OpenMW = good Skywind = shit

>There are people out there who unironically want Skywind more than pic related

What kind of idiot retard would want to play Morrowind but with Skyrim's gameplay? There are simply mechanics that mods can't do due to Bethesda gutting the functionality and without source code, good luck... Meanwhile OpenMW's potential is endless because it's an open source engine replacement.

OpenMW is not only about Morrowind either, it interfaces with Oblivion/Fallout 3/FNV/Skyrim data files now and it also allows people to create their own "Bethesda open world games" too.

The only thing Skywind is good for are the assets to use in OpenMW. Thanks Skywind team :^)

Attached: openmw logo.png (800x645, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVbVPftwfP0
youtu.be/Dtmjve8iE58
youtu.be/CVHus2St9VE
youtu.be/Au1M-z0apGQ
youtu.be/Eu7VjuRXW6c
youtube.com/watch?v=Re-BLl-tleA
leonvanderstadt.bandcamp.com/album/resdayn-suite
youtube.com/watch?v=Slv0VvIRoWA
youtu.be/oWPAGuPsQ4A
youtu.be/SCbiJsasdcU
youtu.be/46gaz6veVNQ?t=4330
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=vY0W3MkZFs4
wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Contribution_Wanted
youtube.com/watch?v=SRHb4S68BjI
forum.openmw.org/search.php?keywords=
youtube.com/watch?v=1FL3uj28k5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Come Nerevar, friend or traitor. Come.

i just want OpenMW to release a proper 1.0

how well does openmw work if other Bethesda games?

And bring wraithguard, I have need of it.

you sure about that bro? i can just nom all this all at once you know

Attached: 596271-1351459292.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

OpenMW looks great, and the devs are active. Skywind looks great but development seems to be at a snails pace such that the project will never reach even an alpha stage. I'll get around to playing OpenMW, I've played through Morrowind at least a half-dozen times, but I'm playing Daggerfall Unity at the moment.

It only interfaces with the files at the moment. Give it a couple years.

Skywind looks great but the problem with Skywind is that it's still fundamentally Skyrim with a Morrowind mod installed and no amount of scripting changes will fix that.

wtf I'm ejaculating now

the fact that the dev team probably knows how pointless it is likely affects how motivated they are to work on it, the guys creating all the assets must feel far less like their work is going to waste.

I've been using OpenMW for a while and it's great. Most mods even work with it.
Skywind is just is one of those meme projects that will never be finished.

>OpenMW = good Skywind = shit
Is this even a debate at this point? Wasn't Skywind exposed as a scam for "aspiring developers" to put in their CV to get a real job in the industry? I even remeber anons on Yea Forums posting about their expirience there (does anyone have a screencap?).
Skyblivion on the other handi s actually showing progress and i still have a hope it will be finished one day.

>Is this even a debate at this point?
Among retards, yes

Attached: 1554257001161.jpg (500x500, 62K)

yes

Attached: skywind is going nowhere.png (1778x503, 199K)

Is Tamriel Rebuilt going to be done in the next century or so?

Attached: 1553748477515.png (508x525, 26K)

Does anyone have to say anything about Skyblivion development? It seems to be showing progress and their lead Rebelzize sounds like a nice guy that's passionate enough about oblivion to be doing his job for real so i want to believe it's a real thing but who the fuck knows, might also be a scam like skywind and turn out to be another disappointment that will never be finished
youtube.com/watch?v=FVbVPftwfP0

1.0.0 when

fuck 1.0.0, shadows when?

Next version.

This was 2017, what's the story NOW?

Skyblivion is far more likely to happen simply because Oblivion isn't a world away from Skyrim in mechanics and structure and a lot can be easily replicated, really. The expectations are lower and the goals are more realistic. Oh, and they work often.

So, for a technically illiterate user like myself, what exactly is OpenMW?

Open source engine for Bethesda games

Shadows are in the nightlies already where the fuck you been?
youtu.be/Dtmjve8iE58

Attached: TES3MP.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

How did they do it and why can't the same be done to other games (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim LE)?

>Please note the game isn't playable like this as of yet, this is just a demonstration to show what OpenMW has achieved. My framerate was probably averaging in the low to mid teens and it was difficult to get shots that both looked good and ran above 20 FPS. A lot of the clips in the video are sped up 150% because of the low FPS

>browsing through morrowind mods today
>spot a UI overhaul mod
>mfw it copies Skyrim's awful original console UI

Attached: a98.gif (812x720, 2.07M)

> How did they do it
You learn to code.
Reverse engineering.
Autism.
>and why can't the same be done to other games (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim LE)?
youtu.be/CVHus2St9VE
youtu.be/Au1M-z0apGQ
youtu.be/Eu7VjuRXW6c

>How did they do it and why can't the same be done to other games (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim LE)?

It already does Oblivion and Skyrim to a small degree, it's not evolved far enough but there's an open door to achieve it.

>these videos
LMAO
Anyway i meant that why can't they make open source versions of these games, not make them run on morrowind's engine

HEY THERE CITIZEN I SEE YOU'RE WALKING ABOUT MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS LET ME QUICKLY STOP YOU AND TELL YOU ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR DAGOTH UR

Attached: MW-npc-Llandras_Belaal.jpg (1000x1000, 129K)

>release 0.45
>no shadows included

Attached: 31deeb59cdbcd610571f80173fe48958.png (600x390, 160K)

user, it's a whole new engine based off reverse engineering how morrowind's executable works, and file formats for beth's garbage

the fact it's even possible to get this far is exceptionally impressive. it's significantly easier to just write a brand new engine and disregard the original intent altogether and just make it simulate morrowind's engine, not attempt to be morrowind's engine.. if that makes any sense to you

This. Waiting on my first playthrough for now.

I doubt Skywind will probably ever come out. Skyblivion, maybe in 2-3 years. It's a much less ambitious project and they don't have to remake so much from scratch because a lot of the assets still hold up.

How is multiplayer?

Do you like Morrowind, but multiplayer?

I'd like to know about it, hence I'm asking.

I am confident that one day I will be able to sit my grandchild on my lap and play TR with the whole of Morrowind together.

>OpenMW is not only about Morrowind either, it interfaces with Oblivion/Fallout 3/FNV/Skyrim data files now and it also allows people to create their own "Bethesda open world games" too.
Example of good project then.

Give it a year or two.

mechanically it's a dumpster fire in exploit city. If you actually have a group of people who don't fuck each other for no reason/only when it's really funny it can be really good.

Game is already fully playable.

Have it achieved distant land rendering heights of MGE?

Yes.

The problem isn't that assets age, the problem is that the asset ripping is illegal. Skyblivion team has to remake everything from scratch

>be 50+
>openmw/tes3mp ver 1.2.1 (final)
>go through entirety of morrowind's main quest, dlc, and TR on a listen server with grandchildren
>"man grandpa, for such an old game this sure is more fun that fotm game!"
Man can dream

Attached: 1548107250432.png (635x457, 258K)

Was an amateur VO aiming to help out Skywind several years ago, especially due to loving that raspy vocal fry quality of Baker's vocals in Morrowind. Except the guy leading the voice shit had a stupid fucking system and had his head way up himself. Instead of assigning roles on auditions, they just handed it to whoever asked first. Mic quality? Who cares! He actually thought noise removal via audacity would be fine for everyone. Totally wouldn't make the whole project dissonant as fuck, right?

And then he had the gall to give me a 24 hour deadline for my lines of three characters. This was about four years ago. Sure glad to see I left that when the writing was on the wall.

>brainlets think that 0.45.0==45% completion

I wouldn't be surprised if 0.46 becomes 1.0 at this point. Right now shadows and some minor bug fixes are all that's needed.

damn that shit looks awesome, will there be mods to fix the god awful npcs animations, they still suck massive balls.

don't wait, the game is 100% playable with open mw in its current state with no bugs or glitches that i've seen in 40 hours

it's incredibly stable too, never crashed or froze up once

No, animating is hard. Anyone decent is going to want to be paid to do it well.

They need to fix spell collision and the fact that if you jump and your framerate isn't capped at 60 it consumes a shit ton more stamina than it should

Opinions on this man?

Attached: fargoth-closeup.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

incel that's on the verge of snapping

If only there were a Bethesda game with good gameplay. New Vegas with ProjectNV is in my humble opinion the closest we ever got to that.

Yes. There's a whole new animation system that I'd allow modders would just replace animation assets from games with good animations or at least better ones.

