made contract with demons to gain immortality

> made contract with demons to gain immortality
> tried so hard for 200 years to get rid of demons
> falls to the greatest depth of depravity in attempt succeed
> got so far with only 1 final demon alive
> suicides to save her friends
is liliana's character arc retarded? why so much struggle if in the end it didn't even matter?

Attached: 4dfa3d.jpg (1682x704, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5xgJ2B2wO0
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183874443768/so-is-the-wanderer-a-planeswalker-thats-already
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183900683328/can-you-confirm-that-fbltp-isnt-the-wanderer
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183882618283/i-just-wanted-to-let-you-know-that-the-brilliance
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183880001413/how-many-colossal-dreadmaw-can-we-expect-to-see-in
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183883332998/mark-can-you-explain-to-us-what-all-the
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183878849378/with-spoilers-up-is-it-true-that-the-wandered-is
mythicspoiler.com/war/cards/nivmizzetreborn.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally who

It's only one thing and I don't know why

Character from Magic the Gathering. Latest set of cards had a trailer to go with it that uses a cover of In the End for some reason

Best girl Liliana

youtube.com/watch?v=u5xgJ2B2wO0

Attached: ha5dvkukzob01.jpg (1080x1527, 143K)

Card games have stories? Why though?

Why does Liliana even care about rando civies getting rekt?

Shitty character, like majority of nuwalkers, everyone only ever cared about because Lilliana of the Veil is one of the strongest Planeswalker cards ever made. If WotC is smart, they'll end this retarded Avengers ripoff after this set

>liliana turned into a crispy critter
thank god, now vraska and jace can have cute 1/2 human 1/2 snek babbies

Attached: 1518140675599.jpg (894x894, 151K)

Reminded her of her and her brother, from what I've picked up

from that thumbnail I thought she had a curly 1950s hairdo

>be pre-planeswalking Liliana
>banging all the chads in her daddy's kingdom and being a spoiled ultra THOT
>bro gets sick
>turns to evil to save him and get's condemned to exile for it
>fuckeveryoneexceptforme.png
>be fulfilling final contract to gain immortality and ultimate power
>sees sister and brother civilian get rekt
>ohshitthatwasme.jpg
>decide to turn gud

Attached: e097bd701070676edb8b4ce9633f880c61e94780_hq.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Liliana is hot no doubt about that...

But she is no Avacyn.

Attached: 1554315143563.jpg (1700x1500, 209K)

wizards of the coast can make pretty cool universe but they can't write a character to save their fucking life, there's like 4 planeswalkers that are actually interesting and none of them are the ones they always push

>with only 1 final demon alive
They are all dead, retard

There are a few good stories in the overall MTG universe and all of them are now like 10+ years old and back when planeswalkers were infinitely more powerful than they are now.

>be walking in graveyard for a smoke
>sees pic related
what's the correct move here?

Attached: f4a3.jpg (1200x710, 512K)

Why does she look like a literal tranny now?

Attached: lili.png (459x639, 590K)

based retard

>punchable enchantments

WotC has no fucking creativity, it's literally just the Theros gods. Even the new amass mechanic is retarded because one kill spell or even a bounce spell and it's gone.

The picture makes her looks really mannish, it was the same shit with lavinia looking like Tim Curry is some of the art. Oath of liliana is peak performance

Have sex

For me It's latina Liliana

I wonder how it would be like to have sex with liilana after her 200+ years of thottery experience

Attached: 2988ugoqkuo21 - Copy.jpg (2882x2253, 1.52M)

What astute and totally unbiased examination of a blurry jpg

to get people to pay hundreds of dollars to pull their favorite character, at a 2% rate, of course

Two words: pelvic obliteration

Bad writing. The narrative required her to turn on Bolas and the writing wasn't good enough to have actual character development or an arc so we get a sudden 'oh whoops, I wasn't a centuries old selfish cunt after all!' epiphany out of nowhere.

She's gaped by demons, it's be like putting your hotdog in a hallway

>multiverse-threatening plot going on around you
>have a Top 10 Anime Battle instead

Attached: D3PgappWAAAmjxE.jpg:large.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

but her body doesn't age or get damaged, so all the gaping heal over time

Duel Decks Liliana is the best one.

Forgot pic teehee

Attached: 6a3a12f406de5a66c3b9a6e31b8a4da2.jpg (862x1200, 174K)

based Nahiri
onions Sorin

Based Sorin continues to be the only PW worth interest

Because you have to keep the players who suck at the game interested somehow.

You don't need an HD picture to notice her manface, wide shoulders and no waist. That's just a man with implants.

Attached: whoa.jpg (768x767, 112K)

>all the other sorin arts have him look moody and foreboding
>now he's fucking pissed
can't wait for nahiri to come down with a sudden case of running-into-a-centuries-old vampire

Attached: sorinvengefulbloodlord1.jpg (265x370, 46K)

she wants to be free so she can finally get married!

Attached: 1546444648554.png (1000x1200, 802K)

Is there any indication of sex at all in MTG?

wait is it canon that liliana have intercourse with non humans?

