What exactly is the appeal of Dark Souls but without the options and replayibility?

What exactly is the appeal of Dark Souls but without the options and replayibility?

Attached: Dnjx7_0VsAAu_vi.jpg_large.jpg (1080x1349, 127K)

it's a decent adventure game with decent combat and satisfying challenge. You don't need to dumb 100s of hours in every game. I played sekiro and got 14 hours out of it and enjoyed most of them. I actually finished it while I can't get past the intro of most kusoge.

I still don't understand the appeal of Fromsoft in general.
All of their games are painfully mediocre.
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Hit
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Dodge
>Hit
>Dodge
>Hit and kill animation
Wow what an engaging experience.

Attached: 1501184258848.png (500x500, 128K)

Started with artorious of the abyss, before then bosses and enemies were actually engaging and you were supposed to outsmart them with gimmicks instead of memorizing roll and punish patterns.

I still don't understand the appeal of *game* its just:
>mechanic
>mechanic
>other mechanic
>mechanic
wow, what an engaging experience

>why would anyone enjoy well working and rewarding gameplay and controls, the things that most matter in a videogame?

But what's the point in playing Sekiro over Dark Souls?

Because not everyone is looking for a game to replay 10 times

I don't understand the appeal of any games in general
>Thing happens
>Thing happens
>Other thing happens
Wow, what an engaging experience.

Most games have more then two mechanics you actually have to memorize.
Anyone who thinks these games are remotely hard are retarded and likely have shit motor skills and short term memory loss.

It's engaging because all the moves you're dodging have different timing and hitboxes. You have to learn each enemies moveset before it becomes "easy". Sekiro manages to make the combat even more engaging by introducing special moves that need to be dodged differently. If you don't think this is the case please tell me what game you think has more engaging combat

I wanted a break from slow Souls combat that only requires you to roll and press R1. Sekiro has some actual nuance to it.

ebin strawman bro

Right back at you "bro".

It's actually balanced in single player.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne suffer massively from fake difficulty.
>you have limited stamina
>enemies have infinite stamina
>you have limited poise
>a lot of enemies have infinite poise
>ranged is a necessity
>ranged is also broken and OP
>dodge rolling can still be grabbed despite i-feames
>dodging is perfect in Skeiro

Basically it's Dark Souls without the "lolz here's 50+ weapons and like 15 upgrade pathsnad nad and and you know like lagand shit since fuck optimizing"

the combat is infinitely better

did you even know what a strawman is?

Do you?

keep posting these faggot, surely someone will agree with you!

Attached: 1553946309882.png (850x653, 78K)

Bump

it's worse actually

Attached: 1504671783340.png (640x360, 238K)

It's got better combat and a more unique setting. I still find the combat to be fairly lacking for an action game. Once you figure out the deflect there isn't much to learn. Very few of the prosthetic or combat arts add much if anything to the combat. The stealth is surprisingly underdeveloped and boring as well, I really wonder why it's even there other than just feeling like they had to put it in since it's a game about ninja. It feels like a good proof of concept but it needs more work.

no charm ng+'s are better replayability than anything other soulsbornekiro games have to offer

>over Dark Souls

You can play both, dumbshit

combat is much faster paced and more satisfying
don't need to worry about fucking up my build or missing items or anything like that
I can actually get into the gameplay and not get bogged down by being a gearfag like I do in every RPG I play