an actual game mechanic. And they're only hard in that they require you to be patient and consistent. You could always win by turtling, and the games even encouraged it (and led the widespread rolling memes). They turned that around by adding the Posture bar in Sekiro though.

>that entitlement

Is the Armored Warrior supposed to be hard? I got him second try and dont have an excuse for not beating him my first time. Every attack in this game save Perilous are handled the same way: deflection.

>videogames need to be hard

>"why"

>because I like belonging to a group of people that all play the same thing on the same difficulty and I like to comfortably look down on people who don't/can't count themselves among this group because it makes me feel better about my personal identity; without enforced difficulty, other people might enjoy something that was once gated behind barriers only surmountable by me. Now that they can, my sense of personal achievement is less significant because it's reliant on other people

yeah, that's a pretty lame line of reasoning

Attached: vapebro.png (640x640, 678K)

>tfw a normie friend also uploaded a pic of the case captioned “new baby has not uploaded anything related since
is there a biggest red flag than uploading your game purchase to social media that you are only doing it for cred?

Attached: 1554067617868.jpg (317x265, 20K)

Do you always make that face when sucking cocks?

embarrassing post

Attached: just kill yourself.png (786x382, 292K)

Here's your easy mode. Every popular game has one.

Attached: Trainer.jpg (556x539, 245K)

I don't know armored core is pretty hard to penetrate for a casual, and while not everything they make is complex per se, its often difficult, like the otogi games or kings field series, especially shadow tower

i'm a gamer hear me roar

I used cheat engine to unlock the rest of the skill trees after I beat the game and realized how slow xp gain has become in NG+.

underrated

cringe

i'm a gamer hear me cccccrrrrrringe

Sekiro should have a difficulty setting though. Dealing with nightjars and other mooks in NG+ is tedious and annoying instead of fun, and you have to deal with them constantly to get to the bosses. If you could change the difficulty then you could turn it down during the mook fights (especially in NG+ where they deal more damage and have higher health but you've already learned everything you can from their movesets) and turn it back up for fun during the boss fights.

Legitimate reason to extract the most fun you can out of a game. Grinding for dozens if not hundreds of hours just to look at a different animation every now and then is unreasonable.

Yeah, this is true. The major reason people who talk about keeping hard games hard for everyone is almost always the same.

the same can be said for easy games. Game sholdn't have to be hard or easy. It can be made to be easy, hard or both. Just because someone made a hard game doesn't mean it NEEDS an easy mode. Either you put time and effort into the game to get good or you don't and complain about it on twitter or on chinese basket weaving forums

Sekiro is not a movie game. Making it "Easy" would completely take any satisfaction out of the game mechanics, which rely on high risk vs reward gameplay. Relegating the game to a simple tour of the content would make the game feel very unfulfilling and create a lackluster experience for the player.

6/5
Wait just checked again and he got back in to it.

Attached: SECRET 6.jpg (634x898, 116K)

I have a question, why do you care?

>Why not add a no scare edit to Horror films instead of gatekeeping? It won't impact your experience at all.

It does have a difficulty setting. Default is easy mode, normal mode is ringing the bell and giving away your charm.

Attached: smugdog.jpg (640x640, 110K)

This game is not hard....
One of the reasons I prefer Sekiro to Nioh is because Sekiro is easier.

Is that the first general you encounter?

Sekiro isn't a high-risk high-reward game. The only risk is in the boss fights, and every boss has a specific pattern you learn and exploit. The main thing that fucks you over in those is being greedy and not following the pattern, which is high-risk and low-reward. You learn the pattern, deal damage when possible to reduce posture and deal deathblows. It's not a gambling game or something.

>It won't impact your experience at all.
Because the entire game is completely reliant on its difficulty to the point that removing it would leave you with an extremely shallow and limited game.

>ringing the bell
>mattering at all
It does fucking nothing. Just go to a higher NG cycle if you want dumb shit like a damage increase.

Sekiro shouldn't have an easy mode added because it was never designed with an easy mode in mind. Respect the developer's vision.

I just beat the game today.
Honestly this game should have a easier mode for those that want/needs it.

If you don't have good reflexes, you're fucked.

>just a miniboss

Attached: 1350723370051.jpg (524x451, 55K)

>You could turn it down during mook fights and turn it back up for fun during boss fights.
>"You can turn it up for mook fights though."
why respond if you just want to misread, user?

The developer's vision is retarded and deserves no respect.

Yeah it's the first general but hey, atleast he feels accomplished.

your opinion is retarded and deserves no respect.

I was neutral on it, but hope it happens now to see people like op cry and piss themselves and just in general have more embarrassing tantrums.

Attached: YOURE IN ONE.gif (500x346, 132K)

It's not, but it is difficult to get over the initial hump of realizing you have to fight slowly instead of quickly, and the game does nothing to reveal this to you. So a lot of people have struggled with that.

>strawmanning this hard

Reflexes are no excuse as I have a disability and I was still able to beat the game.

Gamer entitlement is on an entire different level than some of the entitlement I've witnessed throughout my life.

Why do people think this argument makes sense? If they added a toggle that made every enemy an instant kill when you touched them then all of a sudden it's (literally) designed this way and it must be unchangeable.

>what is a false equivalence

Women are so insanely high up on this scale you can't even recognize it.

I feel the game isn't very hard overall, but it does have an absolutely awful learning curve.

The game doesn't force you to adjust to parrying and general combat flow and aggression until you reach Genichiro, and at that point many people would have quit since the early parts of the game didn't teach them jack fucking shit about the combat except the basics.

Hanbei the Undying is a really cool concept, but he has extremely clear tells and dies way too quickly in order for players to get used to the actual mechanics he tries to teach you.

Developers are never under ANY obligation to cater to ANYONE; however.
>Two pieces of code; decrease enemy health and increase player heath
>Bam, baked-in easy mode for the casuals.
>Label easy mode "Not the difficulty the developers intended."
>Label hard mode "The difficulty the developers intended."

Simple. Easy. No development time wasted on accounting for players on easy-mode because none is necessary. No vision compromised.

That's the point people begging for easy modes are missing. That sense of joy from overcoming adversity. I had no idea what the bell demon does and somehow missed that you could ring the charm to disable it. I went through the whole game with it on. I spent a lot of time raging at bosses and areas until I got good and was overcome with EA's patented sense of pride accomplishment upon beating them. I died to Hatred demon probably dozens of times. But I grinded my teeth and pulled through.

That's what these games provide. If it's not for you, so be it. Not everything has to or will cater to your nuanced likings.

Nioh is only hard if you have a trash build
Lategame is all about that cheese

Yea Forums won't like hearing this, but gamers have the same general problem as furfags.
Some normal people, but also a massive population of retards and assholes shitting it up because it's something people can do when they have no friends or are too socially fucked for people irl to put up with them.

That's why you tsunamis of cringe shit flowing out of furry/gaming events.

A developer should never NEED to add an easy mode to their game. A developer can make whatever the goddamn fuck they want.

That's what makes the brand. Trusting that the developer will balance the game to make it challenging and rewarding is something that From has nurtured for years. If they were the type of company that intentionally gave you almost impossible challenges or unreasonably difficult to complete objectives then they wouldn't have succeeded as a studio. All of their games are designed to be beaten, but they're also crafted in a way that they can't be beaten by accident or only determination. If you don't have skill then you need to learn and develop that skill. That's part of the appeal because it builds up the exultation of success. Every failure makes the win feel better because the win is clearly within your grasp; you just need to git gud.

its not so its literally wasn't designed your gay way

it already is the easiest game in the series

you LITERALLY CAN NOT DIE if you spam L1 and there is no red symbol attack.

literally. impossible to die.

Prove me wrong

That's why people are asking about it.

Yea Forums acts like a law is being passed through congress to outlaw games being hard.

Reddit tier upvote

>be drooling moron with an IQ of 3
>still finish Sekiro and have fun
people just need to get over the fact that you can't beat everything first try or even in one sitting
take a break, think it over, calm down and learn the patterns. You don't even need to get that good mechanically. Jamming the deflect button gets reasonable results

actually we are playing the easy mode first and when we give up the amulet, the real game begins.

>"Why doesn't this movie have a happy ending? They should have released a cut where the hero doesn't die. It wouldn't impact you in any way, you can just select the sad ending if you're such a fan of depressing movies."

Attached: 1553789653285.jpg (678x772, 55K)

I'm not inherently against the idea of adding an easy mode to certain games. But, let's be real here, these journalists don't want an easy mode to make games more accessible. They want an easy mode because they absolutely hate playing video games, so they just want to cruise through the game with no bumps.

>it already is the easiest game in the series
>you LITERALLY CAN NOT DIE if you spam L1 and there is no red symbol attack.
>literally. impossible to die.
>run out of posture
>die
>does a sweep
>die
>does a grab
>die
Great tip

>If they were the type of company that intentionally gave you almost impossible challenges or unreasonably difficult to complete objectives then they wouldn't have succeeded as a studio
That's their entire business model, are you retarded? That's not a bad thing, but is pretty blatantly what they do.

Plenty of other games do the same shit and do fine, look at fucking touhou.

Prove yourself right

I'm sorry you don't get laid user, but that isn't the reason why. I know it's easier to blame other people than be introspective though.

This is where we have a difference of opinion. You believe the things From does in their games are "almost impossible challenges" or "unreasonably difficult" I do not. I find them to be adequately balanced in favor of ensuring players understand the mechanics in order to beat the games.

It doesn't need an easy mode because it's balanced so that anyone can beat it.

You realize this just reinforces what I just stated. According to your own admission women are entitled to be the singular arbiter of who has sex and who does not. And like I just said you view this as the way it should be instead of recognizing it for what it is; entitlement.

> changing two lines of code in an interactive artistic medium is the same as doing additional shooting in a non-interactive artistic medium
>what is a false equivalence

IT'S NOT. FUCKING. FUN.

I'M NOT GOING TO AUTISTICALLY MEMORIZE EVERY COMBINATION OF BUTTON PRESSES TO PLAY YOUR SHITTY, REPETITIVE, BORING, TRASH GAME.

FUCK OFF.

I said, if there is no red attack. sweep or grab is telegraphed.

no other fromsoft game allows a faultless defense otherwise.

7/5
Boys. I think he finally understands the appeal.

Attached: 7.jpg (630x817, 87K)

They should add an easy mode but it's only unlocked once you beat the game

Attached: kek.jpg (199x199, 15K)

You don't need additional shooting. Just cut out the scene where the hero dies and every mention of the hero dying.

