what's da best mario kart

Attached: MK.png (1280x705, 1.47M)

Crash Team Racing

I dunno about best, but 64 is the worst

Mario Kart DS is the best. Don't @ me.

Attached: anime.jpg (703x685, 151K)

Wii

Respectable tastes.

8 Deluxe is the most feature complete. Wii is my personal favorite, but I have a soft spot for 7 as well.

Double Dash

7 was shit

8 (Deluxe) > Wii > 7 > DS > 64 > DD > SNES > SC

ok retard

BRING HIM BACK

Attached: ROB_-_Mario_Kart_DS.png (1101x897, 454K)

Diddy Kong Racing > Crash Team Racing > Mario Kart

>ruins your series

Attached: NewWingedBlueSpinyShellMK8.png (1722x1713, 1.52M)

I know it's not as good as Wii or 8, but I still had a lot of fun with the online.
Playing with Yea Forums was the best.

Attached: odd one out.jpg (960x720, 231K)

Only brainlets can't understand why Mario Kart actually need the blue shell. However making it so that it can hit people who aren't in first was a mistake.

Wii > DS > 8 > 64 > SNES > GP > DD > 7

Double Dash, followed by 64

>it can hit people who aren't in first
I thought that was just in 64

objectively mario kart 6

>getting hit by the blue shell when you're not first
Imagine being this shit lmao

>blue shell is actually super smart you guys
No it's fucking not, of you throw a blue shell, you're most likely around 8th place, and the only thing your shell will do is get the dude in first place to become the dude that 4th place, while not gaining you any spots.

a weapon that punishes a player for being good rather than assisting a player for being bad is objectively terrible

As of 7 and 8 it went back to being able to hit people on the way to first

Your complaint isn't about the blue shell itself, but about the position in which it's obtained in mk8, and I agree. MK8's item system is trash.
It doesn't punish anyone for being good, it balances out the fact that you won't get hit by anything else while you're in first, because you can just block everything by trailing an item.

As a guy who is pretty good at Mario Kart, I can see the necessity for it. When someone gets some distance into first place, without the blue shell there would be nothing to drag them back down. It would basically be a guaranteed win unless they fuck up majorly (which they wouldn't), since 2nd place could only fight with bananas, green shells and the odd red shell (which first could defend with bananas really easily). You need some equalizer, and truly good players can have enough distance to where a blue shell doesn't matter. Or just brake to 2nd when someone has one. Or defend against it depending on the game.

>be comfy in first because i'm better at the game than the people i'm racing
>suddenly a blue shell flies at me
>oh wait i didn't get the low chance to get horn to protect me
>get full stop stunned for several seconds and there was nothing i could do
>i wasn't punished though haha

>pretty good at Mario Kart
video or didn't happen

Attached: king_harkinain_mah_boi___glow_by_hidankakuzupsychogal_d2ndr5q.png (1236x949, 239K)

>you won't get hit by anything else while you're in first
Lightning, bullet bills, invincibility stars, mega mushrooms, boomerangs, piranha plants, and ricocheting green shells would like to have a word with you.

I like 7 more than 8 for some reason.

If you complain about the blue shell then you simply aren't very good at the game. It is perfectly balanced:
>game gives you numerous ways to avoid it
>if the race is close, you can catch 2nd/3rd place in the crossfire if you drive near them
>punishment for getting hit in 8 isn't even that severe

user, I'm pretty good at MK but lapping is pretty fucking rare

putting it on wings ruined the series. taking everyone else out on the way helps, only taking the #1 player out does jack shit when you're in last.

if the horn wasnt a fucking miniscule chance it would have been fine in 8.

n-no I'm good, guise. i beat my cousin all the time.

>Lightning
Affects everyone else on the track

>bullet bills, invincibility stars, mega mushrooms, boomerangs, piranha plants, and ricocheting green shells
You will never encounter any of these if you have a sizeable lead unless you are racing on a very short track where overtaking is likely (like Baby Park)

Without the blue shell, the only thing first place will ever have to worry about is the ocassional red shell (which is trivial to block).

>capturing footage from a Switch then converting it to a webm so I can prove my skill in a children's game to anonymous users of a taiwanese basket-weaving forum
I don't even have Deluxe, I mainly played DS and 8.

3-starred all the Grand Prix pretty much my first attempt. Regularly place first in online races. Obviously there will be some races where you get "bad luck", but if your bad luck happens during the first two laps you generally should be able to recover. If you're skillful at the game, you'll win the vast majority of the time.

Your Worst Nightmare Team Racing

Attached: 1553706903724.jpg (1024x576, 200K)

>drives off the road into the rock of Wuhu Island

I've sunk the most time into Wii but 8 Deluxe is the best in the series.

Here is the objective indisputable ranking of each Mario Kart game. Don't even bother to criticize it because it's laced with nothing but pure, logical fact.

DS > 8D > Wii > DD > 7 > SC > SMK > actual shit > 64

This. The Blue Shell used to work by hitting everyone on its way to first. That made sense, because then the person who used it could feasibly use it to catch up. By only hitting the first place person it just becomes a king making item; "do I want the second and first place players to switch?"

DS Mario Kart sucks

It was shit but I actually liked Super Circuit
I doubt it will happen but I want a Mario Kart Ultimate, every racer that appeared in the series, every course plus new ones.

Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed

It's been shit since Wii.

Attached: MARIOKARTARCADEGPDX.jpg (520x520, 161K)