I only just seen claims that Dojima was originally the killer in Persona 4 and it was changed very late in development...

I only just seen claims that Dojima was originally the killer in Persona 4 and it was changed very late in development because it was felt to be too dark to live with a serial killer. It actually fits so well that I don't think I'm going to be able to play Persona 4 again without feeling eery whenever he's in a scene. If it was changed late in development it could mean we'd see traces of his old character in unchanged scenes which would explain why he changes moods so drastically. It is confirmed that Adachi was originally a red herring and if he was then I think it also would make sense that Dojima would be the killer because otherwise why would a character like adachi even exist? Why wouldn't Dojima have been the red herring? Pic related is an unused and unreleased image of Dojima that is still on the discs in every regions release. I think this theory has killed the comfy of this game for me Yea Forums

Attached: dojima.png (147x206, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVLH5V6YvOI&
youtube.com/watch?v=H-Xdf0cLRZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=1b_y7TIBrAY
youtube.com/watch?v=_uIMTfUo7o4
youtube.com/watch?v=ziHUCFwKTV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His motivations would also line up with his wifes tragic death and his disconnect with his daughter. Also his reputation among the community and force is that he's the hardest detective around, also people you talk to mention being scared of him.

unused concepts are often the creepiest. thats what makes it so intriguing

They should have made it so Mitsuo was the actual killer and they spend the second half of the game looking for nobody not realizing they actually did get it right the first time and the game ends super anticlimactically when nanako dies in the haspital for absolutely no reason because namatame wasn't a factor

Attached: 1947dobverse5c.jpg (700x700, 218K)

That's basically the exact opposite of the P5 twist

Would also explain why Adachi stays in character as a normal guy for 95% of the game only ever dropping character in the final battle. We literally know he was originally a red herring this is his old concept art, when they decided he was going to be the actual killer they changed it because its too suspicious. Dojimas character was the only character whos design was drasitcally changed (other than kanji but thats just because they decided he looked far too old to be a party member)

Shit forgot image, notice he has the creepy eyes like mitsuo, the finished games red herring

Attached: adachi.png (168x255, 43K)

What are some other Persona story change theories? This is interesting so I don't want the thread to die.

Just bullshit ones like Akechi being your actual brother etc

Yosuke having a dating route but it being axed last second will never not make me mad.
>spends the entire game being absolutely awful to Kanji
>in the original it would have been because he was a repressed gay struggling with his own internalized homophobia and crush on the MC and resolving this by taking it out on Kanji
>by release he's just an asshole to Kanji and that's it
Yosuke went from my favorite before I played to my least favorite, Kanji was sympathetic enough so seeing him get actively made fun of even after it was obvious he was really insecure about AND the fact that Yosuke was there to see Kanji's Shadow really pissed me off.

I'm not on board with that gay shit and I don't think the games director is comfortable with gay stuff at all I will agree that Kanji was a bro and by far the best character in that game.

Attached: kanj.png (480x340, 116K)

Theory: Persona 3 MC is dead from the start.

At the beginning of the game, Makoto/Minato comes to the dorm he was assigned to. After he steps into the dorm, Yukari Takeba comes in and points her "evoker" at him. Makoto/Minato stumbles back. He sees Mitsuru try to stop Yukari. Makoto/Minato closes his eyes and dies. The entire remaining game time, from the beginning to the end of "The Answer," is a dream

A dream?

Uh huh. A dream, a fantasy, a vision, or whatever you want to call it. The “dream” is basically an extension of the “your life flashes before your eyes” concept. The entire dream takes only a matter of seconds, but for Makoto is passes in real time. For Makoto, it’s about the endless possibilities he could have seen realized. Makoto explores the questions that were raised from when he was born to when he saw that a teenage girl had a gun, but he was not able to answer in his lifetime. These questions include, but are not limited to:

Part 1

Rise could have been a retired idol coming to terms with her waning fame based on her concept art.

