BORDERLANDS ON EPIC GAMES STORE

NOOOO WHAT THE FUCK!!!??

WHY WOULD ANYONE DOWNLOAD THE EPIC CLIENT AND PLAY GAMES ON IT!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1919x1064, 1.8M)

why would you ever want to play redditlands to begin with?

Attached: memelands.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

you were just going to pirate it anyway incel

I already bought it. Suck my dick, Yea Forums. Steam is trash and so is Valve.

Well, I guess I'll have to see how good the Xbox edition is. Either that or wait half a year.

Just pirate the damned thing. Borderlands has always had LAN functionality and you can play with your friends through that using programs like Hamachi or freelan

I don't want to buy a Randy Pitchford game.
Feat. Anthony Burch.

Attached: randy bitchford.png (600x247, 81K)

It's the forced exclusivity. True competition would have been to offer it on both platforms, but epic knows the only way people will use their platform is if they have no other choice

also, the spyware. Free Tibet!

Is the pc version FINALLY going to have splitscreen? Scumbags removed it from the pc versions last times around.

Nah fuck that shit.
Valve have sat on their asses doing nothing so long, so its nice that epic games have actually had to make them get off their pile of gold so as to fight some actual competition for once.
Dare I say valve might actually start making their own games for steam again.

When will people realize that when greedy companies are competing with each other, we are the winners?

valve is lazy, I'll give you that

enjoy your offline play and cloud saves

>le "valve does nothing for their 30% cut"-meme

They targeted PC gamers. PC gamer.

This doesn't make Steam have to do anything.
Nobody is getting mad at Steam for Epic Buying out timed exclusivity. They are getting Mad at Epic because no matter what the fuck they put on EGS nobody wants to use it.

Its true though, literally what have they done in the last five years except continuously making steams UI worse
I don't even use their client, I'm just happy that something's actually challenging the stranglehold valve has held for so long on digital downloads, hopefully resulting in them actually making games exclusive to their service again

>literally what have they done in the last five years

Certainly more than Nintendo, Sony and Mircosoft have done to earn their 30% cut. Continuously updated controller support is nice, Proton is amazing if you're a Linux user, and the new multiplayer API they're releasing for use in both Steam and non-Steam games is great for devs

I wonder to what degree the Epic shillery is fueled by schedenfreude on the part of consolefags who've grated at the PC Master race meme for far too long

Steam drones are pathetic

its a good thing i don't care about borderlands then

This tweet never fails to make me angry. What the fuck is Hobbygrade and Meta-growth in regards to the game

Burch hasn’t been in Queerbox for ages

>literally what have they done in the last five years except continuously making steams UI worse.
So a service has to continually upgrade everything they are doing instead of just making their service work?
Steam Hosts servers for the games on it. Manages their transactions and tons of other bullshit.
Epic doesn't even have download from the client. You use it like fucking Kazaa and Limewire for downloading games. Epic may only take 12% of the cut but they also don't help the game flourish in any fucking way.
People claim Epic is Anti Consumer and Pro Publisher but it isn't even fucking Pro Publisher when games go there to die
At least Steam supports the transactions, Forums, Mods, Reviews, advertisement, and countless other shit Epic doesn't do.

Controller support and improvements to a operating system no one actually uses ?
Granted that API is a nice little thing but does all that stuff sound like great achievements for five years to be spent on ?
I don't see how having no competition at all is worse than having one (that is admittedly annoying with its timed exclusivity).

>I don't see how having no competition at all is worse than having one

I can. Games on Epic's store will never be sold on third-party distributors because they already take too low of a cut to give away free keys to publishers like Steam does (so no more cheap games), and Epic's buying of exclusivity has now signaled to all other storefronts that it's an acceptable thing to do (so let's look forward to Origin, Steam and Uplay buying up exclusivity of games they have no development hand in)

>I don't use it so nobody uses it
Really?
>but does all that stuff sound like great achievements for five years to be spent on?
Innovation tends to dwindle over time. Especially when you are at the top and keeping up with the countless other systems the services already provides.

How many of you are actually going to buy a gearbox game and why do you not feel ashamed for doing so?

Attached: 1554301277158.jpg (640x640, 82K)

Holy cringeola, what the fuck is wrong with Steam droneolas?

Attached: gugc.png (640x484, 76K)

Attached: LeSteamDoesNothing.png (1241x735, 430K)

>innovation tends to dwindle over time especially when you are on top
Making competition a good thing as it promotes innovation to pull customers back again.
And no, literally nobody uses linux, except for those who enjoy playing TF2 because its the only game that works on that piece of shit.

sauce on the giant knockers?

