Comfy settlement nestled between two Horde cities

>Comfy settlement nestled between two Horde cities
>Nearly the entire faction together in one place, facilitating social interaction and strengthening the community
>Harsh climate reinforces Horde values and kinship
>Quests for days; so many that you can pick and choose what you want to do
>Can start at 10 and still have appropriate-leveled quests left come 25
>Stonetalon and Ashenvale are right next door if you need a change of scenery
>Wailing Caverns is a stone's throw away
>Two more 5-mans for higher levels, significantly delaying the zone's obsolescence
>Serves as a gateway to the entire rest of Kalimdor; never feel far apart from your higher-level brethren
>Access to superior travel, with nearby safe transportation to both Tirisfal and Stranglethorn
>Three flight paths by late Vanilla, making journies across the expansive zone a breeze.
>Cool hills to climb and use as vantage points
>Oases full of deviate fish to relax at

Horde leveling will forever make Alliance seethe.

Attached: barrensmap.jpg (1028x685, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA
youtube.com/watch?v=SsnR59GF51c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guys please where can I find mankrik's wife? Somebody told me on thottbot but I don't know where that is.

CHUCK NORRIS SUCKS

with me lmao

Ratchet is the comfiest neutral town
debate me

>retailcucks eternally seething over Classic

Attached: 21625c2a5244.gif (426x192, 82K)

XR is the fucking shizznit
Always liked Alliance's Redridge Mountains a lot too, but every time I tried leveling an alliance character past that I just dropped it.

well done, Horde, well done
HOWEVER
youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA

You're right. The way the whole town kinda just slopes into the beach. The gulf like nature of it. The river that lets out just north of the town. The traveling merchant constantly making rounds. The inn that overlooks the rest of the town. It's golden. Close runners up are Booty Bay and Everlook.

>h*rde
miss me with that gay shit pham

Attached: horde.jpg (1416x1326, 595K)

Elwynn's pretty aight but Westfall is shit

NOT ENOUGH RAGE

Horde level 1-30ish:
Durotar -> Barrens

Alliance level 1-30ish:
Northshire -> Elywnn Forest -> Westfall -> Redridge -> Darkshire -> Upper STV
OR
Teldrassil -> Darkshore -> Ashenvale -> Stonetalon Mnts.
OR
Dun Morough -> Wetlands -> Arathi Highlands

I NEED MORE MANA

I've leveled 4-5 chars to 60 on Alliance. Unless you grind, you're going to have to do at least 5-10 quests or more in another race's 10-30 zones.

FUCK BAGDUSH THAT NINJALOOTING CUNT

How are pallys
>tfw newfag whose never touched the game

RELOAD

Attached: ifureadthisurmomwilldietonightlolegetrektfeggit.png (709x503, 312K)

>Alliance
>Stonetalon or Arathi
you'd be lucky to get a level out of each

[5. Local Defense]: The Crossorads are under Attack!
[1. General][Xxallikillerxx]: WHERE IS MANKIRIKS WIFE???

Paladins are jacks of all trade and offer some of the best utility on the restrictive engine the game runs on.
They are great.

One of the most boring and mind numbing classes to level but you'll always get a raid spot if you make it. Just don't pretend like you're anything but a buffer until later tiers where you become a decent healer in general.

you can blow out undead rogue faggots (which will be 50% of horde pop) in a single gcd

The most hardcore class due to the extreme gear requirement needed to be viable unless holy, I implore you to play anything but pally unless you've sunk years on private servers.

This place is actually known for being the most boring place to level in wow history

Vanilla was never good. I am amazed how much nostalgia blinds people. The rotation of dps classes was at most 3 buttons. Vanilla objectively lacks features that modern wow has.

What private server should I start on?

This is an opinion held exclusively by Alliance players who only know it as the brown place with long walks to RFK/RFD

who /notgoingtoseriouslyplaybuthopeitsucceedssoBlizzimplementsBCservers/ here

pure /comfy/

>Vanilla objectively lacks features that modern wow has."
Yes. That's why it's good and modern WoW is shit.
t. been raiding on numerous classic/TBC private realms for the past decade and still enjoys it

isn't thotbot that robot outside of gnomeregan? how is that ever going to help you?

needs more diversity

For me it was Dun Morogh but thats just because i played Dwarf first. Loved the warm cosy taverns and snowy outdoors areas. When i was a newb i kept the first snow leopard i tamed there for my entire character. Walking into ironforge for the first time was something else. God i miss it.

boooo

Attached: 1554012722683.png (677x683, 425K)

Yeah, I need lfd and lfr and other shit to never leave capital too.

how are those not all valid points lol

>That retardin who thinks Forsaken players actually count as Undead

Attached: Forsaken.png (619x664, 100K)

Guess you will feel right at home then considering bfa rotation is at most 3 buttons.

>leveling
sheer pain. Not due to difficulty, but because it's so boring despite being practically impossible to kill if you're not an idiot
>dungeons
while leveling you can only dps unless you have healing gear, and while you'll probably be sub par in damage, you'll have some pretty nice utility, especially if you have a druid healer. End game dungeons aren't exactly hard, but you'll be best off healing for them
>Raids
you're basically doomed to heal
>PvP
once you're geared, you're either a roadblock healer that doesn't die/run away at a stiff breeze, or the bane of all rogues

boring to level but invencible
On WPVP, as long as you know that you are not a warrior with mortal strike, they are awesome with many supporting abilities

how are they valid?

