Can I emulate PS2 games on this thing, or only older stuff?

Can I emulate PS2 games on this thing, or only older stuff?

Attached: pi.jpg (1280x960, 358K)

Which pi is it

ps2 no
older stuff yes

No Pi will emulate PS2.

The most "advanced" consoles it will emulate is the PSX and N64. Anything after that and it shits the bed.

get a lattepanda

>using a pi for emulation
Why would you buy a shit board to run whats a glorified VM to play R&C when you can already do that on your own pc.

short answer: no
long answer: make a torrent box man

Just put in the drawer already.

to make it portable

Lmao it can barely emulate n64, it's worse than a low end Android phone

Hell no.

PCSX2 doesn't require a really strong computer anymore, but the Pi's are just shit.

I have an i3 8100 and 1060 3GB and I haven't found anything I couldn't emulate on PCSX2/Dolphin.

I have a thinkpad x230 with intel hd4000 graphics and I can surprisingly run a lot of PCSX2 shit at 60fps like FFXII and X.

The only viable option is the odroid xu4. It runs both Dreamcast and psp games fine. Ps2 emulation at 420p runs fine too but dont expect upscaling or 1080p. I would give it 2-4 more years till we get proper hardware for ps2 and GameCube.

Attached: 2017Benchmarks.jpg (964x445, 160K)

is completely fucking full of shit. Don't believe ANYONE who says that you don't need a powerful machine to emulate games. If you want to have a pile of shit, you can use a Raspberry Pi. If you want to have a terrible setup, if you want to have an embarrassing setup that I will laugh at and ridicule you for having, then yeah sure, go ahead, build a, uh, toaster and tell me that you have a good arcade cabinet. But, if you want to actually have something respectable- if you want to earn my respect, you are going to have a real PC, a high-end, CPU, and if you're using a an LCD, you're not only going to have a high end LCD that has variable refresh, but you're also going to have a high-end GPU capable of pumping out 4K without dropping frames. Fuck you for even daring to say that you don't need a powerful computer to do this, fucking piece of shit.

if you're really into emulation just put together a micro atx box and stash it behind your tv

Also forgot to mention the Mali GPU they use is prone to shitty bugs from time to time due to being niche and thus having limited support from dolphin etc

Attached: 201506191222574523.png (980x374, 183K)

get a fucking computer phonefags

Even Dreamcast stuff?

Come on now, a good GPU and VRR is fine but >native resolution is a meme.

Midrange phones can emulate PS2/GCN just fine.

It cant even play HD videos

Autistic outbursts like this are what keep me coming back Yea Forums.

Attached: 8794537335.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

get a windows tablet
or a andorid tablet