Attached: 1695984-p4_rise_kujikawa2.jpg (1000x770, 134K)

Why did a teenage girl have a gun? Who allowed that? Why is her hair pink? Why the red head girl so calm about a teenage girl having a gun? Do they know that some creepy little kid is in their dorm at that very moment? Who is that boy, and why did he make Makoto sign a contract? And, most importantly, who is Makoto? What was the "explosion" that cause his parents to die? Why is his hair blue? Where does he come from, and what would he have done with his life had he not died?

Today’s understanding of the events of Persona 3 comprise of a mixed bag. Most people focus on who
Nyx is, what her motives are, and what happens after her defeat. This has led to the misinterpretation of the evidence and symbolism pointing towards Makoto's death. Some evidence that formerly appeared to be vague and inconclusive now represent clear allusions and references to the subtlety of Persona 3's “obscured” meaning.

In fact, the popular opinion of Persona 3 falls exactly in line with the nature of the elements of the plot that are consistent within the dream theory, and those that are not. For instance, one of the biggest criticisms of the game is that the “Ikutsuki plot twist” appears to be completely random and come out of nowhere. It appears to be too poorly written, how could a guy that spent most of the game making bad puns and barely doing anything manage to be one of the villains? The brilliance of the dream theory is that it addresses concerns like these and offers a logical explanation.

Part 2 (forgive the reddit spacing i'm copy pasting this i didnt write it)

Most axed shit are for good reasons, heard some about nanako being something or other more important overall but never got much into it, also something about her mom saving her? or am I thinking of some headcanon crap

In the latter half of the game, conversations take place concerning Akihiko's fate and if he will be executed for "snooping" on Mitsuru and the girls. During these sections of dialogue, Makoto muses to himself on the existential qualities of death. “Will they talk about me this way if I get executed too? Makoto was this and that. Using the past tense, saying whatever they want? So this is what getting executed is all about…” In this manner Makoto considers his own death and what little difference it will make for the world. This serves as foreboding, an ominous suggestion to the viewer that ill times are ahead.

Also note this excerpt from the first conversation concerning Makoto's possible execution:

"..."

If we read between the lines, Makoto states the obvious: s*** happens. People die, and there’s nothing you can do about it. That’s just the way the world is. “Everything doesn’t work out the way you want it to.” Not only is this foreshadowing, but it’s also contrary to what some consider a central theme to Persona 3's story: fate. (We’ll come back to this point later.)

The attempted assassination of Makoto by Yukari at the dorm at the start is where everything starts (and ends). Makoto signs a contract with Pharos. After the contract is signed, he meets Yukari and she points his evoker at him.

Apparently Makoto' s healthy and good-to-go. It is never again referenced directly in the entire game, nor is it ever explained what happened to his wound or how he survived. And remember, a gun that could've killed anyone was pointed at Makoto and he was fine. This is no mere scratch that is so carelessly tossed aside. Most players seem to assume that Yukari never actually shot Makoto because it was simply an evoker, but why would she? Yukari doesn't know Makoto at all. He could be a perv, a kidnapper, or a shadow, AND he was functioning during the Dark Hour. Why wouldn't she simply use her Persona to kill him if that was the case?

Whether or not you think Kanji is gay doesn't really matter, the point was just how Yosuke antagonized Kanji about something he was clearly uncomfortable about. Kanji is fucking awesome and deserved better.

I thought it was pretty clear that he was bi since he showed interest in girls, actual Kanji never showed interest to any guys in the game only his shadow did, he showed affection to Naoto but subconciously knew she was a girl I think. Also he's the only character who never accepts his shadow as his character flaws he instead knocks it out.

I think he's bi too, but for some reason people on Yea Forums throw a shitfit if you say that.

