JAPANESE "HUMOR"

Rofling

Attached: LOL.webm (584x448, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If he'd kept that he would've been invincible, though. Function over form every day

I remember playing this as a kid. We rented it, me and my brother. At the time, I didn't get the joke, I was waiting for something to happen. But then nothing happened.

It only protects the top of his head.

so if megaman could morph ball like Samus then the helmet would protect him forever?

Why doesn't Samus just borrow the mettaur helmet then?

>so if megaman could morph ball like Samus then the helmet would protect him forever?
Yup

he gives him his regular helmet after, also just noticed u can see my mouse cursor in this webm, ruined

I just thought you were playing the SNES Mouse version patched to English.

>humour in a childrens game isnt funny
holy SHIT japan BTFO

I laughed at this as a kid. The way the music sort of fucks up makes it even funnier

Attached: 1554270195733.png (400x2160, 1.12M)

based susato

It was a different time

>localization humor
how retarded can you be. I'm going to just pretend that this is bait and not live my life knowing a moron like you exists

lol

holy fucking based

Damn, I want to play this, RELEASE ANDROID VERSION ALREADY REEEEEEEEE

That is amazing.

What game is that?

Dai Gyakuten Saiban. The Great Ace Attorney.

I lost my shit so hard when Megundal called me a filthy jap for betraying him, I wasn't expecting that kind of thing to be in the translation at all.

Is it localization humor?

no wonder why this didn't get localized officially

When is the translation going to be finished

user...

I don't get it

not him but im out of the loop for a long time now so it probably doesn't hurt much
give it to me straight, man

it already is

It just came out, like yesterday.

oh shit, gonna go download it then
nice

He doesn't like the hat.

it's called comedic timing and they just don't get it. there's a point where you have to deliver the joke like a punch and get away from it as fast as you can so it doesn't feel forced
because of
>hardware limitations
>developer human error
>writing inadequacy
the correct timing for things like comedy is harder to hit on videogames, specially older japanese ones.
they CAN still be funny though, Nier Automata; the DMC series; some anime like Kill la Kill, Gurren lagann and Konosuba; and Bayonetta got laughs out of me but these games/series have really good writing, pacing, well written characters and capability to back up good humor.
The scene in the OP would've been much more better if megaman took the had, rapidly looked weird at it, threw it away and got his real hat and saying some quirky line, in a span of less than 6 seconds. instead the game slowly drags text and animations in still frames for 15 seconds which makes the joke tiring when you've arealdy understood the punchline.

Attached: 1415462417445.jpg (400x500, 49K)

If you can't get humor correct there where can you get it correct?

to be fair part of the joke is lost because Yea Forums doesnt allow sound on webm the music kind of grinds to a wobbly halt when he puts it on

even then the text is a fucking slow craw too. sure the audio helps but even then you NEED to be careful to not drag a joke too long. You'll see that very good comedians rarely explain jokes or linger on too much on them, they just move on shooting jokes one after another as fast as they can without stopping, and if the punchline has a dramatic pause, it has a timing as perfect as it could be.

That would prevent effective rolling.

If only he mega dabbed on him!!! Shit woulda had me rollin!

>This Super Nintendo game from 24 years ago had one joke that fell flat
Dude seriously. I think you need to get a life.

Attached: wheredoyouthinkweare.png (1887x872, 2.47M)

You aren't wrong , but I was trying to start a thread with other people posting things too... without using the default Yakuza 0 "turkey"

This could have shattered nations if it were localized. I would have loved to see that

Doesn't really invalidate my point in the slightest. This is sad even for Yea Forums.

>Megaman 7 came out almost 25 years ago
B-bros...

Attached: JokerIsabelle.jpg (400x400, 38K)

it's okay user, good on you for creating new content

You're a fucking failure

what's your point fucktard?

i know

Attached: japanese humor.png (1001x728, 87K)

Attached: young-caucasian-man-with-ok-symbol-BAA790.jpg (1300x953, 113K)

I get the bottom but the top is a mystery.

two helmets

Fucking American prudes wouldn't dream of putting this on shelves even when the fucking Japanese themselves wrote all those slurs

This is why I hate localization, it just stands to remind us that games are nothing but a product here.