Rip some animations out of Gothic, Witcher 2/3 and maybe even Dragon Age Origins, import them into Morrowind's data files and call it a day.

Try Daggerfall Unity.

Attached: Daggerfall Unity.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

>Rip some animations out of Gothic, Witcher 2/3 and maybe even Dragon Age Origins, import them into Morrowind's data files and call it a day.
I don't think that's how it works at all...

Modding OPENMW is a pain, this is the greatest disadvantage it has.

Oy vey!

Daggerfall has good gameplay how, exactly?

how about a morrowind remake on anything else but netimmerse/gamebryo/creationengine.

Daggerfall always had good gameplay

That's literally what this is you idiot

Wrong. Their main focus now is to increase modding capability.

>Daggerfall always had good gameplay
Please explain

>enginelet who doesn't know anything about engines complaining about something that doesn't even use the engines he's whining about
Lol

>That's literally what this is you idiot
havent looked into openmw that much. I was assuming it was some kind of open source thing that just mimics netimmerse 1:1

Not him but it did. Morrowind was a step backwards in everything but world building and story.

An argument could be made that scaling down the world was a good thing but I think they went too far with downsizing it.

netimmerse is fucking garbage. its modularity is nice but other than that its a heaping pile of shit.

You are dumb motherfucker.

Attached: 1554278228209.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

It's an open source engine that interfaces with Morrowind's data files and mimics the Construction Set.

A year or two into the future you'll be able to modify every single component in Morrowind and make your own standalone games with it so it's basically a make your own Bethesda game engine.

I still don't understand how you can think Daggerfall has good gameplay

Morrowind already exists

user pls we already have know you have no idea what you're talking about

Nope, the engine is still years away from being anywhere near complete, and there are currently no real plans to provide a new model/animation format, highlight on real because there are plans to replace them but they are extremely vague and there is no plan in place, and currently no-one is working on this, which is an absolute shame because .nif is an absolute pain to work with.

That's not going to happen at all, 1.0 needs to have feature parity with Vanilla MW, and there are still lots of standout problems that need to be addressed that haven't been touched in years, on top of this 1.0 won't release until OpenCS is feature complete.

Real shame that this is using Unity, and that the modders working on it have no standards at least visually.

>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS

Come and look upon the heart Nerevar

>he fell for the Unity meme

Wait for Morrowind dehardcoded, once that's done I'll be expanding my overhaul mod into combat to make it more like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic mixed with some minor dice roll elements.

I don't think you can go full hack and slash with it because it wasn't intended to be that way without a far bigger overhaul than I'm planning to do.

My mod interfaces with Skyrim Home of the Nords, Province Cyrodiil and Tamriel Rebuilt so no thanks. It has to remain somewhat vanilla.

>That's not going to happen at all, 1.0 needs to have feature parity with Vanilla MW
Name missing features.

alright indulge me on the greatness of it. go on.

I was watching the newest update and they're still fixing minor shit that I'd rather wait for because my autism is too great. Appreciate the replies though.

Where's trainwiz? He was in the last thread and he'd be shaking his head at all the enginelets here.

Are you the CHIM guy?

>falling for the unity hate meme
epic

>I'll be expanding my overhaul mod into combat to make it more like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic mixed with some minor dice roll elements.
Big if true. Godspeed user modder.

It doesn't.

It's able to read Morrowind's file archives, as far as engine goes, it's a completely new engine, and it's actually kind of shit, it runs like shit and it looks like shit, and physics are implemented extremely poorly, recently some mad lad from Japan came in and optimized the fuck out of the game allowing for significantly more efficient distant terrain as well as optimizing a bunch of other features and improving them including shadows

DFUnity fell for it.

Check bug tracker, 1.0 is being used as a lock to be a complete replacement for Vanilla MW, past that 1.0 will be made available with only bugfixes and post 1.0 version will become the main focus, there's already a plan for post 1.0, it's not the best but it's been fixed, initially the lead dev was going to upgrade MW script and ignore MWSE, but then the MWSE V2 developer stepped in and managed to while arguing against a wall made of gen x boomer sycophants convince the team that implementing a Lua based scripting language as the standard while keeping MWscript as an unsupported legacy aspect was the best thing to do going forwards.

I just don’t bother anymore.

I'm pretty sure you're the chim guy, how are you going to make the combat like dark messiah without being able to ragdoll enemies? the combat needs to be improved anyway, you shouldn't be able to freely knock enemies over with ease.

>takes diceroll at disadvantage
>fails a roll
Wew lad :sippsstaminapotion:

There are some initial physics tests for OpenMW.

No but halbe is a good friend of mine IRL and we're kind of working in tandem. Morrowind has a bright future ahead of it once it's dehardcoded.

I'm not only doing it for Morrowind, I'm going to use it as the foundation for combat in my standalone RPG built in OpenMW. OpenCS 1.0 can't come soon enough desu

How's your space game coming along?

Reasonable, you can only say the same thing so many times.

Physics are coming to OpenMW. It's just a matter of time. Worst case scenario I go for directional combat inspired by Mountain Blade until physics are implemented.

I'm definitely changing the combat system up though as soon as humanly possible.

Working on stuff for a live demo that I'll be doing at a con.

I'm just hoping they go for ragdolls rather than everything physics. Most items don't need them.

Attached: UnderspaceUnderplace.png (1773x995, 3M)

>There are some initial physics tests for OpenMW.
That's not really of any value until someone has a plan.

A matter of time is easily a decade when it comes to OpenMW though.
Sounds great, no updates on your mod in a while.

>everything physics
What do you mean, like how most of the clutter can be freely moved? I like that aspect, what's your problem with it?

Not him but "decorating" your house in Oblivion and finding dropped items that have rolled down cliffs was annoying as hell because of the physics

Because
>enter building
>leeks explode everywhere, killing your wife

Attached: LeakedScreenshotsOfBethendosNewGame.jpg (1600x900, 422K)

I hope so too. Even when we inevitable get OpenFNV/Oblivion/Skyrim I can't think of anything that truly needs physics outside of player character except for meme bullshit like cheese wheels in your house.

What con are you planning on attending? Planning on a 2019 release? I'm very excited to see your Underspace game in action. Low key my most anticipated game right under Biomutant this year so you're in good company.

CHIM isn't my mod but he's just busy with school at the moment and a lot of it is awaiting dehardcoding but his internal roadmap is insane. CHIM is gonna be one hell of a thing when it's finished.

My overhaul will interface well with his. We're just focusing on different things but my recent playthroughs have used his movement climbing stuff, definitely recommend that if you haven't tried it out.

Attached: dagoth ur.png (1395x335, 93K)

It needs to be noted because I know most anons will get this wrong, physics doesn't mean Havoc like in Half Life or Skyrim. Physics means having an option to drop stuff down instead of game teleporting it out of your inventory. When they implement it, it'll speed up mod creation process by more than half because modders will be able to drop everything where they need instead of arranging everything to be pixel perfect.

Personally, I'm even more excited about possible water flow in rivers. Rivers and lakes in Morrowind feel like whatever bodies of water. I need my stream physics.

Attached: 1409821154354.jpg (2622x1080, 2.1M)

>Bethesda fans get so sick of Bethesda making shit games that they just decide to make their own, actually good Bethesda games.
Neat.

We've been discussing stream physics on Discord lately. Remember that game jam after Skyrim released where one of the Bethesda guys made a dungeon that was based around water physics and being carried down channels of water? That's something that needs to be implemented for sure.

The community would make good use of it. Especially Tamriel Rebuilt team dealing with those landmasses.

How the fetch do vehicles work in skyrim if pretty much same mod in pretty much same game (fallout 3 motocycles) can get to work properly?

It's annoying but it's not like a system to lock objects, or set a position to allow you to move them back to that location with the push of a button can't be implemented.

>leeks explode everywhere, killing your wife
>collect life insurance and live it up
I don't see the problem here.

I'd rather not play CHIM until it's finished and skills for the new player abilities are implemented, I'm still waiting for my next playthrough of Morrowind, but at this rate I'm not sure when that will be.

>What con are you planning on attending?
It's just a small one I've been attending for a few years, but I wanna test it out in a public setting.
Also it plays... basically like Freelancer. Should be lawsuitingly familiar if you've played that.

That ended up in Dawnguard, it's really fun. I wanted to do something in Skyrim and being in like, a stream and having to dodge spiky rocks.

