youtube.com/watch?v=wulYtR_2M4A
youtube.com/watch?v=5tEGjrKxVl8
youtube.com/watch?v=KCSDeT6dPSU
youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0
youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk
youtube.com/watch?v=7zp8Sg7Kv8Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But when tho

i only had to wait 18 years! take that consolefags1!!

insider testing allegedly starts in april for Reach.

Everyone talking about Borderlands 3 epic games, I'm still losing my shit over this actually coming to PC. So fucking ready bros.

I preordered that shit in 2010, I wanna be an insider, how do i do this

here you go man
halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-insider

HALO? Seriously? Isn't it just another braindead FPS?

Attached: 1372210338677.png (1389x1172, 1.22M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE

Attached: 1552621290790.jpg (1024x576, 165K)

I'm mainly an Xbox player but I'm happy that Halo is going to PC. Hopefully it can grow in popularity again and bring Halo back into the limelight.

>popular then
>sidescrolling shootan

>popular now
>forward shootan

Also those below images are nearly a decade old, needs some updating to reflect all the battle royale bullshit going on.

>muh snes
fuck off

>Always wanted to play Halo 3 when it came out but parents wouldn't buy a 360
>Would watch gameplay, Anoj top 10's, and machinima all day after school
>Played skinned campaigns on Custom Edition
>Finally get a 360 when Halo 4 dropped
>Halo 3 was long dead
>Only played one laggy BTB
I've always wanted this experience and I missed out on it 11 years ago. I'm so happy to have another chance bros

Attached: 1545493967520.png (170x170, 1K)

are you seriously bragging about getting decade old ports lol

Remember to teabag your enemies user. It's a courtesy after all.

>medal of honor
>popular
look at this dude

I'm glad MS is porting stuff to PC, but I feel like Halo is a very weak FPS. Movement is slow, arsenal is boring but there is good potential with the forge and a community.

You sound like. COD fag

CoD is okay, but there is a lot I would change in it.

ODST firefighting pls

We're going home, lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhhGiSBedE

Attached: 1553200165251.jpg (550x606, 46K)

Who /hogdriver/ here?

Attached: honkhooooooooooooooonk.png (886x764, 933K)

I am excited for you bro! Shit was amazing!

You ready for sick tunes again, user?
youtube.com/watch?v=T655Z_ccQNs

Attached: ODST.jpg (1242x1600, 288K)

here bro

Attached: 1524465668722.jpg (2518x1024, 592K)

the shit at the bottom went out of style 5+ years ago dude. it's about mobas and BRs now

What is the best Halo soundtrack and why is it Reach ODST is also a correct answer

youtube.com/watch?v=53_CUSmf8fQ

youtube.com/watch?v=a33iI6xfld0

You meant Halo 2, right user?

How do flights work? Will everyone get to join or only a number of people based on something no one knows?

its a secret

I miss the x-fire modded Halo 1 servers

Attached: skelly_sip.gif (500x500, 1.53M)

I did that before getting the game like half a year later. Enjoy it user.

what genres BR's usualy are?

Really?

H Y O I P

the most popular is a TPS.
The second most popular has the option for third person and first person.
not person you're replying to but what did you expect?

they are still shooters so the image still makes perfect sense, just change FPS to generic TPS games

I think it says a lot about the state of gaming that the most hyped games of the 2019 are both fucking 10 years old. WoW Classic and Halo on PC.

Attached: 1507431516827.png (256x256, 68K)

Preferred this bad boy. Years of Battlefield 2 helicopter experience combined with not-shit controls made this thing a monster in the right hands.

Attached: Falcon.jpg (708x398, 71K)

Playing with nostalgic feelings of consumers is a viable strategy.

But NO new game is as good as these old games? No newer release is generating as much hype as a game released fucking 10 years ago? What the fuck is wrong with this industry?

I would Hera said western games but not even that is true. I’m looking forward for Phoenix Point and Anno 1800, even if they are epic exclusives.

i like a lot of the proto aesthetics of various vehicles in reach.

Sekiro had insane hype.
Risk of Rain was popular before and it's new release has a good chunk of players too.

People pick up Borderlands again because the third title was announced. I don't know about hand-helds and console games but there are new titles that are very much hyped and well received unless you are a game journo.

Attached: 1446382142498.png (522x472, 47K)

It was never THAT good. The first two are decent, the third was kinda shitty. I got the MCC with the XBONE and eh, at best a decent game to play through with friends in coop.

Give me a proper remake of Marathon series instead.

but that's killzone???

1 and ODST are best, 2 and Reach are mostly forgettable with a few standout tracks. 2 had too much licensed crap though and oddly I remember Reach's best tracks weren't in the actual campaign.

