Japan gets Punch-Out on the Switch NES online server despite the game being in English

> Japan gets Punch-Out on the Switch NES online server despite the game being in English
> The West doesn't get Joy Mech Fight despite being in Japanese

Why is Nintendo like this? Nips get a game on a language they most likely won't know, while we get fucked over.

Attached: D3MciGfUcAAVApA.jpg (964x1200, 147K)

you can download the famicom app anyway so who cares

Japs get special treatment. They got exclusive Splatoon DLC as well.

No matter where your account is based, you can download and play the other region's Famicom/NES app

Attached: 1390573228613.png (161x195, 44K)

are you implying punch out was never released in Japan or something

Every Japanese student begins learning English formally in Junior High School, and it will start in elementary school in the next few years.
They don't know English well, but they all learn it and can recognize at least some of it.

Sure, but since the game is never released in the West, that means Sukapon will never be in Smash due to Sakurai not wanting to but Japan-only charactes in the game.

2 (TWO)
R
O
M
S

>Sakurai not wanting to but Japan-only charactes in the game
L U C A S
U
C
A
S

Attached: 1553066073589.png (500x775, 84K)

FUCKING GAIJIN WHY ARENT YOU BUYING OUR YEAR LONG SERVICE FUCK SMASH BROS

you're a nigger op

The first Punch Out in arcades was released in 1983 in Japan, and 1984 in US and Europe. Punch Out is a Japanese game

Only got in because he wasn't aware Mother 3 was going to be Japan-only

Marth and Roy was Japanese only and still appeared in in Melee at the time.

It is stupid, but it's entirely in English.

Was originally only going to be in the Japanese version, but was left in the international versions due to positive feedback from Western playtesters

Their version ends after Super Macho Man. They never got a replacement for Tyson.

>change region to japanese on your nintendo account
>download from the japanese eshop
wow so difficult

Attached: note- growlithe died on the way back to his planet.gif (352x403, 2.84M)

>Lost Levels will ruin the perfect rows of rectangles with its square shape
I hate it.

Attached: 5ba92f0dde956013478b456d-750.jpg (750x422, 125K)

> Imagine thinking you made a valuable purchase paying $20 to get dripfed two 32Kb NES ROMS every month.

This is such a shitty idea in practice, but in concept it is fun.

Punch Out is a japanese game though?

Maybe they'll fill in the rest of the space to complete the rectangle, doubt it though

They'll probably just resize it so it's the same height as the other covers.

Attached: famicom-full-game-list-stitched-e1549489136698.png (640x813, 1.15M)

Tell the west to stop adopting Californian laws as the whole country and then you'd get some games ported from other countries.

Got anything to back that up other than your ass?
It's been standard MO that we always get less games than Japan for any virtual console.

>Nips get a game on a language they most likely won't know, while we get fucked over.

A lot of early Famicom games were written in English due to space constraints, and having 26 English letters was a lot easier than having even just the katakana. So unless the game is full of paragraphs and paragraphs of complex text, most Japanese won't be bothered by it.

I did it because 6 other people chipped in so we could race and beat each other up online. But yes, the whole NES Classics idea if fucking horrible with how slowly they release more games, and the VC was better in every way anyway.

Based Japs putting Western fags in their place

>old nintendo
pic related
>nu-nintendo
thanks for the money, dummy!

Attached: 1544635902843.jpg (1080x302, 70K)

Iwata dies, so does this practice. Please Understand

The Japanese are used to English, they see it everywhere in Japan and most Nips have basic English skills. Very basic, but still. Heck, they're so used to seeing English in everything that they've called Japanese localizations that completely translate EVERYTHING to Japanese unnatural. In the western world however, most people don't have the ability to read Japanese whatsoever, and they're used to total localizations. If Nintendo released a game in Japanese on the English application, people would call them lazy. So these are probably some reasons as to why this situation has arisen.

They had no problem selling games in Japanese on the Wii Virtual Console though.

But in that case the buyer knows exactly what they're getting, an untranslated game, and still wants to buy it anyways.
This is Nintendo offering games as part of their service, there are different expectations, like being able to play the fucking game properly.

Did they? In the American and/or European stores? I didn't know that, and I'm surprised to be honest.

Oh, that's totally reasonable that they repl-
>Instead of replacing it, the Americans get fucking nothing.
How about they stuff it up their ass. Give the consumer choice.

People were expecting to get 3 games per month, but that didn't stop them from delivering on that expectation.

Yeah. They were pretty much just games that could be played regardless of language barriers such as platformers.

Attached: ClT6GjWUYAADJoX.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

Because fuck you whito piggu
t. Nintendo

Oh right. I completely forgot about Rondo of Blood. I even played that version.

I asked a Nintendo rep about the 3 game thing, and he basically said "Nintendo never promised 3 games a month ;)"
He also did say that Startropics shouldn't have been put onto the service, since that requires looking up a solution on the internet.

>caring about nes games on modern console
yikes.

>SP version of a golf game
What do they do, start you on the green?

Like as if 90% of NES games aren't cryptic as fuck. Better to have it on there than not. I'm fairly certain anyone playing that service has access to the internet, in fact it's literally impossible to play it without it.

Yeah, this. I was playing Fire Emblem on the Switch and the lack of a turbo function was the worst part. I was just trying it out though, the version I intend to actually play is the DS version.

The amount of money SONY makes from PSN is more than what they make of actually making games.
Let that sink in and think can any publicly sharing company possibly survive without following industry best practice.

Pretty sure the justification is that Punch-out got an official japanese release (though I believe it was extremely limited, don't know) while shit like Joy Mech Fight never did.

Bullshit either way but there's a reason my burner JP account finally got some use by downloading the japanese version of this crap.

They could have just added an extra sentence in StarTropics description about the code.

How? It tells me I need an online sub.

You need to be subscribed on one account.

There's nothing wrong with having NES games available it's that they don't offer anything else that is the problem. That and they barely have any NES games on top of that.

you know punch-out was a japanese game first right? it was all english in japan because a lot of early games were for various reasons. just look at the legend of zelda's japanese opening as an example.

Attached: introj1.png (256x240, 2K)

punch-out was released in japan you literal dumbshit. did you notice the jap runes on the fucking cart.