>OpenMW-CS 1.0
imagine

Attached: 1488399768409.png (602x598, 313K)

This is what I'm most excited about. How many fans has Todd pissed off over the years? Well now's their chance to get back at him and make the Daggerfall/Morrowind successors of their dreams.

Fuck you Todd. Julian LeFay will have the last laugh

Attached: julian lefay.jpg (300x225, 14K)

Yeah but I'd rather have a wife than leeks and money.

>How the fetch do vehicles work in skyrim
Well enough. It's the AI going crazy that was the issue.

Attached: kart2.jpg (1600x900, 447K)

>chad LeFay vs virgin manlet Todd
lmao the memes were real get fucked Todd

That's great.

The moment I realized stream physics are needed is when I had to go to UESP to learn which bodies of waters on Ascadian Lakes are rivers and which lakes. It made me unhappy because if there's no way to know for sure until you check it, the short length and absurd wideness of rivers in comparison to map size shatters my immersion. It also makes the world feel static more than anything else.

How's the progress on the editor? Is it anywhere near being feature complete?

Attached: 1409822065507.jpg (600x800, 118K)

Honestly the best part is that as long as they don't use the TES IP, anyone using OpenMW's engine to make their own "Not-TES" fantasy Bethesda-esque game could actually sell it and compete directly with Bethesda, which is pretty awesome.

You could probably fake stream physics in game now to be honest. I used a similar system for Sotha Sil Expanded's conveyor belts.

Attached: FactoryFight.webm (640x360, 2.75M)

I'm not the right person to ask about that but it definitely feels like it's near completion already.

Yep. So when SureAI is making their next Enderal, they'll have the choice of making a mod for a Bethesda game or a standalone game they can make millions off of with tools that feel like what they had while making Enderal

It'll be interesting to see what they choose

I'm pretty sure SureAI said their next Enderal game is going to be of their own original designs, not a mod.

>Well now's their chance to get back at him and make the Daggerfall/Morrowind successors of their dreams.
Working on it right now, I'm just hoarding assets while waiting for MW to get to the point where I can make a demo without having to wrestle with the tools.

Well, I don't know how to fake streams. My modding achievements are making a house.

Although if it's possible to make a radiant AI system with the new navmeshes, I'd be willing to join the team adding it to every NPC in Morrowind and Tamriel Rebuilt

You make invisible blocks that move.

Attached: citee.jpg (1005x678, 632K)

It would have to be animated, though.

Yeah, I did say they move.

Attached: Artkwend 2015-01-19 02.51.19.609.jpg (1600x900, 539K)

Where are you hoarding assets from? How big is your folder at the moment? Honestly we'll need as much collaboration as we can get so if you have some good sources please share on /tesg/ or the forums.

I'm planning on spending about a hundred thousand on production of a OpenMW-based prototype to bring it to Kikestarter because asset creation is too damn expensive.

My biggest concern is releasing a game that's meant to be modded but not having the rights to distribute the assets if I buy them off an asset store or whatever.

What is that pic related? Where is that?

I dunno some city.

Attached: Artkwend 2015-01-17 22.05.26.710.jpg (1600x900, 550K)

>Although if it's possible to make a radiant AI system with the new navmeshes, I'd be willing to join the team adding it to every NPC in Morrowind and Tamriel Rebuilt

What you mean like scripting NPCs to move at certain times of the day wouldn't that be stupidly complex and bring the games scripting engine to a halt?

I only decided to do this like late last year, but it's mostly some humans, and a few outfits and so far over world pieces, rocks, cliff pieces, trees, small things to clutter the overworld, soon architecture I guess, but really without snapping I can't even do internal locations, I'm mostly doing outdoors assets because I've noticed that the guy handling terrain editing has actually gotten somewhere recently, so I could at least look at making part of my planned overworld.
>I'm planning on spending about a hundred thousand on production of a OpenMW-based prototype to bring it to Kikestarter because asset creation is too damn expensive.
Fucking hell.
>My biggest concern is releasing a game that's meant to be modded but not having the rights to distribute the assets if I buy them off an asset store or whatever.
Asset stores generally feature the assets license prominently, many of them have a licence that allows people to buy modify and resell, in fact I've seen people even do this.

>What is that pic related? Where is that?
Looks like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Re-BLl-tleA

What the hell is wrong with everyone's hands?

I wish there was a larger free and open source asset community because I can't imagine how discouraging it is to be an ambitious game developer without the means to create the assets needed to even fund for a prototype.

Chronic masturbation.
Faphand in Morrowind is an epidemic

Attached: BANJOGEARIE2.jpg (675x500, 146K)

>wouldn't that be stupidly complex and bring the games scripting engine to a halt?
We're not on NetImmerse anymore. In Morrowind, pathfinding itself was one of the bottlenecks.

Going to make a new morrowind build, I want to have big boy strength, speed, acrobatics and athletics. Will be playing as a shitty fuckin' cat for that acrobatics boost at the start, Or should i pick something else for the long term?
I'll also be going into alchemy, blades, and is unarmoured any good?

>morrowtards consider this 'immersive'

That's Arktwend, not Morrowind.

Attached: Artkwend 2015-01-27 04.38.14.970.jpg (1600x900, 546K)

I hope Fyr comes back

Why can't anti-Morrowind shitposters do anything right? Even their shitposting is low quality.

He's busy fucking coeds in the playboy dimension.

based

There is an open source asset community, there's loads of textures/models that people could use, it probably doesn't have the ones you want, but why would you want a perfect demo to sell on Kickstarter, who detailed do you want your demo to be?

It sounds like a waste of time based on the angle that if someone makes a proper scheduling system similar to the ones in Skyrim/Oblivion then all that work would sort of be a waste.

>if someone makes a proper scheduling system
Is anyone working on that yet?

Attached: Flying khajiit.jpg (800x978, 255K)

Just waiting for OpenMW to reach a point in which I can view distant lands, see shadows and mod textures / more grass into the game to make it look better.

Tried Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds And Graphics, but this shit adds so much that proper optimization is out of the reach.

Attached: 1548880314614.jpg (3072x2304, 822K)

what in the goddamn...

They froze to death.

Isn't this from that My Winnepeg movie?

Not that I'm aware of but if you want to waste that time go ahead, I guess it won't be a complete waste since you could convert the master scheduling table into whatever scheduling format does come around.

It has distant lands but the distant statics aspect of it is only being used by developers privately, I think that's because of the guy who optimized the fuck out of distant terrain, and they would want to build their statics to that first, it has shadows, those are done, probably see them in .46, but you can see them in the nightlies right now, developers have expressed interest in implementing a grass system, you're not too far away I guess.

>lawsuitingly familiar to freelancer
muhdick
keep up the good work

Is this gonna be Yea Forumslancer 2?

Yes.

Does it have the Freelancer trading hubs? I always enjoyed the way that Freelancer handled this aspect.

Aren't there mods that already do that

Have you looked at what No Man's Sky doing in general? I think any Freelancer fan should be paying attention to it.

The only thing skyrim did better is spellcasting mechanics. I would like to see that in openmw.

touch fargoth get dizzy

Yeah, but you can actually walk around on them.

No Man's Sky doesn't feel like Freelancer to me in any capacity. A game whose core relies on procedural generation never could. Freelancer's star systems were hand-placed, and that's what made it stand out.

Living Cities of Vvardenfell, but it's super script heavy and prone to errors.

Attached: collection of ogrim nipple rings.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

Yeah, I sat that shadows are already in the nightly version, waiting patiently for the project to reach a phase in which more or less everything will work and I will be able to mod it somehow.

Mainly talking about the grass&textures mentioned earlier plus some leveling mod. I'm not going to leave the game running on jumping autohotkey macro just to have +5 strenght on level up.

Attached: 1515944743804.jpg (427x366, 46K)

What state is Open MW in anyway? I haven't followed it for a few years.

>The only thing skyrim did better is spellcasting mechanics. I would like to see that in openmw.
I don't get it.

>Yeah, but you can actually walk around on them.
I really enjoyed the sort of point and click vibes Freelancer gave, but that's cool, when's it coming out? I want to see what these space stations look like.

Dual casting was great, especially the ability to cast destruction and shield/utility spells at the same time.

You're not serious are you? the only thing I will admit Skyrim does well is that there's a large variety of spells that work differently, other than that, nah, shows more of a problem with Magic in TES games as a whole.

Are you coming to steam or epic?