>8 years since darks souls
>10 since demons
>still wont get good

whew

based

el em ay oh

user, do you know what the word "nepotism" means?

Every single western game dev hates the idea of video games being fun. They want to band together to change video games from being fun challenging games into pretentious art. Again, I have no problem with easy mode in games. But let's be real here, these people want to turn EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME into a movie.

Attached: 1531855280039.png (1920x966, 641K)

In a way doesn't it make the game easier? I can focus on the action instead of gritting my teeth over a trash build I made up just because I refuse to look up any guide.

OK I'll make the easy mode. you get 1% more health and do 1% more damage. there's your easy mode I hope you're happy

>It's not easy enough
watch a playthrough on youtube

Hollywood is too hard to get your foot in the door? Just make a movie with button prompts. Works for Kojima.

Would he have been this satisfied if he switched to an easy mode? Checkmare athiests.

the Japanese do pretentious art games better than the West anyway because some of their pretentious games are at least fun.

keep up dude! wish u luck

As an option? Go for it. The idea of having different endings for the same movie all released randomly at once sounds interesting though

shut up raj

At least Japanese art games are saying something that isn't just "YAAAS QUEEN SLAY NIGGERS ARE PEOPLE #METOO I STAND WITH ISLAM"

Is it autism?

That's not how it works but ok. A video game is the artistic vision of the Development team just like a film is the artistic vision of the Director and Producers. Both are designed to be experienced in certain ways based off of their intended vision and they will be judged so. From does not need to alter their game so it can be experienced by a different audience who will not adhere to the rules of the genre just like Ridley Scott doesn't need edit the Xenomorph out of Alien just for the people who don't like horror. Now if they choose to do so then fine, that's their decision. But need to? No.

I wouldn't play the easy mode, but I'm not autistically gatekeeping. Having a mode I won't use where values are doubled doesn't affect me at all. It might make more people buy the game, which is a good thing

Fucking hell this shit is dumb. The game has no modes, they have NEVER had any modes why would they suddenly add a 'easy' mode

Game already has an easy mode. It's called, realising that all you need to do is spam block.

Attached: 20190404023336_1.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

>yes, but if it was that way then it would be badly designed and I wouldn't respect it!
restating the point aggressively isn't disagreement.

>why don't developers just ship their game with trainers

You proved your point

Wait, you don't understand the burden of proof do you? The absolute retard. Still using the false equivalence of film and video games though. And as for the easy mode, I don't care if they add it, it'd be cool if they did, if they didn't that'd be fine. The fact people get so butthurt over the hypothetical easy mode is ridiculous

>when you finally overcome the Souls muscle memory and learn to be as aggressive as the devs wanted you to be in Sekiro

feels good man

Attached: 27D6600F-8367-4C7A-8CDE-96CDDA3216C7.jpg (466x599, 54K)

thats why the intended way to be played is no charm, yes bell demon

I agree, especially since they already do this to make the game harder (demon bell and NG+). I can't imagine being mad about having an option in the opposite direction.

easy mode is in

Attached: easy mode.png (656x527, 241K)

>miyazaki gives you a free instant parry with huge window
>soulsfags continue to poke and roll until they get killed by tracking

once i saw how generous the deflect window was thats all i fucking did, i dont think i dodged until i absolutely had to like at the ogre or demon of hatred.

the redemption arc begins

>devs literally have you kill a turtling souls-esque knight as a miniboss

Attached: 1440046459310.gif (303x277, 1.77M)

>"It won't impact your experience at all."

Maybe not but it would impact yours, sekiro falls apart when it doesnt challenge you. When the game is easy its not fun at all. The whole point is the challenge you face and overcoming it. without it there is pretty much no game.

I understood all of Sekiro’s systems, but my Souls muscle memory was brutal for that

How would it impact mine since I wouldn't be using it?

>I don't have to argue if I take your position to the absolute extreme

>miyazaki gives you a free instant parry with huge window
What? I can't tell if you're talking about deflects or mirikiri counters here.

Until more and more casuals play the games, demand more concessions, and easy mode becomes just as much of a priority as hard mode. Also, most people take the path of least resistance and miss out on a fundamental aspect of FROM software games, which is "getting good". People then recognize them for the otherwise shallow games they are and the series dies. If people play there first FROM game, start getting rekt, and just switch to easy mode; that ruins the experience for them. Adding an easy mode would devalue FROM's product.

the game is defaulted to easy mode, no Kuro’s charm is normal and no charm and bell demon is hard mode

see

they are better because Nips put plenty of waifu material inside their games
western devs quite opposite
its like they not only hate fun but also hate selling their games

Let me try that method actually
>if you ask for an easy mode, you are literally raping the developers in front of the fanbase

talking about both really

Im talking to the theoretical person who wants an easy mode here, not you you

You can still "git gud" in a game with difficulty modes by literally just changing difficulty modes as you improve. The hardest part of Sekiro ends when you beat Blazing Bull and unlock the castle, by that point you've gotten over the initial hump and understand the game's systems. That's why there are dozens and dozens of guides on how to beat the ogre and the bull but maybe a handful on how to beat Genichiro. I don't care for changing the difficulty, but I know that letting people play it on an easier one makes it easier to get over that hump and get into the meat of the game where they will actually be having fun.

i agree with this guy?

Attached: 1530434158557.jpg (360x899, 74K)

>You can still "git gud" in a game with difficulty modes
This is at the very core incorrect. It could at most be called gitting okay.

You shut up faggot

Could you explain to Steve, a disabled gamer from Able Gamers, why he shouldn’t be allowed to play Sekiro to “preserve your challenging experience”, without swearing or turning to ad hominem?

Attached: 74650DA6-7FCF-47FA-8D2D-738D2F49C753.jpg (1296x933, 764K)

Ah yes the old moronic ass slippery slope argument.

But you're the one saying that you stupid incel. He just told you to look inward for the reason you can't get laid instead of blaming women.

the point is that difficulty isn't disconnected from the game design. Depending on the vision of developers difficulty can be part of the experience. There is no way you can reinforce an oppressive dreadful atmosphere if the thing people are supposed to be afraid of is just going to lie down and accept defeat.

the devs literally said "we believe that people like playing difficult games so we want to provide that kind of game for them to play"
youre asking the devs to undermine their integrity as game designers to suit the needs of retards
and by retards i mean the scientific meaning, which is "to reduce the effectiveness of something"
but also those who are mentally challenged

>FromSoft: Who here wants an easy mode?
>All the journos raise their hands
>FromSoft: Gotcha we don't need to fuck around with that shit
Remember journos aren't paying customers, their word means less since they get the game for free.

If a person is unskilled enough that easy is as hard to them as regular is to one of us then it's literally no impact at all, they're getting the same experience but now it's actually playable.

Then when they get better they just get to experience improving again when they change difficulty settings to make it harder again.

>WAHHH I JUST WANT MOVIES WITH BUTTON PROMPTS

DIElate tranny

Attached: KEEEEK.png (545x437, 318K)

sekiro would be better with chip on non-perfect parries, and a better dodge.

L1 is far too good for what it does.

weird, you accidentally forgot to finish reading the sentence there user

yea we should make rts games play themselves too since i suck at those

It can be an easier mode without being a walk in the park, especially for those that are selecting said easy mode

not an argument

And the point I'm making is still not being addressed. He took issue with the idea that women are entitled, and you just like him are insisting that in order to mitigate their entitlement I must therefore improve myself to reach their standards so that their entitlement is no longer a concern. This reinforces what I stated. I also don't have issues convincing my girlfriend to fuck me but it's not as though you would even believe that in the first place. In the end it doesn't change how women are extremely entitled and pathetic sadsacks like you perpetuate it by pretending it's not true.

The same game still exists though. There's literally nothing stopping you from playing the game on its hardest difficulty with no charm and the demon bell rung if there's a different mode for others who want it.

>one of their games finally gets huge mainstream recognition
>dark souls didn't have huge mainstream recognition
Dumbass

Don't most RTS games have difficulty modes

I don't understand the mindset behind people who buy single player action games to play through as quickly as possible and never again after beating it once. These types of games are meant to be played and practiced if not mastered, why you would want an easy mode makes far less sense than why you'd ever choose to buy the game in the first place if you didn't want to actually play it.

This is funny. Do they realize that if they add an easy mode that the community will shit on them for beating it on easy?

Video games need to be hard because I like challenge and they need to not be easy because the kind of community easy games cultivate is revoltingly moronic, lazy, slovenly, hedonistic, and left-wing.

youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI&t=3s

THIS IS WHY WE NEED EASY MODE

they wouldn't be getting good, they would be beating easy mode. I am incredibly thankful that I couldn't turn to easy mode when I almost got casual filtered by Father G in Bloodborne. Would have totally ruined the experience.

Also, fuck entitled pussies who think everything should be handed to them on a platter.

If FROM hypotethically agreed with adding an easy mode, which changes it would have?

>the community
it's a single player game, unless you decide to shitpost on reddit or something there's no "Sekiro Community"

I read all of it. I pointed out the extreme contradiction you made because it undermines everything else you say and renders it irrelevant. You need to be more consistent. You're misrepresenting what git gud means if you think it can be accomplished by lowering the difficulty. That's not good enough. It might be entertaining to you, but you can't legitimately claim you got gud if you needed to put on the training wheels. Seeing the credits doesn't mean you earned the credits.

This game is already piss easy. You die once to a boss, learn it's pattern. Rinse repeat for beast enemies you just run around like an autist and whittle them.

For isshin you just stop playing.

Playing faster is better tho? Fucking retard

youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI

Attached: 1484928493021.jpg (460x463, 65K)

Difficulty is relative and the most obvious way to gauge difficulty is measuring how many people can't versus how many people can. It is not only important that I succeed, others must fail to give my success weight. No success is satisfying if it is freely given.

They will still find a way to complain. Besides, they still need to rebalance the game for a true easy mode.

The people who want easy mode have literally never experienced trial and error in their lives. If they spent half the time playing the game as they did bitching, they would have beaten it by now.

>put in endless amounts of work to make the best game possible
>then be expected to be a lazy cunt afterwards, ruining all the good will you have with your customer base.
Yeah, that's a GREAT idea. What could possibly go wrong?

user, the thing is, Sekiro already HAS difficulty modes. And you haven't played it on the hardest one yet unless you've beaten the game seven times, rung the Demon Bell, and handed in Kuro's Charm. So why not allow a difficulty mode in the other direction?

