I think I've pinpointed the worst (3D) Mario Kart track

I think I've pinpointed the worst (3D) Mario Kart track
Which is strange since most Double Dash tracks are above average

Attached: GCN Sherbet Land.png (608x448, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5CkvcwmEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WRONG. It is actually Wario's Shipyard in Mario Kart 7.

Ask anyone if they liked that course. They will say fuck no.

Wario Shipyard was one of the best in 7
7 had mediocre courses all around though
Piranha Plant Pipeway and Music Park were good

Tbqh, there are much worse tracks in mk7, but most of the bad ones are old tracks like kalamari desert or luigi's mansion

If you're a brainlet that can't into ice, then maybe.

Most of the good ones are also old ones since 7 took
>Waluigi Pinball
>Airship Fortress
>Coconut Mall
>Mushroom Gorge
>Maple Treeway
>Koopa Cape
Yes I'm STILL FUCKING MAD

True, wii tracks are the best, i love almost each one.

Ice stages are always the worst. There's like only one good ice stage in the entire series

Try again, OP

Attached: 1200px-MKDDyoshcircuit.png (1200x900, 2.17M)

Objectively wrong opinion
I think you are literally the sole person in this universe to hate Yoshi Circuit, user.

then I'm the only one with any fucking taste, the course is a horrible mix of boring and extremely cramped from fitting some arbitrary shape

this is a good runner-up for 2nd-worst though

Attached: DinoDinoJungleDoubleDash.jpg.jpg (256x184, 28K)

Which stage is that
I can only think of good snow stages, which don't count since there's no bullshit slippy-slidey ice

>like kalamari desert or luigi's mansion
Face it, user. You're just saying that and have no factual evidence to prove it. Kalamari desert is great. I love hitting people with shells just before the train comes. I'd even argue that it's one of my favorite stages of all time. The only downside is that you can't go into the tunnel in 3ds.

>best track of all time
>second worst

Holy mother of bad opinions

DK Summit

Go ahead user, post some of your favorites if you're such a paragon of taste

Attached: 1547184109065.gif (220x185, 109K)

My bad, I was lumping snow and ice stages together. I don't like snow stages either

This track is just so damn dull.

Attached: DK_Pass.png (256x192, 58K)

The fact that 7 got all the best Wii courses before 8 could use them will always annoy me

The train and you know it. Some (minority such as yourself) like it and i admire it for being unique, but honestly, it's just fucking desert with a railway to make it even more boring and make you wait. And all the ramps are located in sand areas where you slow down and can skip those anyways.

>Best
MK8's Cheese Land or Yoshi's Circuit GCN
>Worst
Mario Circuit 4
MK8's version of Rainbow Road 64

Attached: 1540968300501.jpg (1200x908, 104K)

Rainbow Road 64 was terrible in the original and you fucking know it
6 minutes of fucking nothing except for like four chain-chomps

Worse one has to be Yoshi's Falls for me. Hate that course. Cool idea, terrible execution. very repetitive.

>MK8's version of Rainbow Road 64
Thank you user, felt like I was the only one that doesn't like it.

At least it had the fuckhuge jump at the start of the track, it's worth remembering for that alone.

Nah. Rainblow Load 64 is the worst. DD is still the worst 3D MK right next to 7.

What's going on in that screenshot? Why do the Freezies look untextured with the word "cool" written on them?

Attached: SherbetLand3-GP-MKDD.png (1024x768, 701K)

Neo Bowser City is fun.

I miss prebuilt character specific karts.

I like it for having that item box from Mission mode with the guaranteed star or mushrooms. And the fact that they kept that even when remade in 7.

neo bowser is one my friends hate but I love, because the entire thing is drifting

>SNES Rainbow Road in MK7
So THIS is what hell looks like

>They brought it back in 8
I hope anyone who votes for it online dies.

It's the best SNES track and the best Rainbow Road
lrn2trn

>Start to drift
>Get lightning'd
>Drift off the track
>And into the sun
It's such a dreadful track

Which tracks could be made into real life kart racing tracks, and which ones would you race on if it were?