>I really enjoyed the sort of point and click vibes Freelancer gave
See that's the thing, you also can point and click for services if you want instead of just walking around.

And we're aiming for a 2019 release.

More or less feature complete, vanilla playable to completion.

Attached: ester3.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

>there's a large variety of spells
You're not serious, are you?

That's nice then.

>that work differently

Steam.

Other TES games don't have things like a sustained torrent of elemental energy from your hand, or a slow moving orb of damage, or the ability to send a group of enemies flying, or the ability to blink a short distance, the variety is a different kind of variety, and the fact that that aspect is an improvement is a problem with TES games.

No GOG?

Open to it and I've got contacts, but no guarantees.

You can thank Midas Magic for that, even if the Skyrim version was pretty meh.
Though the Oblivion version kinda was too.

Attached: build pillow forts with your friends.jpg (1303x768, 122K)

Please don't be a faggot and do a day one release. I want to support GOG with my money and I'm sick of buying games and praying they come to GOG Connect (or not buying them at all)

Like I've said, I've got contacts and strings to pull.

David is such a cool dude. Probably my favorite person in the TES community.

>can actually make permanent structures
Someone should make a settlement mod for TES3MP

First time hearing this. THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING. It's like an official Jeremy Soule sequel soundtrack to Morrowind
leonvanderstadt.bandcamp.com/album/resdayn-suite

>sneaks
>while holding a torch

Hell yeah
I miss Freelancer so bad

Going forward in OpenMW I hope they abandon the concept of Companion AI for Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout New Vegas.

Fuck companions. Worst addition to the series ever.

>Fuck companions. Worst addition to the series ever.
I disagree.
they're completely optional, and (can be) fun to have around, when they're not bumping and revealing you

What's so bad about companions?

The streams are good to watch and i feel its coming along nicely.

I just feel bad because they're putting effort into it and we're just gonna rip their assets and use them for OpenMW's Oblivion port.

Anyone working on Oblivion/Skyrim provinces should just focus on making assets to be released for the OpenMW community and if they want to go the extra mile, that's on them.

that should not be too hard.
furniture scripts are already there, just repurpose them to be used for bigger objects in exterior instead of interior

Attached: MMOrrowind.jpg (1024x768, 221K)

Yeah but linking and making interiors might be.

real talk, im not so sure about openmw anymore.
if you watch the updates they're actually starting to change how the game works rather than purely making a better engine.

Attached: 1354077079553.jpg (450x900, 112K)

It's free and open source.
Make a pull request that shows how your superior programming knowledge makes work of current devs look like crayon drawings.

Someone should recreate this pic in TES3MP

might be what?
youtube.com/watch?v=Slv0VvIRoWA

That's not true. For one, engine is so vastly different that if you weren't a casual you'd know this isn't vanilla Morrowind. Secondly, all the new additions are UI conviniences and Code Patch additional options. Or are you going to cry about stealth archery being viable?

Daggerfall Unity just received another large update a couple of days ago, why aren't you hyped for this shit you brainlet?

Soon

Attached: DFunity.png (1360x768, 1.5M)

long as changes like archery sniping damage are optional, i'm all for it. but its going to change the base game for new players of morrowind in the future, so any sort of opinion on how to improve the gameplay should really not be included.
like what if they decide the constipated walk animation is bad and should be changed? sure it could be optional but a new player isn't is going to know otherwise.

Attached: 1323089827950.jpg (2200x1601, 1.34M)

Why did Morrowind feel so soulless? Compared to Dag, it was just a really "hollow" game, you just get this feeling.

>like what if they decide
I think they have goals for future OpenMW development written on their website in a very clear and understandable way.
That includes what kind of deviations from vanilla can be implemented in OpenMW and how.
from what I see they give us options to enable or disable each change in the launcher

But I am? I made some of the most popular mods for Daggerfall Unity. That being said, it's less interesting than OpenMW considering Daggerfall Unity is on Unity and OpenMW is a make your own nuBethesda game engine.

I kind of agree with you but maybe this will result in a Daggerfall meets Morrowind sort of game by a pissed off Daggerfall/Morrowind fan such as myself.

youtu.be/oWPAGuPsQ4A
soon we will dab on skyrim shitters

What is the fucking point?

Daggerfall on mw engine when?

it's skyrim with soule

Better mods.
Actual multiplayer.

isn't Daggerfall Unity close to that or in some aspects even better?

Unity project uses the same pixelated assets. I meant like the full port.

>yfw TES6 is an utter disappointment and rapes the lore so bad that all the Kirkbridefags use OpenMW to reboot their own c0da friendly variants of TES4, 5 and 6 that include all the weird sci-fi/philosophy/technology elements

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 44K)

i'd be down for exploring jungle cyrodiil: wading red rivers and eating rice in country village dives

Province: Cyrodiil is already working on that.

Doesn't really matter as long it has proper mod support.

>the most painful thing though was the fact that no one there seemed to even play morrowind.
That's the thing with Skywind, it is made and supported by Skyrim retards who can't get into Morrowind.

Will OpenMW ever be relevant?
When they finally seem to catch up to vanilla modded the MWSE team shit all over their rotting carcass and released 2.1
All new great mods make use of it leaving it in the dust again.

Attached: 1549566442096.jpg (680x1125, 163K)

I'm like halfway expecting TES6 to fall for the Souls meme as far as combat goes, which, while not ideal, would be far better than the janky mess 5's combat was.

Does anyone have mod recommendations? Thinking of doing A Telvanni playthrough and would appreciate the best underrated mods. Also is there a good levelling mod for MW? MW vanilla levelling just isn't very good and prioritises minmaxing which sucks. Also any good vampire mods? Going for OpenMW compatibility

Pics or it didn't happen.

They will never be compatible.

it doesn't, imagine morrowind but without any meaningful dungeons because they are all 100% rng except story ones, only difference between towns being the texture set because again 100% rng except few story critical locations (as locations within the city because the rest is Always rng again), no meaningful dialog because the only difference between a npc and another is the sprite. people masturbate about the six million square miles overworld but you will be always using quicktravel because 100% rng without nothing in it.
daggerfall is an absolute joke, the epitome of style (for that time) over substance, skyrim has objectively more content than daggerfall

Openmw team doesn't like mwse that much.

gross, that garbage boring city design does not belong in the engine

Not in Morrowind. The characters are like 50 polies. Don't even need to vertex weight that shit. It'd be really piss easy to improve upon the extant animation.

I prefer an engine that wont randomly corrupt my save at any point

Just go fucking try it. I have hundreds of hours in OpenMW and it is stable as fuck. Its only not considered 1.0 because of rare fringe cases and no MWSE. Performance is excellent on it. I'm using a mod list that was crashing vanilla like every 20 minutes. OpenMW hasn't crashed once on me.

This. Dehardcoded Skyrim with Morrowind's scripting could result in Skyrim actually being worth playing one day.

I mean isn't that what Skyrim Home of the Nords/Province Cyrodiil are doing?

Why? And how do i find more info about this? I'd expect they would integrate it in OpenMW or its functions, otherwise the userbase will be split forever

Yep. I joined Skywind briefly and contributed some tree and rock models. 99% of the "team" are absolutely beginners who have never made another mod and joined Skywind because of its fame. Almost every single model I would export and look from the site was not only not game ready, but had such garbage topology that it could probably never be made game ready.

I'm not even going to give Todd the chance to disappoint me. I'm already working on my TES successor that'll be a mix of Daggerfall and what worked from Morrowind.

I haven't been happy with the series since Daggerfall. Morrowind was a downgrade but acceptable.

Just why
Why would they do that

They are going to implement it eventually, but the most recent version of MWSE allows use of much more powerful LUA scripts, and LUA scripting is built into openMW natively. So even if they never add old MWSE stuff, it will be easy to convert new mods to both openMW and vanilla. Also, most of the stuff you would need MWSE for can be done natively in openMW.

I have wanted people to mod in some of the shit from C0DA for forever.

thank Vivec, i got worried for a second

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-16 15-50-42-541.jpg (1920x1080, 749K)

Will OpenMW ever get fog for distant land? Looks terrible currently

have been waiting for 2 years now

I asked this in the last thread but no one answered. What do you think the modding community needs most? I have a comp sci masters degree and some 3d modeling experience (though I'm pretty shit, but I can vanilla-Morrowind level art at least). What is a first project I should tackle?