Just have an easy mode your “traditional mode” or “classic mode” will still be there, many games offer different difficulty settings and say ‘this is the intended difficulty setting’ beneath the one the devs choose.

Because fuck casuals and fuck normalfags.

OK why shouldn't this game have an easy mode
I'm open to the idea but I can be convinced by either side

>It can be an easier mode without being a walk in the park

That's entirely subjective. The difficulty either distinguishes itself by being noticeably easier or it doesn't and the example you're providing is of a difficulty that is just easy enough to let the people that complain get through the game but not easy enough to not challenge them. That's a goal you can't meet because each person's individual skill is going to change how much easier the difficulty needs to be in order to allow them to get through the game while still being challenging. That's why you don't design difficulties in games like these around the player's base skill, you assume that they're going to improve and rise to the skill-level required to beat the game.

The game does have easy mode.

lel getting dragonrot, what a shitter, he should get good. Btw, he’s not quadriplegic if he managed to move his arms like he did in the opening segments of the video

Based quadriplegic

Probably the same ones they have for hard mode, it just changes posture/vitality damage.

good bait, but mad cause bad.

Attached: marco tux.png (500x500, 259K)

Doesn't sound like you're a moron, sir

I know you're being a fuck head but that's actually a good idea.
>Play the game legit
>as a reward you can now freely explore the world and really listen to the music and sounds while plowing through enemies like they're made of sand so you can fuck around and try to get OOB or all kinds of other shit

At the end of the day, Miyazaki didnt put in an easy mode. So theres no easy mode

The artists vision is the only thing that matters. If they dont want there to be an easy mode there shouldnt be an easy mode, thats it.

Appealing to everyone is gay and stupid and ultimately hampers the experience, especially in the case of a notoriously hard game like sekiro. Simply being able to progress through the game at all is a feat for games like these, therefore by making it easy, more accessible, and a breeze to beat, you remove the appeal of the game in the first place and any sense of accomplishment one would derive from playing it. Sucks he’s disabled but life’s a bitch.

Attached: D361450B-FBBE-48CA-9165-AA38E64BCAF3.jpg (640x456, 34K)

this is the smartest comment I've seen about playing sekiro
thanks user

U answered yourself, the game already have an easy mode and its called first playthrough.

>you don't get better at the game by increasing difficulty levels over time and play and that's why I didn't need to read the rest of your post
interesting, okay dude, have a good one.

Because people can cheat if they want to. It robs people of the satisfaction of beating the game if people who are worse at the game brag about the exact same thing for playing on easy mode.

First run through is easy mode, it only gets harder after that. :^)

Turn in your charm, the actual non-block deflect window is exactly the same as the souls games.

Its not a narrative game why do they fucking care so much

this is the actual game though. By finishing the game you have all of the health bonuses and all of the cool skills and you know all the patterns so going through it again means you are just fucking crushing everything. I killed genichiro without getting touched once in my 2nd playthrough

Do you actually know what you're talking about? Or are you just wailing away at your keyboard to oppose someone because you think it makes you look cool?
>false equivalence
No, it's not. If I just said "video games are just like movies because they're also art" would be a false equivalence.
>burden of proof
Which would rest on me if I was the one responding. But it's not, that was you. You're the one who made an assertion against my claim. Shit rests on you. I can say the dumbest shit out there, but the burden of proof lies on the person who steps up and asserts that I'm wrong.

easy mode could be comparably challenging to him, considering his disability, so the goal of the experience would be intact

If you just boost their health a lot, they now have more room to make mistakes and learn from them, I think that'd be the perfect easy mode for souls games

One of the problems a lot of players have with Sekiro and it's skill curve is they can't differentiate between blocks and deflects, this ironically affects a lot of people who think they're actually good at a hard game when actually they spent an hour whittling down a boss that only took 3 deflects with a deathblow.

Overhead attacks from corrupted and true corrupted monk have no danger symbol and can't be parried. There are probably others like Isshin's dragon slash.

You're operating under the assumption that this is what people would do when realistically nobody does it. They put on easy mode and they never take it off easy mode once. The people looking for a challenge don't start on easy. They start on hard. I told you I read every word of your post. I didn't ignore it. I dismissed it because you're basing it on an idea that is faulty at the foundation. You need to address this fault if you want to continue talking about this with me. You don't get to sideskirt it and pretend like I'm disengaging from you as grounds to pretend like you won this argument. You need to stay on topic and stay focused if you want to convince me of anything. You can definitely change my mind with logical and rational thinking. That's what I respond to. That's your best chance for success. I apologize that there's no easy mode for winning this argument.

Attached: 1340808315874.jpg (393x450, 32K)

People who play easy games are just looking for escapism and are pathetic. They want to larp as a badass samurai instead of enjoying mechanics and trial and error. Really a microcosm of modern day society. The industrial revolution was a mistake. We need a war or famine or something to cull the weak from society.

souls has an easy mode

Attached: Summon_signs.0.jpg (1920x1080, 543K)

>It might make more people buy the game, which is a good thing
This is how good games get turned into streamlined, simplified normcore lowest common denominator widest possible audience trash heaps

Because going into a movie with its themes explained to you before hands only hinders your experience.

Games should require you to become proficient.

Humans should accept their limitations and move on.

>Difficulty isn't disconnected from game design
Misleading statement. Developers do develop games with their difficulty and accessibility in mind, however adding an easily coded lower difficulty mode takes virtually no development time and can be done painlessly post-production via simple stat tweaking. In fact, This has been the methodology for a great many games that currently exist, one of the most prominent being Halo. The only thing that changes with Halos difficulty setting is player and enemy stats, but the experience differs radically. This was of NO detriment to any of the Halo games. Bungie also addressed the later half of your statement the same way very simply. You obviously understand how important the challenege in Fromsoft games is in enhancing atmosphere, and I agree with you. However, it can be addressed in a simple prompt in the difficulty setting screen exactly the way Halo did it: clear, bold text. "Playing this game on this easy difficulty will detract from the intended developer experience, We reccomend trying the normal difficulty first, as this one should only be used as a last resort for severely struggling players. "

Let me be clear that NO developer should EVER have to cater to any specific audience if they choose not to, and you can call this apples and oranges if you want, but this EXACT problem was solved a power long time ago by one of the best FPS series ever made Heroic "The way the game was meant to be played." All this drama and clogging of the catalog boils down to an insanely simple thing, and the squeaky wheel getting their grease this time wouldn't be near as bad as anyone could imagine. All it would take is some text and a few simple lines of code. Developers shouldn't EVER be forced to put that very minimal effort into their development schedules, but in all likeliness it wouldn't be a terrible idea for either the consumers or the developers.

to me the game became clearer once I realized L1 is spammable, and parrying attacks builds a lot of posture.

I assumed (wrongly) that ATTACKS only build posture.

Where the fuck did this entitlement that games should be able to be completed in 1 attempt come from?

>but I'm not autistically gatekeeping
Neither is anyone against the easy mode.
NO ONE
AT ALL
WHATSOEVER
is saying these people can't play the game. They can. Now whether they're good at it or not is a different topic entirely but to call it gate keeping is disingenuous as no one is being stopped from playing the game. ANY PERSON can play the game. No one is being told they can't or they aren't welcome to play the game. They absolutely are welcome to play the game. Thus it's not gate keeping.
Gate keeping would be telling someone they can't do a thing. No one's stopping you or Steve from Accounting or anyone else from playing Sekiro.

Yes, it was common for devs to put cheat codes for infinite hp/ammo/etc. as end-game rewards. e.g. the Resident Evil infinite rocket launcher. Can you imagine the shitfit Yea Forums would throw today if that was implemented?

>NOOOO THE PURITY AND DIFFICULTY OF MY GAAAME

But not everyone can handle the same difficulty
an easy mode for me might be as difficult as the normal mode for you

niche game bad
wider audience game good

Modern day society. You can survive without working a day in your life in western society.

Unironically the funniest post ITT

No, you were the one making a claim and asking me to prove a negative, your false equivalence is equating cutting out sections of a movie so that it is fundamentally different and changing lines of code to make a game easier, is DMC 5 on Human not DMC 5?

Anyone have that screencap showing how most of those games journos who got Rome 2 early didn't even get past the tutorial?

just wait until you get tedpilled, I'm only half joking

He is allowed to play though. He's not getting arrested for buying it because he's disabled
>I mean be able to beat it
You can't beat candy crush either and no one bitches about that.

>A difficulty in a video game is the same as a thematic concept in a movie

Attached: 1336179936189.jpg (396x403, 34K)

Gwyn is D Afonso Henriques actualy. He had to fight to fend off the Muslim dragons out.

And there would still be people incapable of getting through the game regardless.

A quadriplegic can beat the game. That's all that needs to be said.

They added easy-mode and made it the default in DMC5 and that game was almost ruined for me because of it. I only started to put some effort in for the Vergil fight, everything else was a breeze.

Name one game that exact scenario happened

Actually pay attention when you play or something? I don't know what to tell you or why you replied to me specifically.

I've already read Ted's essay, most of it revolves around his misunderstanding that man's purpose and life satisfaction is tied to strictly survival activities instead of creativity when even cavemen painted.

For a sec there I thought you meant mage builds. kek not in that game.

Also summons means you can also be invaded more easily, so have fun with the actual harder mode.

>being this dense

Attached: 1552755129282.jpg (693x663, 60K)

I guess it depends on the style of game. For most "open world RPGs" I don't mind a tard mode, but not for RPGs like this.

People get it for it's difficulty.

The fact that I think only one person has ever beat Candy Crush is more evidence of the fact that a game being difficult in order to keep less dedicated players out is pointless than anything else.

>Quadriplegia is paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human that results in the partial or total loss of use of all their limbs and torso
Sauce: disabled-world.com/definitions/quadriplegia.php

And at that point you can say there is already an easy mode and I will be right with you

Re-read what I said or go back to school if you didn't understand it.

Sekiro should not have an easy mode because the sense of community is unironically a part of the greater shared experience. Bosses like O&S and areas like Blighttown have gained almost legendary reputations among gamers for this very reason. It would be lame as hell to water this down. With no lows, there are no highs.

Attached: sbsp6.jpg (886x503, 97K)

Why didn't you just start at Devil Hunter then? Don't blame the devs for your own inability to look at settings.

It will impact their experience and then they'll give the game a reputation of being boring and shitty because From games are about 90% gameplay.