Yeah, destroy those filthy japs. Their cuisine will never top these delicious American hamburgers! Am I right, Apollo?

>only elementary school students are in charge of building repairs
What the fuck is going on here

That's even worse I believe.

megaman produced too many games too fast.

Attached: 1534755831869.webm (960x540, 1.75M)

pretty funny.

I thought this was actually funny.

Attached: MLSS-Beanbean_Currency_Exchange.png (240x160, 2K)

God, how fucked is the Mushroom Kingdom's economy?

Isn't that a reference to another game?
The one with the kid with the hammer.

So the reason it didn't get localised wasn't because of Japanifornia consistency, but because of the racism written into the story, because showing racism in fiction isn't ok?

>Character 1 does some wacky thing you'd normally won't do
>Character 2 points out the wacky thing Character 1 is doing and basically explains the joke
>cue outdated 1920 slapstick in between

Why is Japanese comedy so unfunny?

Japanese "humor"

Attached: 1406472653044.png (496x1116, 656K)

Earlier on it was 100 to 1 I think, so yes they were taking advantage of hyper inflation from the princess getting kidnapped.

>Idiot completely fails to understand that holding on a punchline can also enhance the humour of the delivery
youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8

That is funny tho

>without using the default Yakuza 0 "turkey"
That's actually a good gag though.

>Give me a lifestone
>Gives you a lifestone

And was made in only three months.

I slowly started thinking that while playing it, even if they don't go full "FUCKING DEGENERATE JAPS" like the fan translation, there's still a lot of blatant racism in storyline that can't really be rewritten.

Susato is also looked down upon for being a woman at various points in the story, so that's another issue people would get upset over.

That's what's usually called a Brick Joke.

Why do they like life stones so much?

Rikai-chan indicates that 営繕係 is a person in charge of maintenance, whereas google translate says it's a sales clerk. I don't know where building repairs came from.

Most of the humor from mario rpgs are from the localization team.

so where's the western "humor" in video games

oh right

lolswears

>he never played Giants or Armed and Dangerous

Treehouse employee, please.

those aren't examples

American humour is just people being sarcastic and insulting each other which is as unfunny as the characters are unlikeable.

This. Shit like this wasn't funny the first time around, and it aged worse than millennium-old egyptian shit residue in pyramids.

Attached: fuck off.png (256x192, 8K)

wow great argument you sure proved me wrong

They're magic.

American comedy is farts and toilet humor.

I mean, it's cute, but the fact it's an unskipable cutscene kinda makes it annoying after the first few times.

barkley is the funniest game ever made

This is incredible, I want more racist games.

This isn't Japanese, though. In Japanese, they all spoke in a different alphabet, that's it.

That's a localization thing, like the doge meme in Triforce heroes

WAIT
THIS IS GETTING TRANSLATED

WAIT
IS IT ALREADY FINISHED
CIA WHERE

Attached: 1494807744020.png (400x362, 165K)

QUICK
YOU DIG HERE
>Dig
>Dig
>Dig

Attached: 1519290-orthrus.jpg (480x459, 29K)

That was the point, yes.

That one is actually good though.

>mlp in bottom pic
Enjoy your ban

Don't assume, Idiot.

This game Dai guyakatan saiban or the great ace attorney, wan't released because of it's language but because capcom don't think an Ace Attorney game without Phoenix wright in it would sell.

Localizations are actually stupid important, because almost every joke, pun, or reference in Japanese writing for a Japanese audience won't translate to any other languages. And if you just translated the words you would lose all meaning in them, making it less accurate then having a joke be different in another language

>This game Dai guyakatan saiban or the great ace attorney, wan't released because of it's language but because capcom don't think an Ace Attorney game without Phoenix wright in it would sell.
Yeah I think investigations sales showed that.

>because capcom don't think an Ace Attorney game without Phoenix wright in it would sell
I don't know why people keep spreading this meme, they easily could have sold it on the wow factor of playing as Wright's ancestor and meeting Sherlock Holmes.

