M-muh CLASSIC

>m-muh CLASSIC

Reminder that 99% of you fags will play it for 5 hours and then drop it. Wake the fuck up.

Attached: _89231127_world_of_warcraft_logo.jpg (660x371, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubemultiplier.com/5b5b02d95b57b-total-biscuit-in-the-grave-tonight.php
youtube.com/watch?v=NurSCPaGtaA&t
youtube.com/watch?v=SsnR59GF51c
youtube.com/watch?v=cSY0B1ZRyeM
youtube.com/watch?v=BfJYzZ-PC9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why are you so obsessed with classichads and how they spend their free time?

ok stan and now hurry up to your next pet minigame in your garrison

retailers BTFO

Old School Runescape.

>making a thread to complain about something that doesn't involve you

WEW LAD, WE FULL MAD NOW

Attached: foreal.gif (362x218, 448K)

How do we know it isn't just one fag forcing this meme?

Retailcucks seething. Don't you have a +10 key to run this week?

>its gonna happen because I said so!

seething

Attached: 1553275009606.jpg (1024x833, 80K)

based, nobody wants to play a game with much less classes, races, maps, dungeons, raids and many more

You gotta try harder than that if you are gonna samefag...

>Muh nostalgia argument again

You do realise you can download and play a99% accurate blizzlike Vanilla server with great community at literally any time right? I never played until Cata and have been playing on a classic server for 2.5 months, and it is objectively the superior game, actually feels like an RPG, requires you to interact with other players or risk getting curbstomped and holds Chaosfags to account when they do dickish shit. The nostalgia argument is simply false.

That said FUCK Blizzard and just play on Kronos, stop giving Kotick more money, the little Rat literally has enough to spend 30,000$ every day for 100 years, he doesn't need more.

Shit forgot to post pic unrelated

Attached: IMG_1960.jpg (1019x1265, 159K)

Nigga...fucking wut?

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1552828388085.jpg (395x650, 116K)

Nah, I always drop vanilla servers when I hit mid 30s because your options at that point are grind for dozens of hours to skip STV or suffer through being ganked every 2 minutes.

Classicfags are fucking insufferable. You idiots literally pay money for less content. Have you even played BFA or any of the recent expansions? Do you realize how much amazing content has been added? Let's list the things that you're going to be missing out on playing classic:
No LFG and no LFR. Enjoy having to spam general chats just to run a 5 man.
No transmog. Have fun being forced to look retarded.
No world quests/daily quests. What the fuck are you even going to do after you hit 60 and clear the content? The servers are going to die.
No phasing. You faggots are even screaming about them sharding too. Why? Have fun competing with 100 different people.
No achievements. Why even do half the challenging content if you can't even record the fact that you did it?
No arena. Have fun doing the same three battlegrounds. Over and over.
No flying mounts. Enjoy getting dazed every five minutes.
No blood elves, draenei, worgen, goblins, or pandaren. No allied races either.
No Death Knights,Monks, or Demon Hunters. Shamans and Paladins are faction locked. The whole servers are probably going to be faction locked too, so no cross faction alts.
No battle pets. What purpose do pets even have in Classic? Just followers that do nothing?
No boosts. Want to get an alt to 60? Have fun grinding for the next 3 months!
No garrisons. Even fucking Runescape had a construction skill for player housing.
No titanforging. No multiple raid difficultys. No Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, and the literal dozens of other beautiful zones. I'm probably missing something. I just wanted to say fuck all of you. I don't know why blizzard is wasting their time with this stupid fucking garbage.

Attached: F9165641-8072-4B98-9BE5-6141B68AB381.jpg (476x310, 90K)

>Not forming a leveling party of rogue hunters

best bait I've seen all year

Attached: 1554260086832.png (325x300, 87K)

weakest bait ive ever seen lol

Attached: IMG_1672.jpg (1024x813, 62K)

I know this is pasta but I actually can't fathom the original motivation behind the post. Does someone actually think like this is or is just a bait made by someone who likes Classic? Because it's just listing positives as negatives.

>No LFG and no LFR. Enjoy having to spam general chats just to run a 5 man.

imagine being a retail cuck not knowing the aspect of guilds in a mmorpg.

back in the days you played with people you know you fucking idiot and you didn´t had to do dungeons with 80 IQ LFR retards.

go back to your garrison and play pet minigames retail cuck

Attached: index.jpg (3840x2160, 697K)

I'll never understand why addicts continue supporting any version of WoW, when a superior game already exist. One that's also free of the trannies that so many of you dislike.

Attached: 2345t5f.png (1024x833, 404K)

>tfw I'll never meet a qt gf on Classic like in Vanilla WoW

Attached: 1552818736490.jpg (543x419, 12K)

Is it though? He's typed up more shit than all of the collective responses he'll get in this thread. The best bait ie one that is low effort but high impact. Like this.

>tfw while you retards pay to play a down graded version of nu wow I'll be playing mmo kino.

Attached: redpill.jpg (1917x2133, 471K)

>free of trannies
nice one m8

Have they announced how many servers there's going to be?

highly ironic considering ffxiv is the one full of mentally ill trannies.

>25 years old
>haven't played a game for more than 5 hours for the past two years
>try private server
>put in 30 hours in a week

It might be the only game that I'm going to be able to play for the rest of my life.

Attached: 1l325ay09mqy.png (638x582, 40K)

this guy gets it.

>implying they were ever women
Those stories of people meeting up irl after knowing eachother in wow are like 0.01% occurences.

So just how hard do rogues scale alongside the other classes? Is it possible for me as an elemental shaman to ever truely compete with them in 1v1 situations?

Fake-Spoiler:
WoW was never good.

That's a fact. /thread

if your gear is on the same level: no.

if your gear is one the same level the only chance you got is to burst him down as enhancer with windfury procs + kiting with frostshock.

How do I kite rogue niggers when they just pop sprint, dispel your slow and go way faster than you?

>retail babies are so bored and fed up with wow they spend all day making anti classic threads

This post hyped me up
Thinking about wow without all those bad things listed

frostshock + spirit wolf + healing
at some point his CDs are all used and u need to burst him down.
otherwise he will reset.

you have totems wo work with.

if a rogue has all his CDs and he is doing well he will kill every class, if there is no gear advantage.

This looks like a game for weeb pedophiles
Kys

wrong, warriors are the best scaling class in vanilla

>if a rogue has all his CDs and he is doing well he will kill every class, if there is no gear advantage
Wrong

>making a thread about a game you hate
This is PEAK Seething cunt

Attached: 1504294934385.jpg (986x800, 217K)

Yeah but I'm part of that 1% so what the rest of them do doesn't bother me

>Spirit Wolf
How do you intend to play Elemental without natures swiftness and and the improved cast time on bolts? That's a 3 second cast for spirit wolf. If it were instant you would have a point.

true, but rogues can still compete and outplay you

if i have to chose one class to beat a rogue it would be also a high equip warrior.

who said i intend to play elemental.

i said a shaman only does decent as enhancer + big weapon and he still has to pray for windfury proccs

Well I mean I was asking about elemental shamans.

>shaman only does decent as enhancer
Against who?

elemental shaman doesn´t work.
they just dont.

the only way is to get max spellpower + these insane trinkets but they AQ/BWL level gear.
and even then, if your trinket is on CD a blue equiped rogue laughs at you

Op right now
youtubemultiplier.com/5b5b02d95b57b-total-biscuit-in-the-grave-tonight.php

against anything, theyre pretty much not so item depending warriors untill warriors actual become superior with highend equipment.
you got decent dmg, heal and can counter casters.
totems are also usefull.

i was playing enhancer shaman back in the days and i could compete vs any class as long is wasn´t too much behind regarding gear.

I'll never understand why underages continue to post facebook frogs but here you are

What are retailfags gonna do when Classic takes over as the flagship title? Mass suicide?

So how the fuck am I supposed to PVP? Enhancement gets kited super hard.

>HURR PLAYER IS CHOSEN ONE SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE
>Thousands of chosen ones walk past you in Limsa

If an mmo pulls this for lore it is a skip.

shaman pvp is not 1v1 dude.
shaman pvp is battlegrounds or openpvp with your guild.

if you want to do 1v1 dont play shaman.

retailcopes on eternal suicide watch

Because I'm not a disgusting weeb and I hate everyrhing about FF's world and style.

nah, ill spend hours leveling a rouge and then gank little hordies with my human female rouge

Attached: f1ff338432682774cffadb98acbfaf50.jpg (2480x3507, 958K)

>wife is going to play classic despite never playing wow
>wants me to play too
I've been free for years and this damn she-devil is roping me back in.