The only thing gatekeeping this game are the bosses and mechanics. If you can't bother to learn them then you don't deserve to play it. That simple. These people should stop worrying about the opinions of other players and focus instead on earning their victories in the game. The game is about feeling a sense of accomplishment for yourself, not crying about how it doesn't just give you easy, meaningless wins.

isnt that game just a no effort time waster?

people complain this game is hard because it punishes all the stuff you learn in souls.

>holding L1 in this regenerates posture, in souls it slows stamina regen

>spamming parries wont leave you open here

>you can spam R1 without fear of stamina issues

>the dodge is shit, in souls the dodge is great

The default difficulty of DMC has always been easy, you had to unlock the real game

>muh epic gamer legacy

>Instead of gatekeeping.
Every single fucking fanbase should gatekeep, every single fucking one, no exception. If you don't, you'll eventually be overrun by shit heads who will drive you out while demonizing you at the same time.

Attached: 1383120987467.jpg (161x188, 29K)

Yes, the game gets increasingly difficult over time, it's to encourage you to pay real money to beat the levels.

Once you learn how broken Jump is as a dodge the game becomes piss easy.

Running around in circles forever is also a valid strategy in Sekiro for the most part.

This is why DMC has always been worse than Souls.

yes bro it exists
it's time to recognize these shared experiences have meaning to the people who earned them

Only if you have a weak will

Something about this game just pisses you off and makes you hate it before the combat suddenly clicks and you love it. I was ready to break my controller on the fat drunk fucker until I just completely shit on him suddenly

When will first week sales be released?

Forgive me for talking about the importance of videogame communities on a board for videogame discussion :^)

That's not how difficulty modes work.

basically this

Give them easy mode but bar them from obtaining any achievements/trophies, prevent them from doing NG+, and lock out the acquisition of materials required for high grade prosthetic tools.

A final touch would be to lock them into only being able to do the vanilla ending only, can't view Shura, Purification, or Return ending

Attached: 1375754279301.jpg (476x351, 26K)

>You're wrong, but the burden of proof lies on you because asking me to back my assertion against your claim is proving a negative
You're a special kind of retard
>lines of code
Oh it's you again. Hello dumbass that doesn't understand what he's arguing for or against.

Let me barney style this for you. I'm stating that altering the difficulty for Sekiro because you can't handle the challenge flies against the Devs vision for what they want the game to be. To highlight this, I altered the journalists own statements to highlight how silly it is to demand an artist change their vision to suite your own needs. A la demanding Ridley Scott alter Alien to make it not scary, which flies in the face of the films intention just like demanding Sekiro be easy flaies in the face of the games intention. That is called satirical humor.

Dumbass.

For nerds

>posts pic with senior roberto
Dude was probably the easiest mini boss besides fog fag.
Sekiro is no more challenging than dark souls and if you suck just work on mechanics.

No. For gamers.

doesn't mean they'd dissapear if more people played the game
the opposite in fact since more people would be able to get the reference

Yeah, nerds

>so shit he didn't defeat urizen and instantly unlock son of sparda in the epilogue
Color me surprised.

Difficulty, death, and revival are at the core of the narrative of the worlds that From creates, to mess with the gameplay mechanics is to change the narrative that From wishes to tell. Why not add an easy setting, easy, because it would fundamentally change the game.

>reference
What thematic weight would Isshin have if the average Joe could oneshot him?

>play slower
Wearing down posture meter is the most important aspect of combat, play fast but not reckless. If you block too much you are just going to get wombo combo'd

What I'd he's busy playing the game
Maybe the tweet didn't garner the attention he thought it would and dropped the topic

Implying most of the industrialized world isn't unsatisfied with their pathetic, meaningless existence because society has no need for them.

If you think creativity is the meaning of life, you are even more delusional than teddy. How does cave people drawing things they saw indicate this? You are grossly misunderstanding Teds argument. It isn't about survival, it's about having a purpose or role in society that can't be done by a robot. Do you really go to walmart or McDonalds and look at the workers and think, "wow look at all these happy creative people?"

Sekiro is an easy game. Both journos and Yea Forums are dumb for claiming it's hard or even average in difficulty

the difficulty modes would mean more people would be able to play at a difficulty that suits them
dificulty that suits them means that the fight is doable for you, not that you can one shot the boss. It'll stay be a challenge tailored for you

No easy mode = devs have more time to improve the game since they dont have to spend time & money on a second difficulty

>burden of proof
>phrase of burden
>the obligation to prove one's assertion.
You made an assertion and told people to prove you wrong before you tried proving yourself right
>doesn't understand what he's arguing for or against.
I know exactly what I'm arguing for, if a developer wants to add an easy mode, the fanbase shouldn't get all up in arms. I also provide reasons why they can and should and how it won't affect mine or many others playthrough. You're a stubborn fool

Furthermore, why are the most creative people also the most miserable and misanthropic?

Do these people actually care about others or do they just resent people who like challenges and try to get good? Always seems like the latter to me.

>tailored for you
By what metric? What if they basically make it a PRESS X TO WIN game and he still hits B/O and dies?

The thing is no one is actually gate keeping. What's being called "gate keeping" is a bunch of people trying to play something that wasn't made for them. And that's fine, they may find something they like after all and the only way to know is to step out of your comfort zone. No one is doing any actual gate keeping. Any random fuckhead can buy(or pirate) Sekiro and play it. No one has said otherwise. In fact it's welcomed to play it since its a good game.
The "gate keeping" is them finding out not everything is made for them. The only people gate keeping are the journos themselves by saying they can never improve.

I Ilike my games hard but Yea Forums should be honest about it, most niggas here want to flex clout for beating shit like bloodborne easily

Even you go beyond that, there are a few logical problems behind it. The "it won't impact your experience at all" along with the "an easy mode never hurt anyone" is ridiculous. A whole other difficulty would involve re-balancing the entire game; extending development time, requiring resources to be pulled from other places, etc. So yes, contriving an "easy mode" to any other game WOULD hurt the game.

Additionally this falls back on the entitlement thing. These outlets are allowed to call others entitled, yet somehow demanding changes to an experience not aimed at them? It's ridiculous. Videogames are "art" whenever it's convenient to them, but a product aimed at broader appeal in other circumstances. Even "artwork" itself is not meant to be all inclusive; some genres disgust certain people or require specific contexts to be understood.

Fuck these people. They would never have survived in the nes days.

They used disabled people as a shield for their own personal gain. You tell me.

dodge also allows you to exploit R1

you can r1 twice and r1 once on the ground, faster than 3 ground r1s.

by yourself
if you breeze through the game, raise the difficulty
if it's too hard lower it
you'll end up finding a balance and having the best possible experience

You'd have to be retarded to think Sekiro is "average difficulty."

What's your definition of hard then, kaizo mario or nothing? It's definitely at the upper scale of difficulty atleast, which is why everyone is crying about it being too hard.

Have condescending difficulty names to expose the little bitches they are for playing on easy difficulties

Attached: mcyvhgymd6rmdiio4hyj[1].png (1119x617, 505K)

>Developers do develop games with their difficulty and accessibility in mind, however adding an easily coded lower difficulty mode takes virtually no development time and can be done painlessly post-production via simple stat tweaking.

You misunderstand the argument. The contention isn't about effort, it's a point about artistic vision. Difficulty has an impact on how a game is perceived and what emotions it evokes in the player. Some games are designed with variable difficulty in mind out of concerns for accessibility. But sometimes accessibility gets in the way of core game design elements that would be ignored by the player if they weren't there. In Sekiro there is a flow of combat that revolves around landing counters, jumping, evading, deflecting, running and comboing and when you do it correctly it looks and feels great. But a player is never going to get there when the game is lenient on how consistently you have to execute on these mechanics. Just because some developers are fine with people missing out on their intended experience by selecting easy mode doesn't mean everyone is.

I think this conversation is pointless and has only gone on because people don't understand difficulty modes in games. It is an objective fact that most people only play a game once and never go through on higher difficulties. People who play games are so casual now that they just want to mash through the experience and get to the next game. The journey of learning and discovery of going through modes that change the game up to further test your skill is long gone from triple A gaming. So people have now got this idea that the only thing that matters is normal difficulty. Even worse is that most developers don't even bother with proper difficulties because no one plays them. So adding an easy mode wouldn't really change anything except letting people of lesser skill get through the game. Though I feel personally that the tradeoff should be adding proper hard modes. Not the sorry excuse for NG+ souls games have been carting around these days.

*I mean if you jump and R1 twice, then R1 on ground.

>"Why not add an easy mode to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice instead of gatekeeping? It won't impact your experience at all."
Becouse by now being "Hard" its part of their brand, its a necesary part of the experience and adding a easy mode will inevitably have a bad impact on their brand

Attached: 1453311988713.jpg (243x240, 20K)

You realize that this doesn't solve the problem. The complaints would simply shift from "there is no easy-mode" to "easy-mode isn't easy enough" and then your argumentation would continue to be "well just make it easier then, it doesn't affect you anyway" and we're right back at "why doesn't the developer just prepackage their games with trainers" territory.

>you made an assertion
No, just like I explained I made a satirical post and you made the counter claim with no proof. If someone yells out "alligators are fish" the burden of proof is on me to back up my assertion that he is wrong. That's how it works. You can't cop out by just saying "false equivalence" and then trying to hide behind legal terms you clearly don't understand.
>if the developer wants to
>it won't affect me so that proves me right
We're not arguing about what the dev WANTS to do or if it will affect you, dipshit. I even stated earlier that if the Dev chose to do so then that is fine. The argument revolves around if the dev NEEDS to put in an easy mode at the request of someone who is unable to arise to the challenge presented by the game.

Not only do you not understand your own argument or opposition, you don't even understand the argument at hand. Dumb cunt.

Nice slippery slope faggot

Reminder that Miyazaki literally said git gud
frontlinejp.net/2019/04/03/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-2-2/
>He says that as Sekiro is different from Dark Souls, players may first find it to be difficult, but as they learn new ways of fighting and new tactics and get better, they should feel the pleasure of getting better,
>getting better
>getting better
>getting better

Do you seriously believe that once they get what they want they will just going to stop? They're not going to stop

Attached: 1460796535561.jpg (242x251, 4K)

Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta do this all better while still having ninja dog and 1 hand mode for players. But those games have hard modes that actually change enemy encounters and have mechanical differences between them, instead of just upping the damage and giving you the same game. It's a silly argument because those games are incredibly niche despite having a lot of brand recognition, and if you look up the people who go through the hard modes its very small. Making a game more accessible doesn't have to get rid of the difficulty if done right, but that takes effort most devs don't want to put in for.

