SEKIRO HELP THREAD

Sekiro Help Thread.

I'll start:

Hello again anons, it's the user who's been having input lag (and now, another) issues.

I'm playing on PC, with a wireless XB1 controller. 1060 card. Windowed mode. I have anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 second input lag. Some notes on this:

>THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN SEKIRO, NOT ONE OF THE 387 OTHER STEAM GAMES i OWN EXPERIENCE INPUT LAG (including the Souls games and even Nioh - I just tested these out last week) - it's not the contoller
>I've tried several graphics options in Sekiro, no change
>I've tried a few options in nVidia Control Panel (like turning VSync OFF) - no change
>an user last week suggested changing resolution from 1440 to 1080, so I tried this - no change

One of the last things I tried actually fixed input lag: changing to fullscreen (again, via Sekiro). That worked. No input lag! However, going fullscreen has caused a completely different issue: I'm guessing due to the HDR mode that gets enabled in fullscreen, when I closed out of Sekiro I found that all my color setups on my desktop/windows were all jacked up. The color/contrast/brightness/gama/etc were aaaaall off, and I had to spend a good 20+min readjusting my color setup. After, just to be sure it was Sekiro and not some ghost nVidia update, I reopened Sekiro and closed it - all my colors were jacked up, again.

SO. I've been waiting patiently for a patch to drop, no luck. I've been posting here and other boards, no luck. I've been searching forums and posts all over the web for this issue, no luck. I'm not playing wired when I haven't had to for ANY other game, and I'm not playing in fullscreen when that jacks up my display. So, I'm boned.

If anyone else has had this experience, at least the PC input lag, and has genuine, actual help/advice, I'm all eyes. Otherwise I'm biding my time for a patch. And if one doesn't come (or it doesn't fix my issue(s)), I'm gonna bite the bullet and just got by a different version. In the meantime, I'm playing through Nioh.

Attached: 362564564.jpg (1200x514, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerdvr.com/gamer/vantavia/video/72110524
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966561/finally-a-fix-for-the-games-changing-the-color-profiles-/
twitch.tv/videos/404976749
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bIbOFAjm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know you've posted the same description for ages now. Perhaps you should just buy it on console or something else? I'd rather these threads started out blank.

Anyway about to fight Guardian Ape for the first time, any pointers?

did you try the nvidia forums link some user posted at the start of the last thread? no results? it was an issue with nvidia and HDR not the game itself IIRC
but some guy in that thread posted a solution

How do I get past this snake I'm trying to get the fruit in the monkey poison valley that the old rice lady mentioned

>asking tech support on Yea Forums

fuck off retard
>windowed mode
85 IQ

Play him like a darksouls boss, occasional deflects

Second Phase is where you deflect

I know it's a bit of a meme at this point, but any tips for Lady Butterfly? I don't have too many issues dealing damage to her, but when I deflect her combo she always ends with an attack that knocks me on the ground, then flings around and causes the lock on camera to fuck up. I was able to get past it, but I had to use 3 Gourd uses to do so, so I opted to Idol out before she came in to attack again because I knew I wasn't winning the next part.

I know the second phase is similar with the illusion gimmick thrown it, so chances are once I can win the first half with enough ease, I won't need to worry too much about the second one.

just learn to play with the input lag retard

Got the Stone after beating Corrupted Monk 1, why can't I teleport to Kuro?
Also I beat O'rin semi-honest, backstab then good ol' posture war.

To the left drop down, use puppeteer ninjitsu on a cowering monkey, monkey distracts snake, grale nd get into the house

Do you have Ashina style and the posture skills that come from it? If not look those up and do some grinding, she was easy once I found a way through her posture

I do have the style, have I havent invested any points into it yet.

I found a way to cheese her but not sure if it's 100% consistent. If you attack her once then dodge to the right, you'll get her stuck in a loop of one of her single swing attacks that you'll dodge every time and slowly whittle away her health. This worked in both phases for me.

>having more trouble with Tokujiro the Drunkard than I did with Genichiiro or Snake Eyes Shirafuji

Story reason, just enter the castle via abandoned dungeon idol.

Ill try that out if I get desperate. Im a casual shitter, but I want to at least try to fight it "properly."

Holy fucking shit, lads.
I just beat Genichiro and the game fucking clicked hard. What's the recommended path after Ashina Castle?

I highly recommend it, another user told me the same and it helped immensely.
Also use shuriken when she springs off her wires and she'll drop like a rock, but don't toss them when she's perched as she'll block them

I hate divine confetti mini bosses. Why do they force one to grind in this game. I want to kill headless(mist area). Do i have to grind? If so, best spot?

>You need Divine Confetti for Headless

Attached: bottomlessPit.jpg (645x729, 81K)

go through the dungeon beneath the castle

Last boss is literally impossible.

Oh, I thought I had to toss them when she was perched. That explains it. Can I do it when she's mid flight for her grab move or is that too late?

I realised I haven't used any of the secret doors with a person's outline. Have I missed a lot of stuff with them?

What is harder, beating Sekiro, or gaining female companionship?

I assume you're referring to Abandoned Dungeon?

Absolutely, here's me bullying her
gamerdvr.com/gamer/vantavia/video/72110524

spear demolishes fat enemies, just make sure you don't use it mid-attack animation because there's a chance they won't stun

>Just now try combining poison sword sabimaru combo with the Floating passage combo arts
>Literally a 12 hit combo of fury and posture rape

WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT REALIZE THIS SHIT EARLIER?!
Floating passage is one of the 1st combat arts you unlock and zabimaru is also unlocked early.

Going to try this shit on owl 2 and see if it can fuck some bosses up.
Now i really want to get to NG+

Attached: so good.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

Yeah I think so, it leads to Senpou Temple

Well shit, wish I knew that earlier. Gonna give her a few more goes after dinner.

Literally git gud.

Attached: Isshin Final Phase.webm (782x440, 2.94M)

Who is your favourite boss, guys?

Second Owl fight was the hardest one and the most fun one to me. He is the boss I feel I was forced to learn completely before I could finally kill him.

Old man stage two (2) is meming me

>Isshin Final Phase.webm
>its his first phase

Attached: isshin ng+.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

>takes a gorllion playthroughs to unlock all skills
>takes 2 playthroughs to unlock all prosthetic upgrades

you should be able to purchase skill points with sen since there's literally nothing to spend it on in NG+ and the game throws it at you

I can get the spear now? Where?

>You can farm your attack power to 98 while watching youtube before even reaching the end of NG+0
>This game is considered unbeatable by people

Attached: 34436.png (500x281, 137K)

Genichiro is arguably From's finest moment.

Attached: Genichiro Lightning Reversal.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>lighting goes through the ceiling to strike his bow

It's cool but it's sad that countering the lightning basically wins you the fight.

Is it possible to pirate this game? I've been buying from games since last Raven but recently became a typical broke college student. This shit could be pulled from piratrbay yah?

You know as well as I do that they are a fucking slog without them.

god i fucking love this game
shit moves have awesome animation
this isnt fair anons

Attached: seKINO2.webm (540x256, 836K)

it's in the reservoir area, the hut that you sneak under during the tutorial is openable now

>4 Gourd charges
Git gud.

This one?
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966561/finally-a-fix-for-the-games-changing-the-color-profiles-/
No, not yet. Reading through a post from 2 years ago, seeing all the changes and tweaks needed, I'm not sure if this is a correct fix for my one game that was JUST released. I'm keeping it on the idea pile, but I don't know. I AM willing to try it, but... I'm really hoping that someone else out there has my same situation and has found a solution. This game has been out for several days now. I can't believe I'm the ONLY one with this issue. Holding out for a hero, it seems..

I rarely, if ever, pull the "I paid $$$ for this game" card, but I will for this. I'm not learning to play a faulty way for one game that, arguably, seems to just need a damn patch.

Ashina reservoir. The building you crawl under has a door. Its ringside

Damn I knew I missed something there after I killed the ninja guy in the well. I'll go back. Thanks!