I've literally put over 500 hours into vanilla private servers, why wont I do the same again?
YOU need to WAKE the fuck UP

Attached: 559BF617533841BE8FD0A12EFB036C74.png (472x369, 129K)

Not a good argument considering OSRS was dead as fuck until it started getting new content

>female human

Attached: DELET_THIS.jpg (367x440, 36K)

ITT we post our Race/Class and other user make assumptions about the kind of faggot you arw. I'll start

>Undead Warlock

You play elemental or resto. The dude saying elemental shamans are weak in PvP doesn't know shit, and ele shamans certainly don't need gear from fucking AQ40 to be strong. The fact that he wrote BWL/AQ40 gives me the hint that he doesn't know shit considering the power difference between these two raids loot table.
Once ZG and PvP gear is out you'll be fine. You won't need that much gear from raids (although some key items will always help), and some items will be free loot anyway because nobody wants them, like Deep Earth mail shoulders that only give nature damage which are useless for shaman healers. The hardest loot will be the ZG reputation stuff, like the mail chest that requires revered and a quest item that drops from certain ZG bosses. Zandalari Hero Charm and Talisman of Ephemeral Power will be a bitch to get but you'll only need one of them.

And the game isn't balanced around 1v1. Elemental shamans are great in BGs because of burst, totems, quick heals, overpowered interrupt etc. Very fun and mechanically intensive class to play because you're gonna need a lot of keybinds for totems and downranked spells. If you want to just faceroll people in 1v1, play shadow priest.

>ffxiv improved upon a shit game to become mediocre
>wow went from great to shit
will classic save mmos bros?

Attached: 1443908059056.jpg (1004x1208, 271K)

Why do people keep making this thread? Is it the same person? Are you a modern WoW player who's upset that a lot of people want to play an actual MMORPG?

Imagine not just playing it for 5 hours but playing static content for years and years. Imagine being that delusional and having that much of a mid-life crisis. MMOs are dead. Move on.

So what’s your favourite quest chain, and why is it legend of stalvan?

This, people who bitch about 1v1's not being balanced should be gassed. Wanna only ever 1v1? Go 3 minute mage in front of Org or wherever the alliance shitters duel.

edgy retard or a minmaxing superautist
>troll mage

>accept quest
>cut scene
>talk to npc
>cut scene
>get into dungeon
>cut scene
>approach boss
>cut scene
>kill boss
>cut scene
>leave dungeon
>cut scene

Why are retail fags so mad all the time that classic is coming out? Are they that sure that it'll kill their game

legend of stalvan is decent but I probably like the fordring questline the best. Also, I really enjoy the STV hunters' questline as well due to the great amount of exp each part gives.

Your forgot
>log in
>cap out all weekly progress in 20 minutes
>ponder why the fuck you can't gear up another class
>log off for a week
>repeat

So what should i play in vanilla if i want to feel like a solo adventurer? Thinking about orc rogue or something (really want to stay horde and be orc desu).

Hyper-jew goldfarmer who plans on owning the AH day1.
>Gnome Warrior

>Play Feral druid
>Kick warriors from my UBRS and DM runs

Delightfully devilish.

>Shadow priests
anytime I dueled one of these they'd end the fight with 100% HP and 30% mana no matter what

Hunters or warlocks are best for solo.
Warlock if you want to eventually move into raiding

Orc Hunter. Not only can you do basically any content in the game solo, but hunters classic mechanics makes it feel a lot more like a real adventure.
>Make sure you have enough ammo/petfood before leaving town
>Scour the world for rare/unique beasts to tame
>Lay traps for your enemies
>Literally track down enemy players if you pvp

Shit's cash

Like said, orc hunters/warlocks are the classes that can most easily solo content (including quests w/ elites). Rogues are my favorite class though and I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Oy vey, I have been found out!

>alterac
>desolace
>thousand needles
>arathi
>badlands
I mean you got options
you can also skip nesingwary entirely and just quest in the less ganky areas of STV

This might only be true in duels and even then it's questionable if a rogue can beat a good warrior or frost mage, and can literally never win against a hunter. All the hype about rogues being godly was perpetuated by some buttblasted warlock who made those "world of roguecraft" videos back in the day, but the reality is that rogues are only on even footing with other classes once every 5 minutes (when all of their cooldowns are up). Then you just sit around getting killed for free for five minutes straight because you have no way of getting out of snares/disables. I'm pretty sure warlocks are even better 1v1 once they were given death coil, which was after those videos came out. The odds of you coming across a rogue with full cooldowns in any real situation other than duels is pretty slim.

FF14 was only at all interesting at launch, though poorly realised. They rebooted to become yet another inferior WoW clone but with catgirls and tons of classes which aren't viable

I mean why even have multiple classes on a single character if it adds nothing to gameplay? What a waste

>not windfury twohit them

Now look at the spoiler text.

>skipping one of the best zones in the game
Pathetic. STV turns boys into men and charlies are up in every tree.
>inb4 you must have been a horde ganker
Nah, I've always rolled ally and gotten my ass kicked there but the warring band of 30 something pvp groups is always fun.

Attached: STV.jpg (700x496, 41K)

>tons of classes which aren't viable
literally every class is viable
the only ugly duckling is MCH and even it is totally viable, it just has a tedious rotation

The amount of rectal devastation death coil caused to undead rogues was delicious, and I’m sure it will be again.

Nah I'll get to 60 on a warlock again
The problem is depending on when in Classic WoW it is, you'll have to grind like crazy and only really the warlock can do it well.

In theory a hunter can solo grind just fine but it's multiple mobs that are the issues
Also Druid is neat since it has stealth, I find that a Warlock can just go god of death mode again which is nice

>raidlog for mythic raids
>rest of time spent on classic playing an actual MMORPG
>same $15 sub

If this isn't how you'll play WoW then I feel sorry for you. While the rest of retail is shit, mythic raids are still top tier. C U contrarian fags in azeroth

will you test your luck?

Attached: classic randomizer.png (1680x1050, 385K)

>No achievements. Why even do half the challenging content if you can't even record the fact that you did it?

Attached: 1482391146349s.jpg (250x221, 5K)

I’m going to post and roll a human warlock anyway

You know what, I was having trouble picking anyway. Rollan

TEST
YOUR
MIGHT

Attached: 6311d7a5.jpg (500x500, 45K)

I just wanted TBC, but nooo.

Now you fucks get 1.12 alterac valley, which is basically the same as the retail version except without resources. FORGET having those hour- or even day-long matches.

Well if that's true, it means one of two things:
1. Each class is just a clone of an archetype and have been throttled to deal similar damage so any class of the same type won't be better
2. You are full of shit and the game is not balanced and there are tons of shitty classes, and it is most viable to play the ones with best DPS and easiest mechanics

Take a look at the most recent raid tier and note the prevalance of WHM/--- healer pairs with AST/SCH pairs.

>Troll hunter? Awesome! That was my first ever rave/class combo back in Vanilla! It must be a sign.
>Survival
Oh. Oh no.

>Only 2 genders
Big OOF

>hate modern wow
>thought classic was kind boring back in the day but better than the state modern wow is in now

god i can't wait for WoW to finally die for good

Attached: wutohno.png (327x308, 214K)

who here /WishesWeCouldGetAFunNewMMOExperience/

shilling for a private server, lol

yea i remember playing a rogue back then and by 1.12 i was thinking rogues quality of life was shit and i was gonna reroll for tbc then my friend told me to wait because rogues get a cool new spell called cloak of shadows so it gets better.
youtube.com/watch?v=NurSCPaGtaA&t

Go on night here, do your shitty world quests if classic sucks so much

why do you comment on a game you clearly don't play?
the game is balanced as such : higher personal dps bring less raid utility, lower personal dps bring a lot of raid utility
a class like ninja doesn't do a lot of personal DPS but is very sought after because it brings a lot of useful buffs and debuffs
literally every comp clears every content
not everything has to follow the WoW model of having 3 classes on top at any given time and the rest being relegated to filler-tier until the next patch comes along

>LFG is full of anime ERP and suicidal mooks
>Palace of the dead is your fastest way to level compared to everything else and it's boring as fuck
>carbon copy wow aesthetic for end game

Yeah man totally kino....people will fucking eat any old pile of shit.

God awful bait. Lurk moar redditfag

No reeinforcements enables hour and day long avs brainlet

WoW's level cap should have never gone above 60 and endgame for new expacs should have been about completing storylines in order to access raids and then gearing up for unique mechanics, not arbitrarily larger numbers, change my mind.