Is this an actual discussion or is Yea Forums baiters just being retarded? Also how does this decision have anything to do with me anyways. And yes fuck casuals.

Underrated

You just seem to not understand term like false equivalence and burden of proof, and I had also previously stated it'd be cool if they add it and I'd be fine if they didn't. I suppose I have restate everything said in this thread when arguing with a creature that figured out how to power its brain with a goldfish

i want to sniff emmas feet

How many people are saying DMC 5 needs to be easier? Compare that to how many people said DMC 3 was too hard

DMC is already casual

>ad hominem this hard
ouch

it's ok, i hope the next from game flips everything on them again so Yea Forums start crying like when sekiro first came out

>reach lady butterfly
>completely shits on me
>go to a bunch of other areas instead
>come back and oneshot her because I have tons of extra HP and heal charges

>hasn't played HOH

DMC3 is most people's first DMC game so that's why people laud it as being so difficult. It really isn't any different than DMC 4 or 5 if you've already played action games. Also most people only play dmc once, so they never go into the harder most which are tailored into testing skill.

>Doesn't skip the 2nd phase with stealth

Attached: jesseconcerned.png (246x268, 99K)

i dont want the game community and discussion within the community to be filled with the opinions of people who cant accurately construct an appraisal of the game because they literally didnt play the same thing i, or majority of other people did

Except I also attack the argument by saying I've been consistent in my position, do I need to just copy paste and nauseam?

imagine being as stupid as the person who buys a game where the difficulty is LITERALLY the MAIN selling point, then being angry when there isn't an option to play without the main selling point

>man i tried to read this philosophy book but i didnt understand anything that they were talking about
>cant they write something without all the self-referential jargon?

>i went to watch this horror movie, but i hate horror movies, i wish they would just remove all the scary bits and just leave the story so i can appreciate it

>played special edition

And deflects/counters are the best ways to wear down posture.

>that grammar
yikes

The game has a steep difficulty curve but it plateaus immediately afterwards, once you get past the curve it's smooth sailing. The problem is that the game itself tells you nothing about the things that make up the curve. Even people ITT praising Sekiro for its difficulty have trouble with the basics, like understanding the difference between a block and a deflect.

Almost everyone struggles with Butterfly because they get too her way too early and she's the only boss by that point for them that actually punishes mistakes consistently. The game being so open is great for exploring and finding stuff at your own pace but there's no way to tell whether a boss you're fighting is an optional one you can come back to or a mandatory story one you have to beat now before moving on. Lady Butterfly is one you can come back to later.

>ad autocorrects to and
>Heh, good thing thing that happened, otherwise I couldn't say anything and would have to shit my pants out of rage, instead of shitting my pants out of pleasure like usual

Things like the whole bonfire kindling from the first game was the perfect "easy" mode From ever did. Power that shit up and the game becomes so much easier, don't? Game is standard difficulty to test yourself and its completely optional. As well as using Fire Keeper Souls to dramatically improve the power of the estus.

Souls Games (as well as other difficult games) are like BDSM.

When you are having vanilla sex (or playing easy games), it is fun for the first few times but it becomes old and repetitive when you do it every day.

If you want that kinky shit, thats when you look for a From Software game. They beat you, belittle you and treat you like shit BUT you still crawl back every time. It's not enough for you. Soon, you thirst for difficulty and you can never go back to casual games again.

Attached: 50 shades of Kuros.jpg (480x614, 137K)

A lot of people who play vidya have a chip on their shoulder from being nerds as kids and feeling left out of other hobbies and now that vidya is popular they want to lord it over others the same way. I mean, it's textbook shitty behavior but I don't expect introspection from people who define their personalities around video game difficulties. Thankfully it's changing and people are realizing video games are just a hobby like any other.

Attached: 1328954625768.jpg (447x604, 56K)

>more ad hominem
Oof

If FromSoftware chooses to: whatever. If not: get the PC version and download the Trainer. The developer gets to decide how you experience their game and if they only want one difficulty that's their choice.

Or, keep trying until you get it. The game doesn't have permadeath. Or just play something else.

Attached: 006SKULDver2.jpg (868x1228, 979K)

dude how fuckin shameful it is when you cant even finish this game and people with disabilities already did, it just shows how fucking casual Yea Forums is and this board is fucking plague with fags and trannies

You can't just post images from my meme romcom for little girls on Yea Forums, I forgot which board I was on.

Attached: dickpicks.png (1600x1798, 2.82M)

From Software/Souls games aren't actually that difficult. I don't know why people hype them up like they are. You just have to take the time to watch and understand an attack pattern, attack for incremental damage, and then be willing to do that over and over again for every enemy you encounter, with some encounters being longer than others.

How do you get into games journalism without being at least decent at videogames and liking them?
You get all these journalists who cry, "I don't have time to get good enough to beat this game!" when surely any normal person with a hobby finds time to partake in it unless they literally work 100+ hours a week. I can't see a journalist working that much, let alone even a quarter of that. It's fucking weird, man. These people are all so shitty and disingenuous.

Can't be an ad hom if there's no argument, just consider this an English lesson buddy

sometimes you just have to accept that a creator isn't beholden to their consumers, my dude. not everything is for everyone and if you want everything to play like a walking simulator then a plethora of games exist to fit that niche

The gaming crowd as a whole has gotten larger so there are a bunch of youngins see:zoomers who never grew up with difficult games to begin with. The idea of taking their time and learning the game never occurred to them. So souls games come off as these hardcore experiences to these players. Then when you mix in the ego of gamers souls games have to be the most hardcore experiences around because they've never played anything else and don't go out to find more challenging experiences.

That and From usually puts weaknesses on the boss which allows you to abuse them to kill a boss easily. I mean the so called "hard" ogre is weak to fire, just use firworks and the flamethrower and bam the faggot goes down in a minute.

Did you mean to quote someone else or were you deliberately making a passive-aggressive response that referenced literally nothing I said?

The creator wanted the player to experience the hardship of trying over and over again to master something. Why do we try to skew the creator’s vision? That’s so bigoted.

Most game journalists nowadays aren't primarily video game fans: they're bottom barrel Journalism Majors who couldn't get a gig anywhere else. And since everyone knows video game journalism is basically a PR Whore to be pimped out to the highest bidder you're stuck because the "experience" is basically worthless as resume padding to ever get out of it.

Attached: 08SKULDA.jpg (1442x2039, 1.41M)

I'm not saying they're good or worth playing (or bad either), it's just what they are. A lot of people find that sort of experience frustratingly annoying, a lot of people find it enjoyable and almost meditative.

Lots of people literally don't have a desire to learn or be challenged by videogames. To them, videogames are literally just mindless time wasters that they dick around in for 20 minute intervals while waiting for something else to happen.

>two lines of code

Attached: 1422102476901.jpg (1052x800, 37K)

>"It won't impact your experience at all."
It actually will, because having the option to change the difficulty to easy mode will make the experience devoid of any tension and sense of danger whilst going to hard mode will be pointless because you can just beat the game on easy mode, making the normal "hard mode" nothing more than a self imposed challenge, making the experience feel artificial.

My boy can do it.

Failing in a FS/Souls game isn't actually challenging, it just means you're removed from learning the bosses attack pattern for a while and forced to fight grunts to get back to it (or after a certain point just sprint past them and watch them slowly and impotently flail at you). I kind of have the personal idea that Souls games would have been better as a bossrush-style game like Furi, but with lore and backstory filled segments between bosses.

well actually my first DMC is DMC3SE and i got the one where they fucked up the difficulty. and i didnt know about it after i beat the game. and i was actually happy that played that game in a fucked up higher difficulty because it made the game fun for me to play

>self imposed challenges make experiences artificial
that explains why mountain climbers don't exist then

I love souls games but the fanbase and the marketing have made it impossible to talk about difficulty in games without them chiming in to show how little they know outside those games. Doesn't help that we're on shitposting central either.

I posted this elsewhere:

>And retards fall for it hook line and sinker all the time.
>>Some literal who saying Sekiro should have easy mode
hits
>>Miyazaki himself talking about why the game is made to be hard
hits
>I'm not even fucking kidding
>frontlinejp.net/2019/04/03/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-2-2/
hits
>For all the whining about clickbait and editoralized garbage, the majority of ""gamers"" don't fucking want "just unbiased news", they actually want retarded shit they can get angry and shitpost about.

wait what its a meme romcom intended for little girls??? who established that?

i actually enjoy that cartoon and im a dude

>Bunch of entitled faggots and game journalists bitch about how the lack of an easy mode makes the game unplayable for people with disabilities
>A quadriplegic proceeds to beat the final boss while making fun of how shit the journalists are at the game

Attached: 1531221877945.png (315x352, 45K)

Halo, FEAR, Syndicate, Crysis, Fallout, DmC, World of Warcraft

Deus Ex, Thief, Bioshock, Dead Space

>he thinks from cuckware games are not normie

lmfao

Attached: 1553454146991.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

Do you see people climbing mountains that have gondala lifts?

kek

are you actually suggesting that invaders make the game harder in the one where the odds are so overwhelmingly stacked against the invader that it's a miracle anyone is dumb enough to do it in the first place

None of those were because the previous entries were easier

There really is no better reason. FUCK normalfags and FUCK casuals trying to make everything a cinematic MUH MARVEL MOVIE experience. Fuck off.

Elder Scrolls, Far Cry, Uncharted, Tomb Raider

>OH NO NO NO

sekiro is a dissonant game
the base experience is a fucking cakewalk
then you reach the bosses and you are forced to dance with them with the limited fucking combat and you are told to act like a fucking samurai when you are supposed to be a shinobi that should use stealth and subterfuge

massive healthbars and 4 phase boss fights have no fucking reason to be in this game which is why it sucks dicks, it tries way too hard to be weeb dark souls and doesn't have any identity of its own

>rehashed estus
>rehashed bonfires
>rehashed warping
>rehashed undeath mechanic

fromsoft is literally a one trick pony now, whoever made miyazaki the president doomed the company to make souls clones for eternity, fucking trash

shitposting aside, climbable mountains have multiple routes mapped for different climber skills and even the skilled climbers take the easy route back down when it's there, even on Mt. Everest.