Attached: Seven Spears.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

i've had troubles in ng+ with both monks (corrupted and this cunt) while in ng i beat both in the first couple tries

Attached: 1527255303229.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

Attached: Corrupted Monk.webm (480x270, 2.45M)

>getting progressively worse at the game

Is this what dementia feels like

Attached: uf9YNVm.png (735x720, 313K)

what heck was that technique wold wold did where he evaporates into that black shadow and reappears?

how do i get it?

What do you keep when you go into NG+?

I bet there isn't even an input lag and OP is just shit.

Mist Raven tool. There's a technique in the prosthetic tree which gives it a followup attack

>how do i get it?
Hirata Estate memory.

>tfw never tried to sneak attack her

Attached: 1549022834967.jpg (851x1024, 71K)

its shinobi asthetic son
u get pretty early

Thats mist raven prosthetic

You get it from the hidden pagoda in Hirata estate near the bridge/river

I never got the droplet from the lady who dies. So now I can't heal dragon rot (I'm assuming). Is there a way to heal it. More importantly, can I still get the purification ending?

yes u can get it
you will meet many vendors who sell it
at 240 sen dont sweat it
bro
calm down dragonrot aint shit

Damn.

>final boss has 4 (four) phases
People will attempt to justify this.

isnt first phase fucking bitch ass punk
genichiro?
so its basically 3 phases u scrub fuck

Attached: manga costanza.jpg (250x250, 35K)

Aside from the multiple endings, what are other reasons to continue playing this game (ng) after you beat it?

>1 big healthbar is fine
>4 smaller healthbars amounting to same hp is somehow heresy

And you get 3 free res and a heal when he transitions. Nigger pls.

>Unironically counting Cuckichiro as a phase

You think it's fun and want to keep playing. Same as any other game.

If you mean replaying on NG again, then theres trying out different build/prosthetics I guess, NG+ gives you optional extra challenge mode on top of buffing up the enemies the standard newgame+ way

Can the snake eat you the first time you meet it, or is it only later after jumping on it?

How do I stop Owl from obliterating my posture? It seems like even deflects max me out super fast

I think it just kills you the first time

What about that magic guy in the caves? Coudn't even get near him.

To be fair I'm having a bit of the same problem, NG+2 and I died to Long Arm centipede for the first time, mostly due to Kuro's Charm though, the increase posture damage and chip damage are enough to fuck you up if you mess with your rhythm once.

Wait it can eat you? Anyone wanna be a saint and post a webm?

Attached: 1553630326691.png (500x508, 119K)

parrying + fireworks + ash
+ god tier jump ichimonji-double

Attached: owl mikiri.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

Aren't there two more of those? Post the others, pls.

Stay aggressive and make him back up then hold block. Stay in his face, bait counter attacks and get his health to half then fuck his posture up.

you can't behead the headless

fuck off vore fag, earn it if you want to see it.

I meant dried blood not droplet. Emma is still asking for it but no one with dragon rot is giving me any

If you hold block when nothing is happening it restores your posture super fast.

Attached: Sekiro god tier webm.webm (484x216, 309K)

I just got the rice for kuro, but I already got the tears from the dragon. Am I locked out of the return ending?

I think so

Yes. I'm sorry user

u gotta get the tear from the loli chan too

Attached: Sekiro Kino experience.webm (520x292, 634K)

I am sorry.

I’ve got the sweet rice ball though. Isn’t that good enuff?

Not the headless. That one sorcerer guy with blue orbs all around.

I got to fountainhead and it's too spoopy to play anymore should I stop playing it or go through the spoopy glass canon characters?

Speaking of endings. I just beat Owl do I need to eavesdrop everything before continuing, is there a point where I'm locked out of the dialogue?

Basically the same enemy. You can just dodge instead

No unfortunately when you beat the divine dragon Kuro is locked out until you interact with him solely for the ending.

you can farm confetti from the blue robe samurais in the top of Ashina castle, demon bell and possesion baloons obviously. or after you kill One of the monks (i think its true monk) vendors will sell confetti

Obviously keep playing if you like it but if that spoops you you might be fucked

I see I couldn't see anything down there so I didnt jump

You had to get a hint from the old woman, but she doesn't appear until you complete some steps

What's the best way to farm sen?

Top of gun fort, demon bell

Noticing on another playthrough, taking a different route Shirahagi (poison pool I think) has a different crew with her. Before ape there are shelters and some riflemen. After ape (if you haven't killed her) a gunman tells you an ape came through, there are 3 cannon men no riflemen, and the shelter's are smashed. Classic Miyazaki detail, small shit nobody would even notice on one playthrough.

The cave/base near the idol with the three shotgun enemies?

Most people ran past snake eyes, so it's not entirely missable

Based.

Attached: Snake Eyes Shirahagi.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

I missed it for sure, fought ape first. HAD to fight 2ape to progress the game, luckily it really isn't that hard of a fight.

What happens if you don’t finish off the centipede in the double ape fight?

Yes, you are locked out of it after beating the boss at the fountainhead palace. You just need to do it sometime before that.

Genuine question.

When does this game get fun? I want to like it, but I'm not getting any satisfaction out of the combat.

Attached: 1535246226485.jpg (1072x1053, 101K)

When you understand the combat

How do the pot noble quests work in NG+? I fed the carp the palace noble's bait in NG and bought all items. I've just gotten to Hirata again in NG+, and I can only buy one divine seed and red lumps.
I've bought one of each but there's no extra dialogue.
Do I need to progress further in the story? Or is it just a question of buying more red lumps?

Attached: pot-noble-harunaga-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-wiki-guide.jpg (300x169, 7K)

You can't run past her, she has a fog wall. Most people cheese her though although she's not difficult once you've learned to dodge her grab. I beat her second fight without dying just by doing that.

Genichiro

These tengu things that throw the sickles at you after the fire bull are pieces of shit. There's so fucking many holy fuck

They won't sell the gourd, mask or floating passage again because you already have them. I think the rest is the same.

Is it possible to wall jump like sekiro irl? I see no reason to believe this shouldn't work, its probably be extremely tiring though.

Genichiro

They're pretty far apart, you can stealth kill most of them

Attached: snakeeyes1.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

How do I get to the demon of hatred?, all of ashina outskirts and ashina castle are walled off, is there any way in?

Stay on the ground and look for a hidden NPC. He'll tell you a trick on how to spot them.

I killed the great serpent and then fell right into the water beneath him when I got to the other side. How do I get back to that area? Is there anything good over there? I tried falling from the area I jumped down to kill him from but there's nothing to grapple on.

Attached: [FFF] Yuru Yuri S2 - 02 [BD][1080p-FLAC][C2AFC525]00_13_35.272.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Work back there from the old grave, the bridge is restored.

Down through the backside, towards where you first saw the giant snake.

Why does everything take so fucking long to kill holy shit

Just a Jizo Statue and Dragon Droplet.

Because you're playing it like a Souls game, instead of playing it like a Sekiro game.

How do I play it like Sekiro? If I focus on parrying they recover from stagger so quickly I can't make a dent. I need to lower their health first don't I?

Yeah that's fine, but I'm asking about the precious bait quests for the fountainhead area.

But the old grave idol has been turned off, and so has the ashina outskirts idols.

Does Okinaga's flame vent cheese the fuck out of Ogre 2?

Walk there, stupid.

>needing to cheese ogres

Lower vitality helps a lot because it drastically increases the amount of time it takes for their posture to reset. It's pretty much mandatory on some later fights.

Noticed this too when I started my 3rd playthrough. You can also miss an NPC in Senpou if you fight Genichiro before going there.

The less health they have, the slower they recover posture.

You can jump of a wall once, or maybe twice, if you are /fit/ enough, but repeatedly from wall to wall, going up - probably not.

I'm pretty sure they both sell infinite items, so just expend the same amount of scales, I guess.

Which NPC is this?

The head monk in the temple itself. He kneels before the bell that takes you to the Hall of Illusions.

Can’t, the whole area is cut off from atop kuro’s room, the moat where you start the game and at the abandoned dungeon entrance.

Old Grave is behind the castle.

I got to the demon of hatred and now wanna quit.

Neat.