No. The massive amount of powerful NPCs in the previous patches enabled that, since that is what made pushing so difficult that you actually needed the bosses.

The nerfed AV, which is what they're going to deploy, makes even the unfair alliance bridge relatively tame.

gonna roll just to see

>retail zoomers still mad that their inferior version of WoW will die
Why are you so butthurt at other people having fun?

basically this

classic retards are so deluded trying to cling to their teenage years of playing wow at 1am in the morning and eating fritos

Read. The. Spoiler.

>free of trannies
>anime game
Shit bait

So it's exactly like WoW then with it's tank, DPS, healer, support archetypes

Thanks for the confirm. And I did play FF14 at the time of the ARR event and it was boring as shit when it relaunched after the meteor hit.

me but all those kickstarter mmos that have been development for ages are most likely doomed from the get go

I'd play it just spite blizzard for making retail so boring.

nyes

You can if the windfury gods are willing

No you should play skyrim or some zelda shit.

Patrician Taste

>average tank who doesnt bring much new to the table but people keep in the guild because he's funny
Dwarf Priest

>want to play dudu for classic
>remember that resto didn't get the tree until TBC
>boomerkin is fucking useless

What is the fucking point even?

>Mythic raiding
>Whenclassic raids and general difficulty and skill level is way superior to retail

“It’s not wow so it’s good” retards are the worst.

Have to post something original because filter classes rolling as spam

Attached: based Dagoth.jpg (225x225, 11K)

not rolling

Yeah, it was honestly miserable. I tried to go for the PvP set as a rogue and the entire process was just
>do something cool every 5 minutes, maybe
>otherwise just slowly meander around the map trying to steal objectives, or just get vaporized immediately upon exiting stealth in team fights
>overall drag the team down by essentially making them down a person

well, ill play it for as long as it takes to get atleast one of each faction to 60, so a lot longer than 5 hours. stop shitting on peoples fun.

Male Tauren resto shammy. Not bad, not bad

Human Warlock

Has two modes. In raid is super chilled out always cracking jokes. Only raids for pvp items though where he respects to shadow and is the smelliest tryhard in history.

>Tauren Hunter

is he pouring a glass of piss?

>Enjoy
>Have fun
>Have fun
>Have fun
>Enjoy
>Have fun
I will, thanks.

>tfw love the look of boomkins but they're useless and boring to play
same issue i have with paladins

every single one of these but no flying is a bonus.

Treeform was the best thing ever put in this game. I still go treaform when running resto on live even if it doesn't do anything.

do your worst

>mfw WoW pulls it in legion though you can argue it went back further than that
>mfw the cutscene is even you floating in a dark void talking to a crystal like in XIV
>mfw they thought 'this is what the kids like these days' or something and ripped off fucking XIV of all things, which was already a rip off of WoW with worse storytelling
that's when I quit

Attached: 7anifreezeman.gif~c200.gif (200x200, 38K)

Tree was a mistake.

All the changes druids received over the years just turned them from hybrids into pseudo pure classes. Want to heal? Stay in tree form, you can't do anything but heal. Want to be a caster? Stay in boomkin form. Retail has gone as far as to separate cat and bear completely.

In classic druids are still hybrids. You won't get very far in pvp if you just try to stick with a single role all the time. You're not a rogue, you're not a warrior, you're not a mage, you're not a priest, so you shouldn't try to act like one. Unfortunately, this wasn't realized in raids very well, as they focus on specialization to a single role so much.

>Reminder:

>M Orc, M/F Tauren, M/F Troll M/F Dwarf
These are your brothers and allies. Help out when possible
>F Orc
These are skilled, but with bad personality
>M Human, M Nelf, M Gnome
These guys are usually bad to average but don't know any better
>M/F Undead, F Gnome
These are tryhard pvpers who will show you no mercy, show them none in return
>F Nelf, F Human
These are full retard minmaxers, streamers or gay discord cult leaders. Kill on sight and waste their time whenever possible. If you see them doing a chicken escort quest, be sure to kill it right before the end.

Attached: 54279313_583377042156532_5464730501245829120_n.jpg (960x960, 103K)

nah, due to my vanilla privat server experience people tend to drop it around lvl 20-30.
once they realize that getting them from 20-21 takes some hours, and the game doesnt have enough quests.

it's going to be a solid 3-4 months of absolute fun

this game is so fucking dead lmao

I think the problem is that in vanilla, you start off as an unknown shitter, yes, but as you level to 60 the NPCs gradually start to give you more respect until eventually you're "the hero" by the beginning of TBC. But then there's still 5 more fucking expansions, and 99% of the player base is max level anyway. So you end up in this uncanny situation where every single player in the entire world is the ONE AND ONLY SAVIOR. In my opinion the NPCs should have just treated you like a random shitter all the way to max level, because it's not like you can kill any meaningful bosses without 39 other guys anyway. You're basically just a wc3 grunt.

huh?

Attached: 1461615118212.jpg (429x484, 67K)

I'm gonna roll a dorf paladin and have fun and there is nothing you can do about it, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=SsnR59GF51c
dudes I can't wait

First month is going to be the most fun in an MMO since 2000-2006.
People I haven't spoken to in years got in contact just to play vanilla again

Attached: 1533906375140.jpg (1920x1080, 765K)

The only time you were ever the "hero" in TBC was when you actually did something cool like kill Kael'thas and get your name shouted out across shattrath or when you did a really fucking long quest chain like Cipher of Damnation. That was all endgame stuff, it wasn't part of the leveling experience everybody went through. It was no different to planting onyxia heads or whatever.

The whole "thank god you're here hero, our legions are yours to command, now please collect 10 boar asses' thing started with phasing in WotLK andwent full batshit with Cata.

I've been practicing on the new Elysium server for a while now.

So far I am finding grinding to be way faster / more profitable than questing. Travel time is a bitch, also questing in areas where everyone else is doing the same thing sucks. Feels like being at Six Flags / Universal / Disney World on a busy day, but you can't get shit done cause you're waiting on spawns.

It's so much better to just get into a comfy area with mobs that there's little to no quests for, and just murder shit while listening to videos, watching a movie, eating snacks, or reading a book.

As a rogue you can 2-3 shot most enemies later on via ambush and facestabs. (Face stabbing was in retail cause I was the one that found out how to do it.)

Attached: Alpha Male SwoleBenji.png (542x330, 41K)

That's 5 more hours than what I spend playing retail WoW

Attached: 1_1jdVO5P3i_5djq34kuKxAw.jpg (1024x584, 55K)

You're right but you're complaining about the wrong thing. The issue was the talent trees, not the forms. Druids were always fundamentally dependant on their forms and them not having a healing centered form was weird. What they should have done was make Tree form like Bear form, giving you the buffs necessary to do the job well but not locking you out of being able to do it without the form. And made Treeform not a talent, just baseline.

Me any my multiple friend groups are all excited to play. Playing on a 3.3.5 server while I wait and it's interesting to see exactly what killed WoW and when. Game's still fun, though.

Extremely chill player who you invite to your groups only to gradually discover that they, in fact, have no fucking idea what they're doing. May or may not be South American.

>Every single thing in that image applies to me
>Still deny I'm depressed
haha...

the entire hellfire peninsula questline tho

>Getting in shape
TO GET PUSSY! TO OVERPOWER OTHER MEN. TO BE SWOLE.

>miss being a kid
Pffffffth. Adults have money and freedom.

>hurt inside and out
Fix it!

>emo zombie
Hold frame. Men don't need emotions.

>don't know what to do with life
Play video games and have sex!

>no one would want me
Why not? Lift brah. Get some monies.

>nothing gets better
Hmm, ya know...

>playing vidya doesn't make it better
Yeah....

>Do parents resent
They're alive?

>No real talents
I know that feel

>so tired of it all
Me too....

>Stupid thing 6 years ago
I wish I could remember. ;___;

Like the questchains where you did the bombing runs and shut down the forge camps? I guess. You don't seem like a massive hero, you're basically a skilled grunt. It's not a huge leap from being sent into BRD to rescue the princess or the battle of darrowshire chain or whatever.

>orcs
>bros
Half of orcs are massive tryhards so picked the race simply for the racials. Orc is the race that has seen the most growth from vanilla to private servers, going from being about 20% of horde races to being 30%.

Dwarves fall to the same category, at least when priests are concerned. Dwarf priests weren't that common in vanilla. Now roughly 60% of priests on alliance just happen to be dwarves. I wonder why.

I have never met a dwarf or a troll player who wasn't a huge piece of shit. I have no idea of where this meme of them being """bros""" come from.