Attached: lilfull.jpg (1460x1938, 378K)

>ywn get to unlace liliana's thigh high boots and smell the aroma of her perfectly pale feet

Attached: 1554239832289.png (383x385, 45K)

she only has sex with blue dorks (jace)

Attached: 1546444648547.jpg (750x1020, 230K)

nah, she's lusting after Gideon now. Jace is in love with a snakeface

this kind of pathetic sentiment in writing is very prominent with leftist story tellers.

>im-fucking-plying that she hasn't been stringing him along for years now

>uses a cover of In the End for some reason
Oh my god I thought you were joking but it really does, what the hell.

Did she dieded?

its the current year you bigot
i bet youd like pic related back huh ?
fkn white nationalist your time is over

Attached: liliana1.jpg (1282x686, 157K)

>tags: purification
stringing him along to help her out, sure, but they've actually fucked a few times

Attached: 1547772058903.jpg (368x568, 75K)

I preffer my rat waifu

Attached: Wallpaper_InkEyesServantOfOni_1280x960[1].jpg (1280x960, 313K)

Damn, so anyone know what the fuck does Nico Bola wants??

Does he just want everyone dead or something?

I want a pure liliiana gf so bad bros

Attached: 1546919263678.jpg (432x525, 79K)

he wants to eat everyone's sparks so he can become an Oldwalker again.

He wants his old planeswalker power back. To do this it seems like he's attracting all the known or at least close planeswalkers to ravnica so he can rip their sparks out and eat them to get said power back to do ?????

See, if her backstory had happened a month to a few years ago I'd buy this. But it happened centuries ago. She's a pre-mending walker, the entire reason she's contracted to the demons in the first place isn't because of her bit to save her brother, it's to restore her to her pre-mending power level.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. She's too far in to give in to sentimental bullshit like this. This is even more out of left field and out of character than Nissa not being an elf supremacist, especially since Liliana's character was much more well established.

Attached: 1533768102349.png (579x264, 59K)

I find Liliana's character arc stupid and hilarious. She sold her soul to demons for eternal youth, killed them to cheat the terms of the deal and keep the eternal youth only for the contract to default to biggest asshole in the multiverse

All the while a easy as shit and inexpensive way to gain immortality that was readily available in her own home plane(Dominaria) all she needed to do was drink the temporal time water from the ruins of Tolaria just like Jhoira did

Attached: smug irish dog.png (858x718, 482K)

Look, I don't think you've taken the time to appreciate just how FUCKING PISSED Nahiri is.

LOOK AT HER. SHE'S FUCKING RED NOW. She is PISSED.

Oh yeah that's right, I read something about that.

Could anyone oppose his shit, or they're all dead or baby-first-walker??

I'll never forgive them for killing my husbando. Gatewatch has been the cringiest shit they've ever wrote, hope Bolas wins.

Attached: Td112_venser.jpg (620x403, 96K)

Ugin, maybe. Or Jace pulls some bullshit out of his ass again.

Its classic story telling you autistic retard

Fucking cringe everytime Yea Forums tries to talk about MTG. Go back to Yugioh and stay out of my game

Attached: puzzled_cat.jpg (600x450, 35K)

Temporal time water doesn't just grow on trees. You gotta get it from Tolaria, and in order to do that you gotta be lucky that Tolaria exists while you're trying to get to it, because Teferi is kind of a dick like that.

Not sure why that cunt was buttmad; my nigga Sorin tried to explain but dumb cunt couldnt bother to listen. Then stupid woman just fucked my nigga's shit up for absolutely monkey shit reason.

No, it's literally up to *The player* to stop him.

Shame *the player* is probably on Bolas's side.

Attached: 1539905657415.jpg (265x370, 42K)

Ajani was able to btfo Bolas by himself. Bolas is powerful certainly but for the most part, all the nuwalkers and oldwalkers brought to that level of power are on the same playing field. It's entirely possible.

Yeah but every planeswalker that gets defeated before the super duper friends form up for realsies this time adds to Bolas's power.

They should've made this set into an RPG.

>need to make a new japanese plane because Kamigawa has no blacks in it
The absolute STATE of wotc

I actually like Bolas and play Grixis in everything, but I don't think he's walking out of this one

>literally has a (very powerful) promo card printed with the title "Liliana's Triumph"
Are you sure she's suiciding and not just realising this is her one and only chance to be free of the pact with demons that defaulted to Bolas?

she's just another Umezawa come to BTFO Bolas again

No, dude. It's not a japanese planeswalker. It's you. Literally you, the player.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183874443768/so-is-the-wanderer-a-planeswalker-thats-already

Also don't forget that a single regular human dude was able to kill Bolas at full old-walker power

Attached: me3-179-tetsuo-umezawa.jpg (672x936, 166K)

well they released a Ravnica supplement for D&D, maybe they'll release an adventure to go with it.

Nobody that was actually around during Kamigawa legitimately likes that plane. The Kami war was a great concept, but the set itself was so fucking terrible and there's not a lot of places that setting could go at this point.

He'll limp out at the very worst. They're not killing him.

