OpenMW = good Skywind = shit

Come Nerevar, friend or traitor. Come.
>There are people out there who unironically want Skywind more than pic related

We had a nice Elder Scrolls thread yesterday. Let's keep it going.

OpenMW is a complete engine replacement that mimics Bethesda's tools 1:1. This means better mods, multiplayer and even allows pissed off Fallout/Elder Scrolls fans to make their own standalone "Bethesda open world" games and release them at retail to compete with Todd's games.

Daily reminder that the only thing Skywind is good for are the assets that'll be ported into OpenMW to use in Morrowind proper. Who would want Morrowind but with Skyrim's dumbed down mechanics and scripting functionality?

Attached: openmw logo.png (800x645, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CVHus2St9VE
youtu.be/Au1M-z0apGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oWPAGuPsQ4A
openmw.org
youtube.com/watch?v=KPzIPzXU4l8
youtu.be/CxSxosSvdXg
youtu.be/Ftwn8ZUXUCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>openmw will never see a final release just like TR

Attached: 1525357646755.jpg (708x480, 37K)

Why do you say that? Only thing that's left is shadows, post processing, some minor mod incompatibilities and autistic bug fixing.

Attached: openmw fog 2018.png (1024x640, 952K)

openMW is fucking wonderful can play the entire game now go check it out

When's the next TES3MP update

Attached: 1531075677881.jpg (200x200, 17K)

Since we had this exact thread yesterday, so I'm going to post the same reply.
The whole argument is irrelevant because skywind is probably never coming out. The project is too ambitious for a fan project and updates have slowed down to an absolute trickle and the entire thing is an unoptimized mess. At this rate it'll be lucky to be out in a decade. The only reason I wanted Skywind was for a better lighting engine but I've recently found out how to tweak MGEXE to give it proper lighting. Now main thing I want out of OpenMW is some better animations.

Attached: Morrowind 2018-07-29 23.19.53.jpg (1920x3252, 1.53M)

never
fuck you

NO, FUCK YOU

Attached: 1515161467589.jpg (600x600, 137K)

>skyrim
>good lighting

Wasn't it a part of 0.45? I'll ask David next time he's online if it wasn't.

Honestly Skyblivion seems like a better project to keep an eye on if you're that desperate for a never-ever project to follow for the next few years. Their goals are less ambitious than skywind and a lot of the work can be ported straight over. Plus they seem more competent at reverse engineer stuff like attributes and spellmaking back into the skyrim engine.

Attached: tqhaqq9503l21.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

how possible is it for somone to port openMW to working with other TES games?

Guys they've made it possible to port NV to OpenMW. Imagine a 64bit, stable and bug free engine.

Attached: 1553117231844.png (640x480, 267K)

links? linux version?

youtu.be/CVHus2St9VE
youtu.be/Au1M-z0apGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oWPAGuPsQ4A

It's in its infancy but it's definitely happening and once OpenMW 1.0 is done most of the work is already done. I give OpenNV 2-3 years.

Not yet. Linux version does exist though. openmw.org

Attached: TES3MP 2.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

I'd be more interested in this too, somehow they made the Oblivion engine even worse then Morrowind, and although you can mod the shit out of it and make it look decent there are too many things that you can't really fix properly that really bug me about that game.

Also, the idea of Oblivion in Skyrim is more appealing to me than Morrowind in Skyrim. If they both manage to release, Skywind will probably be something I play once or twice and then just play OpenMW instead, while Skyblivion could become the better way to play oblivion.

There's nothing official yet, just a few videos of cells from other games working on OpenMW. I can't see why expanding OpenMW to more games would change linux compatibility

fuck yes i will watch this closely and see where it all goes these will bbe betterb than the other attempts at5 ports someoen should bug bethesda to release the engine source code just point to dom and how much ghood its doen for that game

Well thank fuck they've been working on it for about ten years and there was a period about 5 years ago when I was constantly checking their site for updates.

I definitely agree that we'll be seeing Openblivion really soon and we'll be using Skyblivion's assets to make it look prettier.