Booty Bay is the best one and it's not even close.

Can't decide what Horde race to roll as Priest

Fucking this

I fucking hate classic. My wife's bull said he won't have time to breed her anymore due to classic release, he's going to roll a ret pala...

Like what the fuck, bros? Why can't he just play BfA like me? Just because he hasn't had a vasectomy?

Attached: 1461500371839.jpg (770x711, 176K)

>westfall
>shit
i dunno i always thought it was super comfy when i was playing through it.

true, I usually did:
Elywnn --- > Westfall + Loch Modan ---> Redridge +Wetlands ---> Wetlands + Darkshire ---> STV

>>That retardin who thinks Forsaken players actually count as Undead
reminder that forsaken SHOULD either count as undead OR remove/change wotf
t. lock/pally player

>He doesn't want to join the cult of the forgotten shadow
>he doesn't want Devouring plague

Troll priests are retarded looking and it feels stupid casting holy magic. Yeah sure they have voodoo faith and medicine men in the lore but this is much better reflected by playing a fucking shaman

Troll mages are stupid as well

Fuck you Tirisifal and Silverpine are kino.

I don't think i'm going to play classic, as i'm not playing live either, because i want to do other things with my limited time now that i'm not 15 anymore and can't spend the whole day playing video games but i'm going to gloat big time if this thing launches and eclipses the BFA and the next expacs in subs.

They will want to monetize this, but i can't see how they would do it. It's from an era in which the people working on games and especially mmos were nerds which means it wasn't built around sucking money out of you.

worse than shaman at every role, maybe tied for healing

>thinks he's gonna get a dps spot as ret
Don the dress, fag.

Attached: sp.gif (250x209, 1.82M)

He meant reckbomb, brainlet

because all of those things are true generally

>Being a Tauren Shaman
>Starting your water totem quest in early morning
>Finishing your quest late at night with the moon shining down on Silverpine's shore
God damn that was fucking comfy

Attached: 1350353846868.jpg (384x494, 52K)

>this game is older than this one so that mean it's also worse
>valid point
okay bruh.

You better start to love cloth gear

This. Would be pretty cool to see all those elite Ud mage tears flow if/when they get Turn Undeaded

Is rogue/warrior going to end up being the most played classes again? I really want to go rogue again since it's what played from vanilla to wotlk but I'm afraid of how much fucking loot competition there is going to be since now everyone know exactly what their pre-raid bis is.

>that rotting brainlet who thinks a pala needs any of his anti-undead spells to 5hit ko a shitty 4k hp leather cuck in a single reckbomb
the absolute state of undead cucks

Darkshore fucking blown.

>while leveling you can only dps unless you have healing gear
That's nowhere near true. The most important thing a tank needs for leveling dungeons is the balls to actually tank the dungeon. If your class can tank, and you're willing to tank, you'll be the tank 90% of the time, no matter if there are a bunch of other people in your group that would be 'better' at it than you. If you level up a paladin and don't obstinately refuse to tank I'd bet that most of your dungeon runs end up with you tanking and one or more warriors dps-ing.

As much as id hate to give a single of my hard-earned shekels to actiblizzard, i would pribably make the dip if it was a 1time payment without subscription

>inb4 classic is delayed to next year

Attached: nononopon.jpg (422x441, 183K)

Vanilla was good cause it was first MMO for tons of people. Lack of knowledge, people excited about everything, everyone trying out stuff...Nowadays people would just rush till cap lvl and look after a fast way to gear up, then gank low levels (not noobies cause no noobie will go in)
Most people shilling classic are people who were late. It won´t happen again. E-sports mentality killed magic.

>retardin
>getting gear over warrior-bulls
>EVER
>callssomeone a cuck

>paladin
>a class that can tank
Pick one

cant wait for classic hype train derailment

>Paladins
>Over warriors
>In classic
Sure

they're the worst at it, but they can easily tank 5-mans

>rogue cuck
>spends hours to find a MC pug that will tkae his green geared ass
>gets reckbombed by a pally who farmed R13 gear in a premade because every premade wants palas
>nobody wants a shitty rogue in a premade
lmao

It's not a problem for raids since you want lots of rogues so you should get your guild to help. Gearing is only an issue if you're trying to pug because no tank wants rogues in their group.

Sorry, Warrior, that gear is mine ;^)

Paladins couldn't feasibly tank while leveling. They simply couldn't reliably hold aggro and needed to drink far too often.

Yeah I know I'm just being a cunt. It is a bit more difficult to tank at early levels though. They have a much better time at 60 in things like Strat/Scholo.

>no tank wants rogues in their group
Since when was this a thing? Rogues have the best threat mitigation in the game. I could see being skeptical since a lot of rogues are dog shit, but in general a decent rogue is great for dungeons.

90% of the warrior are fags that rolled them for whirlwind and dps. also pretty much every 5 men can be tanked by simply equipping a shield/switching to bear form

>in a premade
So this is the power of paladins, hiding behind warriors and hunters like a priests? No wonder why cloth fits you better.

>lol

Attached: 8724698.jpg (990x553, 150K)

Right, if it wasn't a sub, I'd consider it. Make a character I'd visit every now and then. My schedule is just too busy to be paying for a game that I only get to play a little at a time. Not like middle school where I could play for hours on end after class.