>Eldrazi defeated/imprisoned again
>Bolas defeated after this
So can we finally go back to nice, comfy, episodic planes again that don't have EPIC MARVEL AVENGERS storytelling in them?
He's just bullshitting

>markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183874443768/so-is-the-wanderer-a-planeswalker-thats-already

HMM BUDDY I WONDER IF THAT DATE HAS ANY SIGNIFICANCE

look at the date on that, user

But there's already another Umezawa running around and they are not a planeswalker or plot relevant

Attached: ugly chink.jpg (672x936, 220K)

An actual RPG, not a tabletop game.

No, next we have to take out New Phyrexia. As Kruphix foretold.

Wow I didn't realize classic storytelling was utter reformist trash. Don't talk about writing if you don't know shit about it.

Attached: 1538206156964-lit.jpg (324x271, 16K)

nah, get ready for New New Phyrexia, Return to Kamigawa, and Return to Return to Return to Ravnica

Its fucking Emerakul you retards

That's actually Emrakul in human form.

What you mean the date the fucking card was revealed and everyone was asking questions about it???

Attached: 1528768724739.png (600x450, 457K)

It's amazing how every single post ending on exclamation marks is trash, with zero exceptions.

it's clearly Avacyn

Story focuses on the plane and its inhabitants, with planeswalker stuff either being minor background shit, or completely non-present > Story focuses on the plane and its inhabitants, and one or two planeswalkers have prominent roles in the story > Story focuses on planeswalkers, but they simply act as individuals with their own agendas, and they mainly interact when those stories happen to overlap for whatever reason > Mighty Morphing Planeswalkers

>Could've made it a WUBRG or colorless walker.
>Nah (you) are white, even though that been the least popular color for the majority of MTG's existence.
>You're also female that wears salmon and teal.
>And a weeb.
>Fuck (you).
t. Kikewater.

Next is New Phyrexia with Karn going full nuclear since his excuse for not joining the Jacetice League is that he's too busing prepping to nuke New Phyrexia off the face of the multiverse

>So can we finally go back to nice, comfy, episodic planes again that don't have EPIC MARVEL AVENGERS storytelling in them?

New Phyrexia

The shoulder armor and the general shape is identical to the Emeria statues.

WAIT, is that Linkin Park?

That doesn't look like a moon to me

Attached: 1530041712697.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

>make a mysterious character
>just reveal their identity casually, not even on the official site

>Emrakul
>Using colored mana
>Protecting others from Bolas for no reason
>When (s)he's trapped in a fucking moon

It's a space station

>Dack is fucking dead
>Nahiri and Sorin are doing full on brawls in the streets while the world collapses
>Tibs is doing Tibault things
>Ob is torturing randos
>Teyo is probably fucked
>Gideon is going to kill Bolas with the Blackblade
>Lilly decides to betray Bolas knowing it will kill her and after she dies the eternals will return to their previous targets
>Eternals are stealing sparks
>Fblthp goes full meme
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

and the colored mana and effects are identical to Avacyn and the Helvault

That's no moon
Bolas wants to kill everyone, Emrakuul wants to "bless" everyone. She doesn't want the multiverse to blow up.

Some things revealed on April Fools are actually true but said with the intent that people expect them to be lies, user.

Wizards is going all out since the Bolas arc is ending in this set

Literally nothing else on it is the same. She doesn't even use the same weapons.

lead up to the reboot: the block

you forgot

>*linkin park playing in the distance*

>White mana all about unity
>Emrakul literally says she wants all things in the multiverse to be one
>Already has the ability to project her form across the multiverse

Pic related is Mommy Emmy in the middle.

Attached: bfz-245-shrine-of-the-forsaken-gods.jpg (672x936, 297K)

Doesn't look like he killed him very well though does it.

>going all out
>only three Mythic Planeswalkers in a set with a bajillion Planeswalkers

>Blackblade
I've missed out on the lore in the last few sets, what's so important about the Blackblade?

hahaha the mental gymnastics involved in that post
>"no the absurd post he made on april fool's day is actually true because he wanted you to think it was just a joke and surprise you"
just admit it buddy, you were the april fool

Read OP's post again

A lot of the non-mythics are at least decent. I'd rather the game turn towards weaker walkers than the Hearthstone-tier shit we've been getting for years now.

Bolas was a old-walker at the time, dying was literally just a minor setback he can sleep off

Blade used to kill an elder dragon.
Apparently its cursed or some shit

Is red/green a good deck I have the green starter deck with the black? bitch with the magical bow and my local card shop has a red green started deck with someone named the Shitty Masher or something in it

I know that it might be hard to remember back then, seeing as how you were 5 years old and all; but Kamigawa block was loads of fun to draft and the setting was excellent.

People look back on Kamigawa poorly because the power level was so low and we were just coming off of the absolute shitshow that was Mirrodin block. Standard (and Extended) were both completely fucked and Kamigawa was full of parasitic mechanics that made it difficult to incorporate cards from it into kitchen table decks.

The limited environment is still excellent though. I never played block constructed (and unlike you I'm not willing to bullshit some made up shit about a format I never played) so I can't speak to that.

it took him a while, though. And he had to wait for another Planeswalker to wander by first.