Attached: female-climber-climbing-rock-face-with-mountains-and-jackson-hole-KMEFGE.jpg (1300x956, 321K)

>(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
Wowza

>It won't impact your experience at all."
it does though. community has a huge effect on game experience, and talking about a game with someone only to find out they basically played a totally different game is incredibly jarring. If i talk about a boss being hard and somebody else tells me it was easy for them i can realize "maybe i'm doing something wrong" whereas if there are difficulty settings my initial reaction might be "everything easy when you play on retard mode you faggot".

Again, they didn't go to shit because they added and easy mode
Also
>Uncharted
Really? They've always had difficulty selection

>then you reach the bosses and you are forced to dance with them with the limited fucking combat and you are told to act like a fucking samurai when you are supposed to be a shinobi that should use stealth and subterfuge
This.

In old interviews Miyazaki implied you COULD do that to bosses like if you died they would unaggro and you could backstab them but in the actual game they instantly magically know that you're alive.

It's fucking stupid, and detracts from bosses that have special lines and could have been made special in how they know you'll come back to life like Genichiro, Isshin and Owl.

Thank you for getting the definition of what I paraphrased

Go dilate

fuck casuals, not having a difficulty and it just being a big fuck you good luck is what makes these types of games good. You literally have to get good and its great

>Making a game more accessible doesn't have to get rid of the difficulty if done right, but that takes effort most devs don't want to put in for.

Why would they put effort into compromising their vision if the accessible version of the game isn't the intended version of it. This is nothing more than a cynical argument about the financial incentive of accessibility through inclusivity. This sort of thinking often erodes the core experience that got a niche market engaged with it in the first place. If only 10% experience it in the intended way then financial incentives are going to force you to pay more attention to the other 90%. It's like you missed the casualization boom of the late 2000s and early 2010s where accessibility drove people into these niche markets into the first place. Multiple franchises that used to fill a niche were killed and rebooted in an attempt to serialize a poor but more accessible imitation of the original design. Bethesda, Bioware, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom, Activision and EA managed to kill multiple franchises either creatively or literally in the name of accessibility.

Came here to post this

the point is that an intention to make the game overall more streamlined, casual and broader-audience reaching contributed to the downfall of those series

Game should be like STALKER where they add an easy mode but it just makes the game even harder

Sekiro is great but it's almost impossible to get what makes it enjoyable because of shit like this.

>base enemies are there for practice and getting items, sen, and exp for upgrades and you should sprint past them whenever you don't need those things
>attack rushing most bosses will lead to your death and you have to play thoughtfully and slowly, the goal for most is to reduce their vitality enough that their posture stops regenerating quickly and then breaking their posture and dealing deathblows
>and you're supposed to be constantly using your prosthetic tools during fights to shift them in your favor, but players are cultured to think doing so is "cheese"
The game is nothing like their Souls series but it doesn't tell you that at all except for the fact that there's a posture bar that refills when you guard.

This is the case, but I think at some point along the lines the amount of time you could spend in this pre-resurrect state was decreased and makes pointless. They sheath weapons and unaggro, but the noise from your resurrection alerts nearby enemies, and if you wait for them to walk out of that noise range the timer runs out and you die.

>time to face SS Isshin
>pop stealth sugar
>backstab instakill him three times in a row
Sure sounds like that would have been a fun game.

Attached: 1538238317212.png (153x179, 35K)

And you blame easy mode instead of devs making a bad game? Invisible war sucked for many reasons, the fact that deus ex had difficulty modes was not one of them

It just makes the game more tedious by decreasing bullet damage and increasing TTK (ironically, increasing difficulty in most games does the same thing).

Okay, you've forced me to say the most reddit I will ever say, but I feel it's appropriate.
You know how people say "This is the Dark Souls of..."? Well, Mount Everest is the Dark Souls of mountain climbing.

>and if you wait for them to walk out of that noise range
The way boss fights work, if you waited that long they'd probably regen their health bars too in the current build.

ESL retard

>modern Yea Forums in a nutshell
it hurts.

the devs made those games with the intent to cater to people who wanted an overall easier and less niche experience to begin with, difficulty modes fuel that sort of mindset. have you been living under a rock since the mid 2000s?

If you eat shit, just don't play it.
Like me.

That isn't an apt comparison, you don't actually have to come down from beating the game, you just beat it and you're done. Getting down off of a mountain is a lot harder than getting up it, mainly because it is a fuck ton more dangerous and you are already completely exhausted and sore.

adding easy mode made it a bad game
think about it, the entire game needs to be redesigned so that a monkey can play it every piece of information has to be adjusted so that it can be easily adjusted. Enemies need to have varying degrees of AI, health, and weaponry, and your weapons have to do differing levels of effectiveness for no reason other than changing a single switch at the beginning of the game.

Adding difficulty modes doubles, even triples the workload of balancing and making a decent game, especially when the game is already open world and prides itself on having a ludicrous number of ways to solve situations.

just jump lmao like bring a sled nigga

Its like you didn't read my post at all. Which is that there are plenty of games that are considered challenging and are far more complex than Souls Games that still maintain that level of challenge to the player through proper elder modes. The problem is that devs are too lazy to put forth the effort for them and it is a straight up fact that most people don't these modes at all. The amount of people who finished Bayo on NSIC, arguably one of the best hard modes in its genre is .5 % on steam. Why people are choosing sekiro of all games to be the hill that they die on is beyond me when it's not that considerably deep to begin with. You can gripe about easy modes existing but they do not in any objective way lessen people who went through the hardest difficulty.

If a dev is smart they can do both, which has been proven already.

Adding difficulty modes is all they have to do though, that's their "catering." The easy mode is for people interested that have shit reflexes or whatnot, if devs change the game they're aiming for a different audience and that's on them
Easy mode made deus ex a bad game? One of the best games of all time is shit because they wanted different challenges?

based

Attached: Nicesmoker.gif (543x399, 45K)

My only real argument against difficulty modes in these games is that I don't think From could do it.
From is pretty good at managing a single difficulty level so that encounters are often challenging and occasionally frustrating, but never unbeatable or enough to become truly unfun because of the difficulty.
But they're terrible at modifying that difficulty level. NG+ is always just more health and more damage and if you're lucky throwing more or stronger enemies in places, nerf patches are always either huge neuterings like 4kangs or completely ineffective.

If they can focus on one single difficulty and know that all the players will be playing it, they can balance everything to being beatable but challenging for most people. If they have to try to make "beatable but challenging for game journalists" and "beatable but challenging for diehard neets" both toggleable options they'll probably both turn out crap.

That's actually pretty based

They did it fine in Armored Core by making it so that higher difficulties isn't "lol more numbers" but stuff like

>The briefing lied to you and the intel is wrong
>You thought you were fighting one boss but there are two
>It's a trap
>Surprise new enemies
>You were supposed to use this new equipment but the equipment failed, do it yourself

They actually did this right in Dark Souls 2

Just go the opposite direction and remove enemies or give the player more info for an "easy" mode. Two ruin sentinels instead of three, bosses don't use certain moves, that kind of thing.

t. triggered casual

why do you people think that adding an easy mode and maintaining a quality, balanced product is as simple as changing a few lines of code

Because it can be, I don't think that'd be a great easy mode, but it's possible. Also, I shouldn't have said it's all they have to do, they don't have to do anything

>they're getting the same experience
wrong

>From makes an easy mode
>casuals outweigh the traditional hardcore fans
>eventually there's no more hardmode
>From tells us to get fucked, they were always a casual gaming company

And you're ignoring my point about the base difficulty sometimes being hard because of artistic vision. It really doesn't matter if the game has higher difficulty modes that are even better than the base difficulty. We're arguing about whether there should be a more accessible difficulty below the intended base difficulty. You're mending multiple arguments and rolling them into one so let me clarify for you which points you actually need to address.

1. If the base difficulty or "lowest possible difficulty" is the intended experience for a game then easy mode compromises the artistic vision.
2. Some developers don't want to compromise on their artistic vision in the name of accessibility because it would rob a certain subset of players of an experience they wouldn't have had otherwise if easy mode was available.
3. Increased accessibility can lead to a shift in playerbase demographics which leads to a shift in financial incentives where catering to the minority of your playerbase becomes less profitable and the core design of your game gets compromised to accommodate the shift in demographics

a lot of paralysed people still have some movement in their affected limbs. My uncle is paraplegic but can still stand with help balancing and has feeling, but no movement in his right foot.

based

Not that guy, but someone may make a claim and in doing so, is given the implication that they are right. For them to be proven requires some substantial proof provided by the accuser, you.

I can say the Earth is flat, or your mom will die in her sleep tonight if you don't reply, but it is up to another party to provide evidence to discredit me.

*...to be proven wrong requires...

Because we're not talking about the artistic vision or the integrity of the studio, we are talking about if an easy mode would lessen the other difficulties or the current difficulty in the game. Which it would not on and objective level, it would only make the game more accessible and it has been historically proven that you can maintain difficulty while being accessible if done right.
>1. If the base difficulty or "lowest possible difficulty" is the intended experience for a game then easy mode compromises the artistic vision.
Now if Fromsoft want to use that as their reason that they provide no easy mode that is perfectly fine. Yet on the same level they can still be criticized by not putting in the mode because it objectively doesn't take away from the harder modes.
>2. Some developers don't want to compromise on their artistic vision in the name of accessibility because it would rob a certain subset of players of an experience they wouldn't have had otherwise if easy mode was available.
and
>3. Increased accessibility can lead to a shift in playerbase demographics which leads to a shift in financial incentives where catering to the minority of your playerbase becomes less profitable and the core design of your game gets compromised to accommodate the shift in demographics
We are already at the point where it is better to make games more accessible for modern audiences and if you honestly think fromsoft games don't have massive market and casual appeal (games that are played by nearly every youtuber ever) you are delusional beyond all belief. The only thing adding an easy mode would do is lessen the shallow ego of casuals who play through normal and want to feel 'hardcore' because of it. Take a look at the statistics of people who go through NG+ and Hard modes in games and it makes the objective fact that most players are not looking for challenges when it comes to games. Which is why hard modes have been historically neglected since the early 2000s.

git gud

Attached: images (21).jpg (225x224, 6K)

What's wrong with giving a difficulty that simply increases the opening on the windows to deflect or avoid/counter an attack?

It'd help me to mikiri better that's for sure. Is your pride hurt that much by you beating the same game, and other people beating it as well on a lower difficulty?

Soulsfags want to play muh sekret hardcore club because they went through normal on what is one of the most played games this year and will be beaten by every normalfag youtuber on the planet.

You're aware that it's not the normalfags and casuals pushing this right?