Spirit of Justice barely had Phoenix.

It's not that the game wouldn't actually sell, it's that capcom don't think it will sell.

>policeman actually goes "oi"

Attached: 1534982031034.png (707x706, 251K)

>investigations sales
When people said they wanted an Edgeworth game, they meant they wanted courtroom battles as a smug asshole putting murderers on death row and styling all over public defenders, not what we got.

Who let Raimi fan translate this game

I'm sorry but the japanese audience obviously got what they wanted.

This isn't a translation thing.
Rather it partly is because it's a typo and should be "building and repairs" (never rely on JP->EN dictionaries, only Japanese dictionaries give decent results) or even just "maintenance" or really anything within the same semantic range, but the sentence itself would still be stupid. Touhou writing is bad.

I'm sorry, what?

t. Janet Hsu

Attached: 79046cbc1745f238d471bd536e1ca5a1.png (1383x408, 25K)

>Yea Forums bust a fat nut over racism

Attached: 1494174138401.png (1000x721, 451K)

t. filthy jap

Attached: 12531091_1541514102844827_926104385_n.jpg (787x467, 56K)

Is this guy related to edgeworth?

But what does that have to do with elementary school?

I don't think this made any difference.

It changes it from the doctor being creepy towards Pearl to the doctor being creepy towards a nurse, which was intended because the localisers actually think Hotti is meant to be some loveable goofball in Japan because the Japs all think paedophilia is hilarious, and not that he's meant to be a creep there too.

What he offered seemed pretty standard doctor stuff.

Now throw this gesture in to accompany his dialogue.

Attached: 9395d97fdd83cd4b93b05dec6a39e8c292c95490_00.gif (256x192, 14K)

>Throws his bottle into the fucking gallery
Gave a me a chuckle.

I bowed

Attached: 1552292397151.webm (940x450, 2.09M)

Seems eager.

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.

>tfw no cfw 3ds
Is there any other way to play this? Looks based af desu

Yeah, there's such a thing as an "Official" explanation.

The "Unofficial" truth is that these companies roll out and gatekeep certain games to prevent people from playing what isn't convenient to politics. Asians are wholly ignored in America when it comes to racism. Entirely, not positive, not negative, Asians may as well not exist culturally, or past wise.

You know who is presented over Asians? I don't have to tell you. You already know your own nation's politics, because I assume you aren't dumb.

Even if I said was somehow utterly false, do you honestly believe that companies are fucking honest to you? They're all money or influence. Truth doesn't exist in business, except when the truth is that a company's going to fail. And many do.

Attached: ¿thisniggaboughthowmanywatermelons.jpg (720x480, 54K)

Sexy and funny

Attached: 1526143547902.jpg (863x1200, 188K)

Eager for graping a kid

without the g

Don't be dumb, you can choose better then that.

Attached: grape you.gif (500x281, 257K)

>Not appreciating Japanese humour
>He's never seen Golden Boy

Wordplay is good.

3ds emulator (doesnt run well apparently) or wait for android version and run on bluestacks/Nox

>Not cfwing your 3DS
It's easy as fuck, just involves downloading a free game and juggling some files around

>Oi, you Japs!

Attached: 1467497188792.jpg (800x800, 42K)

It's easy to emulate.

What's barkley?

Just a note about this, most of these are purely made up (especially the jap slur) and do not exist in the original text. Doesn't make it any less funny, though.

Well that's unfortunate. Makes why it didn't get localized be entirely due to investigations poor sales.

Most shit is made up when it comes to translating Japanese, it's an incredibly simplistic language.

What ace attorney is this???

The great ace attorney. Didn't see release outside of japan.

Tales of Game's Studios Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

That's a pretty obscure indie game, not really comparable. There are funny Japanese indie games as well.

So something that was entirely a joke?

>Games can't be officially localized because devs fear normies will go apeshit for trying to be accurate to the times people could be racist and get away with it 100% of the time

Darn it. Glad someone started translating it at least

It really didn't. They're single player platformers that can be completed in a couple hours or less. You can consume them like popcorn.