Attached: fblthpthelost.jpg (265x370, 52K)

She’d only marry her brother

gib redeemed liliana gf

Attached: da3ada.jpg (598x347, 72K)

elder demon mate
yeah some dude forged it ages ago by killing a load of people as sacrifices for it (including his own son) after some planeswalker promised him godhood for it
then gideon and liliana found references to it on dominaria from belzenloks cabal so they used it to kill him

>what's so important about the Blackblade?

Attached: leg-225-dakkon-blackblade.jpg (672x936, 351K)

>I am not a clever man.

YESSSS THAT EPIC REFERENCE I UNDERSTOOD IT :OOOOO

It killed an Elder Dragon, too.

No user, even old walkers stayed dead. Death is one of the very few things that Planeswalkers cannot reverse

oh sick really?
thought it was just a typo dw man we cool

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA NATURE AT

Attached: B2F66C6F-EC16-436D-907B-2218DFB5D9EB.jpg (1200x723, 229K)

Why is Emrakuul so cute?

The madmen actually did it

but Bolas was literally murdered and didn't stay dead

Urza got his head popped off and it was a minor inconvenience.

Wait wait wait, I thought Liliana was on the jacetice league? Why is she betraying bolas if ahe hasn't sided with him for years?

>Here's your Garruk replacement ;^) - Wizards

>Nahiri and Sorin are doing full on brawls in the streets while the world collapses
Isn't that how Secret Wars started out? With Cap and Iron Man trying to kill each other as two earths were literally crashing into each other?

she betrayed them on Amonkhet when Bolas showed up and said YO I OWN YOU NOW after she killed the fourth demon.

I would argue with you, but you illustrated why it was so weak and unpopular, yet you still think it's a good set, so why bother.

I can also tell you that constructed was complete shit and everyone just continued playing Mirrodin. Soulshift was bad, Arcane was really fucking bad and expensive, flip card were fucking AIDS to keep track of, and the "Legends Matter" and "Spirits Matter" theme was just a worse version of tribal from Onslaught because the tribal just wasn't fucking strong.

Kamigawa was bad, and if they ever return to it, the mechanics will be such a massive about-face that it may as well not even be Kamigawa.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
BUT WE SHOULDN’T

Attached: C135BDF5-918F-4B81-9998-4286B1992DA4.png (727x937, 779K)

People only look back on Kamigawa poorly because Jitte exists.

Based gruul retard

If only it was 1 less...

Attached: deathsprout.jpg (265x370, 37K)

>Fights The Man
>by willingly working for The Man

I found it hilarious that both Azorius and Gruul were under Nicky B’s control

I love how Sorin Nahiri is are to fucking childish to see what Bolas is trying to accomplish.

Attached: en_5YaEcvd4cd.png (265x370, 169K)

What how did the contract on her soul go from the demons to bolas? how does that even work?

Attached: liliana3.webm (640x640, 1.32M)

Nah, it's because things where a power level shitshow at the time.
Mirrodin was too strong overall, Kamigawa was too weak overall
So the format didn't change enough from the same OP Mirrodin centric decks that everyone was sick of seeing

Bolas was the mediator for the contract, and added in a rider that the contract goes to him if all the demons die.

She made a deal with Bolas and he pointed her in the right direction to find the demons.

Ass pull where if all the demons were dead the contract defaults to bolas

Why didn't liliana get someone to read her contract what a dummy haha

Look at all those semens heading to the dragon egg.

>make contract with notoriously evil and cunning elder dragon oldwalker
>don't actually read the contract
>wtf I was tricked
Does Liliana have the deepest lore?

>finds nahrii trains her centuries ago
>discover eldrazi, decide to seal them away on zendikar, nahiri's home, because it was particularly good for that purpose (ley lines or shit?)
>promises to come back and help nahiri if there's ever trouble
>doesn't, cause her call never makes it to him, possibly because the helvault he made ran interference
>she finds him and demands an explanation
>'I don't owe you shit'
>feud begins

I love sorin, but he could have smoothed things over with a 'my bad, senpai'. Instead he completely rebuffs her and seals her in the helvault with all the demons that got imprisoned on innistrad. That aside, I totally hope he kills her anyway.

I'd just blame Nissa desu

>mountains
>is actually Esper

Lmao nice reddit theory asshat. Rosewater came out and said that "The Wanderer" is us, the player, as a planeswalker in the story.

The first major story of the game involved an omnipotent planeswalker conducting a multi-generation eugenics project to breed a superhero, as well as setting his best friend up with a wife so that the child he had would fall in love with the superhero and then die at a critical moment so that it would power him up with grief and rage.
also much later on some of the characters have romances.

I mean, Lilly is a roasty who’s motivation was literally “I don’t wanna turn into a ugly old hag now that immortality isn’t part of the basic planeswalker package”, so it makes sense she didn’t bother to read the contract and think she’s smart by cheating herself out of the terms of the contract she didn’t read

Liliana is literally a roasty getting toasty

on April Fool's

>they make the player self insert terrible
im not even surprised.

Wasn't she dying of old age?