>Marathon remake
pls no, they would butcher it

Going by how many threads there have been from mustards, is Halo the most world renowned FPS of all time? I've never seen PC dudes get so hyped over a game, let alone a console game that's 20 years old. Pretty cool stuff.

remember when Halo 2 was only playable on Windows Vista

>2 is forgettable

youtube.com/watch?v=sCxv2daOwjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=mUD9dX0aNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=7W5TvaBdNJc
youtube.com/watch?v=i5jPy-GmyUc
youtube.com/watch?v=LVsn4BjK6Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
youtube.com/watch?v=wYqWU4N88E4
youtube.com/watch?v=MoHCpa4rG7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Ehd-cihwTKs
youtube.com/watch?v=gZEyH0G0mEw
youtube.com/watch?v=_dWMv2hfck0
youtube.com/watch?v=mLApwePH1rU
youtube.com/watch?v=3IzDPgoI8TU
youtube.com/watch?v=zQB2T_3s9HU
youtube.com/watch?v=wulYtR_2M4A

its more that many people played the originals on Xbox and the 360, enjoying them massively and have massive nostalgia (not that this is a bad thing) and look forward being able to play Halo 1 2 3, ODST and Reach again on 2019 systems, often good PC so in high resolutions and quality and they can enjoy their favorite moments again in the game in a more immersive and visceral experience and often remind them of older times.

I guarantee that 70%~ of buyers of the PC version played the originals to some degree at least with fond memories.

I'll be your gunner bro

I mean, it's just strange how Halo was an xbox/microsoft exclusive and it took them that long to finally take that step.

WHY IS PERIL SO FUCKING PERFECT

I own all the Halo's on all platforms and I'm still getting MCC PC edition, even if I don't get it for free with that Play Anywhere shit

>WHY IS PERIL SO FUCKING PERFECT
I think the question you should be asking is why did 343 feel the need to fuck with a perfect song?

Peril from Halo 2: youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
"Peril" from Halo 2 Anniversary: youtube.com/watch?v=5tEGjrKxVl8

H2A got a lot of things right, but quite frankly this is akin to fucking murder. Thank Christ I can change the audio back while still using the better visuals.

>Thank Christ I can change the audio back while still using the better visuals.
How

Thanks for the back up user.

>playing Halo with a mouse
sure will be fun with everyone grabbing the sniper and dying instantly over and over. game was designed with controllers in mind.

Attached: xf05gy0caun21.jpg (760x460, 176K)

Modded Xbone

yeah this was super evident in Halo Online. You basically can't miss with it. I think they should remove a mag from it and increase spawn time or else it's going to be a massacre

Attached: noice.jpg (330x190, 5K)

The equalising is all fucked up on their version. The background jingle is overpowering what should be the leading beat, which is being drowned out and its tail end is barely even audible.

But beta testing is going to be on PC too?

post yfw you don't receive the first insider flight

Attached: 1357547652530.gif (320x192, 666K)

can't wait bros

Attached: Cortana12.jpg (600x720, 248K)

lol what, the jingle is way louder in the original

It literally isn't, I think you're confused about what's being stated. By the sound of it you're mixing up the main beat with the secondary beat. In the H2A version the string instruments (what sounds like a double bass, I'm on shit headphones so it's hard to tell) at 00:24 are completely overpowering the whole song. In the original version the same instrument isn't anywhere near as loud.

>Everyone talking about Borderlands 3 epic games
Literally nobody but the shills post about BL3 or EGS because they're both shit.

>2 and Reach are mostly forgettable
>2
>forgettable

>Fucking Marty O'donnell with motherfucking Steve Vai
>forgettable

>calling that a jingle
>actual jingling instrument in the background
i hate music discussions on Yea Forums

also there are definitely cellos in those chords

I'm not the same user, you also didn't argue against it after I pointed it out.

i didn't because you're right, it's overpowering when those strings come in

youtube.com/watch?v=KCSDeT6dPSU
Move along, best main menu coming in. Music also jumps from 100 to 1000 at 1 min.

Unyeilding, In Amber Clad, and Follow are such hype songs

Thanks for the memories.

Favourite Halo song right here though.
youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0
Got some Phil Collins vibes and that chunky bass line

and for some reason they're playing a sharp accented marcato instead of a smooth flowing arco, which really adds to the overpowering problem

Follow is so fucking great, but the damn song plays in an area that 90% of people skip. I always fly around as much as possible destroying all the gunner emplacements listening to it.

i really do think this is one of the best halo songs for not only how good it is, with its atmosphere and bassline, making it s really relaxing but emotion piece, but the fact it was made for a first time game and developer by someone relatively new to it.

