Can anyone explain the time travel part to me?

Can anyone explain the time travel part to me?

Is sekiro "always" going back to the past in a not-alterable time continuum, or did he change the events?
To me it seems everything is scripted to go like that so future sekiro will always be at the hirata estate fire night

Attached: 1553411378192.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

It's not time travel, baka. he's just remembering the events. As for the fight with Owl at the Hinata estate, that shit obviously never happened. It's more of a what if scenario.

FOOLISH SAMURAI

>Uh I sure remember blasting lady butterfly with my lategame prostethics 3 years ago
>It's not like I had a flesh arm back then

yes

Its how the game gets around something like this by explicitly making it not be time travel.

The reality of the situation was probably Sekiro fighting Lady Butterfly with a regular arm but you experience a "memory" of it with Sekiro in his current state because he doesn't remember the event.

Well put user.

Why's Yea Forums so bad at video games nowadays?

Attached: servbot-mega-man-legends-9.48.jpg (210x240, 11K)

Heh, why wouldn't he not remember

He's remembering it differently. At no point does it affect the present.

when sculptor says that the events in the Buddha might not have necessarily happened he's saying the exact order you as a player go about doing things there as well as your prosthetic arm are obviously not reflective of how things actually happened. in reality, effectively everything that happens in the memory happens for real except for the prosthetic arm's usage and the contents of the second memory.
the memory serves two story purposes:
establishing kuro and wolfs relationship
establishing owl's true motivations and allegiance (i think he was behind the hirata attack to begin with, him or genichiro)

t. Myazaki caught making shit up

>establishing kuro and wolfs relationship
all I needed was glancing at his feet in the first cutscene to understand

GOTTA GET BACK
BACK TO THE PAST
SEKIRO JACK
WATCH OUT

>establishing owl's true motivations and allegiance (i think he was behind the hirata attack to begin with, him or genichiro)
you don't know that until way late in the game

>nowadays

Attached: 1542740468085.jpg (960x640, 106K)

>he was behind the hirata attack
If you eavesdrop during the second memory the drunkard explicitely mentioned they managed the sneak attack because Owl provided them info.

You can deduce it if you're particularly observant and notice the sword impaling you is the same one Owl is carrying.

But it's irrelevant because the next time you see Owl there's no doubt he's a traitor.

>You can deduce it if you're particularly observant and notice the sword impaling you is the same one Owl is carrying.
lmao it was so red I thought it was the mortal blade

ive not completed the second memory myself.
in the first memory wolf gets back stabbed by a massive sword. later in the game we see owls sword in his required boss fight and that's when it clicked for me. so i suppose you're right that it is way later.

He has really bad memory, same reason why he didn't remember that he had the cherry blossom branch the entire time.

wow spoilers
fuck off?!