This. They're sanitizing everything and making them less and less interesting as time goes on. Nissa was actually pretty interesting as a racist elf who constantly made shitty decisions. Sorin was great as a guy who was too old for this shit and struggled to maintain balance between his honor as a vampire noble and his love for his home plane now he's "evil vampire man bad because he didn't respond to a pager fast enough" and also locked a woman in a coffin when she woouldn't leave and attacked him which also saved his world.

Actually Sorin is the only interesting one they have left other than Ajani who is a fish out of water turned noble heroes champion.

I hope all the cardboard cutout self insert rangers die and WotC learns a lesson to stop doing bland as shit generic nobodies to fill diversity and self insert quotas. They won't though.

Yes, she was an oldwalker and only went for the contract with the demons because she no longer had immortality.

Show me where they stated it was a joke.

Sadly there's no way in hell they're going to kill Jace, King of the Blandness.

Oh nice, guess the blind bastard managed to thrive even after he got shafted and dumped on an alien world after all. Good on you Toshiro!

I mean that, she wasn't literally dying of old age when she met Bolas and made the contract? She was an elderly crone IIRC.

Show me where they stated it wasn't.

user technically we're all dying of old age very slowly.

Is jace asian?

Attached: d12b1074ef7b988b8f806ff36297035d.jpg (720x960, 86K)

It blows my mind that people defend Jace. He feels like he's supposed to be an everyman, but he's not. He's this sniveling little shit that uses cheapshot magic to get through every situation that he's in and never has to fess up to anything.

Yeah but her's seemed immediate, is what I'm try to say. English is not my first language so I keep making typos.

Yep, it's actually been know for a really long time too because of of his descendants appeared on a card before he did.

Attached: leg-262-tetsuo-umezawa.jpg (672x936, 316K)

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183900683328/can-you-confirm-that-fbltp-isnt-the-wanderer
Wanderer cant be us because the wanderer is fblthp. Who is also the theme of the set markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183882618283/i-just-wanted-to-let-you-know-that-the-brilliance
Along with common dinosaurs markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183880001413/how-many-colossal-dreadmaw-can-we-expect-to-see-in

Oh and the war of the spark is over chocolate torte
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183883332998/mark-can-you-explain-to-us-what-all-the

You have to be majorly autistic if you think he wasnt joking when he said we were the wanderer

>He's this sniveling little shit that uses cheapshot magic to get through every situation that he's in and never has to fess up to anything.
sounds like your average mtg player

Jace is the physical embodiment of a charisma void.

Burden of proof lies on you good buddy. The post was originally made claiming that The Wanderer is representative of the Player themselves. You stated that it wasn't because of April Fools. So I'm asking you where your proof is since you're stating this isn't the case. Otherwise, you simply lack any actual evidence to prove what Mark Rosewater said isn't true.

Nice cherry picking. You haven't proven anything.

Weak =/= unpopular you mouthbreather. If powerlevel was the only thing that players gave a shit about then Legacy would be more popular than Standard. I can't believe I have to literally repeat a previous post but maybe you'll actually read it this time:
>people look back on Kamigawa poorly because the power level was so low and we were just coming off of the absolute shitshow that was Mirrodin block.
The biggest problem with Kamigawa was Mirrodin and that Mirrodin ruined standard and extended.
>everyone just continued playing Mirrodin
No they literally didn't. Mirrodin remains the single greatest instance of players quitting the game en masse. It was a bigger fuckup than Chronicles and that was what led to the reserve list.
>Whenever you cast a Spirit or Arcane spell is the same thing as a tribal block that was all about having permanents in play.
Ok retard.
>Soulshift was bad
>Arcane was really fucking bad and expensive
>flip cards were fucking AIDS to keep track of
>"Legends Matter"
You could have just said "I've never played a game with Kamigawa cards in my life" and saved yourself so many words. Soulshift is an interesting mechanic, Splice is great, and "Legends Matter" wasn't a theme because it was on a total of something like 4 non-rare cards.

It's also good to know that you are literally too retarded to 'keep track' of flip cards. Do you also have difficulty remembering whether that die is a +1/+1 or a -1/-1 counter?

*sip* Now Khans....that was a block!

She was literally making deals with demons. It's not hard to imagine that there is gonna be a catch somewhere down road. She just didnt know that this road had been paved thousands of years in advance by a power hungry dragon who's plans span millennia

Khans was shit. The last good block of magic was New Phyrexia/Innistrad followed by Lorwyn.

he also confirmed Fblthp is The Wanderer
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/183878849378/with-spoilers-up-is-it-true-that-the-wandered-is

where the hell is everyone reading all this lore shit?
I thought wizards of the coast stopped making books after lorwyn.

>"THINGS ARE NOT COOL! THEY ARE NOT GROOVY! I AM TRYING TO KILL YOU AGAIN USING THE SURROUNDING CITY ITSELF SORIN!"

Except that is clearly a joke. Nice try though!

>every other post on April Fool's is a joke
>but not this one, because I'm autistic

1) Urza didn't die when he got his head cut off.
2) It was a lot more than 'a minor inconvenience' since he lost basically all of his godlike oldwalker powers.