Warriors or ferals don't want any loot competition. Similar for hunters.

It happened to me all the time while I was leveling. Every fucking warrior had a mile long list of reasons why he shouldn't tank the dungeon.
>m-muh dps gear
>muh low 1-hand skill
>no good shields
>muh specs (even though it doesn't nearly matter for the dungeons we're doing)
as I said, if you aren't actively afraid of tanking, you'll probably be doing it.

Horde > Alliance
Shaman > Paladin
Fury > Prot

Attached: zoomer.png (407x327, 36K)

Can't wait to lay siege to the Crossroads over and over again on my Night Elf

>crafts arcanite reaper to farm in holy-rec build and destroy bgs by giviing bof to warriors
>gets free invite into every raid
>gets t1 and other healing plate in no time coz no loot competition and overall paladin superiority. t1 has overall great stats for pvping.
>gets free hand of rag coz warriors drool over BRE

Reckchad destroying roguecuck effortlessly.webm

>usually male UD rogue on Pservers
>online friend is going alliance with his friend
>If I don't play with them there's no one else and they aren't exactly baddies
w-well.. I guess it is either fem nelf preist or fem hum mage for me.. h-haha..

>that gear is mine ;^)
Like fuck it is. You will put on the sluttiest dress you have and worship the BigWarriorCock, you whore.

>Sorry, Warrior, that gear is mine ;^)
it's going to be great to see reality dawn on you retcucks
hope you enjoy wearing cloth

Warriors are so adept at dodging the job you might have better luck finding a beartank. Even a Shammy could wind up having to tank for his group of 3 Fury shitters all gunning for their tusken helm.

its pretty great over near Undercity as well. You don't have to enter hostile lands until way late. I mean if you're a pussy about pvp.

Great post OP. Made me actually miss the game for a few minutes.

I mean, lame as the pally is. At least that player has his priorities straight with playing that class.

>grinding goblin rep to max just so raiding alliance get shitcanned by the gobbos when you pvp in their town

youtube.com/watch?v=SsnR59GF51c

>tfw when every sm group has at least 3 mail users yet you still can't find tanks

Attached: 1553036937925.gif (500x500, 448K)

What private server is recommended till classic drops?

Attached: pepe guitar solo.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

I'm not sure how you can even hold this opinion. Booty Bay is objectively the best town in the fucking game bar none. Everlook is still leaps ahead of Ratchet just by virtue of the fact that it's in Winterspring. Holy fuck you mongoloids have no taste.

None. Save your experience for the real deal. Don't risk burn out or attachment on a shitty chink gold selling mill.

That's why they have WoTF, they were undead in the beta I believe.

>was a shaman until 1.8
>joined a friend alliance side and made a Paladin
>want to play shaman for the nostalgia and the fact that horde leveling is far superior but paladin was my favorite class until WOTLK

Attached: Medieval_Persian_manuscript_Muhammad_leads_Abraham_Moses_Jesus.jpg (1073x680, 359K)

great healers
great at pvp
cant tank raids (no taunt lol) but can tank dungeons
great raid healers

overall one of the best t b h

Yep, the reality that the pally is ninja looting your gear and nobody will ever believe you when you bitch about it on trade

Yeah, the feel of "geting your moneys worth" is deffinetly one argument against sub fee if one lives on a tight schedule.
For me its a about the principle - i already have bought the game 10 years ago and if they expect fans to buy it again with ending up geting nickled and dimed with a sub fee under the vague guise of maintanance and quality (in a day and age where the comunity has kept the dream going for years for free) id lose the last shreds of respect for that company.
Its so stupid amd greedy id think they will actually do it as a sick parody of the pricing model of other blizzard games that sure dont show any generocity with skin and card prices just to see what they can get away with. After all... Blizzdrones will eat up anything.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but Northwatch Hold had some amazing game design. Getting the orange/red quests in Ratchet and being forced to choose between running half the zone away to level up before returning to solo them or grouping with random bros to kill the human fuckers was one of the best ways Blizz forced players to be social for their own efficiency

Going to be great watching Hunters roll on fucking everything.

just dont invite them?

They're still providing a service and having a sub keeps jokesters and other types you -really- don't want to have a social experience with at bay but i wonder if they will make you buy the game again. That would be scummy even in my book.
If it's sub only then i can get behind it.

I think I might make a hard rule against grouping with hunters. I'll bring some along for raids, that's fine, but I will straight up refuse to answer any lfg responses if it's a hunter.

My first character was a hunter with a white turtle pet that dual wielded Meteor Shard

>Getting the orange/red quests in Ratchet and being forced to choose between running half the zone away to level up before returning to solo them or grouping with random bros to kill the human fuckers was one of the best ways Blizz forced players to be social for their own efficiency
vanilla leveling is really well designed. every quest either forces you to explore, chain to other areas or push you toward group experience with dungeon quests or elites.

I get that gamedevelopment can be an everlasting process but the concept of games as service just doesnt sit right with me.
As for the community managent - blizzard forums will remain as dumpsterfires regardless of the paywall. But if the thing takes off with any real playerbase and theres an ingame reason to cooperate and communicate with other players, the cream will rise to the top and the shitters sink after they get exposed.

thottbot is a keylogger site

dont go on it

>vanilla leveling is really well designed
This is a stretch. It was memorable for sure, and had some moments that showed surprising competency, but it also had a lot of issues.