Not gonna bother reading through the thread to see if you got anl proper answer, but here's what worked for me. On windows 10, go to settings and find the graphics option, select sekiro and then select "high performance". Sekiro (crack or not) will now run at the proper speed. You're welcome you faggot.

do you have hdr disabled in windows

Yeah, the monk tells you to give the Divine Child of Rejuvenation the Infested Holy text and gives it to you, so you don't have to dive into the pond to find it, making the Return ending easier to get on a playthrough without spoilers.

How do you get the anti-air deathblow to trigger? I'm trying to kill one of those faggot Shihimen but every time it jumps I'm get getting the deathblow prompt. Yes I bought the text already

Attached: 1489213888804.jpg (800x450, 141K)

window in the library

You need to have divine confetti active to be able to deathblow them in the air.

You need to jump at him while he's in the air.

It activates when he attacks in air and you jump at the same time. Timing can get weird though. Might be bugged.

I hated that boss, was stuck longer on demon than the end boss.

How do you increase the health bar I saw a video on youtube and the guy had a long health bar and I don't. Do I need the 4 beat collars or whatever?

Oh is that what that stuffs for? I've literally never use it. Honestly I haven't used any items in this games save the healing ones

It's really hard to get it. I think I did an anti air deathblow two times in the entire playthrough. I'm also interested in knowing if there's any reliable way to trigger it aside from "react fast, jump and pray the game gives you the prompt".

Does anyone else find the mini-bosses to be substantially harder than the actual bosses?

But I can’t get there because the top from kuro’s room is sealed off. All ways in seem to be cut off. Where did you enter the area from specifically user?

does the guy who drops the malcontent ring never spawn if i kill the carp?

Attached: 20190403182812_1.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

The headless ape area

You need four prayer beads to upgrade your Vitality.

I thought Gyoubu was gonna kick my shit in after I died so many times to Chained Ogre then found him laughably easy.

There's an open window in Kuro's 'library', IIRC.

I killed lady butterfly but didnt get the phantom kunai to upgrade my shuriken
what the fuck bros?

Malcontent ring lad is in the other ape area.

Yeah, I don't understand why, but the mini-bosses are kicking my ass left, right and center; whereas Gyobu, Lady Butterfly and Genichiro only took me around ten tries each (Gyobu probably less). I feel like I'm missing something.

You buy it from a merchant, if I'm not mistaken.

You buy it from a merchant

You buy it from Patches.

>You can jump of a wall once, or maybe twice
what happens in the third jump?

Deepest lore.

>ROOOBBEEERRRTTT
Unironically, what did he mean by this?

Attached: Armored Warrior Death.jpg (690x388, 47K)

How far into the game am I if I've beaten:
Big bosses:
-Horseman boss guy
-Blazing bull
-Lady Butterfly

Mini bosses:
-Ogre
-Drunkard
-7 spears
-Super parry elite guy
-a couple other generals

I hope I am not too far. I reached Genichiro at the top of the castle but got rekt so I went to Sengpou temple.

remember the bonfire before to the chained ogre? there's a salesman in that area. He sells it after you do the first (maybe second?) part of his questline

Like 20-30%

You're around a third of the way.

Robert was his son who was very sick. The two of them came to Japane from the west looking for a way to save Robert's life. He found senpou temple and thinks the waters there can heal his son. It's likely however that Robert is already dead and was one of the many failed Divine Children. He seems unaware of this though and continues to guard the temple. The firecrackers were originally his and Robert's.

You can hold his right leg, his flaming arm won't burn you, and it makes the fight much easier.
Also, his charge attack can hardly be avoided by dodging, but if you jump, you can go through him and not get hit. Bullshit if you ask me.

Last tip: if he's far away and you run towards him, he will throw those fireballs at you, again they're hard to dodge, so just stay far until he does something.

Other than that, he has only like 3 melee attacks. So just learn those, and the fight will be much easier. I know I felt stuck too, but then I did that and it was much easier.

Is this speculation or all confirmed in the game?

Read the item descriptions.

Robert was his ill son, who he came to Japan seeking a cure for. He put Robert in the care of the Senpou monks, and sought to guard the temple against anyone who may intrude.

??????
Bitch go post that shit on Steam or whatever

THE DRUNKARD IN FRONT OF THE LADY HIRATA ESTATE MAIN BUILDING CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL
And so can the ministry shadows. And the Ashina samurai. And Snake-Eyed Cunt.
Other than that, they're alright

20-30% or so
the mid-game opens up after Genichiro, you can tackle the next set of bosses in (mostly) any order, so keep that in mind if you ask again later

It's mentioned in the description of Robert's firecrackers (the item that you need for the prosthetic in the first place) and I think another description that I can't remember now.

Pretty much all of it is confirmed by the firecracker description, the item you buy not the description of the tool once it's installed. The rest is confirmed by his lines (ie "My son will drink from these waters"). The only part that is speculation is that Robert is a failed divine child but I think it''s true because if it's not where is he? What would the monks do with a child that's in their care?

That's intended to keep the game from being a parry-fest. Which is pretty gud.

you have to buy it from the merchant who sells the firecracker prosthetic.

How the FUCK do I beat corrupted monk? Only shit that works is spamming firecrackers but I run out of spirit emblems.

Attached: angry_todd.jpg (1280x1296, 121K)

Probably killed in their experiments.

I went to Sengpou Temple after Genichiro. Am I going to get fucked or is that an alright path to take?

Firecrackers and fistfuls of ash.

Nah the firecracker merchant is the memorial mob guy near the horse boss. The one with the kunai is the guy you meat in the past who then opens up shop in ashina outskirts at the bottom of the stairs.

use snap seeds. it works 3 times and use ash. it works like the fireworks

Just parry him, bro.

>impenetrable armor
was he the strongest sekiro character?

But the drunkard was easy as fuck. You did talk to the samurai so he distracts all the fodder right?

Thanks bros

Yes, you definitely should go there at your first playthrough because the bosses are easier compared to other areas.

You can also just get good at parrying and make sure you land ever miriki counter. It'll take awhile but it's very possible. It helps if you keep on the pressure too so that she can't regen posture.

>On windows 10, go to settings and find the graphics option
Care to guide me more detailed than this?

Well, AFAIK it's Sekiro itself that's hard-initializing HDR whenever I choose Fullscreen mode. But, if Windows itself can disable HDR from EVER happening, that would be nice. I'm scared to even open the game back up, since last I left it was in FS mode and, again, closing it screwed up all my color settings. I don't wanna even run Sekiro now, in case it starts up and screws up stuff from the jump.

>Who is Isshin

what exactly does snap seeds even do?

wait for it to do the lounging attack and run/dodge behind it to attack

Probably the easiest boss in the game is there and they still give you a memory to increase your attack. So it's actually the best place to go.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. Also, why can't I give Emma gourd seeds anymore?

Does he only do this when you're at max posture?

>Also, why can't I give Emma gourd seeds anymore?
Do you have any? I never encountered this. Why can't you what happens when you talk to her?

Yeah and he still killed me more than probably every other boss in the game except maybe Fire Manus and maybe the Sword Saint.Something about it just wasn't clicking, though I was able to take care of it way better in the following times his kind appeared.
Having to go through a boring horde of bandits every time didn't make it any more endearing, either...

where can I get the codex crack from? I've never really fucked with cracked games much recently, so I've got no idea where or how to look for them.

Attached: 1410342736643.gif (250x311, 1.98M)

Senpou also absolutely showers you with experience early on. The twinblade monks are insanely hard to kill but that's the only obstacle.

No that's his miriki counter he does it if you thrust when he's ready for it. Either with the spear or by holding attack. He does have a special attack for when you're posture broken but it's slightly different. It opens with him stomping you onto the ground and doesn't flip over you. It's actually super easy to safety roll away from it though just never stand around after being posture broken by him because it's an insta kill.

Did you meet the Tengu and Isshin yet?

Just download the whole thing from that Skidrow website.

try to exclude wireless connection
I had shittone of games having input lag/death screen with wireless XB1 controller. When I switched to wired, I all went away.