Bolas was never completely dead. If he was he wouldn't come back. There was some bullshit 'oops, a fragment of his spirit survived and bided its time in the blind eternties' or some other plot contrivance but you will not be able to find an official statement from WotC post-Alara confirming that Bolas was truly completely dead because that never happened.

Says the autist

#btfo

you thought wrong!

Attached: 03fc814f7b18631cd7607938fca2671a.jpg (400x593, 59K)

>itt we take a trailer and assume that liliana died when even fucking dack didn’t die lore wise and we saw him
Die. If anyone dies in war
It will be one of the rav walkers cause they are
Used up mechanic wise

bitch needed a timeout for starting a fight with a centuries old vampire so he threw her in time out because he is merciful. unfortunately he's also retarded because everything in the helivault was still alive and conscious and a few centuries of being surrounded by werewolves and literal demons is going to strain a white aligned mage quite a lot. She's still a cunt though and it was still Nissas fault Zendikar blew up.

>STOP TRYING TO BUY PIZZA IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR FIGHT, SORIN

Because it's fun.

Dack literally got his spark ripped out and died in the trailer

>best girl
That's not Teysa

Attached: tumblr_n0mxahZd7X1ri1r1uo1_400.jpg (400x564, 51K)

Dack is already confirmed for not having a card this set

He dead

All her demons are dead as of Dominaria and Bolas is not a demon.

Her contract defaulted to him because she killed all her demon masters.

Teferi is gonna do some time shit and Niv-Mizzet is gonna be a dragon avatar and save the day.

Screen cap it.

The multiverse they have is massive and filled with interesting races, cultures, and creeds. So naturally almost every single walker is a safe humanoid shape or just straight up human.

No Goblins or Nantuko or any weird shit because fuck you. Have a slightly fish and snake like women instead. Also here's this single furry we sidelined for years before we decided we wanted full bland self insert tokens.

Gives more meaning and flavor to cards, keeps people attached to the IP out of simply playing the game, more merch possibilities, it's fun, etc.

>Weak =/= unpopular you mouthbreather.
It was both though.

>The biggest problem with Kamigawa was Mirrodin and that Mirrodin ruined standard and extended.
The biggest problem was that the mechanics were weak as fuck. Every single mechanic was bad and/or underused, except Bushido. Every. Single. One.

>No they literally didn't.
Yes they did. Please stop trying to rewrite history to spin Kamigawa as a "good" set.

>Mirrodin remains the single greatest instance of players quitting the game en masse.
I want to live in your fictional world. Mirrodin sold like fucking pogs, it didn't matter that tons of shit got banned or some pros didn't like it.

>You could have just said "I've never played a game with Kamigawa cards in my life" and saved yourself so many words. Soulshift is an interesting mechanic, Splice is great, and "Legends Matter" wasn't a theme because it was on a total of something like 4 non-rare cards.
They were all fucking bad. One of the themes of the set was literally pushing "Legends" to the point that we got those god awful Epic spells.

>It's also good to know that you are literally too retarded to 'keep track' of flip cards.
Everyone hated these, so much so that they're never coming back.

You can vomit personal attacks all you want, doesn't change the fact that what I'm saying are facts and you're still wrong.

Attached: 1311444y22.gif (499x315, 481K)

>boob window
HOW COULD THE SJWS TAKE SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT TK HER CHARACTER AWAY!
REEEEEEEEE

Attached: Teysa, Orzhov Scion_GK2.jpg (488x680, 113K)

>embeds your entire bloodline in the stone walls of their family castle, but they're immortal so they're stuck there forever and there's no way you can help or even release them by killing them
>Summon the most dangerous entity you know of to his homeworld to tear it apart too
>All because he didn't respond to your text quick enough

bbc lover spotted
be sure to lock ur tyrone else you'll be raising ur kid alone and he might aswell be the next bundy

Attached: 1550274032564.jpg (500x496, 18K)

fuck i hate they made Avacyn and the other angels go crazy

So... Niv is cloning himself or trying to generate a Spark right? How's my boy Ral doing?
Surely they won't kill off this beloved dynamic duo right? Right?
they have personalities and are interesting, so they're probably gone. But thank god we have bland black ghostkiller lady and bland black planeswalker killer lady left I guess... and jace and chandra. They're all just so fun and well developed.

Don't forget she also made him kill what he more or less thought of as his daughter.

looks like Niv is trying to revive the magical Guildpact and also become the Living Guildpact at the same time

Ral is being a retard and working for Bolas

mythicspoiler.com/war/cards/nivmizzetreborn.html
Niv is guildpact now

>All the while ignoring the elf supremacist that let loose the eldrazi

boob window aside that art is awful

I liked the lore and artwork. Shame Kamigawa died for the sins of Mirrodin. And yet Artifact sets are still hilariously unbalanced. Imagine if Ravnica was the set after Mirrodin, ho boy, we'd probably have Return to Kamigawa already.

Attached: 1524291694852.gif (700x400, 814K)

>"Legends Matter" wasn't a theme
They pulled the same shit they did with Scourge where "Dragon Tribal" was a pushed theme, when there were barely any cards that made Dragons matter. The difference is that Kamigawa pushed a billion god awful legendaries instead of having a few really strong dragons and dragon-themed cards.