The most bullshit thing about it is that Horde don't get auto-flagged in the Barrens while Alliance get flagged in Redridge, Duskwood (and by extension Westfall because you'll be traveling between these zones constantly), Ashenvale, and Wetlands.

>made every SM group run armory first as a tank so I can get the whole set
>most groups would explode upon killing herod
>the most we ever got was usually arms + lib
>geared myself and a paladin buddy as a healer tank combo
>gained 4 levels in SM alone

I can't wait to fucking go back, best instance by far. I bet with a good group we could burn that place in an hour.

Attached: SM.jpg (800x600, 98K)

I did stupid shit too like use the 2h epic from ZF and run ST a million times to get firebreathers which I enchanted with fiery.

In hindsight totally fucking stupid, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun along the way. Can't wait to try a new class and see how that changes things up.

Why not just play project ascension?
>Can choose any spells/talent you want
>Vanilla progression that classic will reproduce like this server
>Chaos mode for more challenge
>Fun enchant system
>Custom shit

Attached: 1338981581978.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

Being a good hunter amongst all the retards is gonna feel so good.

I fucking loved Zul'thraz on my paladin even though it was garbage.
Also when the fucking Glowing Brightwood Staff dropped from the troll priestess at the top of Jinta'alor and I wore it until level 60 on my druid.
Fuckin purple items.

if you can cycle your FD/traps correctly, youre already ahead of the curve by a great amount.

>tfw successfully kiting Drakkistah but FD fails in the arena

You know, I'm kind of considering rolling a hunter now, too. I really enjoy rogue, but hunter just seems so fucking comfy to play solo when my buds aren't around. Plus from what I remember they were just about as dominant in pvp. I just wish their dps didn't drop off so fucking hard after MC.

Everyone has their favorite zone to level in, but what's yours? What's the comfiest zone?

Attached: Comfycraft 5.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

There has only ever been one correct answer to this question. Winterspring is a close second.

Attached: Feralas.jpg (1024x640, 132K)

They also have the best quest chain in the game and the most fun in dungeons and raids.

It's a tie between Barrens, Tanaris and Winterpsring.

for me it's spooky comfy duskwood
feralas is objectively shit

This is where the temptation is coming from. That and being able to solo any quest. I spent a decent amount of time as hunter in vanilla and always fucking loved it, it was the only alt I managed to get to 60. But I still always went back to my rogue for raids and pvp since it just seemed so much stronger. I dunno it's a tough call. Waiting for Classic is torture, I wish it'd just come out already so I could stop changing my mind about things every week.

I'm hoping to get a guild running for a casual laid back raiding experience. As much as I love raiding, I don't have the time I did as a teen and now that I'm stuck in the wage cage I can't poopsock min max and dedicate 6 hours a day to it. So I can just relax and have fun with other wagies going through raid content at a more relaxed pace

for me it's Desolace

I've got about 10 people going in to classic together and we're basically doing exactly this. We all work full time jobs but still want to raid and and have fun with end game content. Gonna throw together a boomer squad guild of like minded folks and probably focus on mid day weekend raids. Pretty confident there will be a big market for this, too, considering most folks who are coming back to classic are full on dad mode now.

Fuck satyrs and fuck horse people

Boring, but also a pain in the ass to fight

>feralas is objectively shit
You're objectively shit

>be good hunter
>trap cc targets
>distracting shot mobs off the healer
>have my pet offtank when the tank overpulls
>finish the dungeon with some hiccups but still a-ok
>"gg huntard"

there is no escape

Attached: 1515255121287.jpg (284x339, 18K)

Is this already released?
Does it cost money?
I just looked it up from this post and it seems pretty neat.
Kinda reminds me of ultima online back in the day, with the FFA pvp and stealing shit from dead lads.

>nobody will ever believe you
>ninja looting
Of fucking course

All the people I know who are hyped for this are the most pathetic people I've ever met. Burger flippin 25 - 30 year olds. It's sad really. They are hyped for this because they stood still while life moved on.

>asshurt huntard can't handle the bantz even when being congratulated

Are you okay retard?

>he lets paladins or DPS warriors into his group

Attached: ss+(2019-03-19+at+06.41.33).jpg (489x246, 81K)

Friend is playing a shaman, can't decide between leveling a warrior or a hunter with him. Advice?

OK, private server hero

Warrior, really good combo that balances warrior low autonomy and shaman low damage while leveling, and allows for easy dungeon group forming.

Of course you do if you're playing a clothie. When you get multiple whispers like that, you pick the ones who don't take your loot.

any other games with this feel?

Attached: dragon in forest.jpg (2560x1440, 2.69M)

>kids, poorfags, and third worlders mad about having to pay a sub fee
Any functioning adult can wipe their ass with $15

A quick question for anybody up on classic itemization:

If I switched a healing staff for a spell dmg staff would I be able to contribute noticeably to pvp damage ? how much to the total spell damage of your char did the weapon slot(s) contribute? 50%?

It'd be pretty sick be completely fear, charm, and sleep immune and unsheepable yeah that'd be a fair trade off so that 1/9 classes can have an edge against a single player race.

warrior. you tank, your buddy heals, ez groups. also hunters are great solo levelers if you want to make an alt.