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-15 14-37-25-681.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

Shaders and post processing work in general

Yes. Custom shader support was finished before the graphics engine port. They have to write it again. People were making some cool stuff on the old graphics engine. Here is a shady that had distant weather effects.

Attached: 2004-1183evening-distant-rain.jpg (1600x1200, 232K)

Anything that helps make Tamriel Rebuilt feel more integrated into vanilla. Right now they feel way too disconnected. It would be nice to have faction mods that add quests that take you to the mainland, and maybe some misc quests scattered around that need you to go the mainland also.

I'd check with them first. I have no idea what their plans are to integrate TR with the vanilla game beyond having transport methods in the game to get you to those provinces but I assume there are plans to address that.

Don't want to make your work redundant or step on other's toes. Especially when yours would be an add-on and theirs would be built into what they're distributing.

modders will fix it

They had to rewrite post processing when they moved to the new renderer. It'll take a while but it's gonna be worth it. The new renderer is worth the effort.

Without abusing intelligence potions whats a slightly less broken way to get op early on? Enchantments?

If you just pick a race and weapon combo that go well together, you are pretty much set for anything by level 15.

Daggerfall Unity is putting lipstick on a turd.

So what scripting is OpenMW using? Lua? Something custom?

t. brainlet that can't into role playing

"c++ and learn to code" script

>no waifuniggers
>tes thread is actually good
huh

Morrowind threads are always good

Fuck
Marry
Kill

Hardmode: Can only pick one for each.

Attached: almsivi.png (1024x1152, 1.32M)

C0DA type lore is hard to implement in video games.
How do you actually make a building out of poetry?
If anyone would have done it it would have been Trainwiz.
Ask him to include skywhales or poetry buildings in a mod.

tldr
C0DA is a better fit for R*ddit than video games.

There may be a chunk of corn in that turd.
I am not willing to chew through that crap looking for it.

>Will OpenMW ever be relevant?

No. It still runs like dogshit.

>b-but optimization is always done last!

Good. Then we can all play OpenMW in 2030.

>download open mw
>want to use distant land and grass
>worse fps than vanilla morrowind

What's the estimated guess for when I can open up Skyrim and it has openmw support?
Please I'm a brainlet

3rd of Never

When TES 12 got released

After the next Cube World update

OpenMW will never actually be done. Back in early 2017, Yea Forums was predicting 1.0 by Christmas. Lo and behold, the game runs just as badly as it did back then.Every update is some variation of "corrected the death animation of dremora" or "fixed the texture error on left glass pauldrons" or some inane shit. It's like Zeno's paradox of the tortoise and Achilles. The team is always making smaller and smaller steps toward an actually usable open source engine, so that while progress is demonstrable, they're never actually going to finish the project.

It's a pie in the sky project that will never come to fruition, let alone be a worthwhile choice over vanilla + mods.

nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

Attached: void.jpg (640x640, 106K)

unironically in three-five years. It'll happen sooner than most people think. We've already gotten the foundation done, now it's just minor improvements made between Morrowind and their Gamebryo engine circa 2006-2011

Morrowind fans have a huge overlap with FNV fans so I expect FNV will be the next major push then Skyrim.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 will come as a result of supporting FNV but no one gives a fuck about that.

Attached: morrowboomer.jpg (550x550, 46K)

So why does OP saying that it will support NV & Skyrim? They seem to be a long ways before that happens considering openmw is just focused on Morrowind.

>unironically in three-five years

you said that three-five years ago!

>"corrected the death animation of dremora" or "fixed the texture error on left glass pauldrons"
You're over a year behind the program. Now it's skeleton fixes that stop crashes no one ever experienced.

It's just a monthly OpenMW thread where they try to drum up enthusiasm for this go-nowhere project.

>oh user, it'll be VR compatible and have fully modeled vulvas, etc.

Oh cool that's still some distant away but at least it's something.

>So why does OP saying that it will support NV & Skyrim?
NV, Skyrim, and Morrowind are all on the same engine, so it's easy to connect the games

>update is some variation of "corrected the death animation of dremora" or "fixed the texture error on left glass pauldrons" or some inane shit.
sounds like you stopped following developement way before 2017, if you arent a grafix whore opwnmw > vanilla

They're like ToadyOne.

He would rather spend three months coding the fluid mechanics and viscosity of dwarven vomit rather than make his game not run like utter dogshit.

Personally, I didn't. 3-5 years from now sounds far more realistic than it did 3-5 years ago though.

It's definitely getting close and even if I'm wrong, we'll see standalone game development on OpenMW in that time for sure so who gives a fuck about Todd's ga-

Oh hey Todd sorry about that. You should really consider using OpenMW for TESVI/Starfield. Contribute to the code, you help us, we'll help you. It's a win-win situation.

Attached: morrowind now you're thinking with portals.webm (658x720, 1.8M)

>It's definitely getting close

sure

That's not true. Game has gotten performance boosting optimizations in the new release and a big double digits one is done and coming in 0.46

>the ghostfires loom
>arches and spires line
>avs

I wouldn't touch either of them. Too risky.

>retard can't make create a character right

Jesus. I'm already running 4K textures, 16x AA with fog/water shaders and normal maps at my refresh rate on a 1080 at 3440x1440

How much higher is it gonna go?

This. I just started a new character and I was only missing for maybe 10 minutes? Now I'm landing 65% of my hits

based 10 fps in balmora

post modlist

>balmora
You are like a little baby.

Watch this.

Attached: 33.jpg (1920x1080, 702K)

Lore friendly for maximum content/compatibility in OpenMW

Attached: ModOrganizer_QpNDAiQMu5.png (648x651, 47K)

>no grass

>he wants grass in OE
You have no idea what demons you're about to unleash.

I just remember some guy that barely had anything to do with the project had a Patreon up for making videos about it, not development or anything, just grabbing other people's work and making videos off of it and I think a lot of people mistakenly pledged thinking they were helping the project, such a scummy thing to do

Probably never. There have been some proof-of-concept things done, but it is so buggy, looks so bad, and would need so much work that I doubt anyone would ever do it.

Besides, Skyrim: Home of the Nords mod is shaping up excellently and is far better than vanilla Skyrim.

Gotta love the enthusiasm of modders.
My unfinished bug filled clusterfuck of a mod that will get 80% complete tops is far better than a game that made 2 billion dollars.

Keep it up you plucky bastard.

>MFW the only thing i never did in Morrowind is the Vampire clans because being a vampire in Morrowind is garbage

Attached: 66745743_p0.jpg (998x551, 142K)

You can open read Skyrim BSA files right now and it is quite rough.
youtu.be/SCbiJsasdcU
youtu.be/oWPAGuPsQ4A

I'm reading about the MWSE and OpenMW disagreements right now. What's the current stats of Zini/nul?

Do people only make mods just so they can get involved in drama?
Bunch of whiny little man children.

What's your point? Picking a scripting language where there are two modder bases and no fully acceptable middle ground is hard. It's not about drama. Can you please stop flaming every post someone makes in this thread? Shoo, subhuman.

Look on Bountysource for OpenMW bounties.

Attached: morrowind_banepost.jpg (1024x576, 142K)

Hey you just keep on saving Bethesda with wonderful and polished mods and don't mind little ol me.

But I want to play Skyrim with the benefits of openMW

Why do people fall for the ENB meme?

And why the fuck are so many texture packs for Morrowind so fucking ugly?

Is it true the Tamriel Rebuilt doesn't consider Skyrim Canon?

Why are they on a halo

If you're a morrowind fan, you would obviously not consider anything in Oblivion or Skyrim canon. If you're a Kirkbride fan, you would barely consider Morrowind canon.

What gave it away? Directly contradicting later lore, criticizing it on their main news page or working in coordination with an original Skyrim mod for Morrowind?

Attached: 1392816455678.jpg (300x300, 32K)

probably a mod
Or they achieved CHIM

fuck vivec
kill almalexia
mary sotha sil
I'd like to hear the reasoning for anything else.

They are probably C0DAfags.
It is a freeform exploration of TES lore.
Well as long as you comply and stay on the leash to keep you from too much freeform.
Can't have that.

You're fucking retarded. Tamriel Rebuilt has a document on their site where they denounce both Bethesda lore and c0da. TR bases itself only on Redguard - Morrowind era lore.

Why not just kill all three?
Nothing of value will be lost.