I personally really don't even think he's bi, I think he is just really masculine and was bullied by women for being manly and that pushed him into a complex of being the a tough guy almost to show them. I think his almost incel like complex and his idea of being a man makes him strongly reject having the slightest of feminine or 'gay' thoughts because thats what he got shit for by women, it's all metaphorical stuff but in the end he comes to terms with liking his less masculine qualities and knocks his perverse shadow out (a manifestation of the opposite of what he wants to be not what he is like with most characters) Could not agree with you that he's bi or gay

A lot creepier when when he goes "Are you truly satisfied with your actions?" in the bad ending.

I meant to say he wasnt really masculine and was bullied and ostricised for liking things perceived to be feminine so he started acting tough

I can think of so many instances with him now that send a shiver up my spine, his relationship with Nanako is just too dark now

>we could've gotten left.

FUCK, why atlus. at least make her a different playable character. She's too pure to stay concept art.

Literally in the finished game when it asks you who you think the killer is if you pick Dojima it actually says everything does match up he's in the perfect position to kill people and get away with it, but he's your uncle so that cant be it

Holy fucking shit I am completely convinced by this now

Attached: wat.png (247x256, 17K)

>tfw got away with it
Nyarlathotep strikes again!

Attached: andtheniranmywifeoverwithmycar.png (289x367, 127K)

I've read a theory that originally Nanako was Inzanami and that Dojima never had a wife or daughter. That the reason Nanako sits infront of the TV constantly is to influence things in the TV world and that the reason Dojima was never around was because Nanako influenced him to go out and throw people into the TV not because he was actually working. She picked the form to get close to you.

Baseless rumors with literally no source or evidence

did you even read the thread you mong

That’s better than the actual P4.

Regardless it's a good theory that fits well .We do know through interviews that the killer was changed several times through development so its extremely interesting to speculate especially when we can see certain characters and elements were changed or redesigned blatantly for unknown reasons.

Also this one is pretty interesting

Apparently in Japan the theory that Yukiko was the original killer is very prevalent for reasons im not sure of

No because I am responding to the OP you cuntstain

I heard something about this too, it would be interesting to see how they would've did it

I can actually see why, at the start of the game she is absent rather often and makes many excuses about having to be certain places at certain dates, very possibly could be that this was the case and they just didnt change those scenes as on their own they aren't jarring

Should I play the PSP version of P3 or the PS2 one? Seems like a good game to take on the road with me, but I've heard the PS2 version has extra content.

PS2 version, PSP version is basically a visual novel, no 3d models or maps, no cutscenes etc. its all text and pictures outside battle.

PS2 for sure, if you're worried about not having controllable party members you can very easily install a cheat for it that takes two seconds. Have fun.

>Big Bro.... Don't you wanna WATCH TV WITH ME?!
>Head Spins 360 degrees

Attached: bro.png (121x497, 62K)

I still think this is horse shit fanfiction even with the "unused voice lines." Yosuke is just being the mouthpiece for Japanese teenage/young adult boys who think gay shit is gross, for laughs. He's afraid the purported homo will fuck his bum raw on the camping trip. It's just comic relief that only poofters seeing shadows would get frustrated with.

At one point almost everyone was going to be the killer. My favorite was Yosuke if only because I hate Yosuke more than any other video game character and the opportunity to kick his ass would have been very appreciated. Really Adachi and Yosuke are somewhat similar characters at that what with hating their small town life and obsessing over bitches and whores who don't want them back.

Is that still Rise on the right? Looks like AI

Surprise me

Jesus fucking Christ I don't feel safe with Dojima anymore.

Attached: BhqWC.jpg (500x281, 112K)

Here's a thinker, who or what caused Yu to have his hand pulled into the tv world the first time? It doesn't work like that any other time. It's like someone was waiting for him to touch it after he was told to try looking at the midnight channel that night.

>even with the concrete proof that the devs wrote out a confession for him, Yosuke being gay for the protag is "fanfiction"
I mean, whatever you say.

Its funny seeing all the balding nu male npcs get mad at yosuke. Why? Because he makes fag jokes. Go back to retardera you fucking pansies before i clap your ears and bury you

This one is what I originally entered the thread to say. It's what I often heard was the original plan

Any examples of him being shady? I don't recall any.