It's a bunch of entitled pampered elites that never heard a no on their retarded lives and now are trying to force the game to bend over and defeat itself by using their unearned power instead of you know, actually getting good at something.

MY NAME IS

MY NAAAAAAAAAMMMMEE IS **

I actually want them to add hard mode.
Bosses to have 50% more health and posture and backstabs to only do 50% damage on minibosses.

And where do you draw the line exactly? What if they added a harder game mode right now and called this one the "easy mode"? Would that make you happy?

I was surprised at how short the boss phases were, Genichiro should be like 5 deathblows in total (3 and 2). Because they're so short I'm able to get through the fights just by healing my mistakes and not actually winning/defeating the boss.

Only boss that felt challenging were Owl, Sword Saint and Demon of Hatred. Though first and last one had simple moveset.

>do impeccable against the boss
>he has a sliver of health/posture left
>start fucking up all of a sudden
I can't be the only one who does this

I honestly wonder if these games have a hidden mechanic that makes bosses more aggressive and unpredictable when their health is low. Sometimes that last sliver of health seems like the hardest to take.

being so entitled they demand an easy mode, when these are the same faggots who make the argument "not every game has to be for you" and then cry when games not targeted at them are not in fact for them.

based

>Because we're not talking about the artistic vision or the integrity of the studio, we are talking about if an easy mode would lessen the other difficulties or the current difficulty in the game.

They would when demographics start to shift.

>Which it would not on and objective level, it would only make the game more accessible and it has been historically proven that you can maintain difficulty while being accessible if done right.

In the majority of cases? No. I'm observing a trend, you're pointing to exceptions and edge cases even though statistically speaking the original core demographic of any niche franchise that became popular due to increased accessibility got eroded and fled to other niche markets. You want examples? Fallout went through two stages of casualization. It didn't just erode its original core demographic, it eventually eroded the core demographic of their newly acquired demographic after the previous already left. Dragon Age never managed to recover from DA2. Resident Evil was killed and had to be rebooted because it turned into Uncharted with zombies. Dead Space's medium-sized development scope was forcefully expanded to include multiplayer, horror became less and less important. Hitman got turned into an action stealth shooter because social stealth apparently wasn't where the market was. Splinter Cell went through multiple redesigns with Conviction and closely resembled a modern day Assassin's Creed 1 in its early development stages and eventually transformed into a straight up action stealth shooter as well. When we're on the subject of stealth games we might also mention Thief which got rebooted and immediately died. Diablo fell victim to the modern Blizzard accessibility clause as well so people started fleeing to Path of Exile.

Should I keep going? How many times did the accessibility move work out on niche titles? Halo wasn't ever niche to begin with so I'm not even sure what kind of point you tried to make there anyway.

Sekiro is Not dark souls you retards.

Here's the single greatest reason for why Sekiro SHOULD have an easy mode.

>NO MULTIPLAYER

There is no fucking community. It's just a fucking story game.

>It's just a fucking story game.
Not really.

Sekiro does has easy mode though. Entire game is in easy mode until you complete it once, then you get ability to take the training wheels off in new save or NG+

this but unironically

This has never been demonstrated in any series so I don't know why you'd say that.

>don't like multiplayer game
>buy and complain about multiplayer game

>don't like puzzle game
>buy and complain about puzzle game

>don't like difficult game
>buy and complain about difficult game

The people who want games to stay hard are actually more entitled than anyone else.

instead of just enjoying the games like a normal person, they feel as if OTHER people have to play it just like them. For some reason another person playing on easy mode ruins it for them.

>all non-multiplayer games are story games
Based zoomer.

Can somebody could name me ONE Gothic Victorian love craft game that wasn't made by some shitty Indie devs that isn't Bloodborne?

Can't?
If the only game of it's type doesn't have an easy mode that means there's not a single game like it that is accessible to people who can't get over the combat system.

From Soft should add an easy mode to any game that has no similar games to it.
it sucks that the only Gothic Alien game is impossible to play for 90% of gamers

>everyone should be able to do everything
why?

That's why they're the ones that launched a twitter campaign to try and bully from into doing what they want right? Oh wait.

Havent played sekiro yet but I think the main problem is that there is no co op, so casuals are getting fucked

This is a great game but I don't like the ITEM aesthetics. The setting is pretty good, but it's broken with dumb fucking buddha candy and baloons. This is probably something minor and inconsequential for 99% of the people but it really annoys me

Genichiro fight is the best and most enjoyable boss fight in any fromsofware game I played

I can't believe you posted this
im literally shaking rn

I have beaten all souls games and i'm stuck on Genichiro. I also don't have the same time to play like I used to so whenever I play I start the game up and immediately begin fighting him without any practice or warm up. The game feels like it has an input lag or delay it's strange. Genichiro feels like he's designed specifically to punish my gameplay tendencies.

I don't think I'll be able to beat him because I can't tolerate this much defeat in the the hour or so I have to play

>Make something awesome
>People who might be interested in the setting and story are put off by shitty gameplay mechanics

This is why we don't have bloodborne 2 by the way.
There's a huge market and nobody is doing much cosmic horror. From soft is fucking retarded trash

>we dont have bloodborne 2
and thats a good thing
anyone who doesnt understand why thats a good thing are part of the problem.

including (you)

Lads, did I just miss that big Demon of Hatred boss or whatever? I've got the dragon tears and heard he's option and I still ain't saw him.

Attached: 20190404063343_1.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

But ROBBEEEERRTT was one of the easiest bosses in the game. I was actually shocked that he just fell out of the bridgetunnel after deathblowing him once.

go back to the area you fought the first samurai general in. in ashima outskirts. there will be a new idol there that takes you to him.

>everything should be made to accommodate everyone
kys dumb commie

this is all just le game journalists trying to make their jobs easier
in order to legitimize their half assed play throughs and to sell their reviews, they decided to start this false flagging campaign under the premise of "inclusivity"
it has nothing to do with legitimate complaints regarding difficulty
if the game is too hard for certain people there's a good chance the game was NOT made with them in mind
from software is catering to a specific group of people alone because that's who they want to cater to
beside all that, easy mode and hard mode have vastly dissimilar experiences across ALL games

Is he really as hard as everyone says? So far i've breezed through every boss fight except for Owl stage 2, is he THAT much harder than the rest?

>Why are there two girls eating each other out on my lesbian porno.
>This need stop be fixed!

That is the mentally. There are 90 other AAA piss easy cinimatic "games" coming out every year. Go play one of them instead.

One of the major selling points for "The fromsoftware game" is it's challenge.

hes about on par with owl 2, isshin, and sword saint.

>isshin and sword saint
>and

Wait, am I missing another boss?

At first yes but once you figure him out he's a cakewalk pretty much, just like every boss in the game

>bloodborne 2
my favorite part about cool subgenres like cosmic horror is when a piece of media gets popular and sequelized over and over again until all the mystery and excitement has been drained out of it and nobody can stomach the thought of the genre for the next 20 years

oh no wait that's my least favorite part

So where do I go?

Attached: 20190404064149_1.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

sounds like an opportunity to me

Isshin Ashima is the final boss of the Shura ending.

No no. You have to go from Ashima castle to outskirts.

Unironically a better answer than what people say about creator's vision or player experience

>Why isn't everything gacha baby farm village

I suck at Dark Souls, but I get the appeal. The whole point of the games are there fixed, ball numbing challenge.

It's like asking why there needs to be shooting in an fps. Just go play some shitty cinimatic game lmao nigga.

Why should a niche product be forced to change so it may cater to an audience it wasn't intended for? It's such a dumb idea.

Attached: 1554277404159.jpg (419x610, 39K)

Fuck his mother

all developers need to do is add a disabled mode, then everyone who wants an easy mode can feel bad when they have to play the mode designed for literal retards

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not just your type of game then? I don't like micro filled RTS games, so I don't play them. Nothing wrong with that.

There is a difference between "I have some legitimate issues with this game, they are xyz"
And
"Change this game to how I like it, I don't care if it's a niche product, or if my ideas directly conflict with the basic mechanics of said game"

It's like demanding ever movie have a happy ending, or that horror movies be less scary. It's such a childish way of aproaching things I general

Attached: 1553788931767.png (924x814, 113K)

>Supposed to be a European guy
>Trying to help his son Robert
>Kick him off the edge
>"ROBERTOOOOOOOO"

Why can Japanese people literally not help themselves from putting extra vowels on things

Attached: 1447940093900.png (722x768, 304K)

Whats wrong with you simply learning the fucking game?

>European
>Robert
read up on real history, retard

>I don't like the developer's original vision and I don't want to get better at the game so cater to me

Sounds fine to me

>kys dumb commie
Tribal monkey spotted.

I guess I'm a commie now and you must be the opposite of a commie and that makes you superior to me, life must be so easy when anyone with a different opinion can just be put in a box you don't have to engage them or discuss things with them you can just disregard and insult them like a child.

You know nothing more about me than the fact that I think video games (toys meant for children) should have options to help appeal to more people, and that is such a controversial opinion that regardless of anything you and I might have in common or agree on I should end my entire life based on one disagreement on a piece of media entertainment. This is how ridiculous you are being.

You see Good and Evil, and everyone who disagrees with you can't be on the Good side. Sure Communism sucks I actually agree with you politically, but even you must know that on paper Communism is appealing to GOOD people. People who are genuinely kind and good who just want others to have a fair shake in life.

I'm trying to be reasonable which is a mistake on Yea Forums but we are both Anonymous and maybe it could do some good to make a post that isn't just retarded.

Attached: Kjell-625x352.jpg (625x352, 36K)

Unironically based if only most people took on challenges this way

>More good things are bad

You probably masturbate and indulge yourself to much, get a fucking job and quit consuming media 24/7

>You are avoiding my argument by insulting me
>Here let me do the exact same while trying to in turn deflect your one note insult.

no, Communism sounds good to STUPID people, who seem to think steamrolling everyone down to being pisspoor and unhappy somehow means the already poor and unhappy feel better.

Communism doesn't give you a fair shake in life, it removes the chance to better yourself.

And to answer your original argument, people should put effort into things to feel rewarded, nothing given freely has any true value.

A true Chad.

This game have hard mode, so i suppose default mode is already easy one.

It is just one mechanic though. There's so much put into From Soft games and the enemy damage basically negates all of it.
all the story, all the lore, the setting, the atmosphere, the build variety, the weapon variety, all of it is ruined by a boss that just instakills you over and over.

it ruins the atmosphere of the game because getting frustrated and pissed off BREAKS IMMERSION.