I think the SNES Mario Circuits and Donut Plains could be easily recreated, no idea why no one's done it yet
But without restrictions, probably Waluigi Stadium

All of the simple ones like Figure-8 Circuit, Luigi Raceway, the SNES tracks, etc. Coconut Mall might be fun inside a real mall.

Wario Colosseum is the best course in Mario Kart history
(When played on CTGP since Double Dash feels like shit)

>better game gets the better retro courses
8 is such a meme, no substance at all, and the most basic of shortcuts. Least 7 let you do crazy shit with the glider.

Attached: Marth big brain.jpg (560x560, 263K)

I feel no entry will ever top wii in any way except graphic.

Special thanks to all those who still play online every now and then.

Wiimmfi Worldwide regularly has over 100 players and Custom Tracks Worldwide around 30

>no Wario Colosseum where they do wack shit with the anti-gravity and bump it up to three laps

Attached: 1549591908235.jpg (651x655, 58K)

Definitely happening in 9
The only other GC tracks left are Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road, and Mushroom City
I'm hoping for GCN Rainbow Road too, and for the retro Bowser's Castle to be DS's

Are they even gonna do a 9?
We've got 8 Deluxe, basically the most content in any Mario Kart without mods, I don't see why they wouldn't just go "yeah uh, twenty bucks and here's 32 more tracks and like six new characters, here ya go"
Unless they decide to reinvent the wheels here, I don't see a 9 bringing anything that 8 Deluxe hasn't already got, except LESS content.

Ultimate version with every track ever
The only problem is if the mechanics suck that'd be disappointing

DS had great tracks but this wasn't one of them. I always forget it's supposed to be a DK track.

I think they will make a new game relatively soon. If they're trying to keep 8D alive as long as possible, they would have been making new DLC for it a long time ago.

Mario Kart is so split on what mechanics are best at this point it's ridiculous. Some people want DS controls and physics, some people want Funky and Daisy Bike Wii back, other people are still all about the Double Dash, 8 definitely coalesces some of the best parts of every game into one place but some people still aren't happy.

>shit track
>zero effort name
>shit music
Wow.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv5CkvcwmEo

Attached: RosalinaIceWorld.png (800x480, 405K)

Yeah DK Summit did it a lot better
I always thought it was super cool how DK Summit is a snow covered DK Mountain, so even though there's no DK imagery in the track you still get the feeling it's a DK track

Hint: It's Funky Bike but make karts better too. That way everyone is happy and it's way more fun. Because bikes were super fucking fun in Wii.

not to mention a great dishonor towards my mommy

>shit music
Bad opinion

Attached: 1511076179588.png (230x300, 109K)

That's definitely the big problem with Wii, it's that karts were pretty much invalidated by bikes being better in every way.
On-demand speed-ups, narrow hitboxes, inside drifting, some of the fastest and most maneuverable character/vehicle combos, they had it all.
8 hit them with the nerf too hard, making karts stack up would've been the best choice.

Why does Nintendo like to fellate Rosalina so fucking much

But the thing is, no one's FORCED to use karts. If bikes are better and more fun in every way, why not just use bikes? Why even care about karts? It's not like it's THAT different of a playstyle.

>Rosalina gets one (1) single track in the 3 games she's been playable
>"wtf nintendo why do you fellate her so fucking much"

Attached: 1436334779647.png (826x738, 526K)

>bikes are just reskinned karts
>no major glider shortcuts like in 7
>nothing from DS
>150cc slow as shit, 200cc slightly alleviates this
>courses are all flat and wide, nothing as narrow as in old games or as bumpy as in Wii
>massive amount of weight classes ironically led to less balance and character variety, enjoy Morton Kart
I genuinely can't see how 8 combines the best parts at all. The new battle modes in Deluxe are cool though.

Don't be dense
I'm not just talking about Mario Kart
She's been in EVERYTHING since Galaxy

Nigga I don't want to play a game with shit balancing

Then you don't want to play Mario Kart.

Attached: tryhard picks.jpg (800x800, 157K)

>She's been in EVERYTHING since Galaxy
Odyssey says hi. She has a small cameo as a wall sprite but still.