Well I did read more about your problem and it's different from mine, but give it a try and report back. Go to the search abr and type graphics settings, select classic app, find sekiro and set it to high performance. This is the only way I could even get the thing to run, I also have a 1060 so I was sure I could play it.

I've beaten the game I was just curious if there was some period when you can't offer them to her

I do, but the prompt to give them to her doesn't come up. She just mentions Isshin.

>Snap Seed
What the fug. It does something outside of the Lady Butterfly fight?
This goddamn game, I swear. Item interactions are not clear or hinted at at all...

I genuinely would, but again this is the ONLY game with this issue.

I'll look into HDR and Windows 10, if I can find a specific setting for this in Windows, I'll definitely try.

When you stop sucking at it.

Did you talk to Isshin on his room?

Kinda regretting getting the charm from the Sculptor, NG+ is way too easy lads. Does it ramp up in later playthroughs?

No.
Is that just right outside the area where I fought Genichiro?

Snap Seeds are for illusions.... Corrupted monk is definitely an illusion....

where can i pirate this game?
no torrents allowed

Attached: 1548613389187.gif (416x414, 1.63M)

>Item interactions are not clear or hinted at at all...
Oh yeah, as if it's not crystal clear that monk is an illusion.
I bet you also didn't realize you could use it on the mist brigands in the hidden forest.

Well you kinda have to guess what are and aren't illusions but it tells you that it dispels illusions in the description. There's also a bunch of illusory enemies in another area and another boss who makes use of illusions the true monk when she attacks with those black illusions of her.

Yes. Kuro tells you how to get there.

Yes in one of the towers near the roof lookout

Also, anyone here to change the default key binds?
I personally switched item use on Y and tool change to pad-top. Feels much better since I can use heal/ash etc. while moving.

Do you guys feel bad for him?

Attached: 201932618515556_1.jpg (600x300, 13K)

Anyone willing to make the sekirowiki? Like somebody did with bloodborne.

Guys I'm at the top of the castle and I've only completed 1 and 3/4ths of a prayer necklace. As of right now I can fight Seven Spears, the general at the top of Ashina Castle stairs, and Snake Eyes. Are there any other options or should I go for one of those three?

Attached: george-costanza.jpg (650x400, 36K)

No, I think it's actually cool that he's so determined despite everything, but maybe it's because he's voiced by Tsudaken.
I did feel bad for Orangutan though.

Thanks bros I did it thanks to the ash

Attached: 1552096544916.gif (500x470, 1015K)

How do you get to the temple? The woods with the monkeys?

The general on top of the stairs is really easy, if you go for his vitality instead of a posture kill. Do a stealth deathblow, then just play him like a Dark Souls boss.
The other two are pretty tricky, you can also buy a Prayer Bead from the vendor right outside the dungeon.

i pop a couple of them during the corrupted monk hoping something would happened but it didnt. not entirely sure what to do wiht them. gotta bunch in my inventory

The general's probably the easiest as long as you take out the regular mobs around him.

>Owl can do the mikiri counter on YOU

Attached: 1400911044070.jpg (626x305, 20K)

So i just beat the boar with the fire attached to him but i defeated him running around and hitting him with a charged attack or the upgraded fireworks and then the floating combo when it tried to drift, but i feel like i missed some mechanics or something i could jump on it and do a falling attack but my method made more damage and deflecting kinda did something but it burned me, did i miss something or is the fight like that?

Glad to hear it! Let's hope he never shows up again.

He did literally nothing wrong. The most evil thing he did was "kidnap" Kuro yet he didn't even force him, torture him or keep him prisoner. He had a nice room in the Castle. His "heresy" is actually the original faith of the Ashina people according to the lore. He did screw up with dark arts like that darker version of the Rejuvenating Waters... but he used it on himself and not others. Genichiro did NOTHING wrong.

Attached: tsukushi.jpg (1126x1300, 138K)

i find his adoration for ashina to be admirable

Fextralife already has a Sekiro section now

I think I bought the prayer bead you mean but I'm not sure exactly. Which dungeon? Where I first woke up?

Alright thanks, I'll try to take him out next

At the Ashina Castle idol, grapple over to where the old hag on the bridge prays toward. Explore around there, and you'll find a building that will lead you into a new dungeon.

Should i play with Jap voice and subs? Started with all eng but it feels kinda meh voiced.

No, Abandoned Dungeon is an area that you can access once you get to Ashina Castle. You'll find a Sculptor's Idol and literally right next to it is a vendor. The name of the idol is 'Abandoned Dungeon Entrance'. It costs 1400 Sen.

I don't think you really missed anything. That fight is just kinda ass.

Japanese voices definitely. The English dub for this game feels really weak compared to other From titles.

He killed you bruh. He did do something wrong.

The game tells you at the start to use Japanese voices for a reason.

what's the boss that lock you into an ending?

FROM supervised the English voice acting in other titles because it was the "default", and in some games the only choice. They used stage and film actors who despite being no one big (Peter Serafinowicz aside) were much better at acting than typical English voice actors. This time English was handled by Activision and they sued your usual video game voice actors.

The seed's aoe is small so it works when you're right next to the monk.

How exactly did From get such god tier dubs for Bloodborne and Dark Souls? The voices fit the respective characters in those games perfectly.

Fuck, should i start from the beginning? I'm not too far into the game, maybe 3-4 hours in.

How the fuck do I evade the Guardian Ape's leaping grab? I've tried dodging in every direction and even running under him, but he seems to track me no matter what.

If you side with Owl you are locked into Shura ending if you don't then you are locked out of it. After that you can get any of the other three ending up until you kill Divine Dragon, if you haven't done the steps for Purification or Homecoming then you can no longer get them. If you have done the steps for one or both of them then the game gives you a choice of whichever of the three you did the steps for when you beat the final boss.

Jump or dodge towards him of away from him

You need either divine confetti or the purple umbrella. It's literally impossible without those. Show me a single video of someone doing it without them, doesn't exist.

He doesn't kill you, he just cuts your arm in a duel.

see
The used real actors, not typical voice actors.

You could maybe do it with the purple flamethrower too

Where can I pirate this?

Attached: 1553671076190.png (633x874, 64K)

Can't you toggle the language in the settings?

How did you guys feel when you bodied Sword Saint Isshin so bad that he didn't even have time to get his spear out?

>autistic protagonist
>some cool friends to make along the adventure
>stylish combat
>jump good
Close enough for me dream Samurai Jack game

Attached: samurai_jack.jpg (900x420, 47K)

>and

Attached: 1436679526743.jpg (400x399, 98K)

The point is that if you are good enough you can get some useful but ultimately unnecessary items early. The headless and shichimon are never necessary to fight and they don't ever give you prayer beads. They are entirely optional. If you want to farm to fight them you can farm the blue robed samurai in ashina castle or you can just wait till you beat the true corrupted monk and then every vendor sells it.

Genchiro is a little bitch and had to call gramps back from the grave because ashina was literally in flames because he's a shit ruler.

AAAA HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT OWL

I don't think it would do enough damage for 2 health bars.

Based From.

Mad because a 4th phase appears where he still has it.

>and they don't ever give you prayer beads
The headless ape actually gives you 2 beads.

>sword saint isshin
>Mostly uses a spear and gun
Wot

nvm I'm retarded

I'm still convinced that locking Isshin in his first phase throughout the whole fight is a bug, wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer possible in future patches, you can also do that to Butterfly.

They give you some pretty amazing items, especially Schichimen Warrior with the dagger that takes HP to give you extra usage of prosthetics/combat arts. It's honestly just bad design to have it be locked until end game unless you farm.

I'm pretty sure you can change it in the settings bruh

And divine confetti doesn't do anything to him. I was talking about divine confetti bosses. The only one who is required is corrupted monk illusion but she is entirely possible without it and most people actually don't even use it from what I've seen. O'rin gives a bead but she isn't even good to use confetti on because it's so hard to hit her and you beat her by deflecting anyway, even if you use it.

I thought the monk was a ghost.

This is an obvious one though, even if I didn't think of it myself at the time and I really should have. I just jumped from branch to branch forever till it dispelled.