>You are living with the killer

That would've been amazing

Ps2, specifically FES not the vanilla

>very reclusive
>constant angry outbursts
>generally uneasy to be around for everyone (even his daughter)
>always has an excuse to not be around most of the time
>Only ever talks about his job
>Acts suspicious of you and defensive from the very first day in game when you find the crime scene on the way home from school
>warns you repeatedly not to get involved in his work or the murder investigations
>Drinks a lot
>Obsessed with the murder of his wife
>Treats Adachi like shit remorselessly and relentlessly
>He's the one who takes you to the gas station and encourages you to speak to Inzanami
>His own daughter is scared of him

Attached: muhjunes.png (515x569, 294K)

>tries to interrogate you whenever you are alone for no logical reason (As far as he should know you are a normal 16 year old)

I remember someone telling me it went like this
>Yukiko was originally the killer
>then it was changed to Dojima
>then Dojima AND Adachi
>then just Adachi
I think they should have went with Dojima and Adachi, would have been more interesting.

Attached: 1425802244406.gif (335x284, 1.86M)

That image is fucking terrifying

see

Attached: whatthehellman.png (256x256, 22K)

Am I the only one who prefers the writing in P4 vanilla and think the events and writing extra events in Golden actually ruin P4?

PS2 first then PSP one for the female route

Maybe Dojima influencing Adachi unknowingly, that would be cool

Yeah it's actually creepy how differently he talks to you whenever he gets alone with you, Nanako repeatedly has to come in and break it up because she is terrified that you are 'fighting'

That would have been an epic twist. Heck, anything would have been better than what we actually got. It makes a lot of sense that the ending was shit, with all the last minute changes to the fucking antagonist and all that.

Definitely not, I fucking hate golden. It's so forced and cheesy and completely misses the tone of the original game.

But then Adachi would be the cowardly accomplice who gets killed right before switching sides.

I can barely stand either of them, but I'm with you there.

>We could've had an epic persona fight between Yuu and Dojima

>Nanako isn't there to stop it

Fuck anons....

Golden was fan fiction written by the B team while the real team worked on P5. It was only developed because P5 was taking too long and being pushed back, they pandered to the P4 audience who liked the cheery bits more than the serious elements. Unfortunately it sold extremely well and now they say Golden is the canon game.

Man, now that I think about it Adachi really isn't that amazing of a killer reveal, I think the only thing that saves him is his interesting personality behind the facade.

I never played Golden, what are the shitty changes besides Marie?

Go to bed Yosuke.

No way, I hated golden. They completely butchered the tone. It went from mellow to overly cheery weebshit

Yeah for 50% of players Adachi was apparently in your face obvious from the start and the other 50% were underwhelmed because they paid him little attention as side character

This doesn't bode well for Royal desu

Royal has A team though because P5 sold ridiculously well

>Dojima isn't even the "bad guy," but directly causes the existence of the killer due to his abhorrent, callus behavior.
>Have to come to terms with him being the actual problem, but not technically doing anything illegal.

I find the fact they added the ski trip, beach trip and the mall you can always go to really takes away from the comfy countryside aesthetic and they threw those in for fan service. Also the newer events they added plus the events during the extra month just is too cherry and peppy while OG P4 is perky but has true heart in it and not cringy. Heck, Golden has several literal memes, whether that was due to the localization team or Atlus themselves I don't know.

>Choose dojima as killer

...If Dojima is the killer, he must have been careful to hide his ability to enter the TV world.
Based on that assumption, it seems possible that it could be him.
After all, as your uncle and owner of the house where you stayed, he could easily have observed your actions.
Obviously, he had easy access to his own house, and he'd be more familiar than anyone else in the area.
However... your uncle wants to solve this case even at the cost of his life.
His only daughter Nanako was kidnapped by Namatame...
When you consider all the facts, there's very little to support Dojima as the killer...
For the sake of the suffering detective and his daughter Nanako, you must find the real suspect.