>Paying 60$ To RENT a 9yo game
Pc cuck race in a nutshell

>only reach
>no splitscreen
>no price confirmed
>AAA early access shit with no mod tools and missing modes

*Only Reach at launch
*Confirmed roughly $10 per game

>only reach

are you retarded or something?

>at launch
With no timeframe given for the rest of the games.
>confirmed
Where?
The other games are coming "later", PC only gets Reach.

Attached: Splash Damage Newsletter.jpg (599x669, 148K)

>Insider testing.
Porting halo can't be that fucking hard that they need months of testing.

>throughout the year
So it could be 6 months between Reach and any of the other games. It could even take that long for them to release Forge so we''re not stuck on the garbage maps Reach came with.

you do realize the MCC is out on xbox as well right? its been out for a while and its got Reach, 1 2 3 and ODST. Yes PC "only" gets reach but thats at launch, they have stated the PC MCC gets 1 2 3 4 ODST and Reach so it hardly "ONLY" gets reach.

CE is being worked right now in tandem with reach

Don't be intellectually dishonest, user. Megaman X and Metroid are both platformers.

>at launch
Sorry, I don't get excited for early access cancer.
CE is already playable on PC and has been for 16 years.

Yeah if you want to play with a handful of mexicans on meme game modes

>early access cancer.

>literal full game number 1 of 6 full games is the same as 0.2 EA Alpha by some indie dev on steam

lol youre being so contrarian and upset its hilarious

All the games on the top have less mechanics than one class in battlefield

"After the orbital elevator fell, supply warehouses sending munitions to space were soon abandoned."

Attached: H3_DLC_Foundry_Environment-EMPTY.jpg (1920x1080, 806K)

>full game
Not quite, it's missing Forge and Theater.
You are being charged for promises, that is the exact definition of early access.

Honest question. Do any of the games in this series accurately create this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk

I never had a microsoft console growing up. I had a hand-me-down Genesis from my uncle and eventually I saved up for a Gamecube but that was my last non-handheld until I got a PS4. Halo 2, 3, and maybe ODST(?) always got a lot of praise but I didn't get to try any of them. This trailer had a good feel to it though. Is it honest? Does ODST or any other game in the franchise instill this kind of feeling?

Attached: f57.jpg (600x497, 23K)

>the most hyped games of the 2019
do you genuinely think WoW Classic or Halo are more hyped than DmC5, KH3 or RE2?

delusional as fuck. actually funny.

Attached: 1510164531115.png (477x342, 183K)

And to be clear, I'm asking if any of the games really deliver on the 'we're all in this together as brothers, even if the experience is mentally, spiritually, and physically torturous, we need to do this, because FUCK aliens' feel.

hey, no problem, just wait until every single game and feature is released on the MCC and then buy it, enjoy firing up reaches multiplayer in 6 months after launch once you finally get around to playing it and see how many players you encounter while halo 2 and 3 have their MP's running at the same time

such a sag fag lmao
>b-b-but they might not deliver on their promise and cancel the whole MCC mid way through doing the theater feature for halo reach, t-trust me guys, its best to not buy it until they have delivered EVERYTHING just to be sure!!! you never know!!!

>>b-b-but they might not deliver on their promise
They didn't the first time.

if you like firefly actors and meme dialogue

>they're doing CE after reach instead of 2 or 3
Fucking 343, man. It's like they want this to be shit.

1 2 3 have the feeling of being the Hero in this grand galactic scale chain of events where you feel a sense of destiny and good as you never stop to save all life.

ODST is you being the silent rookie, lost, under powered and isolated in a giant destroyed city filled with aliens, slowly re-grouping your team and achieving your mission.

Reach is about being a team of highly trained, super soldiers slowly but surely losing a battle against a superior force and accepting the fact you wont win this battle but you will do everything you can to save as many innocents as you can and make sure as many of the Aliens pay as you can.

"Software simulations are held in contempt by the veteran instructors who run these training facilities."

Attached: Thepit_1.jpg (1536x1152, 272K)

CE is the pleb filter.

Worst map in the series.

>DmC5, KH3
Ew

Worst taste on this board.

Combat Evolved was so surreal and atmospheric on the first few playthroughs.

None of them, really. You're always a supersoldier tearing shit up. Even in ODST you're like a Spartan-lite. If there had been more chemistry among the characters in Reach, maybe there it could have worked, since on Legendary difficulty shit gets real tough real fast and you're just fighting a losing battle.

Attached: 1426979734544.jpg (1200x1888, 1.83M)

^
The pit actually sucks balls.

i never see narrows/epitath get any love.

Is Yea Forums retarded? Halo and Halo 2 were released on PC early 2000s

Attached: Untitled picture.png (829x635, 67K)

t. avalanche fag

Do you live under a rock? DMC5 had way more hype than either of these. Sekiro and KH3 had more hype. RE2make had more hype. Sekiro and DMC5 are still getting multiple threads daily. I guarantee there are 5 threads about Sekiro up right now.