He's already a sword saint, time to branch out and enrich his portfolio.

You can bully him at the start of his last phase just like you can do it on phase 2. You just gotta be relentless.

>here all this talk about owl being tuff
>fight him during pre invasion on Ashina rooftop
>learn his patterns and woop his ass
>come on Yea Forums saying he was nothing compared to Genishiro because of his lack of unblockables and no noticeable change during phase 2
>get to owl 2
>pure mix ups with unblockables thrown in
>getting my shit pushed in

I guess i spoke 2 soon

Attached: wtffffffff.gif (245x118, 403K)

Ah fukken sick, thanks bros. I really need another prayer necklace

Again it's not if you are good enough. I didn't need to farm for any of them. Also shichimon is pretty easy without it since you get a free deathblow no matter his health and posture if he flies which he loves to do.

This is intended, though.

Attached: Lady Butterfly.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

If it is that sucks. It's not like it's an easy thing to do, you actually have to git gud and play relentlessly. You can't really do it too butterfly either. You can skip the illusions with shuriken sure, but she will still send out butterfly kunais in phase 2 vs regular ones phase 1.

i think the sword saint title just refelcts overall combat skill, it doesn't necessarily require a sword.

You don't get it. He doesn't die until he pulls it out.

Do the general after, like I said he's super easy if you just have some patience and play him like a Dark Souls boss.

>This is an obvious one though, even if I didn't think of it myself at the time and I really should have.
It's only so useful since they only dispel the black illusions that are currently attacking you so you need o spam like 7 to get through an entire illusion attack. It's not bad on NG+ though when you have near unlimited money and can buy snap seeds.

What it said:
>Press B right at the moment the enemy's lunge connects to perform the Mikiri counter
What you actually have to do:
>Press B while holding the analog stick toward the enemy right as they start their attack to perform the Mikiri counter

What it said:
>Press B to avoid Perilous grab attacks
What you actually have to do:
>Just take the damage because enemies have enormous hurtboxes, perfect target tracking, and your dodge has no iframes

Only played it for 2 hours but this game hasn't made a very good impression.

You literally can't beat headless without it or purple umbrella. And the umbrella doesn't make it easy, it's still extremely tedious to do it with umbrella without confetti.

You can evade every grab with the right timing but its often easier just to jump out of the way.

Just killed Demon of Hatred, fucking hell that was hard. They literally put in a dark souls boss for fun didn't they?

Attached: 1547337262705.jpg (387x334, 40K)

Lmao I just took the hit and ran past

An easy way is to ichimonjii as soon as the phase starts to stagger him out of taking it out as soon as it starts. Then you just gotta push non-stop.

Charm?

if it's the first time you fioght him:
>1st phase
ANY time you land a double ichimonji on him, he has very few options out of it. he either does one swing left or right, or jumps backwards sometimes. he'll do the former like 80% of the time, just dodge through it and land another ichimonji, rinse and repeat.
>2nd form
he has WAY too many options out of Ichimonji, so don't bother semi-stunlocking him (punish his laggy moves with ichimonji tho, his jump->helm splitter is super easy to punish). toss oil at him and flame vent him. it staggers him for a while and does DoT. do this until you run out of resources and do the last 40-50% of his health normally.

Attached: 1402354863694.jpg (780x591, 63K)

who or what is a "sekiro"?

>Fromdrones will defend this
OH NO NO NO

Attached: sekiroisagoodgame3.webm (640x360, 1.35M)

Right and you don't have to beat it because it doesn't block progress in any way and the effect of the item is drops can be replicated with a longer effect by consumables, not to mention is completely unneeded. So again, they aren't "making" you farm. You are choosing to because you weren't good enough to beat them on your first few tries. If you were smart you would have done what I did which is fight them several times without using confetti to learn their moves so that you win the first time you actually use it.

I would agree with you it was bullshit if you needed to fight the headless but you don't, like at all.

Best idol to start from to get to the top of Ashina Castle before the Owl fight?

90% of people agree the the ogre hit boxes and tracking are retarded. Don't even know what happens in the second part but it does look like bullshit.

Sekiro = one armed wolf.

Seki means "part of a set" and is the first kanji int eh word for one armed person. The character Ro in his name can be read as wolf so it sorta means one armed wolf. Tengu man comes up with the name for you and thinks he's really clever for it and thus calls you it the rest of the game as a joke.

There's also a lot of themes of parts of sets throughout the game like how there is a set of mortal blades.

You're dumb as shit bud if you think that it's good design to lock them behind farming. I'm done with your retarded ass keep thinking you're smart for hitting your head against a wall.

Don't get Lloyd's'd
Whenever he throws Lloyd's out run behind him and slap his ass (with your sword)

Fighting Bell+Charm Owl 1 now, having issues, he hits like a truck, I could deactivate the debuffs and probably steamroll him but I know I won't do that.
As of now I've got most of his patterns down, but sometimes he does some random ass shit and gets me killed
>Instead of throwing 1 shuriken>dash attack or 2 shuriken>leap attack he sometimes throws three
>When he does his three hit combo sometimes he keeps attacking
>When he does his four hit combo (the one were he attacks with a fast two slash attack at the end) he sometimes does the last attack again
Fuck this random ass piece of shit, also I finally figured out how his firecrackers work, I thought that shit was unblockable, turns out it just does 100% posture damage if you don't deflect the first two hits before the firecrackers, if you deflect them then dodge at the last second you get two hits in.

get to the dojo idol, enter the dojo with the ninja miniboss, but sneak and ninjutsu puppet the ad in there, let him take off the first bar.
if you don't know where the dojo is, its upstairs from the antechamber

Got him. Thanks, user.

If you keep Isshin in his sword phase the whole fight he doesn't die after his 3rd HP bar is depleted and he pulls the spear and you need to kill him again, having a defacto fourth phase (he has full HP but all his 3 diamonds are empty) it's definitely a bug

The sliding grab is a sweep that you jump over. Very unclear but it is what it is.

Can we all agree that the tracking is also bullshit?

Attached: Sekirotracking.webm (860x482, 2.95M)

They aren't locked behind farming if you get late enough into the game you can buy confetti and money has no other use at that point anyway. You never have to farm, you only have to farm if you MUST fight them now and the only reason you MUST is because you decided you needed to, they aren't actually required for you to fight right now. Also I think I'm smart for recognizing I had a limited supply of an item and not wasting it. It took like 5 tries to learn the headless moveset and then I knew it for the other two.

>beat hatred and isshin
>now feel empty because I know I'll never struggle so hard with this game again
It's an empty feel

Thanks pimp, I know where that's at. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Let me rephrase what I said, He has a 4th phase (5th phase for the boss fight) if you managed to kill him without taking out the spear and you can't stop him from pulling it out because its the first thing he does.

Deflecting is OP as fuck so I don't care that there's over-tracking and that dodging is either ineffective or straight up useless.

Now that Sekiro is out it would be a good time for a port of Ninja Gaiden Black for Switch

Play NG+ without Kuro's charm and with the bell demon. It's wonderful how hard it is. I didn't struggle with any bosses really on my first play through and now I'm struggling with almost all of them.

Anyone playing this on PS4? it runs like shit sometimes.

Is there a reason to use anything other than Double Ichimonji for the combat skill slot?

You definitely don't need to hold forward for a mikiri, I almost never do.

I am.
Performance is terrible and I'm getting a lot of dropped inputs. In other words, it's a From game.

How is it bullshit? They wanted to facilitate a certain way to play and it clearly wasn't the way Dark Souls plays where you just dodge everything. It can be frustrating when it feels like an enemy can do something "impossible" but if it's for the sake of designing a better game it's for the best.

On NG+, yes. Mortal blade becomes really useful to chunk HP.

I genuinely feel bad for you guys. The PC version runs flawlessly and I can't imagine how annoyed I be if it was Bloodborne all over again. I wish they would learn to prioritize a stable frame rate on consoles.

No, you're meant to be deflecting and not dashing behind their backs in the first place.

>It's bad on purpose!