Are there any good total conversions besides Enderal and Nehrim?

bite me, tastelet

Attached: MGE Screenshot 2015-08-30 12.21.41.067.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

It runs on phones you FUCKING nigger.

you're a big ringworld

Head canon lorefags are the worst part of the fan base.
If it happens in game it happens...possibly.
Simple as.

Go watch Marvel flicks faggot. TR is a Morrowind mod for Morrowind. It's not a part of some faggy expanded universe shit. It has no reason to be loyal to what Oblivion shat out or stupid things Skyirm decided. It's a Morrowind mod.

he doesn't care, he doesn't have phone

Attached: no_phone.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

I knew there's some weird space lore in TES so I figured it was something like "morrowind was actually set on a ringworld but you couldn't tell because of the fog"

So it is the mod authors head canon.
Seems a waste of perfectly good autism to me but too each his own.

>anything you create with a mod is headcanon cuz its not official
wow you sure are an intellectual huh

The author is calling it Tamriel Rebuilt.
If he has no intention of following established lore he should call it Tamriel Reimagined.

You should label your work as to not be misleading.

The best thing that can happen to a game with developers like Bethesda is the fandom taking over. Your misanthropy is never going to make anything better. All a creative project needs to be good is a few guys at the top with a good vision.

Only stupid people are misled.

> All a project needs is a few guys at the top with good vision.
No you actually need competent people to implement that vision.
See Obsidian, Troika, Black Isle,etc
Visionaries out the ass but failed because they couldn't actually make games.

>The author
There is no fucking author, you idiot. All original planners left over a decade ago.

>If he has no intention of following established lore
The mod started production before Morrowind was even released. Design documents which are used in TR are 15 years old. There was no established Oblivion or Skyrim lore then, you shithead.

What kind of toaster are you running? I'm playing at 4k with all the biggest textures packs in openMW and am getting 60fps.

They left over a decade ago?
Seems wise.
So now it is a community effort?
That will end well.

Hurry up though Bethesda needs saving by the modders or so I hear.

It was always a community effort. There was no single project leader back then. Original team was basically booted out because they weren't serious enough and got nowhere. What little of them left had moved on by 2012. The current team is cream of the crop modders and lorefags. They work in cells with various specializations.

Original team had little to show off and not much got finalized by them, but by 2008 first good stuff started being released. Perfection takes time and releases are steady.

In other news, you really have no idea what you're talking about nor have ever player Morrowind probably.

What do you guys think, how much better could Oblivion and Skyrim have been if Bethesda kept updating their engine and not screwed around with their incompetent programmers? Like, I haven't played Enderal but people say its cities should give us a good idea of what the current engine could handle if it was used by competent programmers, for instance.

I have played Morrowind.
The MQ was top tier in terms of pacing and content.
It dragged a little for the Ashlanders portion though.
Everything else ranged from serviceable to shit.

It is a good thing top men are working on this. It is a seminal work that will define a generation.

How is that Morrowind mod that adds the main continent to the game? I was thinking of installing it, but I was worried my mods should break if I did the required game update that I forgot

Member when VVardenfell was supposed to be one part of the Morrowind map and they had to cut down from the entire Morrowind province being several hundred miles square and only kept VVardenfell ? All Due to console restreints? i member

Reading about Morrowind's design document is quite depressing.

youtu.be/46gaz6veVNQ?t=4330

Makes me wish Skyrim came out this gen instead. 360 and ps3 held it back so much.

Its pretty much a required mod these days. It breaks very little. It adds tons of new quests. None of the factions are 100% finished, so you might want to avoid them and just wait until they are. But there is more misc quests than the base game has and they are pretty fun. The new areas are absolutely gorgeous. The dungeons are kinda easy though, so I actually like to quest around there at the beginning of a new game, which is counter-intuitive since most mods are geared towards high level characters.

Don't install the "preview" content. Its just unfinished shit.

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-15 15-30-58-429.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

>Don't install the "preview" content. Its just unfinished shit.
Having the mainland hug Vvardenfell fully feels good though. And the landscape is done so you can still explore it

Attached: 1392535102831.jpg (2592x2563, 748K)

I remember that when playing Morrowind ages ago, I got obscenely overpowered really quickly. I barely explored half the world and did some main/faction quests and I was already mowing down everything with demonic katana. Is that how the game works, or did I just stumble upon some lucky loot as a kid?

If LeFay was in charge Morrowind would have been far larger and MK would have been fired.
I weep for what could have been.

It breaks my immersion to see all those towns and realize there are no npcs or interiors. I'd rather stick to areas that are fully explorable.

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-15 15-18-42-933.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

I really don't get it. This all sounds terrible.

Smaller and handcrafted. Not large and soulless.

Morrowind is really sensitive to your build. If you build correctly, you can become a good at like level 10 in a single play session. If you build poorly, you will still be getting ganked by Daedra at level 20.

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-16 15-25-47-410.jpg (1920x1080, 715K)

Same. Its why I still return to Morrowind after all these years, but Skyrim no longer interests me. Morrowind's map is just so much better, despite being only like 1/4 of the size.

Attached: Morrowind 2013-12-16 15-08-31-360.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

That would just mean another endlessly huge but generally bland dungeon crawler.

Do enemies still respawn in tes3mp, or will I need to manually reset the cells?

So should I be able to run the official patch to update my game to the right version without breaking shit? Or do I have to rerun stuff like the code patch on the newly updated exe?

Soon.
0.46 or any nightly build as of recent

Attached: 6955074.jpg (244x244, 8K)

>How did they do it
Actual developers building and testing a reverse engineered solution over several years
>and why can't the same be done to other games (Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim LE)?
They can already load asset files for those they just need to add the actual features of each games engine into OpenMW.

So we can potentially have a demaked Skyrim and Oblivion with Morrowind mechanics?

Theoretically, at that point though the devs will likely try to recreate skyrim's engine as accurately as possible first

A lot of mods need the script extender to run. They won't work with openMW. It will fracture the community.

Both devs were over this.

OpenMW is going to implement a new Lua script. A translator for the old script will be made. MWSE dev promised to modify his script if needed to make it compatible with OpenMW.

This all will be done around 1.0 release.

If skyrim actually had attributes it would have been so much better

Damage strength 10 points over 10 seconds was my favourite spell in morrowind and oblivion

>OpenMW is going to implement a new Lua script. A translator for the old script will be made. MWSE dev promised to modify his script if needed to make it compatible with OpenMW.
Rad, that's actually pretty-
>This all will be done around 1.0 release.
Ah, fuck...
Do we at least have a timeline to said release yet or are they still that far away from it?

Attached: PAIN.png (497x444, 122K)

What is honestly the point of OpenMW. Is it going to fill the environments it makes with anything?

This youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M popped up in my youtube recommendation as I entered this thread, is Google watching me browse 4chins?

Can someone explain to me what´s the point of OpenMW if it´s looks equal to the original but not allow the classic overhaul mods. I though the point of OpenMW was the multiplayer.

Also, Can Open Morrowind support Tamriel Rebuilt?

If not, I am not interesting.

I am having a great time with Morrowind + Overhaul, Rebirth and Tamriel Rebuilt.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 065.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Is the weather/lighting in openMW planned to be tweakable any time soon like it is in MGEXE? the shadows look great in the trailer but I like being able to adjust sun brightness because just putting shadows over the regular game without brightening the sky illumination makes it look too dark

Attached: Morrowind 2018-07-29 23.19.53.jpg (1920x3252, 1.53M)

Are you using chrome?
If yes then 100%, uninstall that spyware and clean your stored data for your google account.

What mods for tes3mp would you guys like? I'm thinking of removing/reworking the main quest dungeons to be harder for co-op, since the game is piss easy with 2 people playing.

A deathmatch map.

Are the Beyond Skyrim guys planning to make any other mods?

If you plan to do stuff for TES3MP, I'd recommend doing it in the server's lua implementation so people don't actually need to add a mod to their client

1. It is open source, which is why things like tes3mp exist
2. It will eventually have things like a more powerful MWSE built in. It already has LUA support
3. Custom animations. See a mod for the recent openMW that allows for weapons to be sheathed and show on your body. This wasn't possible before
4. Tamriel rebuilt works great with it

>YFW OpenMW can be applied to the Fallout universe
>YFW we might see a resurrection of Van Buren
This is the absolute best timeline, Bethesda slowly dies and an era of unlimited modding and remakes will happen sometime in the future

Attached: images.jpg (215x234, 6K)

>Can someone explain to me what´s the point of OpenMW if it´s looks equal to the original but not allow the classic overhaul mods.
It's a whole new engine, this allows anyone with knowledge of C++ to make changes all the way to the core of the game should they wish too.
>I though the point of OpenMW was the multiplayer.
That's TES3MP, it was originally a seperate project working off of OpenMW but it's been officially incorporated into the engine, also a good example of why having a FOSS compliant engine is really good.