If you want to check out OpenMW now, here's my mod loadout which adds Cyrodiil, mainland Morrowind and Skyrim with tons of content.

It's great.

Attached: ModOrganizer_QpNDAiQMu5.png (648x651, 47K)

>OpenMW
>OpenOB
>OpenF3
>OpenNV
>OpenSK
>Hell, maybe even OpenF4 and OpenTESVI

The future is fucking bright

I just wanna play Morrowind with updated textures, models, animations, and fixed bugs. What should I be looking into?

How is Distant Land in OpenMW? MGE XE has absolutely spoiled me by letting me see Ghostfence from anywhere in the game

That's the least interesting thing about OpenMW though user. Having all those pissed off Fallout/TES fans now having the ability to make their own games with their toolset?

Get fucked Bethesda.

This is with Tamriel Rebuilt+Skyrim+Cyrodiil visible

Attached: openmw distant terrain.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

>talking shit about Yea Forumslivion
old Yea Forums would had visited your niggers in your hoses and murderraped all of you for talking shit about it

that can be fixed by activating fog and lowering the draw distance, even ESO got morrowind's "fog" right while MGE went full retarded

Attached: 22330_20190320010154_1.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Whatever happened to Skywind? I remember hearing about it in like 2012 and then it seemed like they had already got the Vardenfell ported, only missing assets and quests.

This is without fog. Combine it with some nice fog and water shaders and it'll be great.

Attached: openmw fog 2018 1.png (1024x640, 1.06M)

youtube.com/watch?v=KPzIPzXU4l8

Is it just the terrain still? Not much point if things like buildings aren't visible imo.

You're not seeing buildings because there aren't buildings over in that section of Tamriel Rebuilt yet. It's a bad screenshot.

They just added an NPC simulation slider so you can see NPCs from incredibly far distances now too instead of them fading into existence right before you're able to see them. This means eventually you might be able to develop mods where there are roaming factions fighting over territory and traveling merchants.

Attached: openmw fog 2015.jpg (1024x640, 91K)

I've explored the MW mainland pretty extensively in TR, having Cyrodiil and Skyrim as well is pretty insane really. In a good way obviously.

Its still going, They want everything to be 1:1 accurate and updated to the Creation engine instead of a quick port.
They update their media pages and streams regularly along with Skyblivion.

Didnt this project start at the same time as Skywind? I'm not believing they will ever finish it until I see it

Skyrim and Cyrodiil actually matching the lore description is really something.
youtu.be/CxSxosSvdXg

Far more interesting than what Bethesda shat out
youtu.be/Ftwn8ZUXUCI

iirc Skywind was mostly ported from Morroblivion

Attached: province cyrodiil 3.jpg (1680x1050, 343K)

Very nice. I think the last time I checked it out it was just the ground that was distant, while things like buildings and trees faded in like normal. Concept Art Ghostfence + Greater Dwemer Ruins + far distsnt land = PEAK atmosphere. Having that great evil looming over you at all times is great. I hope someone makes a mod that gives Dagoth Ur a constant red blight haze, so sunny fogless days don't look as strange. Maybe even distant weather, so you can see far-off storms.

Holy shit, I'm hyping myself up too much, I wish I had the knowledge or the time to maybe learn how to do these things myself.

>iirc Skywind was mostly ported from Morroblivion
That may have been the case in the start, but I think Skywind is using pretty much all custom assets by now, or at least they're planning to.

Tamriel Rebuilt is so fucking good

Attached: old ebonheart.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

Skyblivion is easy to port user, but they need to update Oblivion Art Assets to skyrim.
if you ever see a Oblivion vanilla armor in skyrim like the Imperial dragon Armor on the steam workshop, its ugly as fuck.

atleast the beyond skyrim team is doing the same as them and updating the assets and art.

Even Kirkbride admitted that jungle cyrodiil was stupid and fit better with Black Marsh.

Who the fuck cares about Kirkbride.

