Why did the gameplay take so many steps forward but the story take several back?

Why did the gameplay take so many steps forward but the story take several back?

Attached: fate-extella-link-coming-to-switch-on-january-31-2019-in-japan-update-2.jpg (600x338, 76K)

They finally got it and made a videogame

umu

It is short af as well. You can beat it in 4 hours without any sort of strategy. How is FE a better game ffs. Also 2 fucking costumes per character and I can't even cum inside Drake. Terrible.

Attached: 1531059657607.png (2367x1688, 1.03M)

No one plays for the story. I'm glad the gameplay got better after the last one.

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190402100703.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

>Also 2 fucking costumes per character

You can always buy THIRTY TWO premium costumes (and a playable character who costs a third of the price of the base game.)

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190402194240.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

If you got the previous game you can transfer costumes from there.

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190401173637.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

Any good level grinding spots?

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190402092251.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

For like 2 characters...
Why? Just use a single character and then use money is power to level people up.

>Want to give it a shot
>Can't justify buying it at full price given how terrible the first game's design choices were
Literally no reason not to dash attack all the time and half my incentive to fight with style with any non-saber class was ruined because they gave Gil, Gar and Launcher shit drawn-out attack moves.

Because the game's a 1.5, not a 2.
A midquel that mostly exists to say they fixed Extella

post astolfo

Why did they have to go with a gay dynasty warriors clone instead of continuing the RPG series?

Attached: 1234599919.gif (480x423, 3.37M)

Because it's about an upbeat dude who just wants to awesome and not an alien autistic giant.

Attached: 1542425226533.jpg (1920x1080, 945K)

Because nobody buys JRPG's anymore unless they play like KH sadly. (outside Porkeyman)

Play an Extra stage that's like 20-30 levels above your highest character. And have a good set of install skills so you can kill quickly.

But why would people buy 5th rate dynasty warrior knockoffs?

Like the EXP skills, nullify damage skills, and the attack skills?

There is little to no effort needed to make said games.

It's better this way. Extra was shitty proto FGO and Extella is only proper Musou on market after Koei went to shit.

Attached: 67957466_p0.png (1500x2000, 1.74M)

>No DMC clone with Emiya
He's even designed to be Netorare Dante and has access to multiple weapons, it's a match made in heaven.
Extra was a unique experience, but the gameplay was tragic.

I just do something like this.

Attached: 1544159975142.jpg (1920x1080, 753K)

Almost every design choice they made in the first game is rethought. From having to kill mooks to fill a bar in order to spawn Aggressors (mostly gone), to trap sectors you need to guard elements against (also gone.) Your big combo enders are now separate skills with an active cooldown that don't need any sort of build up via normal attacks. Partner AI was retooled any they're much more reliable than before, they will take sectors on your behalf, you can also perform team up actions with them if you're sharing a sector. Noble Phantasms can now be almost spammed since they're on a gauge rather than a collectible. Nero and Tamamo don't have those weird moon drive forms, everyone just has a moon drive gauge that fills the NP bar with every attack you make. Plants aren't as frequent in each stage (a lot of stages don't have Plants.) Bosses no longer magically teleport to whichever sector you occupy, they will trail behind invading each sector away from you (you can now clear out any enemy sectors without worrying about accidentally killing the boss.) All Servants now have the same number of attacks and special moves, so you don't feel like your servant got shortchanged compared to the three main girls. Each servant can be played in the main campaign as soon as you unlock them, you're not forced into using Nero/Tam/Charlie.

It is a far, far improved playable experience. I honestly want them to redo Extella in this new format because that game had by far the better story and build up.

I got this for now since I'm going to use her for my main.

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190403103801.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

Okay feet.

Attached: 1553516709842.jpg (1600x921, 558K)

I went through the whole game without golden rule or any blue skills. You get a shitload of QP while playing normally as long as you're not trying to make every single mystic code along the way. If possible, you want to use +10 over the next tier unless it's +5 or higher. So if your normal Growth Period is +10, use it instead of that alpha +3 one. You'd want attack skills so you can kill servants faster.

Attached: DontUmu.jpg (260x320, 20K)

I hope Extella 2 features scene where nine tailed Tamamo and Titan Altera fight against a new threat and call Nero a dead weight

Attached: 1547292193074.jpg (617x1000, 260K)

I'm just glad I get to play as shiver me titters.