Vanity project.

>what´s the point of OpenMW
It's an open source reiplementation of MW's engine. It's cross-platform and it frees you from the binds of a bad 20 year old engine. You can do literally anything with it.

Why do brainlets always just think "but it looks the same, why should I care???"

Beyond Skyrim isn't even close to finished. Also, Bruma was absolutely shit. The Illiad Bay team seems good though

When is someone going to add in ray tracing to OpenMW? Every other retro game has it now

Its a fair point. OpenMW basically amounts to
>Look I remade Morrowind!
Ok, it looks the same, whats the point? I can just play Morrowind
>Well my engine can do lots of new cool stuff
Oh nice. Can you show me
>Well no it cant do it yet but maybe in 10 more years
K. I'll stick to MGE XE for now then.

Yes. It had custom shader support at one time, but it went away when they switched to a new graphics engine. Adding shading support back in is a top priority, since no one gives a shit about openMW as long as it is uglier than MGE.

why was bruma shit? genuinely curious, was waiting on the project to finish just so I could do a massive playthrough of Skyrim

I doubt the engine can support it

It is really buggy and unstable. And amateur voice acting is cringeworthy trash. The acting sucks, recording are low quality, and mixing is all over the place.

Its open source. It can support anything.

If I hosted a tes3mp server with TR would anyone play on it. I would do desynched journals so everyone can quest independently, and daily cell resets so multiple people can complete most quests. Only things off the top of my head that would be broken would the Great House strongholds.

>If I hosted a tes3mp server with TR would anyone play on it.
Maybe, shill it on TES3MPs discord and I'm sure people will likely drop by. Poke, Nalal enough and he might even give you free hosting.

I have a good hosting setup from my Minecraft days

>I doubt the engine can support it

fucking imbecile.
youtube.com/watch?v=vY0W3MkZFs4

are any of you faggots going to support openmw devs or are you going to just bitch about how they haven't implemented the thing that you want?

Attached: dwemer_dynamics.jpg (1386x830, 171K)

>TR team will probably add entire tamriel by the time you retire

feels good

What servers really need is are house mods and a house ownership system. Perhaps even just an instanced interior for a player house or something like that. A place to store my shit that other people can't access. The ideal thing would be like adding another canton to Vivec with like a 2 dozen apartments, and give every new player their own unique key that lets them alone enter their own apartment. And maybe let them dup the key to give a copy to friends if they want.

>What servers really need is are house mods and a house ownership system.
IIRC there's already public scripts for that.
>Perhaps even just an instanced interior for a player house or something like that.
I think they added custom cells in 0.7, don't quote me on that tho, so it should be doable.
>A place to store my shit that other people can't access.
I vividly remember a server with a proper bank script.
>The ideal thing would be like adding another canton to Vivec with like a 2 dozen apartments
The only way I remember being able to natively add stuff like that to a cell was with an older work around that turned custom ESPs into cell data.
>and give every new player their own unique key that lets them alone enter their own apartment. And maybe let them dup the key to give a copy to friends if they want.
With custom items it should be completely doable.

Did anyone try Project Tamriel? I always wanted to see Cyrodiil as it was described before oblivion: tropical and roman-esque instead of generic medieval european, but PT's Cyrodiil page was last updated a year ago while Skyrim seems to be more active with it's updates? Is it dead? Is it a good mod?

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 179K)

I have and it's fucking awesome. Skyrim Home of the Nords has a ton of content right now with quite a bit coming soon. Cyrodiil has significantly less though. They have the isle of stirk with the Gold Coast coming out this year. All of these locations are absolutely gorgeous.

Its still in it infancy, but what is there is pretty good. I think its still only the town of Stirk.

Anvil and the rest of the Gold Coast is coming soon. they said they have few interiors and quests to work on but that's it. Stirk is getting it's full main quest soon too though after Anvil.

>openMW works great
>The MW modding community is currently more actives than Skyrims
>Tamriel Rebuilt is amazing, while Skywind is a scam
>All of Skyrims biggest projects falling apart because of drama
>Tes 6 will probably have all mods locked to Creation Club, and severly gimp the tool kits so they have console parity
>All modders eventually just move to openMW
>You will see all of Tamirel rebuilt in Morrowind with beautiful ray traced graphics in your life time
Literally the only reason I haven't killed myself.

Attached: elderkings.jpg (1614x1270, 579K)

>go to play on tes3mp for the first time in ages
>FTC doesn't exist
>it's not on either version
Did nac get perma'd like mal?
Details?

the community is still alive i think
server is probably under new name then

I guess I'll see if I still have him on disc, I don't imagine he'd get thrown out.

I closed it a while ago, Dawn of Resdayne was given everyones player data tho so you can play any characters you had on FTC there.

Nice, you gonna bring FTC back eventually?

Attached: LAD.gif (476x508, 452K)

>a scam for "aspiring developers" to put in their CV to get a real job in the industry
How does that even work anyway? Oscuro got the job in Obsidian, thirteenoranges, guy who made arena mod for Skyrim works in Ubisoft or smth, Falskaar creator got a job at Bungie. I'm glad for them and all but why would they be hired, they weren't even making mods for THEIR games?

Probably no, got a lot going on.

>why would they be hired, they weren't even making mods for THEIR games
Why would it matter what game you have modded if you have made or were a part of a team that made a popular mod?

If this modder has a set of skills with bethesda's toolkit you would need to spend your time and money to educate him on how to use your toolkit. Especially if it's a proprietary engine

I would be happy with black marsh and Elsweyr.
in fact i think black marsh wouldn't need that many custom assets, you could simply make it look like the bitter coast and it'd work just fine

I wish I was a NEET so i could join one of these projects and do something cool... i remember messing around with the creation kit(?) for morrowind in the mid 2000s it was really fun and simple to use. unfortunately i'm in my 30s now and have so much shit to do.

What is OpenMW? Is it just allowing people to remake skyrim in morrowind or wahtever?

Rebuilt engine for Morrowind that's also open source

>Shitwiz was so BTFO by user in /tesg/ he posts here now
L O L
O
L

I've never really followed MW mods but openmw really reignited my interest in the game.
Redbull me on the huge map mods like Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords and Province Cyrodiil. Are they just massive memes or do they show promise?

Contribute anything at all. Make a simple dagger model and drop it by the Tamriel Rebuilt forums and see if they'll include it.

Its a completely new open source engine that runs Morrowind. It works really well and is super stable. It has made things like online multiplayer for Morrowind possible.

Tamriel Rebuilt doesnt just shoe promise, it is already a must have. Even though the factions aren't finished, it has as many misc quests as the base game and is absolutely fucking gorgeous. All the dungeons are top notch also. Work on it has also been accelerating in recent months after the Skywind exodus. A lot of those modders came to Tamriel rebuilt.

The Skyrim mod is also coming along nicely. Some excellent art assets in there. Its a lot smaller than TR right now though and doesn't have many quests. But you can at least walk around and see some nice towns.

The Cyrodil mod is is still a baby. Not much content there and progress is slow.

>Skywind exodus
its that bad over there?

The dude leading voice acting back then was fired. Now he spends his time on youtube sucking dick shaped popsicles and making gay ASMR videos.
The project was complete ass back before 2015. It completely changed direction near the end of 2015.
Source: I'm one of the devs. I'll provide proof in the Skywind discord if needed.

>Skywind exodus
???

>morrowind but DM:M&M's kick

Attached: 1519817553238.gif (160x160, 53K)

hey how do I install a completely vanilla version of openmw

the wizard wont let me install from disc even when I have an iso mounted and when I chose a vanilla directory it still had mods from my other install for some reason

Attached: Morrowind 2017-12-27 21.04.00.180.png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

Its a vanity project meant for shitters to have something to put on their resume when looking for work. It is nowhere near playable, and there was a shit storm when the leaders cut a trailer straight up lying about the state of the game. They were making smaller stand-alone world spaces and passing it off as though that was actually the Morrowind world space

Thanks lad. I really need to dig into this stuff.
Not sure why I've ignored all this for years. I was too busy modding stalker

The only thing I want to know about Skywind is when can we steal their assets for OpenMW? Morrowind's graphics hold up great when you add in modern rendering techniques. The only really poor looking parts are the armor and weapons made from single digit polygon counts. We need to steal their armor assets.