Muh fear ward. Fuck dwarves and fuck the alliance.

Fair point about orcs, they're definitely not as good as they were in actual vanilla. Priests though, I think there's a difference between the kind of player who rolls a race to buff their raid and one who rolls a race to get 5% more personal dps

>trolls
>anywhere near as cancer as dwarves
Man you must have been playing with some grade A autism, vanilla trolls are only played by people just looking to have a good time who don't care that their racials are ass and Raiders min/maxxing Mages since no other race on horde gives then worthwhile racials. There is no inbetween.

If I were to roleplay a duplicitous, attention whoring manlet that lies about his height, constantly ban evades and samefags, would a gnome rogue or warlock be most appropriate?

I agree but I can understand the opposite appeal, what's the point in doing all of these tasks and heroic deeds if the quest givers are still going to tell you to collect 10 poop? Not that they don't do that anyway.

The problem is that there's no way to escalate the status of the PC without it seeming incongruous in the world because of how many of them there are running around. The more forced stories of the last few expansions have been a massive mistake IMO because of that. In BC you were let's say trusted at that point, but you were still an adventurer in an unknown land. Same with WOTLK, you were sent to Northrend because you're one of the best, but the key word is one of. You were still sent with an army. In Cata it starts getting into the "Thrall sees you in his dreams" bullshit. I think Pandaria reigned it back in a bit which was nice, but it has been awhile. The start of WoD's story was nice too, but the garrisons fucked it again, and it's all been downhill from there.

It's just a matter of pushing it too far. You went from Rando > Trusted > Knight > General. Any of the first three fits, anything higher and you start to wonder why the world has so many high level military officers. And why it doesn't matter at all. Bringing the 'story' to the front is the mistake, because then it forces these kind of escalations so that it has somewhere to progress. What MMO storytelling really works with is worldbuilding, and then the stories players create based on that.

The important MMO stories are the ones the players create with the content. I beat up enough guys to become level X. Or, I killed the fire lord and got this flaming halo. Or, I killed enough horde to become grand marshal. Why are those good stories for the medium? Because it's something your character did, and they have something to show for it outside of themselves. I think more importantly, relating to classic, is that these accomplishments also had some measure of investment in them.

>tfw was the only troll shaman in all of my raiding guilds throughout vanilla and tbc

Attached: boomer_muscle.png (700x713, 613K)

Resto trolls are pretty sweet too (any healing troll really, that cast speed is sweet) but most Shamwow's I knew rolled Orc because they really wanted to be mdps but were forced to heal.

There is nothing noble about rolling dwarf for fear ward. They do it so people want them more for raids, or because it's also good for pvp.

Any list like this is bound to be garbage because it's 90% based on subjective opinions and your own biases about which races you like come into play. Yea Forums especially is biased for some of the "uglier" races. This can be seen with other games, like wario being the only cool character in the mario kart pictures, and shit like that.

So until you find objective metrics for these things, I don't recommend making them.

Me in the front.

kkkkk

I actually made arcanite reaper and got deathbringer on my troll shaman
no clue what I was thinking

these sound like the words a female human dps warrior

>dwarves
>based

Anyone who posts this plays a dwarf themselves, because nobody else likes them.

Attached: hard times.png (352x352, 169K)

That's the same kind of tryharding though.

no shit sherlock

I used to play a troll ench shaman and one of my favorite WoW memories was when they added that pre-wotlk stuff to Kharazan. My buddy was in a raiding guild and I was not but I wanted to see the new content so he got them to take me along for funsies. The Arcanite Ripper dropped and nobody knew what it was so they just did need/greed for it. Everyone lost their fucking mind when we found out what it did. One of my favorite items of all time.

t. fem Nelf Rogue

I play a female gnome rogue. Dwarves are self-aggrandizing fags who have no one, so they just fellate each other all day.

jokes on you this game will fucking ruin my life when it comes out

>pretends bfa has content
hahahahahahahhahahahaha top tier post have another (you)
dirty fucking slut

>he doesn't drink piss
wew lad

Such a fucking casual he doesn't go full out with male gnome lmao

literally the worst race/gender combination in the game so that explains your wrong opinions. I've never played a dwarf but anyone who doesn't play a cutesy faggot race is based.

Lolno. I will make an UD rogue, nolife to 60 and then camp menethil harbor until BGs are released. Every day for a few hours I will just stalk the piers and murder people coming on and off the ships.
The realmforums will talk about me and the god of ganking Angwe will look down upon me with a smile.

Attached: Dr. Evil.jpg (1252x1252, 156K)

>female gnome rogue

i should make another shit tier just for you

Attached: 1553971382263.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Is this the wall of no from back then?

This. I just re-subbed last week to scratch the itch while I wait for classic. I no shit completed all the BFA content week 1. Ex with Trolls, Honorbound, was already ex with Highmountains/Purple elves, ran both raids, geared to 400, finished all the questlines on Zuld and Kul. Nothing left to do but masturbate and finish my weekly lockouts. WoD had more fucking content than this.

its funny how vanilla still has 100x the content of any of the expansions combined
Sad
cant wait to finally play the ultimate wowkiller. vanilla wow.

>"I want to play a short race, but still look tough!"

Dwarves are a mediocre race. The LotR movies came out 18 years ago, go full midget or go home.

Attached: israel flag.gif (480x360, 1.59M)

I get what you mean. And I, too, believe that's what's going to happen with Classic.

But to make threads over something you ultimately don't care about is maximun retardation. Let the Classicfags enjoy the hype. It's their, potential, disappointment in the end after all. They didn't hurt you or retail. Retail WoW is already shitty as it is.

Attached: 11141423104.jpg (901x712, 75K)

>mfw last time I played wow was in wotlk and I have all the expansions content for free

Attached: es viakal.png (304x385, 192K)

have fun auto attacking and wanding

Did he list something blatantly false?

There's about 4 days worth of gametime just getting to 60.

4 days would be a world record. More like 8 days minimum for a normal person.

>fresh servers willl be empy due to sharding

gonna be dead cuz min maxer wanna lvl fast

Attached: 1546884901204.png (1000x800, 44K)

I hit 60 multiple times never going to STV and only running dungeons once when I had gathered all the quests without having to grind - pre exp buff which will be in patch 1.12
git gud

How many hours per day did you play? I don't doubt that BfA has little content but all this in a week sounds nuts.

>paying nu-blizzard for anything ever
congratulations you fucking inbreds, you're keeping people who should by all means be gunned down in the streets from losing their jobs.
You retards never learn

Considering one of the top guilds is aiming for a Week 1 rag kill which has never been done before I'd say 8 days to 60 is easily doable, but not anywhere near "normal player" tier.

Unless you mean 8 full days worth of hours logged in which case sounds legit.

I was sick and out of work so definitely a lot more than I normally would but I never put in more than 6 hours a day, and that was days 1 and 2 getting to 120 when I was at my sickest and barely ablw to stand up without passing out.

I do indeed mean hours played. 'Normal' is pretty subjective, a true normie would take like a year to get to 60 if ever, but 'Yea Forums normal' probably like a month.

Rolling ror

yea 1 week rag on private server
most raid bosses has made up value and rag is a complete joke on private servers

>make an mmo
>setup an expansion model whereby each expansion makes all previous ones tedious dead content that only serves as a gate to the real game
>continue for years
>now make each patch make the previous one dead content also
How the fuck have people ever praised blizzard for being good at making mmos, how the fuck is wow even alive.

BASED

>nelf combat rogue
>tfw that was one of my vanilla characters because of course it was
based

Go play some retail and join a “”semi-hardcore”” guild. Trust me there is an abundance of roasties now. You’ll find crops of them in some guilds

test your anal

Reminder to ignore guides and minmaxers ~
The objectively correct path will lead you astray ~

>gonna make a caster
>tfw you remember briarwood farm

Attached: ded3.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

I'm talking about doing it on live when it comes out, at least that's what they're prepping for. Doing practice raids on their own private server and planning out leveling/itemization etc.

This but unironically.
Guide readers burn out rapidly and act like headless chickens in non ideal situations.

>>F Orc
>These are skilled, but with bad personality
That is incredibly on the money. Back in vanilla the only female orcs I kneww were massive man hating bull dykes.

yet we've been playing vanilla private servers since 2013 for thousands of hours, hmm.. makes u think

Attached: 6JkltII.jpg (1256x944, 165K)

Hunter or Warlock

lets see if i get what i will actually roll

I know this is a troll thread, but would someone genuinely defend current WoW?

Attached: 1457983467811.png (196x197, 34K)

Rolling, the roll I get will be main. Come on fate

An earlier thread had someone arguing for over seven hours about how casualisation didn’t kill WoW.