Keep your slutty mouth shut. You don't speak on behalf of anyone.

>Making competition a good thing as it promotes innovation to pull customers back again.

No matter how much Valve 'innovates' Epic will still be capable of moneyhatting exclusives. There is zero actual incentive for Valve innovating in response to Epic's store given how they're going about growing it

>Controller support and improvements to a operating system no one actually uses ?

This dumb nigga doesn't even know what we are talking about. We all playing chess but this nigga eating beans.

>except for those who enjoy playing TF2 because its the only game that works on that piece of shit.

You really don't know what Proton is do you?

Well. You can't bitch at Gearbox and 2k over Twitter and Youtube because they delete or entirely ignore your posts.
You have to make a Botnet account to get access to Epic's forum to bitch at them for a single post and get banned from the forum but not the botnet.
Only reliable place to bitch at 2k/Gearbox/Epic is the review section of Steam right now and anonymous images boards.

>sorry my positive review is epic exclusive for the next 24 months
That's pretty funny though

Attached: 1534317279038.gif (200x154, 942K)

Why people pretend that they're scared of Spyware when you have the Epic Games Store already? How do you do to play Fortnite?

Attached: 1445762145726.png (499x499, 19K)

Its not like im pro epic, I understand that it's a bad business model.
But either way I'm happy gabe Newell has acknowledged he has to get his companies flabby ass moving in order to squish this potential threat before it can take off.
Say what you want but epic games DO have the power to fight steam head on unlike origin or uplay ever did.

Sing with me Yea Forums.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Epic isn't competition. They are taking the New ball the teacher put out for recess home with them and not giving it back until they flunk a grade.

I wish they would fight head on. That would result in things I want. But they're spending tens of millions of dollars just to take away my choices. So fuck them. They'll never see a rusty cent from me.

As seen by Steam has never stopped moving it's flabby ass,
Epic is not competition. They are attempting a hostile take over and everyone is looking at them like the retards they are.

Their not taking the choice away, YOU are.
You could literally go right now in under 10 minutes, download the client and purchase whatever game you wanted to play on there but you don't want to because its a minor inconvenience.
Granted its annoying having to use multiple platforms to play games but no ones stopping you from playing those games but yourself.

Why would anyone play fucking Borderlands?

Just here to remind you that having brand loyalty is autistic as fuck.

>epic games DO have the power to fight steam head on
Then why aren't they? Fighting them head on would be developing games for their launcher and making the launcher better.
Not Buying other developers games after they are finished and forbiding them from releasing them anywhere else while keeping the botnet.
That's not head on. That's Scum tactics.

NOBODY LIKES A FAGGOT

Attached: 1486349618416.png (554x568, 365K)

Knowing Steam is better than Epic's store and everything about Epic's store is a negative for consumers isn't brand loyalty

They are taking my choice away you pedantic wank stain. I want to purchase the game on the platform that gives me the most options and services. That choice is clearly not Epic.

Stop misrepresenting the argument. This is not people complaining about having to click their mouse a couple of times. This is a faulty line of logic because it's a true strawman argument. Stop using this argument. If Epic were selling the games alongside Steam nobody would be complaining about anything at all, so OBVIOUSLY the presence of a second launcher is not the fucking problem. The problem is Epic is making sure you can't buy games anywhere else. That is very literally taking the choice away. Do not try to argue the point like you have been anymore. It's getting really god damned old.

the stench of reddit is all over that franchise regardless.

I could. And If I did I would have 4 log in attempt emails daily from some people in china and a launcher that is so shit I wouldn't doubt it is slowly filling my Computer with virus'. But then again.
This isn't a choice. It's a Ultimatum. Either buy it from EGS and get your info stolen. Or Don't buy the game at all for 6 months.
That's not a choice. That's two terrible outcomes nobody wants. An Ultimatum.

nice window resolution you fucking chink marketer

>Certainly more than Nintendo, Sony and Mircosoft have done to earn their 30% cut.
all of those companies, even microsoft, have actually made their own games over that timespan. gabe just sits on his fat ass all day counting his money.
don't get it twisted: steam isn't as bad as the tencent store, but it's still pretty awful.

now Yea Forums will pretend it always hated borderlands

People wouldn't even be having this issue if it was on GoG or open to all platforms.
It's only because Nobody wants to touch Epic with a 10 foot pole.

Its not scum tactics, its business.
It may seem cheap but buying up those exclusivity contracts with game developers provides incentive for their userbase to grow and profit to be generated and its done with the sole purpose of challenging steam and trying to take away from its user pool.
Depending upon how many games they do this with, the more likely it is they'll become a serious threat to valve.
Just because they aren't developers themselves doesn't mean they aren't fighting head on and if the actual developers end up getting paid a shit tonne anyway for the exclusivity their already happy as the game already returns a profit, no matter how badly it sells.