That would’ve been fucking creepy and way better than just shoehorning izanami in as the gas station attendant. It would feel way more impactful knowing izanami infiltrated your family and is basically brainwashing your uncle to do horrible things. Maybe a little dark for P4, but damn that would’ve been good

I believe it. Heel turn betrayals are a Persona staple.

Seconding this. Been considering playing 4, and I was contemplating just grabbing the PS2 version.

I was literally not sold on Adachi until he went bat shit during his fight

PS2 version is free, so there's that.

Say what now?

Do it, I personally can't speak for Golden but I played the original PS2 version for the first time last year and it's very solid.

Emulation, user.

And P4 didn't at time? We don't even know if Hashino is coming back.

If nanako wasn't kidnapped then it would make it even more likely that it's him doing it for x reason

Attached: 1554240739797.jpg (565x720, 166K)

He means emulating

>Yuu
kys weeb retard

fuck off faggot

Didn't they put Fsteak in Marie's S-link where she meets Chie?

Unironically just play the PS2 version and watch the added events on Youtube.

Yes....

it's very clear you've never had any real friends because you're a stupid fucking faggot. that's how guys get on.

Oh...I would, but all I got is this toaster. Can't hardly run anything past 32-bit games. I really gotta upgrade it sometime soon tbqh.

Play PS2 version and only watch the festival date and the fireworks events for the ultimate P4 experience

Honestly surprised people agreed with me about vanilla being better than Golden. On /smtg/ and /pg/ they tend to disagree.

Idiots don't appreciate tones and themes or keeping their integrity. The full game is poor fan fiction to the point it makes me cringe.

Your party gets super powerful bonus attacks that trigger randomly and have long unskippable animations. The only way to avoid it is to not use the 3 pairs that have them in the same party. Rise also buffs the shit out of you quite often once you max her social rank, which makes the game feel patronizing. I think everyone got new bonus moves to do if all but one enemy gets downed, but maybe that was base game. Basically it's far easier than it ever needed to be.

As for what changes I like, there's now a winter version of the town for the extra month they added, which also gives you more time to finish social links.

How is vanilla better than golden, what the fuck

Dont forget that Golden Hands are now everywhere they are easier to kill and they give out enough xp to give you 2 level ups. Sometimes up to 3 or 4 of them on the same floor meaning you can end up overleveld by going through a dungeon the first time.

Attached: friends.png (635x475, 350K)

the things i would do to nanako....

I can relate to this image very much

This but persona 3

Im this guy and I was thinking of P3 too

Best song reporting in. youtube.com/watch?v=CVLH5V6YvOI&

>Kill all the criminals in small town
>Get more time to spend with your daughter

Extremely fitting for this thread, good job user.

Attached: jun.png (499x349, 222K)

But what about the DAN version?

>not Alone or Reverie
You fucked up

The what? Please enlighten me.

Also brace yourself for pure kino gentlemen.
youtube.com/watch?v=H-Xdf0cLRZ8

>Someone else likes Alone
Good taste, user.

Honorable mention goes to the best thing to come out of Golden.
youtube.com/watch?v=1b_y7TIBrAY

I love that song and hate golden. I like how we got it and Reach Out in P5 through DLC

It makes more sense that he was gonna have Namatame's role.

The Dancing All Night Version.
youtube.com/watch?v=_uIMTfUo7o4

I think what you posted might be better though. They go for different feels.

>Not making a team filled with your bros kicking shadow asses
>Not No Way Fagging all those used up whores and getting trap in a cabin with the boys
Yosuke was based, all the dudes were.

Nice, I really like this version.

okay but WHY is he killing people though? adachi i get because he was edgy and pissed off about being sent out to the boonies so that's why he was throwing townspeople in but why would dojima do all that? i don't really buy it being just because of family issues

I like the whole “nanako is actually izanami, he never had a daughter, and she’s been influencing him to commit these crimes the entire time” alternate theory

Explains why Yosuke is one of the more popular characters to get fucked in the ass in doujins.
Next to Adachi.

