What's the best wrestling game?

What's the best wrestling game?

Attached: aew.png (968x1502, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pcqWEhixNo0
youtu.be/189VlAUJos0?t=292
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easy, none of those.

Attached: 1525671843406.jpg (380x262, 19K)

bump

Im only posting this one cause its the one I played the most
youtu.be/pcqWEhixNo0

Attached: gc_wwe_wrestlemania_xix_19_p_z5exbw.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Aki Corp is still around and have the engine on file but you can blame vince for making the wrestling contract exclusive with 2k.
Rhodes should know this fact being hunter herst helmsleys personal knob polisher.

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is the best of the Aki games. Fire Pro is good as a series in general

Attached: 1538895857616.jpg (200x281, 14K)

which ever one had glacier as an unlockable

that was the best one

only correct response.

no mery and fire pro returns is generally agreed to be the best (except for here comes the pain autists). Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is basically no mercy but better with more combat options.

it really is the best

No Mercy. There's no question about it.
Nigger that's a muay thai kung fu game, not wrestling. Just 'cause it has piledrivers and powerbombs.

Warzone, because it's the one I played most.

wcw vs nwo
shit was kino when it was released

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Day of Reckoning 2 would be if not for the abysmal loading times.

said. VPW2 is no mery but better. also 90s AJPW wrestlers btfo all the WWF roster except Stone Cold, Undertaker, Guerrero and Jericho

>What's the best wrestling game?

Wrestlemania 2000 had the best "campaign" mode by far. It had a schedule of locations where the show moved week to week and had good scheduling and progression. If you lost too much you went down in the ranks and had to work your way back up to championship matches and then defend your titles.

Other games should have emulated Wrestlemania 2000s "Road to Wrestlemania" mode. It simulated full events in succession. You would have one or two matches in a night and there were NPC matches filling out the schedule that you could watch or skip. It made it feel more real.

I have very fond memories of this game. Create a character was crazy and the campaign was fucking bonkers. You literally start it by murdering construction workers and security guards.

Attached: 1540855093761.png (1024x680, 1.64M)

>I have very fond memories of this game. Create a character was crazy and the campaign was fucking bonkers. You literally start it by murdering construction workers and security guards.

I remember that. You get fired so you wage a terrorist campaign throwing construction workers off buildings, tossing people in front of moving cars in the parking garage and beating up security guards at the mall. It makes no sense, and it goes on forever like that. I never even got to a part with matches in a ring. The fighting mechanics were a big improvement but the campaign was terrible compared to Wrestlemania 2000 or No mercy.

From my recollection, there were VERY few matches that actually took place in the ring. You'd basically move from arena to arena. The only two I really remember are the construction zones and the mall.

Uhhhh are you aware of AEW?

Attached: aew2.png (984x628, 133K)

>Rhodes should know this fact being hunter herst helmsleys personal knob polisher.
You really aren't in the loop, huh?
youtu.be/189VlAUJos0?t=292

Attached: CAWdy.gif (325x169, 1.23M)

>The only two I really remember are the construction zones and the mall.

I remember two different parking garages with traffic a construction zone and then even a outdoor industrial site that seemed like a platform in the ocean. That's really shitty, like the devs knew nothing about wrestling. Compared it to Wrestlemania 2000:

>Arena interior cutscene
>3rd week of March
>Blahblah Arean, Sacramento
>First match - Matt Hardy vs Blue Meanie, exhibition match
>Watch or skip, (skip)
>Matt Hardy goes over, 12:38, pin

It basically simulated the events, match by match, week by week in a cool way.

Royal Rumble for Sega Dreamcast.

is there any value in picking up pic related or should i just stick to modding n64 games?

Attached: 168702.jpg (600x600, 131K)

The modern games have good character creators.
That's it. They suck otherwise.

>that Revenge cover

What happened to Raven? He was the shit in the late 90s

I have fond memories of no mercy but like not sure if it was an actual good game or its just my nostalgia goggles acting up.

Rampage for NES

N64: WCW/NWO Revenge
NES: Pro Wrestling

Is the Fire Pro Wrestling series good?

Takes some getting used to, but they're pretty good.

Attached: 51y5hew77VL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 35K)

Will AEW be a success? I just want to watch Kenny bros.

Depends on how hard WWE keeps fucking up. AEW didn't have nearly as good a chance at the beginning of the year as they do even now.

SVR 06 and Smackdown HCTP is all you need. Optional bonus is Smackdown SYM

This thread has been approved by The Man.

Used to play the shit out of one of those WCW/NWO games at my cousin's house way back when.

I can't be the only one who thought this was really fun.

Attached: WWE-All-Stars-Full-Fighter-Roster-Video-Revealed-2.jpg (600x629, 105K)

i miss it bros
ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT

Attached: 50.gif (225x200, 1.99M)

He stuck around in WWE until his contract ran out in the early 2000's. Not sure if he didn't sign or if he wasn't offered one. He proceeded to do the TNA/indies thing. He still works matches in the North American circuit.

Smackdown vs Raw original had a godlike storymode

FIREFLY
COULD YOU SHINE YOUR LIGHT

They're ok if a bit stiff and clunky at times. They're the most overrated games ever though.

Reminder that americans grew up on homo-erotica and thinking it's funny to draw dicks. Literally the jew's slaves.

Attached: NonCanonTinglesMatch.gif (424x240, 2M)

Reminder that this is cooler than Anime in Japan

Attached: 1427980.gif (365x205, 1.95M)

Legends of Wrestling 1 and 2. imo the best fighting system and biggest roster of wrestlers from history.

The NBA Jam of Wrasslin

>like wrestling as a kid
>hate/not care about it during teenage years
>like it again now
It's strange. I think I just accept it for what it is now and enjoy it like that.

same here

bump2

this

id be no mercy and revenge for me.

Pretty funny that N64 has more wrestling games than rpgs. PS1 fucks N64 in the ass. Hard.

WCW vs NWO was too much fun. they nailed it

SMACKDOWN