Does epic have family share like steam?
Feels so nice to share my 400+ game library with close friends all over the world
if they don't have something as simple as that I don't see myself ever using them for more than parpnite

Attached: 1528598523709.png (409x409, 180K)

There has always been a large portion of Yea Forums that didn't find Borderlands entertaining. Acting like these people are somehow new or this opinion is contradictory for the sake of shitposting is bullshit.

No, its you preventing yourself from playing and then throwing a baby fit.
Simple as.

No but you can share your account with Xin Lao and Yi Guanping.

Im buying it on epic and will also be buying outer worlds on epic. Period

classic Yea Forums hated redditlands because it was a cringefest of a game that got viral marketed.
neo-Yea Forumsedditors love redditlands because it reminds them of rick & morty.

ok

>T. Zhou.

Attached: chingchongbingbong.png (786x585, 221K)

You're wrong. You're intentionally misrepresenting the argument because you have no legitimate argument. It's been clearly explained to you that this is not a matter of needing to use a different launcher. It's a matter of Epic trying to force the customers' hands by taking away their choices. Nobody would be complaining if it weren't for the exclusivity, so you should acknowledge that the exclusivity that is the problem people have; not the negligible inconvenience of using different applications. People use different applications already because there are a lot of different stores and launchers already. But nobody is complaining about those stores and launchers because they're not forcing exclusivity. Ergo exclusivity is the problem; not the launcher.

If you want to continue this discussion you'll need to address this point. Ignoring it just proves you have no argument.

classic Yea Forums majority liked the original but hated the sequel from what I remember

Not pirating it and i dont give a fuck what platform im buying it from, i dont epic store any worse then uplay or origins

Epic Games' EULA

4. User Generated Content

Any content that you create, generate, or make available through the Epic Games store application shall be “UGC”. You hereby grant to Epic a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise exploit your UGC for any purposes, for all current and future methods and forms of exploitation in any country. You may not create, generate, or make available any UGC to which you do not have the right to grant Epic such license. In addition, you may not create, generate, or make available any UGC that is illegal or violates or infringes another’s rights, including intellectual property rights or privacy, publicity or moral rights. Epic reserves the right to take down any UGC in its discretion.

Attached: 1554073535812.jpg (500x279, 15K)

Exhibit A He sure as fuck wasn't just sitting on his ass.
Could you stop sucking Epic's dick for 5 mins and think for a second?
>provides incentive for their userbase to grow and profit
But nobody wants to fucking download the fucking Launcher so it benefits nobody. Epic had to straight up fucking lie about having 400 million EGL users when the real number was something along the lines of 37 Million. Most of which just downloaded the fucking thing for the free games that they then deleted because of the bot net.
>Depending upon how many games they do this with, the more likely it is they'll become a serious threat to valve.
More like threat to themselves since nobody will buy a game on the service and they will be forced to not only pay the Publishers the money to force them on their platform but also the money they owe for not meeting production cost. Which is written in their agreement
So if a game doesn't reach quota. Epic pays the Publisher because nobody wanted to buy the game.
They ain't fighting head on. If they were they would be trying to do what Valve does but better. Instead they are doing what Xbone did with Tomb Raider. But worse. Because they are going to pay the publishers twice.

Why does Gearbox support gamer genocide?

Epic Game's EULA

8. Indemnity

This section only applies to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are prohibited by law from entering into the indemnification obligation below, then you assume, to the extent permitted by law, all liability for all claims, demands, actions, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs and expert witnesses’ fees) that are the stated subject matter of the indemnification obligation below.

You agree to indemnify, pay the defense costs of, and hold harmless the Epic Parties and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, and other representatives from all claims, demands, actions, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs, and expert witnesses’ fees) that arise from or in connection with (a) any claim that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of this Agreement or negligence by you, (b) any act or omission by you in using the Software or Services, or (c) any claim of infringement or violation of any third-party intellectual-property rights arising from Epic’s use of your UGC or Feedback. You agree to reimburse the Epic Parties on demand for any defense costs incurred by the Epic Parties and any payments made or loss suffered by the Epic Parties, whether in a court judgment or settlement, based on any matter covered by this Section 8.

Attached: 1554065463570.png (681x821, 929K)

no one on Yea Forums is generating content made available through the epic games store so this literally doesn't matter at all

In Short they can take any mods or content made by you. Claim it as their own and remove yours while getting paid for it?
That's literally criminal.