Check the WoW forums, actual insanity

>no flying
>not a bonus

flying ruined exploration, world pvp and travel in general. no flying is arguably the best part

Confirm what i already know

They were larping faggot men themselves though. Female orc is literally the waifufag's only option in Vanilla, they need to go Orc for muh hardiness muh axe skill but cannot bare to actually play as a man and don't want to have to tab off the game to masturbate

If you don't happen to have a thing for goth/dead girls then all Horde females barring Orc are repulsively ugly

I will only defend that Mythic+ was a smart addition to the game, as lots of people want an endgame challenge but don't have time for 25-40 man raiding.

That being said, the loot system for M+ is horrible and makes mythic raiding worse because you don't feel like loot from mythic raiding is worth it.

tl,dr: Mythic + is great, but make the loot reward weaker than end game raiding.

Classic is still baby mode casual, give me a real MMO like FFXI Classic.

>nobody reads the spoiler
>proves this guys point

10/10 bait well done

>tfw like creepy goth chicks and muscle girls
Being a degenerate pays off sometimes.

Attached: sans undertale.png (378x537, 323K)

It comes from someone who posts on the wow forums pretty much all day every day and is an absolutely S E E T H I N G retail faggot.

Mythic+ is just a baindaid fix to the inherent problems with WoW's post WoTLK itemization problems and shouldn't have been necessary in the first place if the superior Classic style itemization was still the core of the game from 60 onwards.

ITT

Attached: 0138e11178d875a4e0d3b695be156c2c.png (842x252, 42K)

>angry people want thing
Retailfags are unironically mental, then again you have to be to play retail in 2019.

cope more seething retail faggot

WoW rarely uses the "CHOSEN ONE" crap, though.

>retailfags are still seething
will this cause the largest butthurt in 2019?

Mythic+ is garbage because of time limit. It should instead just give much tougher mobs.

read what I wrote again

I still find it difficult to believe that guy unironically existed

>that's also free of the trannies
>JMMORPG
That's the place I'd look for them.

I like the concept of unlocking reskin subraces

Too bad the whole game has no endgame when you get free gear and lfd/lfr exist

ya, most players of osrs would be fine with HD textures. They don't give a shit about the graphics it's just that the content is better then rs3

Lmao cry more, bitch nigger.

let's roll the dice

I don't disagree. But having the ability to increase dungeon difficulty would be great even for vanilla.

Imagine being able to make UBRS more difficult, so that even a group with fully geared AQ40 folks might still have a fun challenge out of it. That would be great.

Don't get me wrong though. I want plain vanilla, so I'm not advocating blizz actually makes that change.

Real talk, Vanilla is fun but classicfags are like the muslims of vidya. They flip their shit everytime you criticize Vanilla even though BC was objectively better.

rolling boys

I always feel that whenever someone mentions a good addition to the game that I can agree with, it doesen't even make me reconsider resubbing to retail. The overall experience is gutted so that the one great feature just gets buried behind everything else.

Retail needs major revamps, especially how gear progression works and the random element when getting loot has to go.

>He wouldn't fuck a fem Troll with the pretty face.
>but fem trolls only have one pretty face
>so do Fem Orcs

Now this is some real psyop shit right here.

Try me

t. fem belf pala afking on flying mount in shadowmoon valley

I think everbody agrees that vanilla has flaws and we accepted them. We could also say that TBC features ruined many great aspects of the game. Flying shat on world PvP, huge part of the game. Also TBC made old content unnecessary.

If the entire Azerite system didn't exist it'd be decent. Consumables have always been WoW's timesink outside of raids and Blizzards attempt to force another weekly tax in the form of Azerite is just retarded. Atleast in Legion you could just run M+ and get it while you gear and the concept of artifact power made sense, forcing players to do islands/warfront turnins just killed any interest in the game for me. If I could just farm my potions/flasks and log into raid I'd be happy to resub and raid again, but removing tiersets for a shitty necklace and its shit abilities is one of the worst decisions Blizz has ever made

Here is some raw facts that you aren't ready for
Fact: You will never out level a Hunter
Fact: You will never outfarm a Hunter
Fact: You will never outroll a Hunter
Fact: You will never cap a flag against a Hunter
Fact: You will wear clown shoes for BIS
Fact: You will be jealous of the Hunter tier sets
Fact: You will never get a Mastery Quest
Fact: You will never get to memespec with Nightfall
Fact: The Nerubian Slavemaker is the coolest weapon in the game and the most impactful as a capping point of a char
>Face it, if you aren't playing Hunter you aren't even playing the game your just there to fill space

>Blizzard tries to tell people to not rely on lfd/lfr anymore and only make one boss for lfd/2 raid bosses for lfr available with a NPC telling them to play normal mode for the full experience

Imagine the outrage

dead content u mean. Retail sends everything that isnt the last exp straight to the bin

>playing on easy mode
Oh no no no no. Retailfag COPE

There are plenty of people that would play on a classic server for long periods of time. The problem is this isn't going to be a classic server. This is blizzard we are talking about. The server is going to have a cash shop and probably have access to character services and tokens. The sooner you all admit this to yourselves the easier the letdown is going to be.

Removing tier sets was the cherdy on the giant shitty sundae that Blizz has been serving up since late WoTLK. It was the final move in turning itemization into literally just "Does this have a higher ilvl? Yes? Upgrade." This is single handedly the worst part of modern WoW. I'd take island expeditions, garrisons, selfies, pet battles, what the fuck ever if gearing for dungeons/raids was actually fucking interesting again. Remember when one of the best tank weapons was a dagger because of how much threat you could generate? Remember when everyone in the raid needed that one fire resistance cloak to be able to survive the giant lava monster? Remember when as a hunter your weapons attack speed changed your rotation due to autoshot weaving? Remember when you gave a shit about anything OTHER than ?

Remember when WoW was an RPG?

If they ever make vanilla+ they should really counter stat inflation. Level 70 dungeons should have vanilla raid gear tier stuff at best.

literally retarded but keep being pessimistic. nublizz knows that they will create a GIANT shitstorm when they fuck up wow classic. they know the expectations. did you read any of the blueposts they made on classic in the last few months? every single one keeps spamming about "we know what you expect"

Popularity of the established franchise and sunken cost fallacies.

>World of Warcraft
>use menus to interact with everything/queue for everything
>world is ignored

They don't give a shit either. They have proven many times that $15 a month isn't good enough for them. Then when classic fails they will just put up a snotty post in the forums saying "see we told you you didn't really want it" or something similar. There is no way a company that since wrath has said they would never make classic servers would just do a 100% about face.

youtube.com/watch?v=cSY0B1ZRyeM

Attached: 4b817868.jpg (900x1125, 113K)

100% agree man, while I enjoyed many of the fights in Uldir even from the launch of BfA raiding felt pointless since there were not a single item I was looking forward to equipping, they were just an ilvl increase. There's more meaningfull item progression in level 50-60 in Classic than anything the entirety of BfA.
Fuck with the Classic content schedule you can already look forward to your itemization path, as a Resto Shaman I can't wait to run maraudon for my shield, the small spikes in power throughout Classic just make it seem such a fresher experience. In BfA it's just praying that you get something good from your weekly chest, PvP or raid titanforge, there's nothing to look forward to and there's no sense of accomplishment.

Their entire company knows that the success of classic WoW will determine whether or not blizzard continues as a mega-giant. So I'd say they are working hard to not fuck it up.

It's not hyperbole to say that classic is the only thing that will pull blizzard out of their rut. BfA dropped so many subs that even a perfect follow up expansion couldn't fix the damage. Right now BfA is only bringing in revenue because a very small amount of players are spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on tokens and cash shop services. Eventually they will get tired as well. Classic will actually bring back subs and keep a healthy player pop for a few years.

>tokens
>can play classic without paying any monthly fee
I sure hope so.

Friendly reminder that the Scarlet Chads did absolutely nothing wrong.

Attached: the chad crusade.jpg (2495x1019, 689K)

You can already do that by picking herbs on a BfA server for a few hours a week and buying a token.

Also, classic devs are going out of their way to keep it close to home. I hate blizzard with a passion, but for once I'm actually impressed with the work of the classic devs.

>Fact: You will never outroll a Hunter
So true. Hope you never wanted that weapon.

You either quit during wrath or have been fucked by blizzard so many times that you are starting to like it. No one that has played WoW recently could possibly have any faith that they will not fuck this up.

