Which is the better ARPG game- Grim Dawn or PoE?

Which is the better ARPG game- Grim Dawn or PoE?
Are both noob friendly? Is Path of Exile pay2win?

Attached: gdvspoe.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Grim Dawn

PoE isn't pay2win, but it weirdly enough is just too big for it's own good anymore. It was based about 2 years ago, but now it has too much content and just feels bloated.

Grim Dawn has been the only game that made me fall asleep consistently, it's like my brain just shut down by how monotonous everything is, and how garbage loot is. There isn't an economy and currency system like in PoE, passives building is extremely limited in comparisson.

Honestly it's more like D2 vs PoE, and if you haven't played D2 just play it, if you're already bored of D2 then play PoE.

Poe Does require a moderate investment to enjoy it fully, but considering the amount of hours you'll get out of it I don't it's an issue, by any means you an survive without spending a dime, but as little as $20 will make your experience incredibly more bearable, which is probably less than you would spend on GD and it's expansions.

>There isn't an economy and currency system like in PoE

That's what makes it good. If I wanted to work on wallstreet I'd play EVE.

PoE isn't that bad if you are a new player because there's so much shit to do. It's annoying for veterans players because every new mechanic is some convoluted piece of shit that is either broken or simply not just fun. They really need to go back it making league mechanics more simple and fun, like Abyss league. Everything past beastiary is garbage except Delve, and even Delve has it's own problems.

PoE is by far the more content-rich product. Even if it has some severe balance issues at times, I always come back to it.
But I also cannot fault Grim Dawn because it is very well-put-together and is its own experience. There aren't many post-apocalyptic ARPGs on the market. But it is also not without balance issues by far. It's not coined Soldier Dawn for nothing.

You can just play SSF, it's totally viable and inmensely more rewarding, albeit much slower and frustrating if you're trying to do shit like chancing several uniques for some unique dependant build (which you shouldn't obviously)

Most of the new features can be ignored entirely, the only content that broke the game forever was Lab, the game will never be the same after that update.

>Most of the new features can be ignored entirely
This is actually wrong. Several developers have gone on record for stating that they balance loot drops around all available content.
I.E. Delving regularly, doing Temples immediately after 11 Incursions, doing Safehouses whenever they come up, Memory Nexus... and of course general Mapping.
What this means is that if you skip all that side content or even some of it, you're actually greatly reducing your ability to sustain Maps.

grim dawn is a great game. poe is okay, but needs a lot of work to get back to its glory days. has more players sure, but a grind should be enjoyable in some ways, not constantly tedious, which unfortunately PoE is right now.

also, if you enjoy melee builds, you might want to just play Grim Dawn. melee builds can do well, but literally everything they do, indirect spells do better(traps, totems). they tried to fix self cast, and still totems not only do more damage but allow you to play safer.

>do one activity that you enjoy
>ignore the others
>acquire currency and valuables you can sell
>buy maps
welp, that was hard

You're telling me people that do nothing but run Lab all day and get the most currency/hour should be doing all the other shit to earn less currency/hour? If you're going to the extreme to say maps/hour is the only thing that matters and fun doesn't matter, farming Lab is the most autistic way to be productive in this game and everybody who knows their shit knows this, it's just very tedious and boring but inmensely more rewarding than jumping from one type of content to the other like it's a fucking gacha with 10 different mini games.

I said nothing about markets or non-map items.

PoE is better, but mostly because Grim Dawn sucks so much ass. Why they focused on story and lore and left the gameplay and pacing lacking in an arpg is beyond me. Leveling is slow, killing mobs is unsatisfying and farming endgame gear is excruciating because of the rng. Even the new dlc won't save it because all the devs did was add a generic desert, a boring ass shield dude as a class and ripped off D3 rifts. The new mobility skills are clunky as fuck and the """teleport""" just makes your character quickly run to a spot since it doesn't work to actually teleport to other z levels or behind walls.

Endgame kind of sucks because of the RNG gear, but I think GD makes up for it through so much build variety and a relatively smooth experience for playing through the game. If you want to focus on making a single monster character and gearing them to hell PoE might be better, but the fun in GD is in trying all kinds of different builds and running them through the game to see how they do.