Attached: adyo.jpg (236x213, 13K)

Possibly this.

Well why don't you show that proof, you fucking faggot?

Which Persona game have edgiest story?

Hot opinion coming through.
4 and 5's human antagonists are so superior to the gods that you fight later, that both games would've been improved by just chucking the gods out and adjusting the confrontations with the antagonists to make them even more conclusive to the themes and story of the games.

Attached: myriad wats.gif (500x340, 768K)

That artwork was brought up in a bonus art gallery mode in Golden, they claimed his old design made him look too suspicious, not that he was gonna be the killer, just that he looked too suspicious.

They said the same about Adachi's old design.

P4 as a whole is a really shitty murder mystery. The only reason you'd suspect Adachi is for meta reasons, because the lists of suspects is conveniently only made up of characters with portraits and he's the one you end up with by process of elimination. There no reason it couldn't have been random cop A or NPC B. The writers really should have read Knox and Van Dine.

They kind of drew attention to the fact that Nanako constantly is literally sitting on the floor right in front of the tv 90% of the game. You have to ask her permission to change channel every time to check weather, TVs are a massive element in P4 story yet there's never an actual plot reason for Nanako being so obsessed with the TV, also there was the whole thing where it was implied that Dojima was never around so she watches tv but that sounds like a machination of hers to explain Dojimas absense and her constantly monitoring the tv at the same time.

>both games would've been improved by just chucking the gods
Correct. The gods are silly and have no personal stakes with the protagonists. Adachi was the main villain of P4, and Shido was for P5. The gods are the equivalent of assuplled secret bosses in generic JRPGs.

3 by far.
Some will say P2IS because of it's ending, but P3 had the most darkness all around.

Dojima trying to stay low profile would make sense, since P4 is heavily influenced by Diamond is Unbreakable and Kira stays hidden with a some family and all

I completely agree, the god bullshit ruins the themes and overall impact of the narrative for me in both games

The darkest by far is Persona 3, it's not that edgy though beyond the head shooting evokers to summon personas. The main theme of the game is death, its the opposite of edgy though just really gloomy and atmospheric

It's because it's a Shin Megami Tensei spin off series, Gods always have to be up to fuckery.

Well yeah, that's the easy answer, but they're willing to change a lot of core Megaten values for the sake of making their own thing, so why does this have to be the one uncompromising pillar?

Attached: unclean.png (500x628, 347K)

Not game but Trinity Soul is surprisely edgy

I'M SO FUCKING LONELY

That doesn't exist. Shut up.

Youre thinking of this design, and it would make sense that if he was the killer theyd change him to his current look for the reasons you gave what i posted is a final design dojima but with an extremely evil look on his face much like adachi and goros evil faces after they are revealed to be villains

Attached: this.png (208x247, 17K)

Should I watch it for laffs, or is it bad in an unentertaining way?

You guys talk about gays being sensitive and triggered or whatever and then the moment someone suggests a character might be gay you get so mad lmao

This would have been way better than the gaudy anime bullshit we actually did get

Adachi as the killer violates one of the usual rules of murder mysteries - the criminal must have discernible motives which readers can catch, no random murders by a madman. Adachi committed his crimes on the spur of the moment and for the lulz, with any sort of motive only visible from his post-reveal rants.

P4 actually sounds interesting now instead of being an extremely novel, yet effective impact Adachi as the villain had.

This would have been fucking crazy. A lot more interesting than the gas attendant.

It was confirmed by devs that they had a completed build of the game with a completely different killer. Things were changed and Adachi was made killer literally a few months before relase.

The Yukiko, Nanako and Dojima theories sound a lot more interesting than Adachi, wonder why they changed

Dude, fix your grammar. I have no idea what that sentence means.