>he doesn't eat fritos and play vidya at 1am
What a fucking faggot

Attached: 1547308732251.png (450x472, 189K)

I’ve got your hunter loot right here

Attached: 33909E3F-311C-4C16-A8FB-74A4B6C1897E.png (64x64, 6K)

>Warriors trying to get the chain set from SM
It's a level of seethe the internet has not seen in a long time and I for one look forwards too it.

It's always amusing how mad retailbabies get over a version of the game they're not going to play in the first place.

Imagine being so addicted to such a shitty version of the game that the mere mention of an older version of it causes you to go into an autistic rage.

The mistakes from wrath onward were due to incompetence at the marketing stage, not the design stage.
NuWoW has been chasing casuals rather than making a good game, not attempting to make a good game and fucking it up.
The classic team has clearly indicated they are courting the market that actually cares about games, and the failing products of blizzard gives them good incentive to actually try.
It’s by no means a guarantee they’ll pull it off, off course, but they have clear motivation to cater to the right demographic and not import cancerous shit from retail or overwatch that tanked those games.

Hopefully I get something good.

Man it was really fun playing at Chinkdale.

Attached: RMT.jpg (932x371, 51K)

Damn, tough choice
Though I’d lean toward the rogue to have one-sided ganking as an outlet for his insecurities coupled with a general impotence when he’s on his cooldowns

Thanks user.
I was edging towards warlock before, since the demons would simulate the blatant sock puppetry, but rogue sounds better.

fuck i still can't decide on a class/race.. definitely going horde. i want to raid cause as a kid i never saw past golemagg in mc.

rogue? maybe.. lots of competition though

mage? thought i was sure, cause of aoe farm and fun but also high competition for gear/spots

healer? i find healing pretty stressful so prob not

warrior? na, i would enjoy tanking 5/10 mans but not raids, and i wanna be decent solo in the world

hunter? sounds cool, low dps tho, noone wants you in raid, you gotta do all the extra duties in raids kiting pulling etc

druid? na i don't like thematic

warlock? fuuck maybe, i just concern about being a poor mans mage, no water conjuring or teleports, horde warlock maybe overpopulated?

i wanna be like, 50% raiding, 25% farming/quest solo or wpvp, 25% pvp.

as for race, undead girls are cute but they have the old lady voice.. undead male is great but common. trolls, no, feet. tauren too big. orcs are cool, but i feel more tied to the undead desu

I'd say narrow it down to Rogue/Mage and choose from there, overpopulation is never an issue if you join a guild. Every class will have some serious loot competition anyway but as long as you have a guaranteed raiding spot it doesn't matter as long as you get to see bosses downed each week, gear will eventually come to you. Although I wouldn't dismiss hunter so easily, while other classes will out-dps you being that guy who can do all the extra duties (and do them well) makes you stand out in a crowd of 40 people.

I think that warlock is a fairly solid choice despite your concerns about overpopulation.
You'll usually get a raid spot because of the summoning and curse of elements.
If you want to min-max, undead's a good choice for solo because you can life tap followed by cannibalize but orc's better for raiding and pvp because of more pet damage and stun resist.
I'm a retard though, so I could just be talking bullshit.

>tfw this will be the first time trying wow
Plan on doing a warrior troll

Attached: 1548879496508.gif (430x408, 908K)

Keep in mind that you'll be gank fodder for a long time on a pvp server.

That's fine, i'm mostly looking forward to raids

No. I wanna play a good rpg that has MMO elements.

Wow classic will be a good rpg with MMO elements.

>he doesn't drink classic piss
gee brah

>spite blizzard
>by giving them money

i hate modern wow too, but cmon

Imagine not understanding what mythic dungeons are and raids are

You only ever played nost huh?

Because now you have to pay 15 a month

>hunter? sounds cool, low dps tho, noone wants you in raid, you gotta do all the extra duties in raids kiting pulling etc

Every raid is going to want 2-4 hunters for these exact reasons though. You need at least 1 hunter for tranq shot, since you're taking a hunter you may as well take a second for kiting purposes. Since you already have 2 you shouls grab a 3rd or 4th for TSA to be effective and let the hunters you have do reasonable dps.

Also, worrying about not being top DPS in Clasic is retarded anyway, all of your DPS is going to be capped by your tank's TPS. Mage damage is great, but not until the tank can actually handle it.

Also you're the only mail agi class who isn't a meme so...

fag

Lol I hate wow and hate everyone who likes the game now

I mean if you think retail dungeon mechanics are hard maybe that's why classic fags can't play retail?

rollin for lock

ROLLNAD

OPENING LOCKBOXES ON BANK ROOF
*TIPS APPRECIATED*

If you are alliance and want to be a hunter would you choose dwarf or night elf?
Based on racial abilities alone one might be inclined to think dwarf but night elves actually have a higher base agility of 25, the highest out of all races, compared to the dwarves 16. Shadowmeld is also extremely useful as a hunter in both pve and pvp and should not be underestimated.

Attached: armorset_nightelf-male-hunter-2.jpg (400x547, 44K)

i use my keen hunter smell as a female night elf to root out to threats to the alliance. at 300 years old, i have outgrown the use of words.
>bounces tits
>flips away

Attached: 1554215182367.gif (571x446, 1.6M)

I don't understand how, the hd graphics from 2008 made character models look fucking awful imo.

Here's a challenge for you, anons: name 1 (one) thing better in retail than in vanilla.

hard mode: can't be related to graphics/technical issues/netcode/etc but instead related to game design.

Attached: 1542369924081.png (239x210, 5K)

If I start on a private server today and play until classic comes out will I get burnt out? Or will I just feel good playing vanilla

I have never seen a game that has people literally BEGGING other people not to play it. I don’t get it, even in consolewar threads you don’t have this level of desperation. What is it about this game that makes people seethe so hard?

rollan'

Attached: Ruiner We will both regret it.gif (300x413, 974K)

if you burn out, you are playing 5+ hrs a day
2-3 hours 4 or 5 times a week you will be OK
actual burnouts are raiders and r12+ grinds that actually survive on government handouts but they kill themselves as fast as they're replaced

Class balance.
>vanilla WoW: main dev plays warrior so warriors are the only viable tank and top 3 dps, better than half the pure dps classes too lol
vanillafags cannot refute or justify this

That depends on how much WoW you've played in the past. If you've never played WoW before you won't get burnt out since you can just play another class/race/faction.

I don't know about retail because it's been years since I've played, but I do remember boss mechanics being a lot better in later expansions. Dungeon and raid layout has been significantly worse, but the actual fights are more interesting. Not that I mind the simple mechanics of Vanilla at all, and organizing 40 people to do simple shit was sometimes more of a hurdle than any modern content, but I do still think the newer fights are more fun.

Honest I feel it's too little too late, also 1.12 is the worst version of classic.

The fights now are like ARPG garbage that rely on twitch shooter mechanics while all classes spam their instant no gcd shit.

Wow that sounds like such a unique idea
There are at least 10 faggots on any server who plan to do exactly the same

That's a shame. I liked a lot of the mechanics between TBC and even some Cata stuff. That was about the last of the content that I engaged with though.

Paladins were actually okay for undead heavy dungeons and druids were OK in some physical damage heavy encounters but warriors were designed as the archetypal tank and priest the archetypal healer and there is nothing wrong with that..

Really nice pasta

People who play other MMO's that survive/grow from the influx of wowfugees are worried that their lifeline will get cut if Classic is a success. Alternatively it's easy (you)'s, people hate Blizzard and label anything they make as a microtransaction bloated mess and there's the few private server owners who are upset they're going to lose income from their corrupt servers

>imagine being this much of a bitter sad cunt
Damn ur life must suck

I actually like the class disparity to a degree. Some of it was pretty gay and bad itemization didn't help, but I really don't like how every class has been homogenized in retail. It was cool having classes that provided more in utility than they did in dps, and some specs only being viable in certain content made them feel more specialized and unique. I can totally get why people would be bothered by that, but it made the world feel more believable I think.

>warriors were designed as the archetypal tank
Right but to be fair warrior dps balled way out of control in the later raid tiers. Those mother fuckers were kings of just about everything.

so if warrior is the archetypal tank why is he also a top 3 dps in game and the average 40 man raids brings 10+ warriors but like 2 hunters at best

rollin'

Attached: mfw.jpg (617x718, 78K)

And despite this having majority warriors as DPS is objectively garbage because of how TPS and Gearing works. A guild with 3-6 warriors will gear faster and progress more than a guild with the 20 warrior meme team. "Bring the player not the class" is Blizz-speak for "This isn't an RPG anymore so nobody gets unique abilities that make them each valuable in raid situations outside of having a bigger number."