Kirkbride isn't Julian LeFay so what good is his input? I like Kirkbride but he's fan fiction just like everybody else outside of LeFay and Petersen who created the fucking series

Attached: OE13.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

>Caring about Jungle settings

Whats your favorite:
>character
>faction/guild
>quest
>custom spell
>enchanted item
>did you jew Fargoth or did you give his ring back like a good outlander

Attached: Chadgoth.png (819x670, 672K)

I just don't think that anyone's input (including Kirkbride and Todd Howard) is worth anything. They didn't create the fucking series. They didn't design Nirn. They've added to it and those contributions have been good or even great but who are they to redesign a fucking province?

This was LeFay's map for TES Chapter III by the way

Attached: TES Chapter III Map.png (643x768, 909K)

I dont trust in anyone named lefay, comics and mists of avalon taught me that

God I wish we got LeFay's Elder Scrolls III
All we needed was one more game to iterate on what worked from Daggerfall and it would've been perfect and a far better candidate for modding than Daggerfall is at present.

Attached: TES Chapter III Sketch.jpg (627x751, 110K)

this shit looks like something out of a 90's x-men comic made by jim "garbage" lee

TES used to have a very 1980s metal aesthetic and that was part of the charm

All of it are still canon, but let us admit that following this style for too long can fuck with your game's art design
Just look at Warcraft, once the retards at blizzard came to use JoeMad's Battle Chases style for WoW in TBC, the artstyle started to look bad.

Agreed. I'm glad it was elevated out of the art style, I just wish it didn't regress (in my opinion) in gameplay.

If TES kept iterating on what worked with Daggerfall and expanded on the procedural generation and maybe downsized to 200-500sq miles instead of 50,000 square miles I firmly believe they could deliver a great game worth playing even with the same audience they have today.

Imagine a Daggerfall-inspired sequel with today's procedural tech and budget.

Attached: TES Chapter III.jpg (1200x1521, 398K)

Morrowind with mods is starting to resemble this (significantly downscaled of course)

Attached: map as of 2019.png (768x768, 212K)

Openmw can load skyrim now too. Nothing really works, but it can load up the areas.

LeFay's TES Chapter III was going to be 1200 square kilometers. Still too big in my opinion but a significant improvement over Daggerfall's 50,000 square kilometers.

Attached: bethesda map size.jpg (1187x5423, 1.16M)

Pathetic. I just played Daggerfall for the first time last week and now I understand why Daggerfall fans see Morrowind as a downgrade

someone has to be a an utter retard to make this image out of seething and dont learn that even for its time, Daggerfall was a pain in the ass with the procedure generated map.
>sees that it was made on codex

Also, the all endings are canon happened because no pc's from the time would tank A fuckhuge morrowind map, which players would quit fast.

morrowind is an upgrade because it actually functions but it's a downgrade in ambition

Daggerfall functions fine too. Have you even played it?

It was the best selling game of 1996 and people loved it and were extremely excited about the sequel until it was cancelled because Todd Howard wasted all their money on Redguard, a game no one wanted because he said "being more like Tomb Raider was the future of the series". Stop being a revisionist.

Attached: julian lefay.jpg (300x225, 14K)

>Daggerfall functions fine too. Have you even played it?
i like daggerfall but the fact that you fall through the geometry so fucking often makes it a flawed game

Maybe the project started but I think it only kicked into higher gear 2-3 years ago. They said once the quests are in place they'll release and everything else will be post-release content. I'm really praying it doesn't get stuck in the "yeah nothing works and the game runs at 4fps in towns but we've remade this cave entrance for the 8th time and it's really pretty now" mode Skywind is.

Attached: DvDT_KIXcAATD5W.jpg (1200x576, 111K)

amazing. hopefully they will add Black Marsh eventually

Julian shut up...

what is the status of the Dawnguard during TES III?

Stop pretending that you actually give a shit about OG TES on the grounds of its setting. TES was a generic fantasy setting slapped together for an obscure PC RPG. If it hadn't been for Kirkbride and Redguard/Morrowind, nobody would even think to talk about TES lore. Every real Daggerfall fan I ever talked to who played the game back in the day was a huge grognard who loved stats and thought writing was for faggots.

Gone. They were destroyed way way long before the third era.