Wonder if they changed something in late development like that in P5. Shido's arc conclusion felt kinda rushed

I always forget that shit is a thing. it's so retarded.

one character literally has parts of his dead sisters brain inside of him. and everyone keeps going on about a fucking gigantic whale in the ocean or some shit and then you never actually see it.

The anime is okay as long you don't expect anything
from modern Persona formula

I had no idea this existed going to download right now

Maybe they were actually predicting gacha whales.

There is a decent fan-dub project on Youtube that's attempting to tell a "Yukiko is the Killer" what-if scenario. Might be worth keeping a eye on.

youtube.com/watch?v=ziHUCFwKTV0

Attached: concept.jpg (960x700, 116K)

Most of those things are reasonable for his character setting.

>very reclusive
He's a middle-aged Japanese man. They're not supposed to talk about their feelings or personal issues. The Japanese way is to deal with your own issues on your own and never burden anyone else with them.
>constant angry outbursts
I wouldn't call them outbursts, but he's clearly an awkward person.
>generally uneasy to be around for everyone (even his daughter)
Because he's distant and doesn't know how to talk about his feelings. And the only other character who was uneasy around him was Adachi, who had good reason.
>always has an excuse to not be around most of the time
He's a police detective investigating a murder.
>Only ever talks about his job
See first point.
>Acts suspicious of you and defensive from the very first day in game when you find the crime scene on the way home from school
What part of his reaction was "defensive"? He was upset about the fact that you're near a murder scene, which he naturally wouldn't want. He was more angry that the principal didn't follow the police's instructions to tell the students not to go that way.
>warns you repeatedly not to get involved in his work or the murder investigations
Because you keep fucking getting involved.
>Drinks a lot
He's a Japanese middle-aged man.
>Obsessed with the murder of his wife
Of course he is.
>Treats Adachi like shit remorselessly and relentlessly
He's strict, but he also treats him to meals. Pretty stereotypical Japanese boss.
>He's the one who takes you to the gas station and encourages you to speak to Inzanami
He never encourages anything. He went to the station because he needed gas for his car.
>His own daughter is scared of him
Because he's distant.

Thanks user I will check this out

Attached: jp.jpg (1280x720, 482K)

>Yukiko
Not believable and dull. Why would a teenage girl who is mad about her parents forcing her to be an innkeeper be a murderer? It doesn't actually make much sense.
>Nanako
Even less believable and requires supernatural shit. Maybe it could have replaced Izanami, but as a solution to the murder mystery it's nonsense.
>Dojima
Too obvious. Dojima is the most powerful character in the town, so it'd be trivial for him to commit murder. That's in addition to being quite dark, as you'd spend a good chuck of the game bonding with criminal.

As the story was in the end nobody was well set up to be the culprit. I mean the only person who we're given a possible motive Saki's murder is freaking Yosuke.

Persona 4 is happy anime garbage

>Dojima is too obvious
That's why Adachi would be a red herring

He pretty much does, he takes you there then he drags you into the conversation then immediately leaves you with her to smoke a cig

Attached: doj.png (1305x985, 1.54M)

There's nothing suspicious about that. She's the one who instigated the conversation in the first place.

Yeah because he brought you directly to her the moment you arrived

Be warned that anime is progressing very slowly. You might want to dropped it before story get to intestsing part

If you don't like P1 and P2 story, i doubt you would like Trinity Soul

I think Yaldabaoth works because you do interact with him all game and he actually is tied into the theme of the game, unlike Izanami. Any god at all could have played her role.

what was up with that minecraft world though?

Attached: gsdx_20180724213825.jpg (2560x1792, 559K)

Has it got anything to do with the P3 story? is it anything like P3 story? Does it have any P3 character cameos at all?

Chie's not really keeping Yukiko around because she likes controlling her, Yukiko's not really a bird in a cage, Naoto doesn't really want to be trans, etc.

So why would Kanji really be gay? Not to mention it's a pretty shitty message to say "If you're a guy and like cooking or sewing, it means you're a homosexual."