Hunters also had a lot more advantages outside of raids. Warriors were certainly over tuned but in general most class imbalances came out in the wash if you canvased all of the games content.

Because melee damage dealers would ignore 90% of raid mechanics, also raid composition on private server is driven by autism, on retail no one really cared as long as it was somehow balanced enough to clear the content except try hard guilds going for world firsts that exploited everything they could.

>tfw youre actually being generous since fury warriors were #1 dps all along and we just didnt know back in the day

Druid tanks might become meta along with DW Furyprot in the worldfirst poopsock guilds.

because they itemized dungeons poorly, added little to no spellpower outside of trash greens, stacked casters with spirit, tied damage to agi and str, and didn't change that mentality until aq/zg because baby players didn't know how to fight kiters

>literally cannot progress through naxx if you do not have 8 warriors minimum
>this is by literal design

Yeah, pretty much listed every reason why everything after vanilla and select parts of TBC was shit.

Tbc has dogshit pvp and flying mounts killed world pvp
Pve is decent but overall its a shit raidlogging expansion

LETS GO, UNDEAD ROGUE

TBC was such a bummer at times. I really did enjoy the new zones and the dungeon/raid content was actually pretty fucking fantastic, but that's pretty much where it all ends. It started so many trends that ultimately evolved in to what WoW is today. As soon as Blizzard doubled down on dailies and turned catch-up mechanics in to literal free epics I basically gave up all hope that the game would ever be the same. Wrath just pushed it to its logical extreme. Again, some pretty good pve content but everything else fucking blew. And by the middle/end of wrath the pve even sucked.

Troll mage and troll rogue, gonna level them up when the other is logged getting xp or being camped

If your guild is geared enough for Naxx then TPS and gearing aren't issues anymore, are they?

Troll Shaman

rolling class

is it worth rolling on a private server by myself if I don't know anyone and don't have friends to play with

>wake the fuck up
Based

Only if you don't intend to play classic when it drops. Some people are rolling a pservers as 'practice' but I still think that'll cheapen the experience. But if you're just curious about vanilla content and don't plan on getting invested then yeah, sure.

>you will play for 5 hours and then drop it
Why would I quit at level 24?

I played during vanilla and played on nostalrlius and elysium. I don't think it'll cheapen the classic experience

AIDS

BE STRONG BROTHER

>Some people are rolling a pservers as 'practice'

why? would classic even be fun if you play it as a 'rush to 60 then make raiding your job' type deal?

5 hours? more like 5,000 hours

we're coming home lads

being efficient and rushing to 60 are not the same thing. should they stop and roleplay at level 30?

>Retail sends everything that isnt the last exp straight to the bin
Retail sends everything that isnt the last patch straight to the bin

>played on the launch of Kronos3 as undead priest
>had tons of fun on my journey to 60
>once I hit max and got pre-raid BiS it got boring
>raid logging once a week for MC/Ony with nothing else to do
>stopped playing

I think I will role rogue for classic just to have the option of tormenting lowbies once I get bored at 60

Attached: sausageandmilkybars.jpg (600x608, 72K)

Thanks 2.4, fuck Quel'Danas and fuck dailies.

maybe its just me but figuring out where to level and walking to different zones was part of the fun

Hello

I was only excited about Classic because it meant I could watch Asmongold enjoy it but he's dead now so that dream is gone.

quel'danas was amazing. no flying, ally and horde had to do the dailies together so it brought back some world pvp and the new dungeon was beautiful

it did kill the rest of outland though so i can see why youd hate it

he's not dead. he has converted and moved to bahrain

youtube.com/watch?v=BfJYzZ-PC9g
Soon

what was the tl;dr of that video
because i've never watched him

It killed all the previous content and was the blueprint for pach content only design of the current year, and the reputation was time gated as fuck so it really started that trend as well.

so what's the best class for relaxing world pvp? i was rogue as a kid, tempted to do it again, i just wanna be really annoying and pester lowbies and farmers, stun mages once they pull a bunch of mobs and let them die etc. priest has mind control tho

Warlock is king of relax, grab a beer, dog a nigga, fear him and drain him to death.

Who is ready to spend 4hours in starting zone because of half of server is killing same mobs as you?

AHEM

FUCK RETAIL
AND FUCK FFTRANNIES

Attached: AHEM.jpg (593x702, 79K)

not me :)

im pretty sure they sharded the starting zones

I love clownsuits.

Attached: ss+(2018-10-28+at+04.24.38).jpg (221x390, 27K)

Play hunter. Hide, then send your pet in at lowbies and watch them suffer.

They should never have upped dailies to 25.
The 10 limit meant that you could cover two factions at most, and even then you’d probably be skimping on one since most people would want the heroic daily. It helped kill heroics m outside the daily, too, since less people at the time needed gear, and doing heroics took time out of the daily grind.
of The 25 change also caused massive inflation due to people having an influx of extra disposable income overnight.

Never got the clownsuit shit, I thought my character looked really cool in Outland leveling gear, it was far better than there being only one set of armor until raid tier, and now those are gone as well

You are such an attention seeking faggot lol

who else is only gonna target players by their name? Frostbananas? you're ok. xcunnyslayerx? enjoy getting mercilessly camped until you log off. only friendly nice names are allowed

thats true. i remember when they changed it to 25 you could spend all day just doing dailies while at 10 you could get it down in an hour or so

i can't wait to play a dwarf holy pally and level with my warrior tank bro and help any and all other ally bros along the way.
i will always res anyone i pass by
buff anyone i pass by
heal anyone i pass by
Wash yer back

Characters clearly named after something get the gank, unless it’s something I personally like.
Drizzt and Legolas Elves, despite me liking LOTR, are especially getting grieved even though I’m playing Alliance.

I spent the last few months on a private server and I will spent the next few months on blizzards server when it releases. Why do you even care faggot? Play something else if you don't like it zoomer piece of shit

nelf rogues Dritzdurden oh boy

xlegolasx undead mage here, i will get this name

>tfw undead warlock named Burzum

goodboye, i would be a pala if i was gonna play ally

>just remembered claasic means no belfs
Now this is the Horde I remember...
*crack*
*siiiiip*

You’re ok by my book.

rollin the dice

i poly weak alliance to heal them and kill hunter pets for luls

>that sweet spot in the alliance end game when you're ahead of the underage and thots who haven't dinged yet, and don't have to deal with the neckbeards you'd be with on the horde

Attached: 1392843709861.jpg (1600x1001, 348K)

Quality > Quantity nigger

Retfags ANNIHILATED

Attached: 087D7D24-EED5-4B99-B623-584A1F719A16.jpg (262x70, 11K)

NOOOOOO...

Nothing better in life than drinking piss directly from a girl's vagina.

>tfw no, all women are whores and there won't ever be a comfy night elf druid mama ever again

Help me Yea Forums. Priest or Warlock? fuck mages.

I say priest just in case you ever get bored and wanna do something besides damage

Do you want to be raid dps? Lock. Do you want to fuck boipuccy RAW in bg's? Priest.

Warlock, eat mages for breakfast with your felhunter

anyone knows of a accurate leveling guide?
accurate like having the correct level requirements and xp rewards for quests.
tried leveling by a couple of guides on northdale and was very quickly underleveled because quests were not giving enough xp and some had higher requirements

Kill yourself

>not using the succubus to NTR fear/charm breaks early, and enjoy as they completely shut down when you fear them

>pay money for less content
Less is more
>No LFG and no LFR
Talking to people, making friends, the horror.
>No transmog
So, gear matters.
>No world quests/daily quests
Thank fuck.Tthose are like removing abilities from your bar and putting them in talent trees. I already had that progression treadmill made out of reps and gear. I don't need more frivolous shit slapped on that i have to log in daily for or i miss "the bonus". That's for gatcha shit.
>No phasing
Good. The game world is whole again.
>No achievements
Good. Never did any anyway.
>No arena.Have fun doing the same three battlegrounds. Over and over.
Good. No pillarhumping and free gear. No classes balanced around that bullshit. Class identity saved. Blizzard has said that they regretted introducing arenas anyway. Battlegrounds at least are part of the world. Arenas are literally just sandboxes.
>No flying mounts.Enjoy getting dazed every five minutes.
Just drop the food for 5 minutes and strafe you retarded pig.
>No blood elves, draenei, worgen, goblins, or pandaren. No allied races either.
You've got to be joking. Draenei were an asspull but at least they were hot. Belfs are ok but some hordes might disagree. Those were the only two races that made sense. Goblins were just background npc merchants. Rest are a joke.
>No Death Knights,Monks, or Demon Hunters. Shamans and Paladins are faction locked.
Faction identity is back. Oh no.
>No battle petsNo boostsNo garrisons
Horseshit.
>No titanforging. No multiple raid difficultys.No Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, and the literal dozens of other beautiful zones.
Good. Now when you get ashkandi you know you will slay hard. One difficulty is how it's supposed to be. Classic has plenty of beautiful zones that were part of the original RTS games, which are the reason WoW even exists. If you want live play live.