Fuck off Sherbet Land is good

But I want to play Mario Kart.
These two facts are the source of all my problems.

Sorry you suck at drifting user

>enjoy Morton Kart
I legit cannot fathom why this happened. Bowser has literally the exact same stats and the tryhards somehow decided that they'd rather play as fucking Morton for some reason.

She's been getting even less screen time since 3D World.

Why the fuck isn't a Mario character allowed to appear again?
Just because you don't like her?

Attached: shrugging old man.jpg (384x313, 83K)

Who the fuck picked toadette in DD? You only get the gold in last place.
DK/Bowser is the best combo, prove me wrong.

>UGH TOAD CIRCUIT
>UGH DAISY GOT A WHOLE CRUISE SHIP
>UGH A TRACK FOR THE BABIES
>UGH SEVEN WARIO TRACKS

What about Peter Piranha and King Boo? Wouldn't they be the best since they can get ever special item?

Probably something incredibly autistic like hitbox size or a minuscule acceleration difference or w/e

>prove me wrong
Okay. Diddy and Jr. in the Barrel Train.

Wario deserves those tracks since every track he touches becomes kino
>N64 Wario Stadium
>DS Wario Stadium
>Wario Colosseum
>Mount Wario

Toadette is irrelevant in that pic, the barrel train that’s infamous because of how well the mini turbo is with traction. Ideal combo would be diddy/koopas or diddy/bowser jr on barrel train

>Heavy anything
>missing out on the Barrel Train
Double Dash is a lightweight meta.

Attached: fair and balanced.png (2141x1596, 184K)

It's less about Toadette and more about the Barrel Train.

>picking a heavy in DD

Attached: qgVxxJAFMb.png (300x250, 49K)

Bowser/Jr provide great track denial with koopa shells, kongs giant nana is a stupid good hazard on ramps, wario bros bomb is top tier of you know how to throw it or time it behind. Yosh/Birdo egg is extremely underrated because it has a chance of spawning a star after breaking

Attached: 6684685D-2B45-4190-A44C-D6EBB183719A.png (700x700, 21K)

Post your Bottom 5 tracks
>Kalamari Desert ( MK64 )
>Rainbow Road ( MK64 )
>Dolphin Shoals ( MK8/8D )
>Sherbet Land ( MK:DD )
>Toad's Turnpike ( MK8/8D, It's actually ok in MK64 )

>Figure-8 Circuit
>Wuhu Loop
>Yoshi Desert
>DK Pass
>Rosalina's Ice World

Toad's Turnpike
N64 Rainbow Road
GCN Sherbet Land
Desert Hills
Banshee Boardwalk

I love Mario Kart 64 but it did have some bad tracks, but also some great ones like Royal Raceway and Wario Stadium

>Toad gets picked for offroading speed
>Barrel Train gets picked because it's absolutely broken
>Dry Bones gets picked because of his innate snaking-friendly karts and for being lightweight, meaning best offroad
>Funky gets picked because of a tiny, near invisible sliver of speed
>Metal gets picked because a niche hitbox difference
>Morton gets picked because he takes up less screen size, of all things
I swear these tryhard choices get dumber and dumber as time goes on.

Some 7 tracks become literally impossible on 200cc due to being designed by monkeys. But I can see why you hate it.

It's Figure-8 Circuit. Just try to prove me wrong.

Figure-8 Circuit
Yoshi Falls
DK Pass
Rainbow Road 64
Excitebike Arena
Dishonorable mention: Vanilla Lake 2

Yoshi Valley (64)
Lakeside Park
Grumble Volcano
Rosalina's Ice World
Baby Park (8)

I don't know how anyone could hate Toad's Deathpike. Even the 8 version is good.

wait a minute. does anybody else think that that track kind of looks like Yoshi the dinosaur from the Super Mario games?

This

omg no way haha

You must be seeing things.

Woah... I think you're actually onto something

Attached: 1549924928705.jpg (411x316, 41K)

Excitebike Arena
Baby Park
Bonedry Dunes
Music Park
MK7 Rainbow Road