Both is great. Play both.

they both have trash animations and presentation.
gutter tier both of them so it doesnt matter.

Attached: ac97c639830b4583dacf77006f01b314.jpg (564x461, 32K)

They are both brain dead garbage for retards who think ARPGs have any depth or interessting gameplay.

The only thing that turns me off of starting PoE is it doesn't look to have a definitive end game.
I'd rather not play trade and wiki simulator over actually playing the game and beating content. Every resource that talks about the game seems to focus on the economy aspect of it which seems uninteresting to me.
Grim Dawn is a bit more self contained ala Diablo 2, which I can appreciate.

D3 is good for what it is and the only ARPG I can stomach nowadays.

/thread

Attached: 1549991903834.png (231x233, 109K)

In simple terms POE has more content but Grim Dawn is more fun to play.

POE also has horrible design choices like the labyrinths (whoever thought movement puzzles in a fixed perspective game with shitty, stiff movement should be shot) and most of the 'depth' in character building is farming +10 stat buffs so you can get to a skill node you're actually interested in. It also feels creaky and dated mechanically and doesn't really have 'spectacle' so it ends up feeling kind of dry.

Grim Dawn on the other hand suffers from a near total lack of endgame content so you're basically building a character to be able to beat the game...and again, if you can be bothered. It's extremely linear, especially since the levels are fixed in layout and unless you want to go through the rigamorale of finding the extra dungeons and secrets (of which there are only a small handful) there's really not much to it except blast through the story content. It's also pretty easy to make a build that can basically face tank 75% of the game without really breaking a sweat.

POE has the unfortunate reputation of being taken over by theorycrafting turbonerds but if you just want to smack shit around and play through the story then you can easily do that without reading wiki's and having a spreadsheet open. If you really care enough once you get high enough level to have a defined sort of a build you can start looking up the 'nice to have' items for that extra kick but it's not necessary.

I'm really liking Grim dawn, all the different builds you can try, between the dual classing and the devotion trees. But yeah, it's pretty linear, and not really pretty by today's standards.

Nevertheless, I'm having fun just trying new things. Just got my gunslinging purifier to 60

Attached: burnburntotheground.png (572x707, 688K)

Will the poe devs ever release a 2nd game?
PoE is so fucking bloated, i stopped playing after they added those rifts that expand and spawn a bunch of Monsters.

poe is super casual right now, getting max resist is absurdly easy, I have a ring with like 140% resistances and It was a random drop, also you only lose 5% exp after act V and 10% after act X, so you're rarelly stuck and screwing a character entirely is very rare.

yes there's some turbo nerd shit you can autismo, but clearing content does not require you to be some no life neet, as long as you play a ranged skills, even 4 links can get you incredibly far. Only issue is not losing interest before you get to a comfortable place where you enjoy farming and can keep growing at a consistent pace. It's only when your next upgrade goes from 20-60c to 5+ exalts that the game does feel punishing and not worth playing anymore.

Hello fren, I have a similar character right now too (although mine is a mage hunter).

I didn't mean to sound like I was shitting on Grim Dawn because I actually love the game, it's got a great setting and I genuinely think it's a lot more fun to play than POE. I was just trying to provide a fair assessment of the games shortcomings.

Attached: gd.jpg (399x555, 86K)

Is PoE worth getting into? I can only play Diablo 2 so many times and I kind of want to scratch that same itch.

>Worth
If you're bored, yeah. The game is not for everyone.

Considering it's entirely free unless you want to be a la la homo man with angel wing cosmetics you have absolutely zero to lose by at least trying it.

>You can just play SSF
With the ammount of small currency you need to pickup in SSF its the most cancer experience you will ever get especially once you realize the most efficient way to play this game is to ignore 99% of stuff that drops. Also the drops in this shit game is completely balanced around the fact you can buy stuff from other players even the basic stuff like maps

>mu self sustain
>online game where I want to ignore every other player
nah fuck you autismo neet lord, go back to D2 and medianXL

>>buy maps
kill yourself buying stuff is the most cancerous shit in this fucking shit game
i hope you fucking die

@457107935
imagine being this retarded

Ikr.

Why would you even compare them? They play completely different. Compare GD to Titan Quest and poe to D2 if you want an actual comparison.