Why does it seem like everyone either loves or hates this game? What's so polarizing about it?

Why does it seem like everyone either loves or hates this game? What's so polarizing about it?

Attached: 250px-Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (250x313, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abtoxy.github.io/resident-evil-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody hates it, user. People just want to be unique since everybody loves it, so they pretend to hate it. It's the OoT of its generation. Important, iconic, industry changing, but everybody wants to be special and say it isn't that good.

The first in the series to differentiate itself by not using tank controls. Has some really quirky humor, companion system that means you need to work with and protect the companion at pivotal points through the game.

I don't think the inclusion of the lovecraftian shit with the villages was very popular either. People just wanted another mainline game in the series that involved Zombies. This could either be seen as the best game in the series because it doesn't alienate the fanbase too much but it could also be seen as the starting of the financial decline of Capcom as a company up until 2013.

Attached: steroid_chris_redfield_by_tatstopsvideos-d6udasn.jpg (1024x576, 126K)

This and it led to resident evil 5 and 6.

Only zoomers hate it because they can't grasp the idea of not being able to walk while you're shooting enemies at the same time. Everyone else is just trying to do an Arin to start bullshit

>lovecraftian shit with the villages was very popular either

>People just wanted another mainline game in the series that involved Zombies

I dont recall anyone having a problem with the village, It was better than racoon city again. Capcom needed something new to keep the franchise fresh with the las plagas enemies rather than the same zombies from before.

Also the mainline story for these games are a convoluted mess.

>Not using tank controls
RE4 got rid of the fixed camera, but it's still tank controls
>People just wanted another mainline game in the series that involved Zombies
Not at all. That's why the series was about to get cancelled.

RE purists and people who hate fun hate it
People who like it enjoy the cheesy dialogue and appreciate a deviation for the formula that had gotten old and stale

>Everyone hates
Literally only shitposters on Yea Forums and uberzoomers who hype up 7 as anti-nostalgia bias hate.

Am I the only one who finds the movement and gameplay easier in 1-3 over 4? For some odd reason I find myself struggling a lot with 4's controls in a 3D environment, but I can breeze through the fixed angle tank controls in 1-3 on the hardest difficulties fairly easily. Maybe because 1-3 were designed around fixed angles and being slightly easier on the player than 4 is?

You are the only one

That's some real Autism, user. But the cool turboautism, superpower shit.

it's resident evil the anime

It is definitely better to control in 1-3. 4's camera is disorientating as fuck.

I hate it after played RE5

It's impossible for me to go back to RE4 now

It ruined my favorite video game franchise.

That's pretty much it.

This is how I was after the RE2 remake. Didn't help RE4's case that REmake 2 was what I always wanted RE4 to be, a centralized hub with puzzles and jointed progression but with free aim.

it is the start of the downfall of the series.

Same fag

This is kinda what I discussed in my review. Feel free to read it!

abtoxy.github.io/resident-evil-4/

That's the movies

>everybody loves it

Maybe it's just because I didn't play it until ten years after it was released, but although I enjoyed it, I definitely didn't love it.

People who love it: Because it was a fucking amazing game.

Hater #1: It's not a survival horror game!

Hater #2: Created, or if not at least popularized, the quick time event.

True Neutral: No way, fag.

It's not the game that is polarizing, it's people here.
It's the internet effect. If someone likes something and some one either dislikes it or is not impressed the people that love it push it to the point of pissing others off and turning that indifference into hate. That or the exact opposite. It just escalates.

The same just happened with DMC5. Those that were hyping it were such cunts about it it made people hate it. Give it time and you'll see more and more threads about it.

Something about the tank-like controls 4 has in a 3D environment with an over the shoulder camera feels super disorienting like the other user said, and a bit claustrophobic for me. 1-3 don't feel the same and I was able to pick them up really fast.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Tank controls + fixed angles feel smooth, fluid, it's easy to visualize where you are and where enemies are relative to your character in 3D space, it just makes much more sense. In 4 I just find myself floundering or fucking up at times when the gameplay gets intense and you have to react quickly and move around fast.
nope (inb4 reee phonefag)
Why would someone even samefag about something like that?

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-005422.png (1080x1920, 308K)

RE games are always at their peak when they focus on exploration and puzzle solving in one tightly knit location with plenty of backtracking and shortcut opening versus the more linear campaigns of the later games. I feel like that's synonymous with what RE is as a franchise and part of the reason the later games weren't so well received by certain parts of the fan base. The actual gameplay/mechanics don't matter as much for me (as far as more modern gameplay like in REmake 2 vs old school gameplay in RE1, RE2, etc.) but the centralized hub exploration aspect does

Excellent game that radically changed the RE formula. So you either hate it for it or love it for it being a legitimately great game.