Gabe said in 2017 he wanted to release hardware and software together like Nintendo does and he said that they now have...

Gabe said in 2017 he wanted to release hardware and software together like Nintendo does and he said that they now have that capability.
The Valve Index is coming out very soon which means VR Valve games, will it be worth the weight?

Attached: 1553813614256.jpg (591x639, 98K)

>VR
no, it's shit
fpbp
/thread

you forgot to add based

VR is a dead meme.

>/thread yourself
yikes and poorpilled

What an embarrassing post. The sad part is it would've actually been a fpbp if you didn't get so underaged at the end.

Attached: 1553981337942.gif (500x408, 736K)

Attached: Pirates VR.webm (1280x720, 676K)

VR is a fad, it's over.

Attached: Blockhead Joe VR.jpg (557x432, 53K)

So many poorfags, so much salt.

Who the fuck but rich basedlets care for VR

Why does the guy on the left give the other guy a high-five? Shouldn't he be helping?

Who wouldn't high five his bro? Means the game works perfect.

imagine being this poorfag

I couldn't even if I tried. It's like rats talking to each other, it's quite amusing.

Attached: hitler VR 2.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Attached: spike spike spike.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Artifact VR

Attached: sairento motion sickness.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

lol

This unironically looks really sick.

VR games could just be played on a normal monitor and are not worth the dosh until this changes

Yes. HLVR is Half-Life 3 VR. It's just the project name for the VR port. The only bits which have 'leaked' are those which needed specific work to bring into VR making use of the Source2 'UI' layer which is shared with the other games.

I think HLVR will be a prequel to HL3 or prequel/interquel that happens along side it which they can tweak any writing or plot in prep for when actual HL3 comes out.

HL1:source expansion where you play as a scientist and do boring scientist stuff as an intro to vr and calibration.
FULLY MODELED

Attached: 25_by_mishai_dd2rp9v.jpg (1160x736, 425K)

Rumor says it's a pre-sequel during the seven hour war, I have no idea where this rumor comes from so it's probably a meme.

There has been such an avalanche of bullshit since index was announced. Everything that wasn't on steam at some point is a meme and not worth repeating.

Attached: Dodgeball.webm (700x442, 2.93M)

I could play dodgeball just fine in real life with a $20 dodgeball

Attached: 1553995152581.png (509x758, 171K)

Why not play IRL it for free?

Attached: gaben VR.jpg (1330x530, 145K)

I doubt you've ever dodged a ball in your life, you fucking faggot.

Attached: virtualrealityramza.jpg (1024x795, 91K)

Ah yes. Nothing says immersion like pointing and clicking

I could never get the point of VR that involves having to physically move.

Like why would I ever want to play Skyrim and have to swing my sword every time for the 4 plus hours paly through, but on the flip side why would I want VR if I wasn't gonna mimic each individual action

Attached: blade and sorcery 1.webm (898x1072, 2.88M)

I would love a dramatic as fuck overly ridiculous vr cardgame with meme physics and shit
Actually use your catapult tortoise to destroy the moons flotation ring or whatever that shit was

d-d-d-duel?

I could play YuGiOh just fine 20 years ago.

I could play Artifact just fine 1 year ago.

calm down this is an night-time slow thread. you're not gonna get any bites.

damn...vr really is dead....

Artifact definitely wouldn't fit that bill.

Attached: lapdance.webm (1920x1080, 2.39M)

I don't own a headset yet but if it's less than $300 I could see it finally bringing VR into the mainstream. Plus it's a pure Valve product without HTC input so who knows what crazy stuff they'll do with it

I'm not willing to give money to Valve, in fact I started pirating because of Steam.

>$300
now that's just pure wishful thinking

No, this should be an actual highend product. A fucking upgrade to what we have like they state on the page.
If you want poorfag shit for 300 or even 200 at times then get WMR.

I mean the Vive is only $500 and people are saying it's still way too expensive

It's expensive for what it is: an outdated piece of shit with horrid build quality and price gouging everywhere.

Omegalul

bump

Some WMR headsets cost that much and they don't even include external tracking like the lighthouses, sometimes not even controllers.

Vive actually has really fucking good build quality. It is amazingly ruggedized. It just has one critical defect in the wands that shitty lazy HTC won't fix.

It is pretty obsolescent, today. The screen resolution getting left behind was totally natural and unavoidable, but the fact that they never added the DAS as standard is a fucking disgrace and sums up everything you need to know about HTC. Likewise that they sequestered SteamVR 2.0, a set of upgrades which is almost entirely about reducing cost, to their absurdly overpriced 'prosumer' version (which is really just the mid-cycle upgrade the original Vive should have gotten).

Attached: space channel 5 VR.webm (640x358, 1.75M)

/threading yourself should be bannable