When you lose and have to "git gud" you start searching for mechanics and stats to help you defeat a boss. this breaks immersion big time.
When I found out about 100% physical shields in dark souls, I felt like I was meta gaming by blocking a huge demon axe with a tiny metal shield.

you arent being reasonable when you're suggesting that everything needs to be accessible. or that everything needs to appeal to as many people as possible. im not even the same user but actually there are some real parallels to communism here. accessibility and mainstream appeal might sound good on paper but they are destructive in the long run.

its okay to have autism, user, but you shouldnt inflict that on everyone else

>Communism on paper is appealing to good people

How the fuck is removing all property rights on the misguided idea that value is finite somehow supposed to ring true with good people?

Good people would look to things that actually build people up, like British Classical Liberalism than destructive pipe dreams of useless layabouts.

Explain why gatekeeping is bad.

If everyone on this board was as calm, cheeky, and kind as you in real life, we would be a bit more interesting to be around

Then don't play it? I've never played a souls game but I don't get going into someone else's hobby and crying about how it's not fun for you and that they should change it.

>Getting good and learning a game breaks immersion

>
When you lose and have to "git gud" you start searching for mechanics and stats to help you defeat a boss. this breaks immersion big time.
When I found out about 100% physical shields in dark souls, I felt like I was meta gaming by blocking a huge demon axe with a tiny metal shield.

Blocking the Taurus Demon is fucking useless because he does 5 gorillion poise damage and eats through your stamina.

>you start searching for mechanics and stats to help you defeat a boss.

But that is the whole point of the games user. That is why the majority of people that play them do so, to over come a series of challenges by learning the mechanics and tricks of the game and it's systems.

Attached: c6thz9ksbzp21.jpg (918x1200, 170K)

>yeah, that's a pretty lame line of reasoning
Considering you're the one that came up with it I ain't surprised.

akko is cute! but not as cute as constanze!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 3.43.24 AM.png (1098x502, 279K)

>Game is too hard

Git Gud.

If you just want a story and visuals watch a movie or some cut up put together video game movie on YouTube it's a game gameplay is why you play it's an achievement not a gift

No fuck whatever OP's saying. Games don't need to be hard but hard games don't need an Easy mode. I don't understand how people don't realize that the appeal to difficult games is overcoming your flaws and doing what you once considered impossible. There's a lesson to be learned about life there and the people who complain that something like Sekiro needs an easy mode.

Attached: 0.png (961x575, 1.35M)

No communist ever made the argument that they want to make everybody poor.
This is what I'm talking about you being ridiculous.

in fact people you're calling communists probably aren't even communists.
Wanting a video game to be easier doesn't make anybody a communist that's silly.
Yet you take it seriously enough to tell me I should die because of my opposing opinion.

People can feel rewarded in a million other ways.
Maybe they work hard at a job, and just paying for the game is enough effort, and they want to live in video game fantasy world and have fun and relax.
Maybe you have difficulties empathizing with people, you clearly don't care about the suffering of others based on what I can assume from your political point of view.

Objectively your philosophy isn't making developers any more money, and since gaming is subjective it probably isn't making games any better either. logically a developer wants to appeal to the most people possible, since you're a hardcore capitalist (anti-communist) you should respect that.
After all Art is just a commodity.

Attached: 1547782937114.jpg (261x308, 19K)

>dabs on all the plebs
/ourcripple/

Agreed.

But all I have is this Succy

Attached: 1552311765292.jpg (1000x1000, 737K)

>f BREAKS IMMERSION.
games aren't movies you low iq gorilla

Attached: 1553996536586.jpg (406x384, 32K)

Miyazaki games have been getting progressively worse since the first Dark Souls.

>get shit on Lady Butterfly about 20 times
>finally learn her attack patterns, shit on her first form in 2 minutes without getting hit
>constantly lose on the second form trying to dodge all the butterflies because the camera gets hung up on a wall
It's always dumb shit like the camera or broken hitboxes that ruins these games.

Attached: 1554118168991.jpg (764x472, 350K)

Why do I have a feeling that the middle one has a dick?

>Miyazaki games were EVER good

Attached: kumagawa2.jpg (210x240, 10K)

sucy is good too dont feel bad

here have part of another one of my constanze commissions for your trouble

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.17.04 AM.png (1045x633, 254K)

Sekiro already has easy mode as the default difficulty, hard mode can be accessed by ringing the demon bell.

git gud.

So basically I'm playing a game about an everlasting struggle to push past hordes of undead and demons.

but instead of fighting demons and undead monsters I'm sitting here looking at numbers and statistics trying to maximize poise and stamina to defeat a specific scripted enemy.

quality game play.

Roberto works in Spanish, no?

>No communist ever made the argument that they want to make everybody poor.

Forcing everything to be owned "by the people" usually involves the abolishment of ownership rights and personal property. So yes, they want to make everyone equal, and that means making everyone poorer.

>Wanting a video game to be easier doesn't make anybody a communist that's silly.

It's the same destructive mindset that everything must be equal.

>Maybe they work hard at a job, and just paying for the game is enough effort, and they want to live in video game fantasy world and have fun and relax.

This does not mean every game must be rewarding merely by buying it.

>Objectively your philosophy isn't making developers any more money, and since gaming is subjective it probably isn't making games any better either. logically a developer wants to appeal to the most people possible, since you're a hardcore capitalist (anti-communist) you should respect that.
After all Art is just a commodity.

I respect the value of an item on the free market is ultimately determined by those who wish to buy it.

It's a niche game, a hard game, and you want to destroy that niche for some misguided attempt at "Fairness"

Like a communist, you know fuck all and just want to take from people.

That looks like a very nice commission.

Attached: 1552337092631.png (762x559, 180K)

>Why do I need to judge and value my choices of stats and gear in an RPG!

Are you buy chance a fucking inbred?

Just leave and come back later. You have no obligation to go through the whole Hirata sequence when it's first available. By the time you get more gourd seeds and prayer beads the damage they do will be trivial and you'll be skilled enough to dodge them anyway.

they all do and akko has the biggest one by far while constanze has the smallest. sucy is in average.

thank you. hua drew them all for me. hes very good at constanze.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 2.22.44 AM.png (1223x530, 190K)

I think we should go easy on games journalists guys.
Imagine your dream is becoming a famous film critic, or a journalist for a world renowned newspaper covering politics and asking hard-hitting questions to the president.
But then realizing you're in debt and your degree is useless. Imagine having to lower yourself to playing and reviewing toys for children. You were meant for so much more but here you are being forced to play some dumb game made by disgusting Japanese perverts that you can't even beat the tutorial off.
You've been trying to shove politics into every article you write for the glorified blog you work for but that's still not good enough and they keep asking you to waste your time with these toys when instead you could be sending the dumb orange man to jail with your in-depth investigative journalism.

I think it was a bit cruel for the game to start you like DS2 with only 1 estus, it would've been better like in DS3 where you start with 3 charges.
It's not like you even get many opportunities to heal during your first mini bosses.

Other than that, the difficulty is pretty much perfect.

>Get paid for talking about video games all day

Sounds fucking amazing mate.

>Dude like, why isn't it like a dramatic movie and stuff?
>*Bong rip*

In all fairness yes, that is to an extent the appeal of these games. That is why they are niche.

Maybe it's just not a style of game you enjoy? Nothing wrong with that.

What is silly is demanding changes to a core feature of a game series when. You don't seem to understand the appeal of said series to begin with.

I'm not even trying to make a "git good" argument. It's just that different people enjoy different things, no?

So your first argument is describing the outcome of specific policies, it's not an argument average communists actually make.
They don't run around saying "everyone should be poor" like the other guy was implicating, they run around calling for equality, which at face value is not a bad thing.

Letting people start a race at the same starting line is not a destructive evil mindset.

adding an easy mode doesn't diminish the game for people who want to play it how it was intended. nobody is forcing them to play on god mode. They are just triggered by other people having fun without being challenged.

Making a niche game and bringing it into the mainstream is the goal of all corporate entities.
They want more people to buy their product you idiot.

You hate communism and yet you don't understand capitalism.
Something getting mainstream success is the ultimate goal in a free market.

ez mode is on by default, it's a charm kuro gives you early game, if you want normal mode, you just give it back, if you want hard mode, you give it back and ring demon bell.

>Getting killed in one hit by shitty hitboxes and annoying traps is core gameplay

god you people are autistic.

Dark souls isn't for me, it is for a niche audience. it's for a niche audience of mentally retarded autistic manchildren.

good bye losers

You deserve a git gud comment.

Why act like such a dick my dude?

Nothing in the souls games kills in 1 hit if you're full health and not severely underleveled for an area.

>Not every game has to cater to you, cis scum.

Also the same people.

>All games has to cater to my non-existant skill level, cis scum.

>Communist lies about Communism and then fails to understand the Free Market.

Value is attached to demand you pinko tranny. For something to get mainstream it either has the appeal or it adapts to fit the meanstream demand.

Niche markets exist because they do not want to fit to the mainstream demand and have their value weighed accordingly with those who find value in the niche.

There is no "Goal" in a free market other than to sell your goods at the highest value you can provide.

And as for your gaslighting of communism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

The FIRST FUCKING LINE OF THE WIKI

>A socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state.

In short, your arguments are faulty because you're trying to force a niche game to not be a niche game and somehow determine because it is a niche it's a bad idea.

Not everything is designed for everyone and fuck me, not everything SHOULD.

The solution is simple, just add an easy mode but do what games used to do and put a stigma on it. Call it 'Gay As Fuck Journalist Mode' or 'I Cannot Handle A Challenge', 'Don't Make Me Learn', 'I'm Very Fragile'. The choices are endless.
Make being a scrub mockable again.

I unironically think this is a good post.

having an easy mode is fine

Name a single reason why an easy mode is worth the effort to code.

Why would adding an easy mode add value to the game, when it inately has the niche of being a challenging game?

Are you implying games sell more without their niche? Because this is the logic that brought us Anthem you fucking retard.

The point of the game is overcoming the challenge. Removing the challenge is removing the mountain from the climb.

Me too and I unironically also enjoy From Software games and other hard games. People just really hate the idea that other people might like the things they do and derive enjoyment from it in their own way, the same way Yea Forums gripes about how everyone only likes anime "ironically" now.

Why would this be the case If it's as challenging for them on easy as it is for us in normal?

No, people just find it pointless that every game needs to be dumbed down for the sake of people who were not interested in the niche to begin with.

You know, not wanting the EA treatment?