Attached: 1516998892925.jpg (580x350, 72K)

Fem nelf huntard or troll huntwrd? Both sound comfy

I really liked searing gorge and burning steppes feat. blackrock mtn

Trolls are an ancient civilization with rich history and culture so scholar and clergyman are 100% legit character archetypes for trolls.

>tfw prot warrior
>tfw not letting a SINGLE fury warrior, rogue, ret Paladin, or non-resto Druid in ANY of my dungeon runs
I can’t wait for the flood of angry whispers

Attached: C85AF134-0B83-4A29-AF49-346580CB28E4.jpg (262x70, 11K)

OK private server hero, stay where you're at.

If I'm wearing cloth, leather or later mail, you're damn right I am.
I don't give a shit about loot I'm not going to use, warriors can emergency tank if shit hits the fan, Paladins can throw in emergency heals, Paladin blessings are useful, extra resurrection is helpful, and an extra cleansing is always nice.

So suck it up or put your own group together.

Based. I'm usually fine with Rogues or Druids though.

okay so i want to play a rogue, since i played one in classic
but rogue will probably be one of the classes that will be over populated
anyone here that played on a private server before and can tell me what chances i have, to get into a raid group as a non stupid rouge ?

Attached: 99e89615fc93f7b19302546cd5d1539299b67ec944db313be6f1fb6384beefa2.jpg (351x518, 41K)

>retfag SEETHING over tankchads denying them a carry
Put on a dress, little man :^)

>There are literally, actually cuckolds who played Alliance on this very board
Sad... but true.

Rogues do reliable damage, especially in early raids, so you've always got a slot open.
Same with Mages.

the only barrier is not being an idiot.

What are the odds of a slow-leveling warrior getting to off-tank raids rather than being forced to dps? I was surprised to see stats of 25% warrior population and I'm sure a lot of it is dps retards but I imagine tanks get locked in early as dedicated raid slots in a guild.

Didn't you hear? Even if you go horde, you've got at least one gnome playing with you.

Attached: Manly tears plays Chivalry.gif (640x360, 1.91M)

Ret paladins are literally the perfect race for white knights
>thinks being different will get them pussy (dps gear)
>ends up just prepping (healing) chad’s (the tank’s) cock while he gets all the action

Your only issue is going to be gear competition. You'll basically have no trouble finding a raid group, especially if you get in early. It just sucks trying to gear up to pre-raid bis since you share most of the same pieces with a handful of other specs.

You’ll be lucky to get one 5min blessing the whole run, and most paladins seem to think their heals only work on themselves

The 25% figure isn’t accurate because half of them quit before level 30 and reroll something easy like warrior. It’s honestly pretty easy to get an offtank spot due to high turnover, but any semi-serious guild is gonna have you switch to fury and DPS whenever an OT isn’t needed, which will be very often since you’ll probably get 2nd or 3rd OT position

>I imagine tanks get locked in early
This is something to be mindful of for sure. People roll tank just expecting that a job will always be available for them- which is mostly confirmed by dungeons so it makes sense where that thought comes from. But once you get to raids you're fighting for a select few spots out of 40 people. There are some fights that require a stupid amount of tanks, but for the most part you're looking at MT/OT and those slots get filled fast.

guys how viable will 2handed enh shaman be?

I just want to dunk on people with big dick windfury procs

If you willing to farm 100500 world buff shit you will have guaranteed spot

Only in pvp and even then you're reliant on procs. If rng isn't on your side you just kind of get bodied.

>They also have the best quest chain in the game
pls explain

2006, find him on my low level rogue and attack.
2018, private server with a low level warrior and attack.
Same great feeling getting one-shotted.

Attached: 1542594484659.gif (128x74, 21K)

Tanking roles are generally given to people who are
1) trusted
2) reliable
3) good-natured
Just let the guild know you want to tank eventually. If they want you on standby, you'll eventually get gear funneled to you. This usually happens prior if they're gearing up for a multi tank encounter, or if they're making an extra raid group

It’s a meme. If you’re the guildmaster’s girlfriend then you can get PvP gear funneled into you, but you’re never gonna be more than a one-trick pony.

>tfw going to roll a male night elf hunter
I don't even know why but I really want to play that while normally being dwarf player.

Most DPS warriors are expected to maintain a tanking set to fill in on certain fights.

Legolas will be taken so might be an idea to try Xxlegolasxx

So then the followup question is how much effort to put towards pre-bis with two full sets to build

the true huntard experience

New Westfall kind of is, but old Westfall was supremely comfy.

>only experience with WoW was playing BM and MW Monk during MoP, and only other experience with MMOs is playing the three Tank jobs in FFXIV
I have no idea what I’m supposed to expect going into this. I want to tank but have zero knowledge of Vanilla. I’m aware that Warrior and Paladin have tank specs, but I’m not aware of there’s any others, and I remember being told that other classes that don’t even have tank specs can tank just as well with certain builds, and some classes with tank specs can tank with DPS specs. What exactly are my options and expectations with tanking and what I’m supposed to gear myself with and for?

Should I go 2H fury or arms for levelling?

I mean you just focus on building them while the rest of your guild does the same. Once everyone feels like they're ready to head in to MC you do it. You don't 'need' a full pre-bis set before stepping foot in your first raid, it's just a set goal to work on until that point.