Attached: 622220_20190323105231_1.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

UMU

Attached: 3d123692c770335f19a493e4579e14db.jpg (594x483, 37K)

Not The End

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190403101129.jpg (1920x1080, 537K)

STOP FORCING ASTOLPHO
GIB BEST GIRLS

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (4862x6972, 3.16M)

Attached: __tamamo_and_tamamo_no_mae_fate_series_and_etc_drawn_by_kou_mashiro__2d092d0cd4bcae5d5ce25b4639bfdee (964x2000, 200K)

Attached: __jeanne_d_arcjeanne_d_arc_fate_fate_apocrypha_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_akita_hika_ (1733x2479, 1.69M)

One day she'l actually contribute something to the plot rather than have every line of dialogue be waifubait pandering. I remember when she was an actual character in Extra. Rather than cardboard fanservice she's been in Extella. Given how hard they course corrected with Nero in LINK, I have hope they'll do the same for Tamamo.

Yeah hopefully soon.

Attached: 50AAFEEF-6C15-4DCA-9E72-CD53C22B081A.jpg (577x912, 189K)

>cuck fox
>best anything

Attached: 0004.jpg (2114x3047, 976K)

Attached: 0005.jpg (2114x3047, 927K)

>but the story take several back
what do you mean ? I'd rather have this "We want to fight off the evil king" instead of the
>"oh, HER oh... damn I want to fuck her"
>"hell, this girl... yeah... I'll love her"
>"PRAETOR UMU, I UMU, LOVE UMU, YOU UMU UMU"
>"oh flashback, I wonder what- UMU HEY PRAETOR! oh, I love her..."
>"Save the girl..."
>"greetings, my name is archimedes, and yes, I am not evil, now let's talk about the MOON, you see, first the moon is like a new world, but you know that since you're here haha, btw gg u won the previous grail, did I talk about the moon? so yes, also you won the grail, damn you're so strong, so yes, the holy grail war you won on the moon."
story in 1 was such fucking terrible bullshit

Why does the fox never share you with her sisters?

go to any EX stage with one room (boss fight) and just enema elish over and over until you're 100
then go to the last ex stage and enema elish over and over

Who the fucked cared about the story. It was the bottom of the barrel of Fate, and that's saying something. (PS: OG FSN is one of the best things ever)

It's not THAT short mate, stop pretending to be retarded.

there's literally about 20 stages you can finish in 15 minutes each if you bother to EX them

Attached: 69457256_p0.png (1024x1300, 740K)

She wants to be wed before she gets too old.

Attached: 69466853_p0.png (1200x1625, 2.16M)

Attached: 69859772_p0.jpg (1200x1672, 1.39M)

And already that's more than four hours. Then there's like fifty extra missions, just like every other musou game ever.

Honestly would not mind seeing that.

There wasn't really any kind of escalation in Link. It was missing a secret 4th route like Extella had that raised the stakes. Link effectively told the same story three times, with very little difference aside from confirming that both Charlie and Rex survives in True End. Sephyr versus the comet, facing off against the core of the Umbral Star, Liz's continuing retardation being what saves the day.

There was a lot of filler romance fluff in Extella to pad out the inbetween missions, but when it got to the main story each route (barring Tamamo's that was played for comedy) elevated the plot. I was just waiting for LINK to shift into a third gear that it never quite found.

If you only played Nero's story in Extella, you missed out on a lot of quality moments. If you only reached ending one of Link, you didn't really miss anything outside of MAYBE the Altera fight.

It is better for it though. Gameplay is more important than story. This one was fun and it is something you would put on to just button mash your stress away. Story was short, but at least nothing outstayed its welcome.

I wish they added some more characters. I know they already have plenty, but you easily could add more characters from Apocrypha like Mordred or Jack the Ripper. Maybe they could even add Kuro. Loli Altera was cool. Yes, I am degenerate.