The set was HUGE failure, and you sound like a clueless zoomer trying to pass it off as it not being so. It was too slow, mirror-matches were fucking cancer, things like Soulshift and Arcane weren't useful even if you went full spirit, Ninjas all blew dick, Flip cards have nothing to do with memory and everything to do with them being terrible design that ended up creating transform, and to top it all off the cycles it had were fucking garbage.

If you were ACTUALLY around back then you'd know all this and more, but you clearly weren't.

How do i get a chaotic good gf like liliana bros?

Attached: liliana62.webm (640x900, 1.6M)

Niv is dead.

>I unzip my dick

>chaotic good
You don't understand alignments, do you?

Attached: 1553812750835.jpg (720x489, 50K)

"Why are you so mad wh*toid lolol!"

God I hate her. She's perfect. so she and Sorin both will probably die off

>chaotic good
She's neutral/plain evil. 100%. If after War of the Spark she is still alive she'll be true neutral.

Already confirmed that he's back.

Attached: nivmizzetreborn.jpg (265x370, 36K)

Didn't he seal her in the helvault or something because she was mad he wasn't going to help her deal with the eldrazi again

I miss infinity wars fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

kill me

I played a Koko puff deck competitively and had a damn great time with Kamigawa. It was far from perfect, but I had a lot of fun with the block. It could easily make for a great place to revisit, but I trust modern wizards even less than wizards back then so who even fucking cares I guess.

Oh wow that's even less interesting than everything else outside of trying to make the perfect cup of coffee. I'm impressed how dull they've gone with it. But hey Niv wins the brainlett prize since you may as well dominate what small slice of the universe you know exists I guess.

But she's doing a good thing in the trailer

Yes. He was busy messing with magic he learned offhand from her than he didn't really understand in order to have his world not be a giant race riot and she showed up and asked him why he didn't show up when she thought someone maybe knocked at the door. A summons he didn't get because he was messing with the Helvault. So he said things are clearly fine and that he's busy because they are both tsunder for each other. So then she tried to stab him because he was being a bit of a cunt so he threw her into a magic coffin that is a parallel of pandoras box and since he couldn't be bothered to break it and make a new one he just left her there.

It was an age old tale of two retarded cunts being retarded cunts and plays out like a classic greek epic of gods so it was pretty fun.

As of now Nissa is all about the nature and she was never Elf hitler

One good thing doesnt automatically make someone good.
She's neutral.

>bring Niv back
>make him 5 color
>make him even worse than the other cards hes gotten since his first
for a supposed fan favorite they can't stop shitting on him.

>It was far from perfect, but I had a lot of fun with the block.
It was fun for casual play, but going anywhere and trying to play it outside of draft was a complete waste of time. I want them to go back to it, I really liked "Spiritcraft" as a concept, but they'd need to really build them up to make them useful the second time around. It's a 7 on the Rabiah scale, so we're probably never going back either way.

I think he means that alignments dont dramatically shift like that. Instead of being neutral evil she will become true neutral. If she continues doing good then her alignment will slowly keep shifting towars good.

Also, isn't Gideon like borderline indestructible? Like when the Gatewatch got their asses handed to them on Amonkhet the best even Bolas could do was bounce Gideon around like a basketball so he couldn't tank for the rest of the group. So what were a few Eternals going to do?

Attached: 1551743856757.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

All they have to do is make a supplemental product like EDH: Planes edition which is about as far as they'd ever go with it anyway.
Considering its popularity I'm surprised we haven't at least seen a planeswalker from it or at the very least a new Ink-Eyes card in one of the supplemental since that's the only thing people seem to like or remember about it anyway.

>Sorin loses basically everything while still getting assaulted by a psychobitch for not answering a message
>Nissa, who unleashed the eldrazi, doesn't face any meaningful punishment
Knife ears were a fucking mistake.

he all but has "THIS CARD IS MEANT FOR COMMANDER" in his text box

Drown him in a puddle like Ob did until he got bored or whatever and left

Also considering how fun his current iteration can be that's really fucking boring. Has it been confirmed or is there still potential for it to be a fake?

Attached: 1551738178673.jpg (800x750, 442K)

Bolas managed to pierce his invincibility with a single claw poke and then decided to bounce Gideon around because he was bored, not because Gideon was actually a threat

Uh bolas sliced right through his shield like it was butter with one claw without effort.

>5 color
okay
>6/6
sure
>when ~ enters the battlefield, reveal the top 10 cards
Oh God
>choose different color combinations
What?
>Put those cards into hand
It's shit.

he was leaked with the image of all the other planeswalker that weren't spoiled yet and so far every single official spoiler has been correct to it

>Commander
>actually casting your commander if it's not zur
ishygddt

if it's shit or broken always assume it's legit

>linkin park cover
>womeme trying to face Nicol Bolas
laughing ever laugh

Could have been outrageously broken but they bitched out not making it to field

So he's an Isekai protagonist.