No, booty bay is

Fury to 40 then respect for Mortal Strike

I have yet to see a single hunter aside from one that only did pvp ever do anything of these things in a dungeon.

Want the hunter to trap square
>wtf I can't use multi-shot, noob tank just tab target
Please turn off growl its pulling mobs from me
>mob proceeds to obliterate the cat that pulled it and goes right for the healer
Hey can you dismiss your pet it will pull the entire dungeon on this jump
>entering combat

Fuck hunters, I seen probably 10 good hunters in 4+ years from wow from vanilla to wrath. Maybe your one of them I don't know, but usually they were just straight up ninja looting trash. I'd rather just take a rogue.

Attached: Akatsuki.(Log.Horizon).full.1737191.jpg (631x967, 559K)

fury until ms then respec, but honestly both work. key is using sit+crit to keep your enrage up, then kite with hamstring between cd's

Great fun and one of the fastest ways to level as a shaman, good at pvp, mediocre (bad) in raids. I only find it fun in levelling due to the satisfaction of deleting mobs, getting windfury procs on bosses isn't exactly noticeable and being kited in PvP is never enjoyable when Elemental exists. Levelling as enhancement then going Resto at 60 is a really fun experience and you get to experience the best out of the entire class, if you can get gear funneled to you it's viable but not optimal

>be holy paladin
>need for off spec

>What exactly are my options
Literally just warrior if you ever want to tank anything past dungeons. The only other proper tanks are druids and paladins, but for various reasons they are incredibly subpar in raid content. Druids fill a small niche on certain fights as off tanks, but even then that roll will still be filled better by a warrior. Any other non-tank class tanks are just a meme and only done for fun/challenge.

It's a lot less than that. Shadow flame has 84 sp with 30 sp enchant while the gear is probably 35 sp each. If you wanna go hybrid just get a lot of dmg pieces and some healing.

arms because fury is trash without hit% and arms let you kite between strikes+sweeping strikes

Warrior and Druid are the only two feasible specs for leveling, though it's harder to tank later on as a druid.

As far as tanking goes, first thing is to be mindful of surroundings. Don't pull until the healer's ready, be careful pulling when there's multiple packs of enemies around, and be mindful of enemies that might flee/fear people into more enemies.
During the combat just make sure everyone goes after the right targets (mark as necessary), mark crowd control targets and make sure nobody breaks them before you're ready, keep an eye open if someone over aggros and keep an eye out for wandering mobs/chain pulling.

I like this guy

It's free, they even give you the download links you need to get yourself started. Private Servers for wow are always free

And there's plenty of people playing

MS > OS, bitch

ret prio, even on OS :^)

Elwynn and Redridge were such a joy for me.

Alrighty. I was going to go Horde so I guess I’d be playing Warrior anyway. I have zero experience with playing DPS or Healer and have Tanked at a higher level in FF14 and when I played WoW during MOP. Probably better that I stick to something I’m more used to in that case. Thanks a ton.

Just don't fall into the leveling as a tank trap.
You can tank just fine prior to raid level simply by having good gear, no matter your spec.

Lots of times it's preferable to corner pull rather than just charge in. And yeah, keybind marks.

>leveling as a tank trap
Would you mind explaining that?

This. Level as fury/arms and just keep some tank gear (which is basically just a shield while leveling) to switch to for dungeons. You don't need to be prot to tank early dungeons, and leveling as prot is the truest suffering.

Fury has a lot of dogshit talents. I went with it anyway and enrage/flurry was pretty nice, but the bottom half of the arms is as good and the top half is much better. If I started again I'd take just cruelty from fury and put the rest in arms.

How meta are the players? Am I going to get relentlessly dicked down if I try to figure out builds on my own rather than following a guide?

2H fury, make sure you train all the 2H weapons early on and use green versions every 10 levels or so just to keep your skills relevant while leveling.

Respec to Arms at 40. It's a good idea to figure out which dungeons to do to get certain blue 2h weapons, since most of your damage is tied to weapon damage.

Attached: __high_elf_warcraft_drawn_by_jeff_macanoli__sample-93ab35a27431b1ca5599f0e0357818fa.jpg (850x1202, 228K)

A lot of people feel they need to spend tanking talents while leveling in order to tank dungeons.
All this does is make leveling extremely boring for little payoff, since you'll take much longer to kill anything and no lower level dungeon is difficult enough to require a specifically specced tank if everyone is within a sensible level range.

Warrior or nothing.

Wannabe pros will tell you a bunch of bullshit but really as long as you take the core talents you should be fine with many specs.

Protection is mostly dogshit talents that don't matter early on because most of your mitigation comes from gear.

You can tank everything up to the first half of brd with an arms spec. Just remember to keep a good shield and 1h for tanking and your set.

Undead rogue will always be better than Human retardin.
Try to prove me wrong.

This man speaks wise words.

We don't know yet, the pserver fags will probably stick to their tranny masters in discord so you'll probably be fine.

Just don't do retarded shit and you'll be fine. No one gives a fuck what your talents are while leveling as long as you can fulfill the role you signed up for.

Try to make friends with good players, since it always pays off later when you need people for dungeons and stuff.

Anyone who can use a shield or turn into a bear can tank 5-mans no problem, and yes that includes Shaman. Only Warriors and Druids get to do any raid tanking, but players who don't volunteer to tank other content just because they don't plan to do so in raids are cancer.