A few cameos like Akihiko where if I remember right because he is an adult he can't use his persona anymore, but besides that very loosely in the same universe as P3

>he is an adult he can't use his persona anymore

The canon fighting games shat all over that.

Very little makes sense in Trinity Soul

When was it ever supposed to be a thing that they are too old? P1 and 2 had adult persona users.

literally just in trinity soul

Mitsuo is literally Yea Forums

>people who said that this is better than plot that we got
Yeah, no
People always talk how things dropped during the development were better than these that we got
It doesnt clicks with any themes in the game and make Dojima just a slave to the god. Adachi worked great as a villain and your counterpart, because you both got the same power but used it in different way. Adachi was alone, lonely, blaming everyone for his problems, he caused murders and chaos just for fun, when you tried to save people and put stop to him, with the help of people that you made along the way. No one forced you do your decision how to use this new power

I prefer Dojima acting alone and Adachi being a red herring, I think that fits themes well

Psp is better

is it also canon that he's an exhibitionist?

Attached: P4U_Akihiko_Portrait.png (1439x1895, 903K)

Namatame was red herring

>Adachi worked great as a villain and your counterpart, because you both got the same power but used it in different way. Adachi was alone, lonely, blaming everyone for his problems, he caused murders and chaos just for fun, when you tried to save people and put stop to him, with the help of people that you made along the way.

Same dynamic exists in p5 now that you mention it.

>Joker is a rebel and goes against society because he actually cares about it and wants to reform it. Has outcast friends that help him.
>Akechi is also a rebel and goes against society but because he hates it. Wants to completely destroy it instead of reforming it. Is completely isolated.

Waiting on that proof you piece of shit.

>Nyarlathotep
Why the fuck is he so popular among Persona fans? He was a generic villain

He LARPs as Hitler and actually wins in P2IS.

>Adachi confesses he did it and will turn himself in and tell everything after the boss fight in the TV world
>right as he's about to say "oh and it wasnt just me" he gets fucking gunned down
>dojima walks out of the shadows disappointed you wouldnt give up the chase for the killer and levels his gun with your head
>1v1 duel between Yu and Dojima

Attached: 1538211694785.png (764x715, 321K)

What would Dojima have as a Persona? Adachi already had a form of Izanagi.

>he so popular among Persona fans?
where? most persona fans never played p2.

Shadow the hedgehog

>2dark4u boohoo

this is why SMT will always be superior

He says this while shilling a series about killing god and using demons

Speaking of scrapped content, I really wish Hifumi was a member of the phantom thieves in Persona 5. I know the devs said she was too similar to Makoto, but would it really have been that bad since she still stands out in the cast despite Makoto existing?

Side tangent, I wish more side characters interacted in these games. Aside from the main protagonists, we only get one or two lines here and there. Makes the world feel smaller overall.

That would be cliche as fuck.

I don't think that's very hot. The god's in 4 and 5 were very shoehorned in, 4 especially with Izanami only being properly introduced literally 30 minutes before you fight her after a 80 hour game. At least in 3 Nyx was always with you the entire game just disguised as Pharos and Ryoji but that gas station attendant shit was one of the most contrived twists I've ever seen.

yeah that was what I expected. Its kinda silly she wanted to go back to that shark pool.

lol

I played P4 the summer of graduation from highschool. After I finished it I sat alone all night outside thinking about things.

Attached: 1367003220162.jpg (650x555, 126K)

He wasn't mad at all though. It's just people projecting onto fictional characters which is dumb and pathetic

I disagree. The minor antagonists (the serial killer in 4, Shido in 5) are great for what they are, a personal rival. But the Gods serve an important thematical role, the protagonist is fighting against the very nature of humanity given literal form. Yadaboalth being the ultimate manifestation of abusive authority, Izanagi our nature to want to shy away from painful truth, and the choice to fight Nyx or ignore him being the struggle all humans face against our inevitable death. Persona isn't just a story about teenagers, it's a story about humanity.