>and there was a shit storm when the leaders cut a trailer straight up lying about the state of the game. They were making smaller stand-alone world spaces and passing it off as though that was actually the Morrowind world space
Why do you feel the need to just randomly make up a bunch of shit?

I worked on Skywind for a year. I was one of the only people making actual progress and not just posting screens on the forums. 90% of the assets you see posted in those forums are someones art school project and are nowhere near game ready. Most of their models have absolute garbage topologies as well and can't be animated or retopo'd with looking like utter ass.

probably not since armor sets in skyrim and morrowind are completely different, you would need to split up the models into left pauldron, right pauldron and so on. It would take a lot of work

What was your username then. I would remember you if that's even remotely true.

Yeah, but less work than creating them again from scratch. People have back ported mods before. See the awesome "Daedric Lord" armor for example. It was originally a Morrowind daedra armor mod for Oblivion then Skyrim. Now its been back ported into Morrowind.

Are we allowed to use Bethesda models as a base for a mod that we upload on Nexus? I want to take a stab at sculpting some detail onto some of the Morrowind armors.

Rebelzize seems like an okay dude and the rest of the team working on it are actually pretty active from what I've seen. Feel bad for him about what happened with his girlfriend, I feel like I would drop shit like this and go into a pit of despair if that happened to me but he kept on going, kudos for that I guess.

Nifskoping has been a thing for ages, should be fine

Well?

Why remake oblivion in skyrim?
skyrim doesnt have anything Oblivion doesn't already have and the graphics aren't really all that dated to justify a remake...
Not trying to insult them I know it's hard work I just don't see what's the point

To have one seemless world? Why wouldn't you want it?

>seemless
in what way?

I love how stable openMW is. Its nice no to be able to load up on mods without constant crashes.

That's a good question actually, IMO:
The newer the bethesda game, the more easy it is to mod;
Oblivion's combat was even worse than Skyrim's;
It does look better. Vanilla aged like milk.
It doesn't have that iirc. Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil team are turbo gay people who are trying to do that and even cancelled LE version of their mod to pull it of but not Skyblivion

You can fast travel to Cyrodil.

>removing Soule, adding Souls
what horrible fever dream night terrors TES 6 is going to bring
im expecting an absolute travesty of a game, Bethesda is one of those companies that NEVER learns from their mistakes, they just make even worse ones later that overshadow the previous follies

Attached: 1540110424439.jpg (400x288, 26K)

We need a Roscrea mod for Project Tamriel. Beyond Skyrim is getting Roscrea but its closer to MW than Skyrim

Attached: mjdbw5aou7cz.png (987x677, 1.41M)

I want to join
What language are they using? CPP?

as far as i'm aware Skyblivion doesn't add Cyrodiil to Skyrim, it's a total conversion. Beyond Skyrim does that

>CPP
Yep, that and Lua

yep
this has the details you need: wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Contribution_Wanted

Attached: thumbs_up_rocket.jpg (316x400, 18K)

could someone please answer this, thanks

I modded Morrowind once and it looked great, it took me a day to get right though.
Wake me up when Morrowind is simple and easy to overhaul, like one fucking download and I'm done.

is there a comprehensive list of all the creatures they've added to tamriel_data?

Rite thanks buds

>but its closer to MW than Skyrim
You don't know that. I do agree that it would be a nice addition. Skyrim is being modded in, too, after all.

Oh, then yeah, its kinda dumb.
But if I can mod their mod to port Oblivion armors into Skyrim, its at least worth it for that.

>Work on it has also been accelerating in recent months after the Skywind exodus. A lot of those modders came to Tamriel rebuilt.
What happened?

What the fuck? Why is Skyblivion so far ahead then? different leads? Why doesn't the Beyond Skyrim team mentiont his

How is the atmosphere? Are the lead devs total fags? I made a few small meshes for Beyond Skyrim (Atmora) once but left because everyone in the discord were literal trannies who kept spamming about shit about politics and punching Nazis.

Yeah. Skyblivion is 100% a different team. They are similar in name only.

>Thanks Skywind team :^)
The only team I actually trust is the Beyond Skyrim Team

youtube.com/watch?v=SRHb4S68BjI

Attached: 1510592802489.jpg (1440x2560, 2.11M)

I was just thinking how awesome something like Beyond Skyrim: Vvardenfell could be

>island almost entirely destroyed during the oblivion crisis
>only monsters and zombies, maybe some NPCs here and there
>settlements are deserted and full of monsters
>roaming bandits and looters in the coast
>almost all the assets needed were already added with the dragonborn DLC

I don't trust them either. Cyrodiil's team admitted on Reddit a while back that aside from Bruma they hardly had anything else done yet. Someone asked if they were to release everything now what it would be like and a dev said it'd be pretty much nothing but empty world space aside from Bruma and half finished towns.

Literally nothing. He's just making shit up. It's surprising how much Yea Forums just gobbles up as 100% truth with no proof.

That's what Skywind is supposed to be

t. discord tranny

Beyond Skyrim: Morrowind already made claim to Vvardenfell. They're making mainland and the island. Only way I see that working is if a bunch of people make their own mod for it under a different name.

forum.openmw.org/search.php?keywords=

I had no idea this project existed, sounds cool. I wonder how they'll handle the remains of vivec city

t. actual tranny

They made it so 99% of the island is destroyed and you'll only have a few settlements in the border.

you mean this?
youtube.com/watch?v=1FL3uj28k5w

Attached: 1517244252126.jpg (1920x1080, 628K)

Not a bad way to handle it desu
Would be cool if there was a quest or something to find and loot the old treasuries in vivec city... they could be underwater and full of zombies and shit

Not him but kinda. It's a trailer for pre-release like Bruma, iirc it's only gonna feature isles of Bleackrock and Sheogorad

SE>Oldshit

Is it Ukraine on the map?

Do you know where we are?

The best thing about OpenMW is the possibiliy of a N3DS or Vita port.
Goddamn imagine a portable morrowind with dual sticks so playing doesn't feel like cancer.
The touchscreens would be perfect for inventory management.

Attached: vitasnatcher.jpg (4032x3024, 1.14M)

some openmw devs are in this thread right now
From what I see on forums, they are all chill and reasonable, but in turn they expect you to be chill and reasonable as well

Attached: disappearance_of_Dwemers.jpg (1119x735, 81K)

>are any of you faggots going to support openmw devs
no

All of them are nice desu. They only get a little upset when people bitch at them for not having it 100% done yesterday.

is Yea Forums full of poorfags who can't resist buying 200 lootboxes + two new dragon dildos and instead throw few shekels towards the development of open source engine

yes

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Nope, I'll buy Starfield and TES6 though.

I love Openmw, but I have this autistic thing where I don't play something unless I know it's finished. So I can't bring myself to play openmw until I know they're done with it.

Attached: 1470466413225.jpg (504x380, 39K)

>Talked about bad things that needed to go away

I've noticed this as a theme of failed projects. Same reason Vampires 2 seems like it will crash and burn.

>punch nazis

Why is it always punching Nazis? Nazis can eat a dick but the people saying this always have the body of a 12 year old and a mind that fits that body.

2016 was a fucking mistake.

extreme politics branding everything that's not them as an "other" but it's best left at that unless you wanna end up summoning lurking /pol/acks

Attached: Blyadd.png (1024x638, 629K)

This is the first time I'm hearing of this, wtf. This looks really good though, I'll try it.
How do you install mods on it?

drop them in the data folder for morrowind and activate them in the OpenMW launcher

Drop them in MW data folder like you did before.

>politics are so shit that we have to worry about a thread invasion whenever you talk slightly about them

Fuck everything

Attached: 1514335505892.jpg (460x291, 52K)

Yeah, just realized it only replaces the engine and you still need the original game files for this to work, so the modding process is practically the same. Thanks bros, I'm downloading it now.

What is the best beginners guide for modding Morrowind? Like lets say I made a cube in 3dmax and want to import it as a new weapon. Where can I learn how to do that?

>cube
>as a weapon
i don't know why but I want this

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

have you played Turok: Evolution perhaps?

Attached: DMC.jpg (1024x768, 105K)