Attached: sekiroisagoodgame4.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Yea it's bullshit. Some instances aren't as bad as others(worst is clearly ogre doing a 90 degrees turn mid air) but it's still bullshit when the enemy literally pivots on himself with zero animation. People who tell you otherwise are dumb.

Whatever you say retard.

It's not bad, it works as intended. You would have a point if this was Dark Souls.

Is Sekiro going to get the Ds3 treatment where people "pretend" to be retarded and rank it below Ds2?
BB>Ds3=Sekiro>Ds1>DeS>>>>Ds2

You jumped over something you are supposed to miriki counter or deflect. I see nothing wrong with you being punished for it. How exactly does this make the game bad? Because you can't do whatever you want and still win?

I feel bad for people that don't like the game when obvious false-flag bullshit like this gets posted.

Dark Souls 3 is the second worst game from has made this decade, only behind ACV.

DS1 > BB > Sekiro > DeS > DS2 >>>>>>> DS3

Don’t know what y’all are talking about. Literally the only time I ever saw slowdown was when Owl2’s Owl familiar flew into the screen.

Not him but that's retarded. He jumped over an enemy that was doing a thrust, how is that not something that should be acceptable instead of the game spazzing out and making the enemy do a 180 mid animation.

Not a good sign when that's your only retort friend.

>finally another user who isn't a blind fag like 99% of this godforsaken cesspool
Been saying the game's got serious input lag issues since minute 1 that I played.

I just learned to live with it though and cleared the game, all mini-bosses+bosses with it. Parrying is extremely unfun in the beginning because of the lag but you learn to stomach it and passive skills make up for the input fuckups. Fuck giving up the charm that protects you from normal blocking chip damage though, that shit is inexcusable with input lag this bad.

I'll try messing with vsync and other stuff on my end too but after seeing your post, not keeping my hopes up for a solution.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-03 00-26-42-62.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

Because the game flat out tells you to counter a thrust with a deflect or miriki counter. He jumped instead. He didn't do what the game told him to do and was punished for it. How is that a bad thing? Do you believe you should be able to dodge any attack however you want? Why don't you chimp out that you can't deflect sweeps next?

If your 2 brain cells can't understand why it's bad no amount of explaining will do.

I believe that if you do something that clearly should work(literally going nothing personnel kid on the enemy), they shouldn't break the laws of physics to hit you. But no you gotta play Miyazaki's game of rock-paper-scissors or else the enemies will warp time and space to hit you. Keep sucking on From's dick.

How have From still not figured out how to do a good camera? The camera in this game is one of your biggest enemies.

>I believe that if you do something that clearly should work
How should it "clearly work"? when did the game tell you that you could jump that attack? I don't recall that.

He actually probably would've gotten away with it but he jumped too early. Watch at half speed, the boss is still charging mid jump and he turns around to skewer him after

Seven ashina spears without kuros charm fucked me up the asshole. The chip damage on missed deflects made me realize that I wasn't as exact in my deflection as I thought before ng+

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Are you blind or retarded? It's the 2 options you get if you're saying what he did in that webm shouldn't work.

>I wasn't as exact in my deflection as I thought before ng+
Owl was the same experience for me.

>It's the 2 options you get if you're saying what he did in that webm shouldn't work.
I want you to read this sentence out loud and ask yourself if you understand what you just said because I certainly don't

>jump too early
>boss readjusts because he's still charging
>woah wtf how did he hit me broken game
are you a speedrunner by any chance

I just beat the Sword Saint, Isshin
Jesus fuck me that took about 60 fucking tries over the course of several days
What a phenomenal fucking game, my heart was pounding when I finally cut that old fuck down
Got the shitty ending where I kill shota and become the next sculptor. Is that because I killed Demon or is that just the shit ending?

Attached: FUCK YOU ISSHIT.gif (320x567, 3M)

Gotcha, thanks user

It's because you're shit.

are you the guy who broke his controller I saw a response to this specifically in another thread
twitch.tv/videos/404976749
no revives no mikiri counter blocks and attacks. this game is designed to keep you from doing souls and BB style play.

>Based retard can't understand a simple sentence
Guess you answered my question.

This isn't fun at all, he has no tells.

>Enemy advances slowly towards you charging his attack
>You jump, not dodging the actual attack with a jump but jumping early in a foolish attempt to make the enemy miss
>He has a spear, adjusts accordingly and skewers you when you fall
Literally nothing wrong with it. I know the same webms get spammed every time, like the ogre, the Isshin hitbox bug and this one, but there's literally nothing wrong with this particular webm. I have gotten away from a ton of attacks by jumping, you just have to time it. Thrust attacks are good at anti-air and you're not supposed to jump them, they'll just point their spears upwards and hit you, but you can still do it by taking off at the last moment when the attack already has a fixed direction.

That's just the default ending you get if you didn't do either of the side quests needed for the other two endings. There's also the even worse ending if you side with Owl. The other two endings are a little convoluted and kind of hard to find by yourself

More like based retarded can't understand how to use pronouns unambiguously.

>Demon of Hatred is only hard because he has 2-3 moves that he will just randomly throw out after an attack so you can't read him after the first or second death.

Killed him only after 4 deaths. Honestly Lady Butterfly was the hardest boss for me. I don't see why people say this game is so hard. Like literally all you need to do is fucking press LB whenever you think you're about to get hit and you can just run through the game like nothing.

Attached: Thinking.gif (304x200, 2.65M)

>The other two endings are a little convoluted and kind of hard to find by yourself
Can't be any worse than the way to get to the Painted World in DaS1.

as a blind retard I never noticed the input lag. eventually it all clicked and I understood how to play sure it took me like 20 hours but I got to the divine waterhead place.

Shura ending is kino and is the only one where Sekiro stop being a bitch and does what he actually wants as opposed to every other ending being him listening to someone.

One of them kind of is. You have to hug a very specific wall in Kuro's room with no indication to do so and that's just the first part of like 8 steps.

Literally me rightnow. My heart is going so fuckin gfast.

His attacks are insanely detailed and telegraphed though?

Spear boi is mid charge when the dude jumps over him....

There's 4 endings, one bad ending (Shura, for betraying Kuro, it's shit) and 3 good endings. That one you got is the "worst" of the good endings in terms of the tragedy that happens but it's still pretty good in terms of storytelling. There's two other endings, Return and Purification, feel free to look up how to do them because Purification is especially obscure. Return is a longer questline but it's easier to figure out, Purification you just stumble upon it with dumb luck or miss it, and it actually adds a boss that's really good. The happiest ending is Return but Purification is the most kino.

I disagree. In the purification ending no one wanted him to sacrifice himself. Kuro wanted to be the sacrifice and Ema didn't even want to tell Sekiro about how to Purify Kuro because she knew he'd do it. Purification is the only ending where he really gets what he wants which is to free Kuro and finally get some rest.

both snake eyes were completely unbeatable. I ended up having to cheese both since they were both fucking invincible.

before any (You)s me I saw the webm earlier where the guy got the first DB but no second one. I assume it was because of the invincible snake eyes. always bet on black

>More like based retarded can't understand how to use pronouns unambiguously.
>More like based retarded
>based retardED can't
>pronouns
This is too good.

That's why NG+ without Kuro's charm exists. The real hard mode.

I love Emma!

Attached: emma.jpg.png (482x610, 268K)

I was you once and then I learned to parry. dont waste your confetti or emblems just grind out a few parry practice runs.

Would take a shitton of work, but this could potentially be modded or at least used as a framework for a good Samurai Jack game.

>Replace most enemies with robots
>Maybe increase the speed on both enemy and Sekiro's own attacks to match the faster pace of the show, but optional
>guns and unique futuristic things like invisibility and vehicles are a little more prevalent
>Boss fight against Aku where he randomly changes into previous bosses for their attacks, and occasionally turns into a small horde of mooks

Honestly, I'd want this shit just for how crazy an Aku fight could get

Emma tried to hide it for all of half a second.

COULD ISSHIN DEFEAT THE ARMORED KNIGHT WITHOUT A CLIFF NEARBY?