SHOTGUN

*AHEM*

Attached: LOH2C.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

>N-NEGATIVE SIR I THINK WE LOST HIM...

Attached: 1554316000003.jpg (490x200, 53K)

Git gud

Attached: 1554160310758.webm (640x360, 1.06M)

You can only do this kind of stuff in a single game.

"A relic of older conflicts, this base was reactivated after the New Mombasa Slipspace Event."

Attached: High_Ground_Sniper-Gate_View.jpg (1536x1152, 388K)

>halo 2 soundtracks are forgettable
>i remember every one of these songs and where they play

I imagine a sizeable portion of today's PC community began playing on consoles. Personally I began on N64, then went to PS2 and Gamecube, then Xbox 360 and now PC.

Halo 3 and Reach in particular hit a very sweet spot for many people. The possibility of re-living the glory days of your childhood in 1080p 60fps is a reason to get excited.

LET SHOT ME SOMETHING?

Can you blame people when most AAA studios are shitting out cookie cutter yearly releases with loot boxes?

>spongebob eating snail chow.png

Taking the obvious bait, but Halo 2 vista was fucked by GFWL.
Halo PC is sick though, the Custom Edition has kept the game alive for so long.

Wrong, you just have to know the map. If you weren't regurgitating the same opinion and played the game for yourself you'd know there was a huge learning gap.

Have you even played any of the multiplayer in the original trilogy?

Attached: 1553765652732.png (1144x888, 409K)

"Snowmelt from Kilimanjaro feeds reservoirs every bit as vital as the fuel and ammunition stores."

Attached: Rat's_Nest.jpg (1280x720, 871K)

Not just another, zoomer. It invented the genre.

2D GOOD

>Gamers like good games

This is big news to you?

underrated map

Why is it every time we have a thread about Halo there has to be some 50 year that comes in here and lectures us about "good" games?

Attached: 1535740715413.jpg (604x340, 69K)

If you hate people having different opinions, reddit would be happy to accept you.

>Picking up the hammer/Brute shot
>Blowing hogs into the void as they pass by

It's not a 50yo, rest assured. It's a bunch of memeing kids trying to act cool

Nice projection. Why dont you go bump another twitter screencap thread, nigger.

Attached: 1553854615039.jpg (481x566, 28K)

In which map the “flood” starts to take over the field?

keep going.
youtube.com/watch?v=7zp8Sg7Kv8Q

Deflect harder, faggot.

Attached: halo charity.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

This is completely assbackwards. Pussies go for the hog because they don't have the balls it takes to get splatters with the mongoose. Because they're little bitches.

Of course they need a shitload of time. Unless the game pertfectly supports meme resolutions, 800hz monitors, 720º FOV and is 100% bug free neckbeards will review bomb it

>DMC
>KH3

Bubble.

I want it to release on PC so fucking bad. Jesus fucking christ hurry the fuck up. Why even announce it if you aren't going to release it until some nebulous "soon" time.

I WANT TO FUCKING PLAY GOD DAMN IT

Claim your waifu

Attached: alice 130.jpg (800x539, 65K)

>Beta-testing.
>I reconnected with old friends.
>I got my two 7 year old nephews into Halo 3.
>I got my 31 year old brother excited about games for the first time in years.
>I got my 15 year old little brother and my 14 year old nephew into Halo.
>I reconnected with my early childhood and had a great time running through the campaign law on legendary.
>Overall has great fun and fell back in love with a franchise I almost forgot about.

60 console bucks well spent, you cynical faggot

Hadn't seen that one before. Nice.

Attached: 1426980057861.jpg (1245x700, 290K)

Thats not master chief.

>still no release date

Shit taste

>Gamma station, this is Fermion RSO. Unconfirmed report of an in-system slipspace rupture.

Attached: 1548827159924.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Flight test soon, user.

Attached: 1554232219582.jpg (1080x1657, 500K)

impossible check your source

Attached: 1536716843740.gif (964x912, 98K)

>Live in New Mombasa
>In the club with your homies
>Yfw you look out the window and see a super carrier emerging from a slipspace rupture

Attached: 1550967666353.jpg (433x427, 86K)

damn that fucking sucks bro i'm so sorry

maybe you can play it now and forget your shitty childhood

"Some believe the Forerunner preferred desolate places. Others suggest that few other sites survived the Flood."

Attached: Epitaphh.jpg (1536x1152, 194K)

Now THIS was a shit map.

It's a step in the right direction. Sometimes old things are just better.

This map was not only the blandest looking map, But was also the worst arena map in any halo game to date.