How safe is it to pirate this game
t. Americuck

The writing in Extella was atrocious. It was either purple prose or gushing over your companion to an embarrassing degree. Lots of rose tinted glasses in here.

don't get me wrong, I never said link's story was good, it also never take off
>"Ha! I am charlemagne!"
>"let's fight off this bad guy, and let's recruit the new characters of this edition on the way"
>" MINNA... I love you all so much I'm going to wipe you off"
>"argh move stupid mech-"
>the end
meanwhile extella was way, WAY too long in taking off
but the gameplay is link is more bearable, even if it often ends in just spamming cutscenes

If you pirate it on the switch there's an .xci out there with every costume unlocked, even the ones you aren't supposed to get (like the 2 version of Bride Nero)

okay but what about PC

>Bride nero
>In extella link

Wot

Attached: big larva.jpg (1920x1080, 550K)

Shame because they actually have the same amount of story levels (27.) One stretches itself too far, the other doesn't do nearly enough.

Larva is great.

dunno about that one

here, you can also choose the japanese retailer exclusive costumes

Attached: 2019040319423300-D553E04073EEEFC909510E985B39EA48.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

>only way to get alteria Artoria now is to pirate

REEEEEEEEE

That's interesting. Looks kind of shitty though.

What about us?

Attached: Fate_EXTELLA LINK_20190402205446.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

How hard is the Subtext in this game?

The game is leaps and bounds better I would actually call it good.

I wish they fixed performance on PC already. There's only a few areas like it but the areas that chug, chug hard.

Bride outfit was exclusive to Switch I think, it might have been an exclusive to preorders in another region for other platforms though.

That's only for the first Extella, in Link you get no bride regardless of the platform unless you have an hacked Switch

Wait so it doesn't transfer over?

Will never stop being autistically mad at the thousands of people I see asking for Foreigner Necronomicon Nursery Rhyme based on that fucking Prisma event.

but why?
It would be dumb but it isn't like it goes aganist her lore

Attached: 1503520638788.jpg (1211x1275, 172K)

>Redman's unlockable costume is just vanilla Redman
gee thanks

Nursery Rhyme is a heroic spirit based on the old stories that used to bring kids joy, she's not an actual book. Not to mention the girls in the Prisma event weren't the actual Heroic Spirits but magical girls 'like them'. But F/GO can do anything it wants and amount of people who actually played Fate/Extra where you got to understand her origins more are depressingly low. So like I said before, 'autistically mad'.

>Nursery Rhyme is a heroic spirit based on the old stories that used to bring kids joy, she's not an actual book
Every single source of lore regarding her says that her looks, personality and powers change depending on the favorite book of her master though, and Extra doesn't disprove it

I do think LE handled her well.

I don't recall the master's taste in books having any influence over her, and that'd be pretty weird if that's true given even though they don't have a concrete form they are still a bunch of children stories at their core because something something everything qualifies as a heroic spirit at this point except for the things they say don't.

Attached: 1549662905392.jpg (1155x1090, 389K)

Attached: 1549667817252.jpg (1280x1807, 261K)

>The Servant's own ability is not the Reality Marble, but rather the Reality Marble itself being able to take the form of a Servant. It projects the Master's mind out into the open like a mirror, and manifests itself as a Pseudo-Servant based on a shape that the Master dreamed of. Originally, there is no specific name, but the genre of the picture book is "nursery rhyme". Because the contents of the Marble reflects the Master's mind, it will be strongly influenced by Alice's favorite books "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" that composes the thoughts of her mind.
Basically NR is just an empty Reality Marble that adapts to its master
It's not the physical manifestation of nursery rhymes, I'm pretty sure she only started getting called NR in FGO , she was just "Alice" in Extra

Her true name is Nursery Rhyme in Fate/Extra in the little encyclopedia thing, I remember that much. But fair enough. I'll eat shit on that.

>want to like her but her whole personality feels super fake

That's because it is.

based og jeanne > alter shitter

Actually the more I look into the lore the more of a mess she is
>her personality and body is basically a copypaste of her Master
>She is an irregular Servant created from the dreams of her Master with the relic known as "Perpetual Engine - Maiden Empire". Caster's abilities are linked to Alice due to their unique nature through Nursery Rhyme. Their main Noble Phantasm is The Queen's Glass Game
>"Nursery Rhyme is not an actual hero, but the general term for a picture book that actually exists."
>"Later, something that became the groundwork for bringing forth the celebrated writer Lewis Carroll."
It doesn't look like Nasu ever went any further than this, most of her lore is just random AiW quotes
Seems like Nasu didn't think too hard about her

Attached: 1487678103592.png (694x632, 30K)

No wonder she's not in Link

Explain her appeal besides bobs and vagine