She literally won't ever tell you unless you spy on her and the sculptor, then confront her about what you overheard.

>You will never be this good at Sekiro
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bIbOFAjm4

Attached: 1552327554077.png (1240x1031, 1.24M)

How to do the Return ending? Being as spoiler free as possible if you can please

Talk to the praying women whenever you see her. Bless her with rice for hints. Talk to the divine child a lot, use her rice a lot and keep asking for more.

Trained shinobi hunter monks aren't dumb brutes doing retard blind charges, spears are pointy, you can advance with them pointed forward and just thrust when you see you're about to hit the enemy without the need to do a comical charge like the lance running attack of DS2 or something like that. The animation clearly shows the monk is still in control of his direction and the last thrust is what does the main damage. And even without this kind of rationalization the game already provides you two ways to deal with thrust attacks and there's an Activision Blurb that pops up before that particular enemy and outright tells you what to do. If jumping helped with both thrusts and sweeps then you'd only need to press one button to avoid damage and it'd turn into Souls-brand Roll and R1 except it's Jump and R1. The fact that it makes sense is just a plus.

Just keep plugging away at him. If I can do it, anybody can. Good luck. Plus bullying Geni is just fun after a few dozen runs.
I'll look them up, I've seen bits and pieces about them by getting spoiled. I got both of the snek hearts but never really eavesdropped on friendlies. Very curious to see the ending where I side with Owl.

Attached: 1436334677663.gif (448x252, 1.99M)

Unironically no. Weebs don't realize that any random dude in armor would trample over their super samurais.

Anyone know what the fuck is up with this? I have 2 fps during cutscenes for some fucking reason. Using a 970 and a i7 6700k

>lone shadow longswordsman
>actually has a guy with him in the room

Attached: angry_illya.png (704x396, 256K)

>The animation clearly shows the monk is still in control of his direction
Not even going to bother reading the rest. The nigga spins on himself without any animation. He literally glides in place.

Do you fight Isshin in every ending?

Please explain the tactical advantage to jump over a poise broken enemy.

>a shinobi should know the difference between honor and victory

>He let Isshin get his spear out.
I've styled on sword saint way harder.

>Third try
>Use all my oil and smokes
>Die to a miss roll
>No consumables
>FUCK IT, WE ARE DOING IT LIVE
>Deathblow his ass without taking damage at 50% health from fighting the enemies in the zone.
I got gud

You can use ninjutsu if you jump and deathblow them because it counts as a stealth deathblow.

He did it with base vit and dmg all while not taking a single hit. That's insane.

He's not a nigga, he's a powerful asian monk, they can do that.

>Please explain the tactical advantage to jump over a poise broken enemy.
You mean Shinobi Vault or something?

I wish they'd given him a more European looking faceplate. Would've made his backstory more immediately interesting. Until he yelled his son's name I just thought he was a westaboo.

Which bosses gave you the most trouble? Demon of Hatred, Guardian Ape, and Lady Butterfly for me.

>Lady Butterfly
Git gud.

Attached: Lady Butterfly Second Phase.webm (650x364, 2.88M)

I one shot her on NG+, does that count as getting gud?

Probably Guardian Ape.

Actually, fuck all the Headless and Shinichin too for that matter.

Im barely into the game at all, but Butterfly bitch is giving a bit of trouble.

The horse guy was super easy, I don't get how anyone has any trouble with him. Maybe he's tougher in NG+.

>can't even land bing! bing! wahoo!'s on her
no, YOU git gud

I watch some of Faraaz' shit, he's definitely better than me. But this was only base vit(not base damage, he did get damage upgrades in that run). Base vit really doesn't do anything if you're parrying everything because you can't get posture broken from a parry.

Sure.

You wouldn't have these problems if you weren't a double-cuck because of not only playing with a controller, but a wired controller

The fact that the From games have no post game death breakdown screen is a huge missed opportunity

What do you mean? A death counter or what?

How do I get back to the Outskirts to fight the Demon after Ashina burns?

The bridge back is destroyed, and the way from the dilapidated temple is destroyed too.

What am I looking at here? How does this work?

>Get to Isshin after finishing everything else in the game
>quit for the night
>come back today
>your save file is corrupted
Explain this Sekiro fags?

>people unironically have trouble with Snake Eyes
lol just jump back when she goes for the grab

Yeah, I would really love to see how many times I died. Seeing which enemies/bosses I died to would be super cool too.

Outside Dark Souls 2, From games don't really put that much emphasis on "PREPARE TO DIEEE" outside stupid publisher marketing that's not up to them. Dark Souls 2 also happens to be the only Souls game with a death counter.

>on a toaster PC
>runs fine everywhere on low
>EXCEPT fucking corrupted monk 2's arena of all things, runs at like 35-40 no matter what settings

Attached: angry nurse.png (886x1063, 214K)

You hesitated
Hesitation is defeat

Attached: Shinobilets, when will they learn.png (616x657, 484K)

>see everyone talk about how amazing the performance is
>average fps is 45 on a 970

g-guys?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36K)

pls resbond

Why does Isshin try to kill you at the end after he climbs out of Genichiro?

Idk, user, I've never had that even when I don't use the exit game feature. Sounds like RNGsus doesn't love you

I think he's bound to Genichiro's dying wish

Reminder that the legend never dies.

Attached: the-legend-never-dies_o_3059653.jpg (640x650, 319K)

You gotta do the run from Ashina castle back towards the temple(same as going there but in reverse). Then you'll hit an idol that will teleport you to the fight arena.

As much as I disliked the game, that was one thing Nioh did right.

How similar is Nioh to Sekiro? Is it pretty much just the setting? I just finished Sekiro and I really want to play more of something like it

How can Isshin be such a chad? Every time Emma talks about him you just know they banged.

Old Graves-->Down the hill-->across the new bridge-->Outskirts in reverse

Is there no way back to the Outskirts though?

My prayer bead list says there's a miniboss there that drops a bead.

She's getting poisoned.

Play Onimusha instead.

Ah, thanks dude.

Play NGB.

Attached: NinjaGaidenBlack.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

Why was he so big compared to sekiro?

I had the same problem (input lag) and very bad framerate, when my Pc should have the specs to handle the game without problem. I googled right away "Sekiro lag issues" and the solution is like, in the 2nd link.

tl dr of the problem is that your Pc is probably running the game on the cpu rather than on the gpu.
Update your drivers nigga, and then if the problem perssist go look how to properly configure your card.

cheers.

I was dreading O'rin after reading about her on here but beat her first time. I think I find the one on ones with humans easier. Genichiro was simple while headless is fucking me so much.

when I started the game, running straight forward would continuously curve to the left slightly, and walking to the right would always be the slow walk, even with that slow option unbound
it stopped all of a sudden and i got to enjoy the game. made it to genichiro and it's back again, what gives?

Yeah, O'rin is only hard if you seriously don't understand how the game works. Just deflect everything and she dies fast.

Wolf is a mega manlet, for some reason.

Attached: wolfvsowl.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

You can fight O'rin before Genichiro and if you do so she's insanely tanky to the point where it feels impossible to win. This helps reinforce his reputation.

I didn't like it that much. The level design is worse, almost all equipment has rng stats, with another rng to reroll, upgrading weapons takes more farming than is worth doing, and the story was unintelligible (not in a Souls-style deepest lore, I just couldn't tell what the fuck was going on). I got it for $30, and I regret it.

it's actually unplayable now, geez

Did you guys buy all the skills yet?

Attached: 1538769181323.jpg (576x768, 51K)

I'm now having a lot of fun.
First it was very intimidating and I wondered how I could ever beat the game when the "beginner" bosses gave me so much trouble. But I eventually entered a flow state and I'm adept at the game now. Shinobi Hunter took me 30 minutes of effort, but today I beat Sven Spears on my first try

Attached: 109698714-352-k107147.jpg (352x550, 19K)

I assume malnutrition as a child.

>his
No idea why my brain did this to me now, sorry
>trap O'Rin
Not entirely unpleasant.

Is Lady Butterfly or Genichiro the true casual filter?