Longtime FFXIV and Vanilla WoW tank here. The two are super different.
In vanilla you really can’t AoE tank until you get gear specifically for AoE, which means having to mark your mobs, CC on pulls of 3+, and then tabbing between mobs trying to maintain aggro and inevitably losing it, since DPS can rip aggro very easily.
In terms of raiding, pretty much every boss’s autoattack is a tankbuster, and your only major CDs (last stand and shield wall) are on a 10-minute and 30-minute cooldown, respectively. You wanna be using shield block as often as possible because it makes sure you can’t get crushed (autoattack that does 1.5x damage) or crit (autoattack that does 2x damage) for 2 boss autoattacks. In addition to that, you’re also gonna be trying to push out as much aggro as possible, since aggro is pretty much the limiter on the amount of damage your raid can push out.

This all really only applies to MTing though, which you’re highly unlikely to be doing unless you’re the one who starts the guild. There’s a 75% chance you’ll end up as an offtank, which means that you’ll just tank trash and adds, and then do DPS whenever a fight doesn’t need you.

I won't be playing that shitty game, sorry fags, I only play games with panda girls like World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth™

Attached: powerful panda.png (461x356, 292K)

You can tank every single preraid dungeon without a single point in Protection, you don't even need much Prot investment for most RAIDS.

I really hope they add an option to use the updated character models for people that want them. Gnomes and Humans look so fucking bad I don't know if I can roll one in classic.

I'm not asking for dumb shit like bloodelves, but is it so wrong to want to use the better looking models?

Attached: 1499292393503.png (451x619, 429K)

fucking based

fuck edgy hordevirgins

Bear tanks get obliterated though, because they level so fucking fast they are usually wearing shitty quest greens that are 20 levels behind.

Meanwhile the warrior tank has a full set of the best armor he can get just because every little bit helps the tedious grind of warrior leveling.

tfw can't decide between ud and orc
tfw can't decide between rogue, war, lock

help

>caring about what you look like
Begone, retailtranny

Attached: 6A42D742-EBE2-4B84-9AE7-35A49F4E3886.jpg (692x804, 180K)

>better looking models
soulless zoomer detected

based based based based based

are you retarded
why the fuck would you go ud as warrior and lock?

Not him but ud for lock is not bad with life tap + cannibalize

because it's so fucking comfy, not gonna minmax

Is scarlet monastery an alliance only dungeon?

Winterspring is my favorite leveling zone, both in retail and vanilla.

But the Warrior will make excuses not to tank so it doesn't matter

>Meanwhile the warrior tank has a full set of the best armor he can get just because every little bit helps the tedious grind of warrior leveling.
>slack a bit and no longer have the blue bis for your level range
>suddently grinding mobs feels more challenging than raiding

Attached: 1553837992064.png (446x473, 240K)

>implying anyone would put up with playing a paladin if it wasn't for that fucking sweet armor set you guys get

Attached: judgement.jpg (393x547, 137K)

How do I level a paladin in vanilla while still finding dungeon groups?

Can you heal dungeons as ret if you get a bunch of gear with int?

Attached: ss (2018-10-25 at 09.55.29).jpg (522x393, 58K)

>Target is out of range
>Cant do that while slowed
>Cant do that while silenced
>Cant do that while disarmed
>Cant do that while stunned
>Cant do that while dead
Sounds fun yet?

>level warrior with a healing partner
>mostly fight mobs a couple levels below
>20 level old items don't even matter as long as the weapon is fine

>having to run the same dungeon 10+ times for that one weapon because your current one is out of date
>everyone you partied with is 60 now and your just now hitting 45
>you haven't even touched your professions

Attached: 1498946146963.png (501x655, 414K)

arms with axe spec

>run rfk for your corpsemaker
>it finally drops
>huntard ninjas it

>not grinding professions as you level

Yes bring water or a mage, or both if you can. Snag that healing shit and put way your 2h.

Paladin healing early on is just making sure you have enough mana to last the fight. Later on +healing stuff really makes a huge difference and a simple gear swap will make you into a healer regardless of spec. Blessing of Wisdom is your best friend.

I hate to break it to you retailfriend, but paladins don’t even use the entire set.

yes, but you want to spec the first 11 points in holy anyway because retribution

>trying to run rfk as a tank
>nothing but shamans and warriors want to go

Attached: 1499625897929.jpg (654x735, 72K)

what's wrong with either of those? ud warrior is practically permanently immune to fear and you have cannibalize to reduce downtime, which you will have a lot of as a warrior. ud racials aren't the best for warlock, but they've got nice casting animations.

Attached: 1501332025315.jpg (185x185, 12K)

>retribution
*consacration

post your best anal [For the Children]

Attached: 1539370554730.jpg (1242x1239, 94K)

Trolls can be Paladins in Retail so they're fine.

Attached: 172954655.png (903x903, 1.37M)

I only ever saw a few paladins with it in vanilla, it wasn't very common. My guild only cleared up to part of BWL since I was a filthy casual back then but all we seemed to get was shaman crap instead of the paladin T2.

UD Warrior is subpar because warrior already has enough tools to combat fear, so that renders WotF overkill. Don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely still times where it would be useful, but orc stun resist would be way more useful, and blood fury lets you go balls to the wall in 1v1s

Shaman and Paladin drops were exclusive to their respective factions in Vanilla.