Attached: 53451.gif (600x338, 1.61M)

>leveling guide

Attached: 1546298303599.png (1165x729, 571K)

what class has the easiest or shortest rotation

Attached: 1549679041639.jpg (960x956, 77K)

Mage/Warlock
Unless you have an assigned duty, it's one button and not standing in the fire.

mage/paladin

mage, LITERALLY frostbolt and that's it. it's why i wont be rolling one.

No such thing as rotations, only priorities, mages until AQ/ZG only use frostbolt in raid

I want the 2 second kill dick rogues back

Thanks my dudes

every spec is boring in pve. you raid so you can get gear for pvp, and there mages are fun as hell

not all of them are as insanely boring as spamming a single button though. that's too boring. anyway I'm a pvecuck sadly:
>tfw vanilla raids aren't very good mechanically and 'rotations' are boring
>tfw modern wow is worse in every other way
maybe TBC is the perfect balance for me, idk, I didn't play much after vanilla.

Modern wow raids and their twitch mechanics are ten times worse than even molten core.

can you repdill me on these twitch mechanics? I last played in wrath when it seemed alright

If an undead is being a try hard with you, then roll undead yourself. You'd be surprised at how much the dynamic changes and you become best bros looking out for one another. Undeads always look out for one another, all other races get fucked

Rotations as a concept didn't really exist back in vanilla past rogues or feral druids. That being said the two easiest classes to play in terms of raid dps are Mage and Warlock.

>Warriors have to deal with being in melee and managing rage. Not difficult, but harder than a mage.
>Rogues have to balance energy ticks and combo points, but have less of an issue with threat
>Hunters are garbage AND have to play hyper efficiently around their auto-shot timers to do any kind of reasonable damage
>Shamans, Druids, Paladins, and Priests don't DPS unless you're the guild leaders girlfriend and then you drag everyone around you down
>Mages just spam Frostbolt and keep an eye on the threat meter. That's fucking it. Combined with the fact that they don't have anything they need to farm outside of the consumables that everyone else needs to farm is even better. Eventually you get into AQ40 and Naxx and can switch to Fire, which opens you up a little bit, but now you just swap Frostbolt with Fireball.
>Warlocks spam Shadowbolt unless you're the Warlock responsible for keeping a curse up, at which point you just stop Shadowbolting for one fucking second and slap that bad boy up there. You may throw in some Lifetaps and Lifedrains occasionally to mix it up

I'm assuming he's talking about shit like face away from the boss or get feared, or click on this orb to kill boss but you have 10 seconsa to do so or everyone dies.

Orb and void zones all over the place, grid shit ray of lights like its fucking dot hack, relies more on player reflex than your own character, almost all classes have a lower gcd move that they spam since white hits basically don't exist anymore so you are always mashing your keyboard and moving all over the place.

is anyone here going to play on an RP server? I first encountered roleplaying on a private WoW server years ago, and since then transitioned into traditional tabletop, but I always wanted to return to Azeroth one day. How do my chances look if I wanna:
a) go on an adventure
b) without cyberfucking anyone?

(you)

Grinding has always been faster in vanilla it's just way more boring for most people. If you can Korean grind then by all means go ahead but most people can't.

Nice, thanks my fella. Might go Warlock

dont listen to them. it depends. in the world questing? in a group? agaisnt casters? is the mob mechanical? what raid? do you have trinkets to use? are you an engineer? does the guild let you be a fire mage?
it depends

RP servers were good when GM existed and actively enforced RP rules,ultra pointless nowadays...

Just don't go to goldshire and you should be okay

Oh no, $15, that is so much money, whatever will I d-

oh wait I make $25 an hour at my job

lol

If they have RP servers I'll be on one. I want to play the role of a priest who helps people on their journeys by providing moral support from a safe distance.

Attached: undead ass.jpg (1280x1810, 336K)

It's true, ADHD zoomers can't handle classic leveling and killing the same mob for literally hours with nothing else to do.
also the grind of 40-60 is literally a job.

You guys remember when "I bet you don't even know your rotation" was used as an insult? Ah, good times. *sip*

>make a character on Moonguard back in 2005 just to see what roleplay was all about
>took it seriously, got a roleplaying mod and wrote a couple paragraphs of a backstory
>figure nobody will take a level one character seriously so I get to him to level 30 or so
>head back to stormwind to get some roleplaying action going
>decide to try to approach people in character
>most people ignore me
>only ones who don't are night elf, gnome, and human prostitutes offering cybersex for in game money
>leave moonguard forever
Probably could have joined a guild and had a good time, but it was more of an experiment to distract me from raiding. Really, I'm more of a tabletop guy myself. I feel like some of that imagination aspect is missing when you're playing an actual avatar, but maybe I'm wrong.

Fuck off wrathmer

Kill Gnomes on sight and just remember to spam sunder armor against raidbosses.High threat ability and all that

Attached: 1544552537344.jpg (652x786, 96K)

What does undead pussy feel like?

Always remember that unless you are in the top percentage of raiding guilds who are ultra hardcore, whatever class you run will honestly be fine as in a 40 man you can have half of the players be unoptimized garbage but as long as they don't stand in the fire then they are fine. You want be racing for world's first but you will be clearing content much more slowly and at a more relaxed pace.

Honestly I'll probably attempt to create a much more relaxed raiding guild if only for myself because as much as I enjoy raiding, im not a teenager anymore who can afford to no life WoW and raid all the time. I'm stuck in my wage cage, so I want to unite with other wagies and have chill raiding going on.

Normal pussy that's bone-dry

>he

>all dwarf RP guild on a PvP-RP server defending the dwarven elite bunker in Hillsbrad from Horde 24/7

slow-walking around goldshire and stormwind is boring af. need to combine pvp with RP

don't worry
I won't get g-nomed

Attached: 1554136748243.png (220x270, 121K)

The worst time is 48-53. It's just these lost levels where everything is either a bit too high or a bit too low and dungeons aren't really worth doing past some niche gear. Once you get to 54 or so you're strong enough to muscle through things with a group or solo if you're a masochist.

I'm so autistic that i'm planning on making a Guts build. Basically mostly arms spec with two handed sword specialization, and fury for rage generation and crits. I'm also planning on going engineering to emulate his bombs and gadgets, and using a crossbow for pulling mobs.

It's going to be fun.

Attached: guts.jpg (750x1091, 86K)

That's what you think until some little bastard stunlocks you in Feralas while you're fighting yetis to escort a robot chicken.

NEW THREAD

Fuck off retard

The only thing that sounds remotely out of the ordinary about that is engineering, and even then, only for leveling.

Fuck off retard

Well, yes, Guts is a grug brain but unless someone wants to RP as Judea or Rickert, and make me stuff, it's my only option.

warrior

Attached: ayyyy.gif (220x328, 654K)

fem Gnome mage plz

I mean if you like it then eat your heart out m8, but a 2-hander with arms and a bit of fury isn't really that far out of the ordinary.

Just a tip!

They always move in groups so make sure you have 1 more guy or gal around you to make it more in your favor

Attached: 1541783913336.gif (720x500, 3.46M)

anyone got the original wow post screencapped?

you absolute sped

Attached: Manly tears plays Chivalry.gif (640x360, 1.91M)

>tfw I was a WoW virgin a few months ago
>a friend convinced me to play vanilla WoW on Light's Hope with him
>almost level 60 now

So, this is what it feels like to be the 1%...

Attached: b12.jpg (640x640, 30K)

fuck it

>Log in
>No social aspects are left.
>None will say anything in any chat.
>Everyone is too bussy rushing to naxxramas or grinding for pvp-ranks to do anything else
>World is empty because everyone is either in dungeons or battlegrounds

rolling the dice of fate

Naxx won't even be available at launch

>rushing to Naxx or grinding for pvp ranks
who wants to tell him?

Attached: 1255725159357.jpg (400x400, 23K)

So wrong it hurts

Why did you just describe the retail enhance shaman for Tauren hunter in classic?

Attached: 1552812158454.png (786x876, 1.97M)

>PvP servers
legit what's the appeal? The thought of constantly getting ambushed while doing quests really doesn't sound all that appealing