>They brought Tibalt back
>Made him a shitty uncommon

Attached: 1552151385728.jpg (531x800, 111K)

i want you NOT to have shit taste desu

When is Garuuk Vorhees coming back and just murdering everyone? This cleansing is taking the fun impact out of that so I'm worried they won't even bother ever doing anything fun with him ever again. Is he in never ever reprint jail because some artist dared to depict him as almost smacking the cunt that cursed him?

better than being a shitty mythic

>Made a shitty uncommon

He's a million times better than his previous card and is unironically being seriously considered for Modern play

They could have, oh I don't know, not made him shitty?

Mark already said they have plans for him and we will see him soon

Uncommon Tibalt is unironically better than Mythic Tibalt. He'll probably see (sideboard) play in standard just because he shits out two 1/1s over one turn that explode when you hit them, and prevents lifegain.

Burn decks want both of those things.

I want a set where there's 2 walkers on 1 card and Jace//Vraska make 1/2 UG Gorgon Tokens

>he shits out two 1/1s over one turn
He doesn't though.

I meant two turns, my bad.

Don’t forget
>nissa’s mistake doesn’t get brought up one bit and is basically scot free

FUCK NISSA

Are we ever gonna get to see "Emerakul the aeons whole" "Kozilik the bringer of truth" And "Ulamog the finite gyre"?
Seriously tho, the aeons torn part makes me think they were once NOT lovecraftian nightmares.

it's already a good as fuck value though (for edh)

Hold on, wasn't the last time we saw Sorin he was sealed inside solid rock by Nissa or something?

>ever even THINKING of betraying Bolas
Its what the dumb bitch gets. Daddy Bolas is eternal.

>best MtG girl
Not even close

Attached: Elesh_Norn.jpg (920x673, 164K)

nah, best girl did that

Attached: 1546444648557.png (563x600, 289K)

you people keep saying best girl without actually posting her

Attached: Thalia_DKA_1920x1080_Wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

>best girl
Neither of you posted Emrakul.

What's Tezz doing? Going back to Phyrexia because his plans keep getting shafted by strong women?

Think she'll ever make a return?

Attached: EN_Elspeth_Header.jpg (1920x1120, 493K)

maintaining the Planar Bridge for Bolas

Sitting in ahmonket holding the planar bridge open so the eternals can march into ravnica.
He doesn't have an actual card in the set because he's technically not on ravnica

Attached: tezzeretmasterofthebridge1.jpg (265x370, 49K)

Chaotic Neutral. She's literally the definition of chaotic neutral.

Attached: cn.png (1324x169, 21K)

probably, she got a promo card showing her Returned form

>walkers being printed at uncommon, something they said they'd never do
This feels like a desperation set

excellent

>37 walkers in one set
no shit

>its trash
poor niv, he must be eternally buttblasted now that he knows planeswalkers exist and he's a normie stuck on ravnica, and he's going out with a shitty card to boot.

Attached: 1537936356691.png (568x454, 367K)

DOM sold like crazy because of uncommon legends, may as well try again.

>desperation set
>mtg is on it's biggest curve since the 90s

based retard. DOM is a desperation set

I mean, there's 30+ walkers in the set and each pack has a guaranteed walker in it

How else were they gonna do it? To give them credit I actually like how uncommon walkers only have a -loyalty ability and Rare walkers have a a single + and a - loyalty ability

>werewolf mommy comes back
>shitty uncommon
this set is desperate, impressive, and disappointing

What's so good about this thot?

she's a good church girl who fucks up your enemies' mana curve and will always be loyal even in the darkest of nights

>nufags arguing over who best girl is when this hot hottie still exists

Attached: Red-Hot Hottie_UNH.jpg (488x680, 150K)

There's a theory that the Eldrazi are oldwalkers who got stuck in the blinding eternities

>end of 2019 in arena
>standard plus begins
Thoughts? Excited? Scared?

Attached: 1552555451629.jpg (480x360, 52K)

it's just going to be "Modern" but only going back to Ixalan or whatever

theres a card with literally two monkeys fucking in the back bruh

Attached: sexmonkeys.jpg (312x445, 74K)

>Thalia will never keep you warm during the hard Innistrad nights.

Jace slays pussy
Chandra is a dyke
Garruk fucks animals
Sarkhan fucks up timelines
Feldon is a cuck

So not modern at all, dipshit

how to get a thalia gf bros?

Attached: tumblr_nrs4nsVYFu1qdyuyno1_r1_1280.jpg (800x1046, 73K)

that's why I put it in quotes, retard

Keep the faith and be an all around good guy.

Sorin is a dumb edgy self insert. They should of just killed him. Nahiri was more interesting.

>self-insert
>constantly getting shit on, beaten, and losing things he cares about the most
Must be some kind of masochistic suffering porn then.

Have Chandra/Nissa fucked yet? They were obviously going in that direction, but I checked out at Amonkhet. Is NIssa still autistic?

Nissa fucked off because Chandra was creeping her out and also not an elf.

>le stronk womyn
>lonkin pork
>retarded mtg sjw shittery
puked in my mouth a bit

>my game
do no fret for your dying toxic trannies garbage is yours to keep, mr madame