Does anyone have that one picture of a sham in pvp and everything is frost shock?

i need it

What is the ideal warlock leveling spec? It seems like affliction is the go to, but maybe there is something similar to fire mages with destruction?

Also soul link looks pretty good maybe if pvp is really intense leveling up it would be easier to play as full demo just for that.

Attached: __gnome_and_succubus_world_of_warcraft_and_etc_drawn_by_bayard_wu__sample-bfe2fd97c1e06dd81b52ab76ba (850x1073, 206K)

>Playing the early Beta
>Forsaken could speak Common
>Undead Rogue in RedRidge by the bridge
>Stealthed and asking players for help leading them to where I am
>Kill the lowbies when they're near me and repeat

Good fucking times. Worst was when You were right and Forsaken was classified as Undead before Humanoid.

I love doing this since it adds a lot of variety to leveling. Gathering and crafting things as I quest and every once in a while I'll just spend a day to go around gathering so my professions are caught up. However lately everyone has been pushing the meme of just doing mining/herb and skinning for money while leveling, and then just boosting other professions when at 60. I'm sure it's really efficient for money making, but that sounds not comfy at all. I feel like I'll be left behind if I don't do that though.

imo is sm/ruin because it's a really flexible spec that let you farm, pve and pvp but im biased because i love instant shadowbolt crits

rhok'delar questline if I'm not drunk

>something similar to fire mages
>can't conjure water
Absolutely not, user. Capitalize on the life tap synergy.

>wants to be a funny epic fire mage
>doesn’t roll mage
Get to wanding, bitch

I'm on the exact same page, but there is an argument for doing the pure gathering route early. Problem is you wont be able to make any money on the AH for several months as the economy develops and if you have any hope of getting a mount (even you're basic mount) you're basically going to have to get all of your gold from drops and vendoring shit. For that reason having skinning can be hugely beneficial. But I agree that leveling a crafting profession while you level is way more comfy and power leveling crafting profs feels super fucking bad.

This post is a fucking classic.

>spend a bunch of time getting into Teldrassil as horde to steal an owl
>hearth out after feeding it
>start fighting with it
>after two mobs it runs away
>break into Teldrassil AGAIN
>stay there for an hour feeding it every other mob in a hostile starting zone until it gains a loyalty level so I can be sure I won't lose it
Fucking why

I only played warlock past lv20 in vanilla hows shaman if I’m not going for servers first full tier set and dont pvp for 80 hours a week

Stick with retail

Bet you cant wait to fund retail yourself and give blizz those sub numbers to boast about how healthy the game is

I remember in TBC I had to go to the Draenei zone to tame a ravager. My armor was all completely broken by the time I got there. At least I had enough meet to feed it though.

Rotations are cancer. They only exist to strip spells of their identity.

Agreed. Play classes that don't have a rotation, like affliction warlock.

No I’m just saying that if you give a shit about something as retarded as “world first full tier set” then maybe retail’s more your speed.

Are you retarded? I said I didnt care about it

I know you're sarcastic, but I'll explain myself with balance druid
>wrath is fast, but mana intensive and thus better for burst dps
>starfire is slow, but mana efficient and thus better for sustain dps
>moonfire is mana intensive dot, but has an instant damage component
>insect swarm is mana efficient dot, but no instant damage component
All of this meant the spells would be used differently depending on the situation, All of this became irrelevant when Eclipse got introduced in WotLK. Now you just use Wrath after spamming Starfire and you use Starfire after spamming Wrath, and you barely care about the difference between moonfire and insect swarm.

>play alliance hunter
>get all the chain gear
gonna be so sweet

They have the most variety out of any class when it comes to levelling so you'll find something you like. 2h Enhance has the most RNG in the game while being the fastest of the shaman levelling but you're squishy, if you want consistent damage while being tanky you can always go dagger/shield. Elemental is an option too if you don't mind drinking constantly and Restoration is slow as fuck but you'll never die or hit a wall (decent for dungeons while levelling if you want to take it slow). They're a welcome dps in any dungeon especially if your friends are melee and they're a solid choice as a main. Expect to heal at 60 unless you want to PvP and even then there's tons of hybrids to choose from, out of all the hybrids they're the class which feels like they really can fit any role

I was actually serious while acknowledging irony. Watching DoTimers homogenizes the spells, but the different durations, two mana management abilities, and fitting in a decently long cast time filler nuke makes it one of the most satisfyingly complicated things to pull off well.

How painful is it gonna be to get my alliance warlock to the barrens for that succ right at 20? If I go gearless and /wave will hordies show me mercy?

thanks user, sounds absolutely comfy. my teenager brain was too stupid to play the gane properly in 2005

Shouldn't be that bad. I remember doing WC a few times at the proper level just because it seemed novel and it wasn't like it was a corpse running nightmare. The risk is higher but it's also a big zone and people are pretty spread out.

Just do it at 60 or something. You really won't need it until then.

Doing shit like that always made me feel like a diplomat.

Didn't need blizzard to say "oh these guys are part of the X or the Y now" - it felt like i was the one making it happen.

Just give me Sethraks already. I need a brand new race with a tail swaying back and forth

Attached: 1358032905720.jpg (457x396, 17K)

>big
>no mounts
>clusterfuck of stacked walkways
Nah