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

Beating Genichiro for the first time is fucking kino. It's where the game starts making sense if you didn't already totally figure it out from Lady Butterfly.

Attached: DtQTygA.jpg (2782x1280, 960K)

I fucking love the Seven Spears, they're so fun to fight. Probably my favorite minibosses in the entire game

Attached: Mikiri.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

You need a key I think as well. Guard house Key I think it's called.

Eh not even the setting is very similar. Yeah they both ostensibly take place in the Sengoku period, but Sekiro is to Nioh what Bloodborne is to The Order: 1886

My card has the latest drivers. As far as "properly configure your card", since all my other games run just fine I'm afraid I won't even know where to start looking for this..

No, there are only a few secret turny doors. One in Hirata Estates, one in the Ashina Dojo, one near the Wedding Cave, those are the important ones I recall.

DS1 = Sekiro > Bloodborne > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Attached: HiRj2LF.png (1000x1000, 1.09M)

>Sekiro is to Nioh what Bloodborne is to The Order: 1886
This is one of the most dumb fucking things ive ever read here.

>Was able to defeat Sword Saint after about 10 tries or so
>Was marathoning the game and had little sleep
>Trying to get Shura ending
>Dying to fucking Emma and barely getting to Isshin's second phase
What the fuck.
It's that grab attack that gets me. Any advice?

i haven't bought any techniques.
I've acquired skill
or as some say got good

Am I missing any major bosses? Just defeated the Owl at Hirata Estate (killed the two apes before it).

Attack power = 17
Vitality = 10

Seem about right?

Attached: 20190404023336_1.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

I died to this guy twice really quickly but the third time I deflected and mikiri'd everything.

Attached: 1507169386350.png (237x241, 128K)

Seething Niohfag.

Are there even seven of them in the game?

>tfw no tranny yandere gf
[chair rattling sounds]

Attached: Kamatari_ruk-706.png (327x605, 187K)

stop having a shit cpu
game runs fine on my 970 120 constant

how the FUCK do I beat owl the father? Any advice shinobros? I beat him the first time by using dirty hit and run tactics but I haven't been successful with that this time around

Git gud.

Attached: 1553365439511.png (1527x261, 771K)

No, but the description for one of the bead necklaces says that most of them have been slain by now

Take a break. Lady Butterfly had me raging. Came back to it the next day and beat her first time.

Thanks user. By praying woman you mean the old lady right?

Attached: 1554186353044.jpg (709x1024, 81K)

>needing that much vitality/AP

Yea, you should git gud

How do I beat Owl? I can't even get his first HP bar

Attached: sad_illya.png (350x370, 137K)

Cope.

Attached: Mortal Blade.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

But I have a 6700k

stop being a noob and get better then

Parry like your life depends on it and try and get a few hits in now and then. Also, instantly roll away if your posture breaks, because he's gonna stomp and grab you if you wait around.

Same as every other boss, just gotta learn his moves and how to parry them. Firecrackers work well against him too.

There are a total of 10 prayer bead necklaces, you both need to git gud.

So I've already gotten the blade and I want to help bro out, is there something I get for completing all the trainings? I haven't had a level 3 free training yet, I don't know if I'm missing a skill or something.

What's that offering box for anyway? I never found anything inside it.

Yea, you should cope and git gud

At Hirata estate? He's pretty fucking easy: My tips:

First form
>Stay in his face
>attack a lot to bait out his attacks so you can deflect
>when he does his combo and once you get a feel for it, start side step attacking him (when you're behind him) for a few free hits
>use mikri counter on his big dash attack
>don't side step his massive downward attack too quickly otherwise he will bait you by faking into another attack

2nd stage is identical except for:
>run away and Jump whenever he stands still and calls for his owl to go on his arm
>keep running away when he disappears and wait for him to land so you can get a free hti in

Also, when he does a big combo that ends in throwing his firecrackers, you can side step right into him and to his right/left to dodge his final attack and get a few free hits in.

Typical boss, once you get his moves down he's a cake walk.

Attached: 20190404023338_1.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

I've got three to go
Aka ~20 more skill points
They take so goddamn long to farm
Help

Nah you take the cake there, user. I'm talking about setting, not gameplay. Nioh takes place in a realistic Japan (relative to Sekiro) and involves real historical characters. Sekiro is entirely made up, has a much more fantastical style, and the only real location even mentioned is just "Japan"

Honestly I think Sekiro is probably the most difficult game I've ever played. at least in terms of how much raw skill it demands of you. Still tho, its not unfair in the slightest. You just need to keep trying and keep learning until you get good, and as long as you can adapt, recognize patterns, and have good reflexes, you can overcome anything the game throws at you

DON'T use thrust attacks until you know his vulnerability windows. He'll Makiri you and likely kill you.
Get good at parrying. If all else fails, use firecrackers.

Ignore your posture. If he breaks it, he'll always go for the steppy stomp move which you can roll out of with a fresh bar. Do NOT get hit by his debuff bomb, he'll get aggressive and smear your shit.
He is arguably the major skill check of the game. If you can beat him, you can beat anybody.

If you think Sekiro is hard, play God Hand. The only game I unironically considered rage quitting.

just finished with ISS and I did everything except surgeon quest and giant carp.

Attached: 20190403184503_1.jpg (1872x384, 218K)

>Not doing the surgeon quest
Pleb spotted.

Ashina was a real clan and the interior ministry is just Tokugawa.

Is he the only enemy who counters after a mikiri counter?

>fight old man
>use fire umbrella, protects against attacks from all directions
>doesn't protect from fire to your feet
???

I can always do it later, I am curious about emma and regular isshin fight too.is the return ending suppose to be the true ending because it leaves open room for a sequel?

>Not sending Kotoro to annoy the monk for all eternity
>Not helping Jinzaemon hook up with his waifu

Pleb spotted

I'm guessing it's for when you kill NPCs that sell things.

I did it on my second playthrough, what was the point of it? Turn him and whoever you send into red eyes? Get a pointless item? Did I miss a last step, or is the red eyes all you get?

>dinky Genichiro fight before Isshin
>have to do that fight and skip the surrounding cutscenes every time I die to the actual boss

Why does Miyazaki hate me
Stop wasting my fucking time

You really haven't played many games then, no offense.

Attached: GitGud.jpg (480x360, 21K)

I'm pretty sure the umbrella's description specifically states it can't protect your feet/lower body

>Stop wasting my fucking time
dont die then

>Jinzaemon
>hooking up with O'Rin
She thinks of him as a kid and she's still looking for that other guy.

>all I have left to do is Demon, Monkey Trouble 2.0 which I'm probably just going to skip because it looks antifun, and then the final boss.

I don't even want to play anymore. I don't want it to end. I'd say DLC when but if it's anything like standard From DLC it's going to be a cool setting with cool tools that is only 2 hours long.

Wait, tell me this isn't the boss that everyone was crying about.

Attached: 20190404025536_1.jpg (1920x1080, 677K)

I was going to make a shitty joke about God Hand needing an easy mode but then I remembered it has one

What games

Get in here, Shinobibros.

>0 pellets so probs 0 healing gourds
>firecrackers
>hurr ez

the 'corrupt' monk is the most laughable foe in the game, most mini-bosses are more trouble than her.

Isshin's flame bullshit counts as a carpet like Juzou's poison cloud, believe it or not it's unparriable, not even the umbrella can deal with it..

Yeah I don't know how so many ppl got stomped by her, she was like low-mid tier in difficulty

cope

Mini-bosses are unironically harder than the bosses.

Basically any serious action franchise. DMC is a good example but Bayonetta is much more punishing right out of the gate.

Don't defend bad design

The worst thing a game can do is disrespect the player's time.
Forcing you to fight a character you've already beaten, who himself is already a rehash of an earlier boss, before getting to try again on the REAL boss is shitty

What should happen is you walk into the arena and the Sword Saint fight is ready to go immediately. No cutscenes, no Genichiro.
Just the actual fight you're trying to do.

>DMC is a good example
>Bayonetta is much more punishing right out of the gate.

Attached: 1522260823500.png (613x594, 536K)